Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Misfits: Lore and Random Writing
1 2 3 4
Notes: Please do not offer criticism unless if I ask for it. This is something to just have some fun with. But if you want to be pinged for when I do something for whatever reason, just let me know.

MISFITS

Situated on the western edge of the Starwood Strand, close to the Crystalspine Reaches for easy access for trade. They're generally accepting of any dragon, and are not at all dominance focused. As a result, many dragons of different backgrounds have come to this growing Arcane clan.

Thanks to the many dragons with different professions, some dragons may come here to be apprenticed. Most dragons are personally more than happy to teach them their skills.

It also offers shelter to dragons in need. Most of these dragons tend to be off in their own separate lair, but it's no less or more comfortable than the main lairs.

The government is democratic in nature. There are three leaders, elected by the citizens. Each leader juggles ideas on what they think is best for the Misfits, and other clan members vote whether it should pass or not.

As of March 13, 2018, the Misfits are currently homeless. They have taken refuge within a Shadow clan.
After the plants perished, the Misfits have cleaned out their home and have returned to their daily lives.

The Misfits were previously of the Plague flight. But after a Lithetail Assassin burned down their old lair shortly after the Riot of Rot of 2018, they were forced to relocate to the Arcane flight.

Other notes
They work under the dragon version of the Geneva Conventions.
Though they have several buildings above ground, the majority of the lair is underground.

Recently, they have finally relented to a common request of traveling dragons and began training prospecting warriors in basic combat, so that they can leave and serve their deity, or help others do the same. These trainees, trained by the Misfits Guard, are given the title of Starvirus.
OFFSPRING
If you have any of these dragons that descended from any of my dragons, you're eligible for being a part of this lore! Just ask, but make sure you've named your hatchling! I'll even accept exalted dragons into the lore as long as they're named! However, more often than not I'm going to name them myself due to fear of them being exalted without being named first. I'll usually check to make sure that you did get something I hatched. I altered this so I don't have to record every dragon I hatched here.
ASSOCIATIONS WITH OTHER CLANS

The Misfits are familiar with another Plague Clan. They're on good terms for the most part, though some dragons may argue with a Skydancer in the other clan, known as IceCream.

After the First Seed was planted, the Misfits took refuge within a Shadow clan. They had left after a few days to clear away the plants from their home, but they're willing to return the favor for the clan of sorcerers.

We can always use more interactions with other clans! Why not ask about us coming up with something for our clan interactions or between specific dragons?

ART OF MY DRAGONS
Obsius
Hemomancer

PING LIST

@ClockworkEclipse
Notes: Please do not offer criticism unless if I ask for it. This is something to just have some fun with. But if you want to be pinged for when I do something for whatever reason, just let me know.

MISFITS

Situated on the western edge of the Starwood Strand, close to the Crystalspine Reaches for easy access for trade. They're generally accepting of any dragon, and are not at all dominance focused. As a result, many dragons of different backgrounds have come to this growing Arcane clan.

Thanks to the many dragons with different professions, some dragons may come here to be apprenticed. Most dragons are personally more than happy to teach them their skills.

It also offers shelter to dragons in need. Most of these dragons tend to be off in their own separate lair, but it's no less or more comfortable than the main lairs.

The government is democratic in nature. There are three leaders, elected by the citizens. Each leader juggles ideas on what they think is best for the Misfits, and other clan members vote whether it should pass or not.

As of March 13, 2018, the Misfits are currently homeless. They have taken refuge within a Shadow clan.
After the plants perished, the Misfits have cleaned out their home and have returned to their daily lives.

The Misfits were previously of the Plague flight. But after a Lithetail Assassin burned down their old lair shortly after the Riot of Rot of 2018, they were forced to relocate to the Arcane flight.

Other notes
They work under the dragon version of the Geneva Conventions.
Though they have several buildings above ground, the majority of the lair is underground.

Recently, they have finally relented to a common request of traveling dragons and began training prospecting warriors in basic combat, so that they can leave and serve their deity, or help others do the same. These trainees, trained by the Misfits Guard, are given the title of Starvirus.
OFFSPRING
If you have any of these dragons that descended from any of my dragons, you're eligible for being a part of this lore! Just ask, but make sure you've named your hatchling! I'll even accept exalted dragons into the lore as long as they're named! However, more often than not I'm going to name them myself due to fear of them being exalted without being named first. I'll usually check to make sure that you did get something I hatched. I altered this so I don't have to record every dragon I hatched here.
ASSOCIATIONS WITH OTHER CLANS

The Misfits are familiar with another Plague Clan. They're on good terms for the most part, though some dragons may argue with a Skydancer in the other clan, known as IceCream.

After the First Seed was planted, the Misfits took refuge within a Shadow clan. They had left after a few days to clear away the plants from their home, but they're willing to return the favor for the clan of sorcerers.

We can always use more interactions with other clans! Why not ask about us coming up with something for our clan interactions or between specific dragons?

ART OF MY DRAGONS
Obsius
Hemomancer

PING LIST

@ClockworkEclipse
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
Notes: Well, to try to kick off my random writing, I used a random number generator to see which lore dragon I should write about first. Obsius was assigned as number one, and guess which number it landed on? More often than not, this is first draft, but I don't think it's going to be that serious since I'm just gonna mess around with the interactions of the dragons of the Misfits.

OBSIUS

Well, isn't this a wonderful inconvenience?

Obsius had received a request from somewhere in the Sunbeam Ruins asking for her to brew a Black Lab Coat. Judging by the writing style of the letter sent, which used quite a bit of slang, the writer didn't seem to be that much of a scientist. But considering the low amount of business she's getting as a brewery rental, the female Guardian isn't going to pass this opportunity. She had received the needed materials and had left it to brew for a few hours.

Except when she came back after leaving the lab coat brewing, Obsius was met with a completely empty cauldron. Not a single sign of black-colored cloth.

Well, Toxicus couldn't have taken it out. The Bogsneak was visiting the trading post to get the clan's daily free item from Pinkerton, and this late in the evening was good enough to where there isn't much of a crowd, so that the female wouldn't feel intimidated there.

