Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Ballad of the Night
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22
[center][item=berserker] [size=5][b][u]DAY EIGHTEEN[/b][/u][/size] Oh ho ho HO, Pinkerton must be attuned with my mind today. >:D I got heads, but in reality I'm just going to be using a poor but evil dragon as a scapegoat for the death, as I'm not ready to kill off Marva *quite* yet. (yes, she'll be in the update) Ah, it is too long since I have written about Ballad; specifically from his view. [b]Edit: UPDATE TIME! :D[/b] I gave the main page a slight makeover, re-doing and updating the rules and the summary as they really needed a change. I also gave Ballad and Keffria new bios, as I didn't like their old ones. Check out the new art page, it has a map and will be were I store future art. I will also be posting character's 'theme' music and/or playlists. Right now, I took waaaay too long updating this and thus no playlists yet. (but I do have one theme up!) XD Enjoy! ONTO ACTION! Pinglist: @SpottedLeaf125 ----- ----- The land is full of stunning fields; even from this height I can see the smattering of colors that suggest leagues of wildflowers. In the far distance, I see a great forest, much larger than the one that I originated from. It's so beautiful, I'm instantly glad I decided to go in this direction. I take off again, knowing it'll be a while yet until I get out of the mountains. My flight is silent and lonely for the next few hours as the sun rises bright, showing me more colors in the valleys. No hill blemishes the green face of grass, and I see a silver shimmer that suggests a body of water far north. "I wonder what awaits me," I murmur to myself. ----- The dragon soon found the weaker source of magic. It was still rather strong, but not enough that she should be wary. The other was taking a short rest to get a drink, eyes trained on the mountains standing only a few leagues away. He turned around when he heard her approach, which she didn't bother masking. "I see you feel it, too. What remarkable strength," he comments when she gets close. "Indeed," she agrees. "You're Marva, aren't you? The one who just recently joined, traveling with Aranad?" He asks. "Yes, I am," she responds a little coldly. "I guess this is our farewell, then. May the best one win." There was a hint of joking in the dragon's tone, but his eyes held a solemnness. The unity in which these true dragons met at a truce was frail. "Hmm," was her response, and she laughed and drew back her hood. "You mean [i]your[/i] farewell." Marva leapt forward, teeth bared and claws out-stretched as she landed on top of the other dragon. Blood began to flow as her nails pierced his shoulders, and her teeth snapped into his neck quickly. The dragon fell with a muted thump, not even letting out a noise it was so quick. The dragon stepped back from the body, a smile lingering on her face as she wiped blood off her lips. She then placed a hand on his cheek, shuddering and biting back a scream as the transferal began. ----- It's late in the morning, now. I'm nearly at the foothills of the mountains, and only thirst and hunger drive me to the ground. My strength is upholding, but my stomach is not. I quickly wolf down some of my rations, and then throw back my head as I get a drink out of my canteen. Afterwards, I set off. [i]"Quick! Danger is coming, turn back! Turn back, young one!"[/i] I turn around in panic, looking about with confusion. I don't know what she's talking about, and I pause. "What do you mean?" I call out, glancing upward even though only the sun-kissed sky is what meets my eyes. [i]"Danger in the form of all evil, you must hurry now. You cannot delay, get up and flee!" [/i] I nod, leaping into the air and soaring back toward the mountains. Though I wish dearly to go toward the fields, I know I cannot forsake the voice. She's saved me more than once in my life, and now fear begins to take over at such urgency. I've never heard the like of it before, she's always been calm. [i]"Behind you!"[/i] I whirl around and see a dragon flying some ways behind me, so far back it is a mere speck. But the sight is enough to send adrenaline coursing through my limbs. [i]"Now it is too late, I fear that we have not been vigilant enough. Listen to my words and let me guide you through this." [/i] "You mean I have to fight?" I shout, alarmed. [i]"Yes, but do not panic, son. You will do fine as long as you listen closely."[/i] "Alright..." I say, trailing off and turning around, hovering in the air. [i]"Stay airborne. Be prepared. Do not be afraid to kill."[/i] Her voice is the deadly calm I remember in my few other times of trouble when traveling with Keffria. Trying to calm my beating heart, I circle once as I wait for my foe to catch up. Suddenly, I realize the speck is gone. I look around wildly, panicked despite my guide's words. Where did the dragon go? "Where are they?" I yell, turning yet again as I survey all my sides. [i]"Patience."[/i] Breathing hard, I look back where I last saw the enemy. I scream as a heavy force slams into me, driving us toward the ground. The pain of claws tearing into my body fades away with adrenaline as I gasp, struggling to keep in the air as their body weighs us down. [i]"Quick! Free a hand so you can use your magic. Send them away!" [/i] I pull my hand back, snapping it as I finally catch sight of my attacker's face. It's feminine, her hood thrown back from the attack. She flies back, but catches herself and grins at me with a flash of white. "Hello there," she hisses, circling with me. I ignore her, trying the spell my guide taught me; the one that kills. The other dragon laughs, more of a cackle, as my fingers snap again and again. "Do you think that's really going to work?" She guffaws, licking her lips. "Welcome to the world of magic!" She then breathes fire, blasting me with painful burns. I scream, which turns into a snarl as I tumble back. [i]"Be wary! Slash your hand through the air, it'll cut her." [/i] I do as I'm told, slashing my hand through the air and snapping it. The dragon gasps as a gash opens on her shoulder, blood spilling out bright and scarlet. I do it again, opening wound after wound as I attempt to stay away from her fire and own magical attacks. "So you know how to fight," she grits out, before diving. I gasp as she blinks away, gone. [i]"Careful!" [/i] The warning comes too late, and the dragon re-appears above me, slamming down and crumpling my wings underneath her body. She latches on, slashing at my neck and face with sharp claws. I scream and buck, my crumpled wings finding their way out from her weight and keep me airborne. [i]"Twist and cut! Focus!"[/i] With a sharp jerk, I manage to spin around so we're facing each other. Then I slash out at her belly and exposed neck with both my hands and feet, the feeling of my claws ripping through flesh sending shudders through my body. She roars, opening her jaws, and I snap my fingers and send her flying away before I get more burns. [i]"Good job, young one! Now push her into the mountain, hurry!"[/i] I leap forward, snapping my fingers again and sending the dragon flying toward the wall of stone. My hands collide into her shoulders, but I keep flying and ignore the slashes she delivers to my arms. We smash into the mountain, and I barely have time to spring away before getting propelled into the rock as well. The dragon crumples, gasping in pain as she falls toward the ground. And then she blinks out again. [i]"Look out above! Keep moving!"[/i] I glance upward frequently as I dive, pulling up as I pick up speed. The dragon finally slips back into sight, right in front of me. I pull to the side sharply, hissing as her claws grab onto my wing. My hiss turns into a scream as she yanks, ripping the flesh of my wing and finally snapping bone. As I attempt to flap it, such pain rushes through me that not even adrenaline can take it away. I fall toward the ground, biting back more of a throat-burning scream. [i]"Do not worry!"[/i] My guide tells me. Then with a brilliant flash of silver light, blinding me momentarily, I see a silver figure at my side, diving headlong with me. She rolls, hands materializing out of a blur of silver and healing my wing. Suddenly I feel strength returning, and I level back out, glancing behind and seeing my attacker following. "So you're cheating," she shouts, venom dripping in her tone. "How unfair!" [i]"Be careful! She just disappeared again." [/i] I pause, a daring plan coming into my mind. My guide yells at me to move, but I ignore her and keep my eyes trained upward. As I guessed, the dragon appears a few feet above my head. I dive suddenly as she drops, twisting back around and grabbing onto her. I let go to snap my fingers, sending her tumbling back toward the mountainside again. I lunge forward, grabbing her and driving the dragon back against stone. We claw at each other for a moment, hissing and snarling at the pain of sharp claws. Then I finally manage to smash her head against the rocky face, and she slowly drops. I follow, snapping my fingers to drive her faster and closer toward the ground. [i]"That was risky going borderline foolish, but good job, son."[/i] "Thank you," I gasp out, almost smiling but not quite able to, between pain and the terrible fight I'm still in. The dragon pumps her wings in an attempt to pause her fall, but she still lands with a terrible smack onto the rocky ground. She screams, and I swear I can hear bones breaking, snapping at the impact. "Foo...Foolish boy," she rasps out, gasping for breath as I alight beside her. "You won't go anywhere with...without that s--s--spirit. Consider yourself lucky," she coughs, hacking up a little blood. "Until she's gone." The dragon starts to laugh, whole body wracking as it turns back into a cough. Then she's gone, blinked away. ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Berserker

