Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [deleted]
sorry, this is a deleted lore thread, kept alive only because of the story bit
sorry, this is a deleted lore thread, kept alive only because of the story bit
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
A story for one of the traveling dragons. Will decide what to do with it later. ----- ------ [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/07655acabf5f30100a4bbe954460a1eb/tumblr_o1zrsv44JN1ufdm5xo3_400.png[/img] [size=7][font=Century Gothic][b][i][color=#2a1b3c]M[/color][color=#352647]e[/color][color=#3f3052]e[/color][color=#4a3b5d]t[/color][color=#554568]i[/color][color=#605073]n[/color][color=#6a5b7e]g[/color] [color=#807094]o[/color][color=#8a7a9f]f[/color] [color=#89799e]t[/color][color=#7d6d92]w[/color][color=#716285]o[/color] [color=#5a4a6d]m[/color][color=#4e3e61]o[/color][color=#423354]o[/color][color=#362748]n[/color][color=#2a1b3c]s[/color][/i][/b][/font][/size] [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/07655acabf5f30100a4bbe954460a1eb/tumblr_o1zrsv44JN1ufdm5xo3_400.png[/img][/center] - She stood in the middle of the woods. She was lost. Without the sky there was no one who could tell here where to go. The trees blocked out every single ray of sun creating dim shadows as far as the eye could see. - The female imperial wandered further in to the forest. What choice did she had? The further she went the darker it got, until... the forest plants themselves started to illuminate the surroundings. Fascinated by this sight she went further, wanting to know if the forest would get brighter, maybe it was the sight of it's end. Yet, to no avail. After a while it once again got darker. - A small surge of panic flew through her. What if she never gets out, what if no one finds her? Not wanting to scare herself she quickly dismissed it. - It was getting darker than before. Not that it wasn't dark before, just that as the time passed on more blacker and blacker the forest got, until it seemed as the void had invaded the forest and ones eyes. She gave up. It was too dark to do anything. Bump! And tripping over tree roots wasn't helping. While laying down on the leaf-filled ground she fell asleep. - Unbeknownst to her she woke up. It was still pitch black. No difference between open and closed eyes. Although... Just moments ago. Was that light? A small firefly? She looked all around hoping to see it once again. Maybe some was there. - A soft rustling of leaves could be heard in the distance. The soft sound was getting closer, closer, closer. The imperials heartbeat was getting faster. She didn't dare to move, it was too dark for anyone to notice her, right? - The sound stopped and a quiet breath could be heard. [i]"uh... H-hello?"[/i] it said with a confused surprise. [i]"Are- are you... lost?"[/i] She didn't respond. The voice seemed welcoming, of a female. Then why she didn't dare to make a single sound? The voice clearly had found her but what could be it's intentions? [i]"I'm . . . yes, I'm lost."[/i] She finally muttered carefully. [i]"...then... you.. Do you wish to, uhh... Maybe you could... Maybe I could invite you to our lair?"[/i] the soft voice spoke slowly searching for words. [i]"...yeah..."[/i] - As they walked an awkward silence filled the air. Non of them dared to speak and silently begged for the other one to start a conversation. Then finally imperial had an idea. She hadn't told her name, non of them had. [i]"...what is your name? Mine is Lan Yueliang."[/i] [i]"L-lan y-yu-yel-yuel ... ?"[/i] her guide struggled. [i]"Y u e l i a n g"[/i] she repeated slowly. [i]"c-can I call you Lan?"[/i] Imperial nodded, later realising it was too dark to notice it she added [i]"I don't mind..."[/i] - Soon they came to what seemed like wall made of thorns. [i]"Well. We're here."[/i] the guide said with a smile. [i]"Oh! I forgot! I'm so sorry! So sorry! It's Mangata."[/i] Lan stared at her for a while. [i]"what is ... mangata"[/i] [i]"I-it's my name. So sorry I forgot to tell you."