Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 247 248
@DragonMist
Sure! I'll add you to the pile ^w^
@DragonMist
Sure! I'll add you to the pile ^w^
@Aetherstorm OPAUGUST IS EVERYWHERE :O

Glad to see this going again, and it's nice to see so many people interested! :D

Oh my gosh, Opal and Zaffer are 4 months old?!?!? I remember when you couldn't take them into the Coliseum because they were just hatchlings! :')

Edit: Also, I vote more Poseidon! :D I love Poseidon almost as much as I ship Opaugust. We need to see more of him! ^^ (Where did his trident go?)
@Aetherstorm OPAUGUST IS EVERYWHERE :O

Glad to see this going again, and it's nice to see so many people interested! :D

Oh my gosh, Opal and Zaffer are 4 months old?!?!? I remember when you couldn't take them into the Coliseum because they were just hatchlings! :')

Edit: Also, I vote more Poseidon! :D I love Poseidon almost as much as I ship Opaugust. We need to see more of him! ^^ (Where did his trident go?)
................. 0cN4SZY.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 | Wishlist z7QAD3o.png
@Moonsong48
I know right *sniffs and cuddles Zaffer*
They've grown so much >w<
@Moonsong48
I know right *sniffs and cuddles Zaffer*
They've grown so much >w<
[center][item=bluefin charger] (Wow, fourth day into grand re-opening and already a new dragon. All right!) [/center] [size=4]'Kay guys, welcome to the massively overdramatic way of getting a brand new dragon for the pinkerlocke!!![/size] So, I got a Sunspot Clouddancer from Pinkerton today (thanks, buddy ;), and that means a new dragon! With the numbers seen below, I will get a random number generator and see what we get. [quote name="Tar" date=2015-07-31 12:44:50] [b]Familiars[/b]: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.) 1. Fae 2. Guardian 3. Mirror 4. Pearlcatcher 5. Ridgeback 6. Tundra 7. Spiral 8. Imperial 9. Snapper 10. Wildclaw 11. Nocturne 12. Coatl 13. Skydancer [/quote] [size=5]Okay, so I got a. . . [b]6[/b]![/size] Guess that means [u]Tundra[/u] :D [center][b]Day 16:[/b] Opal's tail flicked the air eagerly as the smell of meat hit her nose. [b]"Janus, this way!"[/b] She hissed, grabbing the older spiral's ear and dragging him to the ground. [b]"Wha-"[/b] The spiral started, rubbing his temples. Opal snapped her claws shut around his snout. [b]"Shhhhhh!"[/b] She urged him, flecking the poor dragon's face with specks of saliva. [b]"There's meat!"[/b] Opal yelped excitedly, tasting the air again. [b]"And I seems like chicken."[/b] Janus sat up, confused. [b]"But didn't you just say to-"[/b] Opal cut him off again with a tail to the snout. [b]"Shhhhhh!"[/b] She repeated, slinking off. Janus silently shook his head and followed. Just as he rounded a swathe of trees, Opal burst out of the bushes and crammed his head again the floor. Her green eyes glinted. [b]"I know."[/b] He grumbled. [b]"'Shhhhhh'."[/b] Janus told her. At least he mumbled through the talons entrapping his snout. Opal nodded silently and let Janus go so he could resettle himself. Janus took a deep breath, and the scent of chicken bathed his nostrils. Quietly, Janus stretched out his long neck to peer through the shrubs, finding a plump hooded hen squatting in a patch of sweetgrass, pecking contently at the seeds strewn about within. Janus smile and face Opal, nodding. Opal grinned, a bit unnerving for the spiral, and flexed her claws, narrowing her eyes on the bushes, though the chicken was not visible through them anyways. Just before she lunged, the smell of a new dragon hit the air, as well as the mangled squawking of a chicken. Opal stumbled and tripped over her own talons and went rolling into the bush, her tail sticking out awkwardly behind her. [b]"Hey, that was our chicken!"[/b] She protested, trying to wiggle free of the shrubbery and shake a twin entwined in her horns away from her head. Janus joined her by arching over the bush, met with a surprising sight. A fluffy little blue tundra hatchling was seated in the clearing, blood lining her tiny front paws. The corpse of a hooded hen lay a foot away, blood red bite marks encircling it's neck. [b]"Since when were tundras carnivores?"[/b] Janus asked, partly to himself. The tundra stared at him indignantly and fluffed her already fluffed wings. