Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Vul's Doodle Dump (Feedback welcome!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
@Vulcanatus It is! :D I think one part is missing for some reason but the rest is incredibly thorough, including some nifty bits on art style and exaggeration.

Oh man, definitely feel ya there. Two types of people: human artists who have trouble with animals + animal artists who have trouble with humans. Even people who can draw both seem to have started out with one exclusively, as far as I've noticed? Anywho, definitely keep at it! Humans are weird but you got this. C:<

A moment of silence for those scientists... although I'm intrigued by the circumstances of their death, hrmmm. I don't suppose Error and/or Fatal had anything to do with it...?

Pfft, I'd make a joke about dragons with anime eyes but. *gestures towards Marva eyes*

Darius looks so regal! Reminds me of a griffin but biped; I'm interested in his story if you're willing to share. :o
@Vulcanatus It is! :D I think one part is missing for some reason but the rest is incredibly thorough, including some nifty bits on art style and exaggeration.

Oh man, definitely feel ya there. Two types of people: human artists who have trouble with animals + animal artists who have trouble with humans. Even people who can draw both seem to have started out with one exclusively, as far as I've noticed? Anywho, definitely keep at it! Humans are weird but you got this. C:<

A moment of silence for those scientists... although I'm intrigued by the circumstances of their death, hrmmm. I don't suppose Error and/or Fatal had anything to do with it...?

Pfft, I'd make a joke about dragons with anime eyes but. *gestures towards Marva eyes*

Darius looks so regal! Reminds me of a griffin but biped; I'm interested in his story if you're willing to share. :o
@Archaeoraptor

Oh trust me, they caused a lot of it! Though really they aren't THAT much at fault considering all those experiments and chains. The were originally captured dragons (Error a purple Mountain dragon nicknamed Quartz and Fatal a silvery-white Ice dragon nicknamed Tundra) that were going to be used for military purposes. But after an accident involving a whole lotta radioactive waste and lasers and screaming, they came out changed.

Afterwards they were unconscious for long enough for them to be confined again and observed. During the period of time while they acclimated to their... changes, a rather haughty brigadier general that was in charge of overseeing the operation came for a visit. Because the lab didn't want to confess that they messed up big time (And that they had fascinating new test subjects) they didn't actually inform the military of what happened. Mr general dude doesn't like what happened and deems them unsafe and kinda sorta accidentally lets Fatal out while trying to kill him. I think you can guess what happens next :D

(Though they totally made friends with one of the scientists that was always nice to them)

And Darius! Yes Darius I love this guy. He's actually a fallen angel! I was kinda toying around with the idea of writing some kind of story revolving around a fallen angel but I still don't really have any proper plot. I have characters though! Darius is the protag of course. His design was based off the Harpy Eagle, though all angels and demons in this world are based at least in part off of birds in their "true" forms.

There's also Ikarnu, a kitsune whose powers have been drained despite having nine full tails, and is normally stuck in the form of a highly perceptive arctic fox. And probably my favorite character in it is Mobius, a demon. and the one Darius is ten million percent gay for He's based off a whole slew of animals too, actually xD

Mobius is normally stuck in the form of a young child, which he uses to play pranks on normal civilians. I think I wrote some fluffy stuff with Mobius and Darius just goofing off but I'll have to find it if you want to see it And don't mind mild vulgarity because really, what do you expect from a demon

EDIT: Upon posting this I realize the horrid wall of text I made and apologize
@Archaeoraptor

Oh trust me, they caused a lot of it! Though really they aren't THAT much at fault considering all those experiments and chains. The were originally captured dragons (Error a purple Mountain dragon nicknamed Quartz and Fatal a silvery-white Ice dragon nicknamed Tundra) that were going to be used for military purposes. But after an accident involving a whole lotta radioactive waste and lasers and screaming, they came out changed.

Afterwards they were unconscious for long enough for them to be confined again and observed. During the period of time while they acclimated to their... changes, a rather haughty brigadier general that was in charge of overseeing the operation came for a visit. Because the lab didn't want to confess that they messed up big time (And that they had fascinating new test subjects) they didn't actually inform the military of what happened. Mr general dude doesn't like what happened and deems them unsafe and kinda sorta accidentally lets Fatal out while trying to kill him. I think you can guess what happens next :D

(Though they totally made friends with one of the scientists that was always nice to them)

And Darius! Yes Darius I love this guy. He's actually a fallen angel! I was kinda toying around with the idea of writing some kind of story revolving around a fallen angel but I still don't really have any proper plot. I have characters though! Darius is the protag of course. His design was based off the Harpy Eagle, though all angels and demons in this world are based at least in part off of birds in their "true" forms.

