Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 147 148 149 150 151 ... 247 248
[center][item=scholar] (I might be going into hiatus for a bit after this guys ^^' I hope you'll enjoy this update nonetheless. Or at least have emotions about it ;-;) Day 100 [color=transparent][size=1][size=1][size=1]jgschwuj[/size][/size][/size][/color] [size=4][b][u]Part IV:[/u][/b][/size] [b]"We can't go on like this."[/b] Rikki murmured. The emperor continued to clash with the shield thrown up outside, the air punctured by multiple furious screams every few seconds. Zaffer had his eyes narrowed in concentration, his shoulders tense and sweat beading down his forehead. [b]"I completely agree."[/b] Aurora said at once with a stern look at her mate. [b]"Why is this all falling on our shoulders anyway? There are other dragons [i]trained[/i] for this!"[/b] Dawn sighed, shaking her head in defeat. [b]"I don't think we can risk anybody else getting this close."[/b] She muttered darkly. [b]"We've scarred that emperor so much it's nearly at the peak of it's rage. Getting more dragons into the fight would be. . . catastrophic. Especially considering it's practically unkillable."[/b] She added with a scowl. The shadows seemed to shimmer around them, and suddenly two dragonets were crouching in the darkness, one a shivering blue spiral and the other a scowling pearlcatcher. Dawn leaped backwards, nearly spooked out of her scales. [b]"Where have you two been?"[/b] She protested, regaining her composure. Lost frowned, but didn't speak. Arion shot her an anxious look, noticing her normally moon-white scales seemed darker, like they were permanently cast in shadow. Touched by darkness. [b]"We. . . [i]I[/i] tried to take the emperor down with lighting."[/b] He admitted guiltily. [b]"It didn't really work."[/b] Dawn tilted her head thoughtfully, oblivious to the warning glare Aurora shot at her younger brother. [b]"So [i]that's[/i] what that was."[/b] The wildclaw mused. [b]"A for effort kid, but it'll take a lot more than a little electricity to take that monster down."[/b] Outside, the emperor rammed into Zaffer's magical shield once again with the wretched sound of bones snapping. It screeched in an ear-splitting cacophony, stumbling away, though it didn't seem to be bothered by broken bones. It did however appear phased by such a strong magic, as blundering into it was the only way it had managed to feel pain. Zaffer watched it reel back in pain several times, his attention fully diverted to the floundering beast. Aurora watched his face worridley, as if aware of the idea sparking in his mind. His tail twitched subtly as his plan started to unfold. Zaffer started stirring restlessly, still channeling his magical energy into powering the force field. [b]"Zaffer, you can't."[/b] Aurora warned, placing her talons on his shoulder. [b]"You've been hurt enough."[/b] Zaffer shook his head firmly, taking Aurora talons off of his shoulder. [b]"It's the only way."[/b] He insisted. [b]"We can't let anybody else get hurt."[/b] [b]"So why are [i]you[/i] getting hurt?"[/b] The coatl retorted, tightly clutching his talons. [b]"Your magic already hurts you so much. . . I don't want you to suffer for this, Zaffer!"[/b] The imperial sighed, getting to his feet despite Aurora's protests. [b]"I won't think of it as suffering if everyone else is spared."[/b] He insisted, lightly touching her wing. [b]"Jade has already been through so much. . . nobody else should feel that kind of despair."[/b] [b]"But, if. . . if you hurt yourself in some way, I won't be able to live with myself!"[/b] Aurora cried, tears springing into her eyes. [b]"You don't know your own strength, Zaffer. What if you use your magic too much and. . . and it overwhelms you?"[/b] The imperial smiled sadly, clasping her talons in his. [b]"It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make."[/b] Aurora bit back a sob, pulling her mate into a tight embrace. [b]"Just [i]try[/i] not to die, you idiot."[/b] She said, her voice muffled by his shoulder. Zaffer risked a small laugh, wrapping his wings around the delicate coatl. [b]"Just keep yourself safe."[/b] He replied, meeting Aurora's eyes with a sad, affectionate gaze. She bit her lip, pulling away from him. [b]"If you get hurt. . ."[/b] She started, shifting from foot to foot. Zaffer gently touched her shoulder, and Aurora's eyes immediately flew to his. [b]"I'm not going to get hurt."[/b] He insisted firmly. [b]"So you better stay far away from danger."[/b] A breathless laugh escaped the coatl. [b]"If you say so."[/b] She admitted with the faintest of smiles. [b]"But the second you-"[/b] Zaffer cut her off with a wave of his wings. [b]"This is going to go on forever."[/b] He teased. [b]"You stay safe if I stay safe, deal?"[/b] [b]"Battling that [i]thing[/i] isn't my definition of safe."[/b] Aurora retorted, her eyes flashing dangerously. Zaffer met her gaze with a stern look, wordlessly sharing a conversation with her. After a few moments Aurora gave in with a defeated sigh. [b]"Deal."[/b] She muttered. Zaffer cocked a small grin at her, retreating to the very edge of the forest. He raised his head to meet the gigantic creature that once consisted of his own species, slowly unfurling his wings. [b]"What's he doing?"[/b] Opal asked, panic rising in her voice. Aurora stayed silent for a few moments, watching her mate size up his opponent, which was kind of impossible. [b]"He's going to use his magic to bring it down."