Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Migrants from Oakrest
1 2 ... 965 966 967 968 969 ... 1584 1585
Fox did you just shorten my five-letter username. :| Please. Please it's five letters. Please let it be 'ixris'. (good natured but honest complaint here)

What's your builds / level / elements / stones / whatever? I'm going to make dinner now, but I'll get to you in like an hour or so with some suggestions. :)

Lime - I love scales and circuit! I'm honestly trying to withhold judgement on the new baldwin gene until I see it and can play with it a little. :)

Also yes I am excited about the gem gene. Please come take my money to make me money.
Fox did you just shorten my five-letter username. :| Please. Please it's five letters. Please let it be 'ixris'. (good natured but honest complaint here)

What's your builds / level / elements / stones / whatever? I'm going to make dinner now, but I'll get to you in like an hour or so with some suggestions. :)

Lime - I love scales and circuit! I'm honestly trying to withhold judgement on the new baldwin gene until I see it and can play with it a little. :)

Also yes I am excited about the gem gene. Please come take my money to make me money.
I thought I saw some people shortening it whoops :|

And I'll have to get back to you once I get on an actual computer where the Coliseum doesn't run badly
I thought I saw some people shortening it whoops :|

And I'll have to get back to you once I get on an actual computer where the Coliseum doesn't run badly
6bbcbe9acf989176baa27b08e3311178ac4b7a7c.gif
Nope I am always ixris. :) Lowercase preferred.

Sounds good. <3 I can do a short and sweet suggested quick-and-dirty-it'll-get-you-through including some usual pitfalls of early builds if you don't know what you're doing after dinner is made. :)

Tonight is quinoa and asparagus and mushroom-and-some-kind-of-wine chicken. I AM A MASTER OF CUISINE AND NAMING THINGS. \o/
Nope I am always ixris. :) Lowercase preferred.

Sounds good. <3 I can do a short and sweet suggested quick-and-dirty-it'll-get-you-through including some usual pitfalls of early builds if you don't know what you're doing after dinner is made. :)

Tonight is quinoa and asparagus and mushroom-and-some-kind-of-wine chicken. I AM A MASTER OF CUISINE AND NAMING THINGS. \o/
Give me what you're having ixris, I'm probably making some toast for that good crunchiness.

My family made some super southern sausage gravy and biscuits and I can smell the Pillsbury biscuits already. Pillsbury dough makes me so ill.
Give me what you're having ixris, I'm probably making some toast for that good crunchiness.

My family made some super southern sausage gravy and biscuits and I can smell the Pillsbury biscuits already. Pillsbury dough makes me so ill.
rotty - *tries to shove some quinoa, etc through the interwebs* :\ GO DARN YOU!!!

oh no! That's such a shame! :C (mostly because I think biscuits and sausage and gravy are delish) Can you have sausage with the toast?
rotty - *tries to shove some quinoa, etc through the interwebs* :\ GO DARN YOU!!!

oh no! That's such a shame! :C (mostly because I think biscuits and sausage and gravy are delish) Can you have sausage with the toast?
@Ixris

So I have Meliadoul, Thariin, and Nightlock in the coliseum team right now (on the recommendation that you have at least one mage on your team, but I'm open to suggestions). Nightlock is Level 7, Meliadoul and Thar are Level 8.

Nightlock has Scratch in the first tier, Shred in the second and Frozen Acuity Fragment in the third tier. Meliadoul has Meditate in the first, Contuse and Leaf Bolt in the second. Thariin has Scratch in the first, Shred and Jungle Slash in the second tier. So Nature and Ice, basically.

Admittedly I sort of eye-balled my team build and strategy so lmao whatever help you could offer is highly appreciated.
@Ixris

So I have Meliadoul, Thariin, and Nightlock in the coliseum team right now (on the recommendation that you have at least one mage on your team, but I'm open to suggestions). Nightlock is Level 7, Meliadoul and Thar are Level 8.

Nightlock has Scratch in the first tier, Shred in the second and Frozen Acuity Fragment in the third tier. Meliadoul has Meditate in the first, Contuse and Leaf Bolt in the second. Thariin has Scratch in the first, Shred and Jungle Slash in the second tier. So Nature and Ice, basically.

Admittedly I sort of eye-balled my team build and strategy so lmao whatever help you could offer is highly appreciated.
Fox - Okay.

Meliadoul - Replace Leaf Bolt with Regeneration. It's a level 5 stone, so you should be able to use it no problem. When she is level 9, give her BOTH ambush stones so that you're able to regenerate first turn, so even if her health is low she can still help your other fighters if she gets KO'd. You can consider instead of ambush giving her a discipline stone, and it's pretty useful in the run-up to 25, but you will be replacing it with ambush once she is 25 (p much no builds use discipline), so it's your choice. If you do choose to use discipline, tho, put it in the first spot and ambush in the second. There is / was a glitch that prevented the first ambush stone from being activated.

Sink her stats in Int, Speed, and a LITTLE Vitality. With a healer, you don't need a ton, but you do need to be able to stand up to one scratch from the enemy.