There's also Ikarnu, a kitsune whose powers have been drained despite having nine full tails, and is normally stuck in the form of a highly perceptive arctic fox. And probably my favorite character in it is Mobius, a demon. and the one Darius is ten million percent gay for He's based off a whole slew of animals too, actually xD

Mobius is normally stuck in the form of a young child, which he uses to play pranks on normal civilians. I think I wrote some fluffy stuff with Mobius and Darius just goofing off but I'll have to find it if you want to see it And don't mind mild vulgarity because really, what do you expect from a demon

EDIT: Upon posting this I realize the horrid wall of text I made and apologize
wORSkxL.png
@Vulcanatus

Screaming! Sounds like fun!!! Man, though, what an origin story. Is it something of a present-day thing or are there more fantasy elements? I'd love for Error/Quartz and Fatal/Tundra to get back to their dragon homes, if that's a thing they want to do, but somehow I don't think they'd be welcomed.... Nice to hear about the scientist, at least?
Also, are the two sorta-dragons friends? Do they communicate like (if not with) humans or are they more animal-ish? Excuse the questions, I'm super curious. >:O

Ohh, fallen angels are fun! Mobius looks rad and is it safe to assume even if he's not gay for Darius yet the two are friends? :D And I'm definitely interested in the fluff if you don't mind finding it! I do censor myself on here a bit sometimes, shh.

And text walls are fine with me~ I definitely wouldn't be anyone to talk anyway. :I
@Vulcanatus

Screaming! Sounds like fun!!! Man, though, what an origin story. Is it something of a present-day thing or are there more fantasy elements? I'd love for Error/Quartz and Fatal/Tundra to get back to their dragon homes, if that's a thing they want to do, but somehow I don't think they'd be welcomed.... Nice to hear about the scientist, at least?
Also, are the two sorta-dragons friends? Do they communicate like (if not with) humans or are they more animal-ish? Excuse the questions, I'm super curious. >:O

Ohh, fallen angels are fun! Mobius looks rad and is it safe to assume even if he's not gay for Darius yet the two are friends? :D And I'm definitely interested in the fluff if you don't mind finding it! I do censor myself on here a bit sometimes, shh.

And text walls are fine with me~ I definitely wouldn't be anyone to talk anyway. :I
@Archaeoraptor

I always love answering questions, it helps me build characters! :D Honestly the setting is all over the place. It takes place in a rather un-policed RP that I've been doing for nigh two years, though I've kinda fallen out of it in the last months. There are a ton of elements of fantasy but also sci-fi in a mostly modern setting (Like, 10 or so years in the future I think.) The original setting was on a game called Primal Carnage: Extinction, so a kind of JP-esque theme with aliens and dragons and demons. A LOT of dragons and demons. Aaand characters whose names and stories were shamelessly inspired (even copied in some places but shhh) by media, which doesn't help the mess.

They were captured together and are practically like brothers. They can communicate between eachother through growls and snorts, though their capability of proper communication (especially between species) was lost. They can still understand commands and human speech though.

Yes, they kinda band together when they first meet from mutual trust, seeing as they're both stranded on my messed up fantasy not-really Earth. Though Mobius can kinda tell that Darius crushes on him after a while, and does a LOT of teasing, much to Darius' chagrin.

Anyway fluffy stuff because I went and found it! Really just a drabble to help build a bit of character because I love doing this sort of stuff.

"What the hell." It wasn't even a question that escaped the demon's mouth, just a simple, dumbfounded statement.

"Well, that's not a terribly polite way to great an angel," Darius responded, landing and running his hands through his ruffled feathers.

Mobius only rolled his eyes, snorting out a warm puff of air that ruffled the fallen angel's inked feathers. He didn't even say anything as he turned around, flicking his tail across Darius' chest as he lumbered off. The bird-man had to jog to keep up with the demon's larger strides, quickly running out of breath.

"I swear, it's like you've never ran before. I'd think you'd have been on the run your whole life down here." Mobius was clearly amused, picking up his pace slightly.

"Hey! It's not my fault it's easier to fly than run!" Darius ruffled his feather indignantly, trying- and failing- to hit the demon lightly in the side. Instead he ended up falling flat onto his beak and letting out a bird-like screech as he tried to flap himself upright.

Mobius burst out into laughter, stopping to look at the- quite literally fallen- angel.

"What the hell Mobius!?" Darius sputtered, attempting to dislodge newly placed clumps of grass from his beak.