DAY EIGHTEEN

Oh ho ho HO, Pinkerton must be attuned with my mind today. >:D I got heads, but in reality I'm just going to be using a poor but evil dragon as a scapegoat for the death, as I'm not ready to kill off Marva *quite* yet. (yes, she'll be in the update)

Ah, it is too long since I have written about Ballad; specifically from his view.

Edit: UPDATE TIME! :D

I gave the main page a slight makeover, re-doing and updating the rules and the summary as they really needed a change. I also gave Ballad and Keffria new bios, as I didn't like their old ones.

Check out the new art page, it has a map and will be were I store future art. I will also be posting character's 'theme' music and/or playlists. Right now, I took waaaay too long updating this and thus no playlists yet. (but I do have one theme up!) XD Enjoy!

ONTO ACTION! Pinglist: @SpottedLeaf125

The land is full of stunning fields; even from this height I can see the smattering of colors that suggest leagues of wildflowers. In the far distance, I see a great forest, much larger than the one that I originated from. It's so beautiful, I'm instantly glad I decided to go in this direction. I take off again, knowing it'll be a while yet until I get out of the mountains. My flight is silent and lonely for the next few hours as the sun rises bright, showing me more colors in the valleys. No hill blemishes the green face of grass, and I see a silver shimmer that suggests a body of water far north.
"I wonder what awaits me," I murmur to myself.

The dragon soon found the weaker source of magic. It was still rather strong, but not enough that she should be wary. The other was taking a short rest to get a drink, eyes trained on the mountains standing only a few leagues away. He turned around when he heard her approach, which she didn't bother masking.
"I see you feel it, too. What remarkable strength," he comments when she gets close.
"Indeed," she agrees.
"You're Marva, aren't you? The one who just recently joined, traveling with Aranad?" He asks.
"Yes, I am," she responds a little coldly.
"I guess this is our farewell, then. May the best one win." There was a hint of joking in the dragon's tone, but his eyes held a solemnness. The unity in which these true dragons met at a truce was frail.
"Hmm," was her response, and she laughed and drew back her hood. "You mean your farewell." Marva leapt forward, teeth bared and claws out-stretched as she landed on top of the other dragon. Blood began to flow as her nails pierced his shoulders, and her teeth snapped into his neck quickly. The dragon fell with a muted thump, not even letting out a noise it was so quick.
The dragon stepped back from the body, a smile lingering on her face as she wiped blood off her lips. She then placed a hand on his cheek, shuddering and biting back a scream as the transferal began.

