Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Comic Book
1 2
So.... I've been working on a comic book featuring these 3 characters: [img]http://img12.deviantart.net/8bda/i/2017/144/2/1/siblings_by_oozepheroo-dbacb5r.png[/img] Here's the front cover: [img]http://pre07.deviantart.net/3f20/th/pre/i/2016/342/0/1/fire_season__front_cover_by_oozepheroo-daqxi3w.png[/img] I'm doing it all traditionally, using ink and watercolors. I have several pages done but I haven't scanned them in yet because my scanner is small and piecing the pages together in photoshop is kind of a pain, lol. I'll get a better scanner eventually and this won't be a problem then. Right now I'm working on polishing the storyline, and I'm having some trouble with that. I'm confident that I can draw whatever I want to say, but I don't know what I want to say! I know what key events are going to take place in the story, how it starts, and some things in the middle, but I'm having trouble thinking up of a good ending, and that's essential. D: Any tips for writing stories? And then on how to script it for a comic? I feel like once I figure that part out, I can just power through the comic panels and make good progress in a decent amount of time. Any help is appreciated!
So.... I've been working on a comic book featuring these 3 characters:
siblings_by_oozepheroo-dbacb5r.png

Here's the front cover:
fire_season__front_cover_by_oozepheroo-daqxi3w.png

I'm doing it all traditionally, using ink and watercolors. I have several pages done but I haven't scanned them in yet because my scanner is small and piecing the pages together in photoshop is kind of a pain, lol. I'll get a better scanner eventually and this won't be a problem then.

Right now I'm working on polishing the storyline, and I'm having some trouble with that. I'm confident that I can draw whatever I want to say, but I don't know what I want to say! I know what key events are going to take place in the story, how it starts, and some things in the middle, but I'm having trouble thinking up of a good ending, and that's essential. D:

Any tips for writing stories? And then on how to script it for a comic? I feel like once I figure that part out, I can just power through the comic panels and make good progress in a decent amount of time. Any help is appreciated!
3tufjzM.jpg Honeybee
Page 1 [img]http://pre02.deviantart.net/9e73/th/pre/i/2016/355/d/2/fire_season__ch_1_pg_1_by_oozepheroo-dasc3qp.png[/img] Page 2 [img]http://orig05.deviantart.net/dc19/f/2017/144/7/e/page2_small_by_oozepheroo-dbacei4.jpg[/img] I struggle with dialogue, lol.
Page 1
fire_season__ch_1_pg_1_by_oozepheroo-dasc3qp.png

Page 2
page2_small_by_oozepheroo-dbacei4.jpg

I struggle with dialogue, lol.
3tufjzM.jpg Honeybee
Reserved for later.
Reserved for later.
3tufjzM.jpg Honeybee
@Zepher

This looks fantastic so far. Keep it up!
@Zepher

This looks fantastic so far. Keep it up!
@zepher
*claps*
This looks amazing! Your art is so nice ^-^
@zepher
*claps*
This looks amazing! Your art is so nice ^-^
KBQZyFR.pngiCquEWh.pngDKhOfI1.png
@zepher
Amazing!!!! :O *subscribing*
@zepher
Amazing!!!! :O *subscribing*
OOf4SrF.gif 2330070.pngOOf4SrF.gif 2vju4wg.jpg
@zepher
Woah! Your art is amazing! Could you ping me when you post another page?
@zepher
tastefulmarketing.gif
[quote name="RavenSong11" date=2017-05-25 02:21:09] @zepher Woah! Your art is amazing! Could you ping me when you post another page? [/quote] Same here! The colors are so smooth, especially for traditional!
RavenSong11 wrote on 2017-05-25:
@zepher

Same here! The colors are so smooth, especially for traditional!
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

Rofl, I came here looking for advice and instead got followers. Oh dear... xD

@AboveClouds @L1BR4 @MoonCatcher333 Thanks for the support guys. ^^

@RavenSong11 @Zygon
Thanks guys! I can ping you guys when I post a new page. I've gotta get the story plot line nailed down first so that I don't make a bunch of pages that I'd end up having to scrap later. ^^
Rofl, I came here looking for advice and instead got followers. Oh dear... xD

@AboveClouds @L1BR4 @MoonCatcher333 Thanks for the support guys. ^^

@RavenSong11 @Zygon
Thanks guys! I can ping you guys when I post a new page. I've gotta get the story plot line nailed down first so that I don't make a bunch of pages that I'd end up having to scrap later. ^^
3tufjzM.jpg Honeybee
@Zepher

Oh my gosh, I love this so much! You're so talented and I love the art. :D Could I be pinged, too, when new pages are posted?

Anyways, I've never written a comic in my life (I'm way more lost than you are XD) but I'll try to provide some help for writing! Sorry I can't be of much use for the comic part, lol.

For writing my stories, I find it really helpful to write a semi-descriptive plotline as far as I can. Or, more often, usually I'll write drafts of plotlines all the way through beginning to end, and then usually brainstorm and trash what I don't like and come up with new stuff.

Also, making sure I know/have everything about my characters comes in handy. What I'm doing in my current book project right now is writing out a backstory of one of my main characters (and it also goes along with my plotline, so that helps a ton). So writing out backstories, for plot if you can, and especially for characters really helps you get a feel for things! (especially for your world, too)

Hmm, I don't want to make this a hundred pages long but I'm trying to think of a few more tips to help you out with. XD

Either planning out certain scenes or parts of the plot in your head at night before bed, or in the shower, (which is why my showers always go so long heh) or whenever you have free time, or sitting down and writing them down is very helpful. I'm sure you probably already do brainstorming, though, so I don't know what you do...

I'm drawing a blank of anything else to help out with, so if you want any specifcs on writing/plotting portions just ask and I'd be happy to help more! Good luck with your comic, I'm excited to see more of it. ^.^
@Zepher

Oh my gosh, I love this so much! You're so talented and I love the art. :D Could I be pinged, too, when new pages are posted?

Anyways, I've never written a comic in my life (I'm way more lost than you are XD) but I'll try to provide some help for writing! Sorry I can't be of much use for the comic part, lol.

For writing my stories, I find it really helpful to write a semi-descriptive plotline as far as I can. Or, more often, usually I'll write drafts of plotlines all the way through beginning to end, and then usually brainstorm and trash what I don't like and come up with new stuff.

Also, making sure I know/have everything about my characters comes in handy. What I'm doing in my current book project right now is writing out a backstory of one of my main characters (and it also goes along with my plotline, so that helps a ton). So writing out backstories, for plot if you can, and especially for characters really helps you get a feel for things! (especially for your world, too)

Hmm, I don't want to make this a hundred pages long but I'm trying to think of a few more tips to help you out with. XD

Either planning out certain scenes or parts of the plot in your head at night before bed, or in the shower, (which is why my showers always go so long heh) or whenever you have free time, or sitting down and writing them down is very helpful. I'm sure you probably already do brainstorming, though, so I don't know what you do...

I'm drawing a blank of anything else to help out with, so if you want any specifcs on writing/plotting portions just ask and I'd be happy to help more! Good luck with your comic, I'm excited to see more of it. ^.^
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
1 2