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=100&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=5&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=99&auth=6912e0a7d9c2e6919dd2db9bbb664fb1e9da7706&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]"That was our chicken!"[/b] Opal hissed, her eyes glowing dangerously. The tundra stared at her, too, not budging from her position on the floor. The glow in Opal's eyes accumulated, and the bush entrapping her practically exploded, scattering shattered twigs and shredded leaves everywhere. Janus wiped a leaf from his nose to watch the tundra jump up and scuttle backwards, defensively throwing up her wings. [b]"No, my mommy will hurt you!"[/b] She cried. Then her wings fell, and her terrified expression mingled with annoyance. [b]"But I don't like mommy. Mommy makes me go to bed to early."[/b] She explained, staring at the ground. [b]"That is why I ran away. To hide from mommy and annoying stinky face guards."[/b] The hatchling looked up triumphantly, as if just having solved a difficult puzzle. [b]"I don't like mommy!"[/b] She declared, staring a bewildered Janus and a trying-to-find-out-why-there-is-a-disembodied-bush Opal right in the eyes. [b]"I don't like my mommy either."[/b] Opal said, mildly distracted by a shred of a twig floating past her snout. [b]"And stinky faces sound awful."[/b] The hatchling nodded vigorously, jumping to her paws. [b]"They follow me around!"[/b] She exclaimed, wriggling her tiny body. [b]"And they smell and are big and always tell me what mommy wants! Then they pretend I have to do it. But I don't have to do it. That's why I'm here. Away from zappy shinies."[/b] [b]"First off, those sound a bit like guards."[/b] Janus pointed out. [b]"Well, except for the mommy part. And second of all, I'm Janus, and the exploding bush dragon is Opal. What's you name?"[/b] He asked sweetly. The tundra blinked at him, as if noticing the spiral for the first time. [b]"Mommy calls me princess, but I don't like wearing itchies, so I came here. because mommy was annoying, and wanted me to wear itch-"[/b] [b]"What is your [i]name[/i]?"[/b] Janus repeated, a bit more forcefully. [b]"Other than what your mommy calls you."[/b] The tundra's eyes lit up. [b]"Oh yes! One stinky face said 'Juno', but he said 'Princess Juno', so I don't like that either."[/b] Opal shook a clingy leaf off of her tail. [b]"We'll call you Juno then, [i]without[/i] the princess."[/b] She added with a wink. Juno beamed at her. [b]"This all sounds gun and good, but I think Juno here might need to tell us a bit more about her mommy and the stinky faces."[/b] Janus said, eying the hatchling suspiciously. Juno flapped her wings excitedly. [b]"Sure, I wanna complain about mommy more!"[/b] She chirped, smirking. Then she turned to the whole reason they'd encountered her. [b]"But-"[/b] She trailed off, reaching a paw out towards the chicken. With a growl, Opal jumped on top of it, covering the meat with her wings. "You can eat the chicken if you come back to our fort with us." She explained, her voice oddly deep and mature. "And then we can complain about mommies together, but you need to come with us first." Juno nodded, jumping to her talons. Opal plucked the chicken off the ground and with a mischievous grin, yelled "Catch!" and flung it at Janus. He yelped and stumbled for it, ending up with a snout full of dirt and claws covered in feathers wet with blood. [b]"This way Juno!"[/b] Opal called, nudging the Tundra in the direction of camp. [b]"Plenty of dragons there complain bout mommies, but one [i]is[/i] a mommy so you need to be careful."[/b] Opal warned, her voice railing off as she drifted away. [b]"We all hate stinky faces though, so complain about those all you want."[/b] Janus hastily scrambled after her, spitting soil out of his mouth. It was exhausting enough with one Opal, and now there would be another fluffier, more whiny one stuck on everybody's tails. The most dangerous thing yet, is that they might have come across renegade royalty.[/center] ----- @AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @FluffyGlacier @WhoOwlborn @PuellaFortis Juno will be sure to share all her backstory in tomorrow's post, with her own little Juno touch of course. I hope you like the new asset to the team!

(Wow, fourth day into grand re-opening and already a new dragon. All right!)

'Kay guys, welcome to the massively overdramatic way of getting a brand new dragon for the pinkerlocke!!!

