Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Clan of the Dead [Lore / Event Hub]
1 2
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/9lktSgO.gif[/img] [center][size=3][color=blue][font=cambria][i]Lore Hub and Event Center[/color][/size][/center] [rule] Perhaps you know us. Perhaps you do not. Does it matter in the end? What do you know? What do you fear? We cannot help but wonder if you know about the disappearances. Hatchlings vanish without a trace, now and again. Adults fall into thin air, and are not seen afterwards. The shadows consume all. Mother consumes all. You call us cultists; we call you fools. You do not understand that which you do not see, cannot touch or know as deeply as we do. You are nothing but a skimmer, a pathetic fish of the shallows, fit for nothing but sacrifice. Our sacrifice. Do not be afraid; your death will go to an ultimate purpose. When we give you to the darkness, you will be used appropriately. Your body will fail, but it will rise again, midnight pooling in your eyes. You will be needed. You will be ours. But I am too cryptic, am I not? Nyss is blunter than I. Nimbus is more useful than I. Itami is more perceptive than I. Myself, I am but a humble watcher, and I see all. You do not see me, but that does not matter in the great scheme of things. Nothing does. We... We are a hive mind. There is no "I". We abolished it. We must not forget this. There is nothing more important than our collective self. The individual is weak. May we tell you a legend of our clan? It is fragmented, yes, but it is there. Look, stranger. See. Tear us apart and understand, and we will let you in, part our bones and release the shadows within so that you might join us, become one with us. We all gave in eventually.
9lktSgO.gif
Lore Hub and Event Center

Perhaps you know us. Perhaps you do not. Does it matter in the end?

What do you know? What do you fear?

We cannot help but wonder if you know about the disappearances. Hatchlings vanish without a trace, now and again. Adults fall into thin air, and are not seen afterwards. The shadows consume all. Mother consumes all.

You call us cultists; we call you fools. You do not understand that which you do not see, cannot touch or know as deeply as we do. You are nothing but a skimmer, a pathetic fish of the shallows, fit for nothing but sacrifice. Our sacrifice.

Do not be afraid; your death will go to an ultimate purpose. When we give you to the darkness, you will be used appropriately. Your body will fail, but it will rise again, midnight pooling in your eyes. You will be needed. You will be ours.

But I am too cryptic, am I not? Nyss is blunter than I. Nimbus is more useful than I. Itami is more perceptive than I. Myself, I am but a humble watcher, and I see all. You do not see me, but that does not matter in the great scheme of things. Nothing does.

We... We are a hive mind. There is no "I". We abolished it. We must not forget this. There is nothing more important than our collective self. The individual is weak.

May we tell you a legend of our clan? It is fragmented, yes, but it is there. Look, stranger. See. Tear us apart and understand, and we will let you in, part our bones and release the shadows within so that you might join us, become one with us.

We all gave in eventually.
Alliud.png 2692AT93z7j1Iz1H9pK-sm.png
To Be Filled
To Be Filled
The Territory

The Territory

[center][color=purple][font=Papyrus][size=7][size=5]Laws and Rules[/size][/font][/color][/center] [rule] [b]Punishable by imprisonment[/b] [LIST] [*]Refusing to obey non-critical orders. [*]Killing an outsider without permission. [*]Verbally abusing a hatchling. [*]Possession of mildly contraband materials, relinquished to authority willingly. [*]Killing an elderly clan member. [/LIST] [b]Punishable by enslavement or servitude[/b] [LIST] [*]Refusal to obey critical orders. [*]Intruding upon the borders of the clan (outsiders only). [*]Frequently speaking against authority in a dissatisfied manner. [*]Frequent minor physical abuse of any clan member (I.e. hitting). [*]Hoarding clan property as one's own. [*]Personal rebellion. [/LIST] [b]Punishable by complete shunning[/b] [List] [*]Refusing to provide for the clan. [*]Ignoring a hatchling in need. [*]Refusing to treat the wounds of a clan member if able to treat them. [*]Refusing an ally entrance to our lair. [*]Discussing an exalted dragon. [*]Renaming oneself without permission. [/list] [b]Punishable by loss of wings or flight[/b] [list] [*]Plotting to leave the clan without permission. [*]Attempting to leave the clan without permission. [*]Possession of mildly contraband materials, not willingly relinquished to authorities. [*]Purposefully maiming a clan member, but not fatally or severely. [*]Consistently neglecting your own hatchlings. [*]Attempting to leave a state of servitude or enslavement. [/list] [b]Punishable by banishment to an enemy clan[/b] [list] [*]Espionage against the clan. [*]Attempts to study the enemy in a non-tactical manner. [*]Usurping authority. [*]Killing a single hatchling intentionally. [*]Harming an ally. [/list] [b]Punishable by experimentation[/b] [list] [*]Purposefully maiming a clan member so that they can no longer function normally. [*]Severe hatchling abuse. [*]Killing a single clan member of fighting age. [*]Killing several hatchlings intentionally. [*]Using magic other than those presently authorized. [*]Framing a clan member for a crime. [*]Attempted revolution that does not involve successfully killing the clan leader. [*]Attempted alteration of one's own form or another's form without permission. [*]Leading a mass exodus from the clan. [*]Purposefully spreading disease with no intent to kill. [*]Vigilante behaviors. [/list] [b]Death penalty[/b] [list] [*]Attempted assassination of the clan leader. [*]Killing multiple clan members. [*]Aiding the enemy. [*]Bias towards enemies in a trial. [*]Spreading dissent among the clan. [*]Evading capture or punishment. [*]Crimes against the clan (outsiders only). [*]Purposefully spreading disease within the clan with the intent to kill. [*]Giving hatchlings to another clan without permission. [*]Killing allied clans' dragons. [/list] [b]Other[/b] [list] [*]One hatchling from every clutch must be offered to Lunedesang. If she refuses, the parents are not required to offer another to her. [*]Exalted dragons are to be never spoken of again. [*]Allies are to be treated with respect. [*]Humans are nothing but a myth. [*]Do not abuse Elros. [*]Allow our fear-inducing specteres to feed from you if they wish to. [/list]
Laws and Rules

