Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 174 175 176 177 178 ... 247 248
@ObsidianMage

Ooh! Nice name!
@ObsidianMage

Ooh! Nice name!
2019-08-22.png
If I had a cat I probable call it a combination names like Lindshayla which(was also my previous username) is a combination of Lindsay,and Shayla or Shala. Or I would name it something randomly or something that it reminds me of.
If I had a cat I probable call it a combination names like Lindshayla which(was also my previous username) is a combination of Lindsay,and Shayla or Shala. Or I would name it something randomly or something that it reminds me of.
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)
@Aetherstorm
HI! Did anyone told you that you're an amazing writer 'BECAUSE YOU ARE!!
I've only found the Pinkerlocke a few days ago and I'm already done reading the entire story so far! I don't know why I have not done this in the first place but can you add me to the pinglist?
@Aetherstorm
HI! Did anyone told you that you're an amazing writer 'BECAUSE YOU ARE!!
I've only found the Pinkerlocke a few days ago and I'm already done reading the entire story so far! I don't know why I have not done this in the first place but can you add me to the pinglist?
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png CEvzoxE.gifActive 6:00+
@shirotsubaki6564
Sure! I am so happy you love it so much!!! I'll add you right away :D
@shirotsubaki6564
Sure! I am so happy you love it so much!!! I'll add you right away :D
[center][item=Lightweaver Marble Bust] (I know it's the last day of the Brightshine Jubilee, but I still had to get an update out about it :3) [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1355240][img]http://i.imgur.com/LIo8D8G.gif[/img][/url] [font=comic sans][color=#ECDF28][size=6]Light Edition![/size][/color][/font] [b]Day 119:[/b] Odyssey felt as if the tunnel would go on forever, his talons rubbed raw and his wings pinned permanently to his back. But then the stone and darkness surrounding him gave way to beautiful light and wonderful fresh air, the wind tickling his scales and making him feel like he'd been held prisoner his entire life. He unfolded his cramped wings, a thrill running through him as a breeze rushed by, taunting him into the air. [b]"Finally."[/b] Aiden grumped in front of him, the trademark scowl on the mirror's face. [b]"I thought that tunnel would never end."[/b] Hester, who was sitting a few steps away, frowned at him. [b]"At least it got us out of the forest."[/b] She reminded him sharply. [b]"There's a town up ahead. Maybe we can get something to eat there."[/b] Aiden rolled his eyes. [b]"Can't we catch something instead?"[/b] He asked, waving at the thick greenery surrounding them. [b]"We are [i]dragons[/i] after all."[/b] He added pointedly. Hester shrugged. [b]"Probably, but it smells really good."[/b] She told them. [b]"Like, really [i]really[/i] good. We can't hunt something like that in the forest."[/b] Aiden glanced at her skeptically, sniffing the air. Odyssey did the same, an amazing scent filled with warmth and sugar and comfort filling his nose. His stomach growled in protest, not having noticed how hungry it was until his appetite was awakened by the delicious smell. [b]"Then let's go!"[/b] Odyssey blurted, before either of the mirrors could continue arguing. [b]"It smells really good, and I'm [i]starving[/i]."[/b] Hester shrugged and turned around, blatantly ignoring the miffed look on Aiden's face. [b]"It's this way."[/b] She told them, setting off through the sparse trees. Odyssey hurried after her, glad he could finally move by running instead of slowly inching along a cavern floor. Aiden stomped after them, still looking rather unpleasant. The trio quickly came across a quaint little village, remarkably smaller than Rivermouth, but still quite large and well-lived in. They came in sight of a large cobblestone circle surrounded by numerous stalls, the whole thing decked out in glittering yellow fabric and miniature porcelain suns that shone with magic, illuminating the whole plaza in a blaze of golden glory. Odyssey could feel his eyes growing wide as he took in all the flashy decorations, bustling dragons, and joyful cheers, the aura of the party sinking into his bones. Aiden's mouth hung open slightly as he stared at the festivities, as if he'd never celebrated anything in his life. Hester was staring at it all with a slightly greedy look in her eye, the corner of her mouth quirked up in a scheming grin that worried Odyssey a bit. [b]"Why. . . why do you look like that?"[/b] He asked her nervously. Hester tilted her head at him, which just made him more fidgety. [b]"Which stall do you like the most?"[/b] She asked, avoiding the question. Odyssey blinked slowly at her, no words leaving his mouth. Hester rolled her eyes. [b]"Which stall do you like the most?"[/b] She repeat firmly. [b]"The one with food."[/b] Aiden automatically replied, his eyes glued to a stall stocked with foods and filled with smells Odyssey had never even dreamt of before. Hester grinned at it. [b]"Got it."[/b] She mused, flicking her tail. [b]"I'll be right back."