Obsius stepped out of her portion of lair, completely frustrated. When a small dragon passed by her, she took out her anger by snapping, "What?"
"I'm sorry if I bothered you! I was just done with my lesson with Quetzal, and I thought I would go visit Sanguis," Hyacin said.
"Did ya take the coat?" Obsius accused the hatchling. After all, she happened to be near the alchemist's lair when she stumbled on the Guardian.
The red-eyed hatchling shook her head. "I didn't, I don't even know what you're talking about. Speaking of, Quetzal had given me a fun lesson by showing me a coat and showing me how it was sewed! He left for a few seconds and had came back with it."
Obsius raised her brow, which couldn't be seen beneath her bird skull mask. "...Was it black?"

A moment later, birds flew away from the Misfits' part of the Wandering Contagion and many dragon heads rose up at the response.

"QUETZAL, I'M GOIN' TO KILL YA!"

Obsius stormed into Quetzal's lair, which was decorated with different kinds of dragon mannequins in different outfits. The Coatl was drawing plans for his next outfit, and he looked up to see the Guardian, seemingly oblivious to the fury on her face.
"Oh hello there! Marvelous evening today, isn't it? Hmm? Why are you-"
The 15-meter blood red dragon lifted the much smaller dragon by the neck using one of her front feet.
"Where in the name of the Plaguebringer did ya put the black lab coat?" Obsius snarled.
"O-oh dear me. It's over th-there." Quetzal pointed at a wooden table, where the coat was sitting neatly folded.
The Guardian dropped the Coatl on to the ground and picked up the black lab coat.
"My deepest apologies for any inconvenience," Quetzal apologized, rubbing his white throat, "I just thought I could show it to my apprentice."
Obsius let out an exasperated sigh. "I told ya a million times, ya can't just snatch things outta the cauldron. This piece of clothing can be bought for a good chunk of Treasure if ya happened to ruin it, but what if it was somethin' more expensive? It'll land the entire clan straight into debt. Now, if ya excuse me, I have to go over to the Crossroads to deliver this to the Light dragon."

And with that, Obsius left Quetzal's lair, her blood still somewhat boiling over this.
Notes: Well, to try to kick off my random writing, I used a random number generator to see which lore dragon I should write about first. Obsius was assigned as number one, and guess which number it landed on? More often than not, this is first draft, but I don't think it's going to be that serious since I'm just gonna mess around with the interactions of the dragons of the Misfits.

OBSIUS

Well, isn't this a wonderful inconvenience?

Obsius had received a request from somewhere in the Sunbeam Ruins asking for her to brew a Black Lab Coat. Judging by the writing style of the letter sent, which used quite a bit of slang, the writer didn't seem to be that much of a scientist. But considering the low amount of business she's getting as a brewery rental, the female Guardian isn't going to pass this opportunity. She had received the needed materials and had left it to brew for a few hours.

Except when she came back after leaving the lab coat brewing, Obsius was met with a completely empty cauldron. Not a single sign of black-colored cloth.

Well, Toxicus couldn't have taken it out. The Bogsneak was visiting the trading post to get the clan's daily free item from Pinkerton, and this late in the evening was good enough to where there isn't much of a crowd, so that the female wouldn't feel intimidated there.

Obsius stepped out of her portion of lair, completely frustrated. When a small dragon passed by her, she took out her anger by snapping, "What?"
"I'm sorry if I bothered you! I was just done with my lesson with Quetzal, and I thought I would go visit Sanguis," Hyacin said.
"Did ya take the coat?" Obsius accused the hatchling. After all, she happened to be near the alchemist's lair when she stumbled on the Guardian.
The red-eyed hatchling shook her head. "I didn't, I don't even know what you're talking about. Speaking of, Quetzal had given me a fun lesson by showing me a coat and showing me how it was sewed! He left for a few seconds and had came back with it."
Obsius raised her brow, which couldn't be seen beneath her bird skull mask. "...Was it black?"

A moment later, birds flew away from the Misfits' part of the Wandering Contagion and many dragon heads rose up at the response.

"QUETZAL, I'M GOIN' TO KILL YA!"

Obsius stormed into Quetzal's lair, which was decorated with different kinds of dragon mannequins in different outfits. The Coatl was drawing plans for his next outfit, and he looked up to see the Guardian, seemingly oblivious to the fury on her face.
"Oh hello there! Marvelous evening today, isn't it? Hmm? Why are you-"
The 15-meter blood red dragon lifted the much smaller dragon by the neck using one of her front feet.
"Where in the name of the Plaguebringer did ya put the black lab coat?" Obsius snarled.
"O-oh dear me. It's over th-there." Quetzal pointed at a wooden table, where the coat was sitting neatly folded.
The Guardian dropped the Coatl on to the ground and picked up the black lab coat.
"My deepest apologies for any inconvenience," Quetzal apologized, rubbing his white throat, "I just thought I could show it to my apprentice."
Obsius let out an exasperated sigh. "I told ya a million times, ya can't just snatch things outta the cauldron. This piece of clothing can be bought for a good chunk of Treasure if ya happened to ruin it, but what if it was somethin' more expensive? It'll land the entire clan straight into debt. Now, if ya excuse me, I have to go over to the Crossroads to deliver this to the Light dragon."

And with that, Obsius left Quetzal's lair, her blood still somewhat boiling over this.
Notes: I think my random number generator is just counting up, since it rolled a two, which is Seraphim's assigned number. Well, here we go. Gonna be short thanks to it being kind of late.

Also, it's not even two days until Independence Day and people are already throwing out fireworks.
Seraphim

A Tundra flinched as he heard a female voice announcing that they were going to kill Quetzal. It was probably his ex-mate, Obsius. He knew that she couldn't stand the Coatl.

Seraphim sometimes missed what they had in their relationship. Her scent graces his nostrils all the time since they are both leaders, but it wasn't the same. Still, he respected her wishes, even though the Guardian thought he wasn't assertive enough. Maybe he actually wasn't, as most dragons will try desperately to hook back up with their mates but Seraphim just didn't try to.

But it's best to not dwell on it.