So, I got a Sunspot Clouddancer from Pinkerton today (thanks, buddy ;), and that means a new dragon! With the numbers seen below, I will get a random number generator and see what we get.
Tar wrote on 2015-07-31:
Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
Okay, so I got a. . . 6! Guess that means Tundra :D

Day 16:

Opal's tail flicked the air eagerly as the smell of meat hit her nose. "Janus, this way!" She hissed, grabbing the older spiral's ear and dragging him to the ground. "Wha-" The spiral started, rubbing his temples. Opal snapped her claws shut around his snout. "Shhhhhh!" She urged him, flecking the poor dragon's face with specks of saliva.

"There's meat!" Opal yelped excitedly, tasting the air again. "And I seems like chicken." Janus sat up, confused. "But didn't you just say to-" Opal cut him off again with a tail to the snout. "Shhhhhh!" She repeated, slinking off. Janus silently shook his head and followed.

Just as he rounded a swathe of trees, Opal burst out of the bushes and crammed his head again the floor. Her green eyes glinted. "I know." He grumbled. "'Shhhhhh'." Janus told her. At least he mumbled through the talons entrapping his snout. Opal nodded silently and let Janus go so he could resettle himself. Janus took a deep breath, and the scent of chicken bathed his nostrils.

Quietly, Janus stretched out his long neck to peer through the shrubs, finding a plump hooded hen squatting in a patch of sweetgrass, pecking contently at the seeds strewn about within. Janus smile and face Opal, nodding. Opal grinned, a bit unnerving for the spiral, and flexed her claws, narrowing her eyes on the bushes, though the chicken was not visible through them anyways.

Just before she lunged, the smell of a new dragon hit the air, as well as the mangled squawking of a chicken. Opal stumbled and tripped over her own talons and went rolling into the bush, her tail sticking out awkwardly behind her. "Hey, that was our chicken!" She protested, trying to wiggle free of the shrubbery and shake a twin entwined in her horns away from her head. Janus joined her by arching over the bush, met with a surprising sight.

A fluffy little blue tundra hatchling was seated in the clearing, blood lining her tiny front paws. The corpse of a hooded hen lay a foot away, blood red bite marks encircling it's neck. "Since when were tundras carnivores?" Janus asked, partly to himself. The tundra stared at him indignantly and fluffed her already fluffed wings.
dragon?age=0&body=100&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=5&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=99&auth=6912e0a7d9c2e6919dd2db9bbb664fb1e9da7706&dummyext=prev.png
"That was our chicken!" Opal hissed, her eyes glowing dangerously. The tundra stared at her, too, not budging from her position on the floor. The glow in Opal's eyes accumulated, and the bush entrapping her practically exploded, scattering shattered twigs and shredded leaves everywhere. Janus wiped a leaf from his nose to watch the tundra jump up and scuttle backwards, defensively throwing up her wings.

"No, my mommy will hurt you!" She cried. Then her wings fell, and her terrified expression mingled with annoyance. "But I don't like mommy. Mommy makes me go to bed to early." She explained, staring at the ground. "That is why I ran away. To hide from mommy and annoying stinky face guards." The hatchling looked up triumphantly, as if just having solved a difficult puzzle. "I don't like mommy!" She declared, staring a bewildered Janus and a trying-to-find-out-why-there-is-a-disembodied-bush Opal right in the eyes.

"I don't like my mommy either." Opal said, mildly distracted by a shred of a twig floating past her snout. "And stinky faces sound awful." The hatchling nodded vigorously, jumping to her paws. "They follow me around!" She exclaimed, wriggling her tiny body. "And they smell and are big and always tell me what mommy wants! Then they pretend I have to do it. But I don't have to do it. That's why I'm here. Away from zappy shinies."

"First off, those sound a bit like guards." Janus pointed out. "Well, except for the mommy part. And second of all, I'm Janus, and the exploding bush dragon is Opal. What's you name?" He asked sweetly. The tundra blinked at him, as if noticing the spiral for the first time. "Mommy calls me princess, but I don't like wearing itchies, so I came here. because mommy was annoying, and wanted me to wear itch-"

"What is your name?" Janus repeated, a bit more forcefully. "Other than what your mommy calls you." The tundra's eyes lit up. "Oh yes! One stinky face said 'Juno', but he said 'Princess Juno', so I don't like that either." Opal shook a clingy leaf off of her tail. "We'll call you Juno then, without the princess." She added with a wink. Juno beamed at her.

