Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 163 164 165 166 167 ... 247 248
@WOF2012
I am taking care of a cat!
@WOF2012
I am taking care of a cat!
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
@ObsidianMage

DAT CAT IS PWETTY! :D GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME oh wait my grandma is allergic to cats...or she just hates them... darn
@ObsidianMage

DAT CAT IS PWETTY! :D GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME oh wait my grandma is allergic to cats...or she just hates them... darn
[center][item=speckled petunia] (Moving is so hard!!! WHY U DO THIS TO ME MATHER -_-) [b]Day 112:[/b] Odyssey surged back to life, an unfamiliar canopy swimming before his eyes. He coughed wildly, his throat parched and dry, as if he hadn't had water in several days. [b]"About time you woke up."[/b] A faintly familiar voice snarled behind him. Odyssey turned to find Aiden hunched in the shadow of a large pine tree, his orange eyes narrowed into slits. The wildclaw slowly got to his feet, shaking his head. [b]"How long was I out?"[/b] He wondered, wincing as he lightly touched the aching throb in his temple. [b]"Dunno. A while."[/b] Aiden muttered. [b]"We needed to drag you about a mile before we thought we were safe from all these talonok."[/b] Odyssey grabbed his head, dizzy from all the blood rushing back into it. [b]"Wait. . . we?"[/b] He asked, glancing around. Aiden snorted. [b]"Yeah, that other shy little mirror person."[/b] He said, waving a claw at someone on the other side of Odyssey. [b]"She helped."[/b] Odyssey turned to find Hester seated just behind him, her pale eyes glazed over as she stared listlessly into her talons, fingering with a small item he wasn't close enough to see. [b]"Oh."[/b] The wildclaw started, nimbly flexing his claws. [b]"Thanks."[/b] He muttered. Aiden laughed bitterly, stalking out of the shadows. [b]"A proper way to thank me would be telling me your [i]name[/i]."[/b] He spat, haughtily sitting down beside Odyssey. The wildclaw felt his face redden in embarrassment. [b]"I. . . I never told you."[/b] He said miserably, more of a statement than a question. [b]"Yep."[/b] Aiden replied simply. [b]"At least Hester could tell me her name. And she's, like, three."[/b] [b]"Four."[/b] Hester hissed quietly, narrowing her eyes at him. Aiden ignored this, instead piercing Odyssey with his orange eyes. [b]"My name's Odyssey."[/b] The wildclaw explained, shuddering a little bit under his fierce glare. [b]"Happy now?"[/b] [b]"Happi[i]er[/i]."[/b] Aiden muttered, honestly not looking any more cheerful then he had three minutes ago. [b]"We're probably still getting chased by talonok. Or that crazy wildclaw."[/b] Odyssey flinched at the word 'talonok'. [b]"What?"[/b] He blurted, his voice a bit higher than he'd like. Aiden narrowed his eyes at him. [i]Again[/i]. [b]"Do you remember [i]anything[/i]?"[/b] Aiden growled. Odyssey tried to ignore his fierce glare, which was sort of hard. [b]"Yeah, I do now."[/b] He said weakly. [b]"There was the wildclaw that tried to kill you. And then all the talonok came, and. . ."[/b] Odyssey reached up and grazed his head wound again, wincing as a bolt of white-hot pain shot through him. [b]"Yep, pretty much."[/b] AIden mused.[b] "We should keep moving, though, in case any of them followed us."[/b] Odyssey glanced around skeptically, noticing how densley the trees around them were clustered together. [b]"But not even a fae could be small enough to fly through here."[/b] He explained, placing his talons on a tall oak towering over his head. [b]"Do you have rocks for brains?"[/b] Aiden muttered, lashing his tail irritably. [b]"Some talonok are land-dwellers too. I think they're called Corven."[/b] He added. Odyssey eyed Aiden bitterly, who resorted to his usual glare. [b]"Why are you so grumpy all the time?"[/b] Odyssey asked, folding his arms over his chest. Aiden flinched. [b]"Why do you want to know?"[/b] He snapped, his wings springing up defensively. It was Odyssey's turn to roll his eyes. [b]"You randomly show up in the forest with a murderous wildclaw on your tail, transparent skin that shows your bones, and really awesome fire powers."[/b] He explained, ticking each fact off his claws. [b]"It wouldn't hurt to learn something about you!"[/b] Aiden grimaced. [b]"It wouldn't hurt to know much about [i]you[/i] either."[/b] He spat. [b]"But it took more than a day to get your name! I'll only tell you about me once I learn more about you."[/b] He added with a sour expression. Odyssey felt himself redden, heat slowly creeping up his neck. [b]"I'm not interesting."[/b] He promised, awkwardly shuffling his feet. Aiden snorted doubtfully. [b]"Then you're not finding anything out about me."[/b] He snapped simply, lashing his tail. Odyssey frowned, but he knew it wouldn't do any good arguing with that logic. Suddenly Hester's head flew up, the young mirror suddenly awake and hugely startled. [b]"Leave."[/b] She hissed, backing away. [b]"We need to leave!"[/b] [b]"Wha-"[/b] Odyssey began, cut off as Aiden spun around, his teeth bared. [b]"She's right."[/b] He growled, low and menacing. [b]"We need to leave [i]right now[/i]."