Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Metroid's Daily Writing Prompts!
1 2 3 4 5 6
Welcome to my daily writing prompt thread! These prompts will be focused on FR lore, but you're more than welcome to use these prompts for other things if you so choose.

Please feel free to post your responses to your replies here, full stories and short replies alike are welcome!

Today's Prompt!
---
Older Prompts!

---
Pinglist

@fricklefrack, @pasteriials, @mymozya, @springssong, @Hydria, @Deathwolf555, @agateflame, @ashnick, @annadandelion
Welcome to my daily writing prompt thread! These prompts will be focused on FR lore, but you're more than welcome to use these prompts for other things if you so choose.

Please feel free to post your responses to your replies here, full stories and short replies alike are welcome!

Today's Prompt!
---
Older Prompts!

---
Pinglist

@fricklefrack, @pasteriials, @mymozya, @springssong, @Hydria, @Deathwolf555, @agateflame, @ashnick, @annadandelion
Today's Prompt:

One of your dragons is granted audience with one of the Gods! Which god is it, and how did it go? Does the dragon like that god?
Today's Prompt:

One of your dragons is granted audience with one of the Gods! Which god is it, and how did it go? Does the dragon like that god?
Older Prompts:

1/10/17- "What would happen if your clan was forced to move out of their Flight’s domain? Are they happy about the move? Where do they travel to?"

---

1/9/17 -"Three of your dragons find a strange object while on their travels, it gives off vibes of powerful energy, but something about it seems...off. What do your dragons do with it? Is there a fight over it? Do they use it?"

---

1/8/17 - "Choose a dragon, and talk about it’s relation with it’s familiar. Are they friends? Is the familiar a pet? Maybe it’s an extension or reflection of your dragon."

---

1/7/17- "One of your dragons has been charged with taking care of all the clans hatchlings! How do they react? Do the hatchlings like them? Do they like the hatchlings?"
---

1/6/17- "Unexpected bad weather keeps your clan trapped inside for a few days! Are they well prepared? How well do they handle being stuck together?"

---

1/5/17 -"Much to your clans surprise, there's a doppelganger of one of your dragons now residing in the clan! How does the "doubled" dragon react? How does the rest of the clan?"

---

1/4/17- "Two of your dragons have swapped bodies overnight! How do they react? How do others react to this (assuming they know)? Do the swapped dragons try to act like each other?"

---

1/3/17 - "One of your dragons suddenly obtains godlike powers! How does your dragon react? What are the powers? What do they do with their powers? How do others react?"

---

1/2/17 - "Choose a dragon. How would they react to a loved one's death?"
Older Prompts:

1/10/17- "What would happen if your clan was forced to move out of their Flight’s domain? Are they happy about the move? Where do they travel to?"

---

1/9/17 -"Three of your dragons find a strange object while on their travels, it gives off vibes of powerful energy, but something about it seems...off. What do your dragons do with it? Is there a fight over it? Do they use it?"

---

1/8/17 - "Choose a dragon, and talk about it’s relation with it’s familiar. Are they friends? Is the familiar a pet? Maybe it’s an extension or reflection of your dragon."

---

1/7/17- "One of your dragons has been charged with taking care of all the clans hatchlings! How do they react? Do the hatchlings like them? Do they like the hatchlings?"
---

1/6/17- "Unexpected bad weather keeps your clan trapped inside for a few days! Are they well prepared? How well do they handle being stuck together?"

---

1/5/17 -"Much to your clans surprise, there's a doppelganger of one of your dragons now residing in the clan! How does the "doubled" dragon react? How does the rest of the clan?"

---

1/4/17- "Two of your dragons have swapped bodies overnight! How do they react? How do others react to this (assuming they know)? Do the swapped dragons try to act like each other?"

---

1/3/17 - "One of your dragons suddenly obtains godlike powers! How does your dragon react? What are the powers? What do they do with their powers? How do others react?"