[/b] The coatl admitted in a low voice, as if scared she would start crying. [b]"He says it's the only way we could stop it."[/b] Opal was quiet for a bit, her gaze lost and unfocused. [b]"He might be right."[/b] She admitted quietly. [b]"If anything can take that thing down, it's Zaffer's magic."[/b] Aurora fell silent after this observation, lapsing into some sort of contemplative state as she watched Zaffer work up the courage to face the monstrosity raging outside. With little warning, the imperial spread his wings and launched himself into the sky, spinning into the clouds with a surprising amount of grace. Aurora flinched in his direction, as if to follow the imperial, but Opal put a talon on the coatl's shoulder and shook her head slightly. Aurora reluctantly settled back down, her worried gaze following Zaffer into the sky, even as he came to a halt and spread his beautifully patterned wings to stay aloft. Zaffer spread his talons, narrowing his eyes at the emperor. The wall of magic shattered, evaporating into nothingness and leaving nothing but air between Zaffer and the furious emperor. The beast sensed the magic had gone, and that it was now able to freely feed on its prey. It surged forward, a screech emanating from it's open jaws as they swung open to snap Zaffer out of the sky. Zaffer did not appear phased by this threat. He merely let his eyes slide shut and inhaled deeply, ignoring the emperor's head-splitting roars. When the emperor was no more than a tail-length away Zaffer's eyes flew open and he flung his arms wide, a blinding surge of magenta energy surging from his claws. It caught the emperor right in the chest, and it was thrown into the air, shrieking and flailing in protest. Zaffer's steely expression did not change. He twisted his claws and the magic clinging to the emperor exploded in on itself, delivering a crushing blow to the emperor's necks and allowing it to freefall to the ground. A faint magenta light now seemed to emanate from Zaffer's scales, making him glow eerily. The imperial spread his talons and snakes of pink energy burst from his claws, winding themselves around the emperor's limbs and forcing it back into the air, followed by another furious wail from it's four mouths as the enchanted coils of magic smashed it into the ground. Aurora let loose an involuntary whimper, watching her mate land blow after blow, no emotion stirring his guarded face. Opal's eyes were also glued to the scene. She was taken aback at how effortlessly Zaffer appeared to be taking down the formerly formidable emperor, though it must have been unbearably painful for him to use his magic. The emperor was now panting heavily, helplessly attempting to scrabble to its feet. Zaffer landed on the solid earth and slowly approached the beast five times his size, which screamed in a harmony of anger, pain and fear. Zaffer's gaze darted towards Aurora, where she met his eyes for a fraction of a second before the imperial diverted all his attention back on the fallen emperor. Gritting his teeth, Zaffer flung his wings wide, a massive explosion of arcane magic bursting from his chest. It flung Zaffer into the air, where he hovered without flapping his wings. The magic lifted the emperor into the air too, tiny little magenta sparks detonating across it's scales and blowing dark scorch marks into its hide. Magic continued to flow from Zaffer in an unstoppable torrent, like someone had broken a dam holding an ocean's worth of lethal arcane energies back, which was now pouring out of him with a brilliantly blinding light. Aurora cried out for her mate, but her voice was lost beneath the hum of magic filling the air. The light surged over the emperor, hiding it from sight beneath layers of pink light. The emperor threw it's heads back in a final scream of rage and terror, before the entire world of swirling, storming magic converged upon it and the emperor exploded into nothingness. It wasn't a blood and guts explosion, with little zombie bits flying everywhere. It was instead blown apart by the overwhelming storm of energy, evaporating beneath the intense pressure of such powerful magic. In an ear-bleeding, warped explosion the emperor burst into millions of little bits, fading into nothing more than pink sparks that were swept away by a light breeze. The light abruptly turned back to normal, the pinkish glow fading away until perfectly normal sunlight filtered into the clearing as if nothing devastating had happened, though the landscape was pocketed with deep gouges and scorch marks. This was followed by an uncanny silence. No one spoke. The birds didn't sing. Even the steady lapping of waves had stopped. Everything seemed eerily quiet without the emperor's furious screams, now blown away by the wind with the rest of the monstrosity. The silence was broken by a horrible thud; the sound of Zaffer's body hitting the earth. [b]"ZAFFER!"[/b] Aurora cried, leaping forward. Nobody made a move to stop her. The emperor was gone, and the initial threat ended, but there was still something to be said about their imperial friend spread out on the grass, dying slowly with ragged breaths. Aurora collapsed beside her mate, not stopping the tears that streamed freely down her face. [b]"You did it, Zaffer."[/b] She said softly, her voice hitched with tears. [b]"You did it. You killed it."[/b] Zaffer's eyes opened slightly, and a small, teasing smile rose to his face. [b]"I did."[/b] He realized, savoring his words. [b]"I saved everyone. I saved you."