[/i] - Upon entering the bramble wall Mangata guided her through it. Small openings only a trained eye could see. And she moved so fast through them, like they weren't even there. Lan barely kept her in sight. Then, after many turns and some scratches they were finally inside the lair. - It was brighter than the outside forest, though still dim for any dragon who has seen daylight. In this dim light Lan could fully see her guide. Some svales were shimmering and full of soft light, she guessed that's how Mangata illuminates her path. Her dark blue wings fluttered slightly revealing a pair of sylvan wings underneath them. - When the firs awe was past, Lan looked around. Soon another breathtaking sight took place. The lair was more like a house. Not too wide yet comfortable, though it wasn't what took her breath away. It was it's height. Walls, that seemed stretching till the very top of the forest. - [i]"And this is my room"[/i] Mangata flew to the very top and showed Lan an opening in the wall [i]"next to me, there, is an open room. If you want you can sleep there."[/i] Lan nodded and flew inside. [i]"a-and... uh... if you wake up before me... I-I.... I mean, you can wake me up. That is! If you wake up before me, please, wake me up too."[/i] Mangata stuttered. She seemed nervous again. Lan wanted to calm her down but had no idea why. She simply smiled and nodded once again. ----- - Imperial opened her eyes. Many days had passed since she firs met Mangata. Since then they had become more open towards each other. Many dragons noticed that with imperial Mangata stuttered less and with pearlcatcher Lan talked more, though with others she spoke in such a way that her intentions weren't clear. Lan always spoke in a way that closely resembled riddles. Some could understand what she told but many could not. - The two dragons were walking along the lairs outside wall. It was Mangatas job to be a guard and watch over the outside, Lan just offered her company. As it got darker the pearlcatchers scales started to glow more intensely illuminating the surroundings. [i]"Can I know why do you glow in such a way?"[/i] suddenly asked Lan [i]"I have been wondering about it since the first encounter."[/i] [i]"...my ...m-mom. Mother. She created me out of moonlight. A-at least that's what others are saying. I don't really know but I guess that's the reason."[/i] last words barely could slip out of her mouth. [i]"Have you not tried asking her?"[/i] Mangata stopped. It had stung her more than she would like to admit. Her eyes closed, tears started to fall, she was crying. [i]"s-she... I... I don't... gone, she's gone... I-I think. ... I DON'T KNOW! I didn't even do anything. I d-don't remember!"[/i] Mangata fell onto the fallen leaves, crying. [i]"I don't know"[/i] she murmured. - Lan slowly walked up to her and sat near the teary pearcatcher placing her wing around Mangata. They both sat there for a while. The cries were the only thing that broke the silence occasionally. When the tears stopped Mangata felt like she owed an explanation to her new friend. [i]"s-sorry. It... It happens every time. . . . I knew her. But then she... s-she"[/i] swallowing her tears she continued [i]"she left. S-she didn't told me anything. She even. She even t-took all memories of her. I don't have anything. Whenever I try to remember her... I don't see her face, I don't hear her voice, I don't know how she looks. It's like an empty void where she once was."[/i] Lan sat quietly hugging her tighter with her wing. [i]"t-th-thank you"[/i] she murmured once again. - [i]"s-so! How about we continue? After all I'm still not done with m-my job for t-today."[/i] Mangata tried to cover her sadness by placing a smile on her face. She hoped to distract her mind and forget once again. [i]"If you so desire. Though I'm still not convinced you feel at your best."[/i] [i]"d-don't worry. As a child of moonlight I'm ent-titled to- Hey, wait a minute! Your name. What did it meant?"[/i] it was perhaps painfully obvious that she tried to forget this incident and Lan understood. She played along. If her friend wanted to forget she would help. [i]"I, as you, am a child of moon, though not light but of tides."