[/b] He turned to leap away but suddenly a familiar shape leaped out of the trees, pinning his tail to the ground and encircling their claws around his neck in a flash. Odyssey attempted to leap away, but clumsily staggered over his own tail and found himself staring into the eerily glowing eyes of the blade-wiedling wildclaw. [b]~*~[/b] Aurora shivered with happiness as the warmth of a fire touched her wingtips. Lucian squeaked happily in her arms, squirming desperately to get out of his mother's grasp. She gently let him down on the ground, just as another snapper, about Thatcher's age this time, waddled into sight. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=304051&tab=dragon&did=42395258][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=1&breed=9&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=118&tertgene=7&winggene=3&wings=118&auth=d3fe6295cefc3f3f1f2b7c1b4cf152578e38d251&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] [b]"Mommy!"[/b] He cried joyfully, running into Jenna's arms. [b]"Did ya find Thatcher? He wanted to go exploring!"[/b] Jenna tightly hugged the younger snapper, shooting Thatcher a sideways look. [b]"Yes, I found him."[/b] She said, pulling away. [b]"But you should never let him go outside alone, okay?"[/b] The small snapper's face fell. [b]"Oh, okay."[/b] He murmured guiltily, casting a fugitive gaze at Thatcher, which everyone noticed. The pearlcatcher rolled his eyes, ignoring his brother and turning his attention to the flickering fire that glowed brightly from the hearth carved into the wall. Then Coby's eyes caught of Aurora and Luce and his face instantly lit up. [b]"[i]OOOOOOOH[/i]! Who're they?"[/b] He crooned excitedly, bounding up to the two coatls. Luce leapt up in fright at the sight of a hatchling twice his size stampeding up to him, then seemed overwhelmed by curiosity as to what it was. He hadn't seen anyone but Aurora since he hatched, so new dragons were sure to peak his interest. [b]"Don't [i]scare[/i] them, honey."[/b] Jenna said despite the laughter in her eyes. [b]"They're our guests. Would you like to introduce yourselves?"[/b] She added kindly, turning her attention to Aurora. She opened her mouth to reply, requiring a few extra seconds to shift out of the casual humming she'd been using with Luce the past couple days. [b]"I'm Aurora."[/b] She said, staggering a bit with her words. [b]"A-and this is my son, Lucian."[/b] Jenna beamed at the young hatchling, who stared, bewildered, into her friendly lavender face. [b]"He's a cutie."[/b] Jenna cooed. [b]"Are you dears hungry? You looked rather spooked outside."[/b] Aurora managed to smile at her, politely shaking her head. [b]"No thank you. We ate earlier."[/b] Her eyes travelled to the basket slung over Jenna's shoulder, stuffed full of fat berries and lush green plants. [b]"Besides, it doesn't seem as if you have anything suitable for our. . . uhm, tastes."[/b] She added squeamishly. Jenna stared at her basket for a few moments, then cracked a grin. [b]"Right! I understand."[/b] She assured her. [b]"We just prefer plants here so that no one gets left out. Thatcher isn't one for fish."[/b] She added with a sympathetic glance at her son. [b]"That's because it's disgusting!"[/b] He snapped, eyes still trained on the fire. [b]"Sorry about him."[/b] Jenna murmured apologetically. [b]"He's a bit. . . anti-social. Especially after moving here."[/b] Aurora glanced at Thatcher, who indeed looked rather sullen and stressed out for a dragonet his age, with deep purple crescents beneath his eyes. Jenna strutted over to a table surrounded by four plush pillows, comfortably settling herself down on one. Coby eagerly followed her, plopping himself down beside his mother as she began pilling mounds of berries and dandelions and odd-looking mushrooms onto the quaint wooden structure. Coby grabbed a bushel of clear blue seaberries, stuffing them into his mouth eagerly enough to stain his lips blue. [b]"So you're from the Sunbeam Ruins?"[/b] Aurora guessed, slowly taking a seat beside the two of them. Luce clung close to her side, but sniffed the plants on the table curiously, as if contemplating if they were edible. [b]"Yes."[/b] Jenna admitted. Something in her usually upbeat gaze seemed to fall away, revealing a wounded sadness deep beneath. [b]"We decided to come here after the ruins became too dangerous."[/b] Jenna continued, dejectedly setting down the clover she had been in the process of lifting into her mouth. [b]"After Javier was killed by that emperor, I knew we couldn't stay there any longer."[/b] Aurora tilted her head thoughtfully, suddenly feeling like she had far more in common with this snapper then she thought. [b]"Was Javier. . . your mate?"[/b] She asked hesitantly. Jenna nodded sadly. [b]"We couldn't stay there any longer without him. The boys miss him terribly, but I think Coby's doing fine."[/b] She lowered her voice into a hushed whisper. [b]"Thatcher didn't take it exceptionally well. Between losing his father and moving here, he must be going through a lot. I want to help him, but. . ."[/b] She trailed off, slowly shaking her head. Over by the fire, Thatcher had his talons clenched, staring listlessly into the vibrant orange flames as a single tear trickled down his cheek. Aurora also noticed how skinny he was, his ribcage nearly visible through his grimy, dirt-streaked scales. [b]"But whatever happened to [i]your[/i] mate, dear?"