Punishable by imprisonment
  • Refusing to obey non-critical orders.
  • Killing an outsider without permission.
  • Verbally abusing a hatchling.
  • Possession of mildly contraband materials, relinquished to authority willingly.
  • Killing an elderly clan member.

Punishable by enslavement or servitude
  • Refusal to obey critical orders.
  • Intruding upon the borders of the clan (outsiders only).
  • Frequently speaking against authority in a dissatisfied manner.
  • Frequent minor physical abuse of any clan member (I.e. hitting).
  • Hoarding clan property as one's own.
  • Personal rebellion.

Punishable by complete shunning
  • Refusing to provide for the clan.
  • Ignoring a hatchling in need.
  • Refusing to treat the wounds of a clan member if able to treat them.
  • Refusing an ally entrance to our lair.
  • Discussing an exalted dragon.
  • Renaming oneself without permission.

Punishable by loss of wings or flight
  • Plotting to leave the clan without permission.
  • Attempting to leave the clan without permission.
  • Possession of mildly contraband materials, not willingly relinquished to authorities.
  • Purposefully maiming a clan member, but not fatally or severely.
  • Consistently neglecting your own hatchlings.
  • Attempting to leave a state of servitude or enslavement.

Punishable by banishment to an enemy clan
  • Espionage against the clan.
  • Attempts to study the enemy in a non-tactical manner.
  • Usurping authority.
  • Killing a single hatchling intentionally.
  • Harming an ally.

Punishable by experimentation
  • Purposefully maiming a clan member so that they can no longer function normally.
  • Severe hatchling abuse.
  • Killing a single clan member of fighting age.
  • Killing several hatchlings intentionally.
  • Using magic other than those presently authorized.
  • Framing a clan member for a crime.
  • Attempted revolution that does not involve successfully killing the clan leader.
  • Attempted alteration of one's own form or another's form without permission.
  • Leading a mass exodus from the clan.
  • Purposefully spreading disease with no intent to kill.
  • Vigilante behaviors.

Death penalty
  • Attempted assassination of the clan leader.
  • Killing multiple clan members.
  • Aiding the enemy.
  • Bias towards enemies in a trial.
  • Spreading dissent among the clan.
  • Evading capture or punishment.
  • Crimes against the clan (outsiders only).
  • Purposefully spreading disease within the clan with the intent to kill.
  • Giving hatchlings to another clan without permission.
  • Killing allied clans' dragons.

Other
  • One hatchling from every clutch must be offered to Lunedesang. If she refuses, the parents are not required to offer another to her.
  • Exalted dragons are to be never spoken of again.
  • Allies are to be treated with respect.
  • Humans are nothing but a myth.
  • Do not abuse Elros.
  • Allow our fear-inducing specteres to feed from you if they wish to.
Punishment Protocol

Imprisonment

Servitude/Enslavement

Shunning

Loss of Flight

Banishment

Experimentation

Death

Punishment Protocol

Imprisonment

Servitude/Enslavement

Shunning

Loss of Flight

Banishment

Experimentation

Death

Proper Behavior and Conduct

General Conduct
Dragons of the clan must be respectful of one another and especially of authority. They should not question orders, and willingly accept punishment if guilty of a crime. They must see their life as worthless compared to that of those above them, and allow themselves to be killed in battle if it benefits the clan. They are expected to have one or two friends within the clan. Friends must speak about safe topics, such as insulting the enemy or complimenting the others' battle skills. No dragon may brag or otherwise inflate themselves, or compliment any aspect of the enemy in a non-ironic manner. Battle stories are encouraged, especially if exaggerated.

