Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Paths We Wander [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
@Petall I didn't know how well you could draw!!!! That is amazing! Well done!
@Petall I didn't know how well you could draw!!!! That is amazing! Well done!
@CleverDual

Thank you!!!! :D :D :D
@CleverDual

Thank you!!!! :D :D :D
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center][b][u]Day 5[/u][/b] [item=Tolbunt Rooster] Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles (revoked due to only having one battle-ready dragon.) @CleverDual @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing @Ezmara @Shanuuk @FlightofStars @Skyeset @Kizzan [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/3#post_25027475]Previous[/url] _______________________________________________________________________________________[/center] It had been a few days since Proxima and Chronos had arrived in the cavern, and little had changed in terms of the skydancer's condition. Chronos had done everything he could. He had read all of his books several times over, trying to find some bit of medical information that would help, but most of his books were about history, not medicine. He and Proxima gathered food in shifts, neither wanting to leave the skydancer on their own, not that they'd know what to do if she took a turn for the worse. Chronos, still unnerved with spending so much time underground, took longer hunting trips than Proxima, and tried to use that time to search for something, anything, that could help. [i]If only only I could fly.[/i] He found himself thinking one morning as he watched the dragons swooping through the air above them, too high for him to call out to them. [i]Maybe someone up there would know what to do.[/i] Eventually, he had to admit that he had been gone from the cavern for too long. Gathering up the plants he had found, he began to make his way back to the clearing. The journey ran smoothly, at least until Chronos neared the clearing. Suddenly, he heard the crow of a rooster. He barely had time to register the noise when he was suddenly overwhelmed by a flock of chickens racing past him. Chronos could do nothing but close his eyes and wait for it to be over. Once the noise died down, he dared to open his eyes a crack. His nose was tickling, and he sneezed away a feather. Returning to his senses, he shook himself and stepped into the clearing. Lying in the center of the clearing was a dead rooster, feathers mussed and neck twisted awkwardly. Chronos stared at the poor thing, wondering what had happened to it. It wasn't as if any of them ate meat? Who would have left it there? Were the others safe? Anxiety beginning to pound in his heart, he made rushed as quickly as he could to the tunnel, ignoring the way the thought of delving underground once more twisted inside of him. As he drew nearer to the cavern, he began to hear a hissing sound... ____________________________________________________________________________________ And so on with the story! I was tempted to have Vaille face all those battles and have that determine her fate with her illness, but that would have been suicide for her, on her own, so I decided to revoke that pull and just write instead. Sorry for leaving you all on a cliffhanger. What the hissing is coming from depends on my pull tomorrow, but until then, I must leave you in suspense. The good news is that Chronos and Proxima will be grown up tomorrow! [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/4#post_25065269]Next[/url][/center]
Day 5
Tolbunt Rooster
Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles (revoked due to only having one battle-ready dragon.)
@CleverDual @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing @Ezmara @Shanuuk @FlightofStars @Skyeset @Kizzan

Previous
_______________________________________________________________________________________

It had been a few days since Proxima and Chronos had arrived in the cavern, and little had changed in terms of the skydancer's condition. Chronos had done everything he could. He had read all of his books several times over, trying to find some bit of medical information that would help, but most of his books were about history, not medicine.

He and Proxima gathered food in shifts, neither wanting to leave the skydancer on their own, not that they'd know what to do if she took a turn for the worse. Chronos, still unnerved with spending so much time underground, took longer hunting trips than Proxima, and tried to use that time to search for something, anything, that could help.

If only only I could fly. He found himself thinking one morning as he watched the dragons swooping through the air above them, too high for him to call out to them. Maybe someone up there would know what to do.

Eventually, he had to admit that he had been gone from the cavern for too long. Gathering up the plants he had found, he began to make his way back to the clearing.

The journey ran smoothly, at least until Chronos neared the clearing. Suddenly, he heard the crow of a rooster. He barely had time to register the noise when he was suddenly overwhelmed by a flock of chickens racing past him. Chronos could do nothing but close his eyes and wait for it to be over. Once the noise died down, he dared to open his eyes a crack. His nose was tickling, and he sneezed away a feather. Returning to his senses, he shook himself and stepped into the clearing.

Lying in the center of the clearing was a dead rooster, feathers mussed and neck twisted awkwardly. Chronos stared at the poor thing, wondering what had happened to it. It wasn't as if any of them ate meat? Who would have left it there? Were the others safe? Anxiety beginning to pound in his heart, he made rushed as quickly as he could to the tunnel, ignoring the way the thought of delving underground once more twisted inside of him.

As he drew nearer to the cavern, he began to hear a hissing sound...

