Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Breezen Clan Lorebook
1 2
Hello, and welcome to my lore thread! As a general curtesy, I request that you don't post on here so I can keep things neat, but you're more than welcome to pm me for questions or to let me know if I've royally screwed up my own grammar! (It happens often. Please, please tell me if you see it) [rule] [center] [size=7][font=Monotype Corsiva]The Breezen Clan[/font][/size][/center] [center][b] .:: Introduction ::. [/b][/center] The Breezen Clan is a largely self-sufficient clan based in the Reedcleft Ascent. They are the second heaviest Exalting clan of the six in the surrounding area. They also dabble in exports, though not enough to rely on it. Shadow runs internal affairs, keeping track of every dragon and making sure no one goes missing without reason. Cocoa, her mate, runs external affairs as head of the Council. [center][b] .:: Location ::. [/b][/center] The Breezen Clan is centrally located in a gorge in the Reedcleft Ascent. Miles of caverns, tunnels, and clefts in the gorge have provided a large area for the clan to thrive in and defend should the need arise. A powerful river rushes below, providing water to the clan and danger to hatchlings that have yet to learn to fly. Plans are being sketched up to build a water mill, providing electricity to supplement the witchlights that provide the majority of light. Above the river, massive bridges span the gorge, connecting buildings, caverns, and other structures built straight into the rocky walls of the gorge. [center][color=transparent]---[/color][/center] [center][b] .:: Alliances ::. [/b][/center] The Breezen Clan is part of an alliance of five small clans and a larger port. The port hosts a massive market in which the five clans can barter and trade with one another while also providing export and input access via skyship and seaship. The alliance itself is called the Bamboo Alliance, due to the five clans being located near a great forest of bamboo that envelops the Brushstroke River. The Bamboo Alliance:[columns][list] [*]Alpha Ragni [*]Cricket's Landing [*]Kao Quy [/list][color=transparent]_________________________________________[/color] [nextcol][list] [*]The Breezen Clan [*]The Aairic Clan [*]Gull's Rest [/list][color=transparent]_________________________________________[/color] [/columns] The Breezen Clan is the southernmost of the five dragon clans, but there is a beastclan even farthur south, living in a forest that both clans have signed a treaty to share. Blackmistral, a Talonok flock that has only recently moved in, lives in tentative harmony with the dragons.
Hello, and welcome to my lore thread! As a general curtesy, I request that you don't post on here so I can keep things neat, but you're more than welcome to pm me for questions or to let me know if I've royally screwed up my own grammar! (It happens often. Please, please tell me if you see it)
The Breezen Clan
.:: Introduction ::.

The Breezen Clan is a largely self-sufficient clan based in the Reedcleft Ascent. They are the second heaviest Exalting clan of the six in the surrounding area. They also dabble in exports, though not enough to rely on it. Shadow runs internal affairs, keeping track of every dragon and making sure no one goes missing without reason. Cocoa, her mate, runs external affairs as head of the Council.
.:: Location ::.

The Breezen Clan is centrally located in a gorge in the Reedcleft Ascent. Miles of caverns, tunnels, and clefts in the gorge have provided a large area for the clan to thrive in and defend should the need arise. A powerful river rushes below, providing water to the clan and danger to hatchlings that have yet to learn to fly. Plans are being sketched up to build a water mill, providing electricity to supplement the witchlights that provide the majority of light. Above the river, massive bridges span the gorge, connecting buildings, caverns, and other structures built straight into the rocky walls of the gorge.
---
.:: Alliances ::.

The Breezen Clan is part of an alliance of five small clans and a larger port. The port hosts a massive market in which the five clans can barter and trade with one another while also providing export and input access via skyship and seaship. The alliance itself is called the Bamboo Alliance, due to the five clans being located near a great forest of bamboo that envelops the Brushstroke River.