Seraphim was working on a new invention. He had came up with a blueprint for a potential machine that utilized magic, one of his biggest goals in life. More specifically, this was an invention that would utilize Ice magic. He was going to ask Moonlight if he could use his magic, but Seraphim was going to actually have to build the thing first.

A familiar aroma entered his lair. He turned around to see his son, Sanguis, who was peering at him through darksteel glasses.
"Hello, my son," Seraphim greeted him.
"Dad, you don't have to constantly refer to the fact I am of your blood. 'Sanguis' does just as well."
"Apologies," the older Tundra responded, screwing on a bolt into the machine.
"Wait, are you trying to mix technology and magic again?"
"Yes."
"I don't mean to burst your bubble, but do you recall how the Second Age ended?"
"Yes, I am aware of it," Seraphim replied, "but we're not going to let that happen. By the way, can Ice magic be contained?"
Sanguis tilted his head. "I haven't read too much on the subject, but theoretically. I'll have to inquire a mage about this. Moonlight seems the most knowledgeable on this subject."
"Thank you," Seraphim said, dipping his head. "I'm curious though, what have you come here though?"
"I was aware that you have taken out a book that was on the subject of older inventions made by the dragons of the Shifting Expanse from the library a long while back, and I was going to request it back," Sanguis explained.
"Oh." The stone grey Tundra stood up and dug around in his cabinets, eventually managing to fish out a leather-bound book and handed it to the red Tundra. The latter nodded his head in thanks before leaving his father's lair, leaving Seraphim to continue working on his invention.
Notes: I think my random number generator is just counting up, since it rolled a two, which is Seraphim's assigned number. Well, here we go. Gonna be short thanks to it being kind of late.

Also, it's not even two days until Independence Day and people are already throwing out fireworks.
Seraphim

A Tundra flinched as he heard a female voice announcing that they were going to kill Quetzal. It was probably his ex-mate, Obsius. He knew that she couldn't stand the Coatl.

Seraphim sometimes missed what they had in their relationship. Her scent graces his nostrils all the time since they are both leaders, but it wasn't the same. Still, he respected her wishes, even though the Guardian thought he wasn't assertive enough. Maybe he actually wasn't, as most dragons will try desperately to hook back up with their mates but Seraphim just didn't try to.

But it's best to not dwell on it.

Seraphim was working on a new invention. He had came up with a blueprint for a potential machine that utilized magic, one of his biggest goals in life. More specifically, this was an invention that would utilize Ice magic. He was going to ask Moonlight if he could use his magic, but Seraphim was going to actually have to build the thing first.

A familiar aroma entered his lair. He turned around to see his son, Sanguis, who was peering at him through darksteel glasses.
"Hello, my son," Seraphim greeted him.
"Dad, you don't have to constantly refer to the fact I am of your blood. 'Sanguis' does just as well."
"Apologies," the older Tundra responded, screwing on a bolt into the machine.
"Wait, are you trying to mix technology and magic again?"
"Yes."
"I don't mean to burst your bubble, but do you recall how the Second Age ended?"
"Yes, I am aware of it," Seraphim replied, "but we're not going to let that happen. By the way, can Ice magic be contained?"
Sanguis tilted his head. "I haven't read too much on the subject, but theoretically. I'll have to inquire a mage about this. Moonlight seems the most knowledgeable on this subject."
"Thank you," Seraphim said, dipping his head. "I'm curious though, what have you come here though?"
"I was aware that you have taken out a book that was on the subject of older inventions made by the dragons of the Shifting Expanse from the library a long while back, and I was going to request it back," Sanguis explained.
"Oh." The stone grey Tundra stood up and dug around in his cabinets, eventually managing to fish out a leather-bound book and handed it to the red Tundra. The latter nodded his head in thanks before leaving his father's lair, leaving Seraphim to continue working on his invention.
NOTES: WELL the almighty random number generator decided to do make me do a piece on the Misfits' newest member. So let's go.
FORTI

A violet Fae hatchling flitted around the red, decaying land of the Scarred Wasteland. Despite the landscape, which would disturb non-Plague hatchlings her age. However, Forti was more interested in what could be found in this new place.

Lisa was babysitting the hatchling while the Fae was digging and scavenging. The Tundra didn't mind, it meant she could interact with some of the wild animals. At the moment, she managed to lure over a black Marsh Rabbit with an offering of a few blades of Desert Scrub. It had worked, as it was happily munching on the plant.

Forti was digging at the ground for a while. For a dragon her size, she could sure dig. The red fleshy soil was flung back by her claws as she burrowed into the ground. At this rate, she'll be able to dig like a Ridgeback, Lisa had thought to herself, except with a lot less noticeable noise.

Eventually, the female Fae found something that had caught her eye.

Forti dug further until she had uncovered her new treasure. It was an weird orange-ish object with a smooth texture. There was something like an insect trapped in it. It looked like it was struggling to get out before it met its terrible demise. It was fascinating, and a real treasure.

"Lisa! Lisa! Look at what I found!" Forti said excitedly, flying up to the Tundra with the new object in tow. The Marsh Rabbit looked up before sprinting off.

Lisa examined the new found. "Look at that! You found an amber--it's very old you know."
Forti's chest swelled in pride. If it's old, than it must mean it's a true treasure!

Excitedly, the adventurous hatchling continued digging, while the female Tundra watched.
NOTES: WELL the almighty random number generator decided to do make me do a piece on the Misfits' newest member. So let's go.
FORTI

A violet Fae hatchling flitted around the red, decaying land of the Scarred Wasteland. Despite the landscape, which would disturb non-Plague hatchlings her age. However, Forti was more interested in what could be found in this new place.

Lisa was babysitting the hatchling while the Fae was digging and scavenging. The Tundra didn't mind, it meant she could interact with some of the wild animals. At the moment, she managed to lure over a black Marsh Rabbit with an offering of a few blades of Desert Scrub. It had worked, as it was happily munching on the plant.

Forti was digging at the ground for a while. For a dragon her size, she could sure dig. The red fleshy soil was flung back by her claws as she burrowed into the ground. At this rate, she'll be able to dig like a Ridgeback, Lisa had thought to herself, except with a lot less noticeable noise.

