Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 156 157 158 159 160 ... 247 248
[center][item=azurite] ([i]*dramatically points at nest*[/i] COATL COATL COATL COATL COATL) [b]Day 109:[/b] Deep in the forest, curled up between two trees, Aurora slept with her eggs nestled safely in the curve of her wing. The coatl's chest rose and fell rhythmically, her soft breath gently stirring the grass. She slept soundly, no longer bothered by the deaths that haunted her during waking hours. Aurora murmured in her sleep, shifting slightly. Then one of her eggs quivered, trembling slightly in her grasp. Aurora was instantly awake, her eyes snapping open, exhaustion forgotten. She stared at the eggs, wondering if she could have imagined it. Then the egg shook again, more vigorously this time. Aurora immediately righted herself, gently settling the eggs on the ground. The one that had moved started trembling again, the clattering of little claws coming from inside. Aurora began to panic. [i]I don't know how to raise hatchlings![/i] She realized, the thought slamming into her with the force of a sledgehammer. [i]What am I doing? I don't even know what to do with the eggs! Warm them? Break the shell?[/i] A long, winding crack suddenly split the egg's surface, making Aurora flinch in surprise. She immediately turned to it, all the worried chased from her brain as she watched the hatchling inside fight to get free. With a final ferocious kick, the egg shell split into pieces, revealing a gorgeous imperial hatchling with scales that shimmered like the night sky. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=20&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=68&auth=df8250d2f3236eb6f973d19dd4fa294677fcc10b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Aurora stared at her newborn hatchling, not believing her eyes. This was [i]her[/i] daughter. The very dragon curled up in front of her was her daughter. It made her feel oddly proud, that she now had a child to take care of. A shard of shell still hung from the hatchling's limp mane, still slick with the odd transparent goop. Aurora risked a small smile, reaching forward to gentle pry the shard from the hatchling's pale mane. But something was terribly wrong. A sick, wet rasping sound accompanied every breath the hatchling took, the corners her mouth foaming dangerously. Aurora involuntarily made a whimpering sound in her throat, reaching out to gently touch the hatchling's wings, who had now fell into a fit of spasms and twitches. [font=cursive]"I'm sorry."[/font] Aurora murmured in her native tongue, knowing the hatchling wouldn't understand her even if she spoke Draconic. The young dragon gazed up at her mother, her eyes wide and full of pain. Aurora delicately touched the hatchling's snout. [font=cursive]"I'm sorry, Venus."[/font] Venus, though still spasming and overcome with seizures, seemed to calm, her gentle green eyes softening as she peered up at her mother. With a final shudder, the young imperial fell limply to the ground, her young, round face still stuck in a relaxed smile. Aurora felt a large chasm opening up inside her and blinked furiously, but this time there were no tears to fight away. She was deeply sorrowful for the loss of so many she loved, but Aurora knew Zaffer wouldn't want her to mourn forever. Besides, he and her dead hatchlings were together now, right? Though she would remain regretful of their loss, she knew she had to look forward in life, no matter how hard it was. Subtly proud of her new decision, but still stung by the loss of Venus, Aurora turned to face her last remaining egg, gently nudging the dead hatchling's body out of the way with her nose. The egg was eerily still, even lacking the constant moving that wind-born eggs usually possessed. Aurora leaned forward and clasped her talons around it, searching for any sign of a heartbeat. She wouldn't let [i]all[/i] her eggs die. She didn't know what she'd do to herself if she did. The egg didn't show any sign of being alive, but it didn't feel [i]dead[/i] either. Aurora shivered as she touched it, an unsettling tingling sensation of rushing wind running up her spine. She narrowed her eyes at the egg thoughtfully, awaiting it to show any glimmer of life. Frowning with worry, she gently tapped it, hoping to instill some movement. [i]Any[/i] movement. Biting her lip, Aurora curled closely around the last, delicate capsule, desperately trying to feed warmth into it's empty shape. [b]~*~[/b] He was surrounded by darkness. He didn't know much, except that darkness pressed in on him from all sides and that it was uncomfortably [i]tight[/i]. He wanted to leave. To thrash about and break out of this annoyingly confined space. But it seemed he couldn't. He remained helpless inside this tight swathe