Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Sornieth Taxonomy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
This all looks so cool!
This all looks so cool!
bUnDBG2.png1331_200px_otter112233_by_miirshroom-dbqpix8.pngekPT4l1.png
@otter112233 thanks! :D
@otter112233 thanks! :D
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
rDDk8Bm.png Bw4cyXn.pngjU7eG38.png 8lxCsmk.png
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
UEbwahm.pngKCykZYQ.pngUiowYIX.png
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
@northwyrm This is amazing! I had the notion once that I'd one day compile a list of creatures native to my clan's territory, but the item inventory is so vast, so it was a daunting task. This is very useful!
If you ever need any assistance/would like to discuss anything pertaining to this, I would be honoured to be a part of that!
@northwyrm This is amazing! I had the notion once that I'd one day compile a list of creatures native to my clan's territory, but the item inventory is so vast, so it was a daunting task. This is very useful!
If you ever need any assistance/would like to discuss anything pertaining to this, I would be honoured to be a part of that!
NR3lXlA.png
wolf_skull_by_nayuki910-d5dlzpz.gif
SKYLAR

-Art Shop
-Looking for WC Scrolls!
-Accent Shop
@Northwyrm, always nice to see these types of projects! If you don't mind, I'll ramble on about a few points and theories I have about Sorniethian taxonomy (quotes link to their source!): First, I noticed you have Aviars listed as Talonok, but I feel this is incorrect. If you look closely, they only have four limbs, making them more similar to Harpies. They also share the same type of limbs (winged arms and digitigrade legs), the same number of digits, long tail feathers, and similar birdlike ears: [quote name="Aequorin" date=2015-07-12][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/45#post_12133741][color=#000000]They have no auricle. The opening of their ears is covered by short feathers that lay flat against the head.[/url][/quote] Second, Talonok is a term for two different species: Raptorik and Corven. According to the lore: [quote=Encyclopedia » Talonok Beastclan][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=61][color=#000000]Raptorik are hunters and warriors, using their powerful wings to climb the air currents above their territories and dive at startling speeds towards their prey.[/quote] [quote=Encyclopedia » Talonok Beastclan][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=61][color=#000000]In a stark contrast to their airborne brethren, Corven keep primarily to the ground, scouring the riverbanks and saltwater bays for tubers, roots, nuts, seeds, and small animals. These foods are then returned to Talonok encampments to be shared.[/quote] All Raptorik have large outer ears and seem to have two types of subspecies: One has a long tail and hooked beak, leading me to think that these Raptorik are more raptorial, with a beak shape designed to bite and tear meat. Examples include the Blacktalon Striker and Raptorik Warrior. The other has a short tail and pointed beak, which makes me think it has a more general diet. Examples include the Examples include the Greybeak Reaper, Tengu Caller, Animated Statue (depiction), and Living Sculpture (depiction). Corven have no visible outer ears, a short tail and cone-shaped beak, perhaps to crack seeds. Examples include the Tengu and Wandering Surge Priest. Apologies for the wall of text! I'm just excited since I had a few of these ideas written down and haven't been able to share them.
@Northwyrm, always nice to see these types of projects! If you don't mind, I'll ramble on about a few points and theories I have about Sorniethian taxonomy (quotes link to their source!):

First, I noticed you have Aviars listed as Talonok, but I feel this is incorrect. If you look closely, they only have four limbs, making them more similar to Harpies. They also share the same type of limbs (winged arms and digitigrade legs), the same number of digits, long tail feathers, and similar birdlike ears:

Second, Talonok is a term for two different species: Raptorik and Corven. According to the lore:

All Raptorik have large outer ears and seem to have two types of subspecies:

One has a long tail and hooked beak, leading me to think that these Raptorik are more raptorial, with a beak shape designed to bite and tear meat. Examples include the Blacktalon Striker and Raptorik Warrior.

The other has a short tail and pointed beak, which makes me think it has a more general diet. Examples include the Examples include the Greybeak Reaper, Tengu Caller, Animated Statue (depiction), and Living Sculpture (depiction).