"This all sounds gun and good, but I think Juno here might need to tell us a bit more about her mommy and the stinky faces." Janus said, eying the hatchling suspiciously. Juno flapped her wings excitedly. "Sure, I wanna complain about mommy more!" She chirped, smirking.
Then she turned to the whole reason they'd encountered her. "But-" She trailed off, reaching a paw out towards the chicken.

With a growl, Opal jumped on top of it, covering the meat with her wings. "You can eat the chicken if you come back to our fort with us." She explained, her voice oddly deep and mature. "And then we can complain about mommies together, but you need to come with us first." Juno nodded, jumping to her talons. Opal plucked the chicken off the ground and with a mischievous grin, yelled "Catch!" and flung it at Janus. He yelped and stumbled for it, ending up with a snout full of dirt and claws covered in feathers wet with blood.

"This way Juno!" Opal called, nudging the Tundra in the direction of camp. "Plenty of dragons there complain bout mommies, but one is a mommy so you need to be careful." Opal warned, her voice railing off as she drifted away. "We all hate stinky faces though, so complain about those all you want." Janus hastily scrambled after her, spitting soil out of his mouth. It was exhausting enough with one Opal, and now there would be another fluffier, more whiny one stuck on everybody's tails. The most dangerous thing yet, is that they might have come across renegade royalty.

@AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige
@Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards
@CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer
@ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon
@DragonMist
@FluffyGlacier @WhoOwlborn @PuellaFortis
Juno will be sure to share all her backstory in tomorrow's post, with her own little Juno touch of course. I hope you like the new asset to the team!

Beautiful! I love the sound of Juno already! :D
Also, way to go exploding bush
Beautiful! I love the sound of Juno already! :D
Also, way to go exploding bush
IMZbI9C.png
I never thought of a hunting tundra lol
Also "renegade royalty" sounds like big problems OuO
I never thought of a hunting tundra lol
Also "renegade royalty" sounds like big problems OuO
wasp_bee.png
@Aetherstorm Exploding bush yes XD

I DON'T LIKE MY MOMMY! Because she makes me go to bed early!
@Aetherstorm Exploding bush yes XD