[/b] Jenna asked in an obvious attempt to continue the conversation. [b]"You don't find a lone dragoness with her hatchling in the woods very often. Let alone anyone else."[/b] She added with a chuckle. Aurora instinctively felt her wings drooping sadly, a sob trying to claw it's way up her throat. [b]"He met the same fate as yours."[/b] She admitted, her voice wavering dangerously. [b]"Died before the nest even hatched."[/b] Jenna looked taken aback for a few moments, staring at Luce. [b]"So he never knew his father?"[/b] She asked, astounded. Aurora shook her head. [b]"Never."[/b] She agreed weakly, hugging her hatchling close to her chest. [font=cursive]"Father?"[/font] Luce echoed, staring up at his mother with his beautiful green eyes. Aurora nodded minimally, lightly touching Lucian's shoulders. [font=cursive]"A father."[/font] She agreed quietly. [font=cursive]"You had one. He was wonderful."[/font] Luce wrinkled his nose skeptically, as if he doubted these 'fathers' existed. [font=cursive]"Mommy!"[/font] He squeaked instead, happily snuggling up against Aurora's side. She felt another pang of loneliness. Zaffer wasn't raising Luce with her as he should have been. Instead, he was gone, unaware of his precious son. He was never going to know Lucian's name or hear his precious laugh. Jenna must have seen a sincerely crestfallen look on Aurora's face, because she reached out, as if wanting to comfort the coatl. The snapper quickly thought better of it and retracted her arm. [b]"One egg in the nest?"[/b] She wondered quietly. Aurora hesitated. [b]"No."[/b] She admitted after a few seconds of awkward silence. [b]"Four. Three of them dead."[/b] Jenna's eyes grew wide, glistening with unshed tears. [b]"I'm so sorry."[/b] She whispered, her own voice choked with tears. [b]"I thought I was going through a lot, but that. . . that must have felt awful."[/b] Aurora nodded, hurriedly wiping away tears that slid over her scales. [b]"It was."[/b] She agreed hoarsely, her grip tightening on Luce until he started squirming. Aurora absently loosened the tightness of her embrace, fighting the tears out of her eyes. Luce tumbled happily from her arms, oblivious to the grim conversation the grown dragonesses were having. Coby seemed pretty ignorant too, or just had learned to pretend to ignore the conversation whenever the topic of his father came up. [b]"What [i]are[/i] you?"[/b] He asked Aurora and Luce, sounding rather impressed as the waddled around to table to inspect them closely. [b]"I saw one like you once, but he was grumpy and totally [i]mean[/i]. Like Thatcher!"[/b] He added brightly, grinning at his brother as if being mean was a favorable trait. [b]"They're coatls, Coby."[/b] Jenna explained, smiling weakly. [b]"And these two are really nice."[/b] She added, lifting a hopeful gaze to Aurora, who managed to shyly smile back. Coby giggled excitedly. [b]"Cool!"[/b] He crooned, leaning closer to inspect their wings. [b]"I've never seen feathers like this before!"[/b] Luce warbled curiously, reaching out to poke Coby's nose. The young snapper chuckled and happily waved his tail like an enthusiastic dog. He eagerly scampered closer, but Luce's tail happened to be position beneath his foot, which was promptly stomped on by Coby as he eagerly bounded forward. Luce cried out in pain and all the windows shattered, a gale wind tearing through the cabin, filling their ears with howling wind and practically throwing them across the room. It died a second later, everyone frozen with shock. All except Luce, who didn't seem to notice. Instead, he worriedly nursed his wounded tail while making pitiful cooing sounds at it. Thatcher's eyes were wide, his mane tousled and windblown. Coby was standing very still, blinking rapidly, as if trying to recall what had happened. Jenna was staring intently at Lucian, her soft face suddenly blank of all expression. Luce was now trying to get Aurora's attention, tugging insistently at his mother's wings. The coatl glanced down at her son, who held his tail out to her, which had a slightly red bruise on it. [font=cursive]"Owie."[/font] He mewled sadly, pouting on the direction of Aurora's face. Aurora forced a smile as she picked Luce up in her arms, gazing into his large, beautiful eyes. Luce giggled happily in her grasp, his pain forgotten as he tried to wrap his arms around her neck. Aurora shivered as his frigid scales met hers, the little dragonet bounding cheerfully in her arms, very much alive. She lightly touched his wings, which were as cold as the rest of his bloodless body. [font=cursive]"What are you?"[/font] She wondered quietly, gazing into the mysterious pale depths of his eyes. Luce blinked back at her, burbling cheerfully and completely oblivious to the intensely powerful magic he had just summoned. Magic that bore a strong resemblance to Zaffer's own. Magic that he had died for.[/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage @MayasDragons @FlawstheAnimal[/size] Moving is really hard, and we only managed to get the internet up today ^^' I'm really sorry for missing the update yesterday, so you got an extra-long one today :D