____________________________________________________________________________________

And so on with the story! I was tempted to have Vaille face all those battles and have that determine her fate with her illness, but that would have been suicide for her, on her own, so I decided to revoke that pull and just write instead.

Sorry for leaving you all on a cliffhanger. What the hissing is coming from depends on my pull tomorrow, but until then, I must leave you in suspense.

The good news is that Chronos and Proxima will be grown up tomorrow!

b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center][b][u]Day 6[/u][/b] [item=Steelhound Core] Sentence: Writing @CleverDual @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing @Ezmara @Shanuuk @FlightofStars @Skyeset @Kizzan [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/4#post_25049896]Previous[/url] _______________________________________________________________________________________[/center] Chronos burst into the cavern, ready to take on whatever was threatening his friends. To his horror, he saw a large brown serthis looming over the skydancer. He looked to be dropping some concoction over her wounds, and as the liquid met dried blood, it started to hiss and steam. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/6333.png[/img][/center] "Get away from her!" Chronos bellowed at the top of his lungs, ready to race forwards and trample the meddling serpent into the ground. "Get away from her, you monster!" The sethis spun around, fire in his eyes, but is was Proxima who spoke first. "No! Stop! It's alright! He's here to help!" Her blue eyes stared at Chronos in shock and fear, and that, more than anything, calmed his rage. He became aware of a few stray rocks falling from the ceiling, one almost hitting the serthis, and Chronos began to feel his usual underground anxiety. "Now that you've finished your brave put foolish display of anger, may I ask that you settle down? It's hard enough to treat this patient without your creation of natural disasters." The serthis remarked bitterly. "It's dangerous enough in here with that serthis venom seeping across the ground without your adding to it. Seriously, have none of you thought to clean that up? Do you have a death wish?" "W-we weren't sure how to do it without getting seriously injured." Chronos stammered. He felt heat rising in him and spreading to his cheeks. "I suppose I could have expected worse from hatchlings." The serthis rolled his eyes. "Now, let me finish what I am doing here, and then we can talk properly." Chronos watched with some interest as the serthis continued to apply his brew to the injuries. Once he had finished, he put a stopper in the flask and set it down carefully in a crevice on the wall. He then pulled another potion from the crevice and poured it onto the venom staining the floor. Once the two chemicals met, they bubbled, then turned a sort of orange colour. The serthis then removed a cloth from his belt and wiped up the liquids. "Chronos! Take this and dispose of this somewhere outside, [i]preferably[/i] not in the clearing." Chronos could do nothing but obey the serpent's orders. "There's a good boy." Once he returned, he found that the serthis had made what looked to be tea. He had coiled himself up and seemed to be resting. Proxima was seated nearby, taking small sips of her beverage and smiling weakly with each mouthful. "Sit down." The serthis nodded, gesturing to a cup of tea nearby. Still feeling very confused, Chronos sat down, quickly glancing at the skydancer. She seemed to be breathing more easily now. Reassured, the snapper reached down and took a sip of tea. The moment it hit his tongue, he gagged, and almost spewed the contents onto the floor, but he managed to swallow it down. "Drink it up." The sethis narrowed his eyes, seeing the look of disgust on his face. "It's good for the immune system, it's not supposed to taste good. It's supposed to make sure you don't get sick with what Vaille has." "Vaille?" Chronos cocked his head in confusion. "That's the name of the skydancer." Proxima cut in, setting down her empty tea cup. "This is Viper. He's an old friend of hers." "I was tied in service to a friend of her parents." Viper explained, taking another sip of his tea. "Donovan. I broke the rules of my clan by helping a young hatchling lost in the plaguelands, and as a punishment, I was exiled and bound to serve that hatchling and his descendants for the rest of my life. From there, I expected to take the hatchling home, but he didn't want to go home. So I had to follow the young fool through every scrape he got himself into." "Where is Donovan now?" Chronos asked. "Why aren't you with him? Is he nearby?" "Slow down, youngling, not so many questions." Viper shot a warning look at the snapper. "He's dead." Chronos opened his mouth to open another question, but Proxima shushed him. "Now, Donovan didn't have any offspring of his own, but he was in love with Vaille's mother. However, she did not choose him, she chose to love another dragon. They had hatchlings, and one of those hatchlings is lying right there on those linens. Donovan understood and respected her choice, and loved those hatchlings as if they were his own. Now that he is dead, my contract of service has been moved to her, and you are mighty lucky it did, because she would be dead herself by the end of the week if she hadn't found a proper doctor." "You're staying here then? With us?" Chronos asked, trying to imagine what it would be like to live under the same roof as a member of the beastclans. Viper wasn't as bad as he had expected, but still, he had to admit this was strange. "I'm here as long as Vaille is." Viper affirmed. "Whether any of us like it or not." ________________________________________________________________________________ So, time to introduce (or reintroduce) a new character! it took some time to think of how I was going to start Vaille on the path of recovery, because it seemed unrealistic for Chronos or Proxima to suddenly pick up a knack for healing with no teaching. These past few days I've been hoping to pick up a familiar so i could bring in a new dragon, but it wasn't until yesterday that I had the idea to bring Viper back. I didn't end up writing him as much as I wanted to last Pinkerlocke, so I'm glad to have another opportunity! Chronos and Proxima are now grown up, though for the sake of timing, they are still technically hatchlings in this update. Time will likely pass in story between this update and the next, so that is when they will leave the hatchling stage. It's really cool, because the days of my pinkerlocke correspond with how many days old Chronos and Proxima are! Speaking of my previous Pinkerlocke, I wanted to let you know that I found a couple theme songs for Larimar. I thought I'd share them with you because I thought you might appreciate them. They are listed in his bio, so you can see them in his profile [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=256252&tab=dragon&did=27979036]here[/url]. [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/4#post_25094047]Next[/url][/center]
Day 6
Steelhound Core
Sentence: Writing
@CleverDual @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing @Ezmara @Shanuuk @FlightofStars @Skyeset @Kizzan

