Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 247 248
[center][item=jasper] (I've finally managed to do some digital art, but I don't know how to upload it ^^') [b]Day 93:[/b] [b]"Stay here, Het."[/b] Stiletto demanded firmly, blinking hot tears out of her eyes. Hester protested ferociously, clinging to Stiletto's talons and mewling in protest, squirming back into her arms every time Stiletto tried hiding her in the safe shadows of the underbrush. Stiletto grit her teeth, trying to overcome the sadness that clung to her at the thought of having to leave Hester alone out in the forest, unprotected and left vulnerable to other dangers. [b]"No, Hester."[/b] She repeated again, firmly shoving the hatchling beneath the cover of the bushes, ignoring how Hester scrambled to stay in her arms. [b]"You've got to stay here. . ."[/b] Silence made an irritated huffing noise, pacing impatiently behind Stiletto. Stiletto forced herself to ignore this, finally managing to settle Hester down in the cover of the bushes, feeling tears slide down her face. Hester mewled sadly, looking on the verge of tears herself. [b]"No going."[/b] The hatchling whispered slowly, in a voice so small Stiletto could barely hear it. [b]"Mommy, pwease. No going!"[/b] Stiletto bit her tongue, fighting back a sob that attempted to fight it's way out of her throat. [b]"Mommy has to go, Het."[/b] She whispered hoarsely, gently clasping one of Hester's talons in her own. [b]"But mommy will be back very soon."[/b] Hester blinked up at her mother, her wonderfully pale green eyes glittering with tears. [b]"Do you pwomise?"[/b] She squeaked hopefully, tightly clutching Stiletto's talons. Stiletto nodded slowly, looking Hester directly in the eye. [b]"I promise."[/b] She agreed quietly, struggling to hide the sorrow in her voice. [b]"But until mommy comes back, you need to be silent, okay?"[/b] Hester made a small noise, like a mix between a hiccup and a giggle. [b]"Shhhh!"[/b] She insisted, holding a claw against Stiletto's snout. Stiletto forced a little laugh, sadness clawing at her heart. [b]"Yes, shhhh."[/b] She echoed sadly, unable to smile. Stiletto reached out and squeezed Hester's talons one last time. She craned her neck to hover beside Hester's head. [b]"I'll be back soon."[/b] She added in a quiet whisper. [b]"I promise."[/b] Hester reached for Stiletto, but the mirror had already withdrawn, forcing herself away from her hatchling. The last thing she heard was Hester mewling sadly after her, before Stiletto tore herself away and stalked towards Silence, who watched her with cold, calculating eyes. [b]"Stop [i]staring[/i] at me."[/b] Stiletto snapped, her tail lashing furiously. [b]"Let's go before I change my mind."[/b] Silence rolled her eyes and marched off, silently lifting into the air after she left the shadows of the forest. Maddox hurridley followed, looking awkward. Stiletto scowled and followed the two of them, casting one last glance at the bush Hester was concealed in. She was hidden at the very edge of the forest, enough to be shielded from prying eyes, but not too deep in that she would attract unwanted company. It might as well have been her imagination, but Stiletto swore she could see the bush rustle and a set of four green eyes peering curiously at her from underneath the drooping leaves. Stiletto shook her head vigorously and turned away, spreading her wings and taking to the sky after her two comrades. Stiletto pumped her wings against the air, soaring over Maddox's head as he cautiously surveyed the lake far below. Silence shot Stiletto a bitter look, probably annoyed at how much nimbler Stiletto was than her in the air, being a far smaller dragon. [b]"What's the plan?"[/b] Stiletto growled, avoiding Silence's hostile gaze. Maddox somehow managed to shrug in midair, looking rather worried. [b]"Dunno."[/b] He mumbled anxiously. [b]"Silence hasn't revealed anything to me yet."[/b] He added, glancing at the imperial with a surprising amount of anger. [b]"Really?"[/b] Silence snapped, wheeling on the imperial. [b]"You drag me all the way out here, away from my daughter, and you expect us to wing it?"[/b] Silence glowered at her, her lips pulled back in a grimace. [b]"She's asking if you have a plan instead.'[/b] Maddox asked as poleitly as possible, fluttering up beside Stiletto. [b]"You're the leader of this operation!"[/b] Stiletto retorted sharply. [b]"You're supposed to give the orders! Not some ugly lowlife like me."[/b] She added bitterly. Silence glared at her, looking rather dejected. [b]"She says fine."[/b] Maddox explained, his gaze distractedly skimming the landscape below. [b]"And that we could just take them by force."[/b] Stiletto rolled her eyes. [b]"Oh yes, brilliant. That's simply a [i]great[/i] plan!"[/b] She enthused sarcastically. Silence narrowed her eyes suspiciously at the mirror. [b]"She wants to know if you're joking."[/b] Maddox muttered dryly. Stiletto snorted. [b]"Of [i]course[/i] not!"[/b] She continued in the same tone. [b]"I'm simply portraying my enthusiasm at what an [i]amazing[/i] plan that is!"[/b] Silence surveyed her skeptically. Stiletto rolled her eyes again. [b]"Seriously, how'd you get this job?"[/b] She asked pointedly. Silence huffed irritably, turning away. Maddox's scowl deepened, something very uncharacteristic of him. [b]"She wants you to sneak in and grab the hatchling while he's apart from the rest."[/b] He explained stiffly, still not meeting their gaze. [b]"Then she can swoop in and we'll make for the hills and never come back here again."[/b] Stiletto groaned. [b]"How am I supposed to just grab him like that?"[/b] She demanded, swiveling around to face the imperial. [b]"He's got friends; you know this! They'll spot me before I could even get near him. Send Maddox as a distraction or something."[/b] She added, wrinkling her nose at the skydancer, who had now proceeded to frown deeply at the lake below. Silence rolled her eyes, but Maddox said [b]"She agrees with your plan and thinks it's fine. Even though you're an 'ugly lowlife'."[/b] He added, finally tearing his gaze away from the lake. [b]"Does anybody else feel how weird this place is?"[/b] He asked cautiously, the usual nervous lilt in his voice surfacing again. Silence snorted in exasperation, completely ignoring the skydancer. Maddox retreated, looking hurt, but still freakishly worried about the body of water far below. Stiletto waited a few moments, beating her wings to absolute silence. [b]"Are we waiting for the sun to set?"[/b] She snarled. [b]"I've got a hatchling to get back to! Let's move!"[/b] Neither Maddox nor Silence moved. Stiletto rolled her eyes and shoved at Maddox, nearly pushing him out of the sky. [b]"It's your job we need done first."[/b] She snarled pointedly. [b]"So go do it before I'm tempted to rip your throat out."[/b] Maddox swallowed nervously and immediately soared away, casting yet another nervous glance at the water. Stiletto and Silence shared a quick glance filled with meaning, then wordlessly turned and flew after the skydancer, lingering close to the ground. Silence broke off quite a ways from the lake, crouching in the shadows of the buildings that stood nearby. Stiletto made a soft landing near the bridge that arched over the center of the lake, ducking behind it's thick wooden railings. The mirror pricked her ears as the joyful cries of several hatchlings were carried by the wind, one she recognized quite distinctly. These sounds were soon accompanied by Maddox's faint footsteps. The snapping of a twig. The rustling of leaves. [i]That idiot's smarter than I give him credit for.[/i] Stiletto realized with a start, peeking out from behind the bridge. She quickly spotted the wildclaw hatchling, wandering quite a ways apart from the rest of his group, his head turning curiously from side to side as he searched for the source of the noise. Stiletto spotted a flash of crimson feathers, and turned her head to meet Maddox's orange-eyed gaze for half a second. The skydancer inclined his head in the tiniest of nods, before turning away and vanishing, having retreated without another sound. Stiletto flexed her claws and stood up, partially dreading what she had to do next. But she hadn't done so much as step forward before a shadow fell over her and large blue claws circled her neck. Stiletto froze, not daring to breathe. Then her assailant spoke in a nervously wavering, but still hostile, voice. [b]"Don't. Move."[/b][/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @Petall @L1llysage @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser[/size] You know who it is, right? [i]Please[/i] tell me you know who it is! [size=2][s]it's zaffer[/s][/size]