I DON'T LIKE MY MOMMY! Because she makes me go to bed early!
................. 0cN4SZY.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 | Wishlist z7QAD3o.png
[center][item=pulsing relic] (Art today! It's not ready yet, so I'll post that later :) [b]Day 17:[/b] Poseidon carried out a sun-flecked fieldmouse, a silverside tetra, and a sour green apple and placed them next to each other in front of the hungry hatchling that eagerly awaited them outside. Juno didn't seem unfazed by the idea of meat or seafood and stuck all three items in her mouth at once, chewing contently. [b]"I've heard of Omnivorous tundras during my stay in The Shifting Expanse."[/b] Poseidon explained to the other dragons clustered around him, while giving Juno a peculiar look. [b]"There is a royal line of dragons that live near the Tempest Spire that are known to eat any food type. I'd image this one is the daughter of the current queen of the clan there."[/b] [b]"But if she's only Queen of a clan, there isn't much to worry about, right?"[/b] August asked, trying to look chill. But he slipped of a smooth leaf and stumbled onto his own tail, tumbling into a nearby shrub. [b]"Careful, I might blow that one up, too."[/b] Opal teased. August rolled his eyes and pulled himself free, untangling a twig from his claws. [b]"We've been falling into bushes a lot lately."[/b] Zaffer pointed out, prodding the shrubs as if they were haunted or something. [b]"Guys, [i]focus[/i]."[/b] Janus snapped, tapping Zaffer's neck. [b]"If we have a runaway princess, we're probably doomed."[/b] Jade slithered up beside him, with Romeo joyfully clinging onto her tail as it wove above the ground. [b]"No we're not."[/b] She told him earnestly, poking the side of his head. [b]"Don't worry the kids. We can't be sure she's being completely honest."[/b] [b]"I'm not sure there's any other explanation as to why she's here, Jade."[/b] Poseidon pointed out, glancing at the hatchling's electric blue eyes. Juno finished chewing and gulped down her odd assortment of food. [b]"Do you have seaberries?"[/b] Her high-pitched voice squeaked. [b]"Mommy never gave me any, but a stinky face gave me some one time."[/b] Juno tilted her head sideways thoughtfully, as if remembering something. [b]"She wasn't as stinky as the others."[/b] Jade smiled. [b]"I think we do."[/b] She answered. Crawling over to the small stack of food the dragon had collected yesterday, including a sort of battered-up chicken, and pulled out a small bundle of seaberries. Romeo saw them and immediately detached himself from his mother's tail, bounding over to her. [b]"Me too, me too!"[/b] He chirped, desperately trying to climb up Jade's arm. Jade laughed and untangled her son from her wrist. [b]"Just a few."[/b] She said, booping him on the nose. [b]"Our guest needs some too."[/b] Romeo beamed at her and grabbed the seaberries she handed him eagerly out of her claws, holding them close to his chest. Juno watched all of this with intense curiosity and that unnerving stare. Jade slithered over to her and lightly placed the remaining seaberries in front of the fluffy tundra. Juno blinked at them, and for a second, everyone thought she'd be a bratty princess who'd demand all the berries, but instead the said, [b]"You're not as bad as my mommy."[/b] Jade smiled at her. [b]"I guess I'm not."[/b] She said, bundling Romeo, who had blue juice stains splattering his snout, up in her arms. [b]"Hey!"[/b] The spiral chirped, trying to wiggle out of his mother's wings with an exaggerated annoyed expression. But he couldn't hide his laughter, and ended up rolling on the ground, giggling. Juno blinked at them and plopped the first seaberry into her mouth, without tearing her gaze away. [b]"Juno, is there a real reason why you've come to the Windswept Plateau all the way from the Shifting Expanse?"[/b] Poseidon asked, coming up next to her. Juno turned to look at him, stuffing more berries into her snout. [b]"Well,"[/b] She started, wiping neon blue juice off of the corner of her mouth. [b]"I wanted to escape, so I ran away."[/b] Juno explained through a mouthful of seaberries. [b]"A friendly stinky face helped me escape mommy's giant house, and then I fell asleep. Far away from mommy."[/b] She repeated sternly. [b]"And then I woke up here."[/b] Juno said, fanning her wings. [b]"I like it. It's pretty."[/b] [b]"So that's the story, huh?"[/b] Janus wondered. [b]"Doesn't like being a princess, so ran away from the palace with the help of a faithful guard, and woke up in a mysterious land far away from said palace."[/b] Juno nodded vigorously, gobbling up the remaining seaberries given to her. [b]"Yeah, pretty common plot line."[/b] Opal pointed out, flipping her tail over her talons. [b]"So what are we planning to do with Fluffy McRoyalty here?"[/b] She asked, waving her claws at the tundra who was now daintily nibbling at her front paw. Poseidon blinked at their little charge. [b]"None of us feel like strolling over to lightning territory, least of all Juno."[/b] He pointed out. [b]"But I don't think her mother will be happy about us harboring her runaway daughter."[/b] Juno snorted with laughter. [b]"Mommy's never happy about [i]anything[/i]."[/b] She reminded them with a toss of her head. [b]"Right."[/b] Zaffer broke in with. [b]"But there isn't exactly anything we can do about that now, so we might as well go with it."[/b] Opal grinned and patted Zaffer's shoulder, which was higher than her head. [b]"Look at my big brother, being all mature."[/b] She teased. Zaffer rolled his eyes. [b]"Opal, I'm half sure you're older than me."[/b] He said, nudging her away. Opal didn't budge. [b]"You're probably right, but you sure [i]look[/i] like you're older than me."[/b] [b]"I don't have a brother."[/b] Juno chirped. [b]"Only mommy and daddy. But I never see daddy and mommy's too bossy."[/b] Poseidon exhaled fiercely, shutting his eyes. [b]"How about we play a game?"[/b] He recommended, plastering on a smile. [b]"I think we've had enough complaining about mommies."[/b] [b]"Oooooooo, yes! Let's play a game!!!"[/b] Opal hyped, immediately perking up. [b]"Maybe we can play tag! Or we can play catch with the chicken! No, how about we see who can eat the most inse- No, we don't have enough cockroaches. What if I just blow up that bush?"[/b] She asked, turning to the shrub that August had fell into earlier, a malicious glint on her eye. [b]"Actually Opal, I think that's a shrub."[/b] Zaffer explained. Janus threw up his wings to shield his face, as green light sparked to light in Opal's claws, and the shrub suddenly convulsed in on itself before exploding into quintillion bits of nature. A ringing sound of what might have sounded like an evil violin being strangled filled the air for a moment, then ebbed away as slivers of bush began drifting down towards the floor. A long silence filled the makeshift camp, with the dragons bearing a range of emotions from terrified to exhilarated to distracted. Opal finally broke the silence with another explosion of laughter. [b]"See? This game is fun!"[/b] She gasped between chuckles. [b]"You should see the expressions on your faces! Let me do it again."[/b] She said, turning to another unfortunate bush. [size=4][b]"No!"[/b][/size] Poseidon, Jade, Zaffer, and Janus yelled all at once. This was met with another bout of laughter, this time accompanied by the laughter of August, Romeo, and Juno. [b]"Okay, fine, I won't."[/b] Opal promised, her eyes glinting mischievously. The other dragons let our a collective breath of relief. Jade massaged her temples. [b]"Let's go hunting instead."[/b][/center] ------- @AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @FluffyGlacier @WhoOwlborn @PuellaFortis Sorry it ended like that, it's one one of my weaknesses XD Anyways, the art for today isn't done yet, but I'll be sure to post it when it's ready >w0 Also sorry for any spelling mistakes, I have a lot of those ^^'