Previous
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Chronos burst into the cavern, ready to take on whatever was threatening his friends. To his horror, he saw a large brown serthis looming over the skydancer. He looked to be dropping some concoction over her wounds, and as the liquid met dried blood, it started to hiss and steam.
6333.png

"Get away from her!" Chronos bellowed at the top of his lungs, ready to race forwards and trample the meddling serpent into the ground. "Get away from her, you monster!"

The sethis spun around, fire in his eyes, but is was Proxima who spoke first.

"No! Stop! It's alright! He's here to help!" Her blue eyes stared at Chronos in shock and fear, and that, more than anything, calmed his rage. He became aware of a few stray rocks falling from the ceiling, one almost hitting the serthis, and Chronos began to feel his usual underground anxiety.

"Now that you've finished your brave put foolish display of anger, may I ask that you settle down? It's hard enough to treat this patient without your creation of natural disasters." The serthis remarked bitterly. "It's dangerous enough in here with that serthis venom seeping across the ground without your adding to it. Seriously, have none of you thought to clean that up? Do you have a death wish?"

"W-we weren't sure how to do it without getting seriously injured." Chronos stammered. He felt heat rising in him and spreading to his cheeks.

"I suppose I could have expected worse from hatchlings." The serthis rolled his eyes. "Now, let me finish what I am doing here, and then we can talk properly."

Chronos watched with some interest as the serthis continued to apply his brew to the injuries. Once he had finished, he put a stopper in the flask and set it down carefully in a crevice on the wall. He then pulled another potion from the crevice and poured it onto the venom staining the floor. Once the two chemicals met, they bubbled, then turned a sort of orange colour. The serthis then removed a cloth from his belt and wiped up the liquids.

"Chronos! Take this and dispose of this somewhere outside, preferably not in the clearing." Chronos could do nothing but obey the serpent's orders. "There's a good boy."

Once he returned, he found that the serthis had made what looked to be tea. He had coiled himself up and seemed to be resting. Proxima was seated nearby, taking small sips of her beverage and smiling weakly with each mouthful.

"Sit down." The serthis nodded, gesturing to a cup of tea nearby. Still feeling very confused, Chronos sat down, quickly glancing at the skydancer. She seemed to be breathing more easily now. Reassured, the snapper reached down and took a sip of tea. The moment it hit his tongue, he gagged, and almost spewed the contents onto the floor, but he managed to swallow it down.

"Drink it up." The sethis narrowed his eyes, seeing the look of disgust on his face. "It's good for the immune system, it's not supposed to taste good. It's supposed to make sure you don't get sick with what Vaille has."

"Vaille?" Chronos cocked his head in confusion.

"That's the name of the skydancer." Proxima cut in, setting down her empty tea cup. "This is Viper. He's an old friend of hers."

"I was tied in service to a friend of her parents." Viper explained, taking another sip of his tea. "Donovan. I broke the rules of my clan by helping a young hatchling lost in the plaguelands, and as a punishment, I was exiled and bound to serve that hatchling and his descendants for the rest of my life. From there, I expected to take the hatchling home, but he didn't want to go home. So I had to follow the young fool through every scrape he got himself into."