---

1/2/17 - "Choose a dragon. How would they react to a loved one's death?"
reserved just in case!
reserved just in case!
[center]@metroid [i]rubs me lil fly hands in anticipation[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29136825] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/291369/29136825_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The only person Orcus would miss is his twin brother [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=198442&did=29136826]Mantus.[/url] They were born from the same egg, which is a rare occurrence and unfortunately viewed as a Bad Omen. They were subsequently abandoned by their clan. The twins had to learn to fend for themselves at a very young age. Orcus has always been the frailer one, relying on his brother to protect and take care of him when he's sick. They were eventually taken in by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=198442&tab=dragon&did=27252685]Nadeah,[/url] who dotes on them and makes use of their necromancer powers (usually to further her own agenda.) If something were to actually happen to Mantus, well......there's always necromancy...... However, the twins would not bat an eye if something were to happen to Nadeah. They love her in their own twisted way, but in the end the only thing that matters is their twin. No one else can be relied on. Everyone else is expendable.
@metroid
rubs me lil fly hands in anticipation

29136825_350.png

The only person Orcus would miss is his twin brother Mantus. They were born from the same egg, which is a rare occurrence and unfortunately viewed as a Bad Omen. They were subsequently abandoned by their clan. The twins had to learn to fend for themselves at a very young age. Orcus has always been the frailer one, relying on his brother to protect and take care of him when he's sick. They were eventually taken in by Nadeah, who dotes on them and makes use of their necromancer powers (usually to further her own agenda.)
If something were to actually happen to Mantus, well......there's always necromancy......

However, the twins would not bat an eye if something were to happen to Nadeah. They love her in their own twisted way, but in the end the only thing that matters is their twin. No one else can be relied on. Everyone else is expendable.
[center] [i] For the 1/2/17 prompt: "Choose a dragon. How would they react to a loved one's death?" [/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20999021] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/209991/20999021_350.png[/img] [/url] Today I'll be talking about Dua, an amnesiac. --- The knight was sprawled out on the forest floor. He almost looked to be asleep, but his numerous wounds told of a different story. He died as he lived - saving his small clan from an attack. Even though the knight took all of the blows, Dua felt like she was stabbed right through her heart. He was always so kind to Dua, and it pained her that she didn't remember him at all. And now, she'd never get the chance to make up for lost time. For the first time since the stoic bogsneak could remember, she fell to her knees and wept. Why was she so emotional over his death? She hardly knew him! But still Dua was the last to leave the fallen knights side.
For the 1/2/17 prompt: "Choose a dragon. How would they react to a loved one's death?"

20999021_350.png

Today I'll be talking about Dua, an amnesiac.

---

The knight was sprawled out on the forest floor. He almost looked to be asleep, but his numerous wounds told of a different story. He died as he lived - saving his small clan from an attack. Even though the knight took all of the blows, Dua felt like she was stabbed right through her heart. He was always so kind to Dua, and it pained her that she didn't remember him at all. And now, she'd never get the chance to make up for lost time. For the first time since the stoic bogsneak could remember, she fell to her knees and wept. Why was she so emotional over his death? She hardly knew him! But still Dua was the last to leave the fallen knights side.
@fricklefrack, @pasteriials, @mymozya

Today's prompt is up!

Today's prompt is up!
[center] [i]For the 1/3/17 prompt - "One of your dragons suddenly obtains godlike powers! How does your dragon react? What are the powers? What do they do with their powers? How do others react?"[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21759012] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/217591/21759012_350.png[/img] [/url] For today's prompt I'll be talking about the alchemist, Corvo. Like yesterday, this is also non-canon to my lore. --- So he may have rendered the city to rubble, and most of it's citizens were now dead, but Corvo didn't care. No, as long as his experiment was successful, nothing else mattered. The pursuit of knowledge was what drew him into this frenzy, and he'd stop at nothing to learn all of the secrets that made up the world. But if he knew how everything worked, what could possibly stop him from shaping the world to his whim? What was stopping him from [i]becoming[/i] a god himself? The alchemist's maniacal laughter rang throughout the air, for soon his experiments would be complete.
For the 1/3/17 prompt - "One of your dragons suddenly obtains godlike powers! How does your dragon react? What are the powers? What do they do with their powers? How do others react?"

21759012_350.png

For today's prompt I'll be talking about the alchemist, Corvo. Like yesterday, this is also non-canon to my lore.