Eventually, the female Fae found something that had caught her eye.

Forti dug further until she had uncovered her new treasure. It was an weird orange-ish object with a smooth texture. There was something like an insect trapped in it. It looked like it was struggling to get out before it met its terrible demise. It was fascinating, and a real treasure.

"Lisa! Lisa! Look at what I found!" Forti said excitedly, flying up to the Tundra with the new object in tow. The Marsh Rabbit looked up before sprinting off.

Lisa examined the new found. "Look at that! You found an amber--it's very old you know."
Forti's chest swelled in pride. If it's old, than it must mean it's a true treasure!

Excitedly, the adventurous hatchling continued digging, while the female Tundra watched.
NOTES: Well, guess who the gods of the random number generator decided to pick for me this time?
TOXICUS

Crickets were chirping around the Trading Post, which would tempt many insect eaters to pounce on them. Of course...if there that many dragons around. Really, it was just the small family of Faes offering to trade for items, a hoarder of a Tundra and her slightly irritated looking brother giving away said hoard, a blue Snapper recording information, and a Bogsneak eager about his alchemical experimentation.

Well, there is a few customer dragons making their late night rounds here. One of them is a violet Bogsneak with green streaks all over her body. Her short legs awkwardly carried her to the male Tundra with the pile of items behind him, feeling somewhat self-conscious of her rather homely looks and a sudden change in appearance--her claws, which were now glowing a bright green.

Today, before Obsius had gotten her order for a Black Lab Coat and Toxicus was sent to the Trading Post to retrieve an item from Pinkerton, she was allowed to experiment with her knowledge of alchemy. The problem is, she dipped her claws into the bubbling green liquid a bit too much while she was messing around the cauldron, and the glowing only just manifested itself. What will the Guardian think? Will she get mad? Obsius has always said that it could dangerous if the liquid touches your skin too much.

Toxicus took flight as she held a small fly that was buzzing around in her hands. Lazuli would probably like this one...

Toxicus caught sight of the Wandering Contagion and her clan occupying it up ahead, and she was once again filled with dread. The Bogsneak touched ground right in front of her mentor's lair. Upon entering, she could clearly see that Obsius was not in a good mood.
"O-Obsius...?" Toxicus called out, a bit hesitant.
The blood red Guardian turned her scarlet gaze to meet Toxicus's pale blue eyes. "Ya got the freebie?"
Toxicus nodded shakily, and handed it to Obsius. This caused the Guardian to look at her claws, which were noticeably different.
"I-I'm sorry, I know that the cauldron brews are dangerous but-"
"What? Ya think I'm mad about ya claws? Nah, it's a newbie mistake everyone makes," Obsius said, holding out her glowing red claws to show them to her charge. "I'm just glad nothin' worse happened to ya. If anything, I'm actually kinda proud that you showed such a thrill for experimentin'. Just lil' riled up about an incident with that stupid Coatl earlier today. C'mon, let's continue our lesson where we left off yesterday."
And with that, the two female dragons had gathered themselves around a cauldron, likely for teaching a new alchemical recipe.

@ClockworkEclipse

EDIT: Added a sentence to the last paragraph.
NOTES: Well, guess who the gods of the random number generator decided to pick for me this time?
TOXICUS

Crickets were chirping around the Trading Post, which would tempt many insect eaters to pounce on them. Of course...if there that many dragons around. Really, it was just the small family of Faes offering to trade for items, a hoarder of a Tundra and her slightly irritated looking brother giving away said hoard, a blue Snapper recording information, and a Bogsneak eager about his alchemical experimentation.

Well, there is a few customer dragons making their late night rounds here. One of them is a violet Bogsneak with green streaks all over her body. Her short legs awkwardly carried her to the male Tundra with the pile of items behind him, feeling somewhat self-conscious of her rather homely looks and a sudden change in appearance--her claws, which were now glowing a bright green.

Today, before Obsius had gotten her order for a Black Lab Coat and Toxicus was sent to the Trading Post to retrieve an item from Pinkerton, she was allowed to experiment with her knowledge of alchemy. The problem is, she dipped her claws into the bubbling green liquid a bit too much while she was messing around the cauldron, and the glowing only just manifested itself. What will the Guardian think? Will she get mad? Obsius has always said that it could dangerous if the liquid touches your skin too much.

Toxicus took flight as she held a small fly that was buzzing around in her hands. Lazuli would probably like this one...

Toxicus caught sight of the Wandering Contagion and her clan occupying it up ahead, and she was once again filled with dread. The Bogsneak touched ground right in front of her mentor's lair. Upon entering, she could clearly see that Obsius was not in a good mood.
"O-Obsius...?" Toxicus called out, a bit hesitant.
The blood red Guardian turned her scarlet gaze to meet Toxicus's pale blue eyes. "Ya got the freebie?"
Toxicus nodded shakily, and handed it to Obsius. This caused the Guardian to look at her claws, which were noticeably different.
"I-I'm sorry, I know that the cauldron brews are dangerous but-"
"What? Ya think I'm mad about ya claws? Nah, it's a newbie mistake everyone makes," Obsius said, holding out her glowing red claws to show them to her charge. "I'm just glad nothin' worse happened to ya. If anything, I'm actually kinda proud that you showed such a thrill for experimentin'. Just lil' riled up about an incident with that stupid Coatl earlier today. C'mon, let's continue our lesson where we left off yesterday."
And with that, the two female dragons had gathered themselves around a cauldron, likely for teaching a new alchemical recipe.

@ClockworkEclipse

EDIT: Added a sentence to the last paragraph.
NOTES: THE GODS OF THE RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR HAS SPOKEN. Lazuli is up next! Also, after introducing a few more characters, I might do this thread's first story arc. Also this is a short one.

LAZULI

It was the crack of dawn, and a turquoise colored Skydancer in blue armor kept on watch.

Lazuli didn't mind, really. Sometimes the clan was a bit loud for her taste, and often times she's the only silent one. Not out of choice, but because she was a mute. When the clan is unusually loud and it is one of the busier times of the day, she would gladly take the opportunity to tell everyone to shut up. At least she has an ally in Obsius regarding these peaks of great noise, as it seems the alchemist can't focus or properly teach her apprentice due to this environment.