Corven have no visible outer ears, a short tail and cone-shaped beak, perhaps to crack seeds. Examples include the Tengu and Wandering Surge Priest.

Apologies for the wall of text! I'm just excited since I had a few of these ideas written down and haven't been able to share them.
@Automedon Clan territory on the outskirts of the Hewn City you say? It is said that the Ghostlight Ruins are there: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=71 I had a look in the wiki as to what animals are found when gathering in the Light territory and I've got this for ya: [b]Cnidarian:[/b] [item=Crystal Jellyfish] [b]Molluscs:[/b] [item=Sun Baked Oysters][item=Devilsnap][item=Stubby Squid][item=Blue Ring Octopus][item=Garden Snail] [b]Worms:[/b] [item=Sand Sucker][item=Redworm] [b]Centipedes:[b] [item=Albino Dasher] [b]Arachnids:[b] [item=Tiger Fern Tarantula][item=Diving Aranea] [b]Crustaceans:[/b] [item=Sparkling Crayfish][item=Wetland Ghost][item=Hermit Crab][item=White Reaches Crab][item=Gaseous Megashrimp][item=Skittering Megashrimp][item=Abyss Vulture][item=Hardshell] [b]INSECTS[/b] [i]Coleopterans[/i] [item=Frostbite Beetle][item=Two-tone Brown Beetle][item=Mealworm][item=Green June Beetle][item=Reedcleft Sparkler] [i]Dermapteran[/i] [item=Egghead Infiltrator] [i]Diptera[/i] [item=Pauper Larvae][item=Swamp Mosquito][item=Gold Fly][item=Venomous Fly] [i]Hemiptera[/i] [item=Rhododendron Leafhopper][item=Moonlight Strider][item=Water Bug][item=Water Strider] [i]Hymenoptera[/i] [item=Pharaoh Ant][item=White Lace Honeybee] [i]Lepidoptera[/i] [item=White Cabbage Butterfly][item=Catoptria Grass Moth][item=Zebra Caterpillar][item=Catocala Moth][item=Dark-bordered Beauty][item=Leafy Moth] [i]Misc[/i] (got bored of insects, these are phasmids, mantids, odanta and orthopterans) [item=Boxer Mantis][item=Dragonfly][item=Cricket][item=Grasshopper][item=Tinder Bug][item=False Mantis Prickler] [b]Echinoderms:[/b] [item=Deepsea Cucumber][item=Angelspine][item=Morning Star] [b]Fish:[/b] (very unorganised sorry) [item=Common Minnow][item=Sunfish][item=Flying Fish][item=Sunset Sea Dragon][item=Golden Rainbow Trout][item=Green Corycat][item=Brack Bloat][item=Silver Guppy][item=Serpae Tetras][item=Leopard Needletooth][item=Chromodori Swimmer][item=Golden Snakehead][item=Marbled Hatchetfish][item=Kuhli Loach][item=Luminous Shortfin][item=Pale Smallmouth][item=Discus] [b]Amphibians:[/b] [item=Brown Spot Toad][item=Banded Dart Frog][item=Leucistic Axolotl] [b]Reptiles:[/b] [item=Shiny Anole][item=Tree Gecko][item=Weird Purple Skink][item=Dust Slither][item=Opal Cobra][item=Snapping Turtle] [b]Birds:[/b] (Anseriformes) [item=Mallard][item=Brent Goose][item=Trumpeter Swan] (Gailliformes) [item=Black Orpington][item=Valley Quail][item=Silver-Laced Rooster] (Striformes and Passerines) [item=Ruby-Throated Hummingbird][item=Common Sparrow] [b]Birdkin:[/b] [item=Hippojay] [b]Mammals:[/b] (Marsupial) [item=Sugarstalker] (Afrotehrian) [item=Moordwelling Trunker] (Rodents) [item=Sun Flecked Fieldmouse][item=Old World Rabbit][item=Fancy Rat][item=Red Squirrel][item=Arctic Lemming] (Misc, Chiropteran, Mole, Mustellid, Primate, Mustelloid) [item= Ashfall Bat][item=Eastern Mole][item=Ferret][item=Plantain Poacher][item=Skunk] Here's a simpler version in code form in case you need it: [code][b]Cnidarian:[/b] [item=Crystal Jellyfish] [b]Molluscs:[/b] [item=Sun Baked Oysters][item=Devilsnap][item=Stubby Squid][item=Blue Ring Octopus][item=Garden Snail] [b]Worms:[/b] [item=Sand Sucker][item=Redworm] [b]Centipedes:[b] [item=Albino Dasher] [b]Arachnids:[b] [item=Tiger Fern Tarantula][item=Diving Aranea] [b]Crustaceans:[/b] [item=Sparkling Crayfish][item=Wetland Ghost][item=Hermit Crab][item=White Reaches Crab][item=Gaseous Megashrimp][item=Skittering Megashrimp][item=Abyss Vulture][item=Hardshell] [b]Insects:[/b] [item=Frostbite Beetle][item=Two-tone Brown Beetle][item=Mealworm][item=Green June Beetle][item=Reedcleft Sparkler][item=Egghead Infiltrator][item=Pauper Larvae][item=Swamp Mosquito][item=Gold Fly][item=Venomous Fly][item=Rhododendron Leafhopper][item=Moonlight Strider][item=Water Bug][item=Water Strider][item=Pharaoh Ant][item=White Lace