---

So he may have rendered the city to rubble, and most of it's citizens were now dead, but Corvo didn't care. No, as long as his experiment was successful, nothing else mattered. The pursuit of knowledge was what drew him into this frenzy, and he'd stop at nothing to learn all of the secrets that made up the world. But if he knew how everything worked, what could possibly stop him from shaping the world to his whim? What was stopping him from becoming a god himself? The alchemist's maniacal laughter rang throughout the air, for soon his experiments would be complete.
[center][b]One of your dragons suddenly obtains godlike powers! How does your dragon react? What are the powers? What do they do with their powers? How do others react?[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24244945] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/242450/24244945_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Nobody believed him at first. They just figured it was ol' Amethyst being his weird self. "Yeah ok Ame," they said. "You're a 'god' now. And I'm the Shadowbinder's personal assistant!" They all just laughed him off. Even Gemstar, his own mate, wasn't convinced. "Are you sure you didn't drink that potion I made? It's unstable and I'm not sure what it's effects are. You look a bit peaky." Well, she was right about that. Amethyst could hear everything. He [i]knew[/i] everything. Any thought that raced through his mind unfolded with a thousand possible solutions and avenues. The world of alchemy opened up to him like never before. He saw every experiment and outcome and truth! But it felt [i]wrong.[/i] True, Amethyst strived to explore and expand the field of alchemy. But not like this. He didn't want everything handed to him. Half the thrill of his profession came from trying and failing! What was the point if he already knew what would happen? The mystery of the unknown gave him the drive to move forward! [i]I'm not after fame and fortune,[/i] he scribbled. [i]Since attaining my All-Seeing Eye, I could hold the alchemical world hostage. I could create a monopoly that only I can control. I can make sure the things I know only come into hands that I trust.[/i] He paused, scratching his chin with his quill. [i]I may technically be a god, but I do not feel it is my place to dictate who learns what. My mortal side still holds out, knowing this is all wrong. I only wish, for the time being, to rest. My brain aches with the weight it now holds. Despite all my power, no answer comes to me about how to reverse this. I have decided to consult with the Windsinger in hopes he will guide me.[/i] The scratching of the quill halted for a moment, then slowly resumed. [i]I will also send prayers to the Shadowbinder. She is not my patron deity, but I live within her realm. And frankly, I need all the help I can get.[/i] Amethyst awoke the next morning to complete silence. No longer did his mind scream through with a thousand thoughts. He almost felt like crying from relief. As he returned to his desk, he noticed a new book lying there. Inscribed on the cover in glowing runes was the mark of the Shadowbinder. Curious, he gingerly opened it. All the pages were blank, save for one scribble: an alchemic formula, the likes of which he had never seen. The bogsneak's face broke into a grin. He sat down and began to work.
One of your dragons suddenly obtains godlike powers! How does your dragon react? What are the powers? What do they do with their powers? How do others react?

24244945_350.png

Nobody believed him at first. They just figured it was ol' Amethyst being his weird self. "Yeah ok Ame," they said. "You're a 'god' now. And I'm the Shadowbinder's personal assistant!" They all just laughed him off. Even Gemstar, his own mate, wasn't convinced.
"Are you sure you didn't drink that potion I made? It's unstable and I'm not sure what it's effects are. You look a bit peaky."
Well, she was right about that. Amethyst could hear everything. He knew everything. Any thought that raced through his mind unfolded with a thousand possible solutions and avenues. The world of alchemy opened up to him like never before. He saw every experiment and outcome and truth!
But it felt wrong.
True, Amethyst strived to explore and expand the field of alchemy. But not like this. He didn't want everything handed to him. Half the thrill of his profession came from trying and failing! What was the point if he already knew what would happen? The mystery of the unknown gave him the drive to move forward!

I'm not after fame and fortune, he scribbled. Since attaining my All-Seeing Eye, I could hold the alchemical world hostage. I could create a monopoly that only I can control. I can make sure the things I know only come into hands that I trust. He paused, scratching his chin with his quill. I may technically be a god, but I do not feel it is my place to dictate who learns what. My mortal side still holds out, knowing this is all wrong. I only wish, for the time being, to rest. My brain aches with the weight it now holds. Despite all my power, no answer comes to me about how to reverse this. I have decided to consult with the Windsinger in hopes he will guide me. The scratching of the quill halted for a moment, then slowly resumed. I will also send prayers to the Shadowbinder. She is not my patron deity, but I live within her realm. And frankly, I need all the help I can get.

Amethyst awoke the next morning to complete silence. No longer did his mind scream through with a thousand thoughts. He almost felt like crying from relief. As he returned to his desk, he noticed a new book lying there. Inscribed on the cover in glowing runes was the mark of the Shadowbinder. Curious, he gingerly opened it. All the pages were blank, save for one scribble: an alchemic formula, the likes of which he had never seen. The bogsneak's face broke into a grin.

He sat down and began to work.

Today's prompt is up!

Today's prompt is up!
1 2 3 4 5 6