[/b] Aurora bit back another sob, gently touching the side as Zaffer's face as the other dragons all came rushing forward. [b]"You saved me."[/b] Aurora agreed, tears spilling down her face. [b]"So you better not die now."[/b] Zaffer didn't seem to be listening. He appeared happily dazed, staring at nothing in particular. [b]"It doesn't hurt anymore, Aurora."[/b] he murmured, his eyelids drooping. [b]"The pain is gone."[/b] More sobs threatened to tear themselves out of her throat, so Aurora tightly hugged Zaffer's neck, pressing her face against his cool scales. [b]"Zaffer."[/b] Another broken, guilty voice croaked. Opal kneeled beside her fallen brother, tears glistening in her eyes. [b]"Why'd you have to die for us?"[/b] Zaffer smiled at her blissfully. [b]"Don't be sad."[/b] He murmured, his voice low and rich. [b]"It's the only way I'd ever want to go."[/b] Aurora bit back more tears. [b]"But we never wanted you to go."[/b] She murmured softly. Zaffer's breathing slowed, and some sort of tingling energy filled his clawtips, and they began to fade away, turning into little pink sparks lifted by the breeze. It was the exact same thing that had happened to the emperor as it exploded, except far slower. Zaffer appeared oblivious to this, instead pondering Aurora's words. The imperial didn't respond for a few moments, his eyes darting over to his mate's. [b]"Just promise me you'll take care of our hatchlings."[/b] He murmured sleepily as the magic ate away his hands and the tip of tail. Aurora felt a jolt in her chest. She nearly forgotten about her- [i]their[/i], eggs in all the commotion. Another tear trickled down her face, dripping off her chin and sinking into the soil. [b]"Yes."[/b] She murmured, delicately touching Zaffer's neck. [b]"Of course. They'll know everything about you. Your strengths, your faults, your sacrifices. . ."[/b] She trailed off, blinded by tears. Zaffer smiled, the magic now having finished his arms and tail and working it's way towards his torso. [b]"Thank you."[/b] He breathed. [b]"I know you'll take good care of them. Just promise me one thing."[/b] Both Opal and Aurora nodded solemnly, fighting to keep tears out of their eyes. [b]"Don't ever let me become one of them."[/b] Opal sniffed sadly, bobbing her head in a nod. [b]"Of course, Zaffer."[/b] She murmured, her voice a little more than a whisper. [b]"You're way too nice to ever become an evil zombie."[/b] Zaffer chuckled. [b]"Thanks, sis."[/b] He said teasingly, laughter shining in his fading eyes. [b]"I'm sorry I have to go like this. It's just. . . I had to. I wasn't going to let it kill anyone else."[/b] Now it was Opal who exploded, a sheen of tears staining her own scales. [b]"[i]No[/i]!"[/b] She cried angrily. [b]"You can't die! You're my [i]brother[/i], for Windsinger's sake. We've been together since the beginning of time! You can't leave now."[/b] The nocturne looked like she might have crumbled to dust if someone sneezed too hard, fighting to keep tears from streaming freely down her face. August came up beside her, his eyes solemn and tearful as he met Zaffer's gaze. The skydancer slowly reached out and settled his wing over Opal's shoulder. She spun around and threw herself onto her mate, burying her head into his chest, sobbing uncontrollably and clutching the skydancer so tightly he didn't seem to be able to breathe. Aurora would have done the same with Zaffer, but very little of him remained. Despite this, Zaffer looked quite joyful, bearing a permanently pleasant smile on his face. [b]"It doesn't hurt anymore."[/b] He croaked again, actually grinning at them. [b]"The pain. . . it's all gone."[/b] The magic was rapidly evaporating his neck now. Aurora reached out with shaky talons, fiercely hugging Zaffer's neck one last time. [b]"I'm glad you've found your peace."[/b] She whispered quietly into his ear. [b]"I'll never forget you, you know."[/b] [b]"I wouldn't expect you to."[/b] Zaffer murmured in response, his voice filled with affection. [b]"Don't expect me to forget you either, even in death."[/b] Aurora blinked tears out of her eyes as his scales began fading to nothingness between her arms. Zaffer finally closed his eyes with a final shuddering sigh, a perfectly peaceful expression on his face as the magic enveloped closed around his head and drifted into the air. Aurora and everyone else raised their heads to watch as the little sparks rose into the sky, formerly such a good friend they had all known and loved. He was now whisked away by the breeze, nothing more than a memory. Even after the little pink embers had gone, Aurora's gaze lingered on the sky, her tears finally drying. Zaffer had been at peace when he died. Finally painless after a lifetime of ongoing agony and constant worry. There was nothing more she could have wished for him then to have died happy. The only thing that left her scarred was the now empty hole in her heart. Aurora gingerly grazed her stomach, wondering how she could raise hatchlings who would never know their father. Aurora felt warm talons on her shoulder and turned her head to see Jade standing over her, a sorrowful, sympathetic expression marking the spiral's face. Though it was felt nice to have the mortherly spiral comfort her, Aurora was still pained to see the hollow look in Jade's eyes, like something essential had been taken from her life. [b]"Come on."[/b] Jade murmured finally, her voice barely more than a husky growl. [b]"Let's go home."[/b][/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage[/size]