The Bamboo Alliance:
  • Alpha Ragni
  • Cricket's Landing
  • Kao Quy
The Breezen Clan is the southernmost of the five dragon clans, but there is a beastclan even farthur south, living in a forest that both clans have signed a treaty to share. Blackmistral, a Talonok flock that has only recently moved in, lives in tentative harmony with the dragons.
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
[center][font=garamond][size=6]Table of Contents[/size][/font][/center] [columns] Meta [color=transparent]_________________________________________[/color] [list] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2110475#post_35377551]The Bamboo Alliance[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2110475#post_38093614]Blackmistral and The Treaty of Feathers[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2110475#post_38093617]Locations of Note[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2110475/1#post_38093921]Characters[/url] [nextcol] Stories [color=transparent]_________________________________________[/color] [list] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2110475/2#post_39550392]On Older Tides[/url] ~3k words [/columns]
Table of Contents
Meta
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
Navigation: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2110475#post_35312845]Table of Contents[/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Rctpk71.jpg[/img] [center][font=garamond][size=6]The Bamboo Alliance[/size][/font][columns][list] [*]Alpha Ragni [*]Cricket's Landing [*]Kao Quy [/list][color=transparent]_________________________________________[/color] [nextcol][list] [*]The Breezen Clan [*]The Aairic Clan [*]Gull's Rest [/list][color=transparent]_________________________________________[/color] [/columns][/center] [list][*][b]Alpha Ragni[/list] Location :: Northeast of the Breezen Clan, located on the west bank of the [indent]Brushstroke River [/indent] Notability :: Alpha Ragni is the main exalting clan of the five, and is well known for [indent]it's impressive military school and surprisingly lax rules, technique-wise. Trainees are encouraged to develop and experiment with their own style, and if found effective enough they may be encouraged to take up a teaching position of their own. [/indent] [list] [*][b]Cricket's Landing[/list] Location :: The eastern mouth of Hessy Lake, spanning the Brushstroke River. Large platforms stretch out over the water, similar to how Breezen is built but lower on the cliff-sides. Notability :: A fishing village with a love of excessively complex bamboo machinations. It's nearly a tourist town, with only the strict rules on those who are allowed to visit preventing the tiny clan from being overwhelmed and turned into one. There are few of the larger breeds, and them visiting is usually frowned upon, after an imp came and nearly leveled quite a few structures. [list] [*][b]Kao Quy [/b] (kay-oh kwee)[/list] Location :: Far northwest of the Brushstroke River and far west of the Breezen Clan, [indent]in a dense forest of bamboo [/indent] Notability :: A town based mostly around the school that shares it's name, Kao Quy [indent]University. The town enjoys a steady influx of researchers and students alike both locally and out-of-flight working to expand their knowledge. Inns and the like are popular there, and the population is the largest in the alliance. [/indent] [list] [*][b]The Aaric Clan [/b] (aiy-rik)[/list] Location :: Northwest of the Brushstroke River and directly north of the Breezen Clan Notability :: A loose association of herders who wander the west bank and raise [indent]massive beetles for food. Dragons from there, mostly skydancers, tend to be antisocial with a bitter temperament. It is unknown if that is a result of being approached by outsiders or if the caustic personality is a constant.[/indent] [list] [*][b]Gull's Rest[/list] Location :: The Wind/Water border, on a ledge extending out into the Sea of a [indent]Thousand Currents [/indent] Notability :: A large port well known for its easy accessibility for seaships and [indent]skyships alike. The Wind and Water Exalted keep a careful watch over what goes in and out, but a seedy history and a foundation as a former pirate hideout has led to a thriving black market. [/indent] ----- [map x=1953 y=2356 view=land width=480 height=240]Approximate Area[/map]
Navigation: Table of Contents

Rctpk71.jpg
The Bamboo Alliance
  • Alpha Ragni
  • Cricket's Landing
  • Kao Quy

Notability :: Alpha Ragni is the main exalting clan of the five, and is well known for
it's impressive military school and surprisingly lax rules, technique-wise. Trainees are encouraged to develop and experiment with their own style, and if found effective enough they may be encouraged to take up a teaching position of their own.