(I've finally managed to do some digital art, but I don't know how to upload it ^^')

Day 93:
"Stay here, Het." Stiletto demanded firmly, blinking hot tears out of her eyes. Hester protested ferociously, clinging to Stiletto's talons and mewling in protest, squirming back into her arms every time Stiletto tried hiding her in the safe shadows of the underbrush.

Stiletto grit her teeth, trying to overcome the sadness that clung to her at the thought of having to leave Hester alone out in the forest, unprotected and left vulnerable to other dangers. "No, Hester." She repeated again, firmly shoving the hatchling beneath the cover of the bushes, ignoring how Hester scrambled to stay in her arms. "You've got to stay here. . ."

Silence made an irritated huffing noise, pacing impatiently behind Stiletto. Stiletto forced herself to ignore this, finally managing to settle Hester down in the cover of the bushes, feeling tears slide down her face. Hester mewled sadly, looking on the verge of tears herself. "No going." The hatchling whispered slowly, in a voice so small Stiletto could barely hear it. "Mommy, pwease. No going!"

Stiletto bit her tongue, fighting back a sob that attempted to fight it's way out of her throat. "Mommy has to go, Het." She whispered hoarsely, gently clasping one of Hester's talons in her own. "But mommy will be back very soon."

Hester blinked up at her mother, her wonderfully pale green eyes glittering with tears. "Do you pwomise?" She squeaked hopefully, tightly clutching Stiletto's talons. Stiletto nodded slowly, looking Hester directly in the eye. "I promise." She agreed quietly, struggling to hide the sorrow in her voice. "But until mommy comes back, you need to be silent, okay?"

Hester made a small noise, like a mix between a hiccup and a giggle. "Shhhh!" She insisted, holding a claw against Stiletto's snout. Stiletto forced a little laugh, sadness clawing at her heart. "Yes, shhhh." She echoed sadly, unable to smile.