[/i] [i]"I-it meant 'blue moon', right?"[/i] [i]"Indeed"[/i] - [i]"D-do you miss the moon?"[/i] it seemed as though the question wasn't aimed at anyone, not even to herself. Mangata looked at Lan [i]"w-well? D-do yo-you?"[/i] she started to stutter. Was she nervous again? [i]"Some times I really do."[/i] Lan replied rather slowly. Mangata took a deep breath, grabbed her hand and flew upwards [i]"T-then come. I-I'll show you something!"[/i] Lan felt as though it still wasn't aimed at her. It felt like she was saying this to calm herself down. - They flew up nearing the tree tops. Branches closed in on them trying to stop them from flying any further but to no avail. Mangata didn't care. She just wanted to show something that made her happy to Lan. - She was now dragging the imperial behind her, flying so fast she crashed through the branches. Still keeping the momentum she let go of Lan and flew even higher until stopping several meters above the forest. She took in the crisp night air. - Lowering herself back to the imperial, who was now sitting in a tree, Mangata looked at her with a bright smile. [i]"W-well? Wh-what do you t-think?"[/i] Lan couldn't answer. The bright moon, diamond stars, fresh air... It was all too beautiful, and Mangata could see it Lans expression, she decided not to disturb her. - They sat there quietly and watched as the moon slowly rolled over the sky. Non of them dared to break the silence. - Morning, early morning. The sun hasn't risen yet. Lan shuffled a bit waking the pearlcatcher [i]"The morning welcomes you."[/i] Mangata looked at her. She noticed how the imperial gazed in the distance, like remembering something pleasantly melancholic. - Back at the lair Lan was unusually quiet. Mangata tried to start a conversation yet every time it died as quickly as it had started. Imperial was longing for something, she didn't know what, but she was well aware that it was out of reach. For now. Days passed, they spoke less and less. And then one day Lan made her decision. With a heavy heart she had to move on. She was longing to see the moon, the stars. To see the world once again. - [i]"o-oh..."[/i] It was all Mangata could say when Lan told her plans. It was heartbreaking for her. She was enjoying her company, she though of her as the best friend she's ever had. And now she was leaving. Yet another one was leaving her alone. Why though, she thought but she didn't say anything. Mangata tried to stop tears from flowing but the more she tried to hide them the more painful they got. Until finally a begging [i]"why"[/i] broke out. [i]"On the day you turned to night sky, the sky turned to me. I wasn't able to ignore it's song. And I remember what I so long for. "[/i] the imperial said rather uncomfortably. She didn't want to see her friend cry but staying here forever couldn't satisfy her enough. She had to go, the urge to go forward. It was overwhelming. - [i]"I truly have to apologize..."[/i] [i]"No. Please don't. D-don't apologize."[/i] pearlcatcher interrupted her trying to hide her tears. The smile she put on was forced and unnatural. Soon she turned around and flew to her room. - Lan departed while Mangata was still sleeping, accompanied by the clans messenger. It was too painful for her to say farewell. Yet she had to go on. Taking a deep breath she gave the messenger one last goodbye that was addressed to her friend. And then, she was gone. - Mangata received the letter though at first she didn't had the courage to read it nor open it. And when she finally did... - She hasn't told anyone why Lan left, she tries to forget it. ----- ----- [columns][center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28305150] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/283052/28305150.png[/img][/url] Lan Yuealiang [/center][nextcol][center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28605867] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/286059/28605867.png[/img][/url] Mangata [/center][/columns]
A story for one of the traveling dragons. Will decide what to do with it later.