(Art today! It's not ready yet, so I'll post that later :)

Day 17:
Poseidon carried out a sun-flecked fieldmouse, a silverside tetra, and a sour green apple and placed them next to each other in front of the hungry hatchling that eagerly awaited them outside. Juno didn't seem unfazed by the idea of meat or seafood and stuck all three items in her mouth at once, chewing contently.

"I've heard of Omnivorous tundras during my stay in The Shifting Expanse." Poseidon explained to the other dragons clustered around him, while giving Juno a peculiar look. "There is a royal line of dragons that live near the Tempest Spire that are known to eat any food type. I'd image this one is the daughter of the current queen of the clan there."

"But if she's only Queen of a clan, there isn't much to worry about, right?" August asked, trying to look chill. But he slipped of a smooth leaf and stumbled onto his own tail, tumbling into a nearby shrub. "Careful, I might blow that one up, too." Opal teased. August rolled his eyes and pulled himself free, untangling a twig from his claws. "We've been falling into bushes a lot lately." Zaffer pointed out, prodding the shrubs as if they were haunted or something.

"Guys, focus." Janus snapped, tapping Zaffer's neck. "If we have a runaway princess, we're probably doomed." Jade slithered up beside him, with Romeo joyfully clinging onto her tail as it wove above the ground. "No we're not." She told him earnestly, poking the side of his head. "Don't worry the kids. We can't be sure she's being completely honest."

"I'm not sure there's any other explanation as to why she's here, Jade." Poseidon pointed out, glancing at the hatchling's electric blue eyes. Juno finished chewing and gulped down her odd assortment of food. "Do you have seaberries?" Her high-pitched voice squeaked. "Mommy never gave me any, but a stinky face gave me some one time." Juno tilted her head sideways thoughtfully, as if remembering something. "She wasn't as stinky as the others."

Jade smiled. "I think we do." She answered. Crawling over to the small stack of food the dragon had collected yesterday, including a sort of battered-up chicken, and pulled out a small bundle of seaberries. Romeo saw them and immediately detached himself from his mother's tail, bounding over to her. "Me too, me too!" He chirped, desperately trying to climb up Jade's arm. Jade laughed and untangled her son from her wrist. "Just a few." She said, booping him on the nose. "Our guest needs some too."

Romeo beamed at her and grabbed the seaberries she handed him eagerly out of her claws, holding them close to his chest. Juno watched all of this with intense curiosity and that unnerving stare. Jade slithered over to her and lightly placed the remaining seaberries in front of the fluffy tundra. Juno blinked at them, and for a second, everyone thought she'd be a bratty princess who'd demand all the berries, but instead the said, "You're not as bad as my mommy."

Jade smiled at her. "I guess I'm not." She said, bundling Romeo, who had blue juice stains splattering his snout, up in her arms. "Hey!" The spiral chirped, trying to wiggle out of his mother's wings with an exaggerated annoyed expression. But he couldn't hide his laughter, and ended up rolling on the ground, giggling.