[/b] She slunk away, her flashy metallic scales somehow melting easily into the shadows. Odyssey and Aiden crouched behind some dense shrubbery together, fiercely trying to ignore the awkward silence. Odyssey busied himself with thought. Where was Hester going? She didn't have any money. What if she didn't come back and they would just wait in this bush for all eternity? He found himself staring at the spot where the dragonet had disappeared, subconsciously holding his breath. Hester reappeared a few moments later, a triumphant grin on her face and a paper rectangle clutched in her claws. [b]"What is that supposed to be?"[/b] Aiden sneered, wrinkling his nose as Hester bounded up to them. [b]"I dunno."[/b] She replied, turning it over in her claws. [b]"It was a bit overwhelming with all the smells and glitter."[/b] [b]"Is it at least edible?"[/b] Aiden wondered, sliding up to her and sniffing it curiously. [b]"The paper doesn't look very good."[/b] Hester scowled at him. [b]"Feel free to steal something for yourself, if you don't want this."[/b] She growled, pulling it away from him. [b]"Wait, you [i]stole[/i] that?"[/b] Odyssey asked. Hester gave him a funny look. [b]"Duh."[/b] She said, rolling her eyes. [b]"How else did you think we were going to get anything? By asking politely?"[/b] Odyssey guiltily shuffled his feet. He had indeed assumed they had some form of currency to spend on food, but it was a stupid idea, now that he thought about it some more. [b]"Whatever. Just tear off the paper already."[/b] Aiden muttered. Hester wrinkled her snout at him but obeyed and sank her claws into the flimsy paper, easily tearing it apart. When the wrapper fell away it revealed a shiny brown bar, sectioned into little squares. It smelled heavenly, and was so smooth the sun practically glistened off of it's shiny brown surface. Hester was beaming at it, even though she had no idea what it could possibly be. Aiden was blankly staring, slowly reaching out to take whatever it was into his own talons. Hester swatted them away and Aiden flinched back with a wince, ducking his head. [b]"What is it?"[/b] Odyssey wondered, trying really hard not to start drooling every time he inhaled. [b]"I think it's chocolate."[/b] Aiden mused, tilting his head at it. [b]"My mom gave me some back when we lived in the Ashfall Waste."[/b] Hester inspected the chocolate cautiously, but it was clear she was just as tantalized by the smell as the other two dragons were. [b]"It smells good."[/b] She mused. [b]"How do you eat it?"[/b] [b]"You break it into pieces."[/b] Aiden explained, reaching out and snapping a few of the squares off. [b]"And then you just. . . put it in your mouth and stuff."[/b] He added, tossing a piece to Odyssey. The wildclaw caught it deftly out of the air, the chocolate smooth and delicate in his talons. Aiden stuffed his entire portion of chocolate into his mouth at once, chewing contentedly with a sort of dreamy look on his face. Hester bit into hers with more caution, giving the chocolate piercing looks even as she ate it. Odyssey simply popped his piece into his mouth, the rich chocolate melting over his tongue and easily giving way to a soft, creamy inside between his teeth. [b]"Ish sho good."[/b] Aiden mumbled through the chocolate cementing his jaws together. Odyssey swallowed, the chocolate smoothly sliding down his throat. [b]"Very."[/b] He agreed, feeling jittery with the sugar. [b]"But not very filling."[/b] Hester crumpled up the remaining paper and tossed it into the crowd of bustling, celebrating dragons, no one giving a second glance at a drifting piece of paper. [b]"Unfortunately."[/b] She added. [b]"But we can always go back. The stall was selling meat too. Really good roasted meat on sticks with seasoning and stuff."[/b] [b]"Then why didn't you grab some of that?"[/b] Aiden wondered, picking chocolate out form between his teeth. Hester scowled at him. [b]"If you want to be picky about your food, get some yourself."[/b] She snarled. [b]"How about we all go there together now and choose our own food?"[/b] Odyssey gulped nervously, but Aiden leaped upon the opportunity like it was a plump, juicy squirrel. [b]"Great idea!"[/b] He enthused. [b]"Something exciting after that [i]long boring cave tunnel[/i]."[/b] Hester groaned, rolling her eyes yet again. [b]"Will you shut up about the cave tunnel?"[/b] She snapped. Aiden snorted, leaping to his feet. [b]"Fine."[/b] He said absentmindedly. [b]"Now get your tails moving before there's no meat to steal anymore."[/b] Hester growled threateningly as she stomped after him, followed shyly by Odyssey who kept anxiously fidgeting with his claws. What if they got caught? They'd probably never find their friends then. Unless it got them a lot of publicity, which would probably make it easier. But still, getting thrown in jail didn't seem very much fun either. He felt Hester grab his tail and jank him towards the desnley clustered trees where she and Aiden were hiding, both giving him dirty looks. Odyssey had been sauntering straight for the center of the plaza, nearly revealing himself to everyone. [b]"Focus."[/b] Hester snarled, flexing her claws. [b]"Or no meat for you."[/b] Odyssey huffed in annoyance and sat back on his haunches. [b]"You guys go first."