of darkness, his limbs refusing to budge. He knew he wasn't supposed to be alive. No heart pumped blood through his body, and no air fed life into his limbs. But he [i]was[/i] alive. He could feel it. Instead of blood, something else rushed through his veins, a glorious tickling feeling that fed power into his supposedly lifeless corpse. He [i]could[/i] get out. He just had to try hard enough. Drawing all of this unknown power to himself, which was far easier than expected, he forced it all out in a burst of uncontrollable, fleeting power. He felt it swirl endlessly around him, over and over and over again, until it exploded and the darkness caging him gave way to wonderful, gloriously fresh air. [b]~*~[/b] Aurora nearly leaped back in fright when the egg she clutched shattered into a million pieces. For a small, heart-stopping moment, she thought she had crushed the egg and killed the hatchling that resided inside. But then a little shape squirmed anxiously in the center of the debris, ruffling it's sodden wings. Aurora inhaled sharply, her heart soaring. This hatchling was the pure embodiment of both her and Zaffer. He was a little coatl, just like Aurora herself, but had pale purple wings that perfectly matched his father's pattern. The hatchling's scales were the same exact shade as his mother's, but shone with the same iridescence as Zaffer's had, and small, sapphire-like gemstones were scattered across his body. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=111&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=136&tertgene=4&winggene=13&wings=119&auth=9d95dc06fad49ff4b8aa2a58348eeef33edf5158&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Aurora glanced at her own jewel-encrusted claws, a long-awaited thought finally coming to her. [i]So it [/i]is[i] genetic.[/i] She realized, glancing back up at her hatchling. She started in suprise, finally catching sight of his eyes. They were large and innocent, a pure pale green that perfectly contrasted his dark scales. Even though the two were very different, the eyes reminded her of Zaffer's, which always used to shine with worry and power. Aurora blinked, focusing back on the present. Her hatchling was now inspecting his dead sister's body, poking her limp shape with his nose and making worried cooing sounds. [font=cursive]"Don't worry, little one."[/font] Aurora soothed him, barely noticing how she was speaking in her native tongue. [font=cursive]"You're alive now. I'll protect you."[/font] Her hatchling turned his head and gazed up at her with his beautiful green eyes, mouth open in a soundless, lonely squeak. Aurora fought down a sad smile and lifted him off the ground, hugging her newborn close to her chest. When their scales met, she flinched so hard she nearly dropped him. His scales were as cold as ice, as frigid as the frozen winter. No warm blood pumped through his body, which lacked the usual faint heartbeat of a newly born hatchling. The coatl baby peered curiously up at his mom, flexing his crest feathers curiously and making little burbling noises. Aurora stared at him. He sure seemed alive, but how could one live without a heartbeat? It was something she'd have to worry about on a later date. She finally had a living hatchling, and didn't have any time to waste wondering about why it wasn't dead. She lowered her head and met her hatchling's eyes once again, who hiccuped happily at the sight of her, squirming comfortably in her arms. Aurora smiled at him, running a claw over his plush, plumed feathers. [font=cursive]"Lucian."[/font] She decided, the name having randomly come to mind, not having been provoked by inspiration. But she could think of nothing else that fit better as she smiled down at her lovely hatchling. [font=cursive]"Your name will be Lucian."[/font] Lucian warbled in response, tugging at Aurora's feathers with his ice-cold talons. She laughed lightly, hoisting Luce onto her shoulder. They should continue traveling. Aurora had gotten enough sleep, after all, and now that her eggs had hatched there was little else to do but search for her clanmates. Luce chirped happily, bouncing excitedly on Aurora's shoulder like riding his mother was a wonderful game. Aurora giggled and gently stroked his feathers, earning a delightful hrr-ing sound from her son. [font=cursive]"Are you ready, Luce?"[/font] She asked, her eyes shining excitedly. [font=cursive]"We're going to go on an adventure!"[/font][/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage[/size] Soooo . . . yeah ^^' All the eggs flipped tails, so I tweaked it a little bit so at least [i]one[/i] would survive XP Also, [i]*GASP*[/i] The chanting worked?!?!?!? I nearly banged my head on the roof when I found out a coatl hatched!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHH

(*dramatically points at nest* COATL COATL COATL COATL COATL)

Day 109:
Deep in the forest, curled up between two trees, Aurora slept with her eggs nestled safely in the curve of her wing. The coatl's chest rose and fell rhythmically, her soft breath gently stirring the grass. She slept soundly, no longer bothered by the deaths that haunted her during waking hours. Aurora murmured in her sleep, shifting slightly.

Then one of her eggs quivered, trembling slightly in her grasp.

Aurora was instantly awake, her eyes snapping open, exhaustion forgotten. She stared at the eggs, wondering if she could have imagined it.

Then the egg shook again, more vigorously this time.

Aurora immediately righted herself, gently settling the eggs on the ground. The one that had moved started trembling again, the clattering of little claws coming from inside. Aurora began to panic. I don't know how to raise hatchlings! She realized, the thought slamming into her with the force of a sledgehammer. What am I doing? I don't even know what to do with the eggs! Warm them? Break the shell?

A long, winding crack suddenly split the egg's surface, making Aurora flinch in surprise. She immediately turned to it, all the worried chased from her brain as she watched the hatchling inside fight to get free. With a final ferocious kick, the egg shell split into pieces, revealing a gorgeous imperial hatchling with scales that shimmered like the night sky.
dragon?age=0&body=20&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=68&auth=df8250d2f3236eb6f973d19dd4fa294677fcc10b&dummyext=prev.png
Aurora stared at her newborn hatchling, not believing her eyes. This was her daughter. The very dragon curled up in front of her was her daughter. It made her feel oddly proud, that she now had a child to take care of.

A shard of shell still hung from the hatchling's limp mane, still slick with the odd transparent goop. Aurora risked a small smile, reaching forward to gentle pry the shard from the hatchling's pale mane.

But something was terribly wrong.

A sick, wet rasping sound accompanied every breath the hatchling took, the corners her mouth foaming dangerously. Aurora involuntarily made a whimpering sound in her throat, reaching out to gently touch the hatchling's wings, who had now fell into a fit of spasms and twitches.

"I'm sorry." Aurora murmured in her native tongue, knowing the hatchling wouldn't understand her even if she spoke Draconic. The young dragon gazed up at her mother, her eyes wide and full of pain. Aurora delicately touched the hatchling's snout. "I'm sorry, Venus."

Venus, though still spasming and overcome with seizures, seemed to calm, her gentle green eyes softening as she peered up at her mother. With a final shudder, the young imperial fell limply to the ground, her young, round face still stuck in a relaxed smile.

Aurora felt a large chasm opening up inside her and blinked furiously, but this time there were no tears to fight away. She was deeply sorrowful for the loss of so many she loved, but Aurora knew Zaffer wouldn't want her to mourn forever. Besides, he and her dead hatchlings were together now, right? Though she would remain regretful of their loss, she knew she had to look forward in life, no matter how hard it was.

Subtly proud of her new decision, but still stung by the loss of Venus, Aurora turned to face her last remaining egg, gently nudging the dead hatchling's body out of the way with her nose. The egg was eerily still, even lacking the constant moving that wind-born eggs usually possessed.

Aurora leaned forward and clasped her talons around it, searching for any sign of a heartbeat. She wouldn't let all her eggs die. She didn't know what she'd do to herself if she did. The egg didn't show any sign of being alive, but it didn't feel dead either. Aurora shivered as she touched it, an unsettling tingling sensation of rushing wind running up her spine.

She narrowed her eyes at the egg thoughtfully, awaiting it to show any glimmer of life. Frowning with worry, she gently tapped it, hoping to instill some movement. Any movement. Biting her lip, Aurora curled closely around the last, delicate capsule, desperately trying to feed warmth into it's empty shape.

~*~

He was surrounded by darkness.

He didn't know much, except that darkness pressed in on him from all sides and that it was uncomfortably tight. He wanted to leave. To thrash about and break out of this annoyingly confined space. But it seemed he couldn't. He remained helpless inside this tight swathe of darkness, his limbs refusing to budge.

He knew he wasn't supposed to be alive. No heart pumped blood through his body, and no air fed life into his limbs. But he was alive. He could feel it. Instead of blood, something else rushed through his veins, a glorious tickling feeling that fed power into his supposedly lifeless corpse.

He could get out. He just had to try hard enough.