She looked up at the sky. Though the stars are still visible, the sky is slowly turning into a lighter shade of blue as it made way for the arrival of the sun. This was the reason why Lazuli takes the night watch. She always loved the night as well as both the sunrise and the sunset, and would love to hang out with a dragon that would study the cosmos, as that kind of thing would be inevitable as all dragons of all kinds of professions are found in the Misfits. In fact, the Skydancer was going out to watch the meteor shower one day before....

No, it's best to not dwell on that. Lazuli is living the moment in the now, it won't do her any good to reflect back on that night.

After a few hours, the sun emerged, bringing it a spectrum of all kinds of colors. It was a beautiful blend of oranges, lavender, and blues. The pink-hued clouds surrounded the horizon where the red-orange sun rose.

She was interrupted by a familiar, booming voice, startling her.
"'Ey there lass! Ready t'carry over the duties ovah to me?" Aurum asked her, clad in his usual Brightscale Armor.
Lazuli nodded, giving up her position to the Nocturne. She'll watch the sunrise somewhere else.

@ClockworkEclipse
NOTES: THE GODS OF THE RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR HAS SPOKEN. Lazuli is up next! Also, after introducing a few more characters, I might do this thread's first story arc. Also this is a short one.

LAZULI

It was the crack of dawn, and a turquoise colored Skydancer in blue armor kept on watch.

Lazuli didn't mind, really. Sometimes the clan was a bit loud for her taste, and often times she's the only silent one. Not out of choice, but because she was a mute. When the clan is unusually loud and it is one of the busier times of the day, she would gladly take the opportunity to tell everyone to shut up. At least she has an ally in Obsius regarding these peaks of great noise, as it seems the alchemist can't focus or properly teach her apprentice due to this environment.

She looked up at the sky. Though the stars are still visible, the sky is slowly turning into a lighter shade of blue as it made way for the arrival of the sun. This was the reason why Lazuli takes the night watch. She always loved the night as well as both the sunrise and the sunset, and would love to hang out with a dragon that would study the cosmos, as that kind of thing would be inevitable as all dragons of all kinds of professions are found in the Misfits. In fact, the Skydancer was going out to watch the meteor shower one day before....

No, it's best to not dwell on that. Lazuli is living the moment in the now, it won't do her any good to reflect back on that night.

After a few hours, the sun emerged, bringing it a spectrum of all kinds of colors. It was a beautiful blend of oranges, lavender, and blues. The pink-hued clouds surrounded the horizon where the red-orange sun rose.

She was interrupted by a familiar, booming voice, startling her.
"'Ey there lass! Ready t'carry over the duties ovah to me?" Aurum asked her, clad in his usual Brightscale Armor.
Lazuli nodded, giving up her position to the Nocturne. She'll watch the sunrise somewhere else.

@ClockworkEclipse
OOC: Well, according to the RNG, Lisa is going to be written next. This won't be as interaction focused as the others, but anyways, here we go!
LISA

It was the dawn of a new day, and Lisa was hard at work.

Though it wasn't for the creation of products like Obsius or Quetzal, or studying like Tempest and Vintage, or even selling things like Lapide and Xiu.

The purple and white Tundra instead was looking after the familiars of the clan. And indeed, she quite enjoyed their presence. It was highly rewarding to look after such creatures, as once you earn their trust there's a lot of love that they'll give.

As she happily fed carrots to Aurum's Spirit of Light, she heard sneezing from her own Zeeba. It would not normally be a bothersome occurrence, except that upon closer inspection, the purple creature's nose was running.
"Oh no, you're sick!" Lisa said. She never had any creature that was sick under her care before, so she was quite uncertain what to do. The Tundra then realized that her friend Sanguis might have something in his library.
"Don't worry sweetie, Mama Lisa is going to find something that will help," she told her familiar, before leaving her part of the lair.

It was quiet in the library, as usual, and Sanguis was organizing books. She thought it best to not disturb him, as even though they're friends she could tell he was slightly annoyed whenever she disrupted whatever the red dragon was doing, so Lisa sought out the section where such a book she's seeking is at.

It was difficult, but the female dragon eventually found the book. It was on familiar care, which should have something on treating illnesses.
"Sanguis?" Lisa called out, prompting the other Tundra to look over. Thankfully, he didn't looked irritated.
"What is it?"
"I'm going to take out this book, if that's okay," she said.
"Oh yeah, go ahead. Just be sure to return it in two weeks," Sanguis responded.
Lisa nodded, and left the library.

@ClockworkEclipse
OOC: Well, according to the RNG, Lisa is going to be written next. This won't be as interaction focused as the others, but anyways, here we go!
LISA

It was the dawn of a new day, and Lisa was hard at work.

Though it wasn't for the creation of products like Obsius or Quetzal, or studying like Tempest and Vintage, or even selling things like Lapide and Xiu.

The purple and white Tundra instead was looking after the familiars of the clan. And indeed, she quite enjoyed their presence. It was highly rewarding to look after such creatures, as once you earn their trust there's a lot of love that they'll give.

As she happily fed carrots to Aurum's Spirit of Light, she heard sneezing from her own Zeeba. It would not normally be a bothersome occurrence, except that upon closer inspection, the purple creature's nose was running.
"Oh no, you're sick!" Lisa said. She never had any creature that was sick under her care before, so she was quite uncertain what to do. The Tundra then realized that her friend Sanguis might have something in his library.
"Don't worry sweetie, Mama Lisa is going to find something that will help," she told her familiar, before leaving her part of the lair.

It was quiet in the library, as usual, and Sanguis was organizing books. She thought it best to not disturb him, as even though they're friends she could tell he was slightly annoyed whenever she disrupted whatever the red dragon was doing, so Lisa sought out the section where such a book she's seeking is at.

It was difficult, but the female dragon eventually found the book. It was on familiar care, which should have something on treating illnesses.
"Sanguis?" Lisa called out, prompting the other Tundra to look over. Thankfully, he didn't looked irritated.
"What is it?"
"I'm going to take out this book, if that's okay," she said.
"Oh yeah, go ahead. Just be sure to return it in two weeks," Sanguis responded.
Lisa nodded, and left the library.