[/b] He muttered. [b]"I can wait."[/b] Aiden shrugged and prowled off towards the stall with all the food, which was surprisingly large for a temporary shop. It was a large semicircle covered in a swathe of familiar golden fabric, shimmering in the sunlight. On top of it sat mounds and heaps of all types of food, chocolate bars, meat kacobs, insect salads, little bread things filled with something called 'bacon', and even some glistening pastry things a little sign claimed was called cake. Odyssey stared absently at the shopkeeper, wondering what it must have been like to be him. To be fully grown and having travelled far from your homeland, celebrating a party that honored the element you were born into. He looked quite happy and very proud of his goods. Maybe that was something to live for; to be fully content with your life in a way you chose. [b]"Hello there, young sir!"[/b] Another voice nearby piper up, cheerful and musical. [b]"Would you like to show some interest in some of my wares?"[/b] Odyssey nearly jumped out of his scales, spinning around to face the dragon who had spoken to him. He was a tall, kind-looking coatl, his scales deep hues of purple accented by pale yellows, which perfectly matched his eyes. He wore a tight golden shirt and a fitting sash, along with several other accessories adorning his wings. The coatl grinned at him, flashing several rows of stark-white teeth. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41775680] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417757/41775680_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]"Uh. . . uhm, maybe?"[/b] Odyssey squeaked nervously, shivering so hard his teeth were rattling. Aiden and hester were probably still too busy with the food stand to try and rescue him. Not that they [i]would[/i] rescue him, but knowing he was entirely alone didn't comfort him either. The coatl chuckled musically, urging Odyssey closer to his shop, which was far less flashy than most of the others. [b]"Now now, don't be shy!"[/b] The coatl urged, waving his talons at a large dark mahogany table that sat just behind him, with neat arrays of all kinds of fancy, practical, and even magical things set up on top of it. Odyssey's eyes travelled to it, intrigued by some of the peculiar items. Then he snapped his head back, guiltily staring at the ground. [b]"I don't have any money."[/b] He admitted, not meeting the shopkeeper's eyes. Instead of making a face and shooing him away, the coatl chuckled again. [b]"Just here for the pretty lights, huh?"[/b] He wondered, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. [b]"Come on, I insist. You must find something you like here."[/b] Odyssey awkwardly shuffled up to the table, eyeing the wide range of special items and fancy toys. He was fascinated by how the porcelain suns seemed to glow from the inside, or how a miniature marble bust of a long-eared deity seemed to look like it was moving with every passing breeze. There was even a book with the light insignia seared into the cover, glowing with pure golden light. The treasures were indeed captivating, but Odyssey could never even dream of buying any. [b]"Where do you get these?"[/b] He wondered breathlessly, staring at a necklace that seemed to be made of molten gold. The coatl grinned again, proudly ruffling his wings. [b]"I've been a merchant for a while."[/b] He explained. [b]"When you've travelled to as many places as me, you find ways to get such fascinating treasures quite easily. You wouldn't believe what some plague dragons would trade for a barrel of fresh water."[/b] He added mischievously with a wink. Odyssey tried smiling back, but something he had said starting niggling at the back of his brain. [b]"Have. . . have you gone to the Southern Icefield?"[/b] He asked in a small voice, lifting his head to meet the coatl's eyes. The merchant's mouth quirked up in a small smile, quite different from his usual charming grin. [b]"Yes, actually."[/b] He admitted, turning towards his stall. [b]"And I found this there."[/b] The coatl's deep purple claws reached beneath the dark wood of his table and pulled out a long, flat thing wrapped in some old, yellowing cloth. Odyssey stared at it, confused, and the coatl chuckled at his expression. [b]"I wasn't showing it off for the sake of the celebration."[/b] He explained, gently setting it down. [b]"It wouldn't be right trying to sell a sword of ice during the festival of light."[/b] Odyssey nearly had to double take. [b]"A [i]sword[/i]?"[/b] He hissed, eyeing the cloth skeptically. The merchant nodded, slowly unraveling the cloth until it fell away, revealing a gleaming blade that shone like ice. Odyssey could immediately feel a slight chill in the air, a shiver running up his spine at the prospect of the amount of power such a weapon could hold. [b]"It's. . . wow."[/b] He breathed. The blade itself looked as if it could be made of pure ice, catching the light as easily as a glacier would. The hilt was some sort of fusion between wood and metal, with expertly crafted wings fanning out in a symbol of glory. It was so beautiful Odyssey almost flinched when the coatl merchant began folding it back into it's yellowed cloth, hiding the powerful weapon within. [b]"Take it."