Nightlock & Thariin - you can stat them the same or slightly different, depending on your preference. You want them to have high strength, high speed. I had a lot of use out of agility, but if your stat allocations are remotely salvageable for a real build, I suggest you start schooling them towards that.

Ultimately you want them to have 2 ambush, 3 berserkers each, regardless of what fighting build you're using. I can't recall another build that has something different and isn't a healer. If you get an eliminate, awesome! If not, last I checked they were close to 300kT on the AH, but that was months ago. The market for them is usually very strong, so they're expensive, but they're SUPER USEFUL.

Actual running:

You want Meliadoul to go FIRST if at all possible without letting the monsters get too many turns in between everyone. It's not SUPER important, but it will make your life easier. You can do this with strategic use of ambush stones (see the glitch I mentioned above) or her speed stat. In an ideal build all of your dragons should get more turns than or about 1:1 with the enemies.

Your healer is the backbone. She will need to meditate twice for every time she casts Regenerate, so your fighters will have to be quick and strong enough to beat the dickens out of the baddies but you don't need to worry about sinking stats in def or vit for them. A couple points of vit here and there won't break the build, but it won't be very necessary if your healer is doing her job.

I strongly suggest you keep some stat points available every time you start a new venue so you can tailor your team to what you feel you're lacking. Your ice & nature kids are probably getting their butts kicked in the scorched forest because of elemental disadvantage, but most other venues will not be THIS bad for you.

Note that you WILL have to tincture this party when they reach 25 to make them into a fully usable team, but you were going to have to do that probably anyway. First coli teams are usually a wreck, so don't worry about it. Play around and have fun, and know that nothing is super permanent. :)

Good luck!
Fox - Okay.

Meliadoul - Replace Leaf Bolt with Regeneration. It's a level 5 stone, so you should be able to use it no problem. When she is level 9, give her BOTH ambush stones so that you're able to regenerate first turn, so even if her health is low she can still help your other fighters if she gets KO'd. You can consider instead of ambush giving her a discipline stone, and it's pretty useful in the run-up to 25, but you will be replacing it with ambush once she is 25 (p much no builds use discipline), so it's your choice. If you do choose to use discipline, tho, put it in the first spot and ambush in the second. There is / was a glitch that prevented the first ambush stone from being activated.

Sink her stats in Int, Speed, and a LITTLE Vitality. With a healer, you don't need a ton, but you do need to be able to stand up to one scratch from the enemy.

Nightlock & Thariin - you can stat them the same or slightly different, depending on your preference. You want them to have high strength, high speed. I had a lot of use out of agility, but if your stat allocations are remotely salvageable for a real build, I suggest you start schooling them towards that.

Ultimately you want them to have 2 ambush, 3 berserkers each, regardless of what fighting build you're using. I can't recall another build that has something different and isn't a healer. If you get an eliminate, awesome! If not, last I checked they were close to 300kT on the AH, but that was months ago. The market for them is usually very strong, so they're expensive, but they're SUPER USEFUL.

Actual running:

You want Meliadoul to go FIRST if at all possible without letting the monsters get too many turns in between everyone. It's not SUPER important, but it will make your life easier. You can do this with strategic use of ambush stones (see the glitch I mentioned above) or her speed stat. In an ideal build all of your dragons should get more turns than or about 1:1 with the enemies.

Your healer is the backbone. She will need to meditate twice for every time she casts Regenerate, so your fighters will have to be quick and strong enough to beat the dickens out of the baddies but you don't need to worry about sinking stats in def or vit for them. A couple points of vit here and there won't break the build, but it won't be very necessary if your healer is doing her job.

I strongly suggest you keep some stat points available every time you start a new venue so you can tailor your team to what you feel you're lacking. Your ice & nature kids are probably getting their butts kicked in the scorched forest because of elemental disadvantage, but most other venues will not be THIS bad for you.

Note that you WILL have to tincture this party when they reach 25 to make them into a fully usable team, but you were going to have to do that probably anyway. First coli teams are usually a wreck, so don't worry about it. Play around and have fun, and know that nothing is super permanent. :)

Good luck!
Lots of info to digest, but thanks Ixris! I will try to gather the stones and change around orders to take your advice. :)
Lots of info to digest, but thanks Ixris! I will try to gather the stones and change around orders to take your advice. :)
Lone - I sent you a CR, so you're a little ahead of the game. :) The hybrid fragments may or may not work for you, but they don't drop a lot until they're no longer useful, so see if they work for you.
Lone - I sent you a CR, so you're a little ahead of the game. :) The hybrid fragments may or may not work for you, but they don't drop a lot until they're no longer useful, so see if they work for you.
oh I never showed off!! I got this very pretty xxx with lore, and I was going to pass her up, but then I saw the lore was by [i]Sal[/i] and I was just tickled to bits so I had to. Small world!! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26832807] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/268329/26832807_350.png[/img] [/url]
oh I never showed off!! I got this very pretty xxx with lore, and I was going to pass her up, but then I saw the lore was by Sal and I was just tickled to bits so I had to. Small world!!

26832807_350.png
1 2 ... 965 966 967 968 969 ... 1584 1585