Stiletto reached out and squeezed Hester's talons one last time. She craned her neck to hover beside Hester's head. "I'll be back soon." She added in a quiet whisper. "I promise." Hester reached for Stiletto, but the mirror had already withdrawn, forcing herself away from her hatchling. The last thing she heard was Hester mewling sadly after her, before Stiletto tore herself away and stalked towards Silence, who watched her with cold, calculating eyes.

"Stop staring at me." Stiletto snapped, her tail lashing furiously. "Let's go before I change my mind." Silence rolled her eyes and marched off, silently lifting into the air after she left the shadows of the forest. Maddox hurridley followed, looking awkward.

Stiletto scowled and followed the two of them, casting one last glance at the bush Hester was concealed in. She was hidden at the very edge of the forest, enough to be shielded from prying eyes, but not too deep in that she would attract unwanted company. It might as well have been her imagination, but Stiletto swore she could see the bush rustle and a set of four green eyes peering curiously at her from underneath the drooping leaves.

Stiletto shook her head vigorously and turned away, spreading her wings and taking to the sky after her two comrades. Stiletto pumped her wings against the air, soaring over Maddox's head as he cautiously surveyed the lake far below. Silence shot Stiletto a bitter look, probably annoyed at how much nimbler Stiletto was than her in the air, being a far smaller dragon.

"What's the plan?" Stiletto growled, avoiding Silence's hostile gaze. Maddox somehow managed to shrug in midair, looking rather worried. "Dunno." He mumbled anxiously. "Silence hasn't revealed anything to me yet." He added, glancing at the imperial with a surprising amount of anger.

"Really?" Silence snapped, wheeling on the imperial. "You drag me all the way out here, away from my daughter, and you expect us to wing it?" Silence glowered at her, her lips pulled back in a grimace. "She's asking if you have a plan instead.' Maddox asked as poleitly as possible, fluttering up beside Stiletto.

"You're the leader of this operation!" Stiletto retorted sharply. "You're supposed to give the orders! Not some ugly lowlife like me." She added bitterly. Silence glared at her, looking rather dejected. "She says fine." Maddox explained, his gaze distractedly skimming the landscape below. "And that we could just take them by force."

Stiletto rolled her eyes. "Oh yes, brilliant. That's simply a great plan!" She enthused sarcastically. Silence narrowed her eyes suspiciously at the mirror. "She wants to know if you're joking." Maddox muttered dryly.

Stiletto snorted. "Of course not!" She continued in the same tone. "I'm simply portraying my enthusiasm at what an amazing plan that is!" Silence surveyed her skeptically. Stiletto rolled her eyes again. "Seriously, how'd you get this job?" She asked pointedly.

Silence huffed irritably, turning away. Maddox's scowl deepened, something very uncharacteristic of him. "She wants you to sneak in and grab the hatchling while he's apart from the rest." He explained stiffly, still not meeting their gaze. "Then she can swoop in and we'll make for the hills and never come back here again."

Stiletto groaned. "How am I supposed to just grab him like that?" She demanded, swiveling around to face the imperial. "He's got friends; you know this! They'll spot me before I could even get near him. Send Maddox as a distraction or something." She added, wrinkling her nose at the skydancer, who had now proceeded to frown deeply at the lake below.

Silence rolled her eyes, but Maddox said "She agrees with your plan and thinks it's fine. Even though you're an 'ugly lowlife'." He added, finally tearing his gaze away from the lake. "Does anybody else feel how weird this place is?" He asked cautiously, the usual nervous lilt in his voice surfacing again.

Silence snorted in exasperation, completely ignoring the skydancer. Maddox retreated, looking hurt, but still freakishly worried about the body of water far below. Stiletto waited a few moments, beating her wings to absolute silence. "Are we waiting for the sun to set?" She snarled. "I've got a hatchling to get back to! Let's move!"

Neither Maddox nor Silence moved.

Stiletto rolled her eyes and shoved at Maddox, nearly pushing him out of the sky. "It's your job we need done first." She snarled pointedly. "So go do it before I'm tempted to rip your throat out." Maddox swallowed nervously and immediately soared away, casting yet another nervous glance at the water.

Stiletto and Silence shared a quick glance filled with meaning, then wordlessly turned and flew after the skydancer, lingering close to the ground. Silence broke off quite a ways from the lake, crouching in the shadows of the buildings that stood nearby. Stiletto made a soft landing near the bridge that arched over the center of the lake, ducking behind it's thick wooden railings.

The mirror pricked her ears as the joyful cries of several hatchlings were carried by the wind, one she recognized quite distinctly. These sounds were soon accompanied by Maddox's faint footsteps. The snapping of a twig. The rustling of leaves.

That idiot's smarter than I give him credit for. Stiletto realized with a start, peeking out from behind the bridge. She quickly spotted the wildclaw hatchling, wandering quite a ways apart from the rest of his group, his head turning curiously from side to side as he searched for the source of the noise.

Stiletto spotted a flash of crimson feathers, and turned her head to meet Maddox's orange-eyed gaze for half a second. The skydancer inclined his head in the tiniest of nods, before turning away and vanishing, having retreated without another sound.

Stiletto flexed her claws and stood up, partially dreading what she had to do next. But she hadn't done so much as step forward before a shadow fell over her and large blue claws circled her neck. Stiletto froze, not daring to breathe. Then her assailant spoke in a nervously wavering, but still hostile, voice.