[/b] The merchant insisted softly, pushing the cloths into Odyssey's talons. [b]"I insist."[/b] It took Odyssey a few moment to properly register the coatl's words, staring at the leather-wrapped sword in his talons. Then he shook his head furiously and shoved it back into the coatl's arms. [b]"I can't take that!"[/b] Odyssey cried. [b]"It's special and powerful and probably magic! Why would you trust me with something like that? I don't even know your name!"[/b] The coatl sighed, but there was still something about the way he looked at odyssey to suggest that he was rather amused. [b]"My name is Helios, if that was bothering you."[/b] He told the wildclaw with a small grin. [b]"And you're actually [i]supposed[/i] to have it, considering it used to be your father's."[/b] Odyssey's blood suddenly turned to ice and he froze, breath catching in his throat. [b]"You. . . you knew my father?"[/b] He wondered, his voice small. Helios smiled sympathetically at him. [b]"You never met him, did you?"[/b] He asked quietly. [b]"Died before you were out of your egg."[/b] Now Odyssey felt like he'd just sink into the ground and stay there for the rest of eternity. [b]"My father's dead?"[/b] He croaked. Helios sighed sadly, worry lines creasing his forehead. [b]"He died in a battle a few days after you were laid."[/b] He admitted, his voice soft. Odyssey felt dizzy, all the other sounds and sights in the plaza fading away. [b]"He was a powerful warrior, and people were afraid of him for it"[/b] Helios continued. [b]"When a certain group of dragons heard he was going to have offspring, they hunted him down."[/b] He shook his head lightly. [b]"They were able to smash the other egg before your mother somehow got you to safety. I never knew her, but she was a very brave dragon to die for you like that."[/b] Odyssey felt sick to his stomach. Not only his father, but his mother was dead too. And his sibling, who he had never even knew he had. All of them were dead, and he had never stopped to think about where they might be or what they might have been doing. Helios could easily read the expression on his face, frowning sympathetically. [b]"Take it."[/b] The coatl insisted softly. [b]"You father would have wanted you to have it."[/b] Odyssey reluctantly took the hidden sword, feeling his talons clench on the soft fabric. This time he didn't want to shove the sword away, insisting he shouldn't have it. He [i]should[/i] have it. It was his father's, and how it was his. It was the only way he could think of to respect the memory of his parents, even though he'd never even learned their names. The sword connected him to them, and he never wanted to let it out of his sight again. It was also a pretty radical thing to inherit from your dead parents, to be honest. Who else got a magical sword from their deceased father? [b]"Oh, and take this."[/b] Helios added, tossing a complicated leather sheath towards him. [b]"It'll help you carry it."[/b] Odyssey peered at it curiously, casting aside the cloth. He slid the sword of ice into the snug leather satchel. It fit like a glove, easily disguising the mystical ice weapon as a common broadsword, expect with the extravagant hilt poking out on top. Odyssey strapped it around his waist, the sword feeling light and comfortable as it rested against his side. Helios smiled at him, opening his mouth to speak. [b]"One more thing."[/b] Odyssey said hurriedly, before the coatl could bid him farewell. [b]"How do you know if I'm truly my father's son on not?"[/b] Helios grinned at him. [b]"You two have the exact same birthmark."[/b] He explained, reaching out and lightly tapping Odyssey's cheekbone. [b]"A pale white scar that goes from your ear to your throat. It's quite unique, just like your colors."[/b] He added with a charming grin. Odyssey laughed lightly. [b]"Okay. Thanks again!"[/b] He said as he backed away. Helios dipped his head after him. [b]"If you ever want to hear more about your father, I'll be in this village for quite a while!"[/b] He called after him. Odyssey managed a small smile. [b]"I'll be sure to visit you."[/b] He promised solemnly. [b]"I can never thank you enough for what you've given me."[/b] Helios raised his talons in farewell. Odyssey mirrored the movement, turning around and diving into the crowd. The wildclaw grinned to himself as he fought through the bustling dragons, protectively clutching the hilt of the sword to his side. He couldn't wait to see the expressions on Hester and Aiden's face when they saw he inherited an epic ice-wielding sword. Now [i]that[/i] would be something to live for.[/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage @RiaFire11[/size] After re-reading this I finally realized what I turned Odyssey into. [img]https://image.ibb.co/jUsRHJ/Screen_Shot_2018_06_30_at_12_39_54_PM.png[/img] [i][size=3]Dun[/size] [size=4]Dun[/size] [size=5]DUUUUUN!!!!![/size] [/i] Edit: Also yaaaaay he has a sword now :D [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40623367] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/406234/40623367_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]