It's late in the morning, now. I'm nearly at the foothills of the mountains, and only thirst and hunger drive me to the ground. My strength is upholding, but my stomach is not. I quickly wolf down some of my rations, and then throw back my head as I get a drink out of my canteen. Afterwards, I set off.
"Quick! Danger is coming, turn back! Turn back, young one!"
I turn around in panic, looking about with confusion. I don't know what she's talking about, and I pause.
"What do you mean?" I call out, glancing upward even though only the sun-kissed sky is what meets my eyes.
"Danger in the form of all evil, you must hurry now. You cannot delay, get up and flee!"
I nod, leaping into the air and soaring back toward the mountains. Though I wish dearly to go toward the fields, I know I cannot forsake the voice. She's saved me more than once in my life, and now fear begins to take over at such urgency. I've never heard the like of it before, she's always been calm.
"Behind you!"
I whirl around and see a dragon flying some ways behind me, so far back it is a mere speck. But the sight is enough to send adrenaline coursing through my limbs.
"Now it is too late, I fear that we have not been vigilant enough. Listen to my words and let me guide you through this."
"You mean I have to fight?" I shout, alarmed.
"Yes, but do not panic, son. You will do fine as long as you listen closely."
"Alright..." I say, trailing off and turning around, hovering in the air.
"Stay airborne. Be prepared. Do not be afraid to kill." Her voice is the deadly calm I remember in my few other times of trouble when traveling with Keffria. Trying to calm my beating heart, I circle once as I wait for my foe to catch up. Suddenly, I realize the speck is gone. I look around wildly, panicked despite my guide's words. Where did the dragon go?
"Where are they?" I yell, turning yet again as I survey all my sides.
"Patience."
Breathing hard, I look back where I last saw the enemy. I scream as a heavy force slams into me, driving us toward the ground. The pain of claws tearing into my body fades away with adrenaline as I gasp, struggling to keep in the air as their body weighs us down.
"Quick! Free a hand so you can use your magic. Send them away!"
I pull my hand back, snapping it as I finally catch sight of my attacker's face. It's feminine, her hood thrown back from the attack. She flies back, but catches herself and grins at me with a flash of white.
"Hello there," she hisses, circling with me. I ignore her, trying the spell my guide taught me; the one that kills. The other dragon laughs, more of a cackle, as my fingers snap again and again.
"Do you think that's really going to work?" She guffaws, licking her lips. "Welcome to the world of magic!" She then breathes fire, blasting me with painful burns. I scream, which turns into a snarl as I tumble back.
"Be wary! Slash your hand through the air, it'll cut her."
I do as I'm told, slashing my hand through the air and snapping it. The dragon gasps as a gash opens on her shoulder, blood spilling out bright and scarlet. I do it again, opening wound after wound as I attempt to stay away from her fire and own magical attacks.
"So you know how to fight," she grits out, before diving. I gasp as she blinks away, gone.
"Careful!"
The warning comes too late, and the dragon re-appears above me, slamming down and crumpling my wings underneath her body. She latches on, slashing at my neck and face with sharp claws. I scream and buck, my crumpled wings finding their way out from her weight and keep me airborne.
"Twist and cut! Focus!"
With a sharp jerk, I manage to spin around so we're facing each other. Then I slash out at her belly and exposed neck with both my hands and feet, the feeling of my claws ripping through flesh sending shudders through my body. She roars, opening her jaws, and I snap my fingers and send her flying away before I get more burns.
"Good job, young one! Now push her into the mountain, hurry!"
I leap forward, snapping my fingers again and sending the dragon flying toward the wall of stone. My hands collide into her shoulders, but I keep flying and ignore the slashes she delivers to my arms. We smash into the mountain, and I barely have time to spring away before getting propelled into the rock as well. The dragon crumples, gasping in pain as she falls toward the ground. And then she blinks out again.
"Look out above! Keep moving!"
I glance upward frequently as I dive, pulling up as I pick up speed. The dragon finally slips back into sight, right in front of me. I pull to the side sharply, hissing as her claws grab onto my wing. My hiss turns into a scream as she yanks, ripping the flesh of my wing and finally snapping bone. As I attempt to flap it, such pain rushes through me that not even adrenaline can take it away. I fall toward the ground, biting back more of a throat-burning scream.
"Do not worry!" My guide tells me. Then with a brilliant flash of silver light, blinding me momentarily, I see a silver figure at my side, diving headlong with me. She rolls, hands materializing out of a blur of silver and healing my wing. Suddenly I feel strength returning, and I level back out, glancing behind and seeing my attacker following.
"So you're cheating," she shouts, venom dripping in her tone. "How unfair!"
"Be careful! She just disappeared again."
I pause, a daring plan coming into my mind. My guide yells at me to move, but I ignore her and keep my eyes trained upward. As I guessed, the dragon appears a few feet above my head. I dive suddenly as she drops, twisting back around and grabbing onto her. I let go to snap my fingers, sending her tumbling back toward the mountainside again. I lunge forward, grabbing her and driving the dragon back against stone. We claw at each other for a moment, hissing and snarling at the pain of sharp claws. Then I finally manage to smash her head against the rocky face, and she slowly drops. I follow, snapping my fingers to drive her faster and closer toward the ground.
"That was risky going borderline foolish, but good job, son."
"Thank you," I gasp out, almost smiling but not quite able to, between pain and the terrible fight I'm still in. The dragon pumps her wings in an attempt to pause her fall, but she still lands with a terrible smack onto the rocky ground. She screams, and I swear I can hear bones breaking, snapping at the impact.
"Foo...Foolish boy," she rasps out, gasping for breath as I alight beside her.
"You won't go anywhere with...without that s--s--spirit. Consider yourself lucky," she coughs, hacking up a little blood. "Until she's gone." The dragon starts to laugh, whole body wracking as it turns back into a cough. Then she's gone, blinked away.