"What it is, is that watching you fall on your face is hilarious. Come here," Mobius responded, trotted back over to the disgruntled figure of Darius. The demon picked him up, resulting in many screechy protests, before placing the angel between his feathered bat-like wings. Darius grumbled something, but ultimately fell silent. The demon was pretty warm, he had to admit.

"Love you too," came the immediate tease, prompting another loud protest. Mobius only giggled.

Such a tease xD Except not really and Darius doesn't want to admit it.
Also the beginning probably doesn't really make sense but I'm too lazy to change it to anything better because of all my scattered ideas. I have some good angst ideas for these two I swear
@Archaeoraptor

I always love answering questions, it helps me build characters! :D Honestly the setting is all over the place. It takes place in a rather un-policed RP that I've been doing for nigh two years, though I've kinda fallen out of it in the last months. There are a ton of elements of fantasy but also sci-fi in a mostly modern setting (Like, 10 or so years in the future I think.) The original setting was on a game called Primal Carnage: Extinction, so a kind of JP-esque theme with aliens and dragons and demons. A LOT of dragons and demons. Aaand characters whose names and stories were shamelessly inspired (even copied in some places but shhh) by media, which doesn't help the mess.

They were captured together and are practically like brothers. They can communicate between eachother through growls and snorts, though their capability of proper communication (especially between species) was lost. They can still understand commands and human speech though.

Yes, they kinda band together when they first meet from mutual trust, seeing as they're both stranded on my messed up fantasy not-really Earth. Though Mobius can kinda tell that Darius crushes on him after a while, and does a LOT of teasing, much to Darius' chagrin.

Anyway fluffy stuff because I went and found it! Really just a drabble to help build a bit of character because I love doing this sort of stuff.

"What the hell." It wasn't even a question that escaped the demon's mouth, just a simple, dumbfounded statement.

"Well, that's not a terribly polite way to great an angel," Darius responded, landing and running his hands through his ruffled feathers.

Mobius only rolled his eyes, snorting out a warm puff of air that ruffled the fallen angel's inked feathers. He didn't even say anything as he turned around, flicking his tail across Darius' chest as he lumbered off. The bird-man had to jog to keep up with the demon's larger strides, quickly running out of breath.

"I swear, it's like you've never ran before. I'd think you'd have been on the run your whole life down here." Mobius was clearly amused, picking up his pace slightly.

"Hey! It's not my fault it's easier to fly than run!" Darius ruffled his feather indignantly, trying- and failing- to hit the demon lightly in the side. Instead he ended up falling flat onto his beak and letting out a bird-like screech as he tried to flap himself upright.

Mobius burst out into laughter, stopping to look at the- quite literally fallen- angel.

"What the hell Mobius!?" Darius sputtered, attempting to dislodge newly placed clumps of grass from his beak.

"What it is, is that watching you fall on your face is hilarious. Come here," Mobius responded, trotted back over to the disgruntled figure of Darius. The demon picked him up, resulting in many screechy protests, before placing the angel between his feathered bat-like wings. Darius grumbled something, but ultimately fell silent. The demon was pretty warm, he had to admit.

"Love you too," came the immediate tease, prompting another loud protest. Mobius only giggled.

Such a tease xD Except not really and Darius doesn't want to admit it.
Also the beginning probably doesn't really make sense but I'm too lazy to change it to anything better because of all my scattered ideas. I have some good angst ideas for these two I swear
wORSkxL.png
@Vulcanatus

Oh man, I'd never heard of Primal Carnage before just now, looks FUN. And hey, shamelessly copying from pre-established media is always a neat ride, especially a few years down the road when you can compare whatever it's morphed into with however it started!
Shame about the duo's intra-species communication, aww. Glad to hear they're close, though!

And gosh that drabble, Darius seems like such a hapless nerd and I mean that in the best way. Mobius really is such a tease. Just from that I already love their dynamic and I'm not ready for them to be in pain oh no by which I mean bring it on because that can be so wonderfully revealing even if it hurts
@Vulcanatus

Oh man, I'd never heard of Primal Carnage before just now, looks FUN. And hey, shamelessly copying from pre-established media is always a neat ride, especially a few years down the road when you can compare whatever it's morphed into with however it started!
Shame about the duo's intra-species communication, aww. Glad to hear they're close, though!