"Where is Donovan now?" Chronos asked. "Why aren't you with him? Is he nearby?"

"Slow down, youngling, not so many questions." Viper shot a warning look at the snapper. "He's dead." Chronos opened his mouth to open another question, but Proxima shushed him. "Now, Donovan didn't have any offspring of his own, but he was in love with Vaille's mother. However, she did not choose him, she chose to love another dragon. They had hatchlings, and one of those hatchlings is lying right there on those linens. Donovan understood and respected her choice, and loved those hatchlings as if they were his own. Now that he is dead, my contract of service has been moved to her, and you are mighty lucky it did, because she would be dead herself by the end of the week if she hadn't found a proper doctor."

"You're staying here then? With us?" Chronos asked, trying to imagine what it would be like to live under the same roof as a member of the beastclans. Viper wasn't as bad as he had expected, but still, he had to admit this was strange.

"I'm here as long as Vaille is." Viper affirmed. "Whether any of us like it or not."

________________________________________________________________________________

So, time to introduce (or reintroduce) a new character! it took some time to think of how I was going to start Vaille on the path of recovery, because it seemed unrealistic for Chronos or Proxima to suddenly pick up a knack for healing with no teaching. These past few days I've been hoping to pick up a familiar so i could bring in a new dragon, but it wasn't until yesterday that I had the idea to bring Viper back. I didn't end up writing him as much as I wanted to last Pinkerlocke, so I'm glad to have another opportunity!

Chronos and Proxima are now grown up, though for the sake of timing, they are still technically hatchlings in this update. Time will likely pass in story between this update and the next, so that is when they will leave the hatchling stage. It's really cool, because the days of my pinkerlocke correspond with how many days old Chronos and Proxima are!

Speaking of my previous Pinkerlocke, I wanted to let you know that I found a couple theme songs for Larimar. I thought I'd share them with you because I thought you might appreciate them. They are listed in his bio, so you can see them in his profile here.

@Petall
I only just got caught up with Children of the Deep and learned that you'd started a new Pinkerlocke! Could I get on the pinglist please?

And boy do I know about plans thwarted by dragon death (*cough*Octave*cough*)
@Petall
I only just got caught up with Children of the Deep and learned that you'd started a new Pinkerlocke! Could I get on the pinglist please?

And boy do I know about plans thwarted by dragon death (*cough*Octave*cough*)
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

For sure! I'll add you right away!

Oh yes, poor Octave. I still really miss him.
@Leopardmask

For sure! I'll add you right away!

Oh yes, poor Octave. I still really miss him.
[center][b][u]Day 7[/u][/b] [item=Rich Nickel Ore] Sentence: Writing @CleverDual @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing @Ezmara @Shanuuk @FlightofStars @Skyeset @Kizzan @Leopardmask [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/4#post_25065269]Previous[/url] _______________________________________________________________________________________[/center] "Just keep moving forwards, you're doing great." Viper's voice was filled with unusual kindness as he ushered Vaille up the tunnel. After months of treatment, she was finally able to leave the cavern. Proxima and Chronos trailed close behind her. In her feverish delerium, she had thought she had sensed the arrival of two young dragons, but she couldn't be sure. Turns out, her senses were correct, although Proxima and Chronos had grown quite a bit since their initial arrival at the cavern. Vaille had been pleased to meet them once she finally returned to consciousness. As it turned out, Vaille's gembond had been more dangerous that she expected, though Viper had restored her to health and had assured her that as long as she took daily doses of a medication he had created, the gembond would not continue to spread. The sun almost blinded her once she stepped out of the tunnel, though she relished the warmth that bathed her body. She instantly spread her wings, eager to feel the sunlight across them and let the wind pick her up and let her rejoin the skies she loved so much. "Woah! Woah! Woah! Not so fast!" Viper hissed, slapping her wings to her sides again. "You aren't ready for flight yet. With careful treatment and excersizes, maybe you'll get there, but unless you want to tumble around in the sky..." Vaille bit back a sharp retort. She knew Viper had her best interests in mind, and he would do nothing but protect her, but sometimes she found him so [i]annoying[/i]! He was always telling her what she could and could not do, and all she wanted to do was return home to her family at the inn. Sure, she had company here, and Chronos and Proxima were wonderful and quirky and she had to admit she had warmed up to the idea of them sharing her cavern, but at the same time, they weren't family. Not like her parents were family to her. "Now, let's take a walk around the clearing." Vine directed, voice softer again. "Just around the perimeter. If you do that at least once per day, you should get your strength back up and you'll be able to join Proxima and Chronos on their hunting trips. I know it's frustrating, but you'll get there." "I don't need your pity!" She spat at her serthis guardian. "I'm not pitying you, believe me." A warning flashed in Viper's eyes as he hissed. "Now, are you going to cooperate, or are we going to have to go back to the cavern now?" Vaille sniffed, wanting to push back against the serthis' condescending treatment of her, but after shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she replied through gritted teeth. "Let's keep moving." [center]____________________________________________________________________________________[/center] So, Vaille is back with us! It's exciting to get to write her more! On the other hand, I'm really hoping pinkerton will give me something interesting soon. I'm getting a little tired of all these writing pulls and I really want to get a new derg at some point. [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/5#post_25114658]Next[/url][/center]
Day 7
Rich Nickel Ore
Sentence: Writing
@CleverDual @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing @Ezmara @Shanuuk @FlightofStars @Skyeset @Kizzan @Leopardmask