Go back to the top! --> Main Page
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
[center][item=pink chalcedony] [size=5][u][b]DAY NINTEEN[/b][/u][/size] Short update today because my bro and dad are gone currently for my brother's orientation for college, so figured I might as well squeeze one in. (as I've had no school today) Had a scare with my bunny, Lion, who was very sick last night and today, but thankfully he's getting better. That's why there wasn't an update both days. (that and laziness for the whole of Monday XD) Big reveals on Saturday, our next update day! Until then you shall wait in suspense. >:) Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 ----- ----- The dragon heard a rustle and then a gasp, a straining groan of pain. He leapt to his feet and hurried toward the sound, where he found his companion lying on the damp floor of the forest. Bloodied, legs, arm, and a wing bent at an odd angle and covered in scratches. She didn't look well, eyes half-closed. "Marva! What in the realm's name happened to you?" He gasped, shocked. "The---the power we felt..." She panted, glaring. "Hold on one moment, you are in no shape to speak," he said, but then paused, narrowing his eyes. The other dragon watched him, chest heaving for breath as she waited to see if he would save her or not. "I know the others despise me," she managed to rasp out. "Might be better to do it quick, Aranad. I," she broke off, coughing and choking. "I am no fool." "Not hard to figure out, eh?" He responded a little coldly. "I beg to differ, actually, you are quite a fool. Being so selfish is a very, very bad card to play. I'm surprised you haven't been killed yet. But I would like to make a deal with you." "Oh really?" She snapped. "Yes," he told her. "I'll heal you, let you live, if you promise to protect me. We continue our little partnership, and work together. But you will stay by my side in any danger and not abandon me. Deal?" He asked. Marva squinted at him, a fading glare that continued to lose its potency due to pain. She waited a struggling minute, each breath a reward for her hard-working lungs. "Alright," she spat. "I'll do it. I'll accept your--y--your deal." "Wonderful," Aranad said, a smiling lighting up his face as he drew back his hood. He then placed his fingers on her body, closing his eyes and wincing. A second later the wounded dragon's screams tore through the calm air, ebbing away to be replaced with new. A minute later, she flailed into a sitting position, panting hard and wiping at tears that fell down her face. Not even a scar was left, only a terribly torn cloak. "Burdensome thing," she hissed, ripping off the cloth and tossing it away. The other dragon watched her, pulling his own cloak a little tighter around himself despite the warming morning. "Now tell me. How were you defeated?" "That strong magic we felt? Aranad--it was just a boy!" She snarled. "Hardly over a year or so, and do you know how he managed to survive and beat me?" "How?" He asked curiously. "One of those spirits! He was being guided through the whole fight by one of those darned spirits, and it healed him whenever I managed to beat the brat!" "A spirit," he breathed, eyes widening. "Yes!" "How interesting," he murmured, looking off into the distance. He touched the ring on his finger, feeling the little clear stone. "More like how obnoxious. Aranad, we need to figure out how to dispose of that thing. But now that I attacked, it'll be leading the brat to safety," Marva raged, slamming a fist onto the ground. Her companion only smiled, finally glancing back over at her. "Why my dear Marva," he said. "A spirit is no problem to us. We merely need to get backup. Even four can overpower two." She grinned along with him, beginning to laugh. "Why didn't I think of that?" She cackled, staggering to her feet. "Because," Aranad told her. "You are selfish. Now come on." ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Pink Chalcedony
DAY NINTEEN

Short update today because my bro and dad are gone currently for my brother's orientation for college, so figured I might as well squeeze one in. (as I've had no school today)

Had a scare with my bunny, Lion, who was very sick last night and today, but thankfully he's getting better. That's why there wasn't an update both days. (that and laziness for the whole of Monday XD)

Big reveals on Saturday, our next update day! Until then you shall wait in suspense. >:)

Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125

The dragon heard a rustle and then a gasp, a straining groan of pain. He leapt to his feet and hurried toward the sound, where he found his companion lying on the damp floor of the forest. Bloodied, legs, arm, and a wing bent at an odd angle and covered in scratches. She didn't look well, eyes half-closed.
"Marva! What in the realm's name happened to you?" He gasped, shocked.
"The---the power we felt..." She panted, glaring.
"Hold on one moment, you are in no shape to speak," he said, but then paused, narrowing his eyes. The other dragon watched him, chest heaving for breath as she waited to see if he would save her or not.
"I know the others despise me," she managed to rasp out. "Might be better to do it quick, Aranad. I," she broke off, coughing and choking. "I am no fool."
"Not hard to figure out, eh?" He responded a little coldly. "I beg to differ, actually, you are quite a fool. Being so selfish is a very, very bad card to play. I'm surprised you haven't been killed yet. But I would like to make a deal with you."
"Oh really?" She snapped.
"Yes," he told her. "I'll heal you, let you live, if you promise to protect me. We continue our little partnership, and work together. But you will stay by my side in any danger and not abandon me. Deal?" He asked. Marva squinted at him, a fading glare that continued to lose its potency due to pain. She waited a struggling minute, each breath a reward for her hard-working lungs.
"Alright," she spat. "I'll do it. I'll accept your--y--your deal."
"Wonderful," Aranad said, a smiling lighting up his face as he drew back his hood. He then placed his fingers on her body, closing his eyes and wincing. A second later the wounded dragon's screams tore through the calm air, ebbing away to be replaced with new. A minute later, she flailed into a sitting position, panting hard and wiping at tears that fell down her face. Not even a scar was left, only a terribly torn cloak.
"Burdensome thing," she hissed, ripping off the cloth and tossing it away. The other dragon watched her, pulling his own cloak a little tighter around himself despite the warming morning.
"Now tell me. How were you defeated?"
"That strong magic we felt? Aranad--it was just a boy!" She snarled. "Hardly over a year or so, and do you know how he managed to survive and beat me?"
"How?" He asked curiously.
"One of those spirits! He was being guided through the whole fight by one of those darned spirits, and it healed him whenever I managed to beat the brat!"
"A spirit," he breathed, eyes widening.
"Yes!"
"How interesting," he murmured, looking off into the distance. He touched the ring on his finger, feeling the little clear stone.
"More like how obnoxious. Aranad, we need to figure out how to dispose of that thing. But now that I attacked, it'll be leading the brat to safety," Marva raged, slamming a fist onto the ground. Her companion only smiled, finally glancing back over at her.
"Why my dear Marva," he said. "A spirit is no problem to us. We merely need to get backup. Even four can overpower two." She grinned along with him, beginning to laugh.
"Why didn't I think of that?" She cackled, staggering to her feet.
"Because," Aranad told her. "You are selfish. Now come on."