Safe Topics
Safe topics of discussion include praising authority, battle stories, complimenting clan members, insulting the enemy, assessing a hatchling's future battle skills, discussing the daily routine, planning patrols, discussing the latest battle techniques, discussing familiars and their behaviors, discussing one's own job in a modest manner, insulting shamed dragons, discussing how to remedy and item or food shortages, and any other war-related topics. Also allowed are any mild discussions of hatchlings that do not include contraband topics, and anything not expressively contraband.

Contraband Topics
Anything praising the enemy, insulting the leader, discussing the harm of another clan member, discussing exalted dragons, planning a revolt or revolution, anything resembling unhappiness with the current state of the clan and of yourself, or anything even remotely illegal.

Discussing exalted dragons or planning the death of a clan member will result in arrest.
Proper Behavior and Conduct

General Conduct
Dragons of the clan must be respectful of one another and especially of authority. They should not question orders, and willingly accept punishment if guilty of a crime. They must see their life as worthless compared to that of those above them, and allow themselves to be killed in battle if it benefits the clan. They are expected to have one or two friends within the clan. Friends must speak about safe topics, such as insulting the enemy or complimenting the others' battle skills. No dragon may brag or otherwise inflate themselves, or compliment any aspect of the enemy in a non-ironic manner. Battle stories are encouraged, especially if exaggerated.

Safe Topics
Safe topics of discussion include praising authority, battle stories, complimenting clan members, insulting the enemy, assessing a hatchling's future battle skills, discussing the daily routine, planning patrols, discussing the latest battle techniques, discussing familiars and their behaviors, discussing one's own job in a modest manner, insulting shamed dragons, discussing how to remedy and item or food shortages, and any other war-related topics. Also allowed are any mild discussions of hatchlings that do not include contraband topics, and anything not expressively contraband.

Contraband Topics
Anything praising the enemy, insulting the leader, discussing the harm of another clan member, discussing exalted dragons, planning a revolt or revolution, anything resembling unhappiness with the current state of the clan and of yourself, or anything even remotely illegal.

Discussing exalted dragons or planning the death of a clan member will result in arrest.
[center][color=purple][font=Papyrus][size=7][size=5]Incidents[/size][/font][/color][/center] [rule] [b]Anger Spawns Anger[/b]~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30378847]Kokyu[/url] Eventually, the meek will rise against the strong. [b]The Brothers' Curse[/b]~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29551176]Trill[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29551177]Avarice[/url] Poor Trill. He used to be so happy; now, he barely responds to his own name, and few know what really went wrong. [b]Madness Ensues[/b]~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29910590]Reoni[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29454273]Fear of Shattering,[/url] Reoni seems a little... strange. Anomalous, even; the clan had reason to lock her in a back room. [b]The Sleepers[/b]~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30104799]Pitch[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30095948]Charr[/url] For some reason, no one can wake Charr from his sleep. No one is quite sure why, but Pitch seems to spend a lot of time checking on him. [b]The Fallen[/b]~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30460394]Elros[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30520220]Neko[/url] Accidents happen, but one has to wonder if the accident has a purpose. [rule] [img]http://pre12.deviantart.net/8ec6/th/pre/i/2017/024/5/2/hello_by_alliud-dawmm1v.jpg[/img]
Incidents

Anger Spawns Anger~ Kokyu
Eventually, the meek will rise against the strong.

The Brothers' Curse~ Trill and Avarice

Poor Trill. He used to be so happy; now, he barely responds to his own name, and few know what really went wrong.

Madness Ensues~ Reoni and Fear of Shattering,

Reoni seems a little... strange. Anomalous, even; the clan had reason to lock her in a back room.

The Sleepers~ Pitch, Charr

For some reason, no one can wake Charr from his sleep. No one is quite sure why, but Pitch seems to spend a lot of time checking on him.

The Fallen~ Elros and Neko

Accidents happen, but one has to wonder if the accident has a purpose.

hello_by_alliud-dawmm1v.jpg
Alliances and Enemies

All is fair in love and war.

Allies
@Ximena
@Aruemon
@Disillusionist

Enemies
@Rubywolf30
@Wrathka
@blergyps
Alliances and Enemies

All is fair in love and war.

Allies
@Ximena
@Aruemon
@Disillusionist

Enemies
@Rubywolf30
@Wrathka
@blergyps
@Alliud

Can we be allies? My lore book is over here, if you want to read it. I'm still developing parts of my lore, but I have a decent grasp on it. You can also read my dragons bios, most of them have some kind of writing, others just have ideas in theirs, if you want to develop relationships between dragons.
@Alliud

Can we be allies? My lore book is over here, if you want to read it. I'm still developing parts of my lore, but I have a decent grasp on it. You can also read my dragons bios, most of them have some kind of writing, others just have ideas in theirs, if you want to develop relationships between dragons.
XSA45qz.jpg3Dyszo8.jpg
@Ximena

Absolutely, and it's perfectly fine; I'm still working on my bios as well. I'll add you.
@Ximena

Absolutely, and it's perfectly fine; I'm still working on my bios as well. I'll add you.
1 2