(I know it's the last day of the Brightshine Jubilee, but I still had to get an update out about it :3)
LIo8D8G.gif
Light Edition!

Day 119:
Odyssey felt as if the tunnel would go on forever, his talons rubbed raw and his wings pinned permanently to his back. But then the stone and darkness surrounding him gave way to beautiful light and wonderful fresh air, the wind tickling his scales and making him feel like he'd been held prisoner his entire life. He unfolded his cramped wings, a thrill running through him as a breeze rushed by, taunting him into the air.

"Finally." Aiden grumped in front of him, the trademark scowl on the mirror's face. "I thought that tunnel would never end." Hester, who was sitting a few steps away, frowned at him. "At least it got us out of the forest." She reminded him sharply. "There's a town up ahead. Maybe we can get something to eat there."

Aiden rolled his eyes. "Can't we catch something instead?" He asked, waving at the thick greenery surrounding them. "We are dragons after all." He added pointedly. Hester shrugged. "Probably, but it smells really good." She told them. "Like, really really good. We can't hunt something like that in the forest."

Aiden glanced at her skeptically, sniffing the air. Odyssey did the same, an amazing scent filled with warmth and sugar and comfort filling his nose. His stomach growled in protest, not having noticed how hungry it was until his appetite was awakened by the delicious smell. "Then let's go!" Odyssey blurted, before either of the mirrors could continue arguing. "It smells really good, and I'm starving."

Hester shrugged and turned around, blatantly ignoring the miffed look on Aiden's face. "It's this way." She told them, setting off through the sparse trees. Odyssey hurried after her, glad he could finally move by running instead of slowly inching along a cavern floor. Aiden stomped after them, still looking rather unpleasant.

The trio quickly came across a quaint little village, remarkably smaller than Rivermouth, but still quite large and well-lived in. They came in sight of a large cobblestone circle surrounded by numerous stalls, the whole thing decked out in glittering yellow fabric and miniature porcelain suns that shone with magic, illuminating the whole plaza in a blaze of golden glory.

Odyssey could feel his eyes growing wide as he took in all the flashy decorations, bustling dragons, and joyful cheers, the aura of the party sinking into his bones. Aiden's mouth hung open slightly as he stared at the festivities, as if he'd never celebrated anything in his life. Hester was staring at it all with a slightly greedy look in her eye, the corner of her mouth quirked up in a scheming grin that worried Odyssey a bit.

"Why. . . why do you look like that?" He asked her nervously. Hester tilted her head at him, which just made him more fidgety. "Which stall do you like the most?" She asked, avoiding the question. Odyssey blinked slowly at her, no words leaving his mouth. Hester rolled her eyes. "Which stall do you like the most?" She repeat firmly.

"The one with food." Aiden automatically replied, his eyes glued to a stall stocked with foods and filled with smells Odyssey had never even dreamt of before. Hester grinned at it. "Got it." She mused, flicking her tail. "I'll be right back."

She slunk away, her flashy metallic scales somehow melting easily into the shadows. Odyssey and Aiden crouched behind some dense shrubbery together, fiercely trying to ignore the awkward silence. Odyssey busied himself with thought. Where was Hester going? She didn't have any money. What if she didn't come back and they would just wait in this bush for all eternity? He found himself staring at the spot where the dragonet had disappeared, subconsciously holding his breath.