@ClockworkEclipse
(OOC: Looks like Vintage is up next to be written. After this, I will officially begin this clan's first story arc!)
VINTAGE

Right as Lisa left the library, a Skydancer had entered the place of books. His yellow eyes scanned the various books on the shelves. Indeed, he stood silent for some time, staring at one section in particular.

Sanguis had just finished organizing the shelves when he noticed Vintage.
"Excuse me, is there anything you're looking for?" he asked the cloaked dragon.
Vintage slowly turned his head to face him.
"Astronomy section," Vintage said, not as a question but more of a demand.
The Tundra didn't particularly like the other male's attitude. Sanguis growled, "Hey, you know it doesn't hurt to say please."
"Please. Where is it?"
Sanguis let out an exasperated sigh, and pointed at a shelf across the room. "The astronomy's section over there."
"Thank you."
The Skydancer had grabbed a library book detailing the history of the research of the night when he saw a book from the nearby fairy tales section. It was a collection of fairy tales originating from the area of the Tangled Wood, Sunbeam Ruins, and Viridian Labyrinth. He grabbed the book before laying down on the floor (much to Sanguis's dismay) and opening it.

Vintage flipped the pages until he saw one story in particular.

The Tale of the Fallen Story

Estimated to have been told one hundred years after the beginning of the Fourth Age in the Tangled Wood, the story was eventually studied in the Sunbeam Ruins, where it was studied until a Nature dragon, after visiting the Light region, had brought the story to the Viridian Labyrinth.

When the world was first born, the stars were created. The stars witnessed the war waged between the gods of Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind. Their lights had glowed in the sky when the Second Age ended, ending in the birth of the Arcanist, and they oversaw the battle between the forces of decay and growth. And yet they still persisted when the Shade had brought the world into ruin.

There was one star in particular that glowed more brilliantly than the rest. It was so brilliant, it could even be seen in the harsh sunlight of the Sunbeam Ruins, and had the privilege of always watching the sun and moon make their daily journeys. It bragged about it's great status about being the child of both day and night, and always strutted around in its splendor.

Soon, the other stars grew jealous of the brightest star. How dare the star not only show itself during the day, but boast about it in its arrogance?

Soon, they came up with a plan to humble the star.

One cloudy night, the star had paced back and forth. For how it could it display its brilliance when the clouds are in the way?
One of the other stars had approached it, and suggested that it come to the Lightweaver, to ask her to become brighter than herself.

And so the brightest star came to the Lightweaver, and told her, "I wish to become bright enough to pierce the clouds. Will you grant me your light so I can glow great enough to be seen from all of Sornieth?"
The Lightweaver agreed, and granted it her light.

All night and all day, the star had illuminated all the lands, showering them with its light. It was the greatest day of its life.

However, once the light had returned to the Lightweaver, the star had grown dark, and fell from the sky, much to the glee of its kind. It now roams Sornieth, desperately looking for a way back to its home in the sky.

Vintage put the book of fairy tales back on the shelf, in a noticeably solemn manner. He silently left, not wishing to speak to anyone for the rest of the day.

@ClockworkEclipse
(OOC: Looks like Vintage is up next to be written. After this, I will officially begin this clan's first story arc!)
VINTAGE

Right as Lisa left the library, a Skydancer had entered the place of books. His yellow eyes scanned the various books on the shelves. Indeed, he stood silent for some time, staring at one section in particular.

Sanguis had just finished organizing the shelves when he noticed Vintage.
"Excuse me, is there anything you're looking for?" he asked the cloaked dragon.
Vintage slowly turned his head to face him.
"Astronomy section," Vintage said, not as a question but more of a demand.
The Tundra didn't particularly like the other male's attitude. Sanguis growled, "Hey, you know it doesn't hurt to say please."
"Please. Where is it?"
Sanguis let out an exasperated sigh, and pointed at a shelf across the room. "The astronomy's section over there."
"Thank you."
The Skydancer had grabbed a library book detailing the history of the research of the night when he saw a book from the nearby fairy tales section. It was a collection of fairy tales originating from the area of the Tangled Wood, Sunbeam Ruins, and Viridian Labyrinth. He grabbed the book before laying down on the floor (much to Sanguis's dismay) and opening it.

Vintage flipped the pages until he saw one story in particular.

The Tale of the Fallen Story

Estimated to have been told one hundred years after the beginning of the Fourth Age in the Tangled Wood, the story was eventually studied in the Sunbeam Ruins, where it was studied until a Nature dragon, after visiting the Light region, had brought the story to the Viridian Labyrinth.

When the world was first born, the stars were created. The stars witnessed the war waged between the gods of Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind. Their lights had glowed in the sky when the Second Age ended, ending in the birth of the Arcanist, and they oversaw the battle between the forces of decay and growth. And yet they still persisted when the Shade had brought the world into ruin.

There was one star in particular that glowed more brilliantly than the rest. It was so brilliant, it could even be seen in the harsh sunlight of the Sunbeam Ruins, and had the privilege of always watching the sun and moon make their daily journeys. It bragged about it's great status about being the child of both day and night, and always strutted around in its splendor.

Soon, the other stars grew jealous of the brightest star. How dare the star not only show itself during the day, but boast about it in its arrogance?

Soon, they came up with a plan to humble the star.

One cloudy night, the star had paced back and forth. For how it could it display its brilliance when the clouds are in the way?
One of the other stars had approached it, and suggested that it come to the Lightweaver, to ask her to become brighter than herself.

And so the brightest star came to the Lightweaver, and told her, "I wish to become bright enough to pierce the clouds. Will you grant me your light so I can glow great enough to be seen from all of Sornieth?"
The Lightweaver agreed, and granted it her light.

All night and all day, the star had illuminated all the lands, showering them with its light. It was the greatest day of its life.

However, once the light had returned to the Lightweaver, the star had grown dark, and fell from the sky, much to the glee of its kind. It now roams Sornieth, desperately looking for a way back to its home in the sky.