(I might be going into hiatus for a bit after this guys ^^' I hope you'll enjoy this update nonetheless. Or at least have emotions about it ;-;)

Day 100
jgschwuj
Part IV:
"We can't go on like this." Rikki murmured. The emperor continued to clash with the shield thrown up outside, the air punctured by multiple furious screams every few seconds. Zaffer had his eyes narrowed in concentration, his shoulders tense and sweat beading down his forehead.

"I completely agree." Aurora said at once with a stern look at her mate. "Why is this all falling on our shoulders anyway? There are other dragons trained for this!" Dawn sighed, shaking her head in defeat.

"I don't think we can risk anybody else getting this close." She muttered darkly. "We've scarred that emperor so much it's nearly at the peak of it's rage. Getting more dragons into the fight would be. . . catastrophic. Especially considering it's practically unkillable." She added with a scowl.

The shadows seemed to shimmer around them, and suddenly two dragonets were crouching in the darkness, one a shivering blue spiral and the other a scowling pearlcatcher. Dawn leaped backwards, nearly spooked out of her scales. "Where have you two been?" She protested, regaining her composure.

Lost frowned, but didn't speak. Arion shot her an anxious look, noticing her normally moon-white scales seemed darker, like they were permanently cast in shadow. Touched by darkness. "We. . . I tried to take the emperor down with lighting." He admitted guiltily. "It didn't really work."

Dawn tilted her head thoughtfully, oblivious to the warning glare Aurora shot at her younger brother. "So that's what that was." The wildclaw mused. "A for effort kid, but it'll take a lot more than a little electricity to take that monster down."

Outside, the emperor rammed into Zaffer's magical shield once again with the wretched sound of bones snapping. It screeched in an ear-splitting cacophony, stumbling away, though it didn't seem to be bothered by broken bones. It did however appear phased by such a strong magic, as blundering into it was the only way it had managed to feel pain.

Zaffer watched it reel back in pain several times, his attention fully diverted to the floundering beast. Aurora watched his face worridley, as if aware of the idea sparking in his mind. His tail twitched subtly as his plan started to unfold. Zaffer started stirring restlessly, still channeling his magical energy into powering the force field.

"Zaffer, you can't." Aurora warned, placing her talons on his shoulder. "You've been hurt enough." Zaffer shook his head firmly, taking Aurora talons off of his shoulder. "It's the only way." He insisted. "We can't let anybody else get hurt."

"So why are you getting hurt?" The coatl retorted, tightly clutching his talons. "Your magic already hurts you so much. . . I don't want you to suffer for this, Zaffer!" The imperial sighed, getting to his feet despite Aurora's protests.

"I won't think of it as suffering if everyone else is spared." He insisted, lightly touching her wing. "Jade has already been through so much. . . nobody else should feel that kind of despair."

"But, if. . . if you hurt yourself in some way, I won't be able to live with myself!" Aurora cried, tears springing into her eyes. "You don't know your own strength, Zaffer. What if you use your magic too much and. . . and it overwhelms you?" The imperial smiled sadly, clasping her talons in his. "It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make."

Aurora bit back a sob, pulling her mate into a tight embrace. "Just try not to die, you idiot." She said, her voice muffled by his shoulder. Zaffer risked a small laugh, wrapping his wings around the delicate coatl. "Just keep yourself safe." He replied, meeting Aurora's eyes with a sad, affectionate gaze.

She bit her lip, pulling away from him. "If you get hurt. . ." She started, shifting from foot to foot. Zaffer gently touched her shoulder, and Aurora's eyes immediately flew to his. "I'm not going to get hurt." He insisted firmly. "So you better stay far away from danger."

A breathless laugh escaped the coatl. "If you say so." She admitted with the faintest of smiles. "But the second you-" Zaffer cut her off with a wave of his wings. "This is going to go on forever." He teased. "You stay safe if I stay safe, deal?"

"Battling that thing isn't my definition of safe." Aurora retorted, her eyes flashing dangerously. Zaffer met her gaze with a stern look, wordlessly sharing a conversation with her. After a few moments Aurora gave in with a defeated sigh. "Deal." She muttered.

Zaffer cocked a small grin at her, retreating to the very edge of the forest. He raised his head to meet the gigantic creature that once consisted of his own species, slowly unfurling his wings. "What's he doing?" Opal asked, panic rising in her voice. Aurora stayed silent for a few moments, watching her mate size up his opponent, which was kind of impossible.

"He's going to use his magic to bring it down." The coatl admitted in a low voice, as if scared she would start crying. "He says it's the only way we could stop it." Opal was quiet for a bit, her gaze lost and unfocused. "He might be right." She admitted quietly. "If anything can take that thing down, it's Zaffer's magic."

Aurora fell silent after this observation, lapsing into some sort of contemplative state as she watched Zaffer work up the courage to face the monstrosity raging outside. With little warning, the imperial spread his wings and launched himself into the sky, spinning into the clouds with a surprising amount of grace.

Aurora flinched in his direction, as if to follow the imperial, but Opal put a talon on the coatl's shoulder and shook her head slightly. Aurora reluctantly settled back down, her worried gaze following Zaffer into the sky, even as he came to a halt and spread his beautifully patterned wings to stay aloft. Zaffer spread his talons, narrowing his eyes at the emperor.