Honeybee][item=White Cabbage Butterfly][item=Catoptria Grass Moth][item=Zebra Caterpillar][item=Catocala Moth][item=Dark-bordered Beauty][item=Leafy Moth][item=Boxer Mantis][item=Dragonfly][item=Cricket][item=Grasshopper][item=Tinder Bug][item=False Mantis Prickler] [b]Echinoderms:[/b] [item=Deepsea Cucumber][item=Angelspine][item=Morning Star] [b]Fish:[/b] [item=Common Minnow][item=Sunfish][item=Flying Fish][item=Sunset Sea Dragon][item=Golden Rainbow Trout][item=Green Corycat][item=Brack Bloat][item=Silver Guppy][item=Serpae Tetras][item=Leopard Needletooth][item=Chromodori Swimmer][item=Golden Snakehead][item=Marbled Hatchetfish][item=Kuhli Loach][item=Luminous Shortfin][item=Pale Smallmouth][item=Discus] [b]Amphibians:[/b] [item=Brown Spot Toad][item=Banded Dart Frog][item=Leucistic Axolotl] [b]Reptiles:[/b] [item=Shiny Anole][item=Tree Gecko][item=Weird Purple Skink][item=Dust Slither][item=Opal Cobra][item=Snapping Turtle] [b]Birds:[/b] [item=Mallard][item=Brent Goose][item=Trumpeter Swan][item=Black Orpington][item=Valley Quail][item=Silver-Laced Rooster][item=Ruby-Throated Hummingbird][item=Common Sparrow] [b]Birdkin:[/b] [item=Hippojay] [b]Mammals:[/b] [item=Sugarstalker][item=Moordwelling Trunker][item=Sun Flecked Fieldmouse][item=Old World Rabbit][item=Fancy Rat][item=Red Squirrel][item=Arctic Lemming][item=Ashfall Bat][item=Eastern Mole][item=Ferret][item=Plantain Poacher][item=Skunk][/code] As for helping me with mine, I am neck-deep in fish at the moment, so give me a thousand years to complete the fish lists then I'll be able to think on what needs doing next XD -------- @MasterofKeta Ahhh thanks very much! I was clearly not paying attention when making that post XD I've reshuffled them now, but still have not written a full bio for them (currently wading through fish). The credit at the bottom of the post will turn into a ping once the information is fully updated, thank you so much!
@Automedon
Clan territory on the outskirts of the Hewn City you say?
It is said that the Ghostlight Ruins are there: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=71
I had a look in the wiki as to what animals are found when gathering in the Light territory and I've got this for ya:
Cnidarian:
Crystal Jellyfish
Molluscs:
Sun Baked Oysters Devilsnap Stubby Squid Blue Ring Octopus Garden Snail
Worms:
Sand Sucker Redworm
Centipedes:
Albino Dasher
Arachnids:
Tiger Fern Tarantula Diving Aranea
Crustaceans:
Sparkling Crayfish Wetland Ghost Hermit Crab White Reaches Crab Gaseous Megashrimp Skittering Megashrimp Abyss Vulture Hardshell
INSECTS
Coleopterans
Frostbite Beetle Two-tone Brown Beetle Mealworm Green June Beetle Reedcleft Sparkler
Dermapteran
Egghead Infiltrator
Diptera
Pauper Larvae Swamp Mosquito Gold Fly Venomous Fly
Hemiptera
Rhododendron Leafhopper Moonlight Strider Water Bug Water Strider
Hymenoptera
Pharaoh Ant White Lace Honeybee
Lepidoptera
White Cabbage Butterfly Catoptria Grass Moth Zebra Caterpillar Catocala Moth Dark-bordered Beauty Leafy Moth
Misc (got bored of insects, these are phasmids, mantids, odanta and orthopterans)
Boxer Mantis Dragonfly Cricket Grasshopper Tinder Bug False Mantis Prickler
Echinoderms:
Deepsea Cucumber Angelspine Morning Star
Fish: (very unorganised sorry)
Common Minnow Sunfish Flying Fish Sunset Sea Dragon Golden Rainbow Trout Green Corycat Brack Bloat Silver Guppy Serpae Tetras Leopard Needletooth Chromodori Swimmer Golden Snakehead Marbled Hatchetfish Kuhli Loach Luminous Shortfin Pale Smallmouth Discus
Amphibians:
Brown Spot Toad Banded Dart Frog Leucistic Axolotl
Reptiles:
Shiny Anole Tree Gecko Weird Purple Skink Dust Slither Opal Cobra Snapping Turtle
Birds:
(Anseriformes)
Mallard Brent Goose Trumpeter Swan
(Gailliformes)
Black Orpington Valley Quail Silver-Laced Rooster
(Striformes and Passerines)
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird Common Sparrow
Birdkin:
Hippojay
Mammals:
(Marsupial)
Sugarstalker
(Afrotehrian)
Moordwelling Trunker
(Rodents)
Sun Flecked Fieldmouse Old World Rabbit Fancy Rat Red Squirrel Arctic Lemming
(Misc, Chiropteran, Mole, Mustellid, Primate, Mustelloid)
Ashfall Bat Eastern Mole Ferret Plantain Poacher Skunk