Hester reappeared a few moments later, a triumphant grin on her face and a paper rectangle clutched in her claws. "What is that supposed to be?" Aiden sneered, wrinkling his nose as Hester bounded up to them. "I dunno." She replied, turning it over in her claws. "It was a bit overwhelming with all the smells and glitter."

"Is it at least edible?" Aiden wondered, sliding up to her and sniffing it curiously. "The paper doesn't look very good." Hester scowled at him. "Feel free to steal something for yourself, if you don't want this." She growled, pulling it away from him.

"Wait, you stole that?" Odyssey asked. Hester gave him a funny look. "Duh." She said, rolling her eyes. "How else did you think we were going to get anything? By asking politely?" Odyssey guiltily shuffled his feet. He had indeed assumed they had some form of currency to spend on food, but it was a stupid idea, now that he thought about it some more.

"Whatever. Just tear off the paper already." Aiden muttered. Hester wrinkled her snout at him but obeyed and sank her claws into the flimsy paper, easily tearing it apart. When the wrapper fell away it revealed a shiny brown bar, sectioned into little squares. It smelled heavenly, and was so smooth the sun practically glistened off of it's shiny brown surface.

Hester was beaming at it, even though she had no idea what it could possibly be. Aiden was blankly staring, slowly reaching out to take whatever it was into his own talons. Hester swatted them away and Aiden flinched back with a wince, ducking his head. "What is it?" Odyssey wondered, trying really hard not to start drooling every time he inhaled.

"I think it's chocolate." Aiden mused, tilting his head at it. "My mom gave me some back when we lived in the Ashfall Waste." Hester inspected the chocolate cautiously, but it was clear she was just as tantalized by the smell as the other two dragons were. "It smells good." She mused. "How do you eat it?"

"You break it into pieces." Aiden explained, reaching out and snapping a few of the squares off. "And then you just. . . put it in your mouth and stuff." He added, tossing a piece to Odyssey. The wildclaw caught it deftly out of the air, the chocolate smooth and delicate in his talons.

Aiden stuffed his entire portion of chocolate into his mouth at once, chewing contentedly with a sort of dreamy look on his face. Hester bit into hers with more caution, giving the chocolate piercing looks even as she ate it. Odyssey simply popped his piece into his mouth, the rich chocolate melting over his tongue and easily giving way to a soft, creamy inside between his teeth.

"Ish sho good." Aiden mumbled through the chocolate cementing his jaws together. Odyssey swallowed, the chocolate smoothly sliding down his throat. "Very." He agreed, feeling jittery with the sugar. "But not very filling."

Hester crumpled up the remaining paper and tossed it into the crowd of bustling, celebrating dragons, no one giving a second glance at a drifting piece of paper. "Unfortunately." She added. "But we can always go back. The stall was selling meat too. Really good roasted meat on sticks with seasoning and stuff."

"Then why didn't you grab some of that?" Aiden wondered, picking chocolate out form between his teeth. Hester scowled at him. "If you want to be picky about your food, get some yourself." She snarled. "How about we all go there together now and choose our own food?"

Odyssey gulped nervously, but Aiden leaped upon the opportunity like it was a plump, juicy squirrel. "Great idea!" He enthused. "Something exciting after that long boring cave tunnel." Hester groaned, rolling her eyes yet again. "Will you shut up about the cave tunnel?" She snapped. Aiden snorted, leaping to his feet. "Fine." He said absentmindedly. "Now get your tails moving before there's no meat to steal anymore."

Hester growled threateningly as she stomped after him, followed shyly by Odyssey who kept anxiously fidgeting with his claws. What if they got caught? They'd probably never find their friends then. Unless it got them a lot of publicity, which would probably make it easier. But still, getting thrown in jail didn't seem very much fun either.

He felt Hester grab his tail and jank him towards the desnley clustered trees where she and Aiden were hiding, both giving him dirty looks. Odyssey had been sauntering straight for the center of the plaza, nearly revealing himself to everyone. "Focus." Hester snarled, flexing her claws. "Or no meat for you."

Odyssey huffed in annoyance and sat back on his haunches. "You guys go first." He muttered. "I can wait." Aiden shrugged and prowled off towards the stall with all the food, which was surprisingly large for a temporary shop.