The wall of magic shattered, evaporating into nothingness and leaving nothing but air between Zaffer and the furious emperor. The beast sensed the magic had gone, and that it was now able to freely feed on its prey. It surged forward, a screech emanating from it's open jaws as they swung open to snap Zaffer out of the sky.

Zaffer did not appear phased by this threat. He merely let his eyes slide shut and inhaled deeply, ignoring the emperor's head-splitting roars. When the emperor was no more than a tail-length away Zaffer's eyes flew open and he flung his arms wide, a blinding surge of magenta energy surging from his claws.

It caught the emperor right in the chest, and it was thrown into the air, shrieking and flailing in protest. Zaffer's steely expression did not change. He twisted his claws and the magic clinging to the emperor exploded in on itself, delivering a crushing blow to the emperor's necks and allowing it to freefall to the ground.

A faint magenta light now seemed to emanate from Zaffer's scales, making him glow eerily. The imperial spread his talons and snakes of pink energy burst from his claws, winding themselves around the emperor's limbs and forcing it back into the air, followed by another furious wail from it's four mouths as the enchanted coils of magic smashed it into the ground.

Aurora let loose an involuntary whimper, watching her mate land blow after blow, no emotion stirring his guarded face. Opal's eyes were also glued to the scene. She was taken aback at how effortlessly Zaffer appeared to be taking down the formerly formidable emperor, though it must have been unbearably painful for him to use his magic.

The emperor was now panting heavily, helplessly attempting to scrabble to its feet. Zaffer landed on the solid earth and slowly approached the beast five times his size, which screamed in a harmony of anger, pain and fear.

Zaffer's gaze darted towards Aurora, where she met his eyes for a fraction of a second before the imperial diverted all his attention back on the fallen emperor. Gritting his teeth, Zaffer flung his wings wide, a massive explosion of arcane magic bursting from his chest.

It flung Zaffer into the air, where he hovered without flapping his wings. The magic lifted the emperor into the air too, tiny little magenta sparks detonating across it's scales and blowing dark scorch marks into its hide.

Magic continued to flow from Zaffer in an unstoppable torrent, like someone had broken a dam holding an ocean's worth of lethal arcane energies back, which was now pouring out of him with a brilliantly blinding light. Aurora cried out for her mate, but her voice was lost beneath the hum of magic filling the air.

The light surged over the emperor, hiding it from sight beneath layers of pink light. The emperor threw it's heads back in a final scream of rage and terror, before the entire world of swirling, storming magic converged upon it and the emperor exploded into nothingness.

It wasn't a blood and guts explosion, with little zombie bits flying everywhere. It was instead blown apart by the overwhelming storm of energy, evaporating beneath the intense pressure of such powerful magic. In an ear-bleeding, warped explosion the emperor burst into millions of little bits, fading into nothing more than pink sparks that were swept away by a light breeze.

The light abruptly turned back to normal, the pinkish glow fading away until perfectly normal sunlight filtered into the clearing as if nothing devastating had happened, though the landscape was pocketed with deep gouges and scorch marks.

This was followed by an uncanny silence.

No one spoke. The birds didn't sing. Even the steady lapping of waves had stopped. Everything seemed eerily quiet without the emperor's furious screams, now blown away by the wind with the rest of the monstrosity. The silence was broken by a horrible thud; the sound of Zaffer's body hitting the earth.

"ZAFFER!" Aurora cried, leaping forward. Nobody made a move to stop her. The emperor was gone, and the initial threat ended, but there was still something to be said about their imperial friend spread out on the grass, dying slowly with ragged breaths.

Aurora collapsed beside her mate, not stopping the tears that streamed freely down her face. "You did it, Zaffer." She said softly, her voice hitched with tears. "You did it. You killed it." Zaffer's eyes opened slightly, and a small, teasing smile rose to his face.

"I did." He realized, savoring his words. "I saved everyone. I saved you." Aurora bit back another sob, gently touching the side as Zaffer's face as the other dragons all came rushing forward. "You saved me." Aurora agreed, tears spilling down her face. "So you better not die now."

Zaffer didn't seem to be listening. He appeared happily dazed, staring at nothing in particular. "It doesn't hurt anymore, Aurora." he murmured, his eyelids drooping. "The pain is gone." More sobs threatened to tear themselves out of her throat, so Aurora tightly hugged Zaffer's neck, pressing her face against his cool scales.

"Zaffer." Another broken, guilty voice croaked. Opal kneeled beside her fallen brother, tears glistening in her eyes. "Why'd you have to die for us?" Zaffer smiled at her blissfully. "Don't be sad." He murmured, his voice low and rich. "It's the only way I'd ever want to go."

Aurora bit back more tears. "But we never wanted you to go." She murmured softly. Zaffer's breathing slowed, and some sort of tingling energy filled his clawtips, and they began to fade away, turning into little pink sparks lifted by the breeze. It was the exact same thing that had happened to the emperor as it exploded, except far slower.