(Moving is so hard!!! WHY U DO THIS TO ME MATHER -_-)

Day 112:
Odyssey surged back to life, an unfamiliar canopy swimming before his eyes. He coughed wildly, his throat parched and dry, as if he hadn't had water in several days.

"About time you woke up." A faintly familiar voice snarled behind him. Odyssey turned to find Aiden hunched in the shadow of a large pine tree, his orange eyes narrowed into slits. The wildclaw slowly got to his feet, shaking his head. "How long was I out?" He wondered, wincing as he lightly touched the aching throb in his temple.

"Dunno. A while." Aiden muttered. "We needed to drag you about a mile before we thought we were safe from all these talonok." Odyssey grabbed his head, dizzy from all the blood rushing back into it. "Wait. . . we?" He asked, glancing around.

Aiden snorted. "Yeah, that other shy little mirror person." He said, waving a claw at someone on the other side of Odyssey. "She helped." Odyssey turned to find Hester seated just behind him, her pale eyes glazed over as she stared listlessly into her talons, fingering with a small item he wasn't close enough to see.

"Oh." The wildclaw started, nimbly flexing his claws. "Thanks." He muttered. Aiden laughed bitterly, stalking out of the shadows. "A proper way to thank me would be telling me your name." He spat, haughtily sitting down beside Odyssey.

The wildclaw felt his face redden in embarrassment. "I. . . I never told you." He said miserably, more of a statement than a question. "Yep." Aiden replied simply. "At least Hester could tell me her name. And she's, like, three."

"Four." Hester hissed quietly, narrowing her eyes at him. Aiden ignored this, instead piercing Odyssey with his orange eyes. "My name's Odyssey." The wildclaw explained, shuddering a little bit under his fierce glare. "Happy now?"