Here's a simpler version in code form in case you need it:
Code:
[b]Cnidarian:[/b] [item=Crystal Jellyfish] [b]Molluscs:[/b] [item=Sun Baked Oysters][item=Devilsnap][item=Stubby Squid][item=Blue Ring Octopus][item=Garden Snail] [b]Worms:[/b] [item=Sand Sucker][item=Redworm] [b]Centipedes:[b] [item=Albino Dasher] [b]Arachnids:[b] [item=Tiger Fern Tarantula][item=Diving Aranea] [b]Crustaceans:[/b] [item=Sparkling Crayfish][item=Wetland Ghost][item=Hermit Crab][item=White Reaches Crab][item=Gaseous Megashrimp][item=Skittering Megashrimp][item=Abyss Vulture][item=Hardshell] [b]Insects:[/b] [item=Frostbite Beetle][item=Two-tone Brown Beetle][item=Mealworm][item=Green June Beetle][item=Reedcleft Sparkler][item=Egghead Infiltrator][item=Pauper Larvae][item=Swamp Mosquito][item=Gold Fly][item=Venomous Fly][item=Rhododendron Leafhopper][item=Moonlight Strider][item=Water Bug][item=Water Strider][item=Pharaoh Ant][item=White Lace Honeybee][item=White Cabbage Butterfly][item=Catoptria Grass Moth][item=Zebra Caterpillar][item=Catocala Moth][item=Dark-bordered Beauty][item=Leafy Moth][item=Boxer Mantis][item=Dragonfly][item=Cricket][item=Grasshopper][item=Tinder Bug][item=False Mantis Prickler] [b]Echinoderms:[/b] [item=Deepsea Cucumber][item=Angelspine][item=Morning Star] [b]Fish:[/b] [item=Common Minnow][item=Sunfish][item=Flying Fish][item=Sunset Sea Dragon][item=Golden Rainbow Trout][item=Green Corycat][item=Brack Bloat][item=Silver Guppy][item=Serpae Tetras][item=Leopard Needletooth][item=Chromodori Swimmer][item=Golden Snakehead][item=Marbled Hatchetfish][item=Kuhli Loach][item=Luminous Shortfin][item=Pale Smallmouth][item=Discus] [b]Amphibians:[/b] [item=Brown Spot Toad][item=Banded Dart Frog][item=Leucistic Axolotl] [b]Reptiles:[/b] [item=Shiny Anole][item=Tree Gecko][item=Weird Purple Skink][item=Dust Slither][item=Opal Cobra][item=Snapping Turtle] [b]Birds:[/b] [item=Mallard][item=Brent Goose][item=Trumpeter Swan][item=Black Orpington][item=Valley Quail][item=Silver-Laced Rooster][item=Ruby-Throated Hummingbird][item=Common Sparrow] [b]Birdkin:[/b] [item=Hippojay] [b]Mammals:[/b] [item=Sugarstalker][item=Moordwelling Trunker][item=Sun Flecked Fieldmouse][item=Old World Rabbit][item=Fancy Rat][item=Red Squirrel][item=Arctic Lemming][item=Ashfall Bat][item=Eastern Mole][item=Ferret][item=Plantain Poacher][item=Skunk]