Zaffer appeared oblivious to this, instead pondering Aurora's words. The imperial didn't respond for a few moments, his eyes darting over to his mate's. "Just promise me you'll take care of our hatchlings." He murmured sleepily as the magic ate away his hands and the tip of tail.

Aurora felt a jolt in her chest. She nearly forgotten about her- their, eggs in all the commotion. Another tear trickled down her face, dripping off her chin and sinking into the soil. "Yes." She murmured, delicately touching Zaffer's neck. "Of course. They'll know everything about you. Your strengths, your faults, your sacrifices. . ." She trailed off, blinded by tears.

Zaffer smiled, the magic now having finished his arms and tail and working it's way towards his torso. "Thank you." He breathed. "I know you'll take good care of them. Just promise me one thing." Both Opal and Aurora nodded solemnly, fighting to keep tears out of their eyes. "Don't ever let me become one of them."

Opal sniffed sadly, bobbing her head in a nod. "Of course, Zaffer." She murmured, her voice a little more than a whisper. "You're way too nice to ever become an evil zombie." Zaffer chuckled. "Thanks, sis." He said teasingly, laughter shining in his fading eyes. "I'm sorry I have to go like this. It's just. . . I had to. I wasn't going to let it kill anyone else."

Now it was Opal who exploded, a sheen of tears staining her own scales. "No!" She cried angrily. "You can't die! You're my brother, for Windsinger's sake. We've been together since the beginning of time! You can't leave now." The nocturne looked like she might have crumbled to dust if someone sneezed too hard, fighting to keep tears from streaming freely down her face.

August came up beside her, his eyes solemn and tearful as he met Zaffer's gaze. The skydancer slowly reached out and settled his wing over Opal's shoulder. She spun around and threw herself onto her mate, burying her head into his chest, sobbing uncontrollably and clutching the skydancer so tightly he didn't seem to be able to breathe.

Aurora would have done the same with Zaffer, but very little of him remained. Despite this, Zaffer looked quite joyful, bearing a permanently pleasant smile on his face. "It doesn't hurt anymore." He croaked again, actually grinning at them. "The pain. . . it's all gone."

The magic was rapidly evaporating his neck now. Aurora reached out with shaky talons, fiercely hugging Zaffer's neck one last time. "I'm glad you've found your peace." She whispered quietly into his ear. "I'll never forget you, you know."

"I wouldn't expect you to." Zaffer murmured in response, his voice filled with affection. "Don't expect me to forget you either, even in death." Aurora blinked tears out of her eyes as his scales began fading to nothingness between her arms. Zaffer finally closed his eyes with a final shuddering sigh, a perfectly peaceful expression on his face as the magic enveloped closed around his head and drifted into the air.

Aurora and everyone else raised their heads to watch as the little sparks rose into the sky, formerly such a good friend they had all known and loved. He was now whisked away by the breeze, nothing more than a memory. Even after the little pink embers had gone, Aurora's gaze lingered on the sky, her tears finally drying.

Zaffer had been at peace when he died. Finally painless after a lifetime of ongoing agony and constant worry. There was nothing more she could have wished for him then to have died happy. The only thing that left her scarred was the now empty hole in her heart. Aurora gingerly grazed her stomach, wondering how she could raise hatchlings who would never know their father.

Aurora felt warm talons on her shoulder and turned her head to see Jade standing over her, a sorrowful, sympathetic expression marking the spiral's face. Though it was felt nice to have the mortherly spiral comfort her, Aurora was still pained to see the hollow look in Jade's eyes, like something essential had been taken from her life.

"Come on." Jade murmured finally, her voice barely more than a husky growl. "Let's go home."

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage
I'm not crying your crying.
I'm not crying your crying.
iVesxec.png
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U EMPERORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE PAIN THE RULERS SHALL SMACK U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED ZAFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZAFFER, WE KNOWN EACH OTHER, FOR SO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /;0;\
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U EMPERORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE PAIN THE RULERS SHALL SMACK U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED ZAFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZAFFER, WE KNOWN EACH OTHER, FOR SO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /;0;\
@Aetherstoem first Infinity War and now this????? I don’t know if we can still be friends...

Just kidding. This gives me way to many feels. and I’m glad you’re taking a hiatus - you deserve it!!! :D
@Aetherstoem first Infinity War and now this????? I don’t know if we can still be friends...

Just kidding. This gives me way to many feels. and I’m glad you’re taking a hiatus - you deserve it!!! :D
3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngb1_by_cas_a_fras-dcn3y3d.png2_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4u0.png
Alright, who's cutting onions???
Alright, who's cutting onions???
W0ar35Y.png
ZAFFER WHYYYYYY

And of course he had to have that conversation with Aurora about not dying. :'(
ZAFFER WHYYYYYY

And of course he had to have that conversation with Aurora about not dying. :'(
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^