Juno blinked at them and plopped the first seaberry into her mouth, without tearing her gaze away. "Juno, is there a real reason why you've come to the Windswept Plateau all the way from the Shifting Expanse?" Poseidon asked, coming up next to her. Juno turned to look at him, stuffing more berries into her snout.

"Well," She started, wiping neon blue juice off of the corner of her mouth. "I wanted to escape, so I ran away." Juno explained through a mouthful of seaberries. "A friendly stinky face helped me escape mommy's giant house, and then I fell asleep. Far away from mommy." She repeated sternly. "And then I woke up here." Juno said, fanning her wings. "I like it. It's pretty."

"So that's the story, huh?" Janus wondered. "Doesn't like being a princess, so ran away from the palace with the help of a faithful guard, and woke up in a mysterious land far away from said palace." Juno nodded vigorously, gobbling up the remaining seaberries given to her.

"Yeah, pretty common plot line." Opal pointed out, flipping her tail over her talons. "So what are we planning to do with Fluffy McRoyalty here?" She asked, waving her claws at the tundra who was now daintily nibbling at her front paw. Poseidon blinked at their little charge. "None of us feel like strolling over to lightning territory, least of all Juno." He pointed out. "But I don't think her mother will be happy about us harboring her runaway daughter."

Juno snorted with laughter. "Mommy's never happy about anything." She reminded them with a toss of her head. "Right." Zaffer broke in with. "But there isn't exactly anything we can do about that now, so we might as well go with it." Opal grinned and patted Zaffer's shoulder, which was higher than her head.

"Look at my big brother, being all mature." She teased. Zaffer rolled his eyes. "Opal, I'm half sure you're older than me." He said, nudging her away. Opal didn't budge. "You're probably right, but you sure look like you're older than me."

"I don't have a brother." Juno chirped. "Only mommy and daddy. But I never see daddy and mommy's too bossy." Poseidon exhaled fiercely, shutting his eyes. "How about we play a game?" He recommended, plastering on a smile. "I think we've had enough complaining about mommies."

"Oooooooo, yes! Let's play a game!!!" Opal hyped, immediately perking up. "Maybe we can play tag! Or we can play catch with the chicken! No, how about we see who can eat the most inse- No, we don't have enough cockroaches. What if I just blow up that bush?" She asked, turning to the shrub that August had fell into earlier, a malicious glint on her eye.

"Actually Opal, I think that's a shrub." Zaffer explained. Janus threw up his wings to shield his face, as green light sparked to light in Opal's claws, and the shrub suddenly convulsed in on itself before exploding into quintillion bits of nature. A ringing sound of what might have sounded like an evil violin being strangled filled the air for a moment, then ebbed away as slivers of bush began drifting down towards the floor. A long silence filled the makeshift camp, with the dragons bearing a range of emotions from terrified to exhilarated to distracted.

Opal finally broke the silence with another explosion of laughter. "See? This game is fun!" She gasped between chuckles. "You should see the expressions on your faces! Let me do it again." She said, turning to another unfortunate bush. "No!" Poseidon, Jade, Zaffer, and Janus yelled all at once. This was met with another bout of laughter, this time accompanied by the laughter of August, Romeo, and Juno.

"Okay, fine, I won't." Opal promised, her eyes glinting mischievously. The other dragons let our a collective breath of relief. Jade massaged her temples. "Let's go hunting instead."

@AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige
@Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards
@CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer
@ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon
@DragonMist
@FluffyGlacier @WhoOwlborn @PuellaFortis
Sorry it ended like that, it's one one of my weaknesses XD
Anyways, the art for today isn't done yet, but I'll be sure to post it when it's ready >w0

Also sorry for any spelling mistakes, I have a lot of those ^^'
I totes prefer Opal's exploding bushes over Miss Fluffy McRoyalty complaining lol
poor bushes tho
I totes prefer Opal's exploding bushes over Miss Fluffy McRoyalty complaining lol
poor bushes tho
wasp_bee.png
@DragonMist
Me too, but once she matures, Fluffy McRoyalty will have her own unique charm, very separate from Opal's. Staring will be involved, along with unprovoked fits of talking all fancy-like :P
@DragonMist
Me too, but once she matures, Fluffy McRoyalty will have her own unique charm, very separate from Opal's. Staring will be involved, along with unprovoked fits of talking all fancy-like :P
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 247 248