It was a large semicircle covered in a swathe of familiar golden fabric, shimmering in the sunlight. On top of it sat mounds and heaps of all types of food, chocolate bars, meat kacobs, insect salads, little bread things filled with something called 'bacon', and even some glistening pastry things a little sign claimed was called cake.

Odyssey stared absently at the shopkeeper, wondering what it must have been like to be him. To be fully grown and having travelled far from your homeland, celebrating a party that honored the element you were born into. He looked quite happy and very proud of his goods. Maybe that was something to live for; to be fully content with your life in a way you chose.

"Hello there, young sir!" Another voice nearby piper up, cheerful and musical. "Would you like to show some interest in some of my wares?" Odyssey nearly jumped out of his scales, spinning around to face the dragon who had spoken to him.

He was a tall, kind-looking coatl, his scales deep hues of purple accented by pale yellows, which perfectly matched his eyes. He wore a tight golden shirt and a fitting sash, along with several other accessories adorning his wings. The coatl grinned at him, flashing several rows of stark-white teeth.

41775680_350.png

"Uh. . . uhm, maybe?" Odyssey squeaked nervously, shivering so hard his teeth were rattling. Aiden and hester were probably still too busy with the food stand to try and rescue him. Not that they would rescue him, but knowing he was entirely alone didn't comfort him either.

The coatl chuckled musically, urging Odyssey closer to his shop, which was far less flashy than most of the others. "Now now, don't be shy!" The coatl urged, waving his talons at a large dark mahogany table that sat just behind him, with neat arrays of all kinds of fancy, practical, and even magical things set up on top of it.

Odyssey's eyes travelled to it, intrigued by some of the peculiar items. Then he snapped his head back, guiltily staring at the ground. "I don't have any money." He admitted, not meeting the shopkeeper's eyes. Instead of making a face and shooing him away, the coatl chuckled again.

"Just here for the pretty lights, huh?" He wondered, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "Come on, I insist. You must find something you like here." Odyssey awkwardly shuffled up to the table, eyeing the wide range of special items and fancy toys.

He was fascinated by how the porcelain suns seemed to glow from the inside, or how a miniature marble bust of a long-eared deity seemed to look like it was moving with every passing breeze. There was even a book with the light insignia seared into the cover, glowing with pure golden light.

The treasures were indeed captivating, but Odyssey could never even dream of buying any. "Where do you get these?" He wondered breathlessly, staring at a necklace that seemed to be made of molten gold. The coatl grinned again, proudly ruffling his wings.

"I've been a merchant for a while." He explained. "When you've travelled to as many places as me, you find ways to get such fascinating treasures quite easily. You wouldn't believe what some plague dragons would trade for a barrel of fresh water." He added mischievously with a wink.

Odyssey tried smiling back, but something he had said starting niggling at the back of his brain. "Have. . . have you gone to the Southern Icefield?" He asked in a small voice, lifting his head to meet the coatl's eyes. The merchant's mouth quirked up in a small smile, quite different from his usual charming grin.

"Yes, actually." He admitted, turning towards his stall. "And I found this there." The coatl's deep purple claws reached beneath the dark wood of his table and pulled out a long, flat thing wrapped in some old, yellowing cloth. Odyssey stared at it, confused, and the coatl chuckled at his expression.

"I wasn't showing it off for the sake of the celebration." He explained, gently setting it down. "It wouldn't be right trying to sell a sword of ice during the festival of light." Odyssey nearly had to double take. "A sword?" He hissed, eyeing the cloth skeptically.

The merchant nodded, slowly unraveling the cloth until it fell away, revealing a gleaming blade that shone like ice. Odyssey could immediately feel a slight chill in the air, a shiver running up his spine at the prospect of the amount of power such a weapon could hold.

"It's. . . wow." He breathed. The blade itself looked as if it could be made of pure ice, catching the light as easily as a glacier would. The hilt was some sort of fusion between wood and metal, with expertly crafted wings fanning out in a symbol of glory. It was so beautiful Odyssey almost flinched when the coatl merchant began folding it back into it's yellowed cloth, hiding the powerful weapon within.

"Take it." The merchant insisted softly, pushing the cloths into Odyssey's talons. "I insist." It took Odyssey a few moment to properly register the coatl's words, staring at the leather-wrapped sword in his talons. Then he shook his head furiously and shoved it back into the coatl's arms.