Read my Timelocke! I update it with story almost every day!
NOOOOOOO THIS IS STILL NOT EVEN A WIN IF SOMEONE HAS TO DIE LIKE THIS!!!!!!
*PUNCHING SHADE FOR STRESS RELIEF*
Songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlmpVkhV0X4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8XIgR5OGJc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RLLOEzdxsM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erIf9hbJggw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Ae0Wjw3l8
NOOOOOOO THIS IS STILL NOT EVEN A WIN IF SOMEONE HAS TO DIE LIKE THIS!!!!!!
*PUNCHING SHADE FOR STRESS RELIEF*
Songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlmpVkhV0X4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8XIgR5OGJc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RLLOEzdxsM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erIf9hbJggw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Ae0Wjw3l8
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)
OH GOD NO
*dives into the ocean*
*muffled screaming from the water*
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
OH GOD NO
*dives into the ocean*
*muffled screaming from the water*
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
[center][item=small legbones] (Soo. . . I think I lied XP You'll have an update here or there (mainly on weekends), but I'll mostly be swamped with french homework. I also need to get this part done ;) [b]Day 101:[/b] Ash had disappeared overnight. With his bond gone, the little sparrowmouse had no other reason to linger with the rest of the clan. He left in the middle of the night, leaving nothing more than a few shed feathers behind in his wake. Everyone had lapsed into an ongoing silence since the fight, the emperor's savage roars still ringing in their ears. They had all retreated to the cabin immediately after giving Aster and Janus a proper burial, their graves dug out by Rikki's magic. Under the protective roof of the wooden hut, they had all spent a restless night awake, haunted by memories of death and destruction. Something crucial seemed to be missing from their little group without Zaffer fidgeting nervously and taking up space, or Aster bounding joyfully around the room, smashing vases. Even Janus's calmingly charming demeanor was missed, replaced by a heavy sorrow. It was like there was an unspoken competition about who could be the most depressed. Jade had turned into a whole new dragon. She was no longer filled with warmth and was able to comfort anyone with a mere look, but had instead turned into the hollow shell of a dragon, busily staring into nothingness whenever she wasn't scowling at anyone else. Myu was probably the most distraught of all. Zaffer having been his charge, the guardian now refused to eat, sleep, or do anything other than mope around on the floor. His eyes looked nearly as empty as Jade's, only bearing the subtlest hint of emotion whenever he ran Ash's last feathers through his claws, as if willing Zaffer back to life with a thought. Aurora, however, had turned sickly pale overnight. Her formerly vibrant plumage had been leached of it's extravagant color and now matched the complection of marble. She refused to do any more than lift her head, huddled up in a corner and avoiding everyone's eyes. Even when Dawn shuffled over and sat beside her, Aurora did little more than flinch. [b]"These losses were hard for all of us."[/b] The wildclaw murmured softly. [b]"I can't imagine what kind of pain you must be going through."[/b] Aurora stayed silent, showing no sign of having heard the wildclaw. Dawn sighed and continued. [b]"Especially while you're still carrying his eggs."[/b] She added, guilt laced through her voice. [b]"That must be particularly stressful."[/b] Both of them stayed silent for a long time. After some time, Aurora surprisingly opened her mouth to convey a hushed, croaky reply. [b]"He died happy."[/b] She whispered, squeezing her eyes shut. [b]"But he still left me. And our eggs."[/b] Dawn comfortingly settled a wing over Aurora's shoulders. [b]"We're all suffering from his loss."[/b] She admitted. [b]"But at some point we have to let it go. Remember him and honor his memory, but don't let his death stop you from living the rest of your life."[/b] Aurora began shaking slightly, clutching her talons together and breathing deeply, willing herself not to cry. [b]"Dawn."[/b] She muttered horsley, turning her head to meet Dawn's tired gaze. [b]"How'd you end up in the Windswept Plateau?"[/b] The wildclaw actually chuckled at this, a faint smile flickering across her face. [b]"That's an interesting story."[/b] She mused. [b]"But it really started when I decided I wanted to leave my clan."[/b] Aurora glanced up at her, suprised. [b]"Did you not like it there?"[/b] She wondered. Dawn shook her head, some sadness creeping into her voice. [b]"No. It was actually quite nice."[/b] She admitted. [b]"Time was a bit warped there, so no one really grew old. There was also a royal lineage. They were all very kind, but. . ."[/b] Dawn trailed off awkwardly, biting her lip. [b]"My father had a bit of a. . . reputation in the clan."[/b] She continued. [b]"He was known for being shady, but charming. There were many rumors about him. Though I loved my place there, I soon felt I had to leave."[/b] She began fiddling absentmindedly with her claws. [b]"After that, I sort of just wandered into the Windswept plateau and decided to stay there."[/b] She added, cocking a small, teasing smile for herself. [b]"I don't regret my decision yet."[/b] Aurora didn't smile back, but her spirits were lifted by a fraction of an inch. Dawn seemed to sense this, turning her smile to the pale coatl. [b]"I can't force you to rush the healing process."[/b] She said in a hushed murmur. [b]"But I encourage you to remind yourself of remaining joyful aspects in your life."[/b] With one last smile, Dawn stood up and retreated back to her own part of the cabin, leaving Aurora alone again. The coatl was left to pondering her own stories and secrets, wondering if she'd ever find something as meaningful as Zaffer was to her ever again.[/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage[/size] Dawn's backstory is of course based off @CleverDual's clan lore ;) I hope you're okay with me implanting some of your lore in this manner ^^' Also, I changed the format of the front page a little bit :P Might want to check that out because I swapped a few major things around. Edit: Sorry about the repetitive pings ^^'

(Soo. . . I think I lied XP You'll have an update here or there (mainly on weekends), but I'll mostly be swamped with french homework. I also need to get this part done ;)

Day 101:
Ash had disappeared overnight.