Drawing all of this unknown power to himself, which was far easier than expected, he forced it all out in a burst of uncontrollable, fleeting power. He felt it swirl endlessly around him, over and over and over again, until it exploded and the darkness caging him gave way to wonderful, gloriously fresh air.

~*~

Aurora nearly leaped back in fright when the egg she clutched shattered into a million pieces. For a small, heart-stopping moment, she thought she had crushed the egg and killed the hatchling that resided inside. But then a little shape squirmed anxiously in the center of the debris, ruffling it's sodden wings.

Aurora inhaled sharply, her heart soaring. This hatchling was the pure embodiment of both her and Zaffer. He was a little coatl, just like Aurora herself, but had pale purple wings that perfectly matched his father's pattern. The hatchling's scales were the same exact shade as his mother's, but shone with the same iridescence as Zaffer's had, and small, sapphire-like gemstones were scattered across his body.
dragon?age=0&body=111&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=136&tertgene=4&winggene=13&wings=119&auth=9d95dc06fad49ff4b8aa2a58348eeef33edf5158&dummyext=prev.png
Aurora glanced at her own jewel-encrusted claws, a long-awaited thought finally coming to her. So it is genetic. She realized, glancing back up at her hatchling. She started in suprise, finally catching sight of his eyes. They were large and innocent, a pure pale green that perfectly contrasted his dark scales. Even though the two were very different, the eyes reminded her of Zaffer's, which always used to shine with worry and power.

Aurora blinked, focusing back on the present. Her hatchling was now inspecting his dead sister's body, poking her limp shape with his nose and making worried cooing sounds. "Don't worry, little one." Aurora soothed him, barely noticing how she was speaking in her native tongue. "You're alive now. I'll protect you."

Her hatchling turned his head and gazed up at her with his beautiful green eyes, mouth open in a soundless, lonely squeak. Aurora fought down a sad smile and lifted him off the ground, hugging her newborn close to her chest. When their scales met, she flinched so hard she nearly dropped him.

His scales were as cold as ice, as frigid as the frozen winter. No warm blood pumped through his body, which lacked the usual faint heartbeat of a newly born hatchling. The coatl baby peered curiously up at his mom, flexing his crest feathers curiously and making little burbling noises.

Aurora stared at him. He sure seemed alive, but how could one live without a heartbeat? It was something she'd have to worry about on a later date. She finally had a living hatchling, and didn't have any time to waste wondering about why it wasn't dead.

She lowered her head and met her hatchling's eyes once again, who hiccuped happily at the sight of her, squirming comfortably in her arms. Aurora smiled at him, running a claw over his plush, plumed feathers.

"Lucian." She decided, the name having randomly come to mind, not having been provoked by inspiration. But she could think of nothing else that fit better as she smiled down at her lovely hatchling. "Your name will be Lucian."

Lucian warbled in response, tugging at Aurora's feathers with his ice-cold talons. She laughed lightly, hoisting Luce onto her shoulder. They should continue traveling. Aurora had gotten enough sleep, after all, and now that her eggs had hatched there was little else to do but search for her clanmates.

Luce chirped happily, bouncing excitedly on Aurora's shoulder like riding his mother was a wonderful game. Aurora giggled and gently stroked his feathers, earning a delightful hrr-ing sound from her son.

"Are you ready, Luce?" She asked, her eyes shining excitedly. "We're going to go on an adventure!"

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage
Soooo . . . yeah ^^' All the eggs flipped tails, so I tweaked it a little bit so at least one would survive XP

Also, *GASP* The chanting worked?!?!?!? I nearly banged my head on the roof when I found out a coatl hatched!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHH
*throws hand in the air*
YAAAASSSSSS IT WORKED YEEEEEEET

I can't believe they were ALL tails though... Poor Aurora... Poor lonely Lucian.
Maybe he'll get some Skydancer or Nocturne playmates soon ;)
*throws hand in the air*
YAAAASSSSSS IT WORKED YEEEEEEET

I can't believe they were ALL tails though... Poor Aurora... Poor lonely Lucian.
Maybe he'll get some Skydancer or Nocturne playmates soon ;)
iVesxec.png
*chokes* coATL
*chokes* coATL
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
Also oh mY GODS VENUS WAS SAAAAAD DDDD:
Also oh mY GODS VENUS WAS SAAAAAD DDDD:

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
*plays hallelujah at full blast*

SUCH CUTE COATL!!!
*plays hallelujah at full blast*

SUCH CUTE COATL!!!
I was about to sob for Aurora and all her dead babies, but then I saw Luce.
I love you so much, you have Zafgers magic in the most wonderful way, we YUR halt dead, ND pretty, and your a coatl, and K love you so much.
So much. So much. .