x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
@MorningSkye

Nice updates! Also like the map and the front page updates! I'm glad Ballad fought off Marva, I don't like her or her friend, the horrid things. >:( I can't wait to see how things turn out though...
@MorningSkye

Nice updates! Also like the map and the front page updates! I'm glad Ballad fought off Marva, I don't like her or her friend, the horrid things. >:( I can't wait to see how things turn out though...
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

@Spottedleaf125
Ah, thank you very much! c: Aranad is actually turning out to be a bit of a more favorite character for me, but you won't learn more about him for a while. cx (I'll see what I can work in!)
@Spottedleaf125
Ah, thank you very much! c: Aranad is actually turning out to be a bit of a more favorite character for me, but you won't learn more about him for a while. cx (I'll see what I can work in!)
[center][item=Bluefin charger fin] [size=5][b][u]DAY TWENTY[/size][/u][/b] Woo, I hit 20 days! Crazy how long I've already started this, lol. I know I promised an update on Saturday, but I got distracted writing lore for my clan instead, plus I got food and had no other materials banked. XD Anyways, today we'll see from Ballad's point of view for the last time in hopefully a while, and go back to primarily writing from third view. No other updates, so I'll shut my trap after saying that some stuff will be revealed today! Exciting exciting, at least for me, lol. cx Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 ----- ----- I stare at the bloody spot where the dragon had lain only moments ago, and then collapse. The sting and deep pain of my wounds slowly takes over me, and black spots blink in and out of my vision. Then a flash of silvery white light shines, nearly throwing me into the pit of blackness. "Stay strong," her lovely voice whispers. "I do not have the power to heal all your wounds now, but I can take care of some." "Is it...it because I felt no pain when--when you healed my wing?" I gasp out, trying to blink my guide into focus. "Yes, I am sorry, my son, but there was no other way. You must suffer a while, but it is a small price to pay." I slowly nod and rest my chin on the cold stone, bracing myself as I feel her cool fingers lay themselves on my shoulder. I jerk anyways at the sharp pain, biting back the worst of my screams. Yet still, my harsh yells ring out against stone for several minutes, until the hurting fades away. "Thank...You," I whisper, then fall into oblivion. ----- I wake up in the exact same spot, and for the first time in my life I can actually see my guide for who she truly is. I lay there for a minute, drinking in her silvery beauty, until she turns and sees me. "What are you?" I whisper, struggling to sit up. I wince, looking down to see some scratches on my arms and body. I wipe at the blood, but only smear it across my white skin. I glance back up as she answers. "I am called a spirit. When a dragon of magic dies, they can choose to take the form of a spirit, a mystical creature that does not live but does not die. We can, however, be killed, but can never again take a mortal form," she says. "So you once could use magic," I say, pondering her words. I've never heard of anything of the like, and it greatly intrigues me. My guide smiles, as if enjoying my curiosity. "Yes, I was a rather powerful mage like you, Ballad," she tells me. I stare surprised, taking a moment to reply. "So I'm strong with magic?" I ask wonderingly. "Yes, and I will touch on that later, dear one. For now, we must get you to a safe place. No idle chat must pass any longer, but I will guide you to a safe haven." She alights into the air, and I fly after her, struggling to ignore the stinging ache in my wings. We soar parallel to the mountains, going no deeper into them but no closer to the valley that lays to my right. I feel tired and worn, but find strength to push on and follow the silver wisp of the spirit that guides me. It's evening by the time we alight into a small cave, nestled into the back of a mountain. I create a ring of small rocks and make a fire, warming myself. Strangely, my guide does not disappear. "Why are you still here?" I ask. "Don't you want me with you?" She counters, a small smile on her face. "Well, yes, but you have never shown yourself to me before. Is it because I was attacked?" I tell her. "You are partly correct, Ballad. I have never shown myself to you for your protection, and also other varying reasons. I needed you to trust me as just a voice, before I could show my form. It is also because of recent events, of the attack, that I must now warn you against some things," she answers me. "What are they?" I ask, taking a drink from my water flask. I wish I still had food left over, as I feel my stomach cramp, but I ate the last of my rations the night before. I didn't take much because I thought I was going to be out of the mountains. "Many things. I am also willing to answer a few of your questions, if they are of things I wish to tell you," "Alright," I say. She nods, and then continues. "Now. Of that dragon that attacked you, she is of a group that has practiced evil for a very long time. They have no known name, only that they are a large and orderly tribe of mages that have a few special, terrible spells. The main of these spells is one that draws power--or magic, they are one of the same--into themselves." "But why didn't she then take my magic from me, while we were fighting?" I ask. "Patience, young one!" She says, but smiles despite the sternness of her words. "The catch of that spell is that the dragon must be dead. Spirits are not exempt from the spell, either, but if we die then the tribe can also take from our power. They are horrible, vicious dragons who cannot be trusted at all." "That's awful," I murmur, snapping my fingers at the fire so it can grow larger. "It is indeed. I do not know, now, how many of this tribe live in these lands beyond the mountains. I thought it would be safe for you, but now I must advise you, Ballad, to turn back. This land holds far too much mystery, too much danger, for you to dare travel it. Maybe another time, another day, but you mustn't put yourself in peril." She leans closer to me, eyes wide and concerned. "Okay," I sigh, saddened. The land seemed so beautiful, but also threatening under the spirit's words. She softens slightly, drawing back. "I am sorry, son, but I cannot let you go forward. You could be killed, and I do not want that. Go back to that group of dragons on the mountain, they are fair and safe. Dwell there, and I shall teach you further in magic. And when the time is right, I shall let you know more about the mages," she says. "Why can't you let me know more about myself now?" I ask, growing slightly frustrated at her new revealing. "Is it really too dangerous to keep more secrets from me?" "Yes!" She says sternly, fixing a glare on me. "I will not tell you anymore, except for any questions you have. Be careful even now, and think wisely of what you will ask." "What does this tribe of evil dragons want?" I say, staring into her silvery blue eyes. "Power," she whispers. "They wish to take over the land, to topple the High King." The quietness of her tone unnerves me, and I almost wish now that I had not asked the question. But I need to know. "And are the mages doing anything?" I ask, doubting I'll get an answer, and so I am surprised when she gives one. "Yes. We are trying to fight back, but are failing. We need a new hope, a new light...That is you, Ballad," she says gently. "You are our hope." I recoil as if hurt, shocked. I stare at her with wide eyes, my mind spinning. "May I ask you one last thing?" I ask, dazed. "Yes, dear one," she says. "Who are you?" "I am Claramond, your grandmother." ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Bluefin Charger Fin
DAY TWENTY