• Cricket's Landing
Location :: The eastern mouth of Hessy Lake, spanning the Brushstroke River. Large platforms stretch out over the water, similar to how Breezen is built but lower on the cliff-sides.

Notability :: A fishing village with a love of excessively complex bamboo machinations. It's nearly a tourist town, with only the strict rules on those who are allowed to visit preventing the tiny clan from being overwhelmed and turned into one. There are few of the larger breeds, and them visiting is usually frowned upon, after an imp came and nearly leveled quite a few structures.

• Kao Quy (kay-oh kwee)
Location :: Far northwest of the Brushstroke River and far west of the Breezen Clan,
in a dense forest of bamboo

Notability :: A town based mostly around the school that shares it's name, Kao Quy
University. The town enjoys a steady influx of researchers and students alike both locally and out-of-flight working to expand their knowledge. Inns and the like are popular there, and the population is the largest in the alliance.

• The Aaric Clan (aiy-rik)
Location :: Northwest of the Brushstroke River and directly north of the Breezen Clan

Notability :: A loose association of herders who wander the west bank and raise
massive beetles for food. Dragons from there, mostly skydancers, tend to be antisocial with a bitter temperament. It is unknown if that is a result of being approached by outsiders or if the caustic personality is a constant.

• Gull's Rest
Location :: The Wind/Water border, on a ledge extending out into the Sea of a
Thousand Currents

Notability :: A large port well known for its easy accessibility for seaships and
skyships alike. The Wind and Water Exalted keep a careful watch over what goes in and out, but a seedy history and a foundation as a former pirate hideout has led to a thriving black market.

I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
Navigation: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2110475#post_35312845]Table of Contents[/url] [center][font=garamond][size=6]Blackmistral[/size][/font][/center] Blackmistral is one of the smallest sized Beastclan villages, with a population of only about forty. They migrated to their current location about half a decade ago, after a rough famine forced them to move from their old location. The age demographic, as a result, is on the younger end with a few elders serving as a council advisory to the leaders. The village itself is located around a massive cone karst mountain, full of clefts and ledges for the village to build itself upon. Recently, slowly recovering from the journey, the village has expanded over to a few other nearby pinnacles as well. The clan leaders have a platform on the very peak of the mountain, surrounded by most of the raptorik flock's living quarters, armories, and correspondence areas. On the bottom area of the mountain lies the food stores, herb gardens, and living spaces of the corven, closer to the ground and easier to jump away from to forage. Scren [M] - Raptorik Leader [list] [*]A young, scrappy raptorik with a predisposition for negotiation got his place as leader after his predecessor was killed on the migration to Blackmistral’s current home. He was terribly nervous about royally screwing up but has more than once since then proven his courage and valor to the rest of the flock. When communicating with a potential enemy, Scren always tries to talk things out first, and avoid a fight if possible. His approach to outsiders has earned him some criticism, but if push comes to shove, he’s sure to be on the front lines, kiting the threat away from the clan. Dealing with moving to a new location on top of the stress of an alliance with the Breezen Clan has long since turned him off of the idea of a mate. He wants to, some time off in the distant future, but for now, he has better things to focus on. [/list] Lopcrit [F] - Corven Leader [list] [*]Lopcrit is a tough, no-nonsense talonok with a great deal of experience in the arcane art of invocation. Despite her status as the spiritual leader, she has seen enough of her kin succumb to tengu corruption and been forced to hunt and kill said kin in consequence that she has slowly lost faith in the spirits she prays to. She has begun to wonder if the dragons with their deities have it better. Their gods rarely answer and meddle even less, but the effect they have on the world is profound and, in general, always to the beneficiary of dragonkind. The alliance with the Breezen Clan was her idea, and she brought it up before the elder council. Before then, there was talk of declaring war upon the Breezen clan, which was a heavily disliked option because, at the time, Blackmistral was a small, weaker beastclan that, even had they won, would have suffered heavy losses from the larger and more well-established dragonclan. [/list] [center][color=transparent]---[/color][/center] [center][font=garamond][size=6]The Treaty of Feathers[/size][/font][/center] The Treaty of Feathers is the agreement formed between the Breezen Clan and Blackmistral, signed when Blackmistral first moved into their current home. [center][b] .:: Terms and Conditions::. [/b][/center] [list=1] [*]Members of Blackmistral are permitted access to the Brushstroke river and its waters at any time under any condition without harassment by a dragon of the Breezen Clan. [*]Members of Blackmistral, or any Beastclan member, are not permitted within the wards to the Breezen Clan, and will be expelled with prejudice if found without proper permission [*]Dragons of the Breezen Clan are allowed access to the forests and the bounty within them on the east bank of the Brushstroke river, and may not harass any Talonok there. [*]Dragons of the Breezen Clan, or any dragon of any clan, are not permitted within the boundary to Blackmistral and will be expelled with prejudice if found without proper permission [*]Upon finding a major threat to both parties within a reasonable distance to be a danger, negotiations may be reached to form a conjoined war party. [*]If either side should find a reason for aggression with the other, a formal meeting between leaders to settle the matter must be called before any action is taken by either side. [/list]
Blackmistral