Sorry but this guy is my new favourite character no matter what. IFHE DIES I WOLL COME FOR UUUUUU or sob forever
I was about to sob for Aurora and all her dead babies, but then I saw Luce.
I love you so much, you have Zafgers magic in the most wonderful way, we YUR halt dead, ND pretty, and your a coatl, and K love you so much.
So much. So much. .

Sorry but this guy is my new favourite character no matter what. IFHE DIES I WOLL COME FOR UUUUUU or sob forever
drastrciallyfantastic.gif pong.png Check out my threads!
Tecnically I think that he's(Lucian) mostly like his mom since the type of dragon he is and mostly the colors of his mom. But if he acts like Zaffer then that's even since the gender. (*rubbing/smoothing imaginary beard since I don't have one*)

AND ALSO I WAS GOING TO SAVE THIS FOR LATER BUT NOT TIME LIKE THE PRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY! (:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLISsb_VYuU
(sort of)Sad ):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcuGx4LF4Uo

@Aetherstorm I WANT TO SUPPORT LUCIAN!!!
(you know what I? (mean sort of) ;p)
Tecnically I think that he's(Lucian) mostly like his mom since the type of dragon he is and mostly the colors of his mom. But if he acts like Zaffer then that's even since the gender. (*rubbing/smoothing imaginary beard since I don't have one*)

AND ALSO I WAS GOING TO SAVE THIS FOR LATER BUT NOT TIME LIKE THE PRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY! (:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLISsb_VYuU
(sort of)Sad ):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcuGx4LF4Uo

@Aetherstorm I WANT TO SUPPORT LUCIAN!!!
(you know what I? (mean sort of) ;p)
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)
WHAT???? LUCIAN HOW ARE YOU ALIVE???

This update was so heartbreaking... I'm so glad you tweaked the rules so at least one survived! And I am so glad the survivor is a coatl!!! They are my favourite breeds!!! :D
WHAT???? LUCIAN HOW ARE YOU ALIVE???