"I can't take that!" Odyssey cried. "It's special and powerful and probably magic! Why would you trust me with something like that? I don't even know your name!" The coatl sighed, but there was still something about the way he looked at odyssey to suggest that he was rather amused. "My name is Helios, if that was bothering you." He told the wildclaw with a small grin. "And you're actually supposed to have it, considering it used to be your father's."

Odyssey's blood suddenly turned to ice and he froze, breath catching in his throat. "You. . . you knew my father?" He wondered, his voice small. Helios smiled sympathetically at him. "You never met him, did you?" He asked quietly. "Died before you were out of your egg."

Now Odyssey felt like he'd just sink into the ground and stay there for the rest of eternity. "My father's dead?" He croaked. Helios sighed sadly, worry lines creasing his forehead. "He died in a battle a few days after you were laid." He admitted, his voice soft. Odyssey felt dizzy, all the other sounds and sights in the plaza fading away.

"He was a powerful warrior, and people were afraid of him for it" Helios continued. "When a certain group of dragons heard he was going to have offspring, they hunted him down." He shook his head lightly. "They were able to smash the other egg before your mother somehow got you to safety. I never knew her, but she was a very brave dragon to die for you like that."

Odyssey felt sick to his stomach. Not only his father, but his mother was dead too. And his sibling, who he had never even knew he had. All of them were dead, and he had never stopped to think about where they might be or what they might have been doing. Helios could easily read the expression on his face, frowning sympathetically.

"Take it." The coatl insisted softly. "You father would have wanted you to have it." Odyssey reluctantly took the hidden sword, feeling his talons clench on the soft fabric. This time he didn't want to shove the sword away, insisting he shouldn't have it. He should have it. It was his father's, and how it was his.

It was the only way he could think of to respect the memory of his parents, even though he'd never even learned their names. The sword connected him to them, and he never wanted to let it out of his sight again. It was also a pretty radical thing to inherit from your dead parents, to be honest. Who else got a magical sword from their deceased father?

"Oh, and take this." Helios added, tossing a complicated leather sheath towards him. "It'll help you carry it." Odyssey peered at it curiously, casting aside the cloth. He slid the sword of ice into the snug leather satchel. It fit like a glove, easily disguising the mystical ice weapon as a common broadsword, expect with the extravagant hilt poking out on top.

Odyssey strapped it around his waist, the sword feeling light and comfortable as it rested against his side. Helios smiled at him, opening his mouth to speak. "One more thing." Odyssey said hurriedly, before the coatl could bid him farewell. "How do you know if I'm truly my father's son on not?"

Helios grinned at him. "You two have the exact same birthmark." He explained, reaching out and lightly tapping Odyssey's cheekbone. "A pale white scar that goes from your ear to your throat. It's quite unique, just like your colors." He added with a charming grin. Odyssey laughed lightly. "Okay. Thanks again!" He said as he backed away.

Helios dipped his head after him. "If you ever want to hear more about your father, I'll be in this village for quite a while!" He called after him. Odyssey managed a small smile. "I'll be sure to visit you." He promised solemnly. "I can never thank you enough for what you've given me."

Helios raised his talons in farewell. Odyssey mirrored the movement, turning around and diving into the crowd. The wildclaw grinned to himself as he fought through the bustling dragons, protectively clutching the hilt of the sword to his side. He couldn't wait to see the expressions on Hester and Aiden's face when they saw he inherited an epic ice-wielding sword. Now that would be something to live for.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage @RiaFire11
After re-reading this I finally realized what I turned Odyssey into.
Screen_Shot_2018_06_30_at_12_39_54_PM.png

Dun Dun DUUUUUN!!!!!

Edit: Also yaaaaay he has a sword now :D
...oh
That was surprisingly sad
...oh
That was surprisingly sad
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
Yep.

Feel my pain. of not being able to write tragic backstories
Yep.

Feel my pain. of not being able to write tragic backstories
*gently pats* it’ll be ok i think
*gently pats* it’ll be ok i think
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
woahhhhhhh
cool!
woahhhhhhh
cool!
2019-08-22.png
@Aetherstorm I feel sorry for you and I finally finished the book it sort of kept me calm on my trip to Canada (reason:fighting with family member and still didn't even leave the state for more than an hour so wild goose chase)
@Aetherstorm I feel sorry for you and I finally finished the book it sort of kept me calm on my trip to Canada (reason:fighting with family member and still didn't even leave the state for more than an hour so wild goose chase)
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)
1 2 ... 174 175 176 177 178 ... 247 248