"Don't. Move."

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @Petall @L1llysage @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser
You know who it is, right?
Please tell me you know who it is!

it's zaffer
</3 HES NOOOOOOOOOO THAT FELT SO BAAAAADDDDD
have you tried imgur for uploading
</3 HES NOOOOOOOOOO THAT FELT SO BAAAAADDDDD
have you tried imgur for uploading
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
YESHHHHH ZAFFEERRR
YESHHHHH ZAFFEERRR
drastrciallyfantastic.gif pong.png Check out my threads!
YAY Maddox GOT CAUGHT XD
YAY Maddox GOT CAUGHT XD
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)
No, Maddox didn't get caught.
No, Maddox didn't get caught.
ZAFFER ZAFFER ZAFFER
and then het attacks him because she secretly followed mommy
ZAFFER ZAFFER ZAFFER
and then het attacks him because she secretly followed mommy
iVesxec.png
ZAFFER SAVES THE DAY!

I just hope Het doesn't suffer for it...
ZAFFER SAVES THE DAY!

I just hope Het doesn't suffer for it...
tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dcm2381.png3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngCorgii.png
nononononononooooo

don't kill stiletto!!! hester will be sad :'(
nononononononooooo

don't kill stiletto!!! hester will be sad :'(
2019-08-22.png
[center][item=blood spath] ([b]Warning:[/b] This update might be a bit traumatic; do not read if you are easily traumatized!) [b]Day 94:[/b] Stiletto didn't dare move, or even breathe, as massive blue claws pressed themselves against her throat. Her attacker's voice was vaguely familiar, and she had a faint recollection of a sky-colored imperial yelling insults as she first tried to sell off Odyssey. [b]"You."[/b] She spat bitterly, the talons clutching her neck slowly crushing her windpipes. The dragon behind her huffed in exasperation. [b]"Yes, [i]me[/i]."[/b] He replied dryly. [b]"What about [i]you[/i]? What are you doing here? [i]Again[/i]?"[/b] [b]"Get your claws off me and I'll tell you."[/b] Stiletto choked out. The claws reluctantly lifted from her neck and Stiletto turned to find the imperial scowling deeply at her, his tail twitching disapprovingly. Stiletto tensed herself, ready to bolt, until two approaching shapes shattered all her hopes of escape. The imperial was soon joined by a coatl, who defensively positioned herself in front of him despite her small size. This gave Stiletto the impression that they were mates, which caused her a fresh pang of renewed sadness as she remembered her own. A young, startlingly blue spiral also joined the other two, casting worried glances at the shadows as if he were searching for something. [b]"So?"[/b] The imperial inquired in a stiff tone. [b]"Why are you here?"[/b] Stiletto rolled her eyes, trying to look excessively bored, which was hard, because the spiral had started poking his nose into every shadow nearby and calling a name she didn't recognize. [b]"The same reason why I was here last time."[/b] She replied simply, meeting the coatl's steely gaze with a glare of her own. [b]"Odyssey?"[/b] The imperial asked, his voice oddly pinched as he cast a look over Stiletto's shoulder. [b]"Why's he so important to you?"[/b] Stiletto huffed irritably. [b]"Not [i]me[/i]."[/b] She muttered. [b]"My colleagues, who somehow thought this was a good idea."[/b] The coatl cocked her head curiously. [b]"Colleagues?"[/b] She echoed, a sort of passionate spark in her vivid blue eyes. [b]"There's more of you?"[/b] Stiletto snorted. [b]"They're certainly not more of [i]you[/i]."[/b] She snapped pointedly. [b]"Though I can't say I'm delighted to have anything in common with them."[/b] The coatl snorted too, rolling her eyes. [b]"Then why do you agree to work with them?"[/b] [b]"Because I owe someone."[/b] Stiletto snapped back. [b]"Anyways, this is getting excessively boring. Can I go now?"[/b] She started scooting backwards, but the imperial's hand shot out and he pinned her tail to the ground before she could get too far. [b]"No."[/b] He said earnestly, as if it wasn't already completely obvious. [b]"We won't let you leave until we're sure you'll never come back."[/b] Stiletto wrinkled her nose at him distastefully. [b]"Go ahead then."[/b] She offered with a gut-wrenching stab of fear that he would really do it. [b]"Kill me."[/b] The imperial shared a startled look with the coatl, who looked just as incredulous as he did. [b]"Why would we do that?"[/b] The imperial asked nervously. Stiletto chuckled, ignoring the waves of relief that crashed over her at this response. [b]"It's the only way to get rid of me."[/b] She told them with a casual shrug. [b]"[i]Duh[/i]."[/b] The imperial wrinkled his nose at her, as if he sincerely doubted this. [b]"Really?"[/b] He asked, his tail twitching thoughtfully. [b]"We can't, like, annoy you until you decide to go away?"[/b] Stiletto suprised herself by snorting with laughter. [b]"No."[/b] She admitted. [b]"But it'd be awfully close to actually working."[/b] The coatl sighed dramatically. [b]"That's too bad."[/b] She murmured. [b]"Any other way we could possibly bribe you?"[/b] Stiletto grinned. [b]"Why, of course."[/b] She reminded them with a sly smirk. [b]"Giving me that one wildclaw hatchling you're so determined to protect."[/b] The two dragons before her both stared at her, bemused. [b]"We're not giving you Odyssey."[/b] the coatl snapped firmly. [b]"Why is he so important?"[/b] Stiletto scowled deeply at the dragoness, her patience running thin. [b]"Something about his ancestry."[/b] She muttered. [b]"Warrior father, scholar mother. High price. Are we done now?"[/b] The mirror asked again. [b]"My ancestry?"[/b] A new voice asked timidly from behind her. [b]"You know something about my parents?"[/b] Stiletto turned her head to see the familiar, all-white wildclaw hatchling standing a tail-length behind her, hopeful curiosity visible on his face, shadowed by the obvious hate that dominated his soft features. [b]"Me?"[/b] Stiletto echoed. [b]"Deities no! My boss probably does though. If only she'd show up and [i]try to rescue me[/i]."[/b] She added pointedly. The wildclaw hatchling, apparently having been named Odyssey, narrowed eyes at her, his claws twitching ominously. [b]"You might as well leave me alone then."[/b] He growled menacingly. [b]"Me [i]and[/i] my friends!"[/b] Stiletto lazily flicked her tail. [b]"Look, kid."[/b] She sneered, eyes darting around for any sign of a rescue. [b]"I want to be here just as much as [i]you[/i] want me to be here."[/b] She lowered her head to mirror the young dragon's deep scowl. [b]"So do everyone a favor and just agree to come quietly before I'm tempted to attack your sniveling little friends."