This update was so heartbreaking... I'm so glad you tweaked the rules so at least one survived! And I am so glad the survivor is a coatl!!! They are my favourite breeds!!! :D
tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dcm2381.png3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngCorgii.png
[center][item=sentinel fish] (I was going to this story from Lost of Aiden's perspective too, but it took far longer then I expected XP) [b]Day 110:[/b] Aurora stalked cautiously through the forest, Luce in her arms and leaning tiredly on his mother's shoulder. Aurora fluttered lightly over a cluster of dense shrubbery, her wings grazing the low-hanging canopy overhead. She was hoping for a sign that would give away her comrade's whereabouts, but hadn't found so much as a feather so far. A small rumbling sound suddenly split the silence that hung in the air. Aurora glanced down, surprised, to find Luce staring at her expectantly, his large, pale eyes sad and woeful. He tugged at his mother's feathers, making an anxious mewing sound at her. [Font=cursive]"You're hungry."[/font] Aurora realized with a twinge of guilt. [Font=cursive]"Of course you are. I'm sorry."[/font] She added, apologetically stroking his feathers. Lucian made a soothed purring sound in response, snuggling up against his mother's neck. [Font=cursive]"I'll find you something. There has to be a river or a lake [i]somewhere[/i] nearby."[/font] Aurora promised, looking around. Luce chirped pitifully, his stomach gurgling with hunger. Aurora raised her head to the sky and tested the air. A faintest bit of moisture hung on the evening mist, peaking her interest. [i]Where there's water, there's food.[/i] She figured. She tightened her grip on Luce and continued onward, nimbly hopping through the forest until she came across a small pool of fresh water. Luce squirmed excitedly in Aurora's grasp, instantly aware of the fish and water that would fill his hungry belly. Aurora smiled and loosened her grip so Luce could worm his way out of her grasp and flutter to the soft earth. The baby coatl burbled excitedly and flopped over the ground, scampering towards the edge of the lake. Aurora laughed lightly and followed him, crouching at the edge of the lake where Luce stood. Aurora craned her neck and lowered her head to the cold, clear water. An icy, refreshing coolness rushed down her parched throat, rejuvenating her limbs and sending newfound energy shooting through her brain. Aurora sat up, suprised at how much better and more energized she felt after a simple drink. Luce followed her example, cautiously sipping water from the still pool, but ended up getting distracted by the ripples and accidentally snorting some up his nose. He cried out in surprise, toppling against his mother, exhaling fiercely from his nostrils as he strived the get the water out of his nose. Aurora chuckled, hugging Luce's cold shape to her side with a wing. [font=cursive]"You'll get better."[/font] She insisted with a teasing poke on his nose. Luce gurgled something and grabbed her claw before it could dart away, holding it tightly in his small, icy talons. [font=cursive]"No Luce."[/font] Aurora scolded lightly, gently prying her claw from his grasp. [font=cursive]"I need all my talons to catch fish."[/font] Luce blinked at her. He turned his head back to the pool, eyeing it hungrily as if he'd understood Aurora's words. [font=cursive]"Fishes?"[/font] Luce asked in a small, weak hum. Aurora giggled, suprised at how proud she felt at her hatchling's first words. [font=cursive]"Yes, fishes."[/font] She agreed, booping him on the snout again. [font=cursive]"You can eat them."[/font] Luce tilted his head at his mother, then glanced back at the lake. [font=cursive]"Fishes?"[/font] He repeated shyly. Aurora smiled at him. [font=cursive]"Yeah, we find fish in the water."[/font] She explained, flexing her claws and staring intently at the surface of the pool. [font=cursive]"Watch."[/font] Aurora inspected the water closely, watching the dark shapes flit about in it's depths. Her electric blue eyes darted from shape to shape, keen on catching sight of any that traveled to close. Luce watched her silently, his eyes wide with awe as they travelled from his mother to the pool and back again. Suddenly, in a swift movement that was barley more that a blur, Aurora dove her talons into the water and felt her claws catch on smooth fish scales. She hooked her claws into it and drew them out just as fast, slamming the squirming, gasping fish to the ground until it stopped flailing and lay still. Luce warbled loudly, beaming at his mother and clapping his talons together joyfully. Aurora grinned at her son, surprisingly proud that he was so impressed. Lucian then turned to the lake, a determined but excited expression on his face that was almost comical. He leaned over the pool and peered curiously into the water, cautiously dipping his claws beneath the surface. He yelped in surprise and flinched back at the touch of the cool water, curious giggling interfering with his exclamation of fear. Lucian patted the water some more, laughing his little hatchling laugh as all the little shapes beneath his claws darted away from the ripples that stirred the still water. He squealed excitedly, slapping the water his talons so it jumped in big, arcing splashes. Aurora laughed, but she still had to grab Luce's wrist and pull him away. [font=cursive]"Don't scare the fishes, Luce."[/font] She told him, meeting his soft green eyes. [font=cursive]"We need them to stay so we can catch them. You can have this one though!"[/font] She added excitedly, nudging the fish she'd caught earlier towards her son. It was a Silverside tetra, a surprisingly tangy fish with a chewy texture. It's dull silver scales shimmering slightly in the early light and catching Lucian's eye. He eyed it hungrily and fell upon it almost immediately, tearing into it's iridescent scales with his small sharp teeth and scarfing the meat down with invigorating zeal. After a few seconds the tetra was gone. Luce sat up, looking rather content and smacking his lips happily. [font=cursive]"More!"[/font] He begged, tugging insistently at his mother's wings. She laughed, lightly touching his shoulders. [font=cursive]"I'll get you more."[/font] She promised with a smile. [font=cursive]"Just be patient."[/font] Luce reluctantly obliged, leaning against his mother's side and watching with rapt attention as she continue stalking fsh. Aurora dove her claws in several times, mostly hitting her mark, but missing a spare few. After a few minutes, a small pile had accumulated at her side, about as tall as her shoulder and making her stomach rumble almost as loudly as Luce's. She pried a pale smallmouth from the pile, tossing a golden rainbow trout at Luce, who stared in awe at it's reflective scales. [font=cursive]"Eat up."[/font] Aurora told him, assuring the baby coatl with a small grin. Luce happily obliged, gorging himself on the delicate fish meat with energized vigor. Aurora laughed lightly in spite of herself, tearing into her own fish. A wonderful taste filled her mouth, and she relished the feeling of having meat between her teeth again. It wasn't long until the two of them had quickly polished off their rations, Luce still licking the remains of his golden trout off his claws. Aurora felt surprisingly strong, re-energized and feeling like she could travel another couple hundred miles with her wings tied behind her back. Luce warbled happily, snuggled against his mother with his belly full of meat and his eyes drooping sleepily. A small burp escaped his mouth, but the young coatl didn't seem to care. Aurora smiled at her hatchling, gently wrapping her talons around his frigid arms and lifting him close to her chest. Luce murmured sleepily, curling comfortably against the plumed feathers that lined Aurora's neck. She gently stroked the coatl's feathers as Lucian dozed off, his large eyes sliding shut in a look of serene calm. Aurora felt better than she had in moons. With her hatchling in her arms, her belly full, and her thirst quenched, she set off again, skipping nimbly over some lumpy roots. [font=cursive]"Just be patient, Luce."[/font] She murmured, barley more than a whisper. [font=cursive]"We'll find the others soon."[/font][/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage @MayasDragons[/size] I just love writing about Luce ^w^ Hatchlings are just so much fun!!! I'm sure a few of you can relate ;)