Vintage put the book of fairy tales back on the shelf, in a noticeably solemn manner. He silently left, not wishing to speak to anyone for the rest of the day.

@ClockworkEclipse
THE MISFITS' BOUNTY OF THE ELEMENTS

The interactions with a nearby Serthis clan, with a Wildclaw named Naja who was raised among them and her Serthis companion acting as ambassadors between the two, was the first signs of prosperity reaching the clan as they began to interact with more and more dragon and Beastclan clans. Aside from a few food shortage scares and an Imperial stalking one of the healers, it was completely peaceful.

Obsius was taking a look at her schedule for the three leaders. They already have garnered a lot of trade partners and even a few allies in their belt, should a clan ever decide to try to attack them. Not that they probably would, the Misfits were as neutral as you can get.

"Bah! This schedule's gonna keep me from my brewin'," Obsius grumbled, noticing how many clans she'll have to meet up with.
"Hey, this is your month," Umbreon snapped back. "And you were lucky this is one of our downtime months. January was absolutely awful."
"Everyone, please do calm down," Seraphim said, acting as the peacekeeper. While Umbreon is normally respectful if shown respect, he's fairly snappy towards his Obsius. Obsius guessed it was because she accidentally melted down his birdskull necklace, forcing him to replace it. Well, don't leave your dang apparel in the hoard!
"Looks like I'm meetin' up with some Wind clan tonight," Obsius continued, looking back down at her schedule. "I absolutely hate th' winds there. I ain't better have my birdskull-"

A sudden trembling interrupted the Guardian. After a few minutes, the trembling stopped.
"What was that?" Umbreon said, alert.
Just then, Aurum entered the leaders' room from the tunnel connecting to it.
"Uh...hey?" the golden Nocturne said, being unusually quiet. "You guys might want to take a look outside."

Practically every single dragon was above ground, gawking at the sight before them.
"Hooooooly ****," Obsius mumbled.
In the distance, the pink crystals that dot the Arcane border, from which the clan lived a few miles off, had grown dramatically in size. They practically look like mountains now.
"'Ey, pink Ridgeback," the blood red Guardian said, calling over Anael who was nearby with her girlfriend and adoptive daughter. The mineralogist came over.
"Ya got an explanation for this?"
Anael shook her head. "Well, the crystals are basically stalagmites, which are mineral deposits that grow over time. But they're supposed to grow extremely slowly. Not in an instant like this."
"Whatever the hell's goin' on," Obsius replied, looking back at the towering pink crystals in the distance, "I ain't got a good feeling 'bout this."

@ClockworkEclipse

(THE MISFITS LORE IS BACK BABY)

EDIT: Made a few minor corrections.

The interactions with a nearby Serthis clan, with a Wildclaw named Naja who was raised among them and her Serthis companion acting as ambassadors between the two, was the first signs of prosperity reaching the clan as they began to interact with more and more dragon and Beastclan clans. Aside from a few food shortage scares and an Imperial stalking one of the healers, it was completely peaceful.

Obsius was taking a look at her schedule for the three leaders. They already have garnered a lot of trade partners and even a few allies in their belt, should a clan ever decide to try to attack them. Not that they probably would, the Misfits were as neutral as you can get.

"Bah! This schedule's gonna keep me from my brewin'," Obsius grumbled, noticing how many clans she'll have to meet up with.
"Hey, this is your month," Umbreon snapped back. "And you were lucky this is one of our downtime months. January was absolutely awful."
"Everyone, please do calm down," Seraphim said, acting as the peacekeeper. While Umbreon is normally respectful if shown respect, he's fairly snappy towards his Obsius. Obsius guessed it was because she accidentally melted down his birdskull necklace, forcing him to replace it. Well, don't leave your dang apparel in the hoard!
"Looks like I'm meetin' up with some Wind clan tonight," Obsius continued, looking back down at her schedule. "I absolutely hate th' winds there. I ain't better have my birdskull-"

A sudden trembling interrupted the Guardian. After a few minutes, the trembling stopped.
"What was that?" Umbreon said, alert.
Just then, Aurum entered the leaders' room from the tunnel connecting to it.
"Uh...hey?" the golden Nocturne said, being unusually quiet. "You guys might want to take a look outside."

Practically every single dragon was above ground, gawking at the sight before them.
"Hooooooly ****," Obsius mumbled.
In the distance, the pink crystals that dot the Arcane border, from which the clan lived a few miles off, had grown dramatically in size. They practically look like mountains now.
"'Ey, pink Ridgeback," the blood red Guardian said, calling over Anael who was nearby with her girlfriend and adoptive daughter. The mineralogist came over.
"Ya got an explanation for this?"
Anael shook her head. "Well, the crystals are basically stalagmites, which are mineral deposits that grow over time. But they're supposed to grow extremely slowly. Not in an instant like this."
"Whatever the hell's goin' on," Obsius replied, looking back at the towering pink crystals in the distance, "I ain't got a good feeling 'bout this."

@ClockworkEclipse

(THE MISFITS LORE IS BACK BABY)

EDIT: Made a few minor corrections.
THE TIMES ARE CHANGING

After the curious event, life in the clan resumed as normal, save for Anael investigating the phenomenon and everyone trying to keep Iliade away from the towering pink crystals.

Seraphim was in the leaders' room by himself. His mind was still somewhat focused on the crystals at the border. It didn't seem right to him. Obsius and Umbreon had been able to get on their daily lives, but the Tundra couldn't even concentrate long enough to work on his contraptions.

"Seraphim sir, I need to tell you something," a monotone voice sounded from behind him. It was Xiu, the trade relations manager.
The stone-colored Tundra turned around. "What is it?"
"Conci had recently came back from her visit to the Ashfall Waste. She....she said that the Great Furnace Forgeworks were shut down, and that the minor blacksmithing clans are rebelling against the Forgemasters' focus on profit. Many of the rebelling clans are our trade partners."
Seraphim looked down at the ground, and back at the smaller dragon. "I shall inform Obsius and Umbreon."