tumblr_o1zrsv44JN1ufdm5xo3_400.png
Meeting of two moons
tumblr_o1zrsv44JN1ufdm5xo3_400.png

- She stood in the middle of the woods. She was lost. Without the sky there was no one who could tell here where to go. The trees blocked out every single ray of sun creating dim shadows as far as the eye could see.
- The female imperial wandered further in to the forest. What choice did she had? The further she went the darker it got, until... the forest plants themselves started to illuminate the surroundings. Fascinated by this sight she went further, wanting to know if the forest would get brighter, maybe it was the sight of it's end. Yet, to no avail. After a while it once again got darker.
- A small surge of panic flew through her. What if she never gets out, what if no one finds her? Not wanting to scare herself she quickly dismissed it.

- It was getting darker than before. Not that it wasn't dark before, just that as the time passed on more blacker and blacker the forest got, until it seemed as the void had invaded the forest and ones eyes. She gave up. It was too dark to do anything. Bump! And tripping over tree roots wasn't helping. While laying down on the leaf-filled ground she fell asleep.

- Unbeknownst to her she woke up. It was still pitch black. No difference between open and closed eyes. Although... Just moments ago. Was that light? A small firefly? She looked all around hoping to see it once again. Maybe some was there.
- A soft rustling of leaves could be heard in the distance. The soft sound was getting closer, closer, closer. The imperials heartbeat was getting faster. She didn't dare to move, it was too dark for anyone to notice her, right?
- The sound stopped and a quiet breath could be heard. "uh... H-hello?" it said with a confused surprise. "Are- are you... lost?" She didn't respond. The voice seemed welcoming, of a female. Then why she didn't dare to make a single sound? The voice clearly had found her but what could be it's intentions? "I'm . . . yes, I'm lost." She finally muttered carefully. "...then... you.. Do you wish to, uhh... Maybe you could... Maybe I could invite you to our lair?" the soft voice spoke slowly searching for words. "...yeah..."

- As they walked an awkward silence filled the air. Non of them dared to speak and silently begged for the other one to start a conversation. Then finally imperial had an idea. She hadn't told her name, non of them had. "...what is your name? Mine is Lan Yueliang." "L-lan y-yu-yel-yuel ... ?" her guide struggled. "Y u e l i a n g" she repeated slowly. "c-can I call you Lan?" Imperial nodded, later realising it was too dark to notice it she added "I don't mind..."
- Soon they came to what seemed like wall made of thorns. "Well. We're here." the guide said with a smile. "Oh! I forgot! I'm so sorry! So sorry! It's Mangata." Lan stared at her for a while. "what is ... mangata" "I-it's my name. So sorry I forgot to tell you."

- Upon entering the bramble wall Mangata guided her through it. Small openings only a trained eye could see. And she moved so fast through them, like they weren't even there. Lan barely kept her in sight. Then, after many turns and some scratches they were finally inside the lair.
- It was brighter than the outside forest, though still dim for any dragon who has seen daylight. In this dim light Lan could fully see her guide. Some svales were shimmering and full of soft light, she guessed that's how Mangata illuminates her path. Her dark blue wings fluttered slightly revealing a pair of sylvan wings underneath them.
- When the firs awe was past, Lan looked around. Soon another breathtaking sight took place. The lair was more like a house. Not too wide yet comfortable, though it wasn't what took her breath away. It was it's height. Walls, that seemed stretching till the very top of the forest.

- "And this is my room" Mangata flew to the very top and showed Lan an opening in the wall "next to me, there, is an open room. If you want you can sleep there." Lan nodded and flew inside. "a-and... uh... if you wake up before me... I-I.... I mean, you can wake me up. That is! If you wake up before me, please, wake me up too." Mangata stuttered. She seemed nervous again. Lan wanted to calm her down but had no idea why. She simply smiled and nodded once again.

- Imperial opened her eyes. Many days had passed since she firs met Mangata. Since then they had become more open towards each other. Many dragons noticed that with imperial Mangata stuttered less and with pearlcatcher Lan talked more, though with others she spoke in such a way that her intentions weren't clear. Lan always spoke in a way that closely resembled riddles. Some could understand what she told but many could not.

- The two dragons were walking along the lairs outside wall. It was Mangatas job to be a guard and watch over the outside, Lan just offered her company. As it got darker the pearlcatchers scales started to glow more intensely illuminating the surroundings. "Can I know why do you glow in such a way?" suddenly asked Lan "I have been wondering about it since the first encounter." "...my ...m-mom. Mother. She created me out of moonlight. A-at least that's what others are saying. I don't really know but I guess that's the reason." last words barely could slip out of her mouth. "Have you not tried asking her?" Mangata stopped. It had stung her more than she would like to admit. Her eyes closed, tears started to fall, she was crying. "s-she... I... I don't... gone, she's gone... I-I think. ... I DON'T KNOW! I didn't even do anything. I d-don't remember!" Mangata fell onto the fallen leaves, crying. "I don't know" she murmured.
- Lan slowly walked up to her and sat near the teary pearcatcher placing her wing around Mangata. They both sat there for a while. The cries were the only thing that broke the silence occasionally. When the tears stopped Mangata felt like she owed an explanation to her new friend. "s-sorry. It... It happens every time. . . . I knew her. But then she... s-she" swallowing her tears she continued "she left. S-she didn't told me anything. She even. She even t-took all memories of her. I don't have anything. Whenever I try to remember her... I don't see her face, I don't hear her voice, I don't know how she looks. It's like an empty void where she once was." Lan sat quietly hugging her tighter with her wing. "t-th-thank you" she murmured once again.
- "s-so! How about we continue? After all I'm still not done with m-my job for t-today." Mangata tried to cover her sadness by placing a smile on her face. She hoped to distract her mind and forget once again. "If you so desire. Though I'm still not convinced you feel at your best." "d-don't worry. As a child of moonlight I'm ent-titled to- Hey, wait a minute! Your name. What did it meant?" it was perhaps painfully obvious that she tried to forget this incident and Lan understood. She played along. If her friend wanted to forget she would help. "I, as you, am a child of moon, though not light but of tides." "I-it meant 'blue moon', right?" "Indeed"