[/b] It happened to fast Stiletto barely had time to register much of it. One second she and Odyssey were glaring at each other, and in another she felt a blazing pain across her cheek and was thrown back across the ground, bleeding profusely from a gash in the side of her head. Stiletto staggered to her feet, blinking blood out of her eyes and trying to fight back the fresh rage and aggression that burst to life inside her chest. Then suddenly a huge shape soared overhead, large wings beating the air, and Silence descended from the sky and clashed claw-to-claw with Odyssey, who was tossed away as easily as a ragdoll, being a tenth of the imperial's size. Silence's eyes were alight with fury, her tongue flicking out of her mouth in a soundless hiss as she stalked toward the limp, shivering shape of the dragonet. She was cut off as the other blue imperial crashed into her side, shoving Silence away from Odyssey, a low growl emanating from his throat. Silence scowled at him and lunged as quick as an adder, her claws circling his throat as she tried to force the other imperial to the ground. The blue dragon gasped a stumbled back, and in a flourish of magenta sparks and odd explosion-like noises Silence was blown away from her attacker, her white scales singed black and faintly glowing with arcane energy. A screech of fury was torn from Stiletto's mouth and she flung herself at the blue imperial, raking her claws over the shimmering scales that lined his neck. He yelped in pain, stumbling under the mirror's weight. Suddenly Stiletto felt something painful collide with her ribcage, sending an electric shock through her and throwing her off the imperial and into the ground. Stiletto staggered to her feet, ignoring the mingling pain from flesh wounds and lightning strikes that numbed her senses. The coatl threw herself defensively in front of the imperial, who cringed away, moaning in pain as he clutched his neck. Stiletto braced herself, coiling back to strike once more, when a startled yelp and the sound of a vacuum cleaner being turned inside out resounded from behind her. Everyone whirled in the direction of the noise, momentarily forgetting the fight. The spiral Stiletto had noticed earlier was now fretting over a shape that had seemed to just tumble out of the shadows, curled up into a tight, shivering ball. [b]"Lost. Lost. Lost."[/b] The spiral said, over and over again. [b]"Lost. Come on, Lost. You're alive. You're alive. You have to be alive."[/b] He seemed to be fighting back tears. With trembling hands, the spiral reached out and shook the dragon's shoulders vigorously, quite visibly biting back sobs. In a sudden movement, the dragon sat up and drew in a large, startled breath, revealing herself to be a pearlcatcher, dark scars marking her moon-white scales. [b]"Lost!"[/b] The spiral cried jubilantly, flinging his arms around her neck. The pearlcatcher didn't seem to notice him. She turned her head and surveyed the landscape with eerily glowing eyes, which eventually came to a rest on Stiletto. The pearlcatcher's entire face seemed to fall, and she slumped over in the spiral's arms, weakly raising an arm towards Stiletto. [b]"No."[/b] Lost croaked weakly. [b]"No, don't! Please. Not her either."[/b] She tore herself from Arion's arms and collapsed in a heap on the floor, tears tinged with darkness now streaking down her face. [b]"Not her. Not her."[/b] She whispered repetitively, cradling herself as she rocked back and forth on the ground. Stiletto began to back away, terrified as a sickening sense of foreboding seemed to wrap itself around her shoulders, refusing to let go. Suddenly something dark and cold and overwhelmingly powerful smashed into her side, throwing Stiletto across the field, leaving her crippled and panting hard on the hard ground. The pearlcatcher surged up, her eyes wild. [b]"[i]No[/i]!"[/b] She cried forcefully through the sobs that fought their way out of her mouth. Stiletto barely had time to inhale before another wave of darkness cascaded over her and she was thrown yet again through the air, as limp as a puppet, too weakened to fight back. Stiletto could almost hear her spine crack as she was thrown fiercely into a large rock that jutted out of the earth, casting a menacing shadow that seemed to swim before Stiletto's eyes. The shadow seemed to grow teeth. . . eyes. . . faces. . . so many faces. Faces with eyes and teeth that seemed to tear into her soul, hungrily eyeing the weak mirror. Stiletto struggled to fight back, unable to get air into her lungs or to force her legs to move. She lay beneath this being of power, weak and helpless as it circled around her like a hungry shark. Stiletto managed to break through the unmoving fear that gripped her heart and opened her mouth ever so slightly, forcing a word out of her mouth. [b]"Come."[/b] She croaked softly, meeting the pearlcatcher's gaze. The dragonet immediately darted over, guilt written into every visible line on her face, reaching out to pull Stiletto to safety. She couldn't bear to move, urging more words out of her mouth. [b]"My-"[/b] She broke off, a fist of cold clenching around her throat. The pearlcatcher frantically tried to grab Stiletto's hand and pull her to safety, her arms shaking too hard to get a firm grip. [b]"What?"[/b] She asked wildly, her voice cracking. [b]"Your what? I'll do anything to help! [i]Please[/i]! I'm sorry!"[/b] The dragonet cried desperately, meeting Stiletto's gaze. [b]"My earring."[/b] She muttered. The pearlcatcher's eyes travelled up to Stiletto's left ear fin, where a beautiful pearl earring hung. The only thing Kodiak had given Stiletto, other than Hester. The symbol of their relationship, which had remained, dangling on Stiletto's ear far after Kodiak had gone. . . [b]"Take it off."[/b] Stiletto added, too weakened to cry. Without replying, the pearlcatcher reached forward and gently unclipped the delicate gemstone, carefully cupping it carefully in her talons. [b]"Anything else?"[/b] She asked softly, meeting Stiletto's eyes with a sorrowful gaze. [b]"My daughter."[/b] Stiletto whispered huskily, feeling her consciousness slip away. [b]"Your daughter?"[/b] The dragonet echoed gently. Stiletto couldn't nod, but the pearlcatcher must had read her answer in the four red eyes staring up at her. [b]"What about your daughter?"[/b] [b]"Help her."[/b] Stiletto croaked. [b]"Hidden. Forest. No. . . no father."[/b] She panted, gulping a minimal amount of air into her lungs. The pearlcatcher nodded faintly, reaching out and softly taking Stiletto's talons in her own. The living touch warmed Stiletto to her bones, and she managed the faintest of smiles, the ghost of a grin flitting across her face. [b]"I'll take care of your daughter."[/b] The pearlcatcher promised, squeezing Stiletto's talons. [b]"She'll be safe with us."[/b] Stiletto exhaled slowly, letting her words sink in. With them Stiletto managed to calm herself, content with her life in the few precious moments she had left. [b]"Her. . ."[/b] She added slowly in a raspy voice lined with thorns. [b]"Her name is Hester."[/b] Then the last wisp of breath escaped her lungs, and Stiletto's body became still with a final shudder. Her empty scarlet eyes gazed up at Lost's face, which was now stained with tears, the pearlcatcher still clutching the dead dragon's hand. Then, without another sound, the shade drew back and descended upon the dead mirror, plunging into the earth. It swept Stiletto's body along with it, retreating back into the depths of darkness. As the final wisps of darkness vanished into the solid earth, where Stiletto had been moments before was nothing but empty space. Lost's gaze lingered upon the spot where she'd last seen the dead mirror, her talons now empty and very, very cold.[/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @Petall @L1llysage @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser[/size] I didn't realize I was crying while I wrote this until the very end ;-;