With his bond gone, the little sparrowmouse had no other reason to linger with the rest of the clan. He left in the middle of the night, leaving nothing more than a few shed feathers behind in his wake.

Everyone had lapsed into an ongoing silence since the fight, the emperor's savage roars still ringing in their ears. They had all retreated to the cabin immediately after giving Aster and Janus a proper burial, their graves dug out by Rikki's magic. Under the protective roof of the wooden hut, they had all spent a restless night awake, haunted by memories of death and destruction.

Something crucial seemed to be missing from their little group without Zaffer fidgeting nervously and taking up space, or Aster bounding joyfully around the room, smashing vases. Even Janus's calmingly charming demeanor was missed, replaced by a heavy sorrow. It was like there was an unspoken competition about who could be the most depressed.

Jade had turned into a whole new dragon. She was no longer filled with warmth and was able to comfort anyone with a mere look, but had instead turned into the hollow shell of a dragon, busily staring into nothingness whenever she wasn't scowling at anyone else.

Myu was probably the most distraught of all. Zaffer having been his charge, the guardian now refused to eat, sleep, or do anything other than mope around on the floor. His eyes looked nearly as empty as Jade's, only bearing the subtlest hint of emotion whenever he ran Ash's last feathers through his claws, as if willing Zaffer back to life with a thought.

Aurora, however, had turned sickly pale overnight. Her formerly vibrant plumage had been leached of it's extravagant color and now matched the complection of marble. She refused to do any more than lift her head, huddled up in a corner and avoiding everyone's eyes. Even when Dawn shuffled over and sat beside her, Aurora did little more than flinch.

"These losses were hard for all of us." The wildclaw murmured softly. "I can't imagine what kind of pain you must be going through." Aurora stayed silent, showing no sign of having heard the wildclaw. Dawn sighed and continued. "Especially while you're still carrying his eggs." She added, guilt laced through her voice. "That must be particularly stressful."

Both of them stayed silent for a long time. After some time, Aurora surprisingly opened her mouth to convey a hushed, croaky reply. "He died happy." She whispered, squeezing her eyes shut. "But he still left me. And our eggs."

Dawn comfortingly settled a wing over Aurora's shoulders. "We're all suffering from his loss." She admitted. "But at some point we have to let it go. Remember him and honor his memory, but don't let his death stop you from living the rest of your life." Aurora began shaking slightly, clutching her talons together and breathing deeply, willing herself not to cry.

"Dawn." She muttered horsley, turning her head to meet Dawn's tired gaze. "How'd you end up in the Windswept Plateau?" The wildclaw actually chuckled at this, a faint smile flickering across her face. "That's an interesting story." She mused. "But it really started when I decided I wanted to leave my clan."

Aurora glanced up at her, suprised. "Did you not like it there?" She wondered. Dawn shook her head, some sadness creeping into her voice. "No. It was actually quite nice." She admitted. "Time was a bit warped there, so no one really grew old. There was also a royal lineage. They were all very kind, but. . ." Dawn trailed off awkwardly, biting her lip.

"My father had a bit of a. . . reputation in the clan." She continued. "He was known for being shady, but charming. There were many rumors about him. Though I loved my place there, I soon felt I had to leave." She began fiddling absentmindedly with her claws.

"After that, I sort of just wandered into the Windswept plateau and decided to stay there." She added, cocking a small, teasing smile for herself. "I don't regret my decision yet." Aurora didn't smile back, but her spirits were lifted by a fraction of an inch. Dawn seemed to sense this, turning her smile to the pale coatl.

"I can't force you to rush the healing process." She said in a hushed murmur. "But I encourage you to remind yourself of remaining joyful aspects in your life." With one last smile, Dawn stood up and retreated back to her own part of the cabin, leaving Aurora alone again. The coatl was left to pondering her own stories and secrets, wondering if she'd ever find something as meaningful as Zaffer was to her ever again.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage
Dawn's backstory is of course based off @CleverDual's clan lore ;) I hope you're okay with me implanting some of your lore in this manner ^^'

Also, I changed the format of the front page a little bit :P
Might want to check that out because I swapped a few major things around.

Edit: Sorry about the repetitive pings ^^'
no
nononononooo
i didn't read the page before this
NOO.
NOOOOOOOOOO.....
NO.
NOOO.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MY SECOND FAVORITE CHARACTER NOO
;-;
you better have the most adorable babs ever, Aurora..
no
nononononooo
i didn't read the page before this
NOO.
NOOOOOOOOOO.....
NO.
NOOO.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MY SECOND FAVORITE CHARACTER NOO
;-;
you better have the most adorable babs ever, Aurora..
drastrciallyfantastic.gif pong.png Check out my threads!
1 2 ... 147 148 149 150 151 ... 247 248