Woo, I hit 20 days! Crazy how long I've already started this, lol. I know I promised an update on Saturday, but I got distracted writing lore for my clan instead, plus I got food and had no other materials banked. XD

Anyways, today we'll see from Ballad's point of view for the last time in hopefully a while, and go back to primarily writing from third view.

No other updates, so I'll shut my trap after saying that some stuff will be revealed today! Exciting exciting, at least for me, lol. cx

Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125

I stare at the bloody spot where the dragon had lain only moments ago, and then collapse. The sting and deep pain of my wounds slowly takes over me, and black spots blink in and out of my vision. Then a flash of silvery white light shines, nearly throwing me into the pit of blackness.
"Stay strong," her lovely voice whispers. "I do not have the power to heal all your wounds now, but I can take care of some."
"Is it...it because I felt no pain when--when you healed my wing?" I gasp out, trying to blink my guide into focus.
"Yes, I am sorry, my son, but there was no other way. You must suffer a while, but it is a small price to pay." I slowly nod and rest my chin on the cold stone, bracing myself as I feel her cool fingers lay themselves on my shoulder. I jerk anyways at the sharp pain, biting back the worst of my screams. Yet still, my harsh yells ring out against stone for several minutes, until the hurting fades away.
"Thank...You," I whisper, then fall into oblivion.

I wake up in the exact same spot, and for the first time in my life I can actually see my guide for who she truly is. I lay there for a minute, drinking in her silvery beauty, until she turns and sees me.
"What are you?" I whisper, struggling to sit up. I wince, looking down to see some scratches on my arms and body. I wipe at the blood, but only smear it across my white skin. I glance back up as she answers.
"I am called a spirit. When a dragon of magic dies, they can choose to take the form of a spirit, a mystical creature that does not live but does not die. We can, however, be killed, but can never again take a mortal form," she says.
"So you once could use magic," I say, pondering her words. I've never heard of anything of the like, and it greatly intrigues me. My guide smiles, as if enjoying my curiosity.
"Yes, I was a rather powerful mage like you, Ballad," she tells me. I stare surprised, taking a moment to reply.
"So I'm strong with magic?" I ask wonderingly.
"Yes, and I will touch on that later, dear one. For now, we must get you to a safe place. No idle chat must pass any longer, but I will guide you to a safe haven." She alights into the air, and I fly after her, struggling to ignore the stinging ache in my wings. We soar parallel to the mountains, going no deeper into them but no closer to the valley that lays to my right. I feel tired and worn, but find strength to push on and follow the silver wisp of the spirit that guides me. It's evening by the time we alight into a small cave, nestled into the back of a mountain. I create a ring of small rocks and make a fire, warming myself. Strangely, my guide does not disappear.
"Why are you still here?" I ask.
"Don't you want me with you?" She counters, a small smile on her face.
"Well, yes, but you have never shown yourself to me before. Is it because I was attacked?" I tell her.
"You are partly correct, Ballad. I have never shown myself to you for your protection, and also other varying reasons. I needed you to trust me as just a voice, before I could show my form. It is also because of recent events, of the attack, that I must now warn you against some things," she answers me.
"What are they?" I ask, taking a drink from my water flask. I wish I still had food left over, as I feel my stomach cramp, but I ate the last of my rations the night before. I didn't take much because I thought I was going to be out of the mountains.
"Many things. I am also willing to answer a few of your questions, if they are of things I wish to tell you,"
"Alright," I say. She nods, and then continues.
"Now. Of that dragon that attacked you, she is of a group that has practiced evil for a very long time. They have no known name, only that they are a large and orderly tribe of mages that have a few special, terrible spells. The main of these spells is one that draws power--or magic, they are one of the same--into themselves."
"But why didn't she then take my magic from me, while we were fighting?" I ask.
"Patience, young one!" She says, but smiles despite the sternness of her words. "The catch of that spell is that the dragon must be dead. Spirits are not exempt from the spell, either, but if we die then the tribe can also take from our power. They are horrible, vicious dragons who cannot be trusted at all."
"That's awful," I murmur, snapping my fingers at the fire so it can grow larger.
"It is indeed. I do not know, now, how many of this tribe live in these lands beyond the mountains. I thought it would be safe for you, but now I must advise you, Ballad, to turn back. This land holds far too much mystery, too much danger, for you to dare travel it. Maybe another time, another day, but you mustn't put yourself in peril." She leans closer to me, eyes wide and concerned.
"Okay," I sigh, saddened. The land seemed so beautiful, but also threatening under the spirit's words. She softens slightly, drawing back.
"I am sorry, son, but I cannot let you go forward. You could be killed, and I do not want that. Go back to that group of dragons on the mountain, they are fair and safe. Dwell there, and I shall teach you further in magic. And when the time is right, I shall let you know more about the mages," she says.
"Why can't you let me know more about myself now?" I ask, growing slightly frustrated at her new revealing. "Is it really too dangerous to keep more secrets from me?"
"Yes!" She says sternly, fixing a glare on me. "I will not tell you anymore, except for any questions you have. Be careful even now, and think wisely of what you will ask."
"What does this tribe of evil dragons want?" I say, staring into her silvery blue eyes.
"Power," she whispers. "They wish to take over the land, to topple the High King." The quietness of her tone unnerves me, and I almost wish now that I had not asked the question. But I need to know.
"And are the mages doing anything?" I ask, doubting I'll get an answer, and so I am surprised when she gives one.
"Yes. We are trying to fight back, but are failing. We need a new hope, a new light...That is you, Ballad," she says gently. "You are our hope." I recoil as if hurt, shocked. I stare at her with wide eyes, my mind spinning.
"May I ask you one last thing?" I ask, dazed.
"Yes, dear one," she says.
"Who are you?"
"I am Claramond, your grandmother."