"Happier." Aiden muttered, honestly not looking any more cheerful then he had three minutes ago. "We're probably still getting chased by talonok. Or that crazy wildclaw." Odyssey flinched at the word 'talonok'. "What?" He blurted, his voice a bit higher than he'd like. Aiden narrowed his eyes at him. Again.

"Do you remember anything?" Aiden growled. Odyssey tried to ignore his fierce glare, which was sort of hard. "Yeah, I do now." He said weakly. "There was the wildclaw that tried to kill you. And then all the talonok came, and. . ." Odyssey reached up and grazed his head wound again, wincing as a bolt of white-hot pain shot through him.

"Yep, pretty much." AIden mused. "We should keep moving, though, in case any of them followed us." Odyssey glanced around skeptically, noticing how densley the trees around them were clustered together. "But not even a fae could be small enough to fly through here." He explained, placing his talons on a tall oak towering over his head.

"Do you have rocks for brains?" Aiden muttered, lashing his tail irritably. "Some talonok are land-dwellers too. I think they're called Corven." He added. Odyssey eyed Aiden bitterly, who resorted to his usual glare. "Why are you so grumpy all the time?" Odyssey asked, folding his arms over his chest.

Aiden flinched. "Why do you want to know?" He snapped, his wings springing up defensively. It was Odyssey's turn to roll his eyes. "You randomly show up in the forest with a murderous wildclaw on your tail, transparent skin that shows your bones, and really awesome fire powers." He explained, ticking each fact off his claws. "It wouldn't hurt to learn something about you!"

Aiden grimaced. "It wouldn't hurt to know much about you either." He spat. "But it took more than a day to get your name! I'll only tell you about me once I learn more about you." He added with a sour expression. Odyssey felt himself redden, heat slowly creeping up his neck. "I'm not interesting." He promised, awkwardly shuffling his feet. Aiden snorted doubtfully.

"Then you're not finding anything out about me." He snapped simply, lashing his tail. Odyssey frowned, but he knew it wouldn't do any good arguing with that logic. Suddenly Hester's head flew up, the young mirror suddenly awake and hugely startled. "Leave." She hissed, backing away. "We need to leave!"

"Wha-" Odyssey began, cut off as Aiden spun around, his teeth bared. "She's right." He growled, low and menacing. "We need to leave right now." He turned to leap away but suddenly a familiar shape leaped out of the trees, pinning his tail to the ground and encircling their claws around his neck in a flash.

Odyssey attempted to leap away, but clumsily staggered over his own tail and found himself staring into the eerily glowing eyes of the blade-wiedling wildclaw.

~*~

Aurora shivered with happiness as the warmth of a fire touched her wingtips. Lucian squeaked happily in her arms, squirming desperately to get out of his mother's grasp. She gently let him down on the ground, just as another snapper, about Thatcher's age this time, waddled into sight.
dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=1&breed=9&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=118&tertgene=7&winggene=3&wings=118&auth=d3fe6295cefc3f3f1f2b7c1b4cf152578e38d251&dummyext=prev.png
"Mommy!" He cried joyfully, running into Jenna's arms. "Did ya find Thatcher? He wanted to go exploring!" Jenna tightly hugged the younger snapper, shooting Thatcher a sideways look. "Yes, I found him." She said, pulling away. "But you should never let him go outside alone, okay?"

The small snapper's face fell. "Oh, okay." He murmured guiltily, casting a fugitive gaze at Thatcher, which everyone noticed. The pearlcatcher rolled his eyes, ignoring his brother and turning his attention to the flickering fire that glowed brightly from the hearth carved into the wall.

Then Coby's eyes caught of Aurora and Luce and his face instantly lit up. "OOOOOOOH! Who're they?" He crooned excitedly, bounding up to the two coatls. Luce leapt up in fright at the sight of a hatchling twice his size stampeding up to him, then seemed overwhelmed by curiosity as to what it was. He hadn't seen anyone but Aurora since he hatched, so new dragons were sure to peak his interest.

"Don't scare them, honey." Jenna said despite the laughter in her eyes. "They're our guests. Would you like to introduce yourselves?" She added kindly, turning her attention to Aurora. She opened her mouth to reply, requiring a few extra seconds to shift out of the casual humming she'd been using with Luce the past couple days.

"I'm Aurora." She said, staggering a bit with her words. "A-and this is my son, Lucian." Jenna beamed at the young hatchling, who stared, bewildered, into her friendly lavender face. "He's a cutie." Jenna cooed. "Are you dears hungry? You looked rather spooked outside."