Blackmistral is one of the smallest sized Beastclan villages, with a population of only about forty. They migrated to their current location about half a decade ago, after a rough famine forced them to move from their old location. The age demographic, as a result, is on the younger end with a few elders serving as a council advisory to the leaders.

The village itself is located around a massive cone karst mountain, full of clefts and ledges for the village to build itself upon. Recently, slowly recovering from the journey, the village has expanded over to a few other nearby pinnacles as well. The clan leaders have a platform on the very peak of the mountain, surrounded by most of the raptorik flock's living quarters, armories, and correspondence areas. On the bottom area of the mountain lies the food stores, herb gardens, and living spaces of the corven, closer to the ground and easier to jump away from to forage.

Scren [M] - Raptorik Leader
  • A young, scrappy raptorik with a predisposition for negotiation got his place as leader after his predecessor was killed on the migration to Blackmistral’s current home. He was terribly nervous about royally screwing up but has more than once since then proven his courage and valor to the rest of the flock.

When communicating with a potential enemy, Scren always tries to talk things out first, and avoid a fight if possible. His approach to outsiders has earned him some criticism, but if push comes to shove, he’s sure to be on the front lines, kiting the threat away from the clan.

Dealing with moving to a new location on top of the stress of an alliance with the Breezen Clan has long since turned him off of the idea of a mate. He wants to, some time off in the distant future, but for now, he has better things to focus on.

Lopcrit [F] - Corven Leader
  • Lopcrit is a tough, no-nonsense talonok with a great deal of experience in the arcane art of invocation. Despite her status as the spiritual leader, she has seen enough of her kin succumb to tengu corruption and been forced to hunt and kill said kin in consequence that she has slowly lost faith in the spirits she prays to. She has begun to wonder if the dragons with their deities have it better. Their gods rarely answer and meddle even less, but the effect they have on the world is profound and, in general, always to the beneficiary of dragonkind.