Previous

"Just keep moving forwards, you're doing great." Viper's voice was filled with unusual kindness as he ushered Vaille up the tunnel. After months of treatment, she was finally able to leave the cavern.

Proxima and Chronos trailed close behind her. In her feverish delerium, she had thought she had sensed the arrival of two young dragons, but she couldn't be sure. Turns out, her senses were correct, although Proxima and Chronos had grown quite a bit since their initial arrival at the cavern. Vaille had been pleased to meet them once she finally returned to consciousness.

As it turned out, Vaille's gembond had been more dangerous that she expected, though Viper had restored her to health and had assured her that as long as she took daily doses of a medication he had created, the gembond would not continue to spread.

The sun almost blinded her once she stepped out of the tunnel, though she relished the warmth that bathed her body. She instantly spread her wings, eager to feel the sunlight across them and let the wind pick her up and let her rejoin the skies she loved so much.

"Woah! Woah! Woah! Not so fast!" Viper hissed, slapping her wings to her sides again. "You aren't ready for flight yet. With careful treatment and excersizes, maybe you'll get there, but unless you want to tumble around in the sky..."

Vaille bit back a sharp retort. She knew Viper had her best interests in mind, and he would do nothing but protect her, but sometimes she found him so annoying! He was always telling her what she could and could not do, and all she wanted to do was return home to her family at the inn. Sure, she had company here, and Chronos and Proxima were wonderful and quirky and she had to admit she had warmed up to the idea of them sharing her cavern, but at the same time, they weren't family. Not like her parents were family to her.

"Now, let's take a walk around the clearing." Vine directed, voice softer again. "Just around the perimeter. If you do that at least once per day, you should get your strength back up and you'll be able to join Proxima and Chronos on their hunting trips. I know it's frustrating, but you'll get there."

"I don't need your pity!" She spat at her serthis guardian.

"I'm not pitying you, believe me." A warning flashed in Viper's eyes as he hissed. "Now, are you going to cooperate, or are we going to have to go back to the cavern now?"

Vaille sniffed, wanting to push back against the serthis' condescending treatment of her, but after shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she replied through gritted teeth. "Let's keep moving."
____________________________________________________________________________________

So, Vaille is back with us! It's exciting to get to write her more!

On the other hand, I'm really hoping pinkerton will give me something interesting soon. I'm getting a little tired of all these writing pulls and I really want to get a new derg at some point.

@Petall Vaille is all right! :D I'm glad she's on her way to recovery. I wonder if she'll still be thinking Proxima and Chronos aren't family after a while. :3c I'm enjoying reading all this writing, but here's hoping you get something a little more entertaining for yourself! ^v^
@Petall Vaille is all right! :D I'm glad she's on her way to recovery. I wonder if she'll still be thinking Proxima and Chronos aren't family after a while. :3c I'm enjoying reading all this writing, but here's hoping you get something a little more entertaining for yourself! ^v^
9a7022265cce6e6517f86509db3f1669ab24b257.png Left: Sales thread. Right: Egg a day challenge. 9a7022265cce6e6517f86509db3f1669ab24b257.png
@Petall Wanna trade? :P I keep getting new-dragon pulls and no space for them.
@Petall Wanna trade? :P I keep getting new-dragon pulls and no space for them.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Kizzan

Thanks for your kind words! I'm excited to have Vaille be more active in the story!

@Leopardmask

I'd love to do a trade, but, funny story, I got a familiar pull today! But I'd love to do a trade another day! I have lots of lair space! How exactly would a trade work?
@Kizzan

Thanks for your kind words! I'm excited to have Vaille be more active in the story!

@Leopardmask

I'd love to do a trade, but, funny story, I got a familiar pull today! But I'd love to do a trade another day! I have lots of lair space! How exactly would a trade work?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31