As for helping me with mine, I am neck-deep in fish at the moment, so give me a thousand years to complete the fish lists then I'll be able to think on what needs doing next XD

@MasterofKeta Ahhh thanks very much! I was clearly not paying attention when making that post XD
I've reshuffled them now, but still have not written a full bio for them (currently wading through fish). The credit at the bottom of the post will turn into a ping once the information is fully updated, thank you so much!
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
@Northwyrm

Hey, shouldn't the sparrows be listed under Passerines? Passeriforms include songbirds, sparrows, thrushes and others!
@Northwyrm

Hey, shouldn't the sparrows be listed under Passerines? Passeriforms include songbirds, sparrows, thrushes and others!
A blocky drawing of Trypsin, a black, white, and green Spiral. The image links to Trypsin's page.
@Northwyrm Zoologist thing? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33157660] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/331577/33157660_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Baniko! He is actually the beast tamer of the clan but due to meeting so many beasts he would like to learn about them!
@Northwyrm
Zoologist thing?

33157660_350.png

This is Baniko! He is actually the beast tamer of the clan but due to meeting so many beasts he would like to learn about them!
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
@MysterySandwing they are listed into passerines, but I have grouped passerines into 'corvids' and 'not corvids', and the two font sizes are sort of similar so it's hard to tell. I may edit the layouts to make it clearer that 'not-corvids' is a group under Passerines, or I may just write 'not corvid passerines'. Thanks for noticing my poor organisation XD
@SkullLotus I'll add him to the Zoologists!
@MysterySandwing they are listed into passerines, but I have grouped passerines into 'corvids' and 'not corvids', and the two font sizes are sort of similar so it's hard to tell. I may edit the layouts to make it clearer that 'not-corvids' is a group under Passerines, or I may just write 'not corvid passerines'. Thanks for noticing my poor organisation XD
@SkullLotus I'll add him to the Zoologists!
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
@Northwyrm

Oh, okay! No problem~! :3
@Northwyrm

Oh, okay! No problem~! :3
A blocky drawing of Trypsin, a black, white, and green Spiral. The image links to Trypsin's page.
Im screaming right now, this is beautiful!! You did so much work omg~
Im screaming right now, this is beautiful!! You did so much work omg~
Poker-cards-artistic-1.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12