@MorningSkye

Ah! We finally know who the mysterious being is! I would have never guessed it would be his grandmother, ha! That's cool! Very interesting update! ^^
@MorningSkye

Ah! We finally know who the mysterious being is! I would have never guessed it would be his grandmother, ha! That's cool! Very interesting update! ^^
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125
Yup! I actually looked that name up on the spot, haha. XD For a while I toyed around with the idea of making her name 'Misty', but then I realized I wanted something more complex and cool, lol. But thanks! :D
We had some family sleep over last night, and so I'm probably gonna do another update today, since its kind of a day off, heh.

@Amphithere
Let me know if you want to be added to the pinglist, I hope you enjoy. ^.^
@Spottedleaf125
Yup! I actually looked that name up on the spot, haha. XD For a while I toyed around with the idea of making her name 'Misty', but then I realized I wanted something more complex and cool, lol. But thanks! :D
We had some family sleep over last night, and so I'm probably gonna do another update today, since its kind of a day off, heh.

@Amphithere
Let me know if you want to be added to the pinglist, I hope you enjoy. ^.^
[center][item=peacock scorpion] [size=5][b][u]DAY TWENTY-ONE[/b][/u][/size] Ah, Pinkerton, thank you. I have the day off today from school, and lookie lookie what Pink gave me. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted a new dragon or not, but then realized I should add one for a very important plot point. She will be briefly introduced today! :D Everyone meet Peppin! She was already named, so sadly I can't give her a cool one. XD [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33295453] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332955/33295453_350.png[/img] [/url] My first Ridgie ever...oooh! I also bought an adult because it was essential for the plot. (She also...Well, might've not been the cheapest drag...but I didn't want a brightly colored gal as she's not exactly that type...shh....) Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere ----- ----- The dragon landed roughly, whole body jostling from the quick landing. She folded her wings neatly, nails clicking against stone as she took a few steps forward. The large, harsh-looking dragon glanced down at the flat clearing on the mountain. A few dragons were gathered around a cave, one standing out particularly to her. A little boy, not very old, with dark purple coloring. He seemed upset, crying as he clung to who must be his mother. He seemed weak. Bendable, workable... "How wonderful," she whispered, smiling. She then causally tossed down a handful of pebbles, hearing them clatter loudly, almost echoing. The dragon then leapt behind a boulder, throwing herself nearly onto the ground. When she carefully looked, she saw a few of the group glance over. The boy was the last to look away, and noticed another handful of pebbles that her hand threw next. His eyes widened, and then he glanced over at his mother. "Come here, little one," she whispered to herself, clenching her hands into fists. She tossed one lone, little rock and it hit its mark. The boy winced, looking surprised as he looked back over. She thrust out her hand out of hiding and beckoned, then wrenched it back. Stubborn kid! Finally the boy murmured something to his parent, then began to make his way toward her. "About time," she growled to herself, tapping one long claw against the boulder impatiently. The boy was slow in climbing up the rocky slope, glancing around in an unsure manner. His mother watched him, but then turned around at something another dragon said. "Who...Who's here?" His voice was deeper then she expected, but still childish. "Why, it is me, dear little one," she said sweetly, smiling when the boy saw her. He stumbled back, startled, gasping. The female dragon flung out a hand and grabbed onto his shoulder, stopping him from toppling down the slope. "Now now!" She chided. "Don't fall, you could get hurt! I mean no harm," she said gently, reeling him in behind the boulder. "Who are you?" He demanded, fierce. But she saw right through his mock bravery, keeping a smile on as she answered. "Please call me Peppin, sweetie. What is your name?" "Why are you here? What do you want with me?" Was his answer. The dragon pretended to be hurt, drawing back slightly. "I be friendly, and you treat me like this?" She asked, face faintly surprised. "Why, child, I am here to make a friend. I am very lonely and have traveled long and far. I understand you may be wary, but I am innocent. My old tribe threw me out for stealing for my starving little sister." "...Really?" He asked, cocking his head. "Yes! It was ridiculous, I tell you. I'm looking for refuge in the mountains, and found your lovely little place quite by chance. I'm a little shy around others my age, and wanted to talk to you first," she told him, smiling once again. "Oh, well, sorry," he said sheepishly. "I'm Izak." "What a wonderful name, and it is quite alright, Izak," Peppin answered sweetly. "I'm just glad you came over." "Me too," Izak chirped, smiling happily. "If you would like, I could introduce you to the others! However...Well," he trailed off, frowning as sudden as a cloud covering the sun. The boy sighed, deflating. "What's wrong, sweetie?" Peppin asked, looking concerned as she rushed forward and placed her hands on his shoulders. "Well...My best friend just died in an accident..." Izak sniffed, tears leaking down his face. The other sighed, wiping a tear away gently. "Oh, I'm so sorry Izak. I don't want to interrupt in such a time as this, is there someplace nearby I can stay until things clear up?" "Sure," he answered, nodding and scrubbing at his eyes. "Follow me." She did, and the child led her to a nearby cave. "I can bring you some stuff later," he added. "You've done fine, I can fend for myself, Izak," she answered, embracing him in a gently firm hug. "I think you should go back, now, your mother might be worrying." "Alright," he mumbled, nodding against her shoulder. However, they stayed like that for another minute before the adult pulled back. "You poor thing," she whispered, cupping a hand against his cheek. "Be careful going back now, will you?" "I will, Peppin," he said, trying to smile for her. He instead looked away, sighing again. The dragon followed him out of the cave, standing still and watching the boy as he slowly made his way back to the group. ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Peacock Scorpion
DAY TWENTY-ONE