(I was going to this story from Lost of Aiden's perspective too, but it took far longer then I expected XP)

Day 110:
Aurora stalked cautiously through the forest, Luce in her arms and leaning tiredly on his mother's shoulder. Aurora fluttered lightly over a cluster of dense shrubbery, her wings grazing the low-hanging canopy overhead. She was hoping for a sign that would give away her comrade's whereabouts, but hadn't found so much as a feather so far.

A small rumbling sound suddenly split the silence that hung in the air. Aurora glanced down, surprised, to find Luce staring at her expectantly, his large, pale eyes sad and woeful. He tugged at his mother's feathers, making an anxious mewing sound at her.

"You're hungry." Aurora realized with a twinge of guilt. "Of course you are. I'm sorry." She added, apologetically stroking his feathers. Lucian made a soothed purring sound in response, snuggling up against his mother's neck. "I'll find you something. There has to be a river or a lake somewhere nearby." Aurora promised, looking around.

Luce chirped pitifully, his stomach gurgling with hunger. Aurora raised her head to the sky and tested the air. A faintest bit of moisture hung on the evening mist, peaking her interest. Where there's water, there's food. She figured. She tightened her grip on Luce and continued onward, nimbly hopping through the forest until she came across a small pool of fresh water.

Luce squirmed excitedly in Aurora's grasp, instantly aware of the fish and water that would fill his hungry belly. Aurora smiled and loosened her grip so Luce could worm his way out of her grasp and flutter to the soft earth. The baby coatl burbled excitedly and flopped over the ground, scampering towards the edge of the lake.

Aurora laughed lightly and followed him, crouching at the edge of the lake where Luce stood. Aurora craned her neck and lowered her head to the cold, clear water. An icy, refreshing coolness rushed down her parched throat, rejuvenating her limbs and sending newfound energy shooting through her brain. Aurora sat up, suprised at how much better and more energized she felt after a simple drink.

Luce followed her example, cautiously sipping water from the still pool, but ended up getting distracted by the ripples and accidentally snorting some up his nose. He cried out in surprise, toppling against his mother, exhaling fiercely from his nostrils as he strived the get the water out of his nose. Aurora chuckled, hugging Luce's cold shape to her side with a wing.

"You'll get better." She insisted with a teasing poke on his nose. Luce gurgled something and grabbed her claw before it could dart away, holding it tightly in his small, icy talons. "No Luce." Aurora scolded lightly, gently prying her claw from his grasp. "I need all my talons to catch fish."

Luce blinked at her. He turned his head back to the pool, eyeing it hungrily as if he'd understood Aurora's words. "Fishes?" Luce asked in a small, weak hum. Aurora giggled, suprised at how proud she felt at her hatchling's first words. "Yes, fishes." She agreed, booping him on the snout again. "You can eat them."