"Fantastic. First we got the crystals magically growin' 'n now this?" Obsius complained.
"It's certainly a problem," Seraphim said, frowning. "We get much of our ores from the Ashfall Waste. We'll lose weapons, armor, and jewelry as exports."
"I'd say we go talk it over with the Forgemasters," Umbreon suggested. "They're blacksmiths too, they should be able to see it from the smaller clans' point of view."
"Ain't no use Umb," the Guardian said. "We're 'bout as small as the rebelling Fire clans and we ain't exactly rich either. We oughtta help out the rebels. Send some of the Misfits guard over."
Seraphim stood up. "But we can't do that. What if we draw the ire of the wealthier Fire clans? Our clan won't be able to stand against them."
"Actually," Umbreon interjected, "I can't help but agree with Obsius."
This was a rare sight, they hardly ever agreed on anything. Seraphim's stomach sank.
"Your pacifist code had helped our clan get this far, even making a treaty with the Serthis," Umbreon continued. "But the times are changing, Seraphim. If this and the crystals growing a while back doesn't tell you that, then what will?"
Seraphim sighed. They seemed to be bent on actively helping the clans. "I have a suggestion. May we simply just send supplies? At least until we are forced to send our warriors and mages to help?"
"What? If we get to that point, there ain't be much we can do at that point!" Obsius protested.
Umbreon nodded at Seraphim, ignoring the grumpy Guardian. "Fine then. We will put out a vote among our clan whether we should send supplies to the rebellion. The Misfits will do something more drastic if the need arises."

The vote had been taken, and the majority of the lair agreed on sending supplies. Seraphim sat in the dining hall next to Moonlight. The mage Mirror had became something of a dragon to vent to for the trio of leaders.
"I can't believe it Moonlight," Seraphim said after swallowing a mouthful of leaves, "We all agreed that the Misfits would be a sanctuary for dragons avoiding war when we made the clan, back when it was just me, Obsius, Umbreon, Quetzal, Toxicus, Aurum, and Lazuli. What caused everyone to flip the clan's ideology like that?"
The brown and gold dragon nodded, indicating he heard him, and then responded, "I am not certain. I do not agree with the prospect of war either. But Sornieth...it is changing in more ways than one."
The Tundra looked at him. "How so?"
"Due to my proficiency in magic, I can sense the elements. And they are becoming more bountiful. Not just in the Starfall Isles, but here in the Scarred Wasteland as well. No doubt it is happening in other regions too."
"Do you know why?" Seraphim inquired.
Moonlight shook his head. "No, unfortunately not. But whatever happens, I would recommend all dragons to remain wary."

@ClockworkEclipse
THE TIMES ARE CHANGING

After the curious event, life in the clan resumed as normal, save for Anael investigating the phenomenon and everyone trying to keep Iliade away from the towering pink crystals.

Seraphim was in the leaders' room by himself. His mind was still somewhat focused on the crystals at the border. It didn't seem right to him. Obsius and Umbreon had been able to get on their daily lives, but the Tundra couldn't even concentrate long enough to work on his contraptions.

"Seraphim sir, I need to tell you something," a monotone voice sounded from behind him. It was Xiu, the trade relations manager.
The stone-colored Tundra turned around. "What is it?"
"Conci had recently came back from her visit to the Ashfall Waste. She....she said that the Great Furnace Forgeworks were shut down, and that the minor blacksmithing clans are rebelling against the Forgemasters' focus on profit. Many of the rebelling clans are our trade partners."
Seraphim looked down at the ground, and back at the smaller dragon. "I shall inform Obsius and Umbreon."

"Fantastic. First we got the crystals magically growin' 'n now this?" Obsius complained.
"It's certainly a problem," Seraphim said, frowning. "We get much of our ores from the Ashfall Waste. We'll lose weapons, armor, and jewelry as exports."
"I'd say we go talk it over with the Forgemasters," Umbreon suggested. "They're blacksmiths too, they should be able to see it from the smaller clans' point of view."
"Ain't no use Umb," the Guardian said. "We're 'bout as small as the rebelling Fire clans and we ain't exactly rich either. We oughtta help out the rebels. Send some of the Misfits guard over."
Seraphim stood up. "But we can't do that. What if we draw the ire of the wealthier Fire clans? Our clan won't be able to stand against them."
"Actually," Umbreon interjected, "I can't help but agree with Obsius."
This was a rare sight, they hardly ever agreed on anything. Seraphim's stomach sank.
"Your pacifist code had helped our clan get this far, even making a treaty with the Serthis," Umbreon continued. "But the times are changing, Seraphim. If this and the crystals growing a while back doesn't tell you that, then what will?"
Seraphim sighed. They seemed to be bent on actively helping the clans. "I have a suggestion. May we simply just send supplies? At least until we are forced to send our warriors and mages to help?"
"What? If we get to that point, there ain't be much we can do at that point!" Obsius protested.
Umbreon nodded at Seraphim, ignoring the grumpy Guardian. "Fine then. We will put out a vote among our clan whether we should send supplies to the rebellion. The Misfits will do something more drastic if the need arises."

The vote had been taken, and the majority of the lair agreed on sending supplies. Seraphim sat in the dining hall next to Moonlight. The mage Mirror had became something of a dragon to vent to for the trio of leaders.
"I can't believe it Moonlight," Seraphim said after swallowing a mouthful of leaves, "We all agreed that the Misfits would be a sanctuary for dragons avoiding war when we made the clan, back when it was just me, Obsius, Umbreon, Quetzal, Toxicus, Aurum, and Lazuli. What caused everyone to flip the clan's ideology like that?"
The brown and gold dragon nodded, indicating he heard him, and then responded, "I am not certain. I do not agree with the prospect of war either. But Sornieth...it is changing in more ways than one."
The Tundra looked at him. "How so?"
"Due to my proficiency in magic, I can sense the elements. And they are becoming more bountiful. Not just in the Starfall Isles, but here in the Scarred Wasteland as well. No doubt it is happening in other regions too."
"Do you know why?" Seraphim inquired.
Moonlight shook his head. "No, unfortunately not. But whatever happens, I would recommend all dragons to remain wary."

@ClockworkEclipse
1 2 3 4