(Warning: This update might be a bit traumatic; do not read if you are easily traumatized!)

Day 94:
Stiletto didn't dare move, or even breathe, as massive blue claws pressed themselves against her throat. Her attacker's voice was vaguely familiar, and she had a faint recollection of a sky-colored imperial yelling insults as she first tried to sell off Odyssey.

"You." She spat bitterly, the talons clutching her neck slowly crushing her windpipes. The dragon behind her huffed in exasperation. "Yes, me." He replied dryly. "What about you? What are you doing here? Again?"

"Get your claws off me and I'll tell you." Stiletto choked out. The claws reluctantly lifted from her neck and Stiletto turned to find the imperial scowling deeply at her, his tail twitching disapprovingly. Stiletto tensed herself, ready to bolt, until two approaching shapes shattered all her hopes of escape.

The imperial was soon joined by a coatl, who defensively positioned herself in front of him despite her small size. This gave Stiletto the impression that they were mates, which caused her a fresh pang of renewed sadness as she remembered her own. A young, startlingly blue spiral also joined the other two, casting worried glances at the shadows as if he were searching for something.

"So?" The imperial inquired in a stiff tone. "Why are you here?" Stiletto rolled her eyes, trying to look excessively bored, which was hard, because the spiral had started poking his nose into every shadow nearby and calling a name she didn't recognize.