The alliance with the Breezen Clan was her idea, and she brought it up before the elder council. Before then, there was talk of declaring war upon the Breezen clan, which was a heavily disliked option because, at the time, Blackmistral was a small, weaker beastclan that, even had they won, would have suffered heavy losses from the larger and more well-established dragonclan.
---
The Treaty of Feathers
The Treaty of Feathers is the agreement formed between the Breezen Clan and Blackmistral, signed when Blackmistral first moved into their current home.
.:: Terms and Conditions::.
  1. Members of Blackmistral are permitted access to the Brushstroke river and its waters at any time under any condition without harassment by a dragon of the Breezen Clan.
  2. Members of Blackmistral, or any Beastclan member, are not permitted within the wards to the Breezen Clan, and will be expelled with prejudice if found without proper permission
  3. Dragons of the Breezen Clan are allowed access to the forests and the bounty within them on the east bank of the Brushstroke river, and may not harass any Talonok there.
  4. Dragons of the Breezen Clan, or any dragon of any clan, are not permitted within the boundary to Blackmistral and will be expelled with prejudice if found without proper permission
  5. Upon finding a major threat to both parties within a reasonable distance to be a danger, negotiations may be reached to form a conjoined war party.
  6. If either side should find a reason for aggression with the other, a formal meeting between leaders to settle the matter must be called before any action is taken by either side.
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
Locations

Name :: The Slides

Territory :: Wind, Zephyr Steppes

Description :: A massive stretch of Arcane crystal, smooth as glass, and sloped to
provide a slide. It's been shaped over the years to provide an entertaining place for young hatchlings to frolic.

Mentioned :: On Older Tides

-~-

Name :: The Paper Room

Territory :: Wind, The Breezen Clan

Description :: A large circular cave dug midway into the west cliffside with reed mats
hung from the ceiling and fastened to the walls. Each mat is pinned with tons of tiny paper notes, arranged just so to make a massive paper calendar, detailing the entire timeline of the current year. Tax letters, exalt commissions, copies of work orders, and much more decorate the calendar from floor to ceiling. The room itself is forbidden to enter by any outside the clan, and harsh repelling and alarm wards circle the entrance.

Mentioned :: N/A

-~-

Name :: N/A

Territory :: N/A

Description :: N/A

Locations

Name :: The Slides

Territory :: Wind, Zephyr Steppes

Description :: A massive stretch of Arcane crystal, smooth as glass, and sloped to
provide a slide. It's been shaped over the years to provide an entertaining place for young hatchlings to frolic.

Mentioned :: On Older Tides

-~-

Name :: The Paper Room

Territory :: Wind, The Breezen Clan

Description :: A large circular cave dug midway into the west cliffside with reed mats
hung from the ceiling and fastened to the walls. Each mat is pinned with tons of tiny paper notes, arranged just so to make a massive paper calendar, detailing the entire timeline of the current year. Tax letters, exalt commissions, copies of work orders, and much more decorate the calendar from floor to ceiling. The room itself is forbidden to enter by any outside the clan, and harsh repelling and alarm wards circle the entrance.

-~-

Name :: N/A

Territory :: N/A

Description :: N/A

• FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
Navigation: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2110475#post_35312845]Table of Contents[/url] [center][font=garamond][size=6]Characters[/size][/font][/center] Dragons, and the stories they are involved in. Mentions will not be counted. [list=1] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30040724]Shadow[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30040725]Cocoa[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29594264]Rakhi[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30176225]Hethalia[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30324354]Legion[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30972382]Saze[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33678611]Oakheart[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45715392]Pinesoul[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32029077]Mary[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5592755]Seivere[/url][list] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2110475/1#post_38097273]On Older Tides[/url] [/list] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39901498]Ellisa[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40445883]Zephyrite[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39234849]Meyer[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30163483]Starburst[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46371680]Aster[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48500274]Flow[/url]
Characters

Dragons, and the stories they are involved in. Mentions will not be counted.
  1. Shadow
  2. Cocoa
  3. Rakhi
  4. Hethalia
  5. Legion
  6. Saze
  7. Oakheart
  8. Pinesoul
  9. Mary
  10. Seivere
  11. Ellisa
  12. Zephyrite
  13. Meyer
  14. Starburst
  15. Aster
  16. Flow
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
Reserve
Reserve
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
Reserve
Reserve
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
Reserve
Reserve
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
Reserve
Reserve
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
1 2