Aurora managed to smile at her, politely shaking her head. "No thank you. We ate earlier." Her eyes travelled to the basket slung over Jenna's shoulder, stuffed full of fat berries and lush green plants. "Besides, it doesn't seem as if you have anything suitable for our. . . uhm, tastes." She added squeamishly.

Jenna stared at her basket for a few moments, then cracked a grin. "Right! I understand." She assured her. "We just prefer plants here so that no one gets left out. Thatcher isn't one for fish." She added with a sympathetic glance at her son. "That's because it's disgusting!" He snapped, eyes still trained on the fire.

"Sorry about him." Jenna murmured apologetically. "He's a bit. . . anti-social. Especially after moving here." Aurora glanced at Thatcher, who indeed looked rather sullen and stressed out for a dragonet his age, with deep purple crescents beneath his eyes.

Jenna strutted over to a table surrounded by four plush pillows, comfortably settling herself down on one. Coby eagerly followed her, plopping himself down beside his mother as she began pilling mounds of berries and dandelions and odd-looking mushrooms onto the quaint wooden structure. Coby grabbed a bushel of clear blue seaberries, stuffing them into his mouth eagerly enough to stain his lips blue.

"So you're from the Sunbeam Ruins?" Aurora guessed, slowly taking a seat beside the two of them. Luce clung close to her side, but sniffed the plants on the table curiously, as if contemplating if they were edible. "Yes." Jenna admitted. Something in her usually upbeat gaze seemed to fall away, revealing a wounded sadness deep beneath.

"We decided to come here after the ruins became too dangerous." Jenna continued, dejectedly setting down the clover she had been in the process of lifting into her mouth. "After Javier was killed by that emperor, I knew we couldn't stay there any longer." Aurora tilted her head thoughtfully, suddenly feeling like she had far more in common with this snapper then she thought.

"Was Javier. . . your mate?" She asked hesitantly. Jenna nodded sadly. "We couldn't stay there any longer without him. The boys miss him terribly, but I think Coby's doing fine." She lowered her voice into a hushed whisper. "Thatcher didn't take it exceptionally well. Between losing his father and moving here, he must be going through a lot. I want to help him, but. . ." She trailed off, slowly shaking her head.

Over by the fire, Thatcher had his talons clenched, staring listlessly into the vibrant orange flames as a single tear trickled down his cheek. Aurora also noticed how skinny he was, his ribcage nearly visible through his grimy, dirt-streaked scales.

"But whatever happened to your mate, dear?" Jenna asked in an obvious attempt to continue the conversation. "You don't find a lone dragoness with her hatchling in the woods very often. Let alone anyone else." She added with a chuckle. Aurora instinctively felt her wings drooping sadly, a sob trying to claw it's way up her throat.

"He met the same fate as yours." She admitted, her voice wavering dangerously. "Died before the nest even hatched." Jenna looked taken aback for a few moments, staring at Luce. "So he never knew his father?" She asked, astounded. Aurora shook her head. "Never." She agreed weakly, hugging her hatchling close to her chest.

"Father?" Luce echoed, staring up at his mother with his beautiful green eyes. Aurora nodded minimally, lightly touching Lucian's shoulders. "A father." She agreed quietly. "You had one. He was wonderful." Luce wrinkled his nose skeptically, as if he doubted these 'fathers' existed. "Mommy!" He squeaked instead, happily snuggling up against Aurora's side.

She felt another pang of loneliness. Zaffer wasn't raising Luce with her as he should have been. Instead, he was gone, unaware of his precious son. He was never going to know Lucian's name or hear his precious laugh. Jenna must have seen a sincerely crestfallen look on Aurora's face, because she reached out, as if wanting to comfort the coatl.

The snapper quickly thought better of it and retracted her arm. "One egg in the nest?" She wondered quietly. Aurora hesitated. "No." She admitted after a few seconds of awkward silence. "Four. Three of them dead."

Jenna's eyes grew wide, glistening with unshed tears. "I'm so sorry." She whispered, her own voice choked with tears. "I thought I was going through a lot, but that. . . that must have felt awful."

Aurora nodded, hurriedly wiping away tears that slid over her scales. "It was." She agreed hoarsely, her grip tightening on Luce until he started squirming. Aurora absently loosened the tightness of her embrace, fighting the tears out of her eyes. Luce tumbled happily from her arms, oblivious to the grim conversation the grown dragonesses were having.