"The same reason why I was here last time." She replied simply, meeting the coatl's steely gaze with a glare of her own. "Odyssey?" The imperial asked, his voice oddly pinched as he cast a look over Stiletto's shoulder. "Why's he so important to you?"

Stiletto huffed irritably. "Not me." She muttered. "My colleagues, who somehow thought this was a good idea." The coatl cocked her head curiously. "Colleagues?" She echoed, a sort of passionate spark in her vivid blue eyes. "There's more of you?"

Stiletto snorted. "They're certainly not more of you." She snapped pointedly. "Though I can't say I'm delighted to have anything in common with them." The coatl snorted too, rolling her eyes. "Then why do you agree to work with them?"

"Because I owe someone." Stiletto snapped back. "Anyways, this is getting excessively boring. Can I go now?" She started scooting backwards, but the imperial's hand shot out and he pinned her tail to the ground before she could get too far.

"No." He said earnestly, as if it wasn't already completely obvious. "We won't let you leave until we're sure you'll never come back." Stiletto wrinkled her nose at him distastefully. "Go ahead then." She offered with a gut-wrenching stab of fear that he would really do it. "Kill me."

The imperial shared a startled look with the coatl, who looked just as incredulous as he did. "Why would we do that?" The imperial asked nervously. Stiletto chuckled, ignoring the waves of relief that crashed over her at this response. "It's the only way to get rid of me." She told them with a casual shrug. "Duh."

The imperial wrinkled his nose at her, as if he sincerely doubted this. "Really?" He asked, his tail twitching thoughtfully. "We can't, like, annoy you until you decide to go away?" Stiletto suprised herself by snorting with laughter. "No." She admitted. "But it'd be awfully close to actually working."

The coatl sighed dramatically. "That's too bad." She murmured. "Any other way we could possibly bribe you?" Stiletto grinned. "Why, of course." She reminded them with a sly smirk. "Giving me that one wildclaw hatchling you're so determined to protect."

The two dragons before her both stared at her, bemused. "We're not giving you Odyssey." the coatl snapped firmly. "Why is he so important?" Stiletto scowled deeply at the dragoness, her patience running thin.

"Something about his ancestry." She muttered. "Warrior father, scholar mother. High price. Are we done now?" The mirror asked again. "My ancestry?" A new voice asked timidly from behind her. "You know something about my parents?"

Stiletto turned her head to see the familiar, all-white wildclaw hatchling standing a tail-length behind her, hopeful curiosity visible on his face, shadowed by the obvious hate that dominated his soft features. "Me?" Stiletto echoed. "Deities no! My boss probably does though. If only she'd show up and try to rescue me." She added pointedly.

The wildclaw hatchling, apparently having been named Odyssey, narrowed eyes at her, his claws twitching ominously. "You might as well leave me alone then." He growled menacingly. "Me and my friends!"

Stiletto lazily flicked her tail. "Look, kid." She sneered, eyes darting around for any sign of a rescue. "I want to be here just as much as you want me to be here." She lowered her head to mirror the young dragon's deep scowl. "So do everyone a favor and just agree to come quietly before I'm tempted to attack your sniveling little friends."

It happened to fast Stiletto barely had time to register much of it. One second she and Odyssey were glaring at each other, and in another she felt a blazing pain across her cheek and was thrown back across the ground, bleeding profusely from a gash in the side of her head.

Stiletto staggered to her feet, blinking blood out of her eyes and trying to fight back the fresh rage and aggression that burst to life inside her chest. Then suddenly a huge shape soared overhead, large wings beating the air, and Silence descended from the sky and clashed claw-to-claw with Odyssey, who was tossed away as easily as a ragdoll, being a tenth of the imperial's size.

Silence's eyes were alight with fury, her tongue flicking out of her mouth in a soundless hiss as she stalked toward the limp, shivering shape of the dragonet. She was cut off as the other blue imperial crashed into her side, shoving Silence away from Odyssey, a low growl emanating from his throat.

Silence scowled at him and lunged as quick as an adder, her claws circling his throat as she tried to force the other imperial to the ground. The blue dragon gasped a stumbled back, and in a flourish of magenta sparks and odd explosion-like noises Silence was blown away from her attacker, her white scales singed black and faintly glowing with arcane energy.

A screech of fury was torn from Stiletto's mouth and she flung herself at the blue imperial, raking her claws over the shimmering scales that lined his neck. He yelped in pain, stumbling under the mirror's weight. Suddenly Stiletto felt something painful collide with her ribcage, sending an electric shock through her and throwing her off the imperial and into the ground.

Stiletto staggered to her feet, ignoring the mingling pain from flesh wounds and lightning strikes that numbed her senses. The coatl threw herself defensively in front of the imperial, who cringed away, moaning in pain as he clutched his neck. Stiletto braced herself, coiling back to strike once more, when a startled yelp and the sound of a vacuum cleaner being turned inside out resounded from behind her.

Everyone whirled in the direction of the noise, momentarily forgetting the fight. The spiral Stiletto had noticed earlier was now fretting over a shape that had seemed to just tumble out of the shadows, curled up into a tight, shivering ball. "Lost. Lost. Lost." The spiral said, over and over again. "Lost. Come on, Lost. You're alive. You're alive. You have to be alive."