Luce tilted his head at his mother, then glanced back at the lake. "Fishes?" He repeated shyly. Aurora smiled at him. "Yeah, we find fish in the water." She explained, flexing her claws and staring intently at the surface of the pool. "Watch."

Aurora inspected the water closely, watching the dark shapes flit about in it's depths. Her electric blue eyes darted from shape to shape, keen on catching sight of any that traveled to close. Luce watched her silently, his eyes wide with awe as they travelled from his mother to the pool and back again.

Suddenly, in a swift movement that was barley more that a blur, Aurora dove her talons into the water and felt her claws catch on smooth fish scales. She hooked her claws into it and drew them out just as fast, slamming the squirming, gasping fish to the ground until it stopped flailing and lay still.

Luce warbled loudly, beaming at his mother and clapping his talons together joyfully. Aurora grinned at her son, surprisingly proud that he was so impressed. Lucian then turned to the lake, a determined but excited expression on his face that was almost comical. He leaned over the pool and peered curiously into the water, cautiously dipping his claws beneath the surface.

He yelped in surprise and flinched back at the touch of the cool water, curious giggling interfering with his exclamation of fear. Lucian patted the water some more, laughing his little hatchling laugh as all the little shapes beneath his claws darted away from the ripples that stirred the still water. He squealed excitedly, slapping the water his talons so it jumped in big, arcing splashes.

Aurora laughed, but she still had to grab Luce's wrist and pull him away. "Don't scare the fishes, Luce." She told him, meeting his soft green eyes. "We need them to stay so we can catch them. You can have this one though!" She added excitedly, nudging the fish she'd caught earlier towards her son.

It was a Silverside tetra, a surprisingly tangy fish with a chewy texture. It's dull silver scales shimmering slightly in the early light and catching Lucian's eye. He eyed it hungrily and fell upon it almost immediately, tearing into it's iridescent scales with his small sharp teeth and scarfing the meat down with invigorating zeal.

After a few seconds the tetra was gone. Luce sat up, looking rather content and smacking his lips happily. "More!" He begged, tugging insistently at his mother's wings. She laughed, lightly touching his shoulders. "I'll get you more." She promised with a smile. "Just be patient."

Luce reluctantly obliged, leaning against his mother's side and watching with rapt attention as she continue stalking fsh. Aurora dove her claws in several times, mostly hitting her mark, but missing a spare few. After a few minutes, a small pile had accumulated at her side, about as tall as her shoulder and making her stomach rumble almost as loudly as Luce's.

She pried a pale smallmouth from the pile, tossing a golden rainbow trout at Luce, who stared in awe at it's reflective scales. "Eat up." Aurora told him, assuring the baby coatl with a small grin. Luce happily obliged, gorging himself on the delicate fish meat with energized vigor.

Aurora laughed lightly in spite of herself, tearing into her own fish. A wonderful taste filled her mouth, and she relished the feeling of having meat between her teeth again. It wasn't long until the two of them had quickly polished off their rations, Luce still licking the remains of his golden trout off his claws.

Aurora felt surprisingly strong, re-energized and feeling like she could travel another couple hundred miles with her wings tied behind her back. Luce warbled happily, snuggled against his mother with his belly full of meat and his eyes drooping sleepily. A small burp escaped his mouth, but the young coatl didn't seem to care.

Aurora smiled at her hatchling, gently wrapping her talons around his frigid arms and lifting him close to her chest. Luce murmured sleepily, curling comfortably against the plumed feathers that lined Aurora's neck. She gently stroked the coatl's feathers as Lucian dozed off, his large eyes sliding shut in a look of serene calm.

Aurora felt better than she had in moons. With her hatchling in her arms, her belly full, and her thirst quenched, she set off again, skipping nimbly over some lumpy roots. "Just be patient, Luce." She murmured, barley more than a whisper. "We'll find the others soon."

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage @MayasDragons
I just love writing about Luce ^w^ Hatchlings are just so much fun!!!

I'm sure a few of you can relate ;)
‘Dawwww some cuteness instead of sadness
‘Dawwww some cuteness instead of sadness

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif

7YNarK2.gif
1 2 ... 156 157 158 159 160 ... 247 248