And gosh that drabble, Darius seems like such a hapless nerd and I mean that in the best way. Mobius really is such a tease. Just from that I already love their dynamic and I'm not ready for them to be in pain oh no by which I mean bring it on because that can be so wonderfully revealing even if it hurts
I need to post more so take these things I did yesterday while my internet was being a butt: [url=http://imgur.com/a/vO2q6][img]http://i.imgur.com/wMeida4.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Oo2vPPI.jpg[/img][/url] (Click for full size versions)
I need to post more so take these things I did yesterday while my internet was being a butt:
wMeida4.jpg

Oo2vPPI.jpg

(Click for full size versions)
wORSkxL.png
I feel so attacked this is the first time my art program as properly crashed and I was just trying to save a self-indulgent picture of gay dragon cuddles is that too much to ask for :v LET ME WALLOW IN DENIAL [img]http://i.imgur.com/XpxnB2s.png[/img] Anyway yeah I am the living embodiment of denial so take some dragon cuddles that I made to cheer myself up. I don't even own these dragons yet but H E C K I am going to draw them so much because I need more Tokyo Ghoul fan dragons, and by extension, art for them. EDIT: If you're wondering why the Imp has no horns it's because I can NOT draw antlers for the life of me [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=8&breed=8&element=6&gender=0&tert=60&tertgene=5&winggene=15&wings=74&auth=8e5eb3d8a9b58f4343f3f626a193ed51877632ae&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=75&bodygene=8&breed=13&element=1&gender=0&tert=122&tertgene=8&winggene=2&wings=172&auth=06383c2362b36acfb573260b9f6276f372071f2c&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I feel so attacked this is the first time my art program as properly crashed and I was just trying to save a self-indulgent picture of gay dragon cuddles is that too much to ask for :v LET ME WALLOW IN DENIAL
XpxnB2s.png
Anyway yeah I am the living embodiment of denial so take some dragon cuddles that I made to cheer myself up. I don't even own these dragons yet but H E C K I am going to draw them so much because I need more Tokyo Ghoul fan dragons, and by extension, art for them.
EDIT: If you're wondering why the Imp has no horns it's because I can NOT draw antlers for the life of me
dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=8&breed=8&element=6&gender=0&tert=60&tertgene=5&winggene=15&wings=74&auth=8e5eb3d8a9b58f4343f3f626a193ed51877632ae&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=75&bodygene=8&breed=13&element=1&gender=0&tert=122&tertgene=8&winggene=2&wings=172&auth=06383c2362b36acfb573260b9f6276f372071f2c&dummyext=prev.png
wORSkxL.png
More random doodles out of boredom, starring my TG fan dragons. Ridgeback faces are strangely hard and my camera did not want to focus at all for him. Click for larger images (Their resolution wasn't upped b/c I'm lazy but still) [url=http://imgur.com/a/O65PN][img]http://i.imgur.com/zbsMorN.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/52q9DIc.jpg[/img][/url] Current aesthetic: Confused centipede dragons [url=http://imgur.com/a/O65PN][img]http://i.imgur.com/RcDM8s1.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/JoGeAcF.jpg[/img][/url]
More random doodles out of boredom, starring my TG fan dragons. Ridgeback faces are strangely hard and my camera did not want to focus at all for him. Click for larger images (Their resolution wasn't upped b/c I'm lazy but still)
zbsMorN.jpg

52q9DIc.jpg

Current aesthetic: Confused centipede dragons
RcDM8s1.jpg

JoGeAcF.jpg
wORSkxL.png
Note to self on things I need to draw:
Sasaki dergun reading
More confused Kentipede dragons
Arima dragon being a good dad
Yato dragon being trash like always
Lysandre derg being a million percent done with life
BIRB
Lore-relevant art for Owen
Speaking of Owen- FINISH HIS LORE
Note to self on things I need to draw:
Sasaki dergun reading
More confused Kentipede dragons
Arima dragon being a good dad
Yato dragon being trash like always
Lysandre derg being a million percent done with life
BIRB
Lore-relevant art for Owen
Speaking of Owen- FINISH HIS LORE
wORSkxL.png
Okay I just found this really awesome website that will color your sketches and it makes me so happy you have no idea [url=http://paintschainer.preferred.tech/](Website here)[/url] It had two different styles, and here's one of my lined digital pieces in both of them [img]http://i.imgur.com/KDHtVUP.jpg[/img] [img]http://paintschainer-api.preferred.tech/images/out/F23P9KQ401D8L2D8K9NJPSWV3JEYG6MK_0.jpg[/img]
Okay I just found this really awesome website that will color your sketches and it makes me so happy you have no idea
(Website here)

It had two different styles, and here's one of my lined digital pieces in both of them
KDHtVUP.jpg
F23P9KQ401D8L2D8K9NJPSWV3JEYG6MK_0.jpg
wORSkxL.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22