He seemed to be fighting back tears. With trembling hands, the spiral reached out and shook the dragon's shoulders vigorously, quite visibly biting back sobs. In a sudden movement, the dragon sat up and drew in a large, startled breath, revealing herself to be a pearlcatcher, dark scars marking her moon-white scales.

"Lost!" The spiral cried jubilantly, flinging his arms around her neck. The pearlcatcher didn't seem to notice him. She turned her head and surveyed the landscape with eerily glowing eyes, which eventually came to a rest on Stiletto. The pearlcatcher's entire face seemed to fall, and she slumped over in the spiral's arms, weakly raising an arm towards Stiletto.

"No." Lost croaked weakly. "No, don't! Please. Not her either." She tore herself from Arion's arms and collapsed in a heap on the floor, tears tinged with darkness now streaking down her face. "Not her. Not her." She whispered repetitively, cradling herself as she rocked back and forth on the ground.

Stiletto began to back away, terrified as a sickening sense of foreboding seemed to wrap itself around her shoulders, refusing to let go. Suddenly something dark and cold and overwhelmingly powerful smashed into her side, throwing Stiletto across the field, leaving her crippled and panting hard on the hard ground.

The pearlcatcher surged up, her eyes wild. "No!" She cried forcefully through the sobs that fought their way out of her mouth. Stiletto barely had time to inhale before another wave of darkness cascaded over her and she was thrown yet again through the air, as limp as a puppet, too weakened to fight back.

Stiletto could almost hear her spine crack as she was thrown fiercely into a large rock that jutted out of the earth, casting a menacing shadow that seemed to swim before Stiletto's eyes. The shadow seemed to grow teeth. . . eyes. . . faces. . . so many faces. Faces with eyes and teeth that seemed to tear into her soul, hungrily eyeing the weak mirror.

Stiletto struggled to fight back, unable to get air into her lungs or to force her legs to move. She lay beneath this being of power, weak and helpless as it circled around her like a hungry shark. Stiletto managed to break through the unmoving fear that gripped her heart and opened her mouth ever so slightly, forcing a word out of her mouth.

"Come." She croaked softly, meeting the pearlcatcher's gaze. The dragonet immediately darted over, guilt written into every visible line on her face, reaching out to pull Stiletto to safety. She couldn't bear to move, urging more words out of her mouth. "My-" She broke off, a fist of cold clenching around her throat.

The pearlcatcher frantically tried to grab Stiletto's hand and pull her to safety, her arms shaking too hard to get a firm grip. "What?" She asked wildly, her voice cracking. "Your what? I'll do anything to help! Please! I'm sorry!" The dragonet cried desperately, meeting Stiletto's gaze.

"My earring." She muttered. The pearlcatcher's eyes travelled up to Stiletto's left ear fin, where a beautiful pearl earring hung. The only thing Kodiak had given Stiletto, other than Hester. The symbol of their relationship, which had remained, dangling on Stiletto's ear far after Kodiak had gone. . .

"Take it off." Stiletto added, too weakened to cry. Without replying, the pearlcatcher reached forward and gently unclipped the delicate gemstone, carefully cupping it carefully in her talons. "Anything else?" She asked softly, meeting Stiletto's eyes with a sorrowful gaze.

"My daughter." Stiletto whispered huskily, feeling her consciousness slip away. "Your daughter?" The dragonet echoed gently. Stiletto couldn't nod, but the pearlcatcher must had read her answer in the four red eyes staring up at her. "What about your daughter?"

"Help her." Stiletto croaked. "Hidden. Forest. No. . . no father." She panted, gulping a minimal amount of air into her lungs. The pearlcatcher nodded faintly, reaching out and softly taking Stiletto's talons in her own. The living touch warmed Stiletto to her bones, and she managed the faintest of smiles, the ghost of a grin flitting across her face.

"I'll take care of your daughter." The pearlcatcher promised, squeezing Stiletto's talons. "She'll be safe with us." Stiletto exhaled slowly, letting her words sink in. With them Stiletto managed to calm herself, content with her life in the few precious moments she had left. "Her. . ." She added slowly in a raspy voice lined with thorns. "Her name is Hester."

Then the last wisp of breath escaped her lungs, and Stiletto's body became still with a final shudder. Her empty scarlet eyes gazed up at Lost's face, which was now stained with tears, the pearlcatcher still clutching the dead dragon's hand.

Then, without another sound, the shade drew back and descended upon the dead mirror, plunging into the earth. It swept Stiletto's body along with it, retreating back into the depths of darkness.

As the final wisps of darkness vanished into the solid earth, where Stiletto had been moments before was nothing but empty space. Lost's gaze lingered upon the spot where she'd last seen the dead mirror, her talons now empty and very, very cold.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @Petall @L1llysage @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser
I didn't realize I was crying while I wrote this until the very end ;-;
That's a longass post o-O

Also im not easily traumatized..

But now im sad. :(
That's a longass post o-O

Also im not easily traumatized..

But now im sad. :(
signature_by_cas_a_fras-dcled6c.gif
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 247 248