- "D-do you miss the moon?" it seemed as though the question wasn't aimed at anyone, not even to herself. Mangata looked at Lan "w-well? D-do yo-you?" she started to stutter. Was she nervous again? "Some times I really do." Lan replied rather slowly. Mangata took a deep breath, grabbed her hand and flew upwards "T-then come. I-I'll show you something!" Lan felt as though it still wasn't aimed at her. It felt like she was saying this to calm herself down.
- They flew up nearing the tree tops. Branches closed in on them trying to stop them from flying any further but to no avail. Mangata didn't care. She just wanted to show something that made her happy to Lan.
- She was now dragging the imperial behind her, flying so fast she crashed through the branches. Still keeping the momentum she let go of Lan and flew even higher until stopping several meters above the forest. She took in the crisp night air.

- Lowering herself back to the imperial, who was now sitting in a tree, Mangata looked at her with a bright smile. "W-well? Wh-what do you t-think?" Lan couldn't answer. The bright moon, diamond stars, fresh air... It was all too beautiful, and Mangata could see it Lans expression, she decided not to disturb her.
- They sat there quietly and watched as the moon slowly rolled over the sky. Non of them dared to break the silence.

- Morning, early morning. The sun hasn't risen yet. Lan shuffled a bit waking the pearlcatcher "The morning welcomes you." Mangata looked at her. She noticed how the imperial gazed in the distance, like remembering something pleasantly melancholic.

- Back at the lair Lan was unusually quiet. Mangata tried to start a conversation yet every time it died as quickly as it had started. Imperial was longing for something, she didn't know what, but she was well aware that it was out of reach. For now. Days passed, they spoke less and less. And then one day Lan made her decision. With a heavy heart she had to move on. She was longing to see the moon, the stars. To see the world once again.

- "o-oh..." It was all Mangata could say when Lan told her plans. It was heartbreaking for her. She was enjoying her company, she though of her as the best friend she's ever had. And now she was leaving. Yet another one was leaving her alone. Why though, she thought but she didn't say anything. Mangata tried to stop tears from flowing but the more she tried to hide them the more painful they got. Until finally a begging "why" broke out. "On the day you turned to night sky, the sky turned to me. I wasn't able to ignore it's song. And I remember what I so long for. " the imperial said rather uncomfortably. She didn't want to see her friend cry but staying here forever couldn't satisfy her enough. She had to go, the urge to go forward. It was overwhelming.
- "I truly have to apologize..." "No. Please don't. D-don't apologize." pearlcatcher interrupted her trying to hide her tears. The smile she put on was forced and unnatural. Soon she turned around and flew to her room.

- Lan departed while Mangata was still sleeping, accompanied by the clans messenger. It was too painful for her to say farewell. Yet she had to go on. Taking a deep breath she gave the messenger one last goodbye that was addressed to her friend. And then, she was gone.

- Mangata received the letter though at first she didn't had the courage to read it nor open it. And when she finally did...

- She hasn't told anyone why Lan left, she tries to forget it.

28305150.png

Lan Yuealiang

28605867.png

Mangata
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png