Ah, Pinkerton, thank you. I have the day off today from school, and lookie lookie what Pink gave me. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted a new dragon or not, but then realized I should add one for a very important plot point. She will be briefly introduced today! :D

Everyone meet Peppin! She was already named, so sadly I can't give her a cool one. XD

33295453_350.png

My first Ridgie ever...oooh! I also bought an adult because it was essential for the plot. (She also...Well, might've not been the cheapest drag...but I didn't want a brightly colored gal as she's not exactly that type...shh....)

Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere

The dragon landed roughly, whole body jostling from the quick landing. She folded her wings neatly, nails clicking against stone as she took a few steps forward. The large, harsh-looking dragon glanced down at the flat clearing on the mountain. A few dragons were gathered around a cave, one standing out particularly to her. A little boy, not very old, with dark purple coloring. He seemed upset, crying as he clung to who must be his mother. He seemed weak. Bendable, workable...
"How wonderful," she whispered, smiling. She then causally tossed down a handful of pebbles, hearing them clatter loudly, almost echoing. The dragon then leapt behind a boulder, throwing herself nearly onto the ground. When she carefully looked, she saw a few of the group glance over. The boy was the last to look away, and noticed another handful of pebbles that her hand threw next. His eyes widened, and then he glanced over at his mother.
"Come here, little one," she whispered to herself, clenching her hands into fists. She tossed one lone, little rock and it hit its mark. The boy winced, looking surprised as he looked back over. She thrust out her hand out of hiding and beckoned, then wrenched it back. Stubborn kid! Finally the boy murmured something to his parent, then began to make his way toward her.
"About time," she growled to herself, tapping one long claw against the boulder impatiently. The boy was slow in climbing up the rocky slope, glancing around in an unsure manner. His mother watched him, but then turned around at something another dragon said.
"Who...Who's here?" His voice was deeper then she expected, but still childish.
"Why, it is me, dear little one," she said sweetly, smiling when the boy saw her. He stumbled back, startled, gasping. The female dragon flung out a hand and grabbed onto his shoulder, stopping him from toppling down the slope.
"Now now!" She chided. "Don't fall, you could get hurt! I mean no harm," she said gently, reeling him in behind the boulder.
"Who are you?" He demanded, fierce. But she saw right through his mock bravery, keeping a smile on as she answered.
"Please call me Peppin, sweetie. What is your name?"
"Why are you here? What do you want with me?" Was his answer. The dragon pretended to be hurt, drawing back slightly.
"I be friendly, and you treat me like this?" She asked, face faintly surprised. "Why, child, I am here to make a friend. I am very lonely and have traveled long and far. I understand you may be wary, but I am innocent. My old tribe threw me out for stealing for my starving little sister."
"...Really?" He asked, cocking his head.
"Yes! It was ridiculous, I tell you. I'm looking for refuge in the mountains, and found your lovely little place quite by chance. I'm a little shy around others my age, and wanted to talk to you first," she told him, smiling once again.
"Oh, well, sorry," he said sheepishly. "I'm Izak."
"What a wonderful name, and it is quite alright, Izak," Peppin answered sweetly. "I'm just glad you came over."
"Me too," Izak chirped, smiling happily. "If you would like, I could introduce you to the others! However...Well," he trailed off, frowning as sudden as a cloud covering the sun. The boy sighed, deflating.
"What's wrong, sweetie?" Peppin asked, looking concerned as she rushed forward and placed her hands on his shoulders.
"Well...My best friend just died in an accident..." Izak sniffed, tears leaking down his face. The other sighed, wiping a tear away gently.
"Oh, I'm so sorry Izak. I don't want to interrupt in such a time as this, is there someplace nearby I can stay until things clear up?"
"Sure," he answered, nodding and scrubbing at his eyes. "Follow me." She did, and the child led her to a nearby cave. "I can bring you some stuff later," he added.
"You've done fine, I can fend for myself, Izak," she answered, embracing him in a gently firm hug. "I think you should go back, now, your mother might be worrying."
"Alright," he mumbled, nodding against her shoulder. However, they stayed like that for another minute before the adult pulled back.
"You poor thing," she whispered, cupping a hand against his cheek. "Be careful going back now, will you?"
"I will, Peppin," he said, trying to smile for her. He instead looked away, sighing again. The dragon followed him out of the cave, standing still and watching the boy as he slowly made his way back to the group.

@MorningSkye

Huh! I'm not quite sure what to think of Peppin, I'm not sure if she's sincere or conning them, but I have a feeling it's the later. Can't wait to learn more about her!
@MorningSkye

Huh! I'm not quite sure what to think of Peppin, I'm not sure if she's sincere or conning them, but I have a feeling it's the later. Can't wait to learn more about her!
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125

*Pumps fist* Yeah! I was trying to make Peppin seem that way, where no one can tell if she's good or bad yet. I guess it worked. XD But I also am very excited in writing more about her, you'll figure out more about Lil Miss Mysterious in the next few updates, though not much. x3

This week I'll *try* to update on Saturday actually, lol.
@Spottedleaf125

*Pumps fist* Yeah! I was trying to make Peppin seem that way, where no one can tell if she's good or bad yet. I guess it worked. XD But I also am very excited in writing more about her, you'll figure out more about Lil Miss Mysterious in the next few updates, though not much. x3

This week I'll *try* to update on Saturday actually, lol.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22