Coby seemed pretty ignorant too, or just had learned to pretend to ignore the conversation whenever the topic of his father came up. "What are you?" He asked Aurora and Luce, sounding rather impressed as the waddled around to table to inspect them closely. "I saw one like you once, but he was grumpy and totally mean. Like Thatcher!" He added brightly, grinning at his brother as if being mean was a favorable trait.

"They're coatls, Coby." Jenna explained, smiling weakly. "And these two are really nice." She added, lifting a hopeful gaze to Aurora, who managed to shyly smile back. Coby giggled excitedly. "Cool!" He crooned, leaning closer to inspect their wings. "I've never seen feathers like this before!"

Luce warbled curiously, reaching out to poke Coby's nose. The young snapper chuckled and happily waved his tail like an enthusiastic dog. He eagerly scampered closer, but Luce's tail happened to be position beneath his foot, which was promptly stomped on by Coby as he eagerly bounded forward.

Luce cried out in pain and all the windows shattered, a gale wind tearing through the cabin, filling their ears with howling wind and practically throwing them across the room. It died a second later, everyone frozen with shock. All except Luce, who didn't seem to notice. Instead, he worriedly nursed his wounded tail while making pitiful cooing sounds at it.

Thatcher's eyes were wide, his mane tousled and windblown. Coby was standing very still, blinking rapidly, as if trying to recall what had happened. Jenna was staring intently at Lucian, her soft face suddenly blank of all expression. Luce was now trying to get Aurora's attention, tugging insistently at his mother's wings.

The coatl glanced down at her son, who held his tail out to her, which had a slightly red bruise on it. "Owie." He mewled sadly, pouting on the direction of Aurora's face. Aurora forced a smile as she picked Luce up in her arms, gazing into his large, beautiful eyes. Luce giggled happily in her grasp, his pain forgotten as he tried to wrap his arms around her neck. Aurora shivered as his frigid scales met hers, the little dragonet bounding cheerfully in her arms, very much alive.

She lightly touched his wings, which were as cold as the rest of his bloodless body. "What are you?" She wondered quietly, gazing into the mysterious pale depths of his eyes. Luce blinked back at her, burbling cheerfully and completely oblivious to the intensely powerful magic he had just summoned.

Magic that bore a strong resemblance to Zaffer's own.

Magic that he had died for.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage @MayasDragons @FlawstheAnimal
Moving is really hard, and we only managed to get the internet up today ^^'
I'm really sorry for missing the update yesterday, so you got an extra-long one today :D
co[ B ]
co[ B ]
GWsHFyr.png
I like Lucian .
I like Lucian .
iVesxec.png
I remember when I was trying to draw all the dragons from this locke.. oh the days when there were only like 6 lmao
I remember when I was trying to draw all the dragons from this locke.. oh the days when there were only like 6 lmao
Keaea_left_new.png
...........New_Piskel.png
.......................Keaea_right_new.png
...oh

that last sentence
...oh

that last sentence
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
@Faolyn
Ah, I remember those days ^^'
pink's familiars will be the doom of us all

I am certainly not expecting you to draw them all, as much as I love your amazing art XD

@ObsidianMage
*foreboding music*
@Faolyn
Ah, I remember those days ^^'
pink's familiars will be the doom of us all

I am certainly not expecting you to draw them all, as much as I love your amazing art XD

@ObsidianMage
*foreboding music*
Zaffer Reborn Coby and Luce are so cute :3
Zaffer Reborn Coby and Luce are so cute :3
4g40G.gifZxumr.gifsSTfW.gifHqTNh.gifYj47j.gifO9imS.giftSCN1.gif6YZEO.gifr91Qd.gifqO039.gifcL2Xg.gifaPvG7.gif - Click me signaturebannerdigimon11.png
I still have the linearts of a few of them that I never got to finish, I'll send em over to you since I'm not sure they'll ever get done haha...

ugh why do i lose inspiration so fast
I still have the linearts of a few of them that I never got to finish, I'll send em over to you since I'm not sure they'll ever get done haha...

ugh why do i lose inspiration so fast
Keaea_left_new.png
...........New_Piskel.png
.......................Keaea_right_new.png
1 2 ... 163 164 165 166 167 ... 247 248