Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dust and Bones - A Pinkerlocke -
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Dust and Bones

NOTE: THIS PINKERLOCKE HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

The Shattered Plain is a harsh place to live. But sometimes, little dragons can slip through the cracks.

Rules -

This is a Pinkerton-based Nuzlocke, and the original rules can be found here

However, there will be some changes to better fit my personal playstyle.

Basic rules:
  • A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
  • All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
  • There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
  • Ping or message me if you take the challenge ;p (you don't actually /have/ to but I'd love to see how it goes!)
  • And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Choose from one of these two rules:

Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

OR

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above.

(I'll be using an in-between mode, where I can pick any dragons I want, but have to fight at either the venue the strongest is leveled to or one venue lower)

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate.

Familiars (Changed): Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Bogsneak
2. Coatl
3. Fae
4. Guardian
5. Imperial
6. Mirror
7. Nocturne
8. Pearlcatcher
9. Ridgeback
10. Skydancer
11. Snapper
12. Spiral
13. Tundra
14. Wildclaw

(The order was changed to make it easier for me to find things in the auction house)

Apparel (Changed): Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. I will not be breeding dragons unless there is a reason in-story for it, or two dragons are in a relationship that would have them want to have hatchlings. Instead, I'll take a group of dragons egg-hunting for at least ten battles and hatch an egg if I find one. I'll also do some writing, so there isn't just a day where nothing happens.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.

You can change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Battle items:

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.

Pinglist-

Petall, Deathwolf555, Aravis, CleverDual, Starongie

Feel free to ask to be added or removed from the pinglist at any time, or if you just want to be pinged for certain things.

Other Pinkerlockes I've Done -

If you're interested in other pinkerlockes I've completed, both of these are finished
Dust and Bones

NOTE: THIS PINKERLOCKE HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

The Shattered Plain is a harsh place to live. But sometimes, little dragons can slip through the cracks.

Rules -

This is a Pinkerton-based Nuzlocke, and the original rules can be found here

However, there will be some changes to better fit my personal playstyle.

Basic rules:
  • A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
  • All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
  • There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
  • Ping or message me if you take the challenge ;p (you don't actually /have/ to but I'd love to see how it goes!)
  • And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Choose from one of these two rules:

Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

OR

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above.

(I'll be using an in-between mode, where I can pick any dragons I want, but have to fight at either the venue the strongest is leveled to or one venue lower)

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate.

Familiars (Changed): Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Bogsneak
2. Coatl
3. Fae
4. Guardian
5. Imperial
6. Mirror
7. Nocturne
8. Pearlcatcher
9. Ridgeback
10. Skydancer
11. Snapper
12. Spiral
13. Tundra
14. Wildclaw

(The order was changed to make it easier for me to find things in the auction house)

Apparel (Changed): Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. I will not be breeding dragons unless there is a reason in-story for it, or two dragons are in a relationship that would have them want to have hatchlings. Instead, I'll take a group of dragons egg-hunting for at least ten battles and hatch an egg if I find one. I'll also do some writing, so there isn't just a day where nothing happens.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.

You can change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Battle items:

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.

Pinglist-

Petall, Deathwolf555, Aravis, CleverDual, Starongie

Feel free to ask to be added or removed from the pinglist at any time, or if you just want to be pinged for certain things.

Other Pinkerlockes I've Done -

If you're interested in other pinkerlockes I've completed, both of these are finished
kUUhGXb.pngACY5hfY.png2hQyM5Y.png
[center][b]Cast List[/b][/center] Lume- [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=13&bodygene=1&breed=11&element=7&gender=1&tert=137&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=17&auth=c3dd94eec41507ea6531e7b805110e7a038fa61d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Ooze- [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=3&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=132&tertgene=6&winggene=0&wings=86&auth=442ec4bf1f3b07e3fa061a156d5a77f7c12bf541&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Hampert- [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=14&breed=14&element=9&gender=0&tert=127&tertgene=5&winggene=12&wings=166&auth=71d7b2244a479f8db31cc9527f6a471e56546ae5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Pearl- [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=85&bodygene=3&breed=3&element=9&gender=1&tert=4&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=f5a5b1e7db4c8b8212b626c9c7c566167a91f967&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Dusty- [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=2&breed=10&element=3&gender=1&tert=110&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=110&auth=6e959c0089ad22d2caaa183ec17adca56a3faf05&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Edmund- [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=15&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=8&gender=0&tert=19&tertgene=9&winggene=11&wings=19&auth=73fb6ae81dc18a0a0e5d428d4d2a1b6e732a53fc&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Chano- [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=119&bodygene=10&breed=5&element=6&gender=1&tert=23&tertgene=9&winggene=13&wings=10&auth=4de8cb388ce65955cc067804b3745127d1648821&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Thana- [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=25&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=11&gender=1&tert=106&tertgene=5&winggene=10&wings=163&auth=d98949bfa67b1b122f2679d4cc665923d1cfcb36&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Cast List

Lume-

dragon?age=1&body=13&bodygene=1&breed=11&element=7&gender=1&tert=137&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=17&auth=c3dd94eec41507ea6531e7b805110e7a038fa61d&dummyext=prev.png

Ooze-

dragon?age=1&body=3&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=132&tertgene=6&winggene=0&wings=86&auth=442ec4bf1f3b07e3fa061a156d5a77f7c12bf541&dummyext=prev.png

Hampert-

dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=14&breed=14&element=9&gender=0&tert=127&tertgene=5&winggene=12&wings=166&auth=71d7b2244a479f8db31cc9527f6a471e56546ae5&dummyext=prev.png

Pearl-

dragon?age=1&body=85&bodygene=3&breed=3&element=9&gender=1&tert=4&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=f5a5b1e7db4c8b8212b626c9c7c566167a91f967&dummyext=prev.png

Dusty-

dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=2&breed=10&element=3&gender=1&tert=110&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=110&auth=6e959c0089ad22d2caaa183ec17adca56a3faf05&dummyext=prev.png

Edmund-

dragon?age=1&body=15&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=8&gender=0&tert=19&tertgene=9&winggene=11&wings=19&auth=73fb6ae81dc18a0a0e5d428d4d2a1b6e732a53fc&dummyext=prev.png

Chano-

dragon?age=1&body=119&bodygene=10&breed=5&element=6&gender=1&tert=23&tertgene=9&winggene=13&wings=10&auth=4de8cb388ce65955cc067804b3745127d1648821&dummyext=prev.png

Thana-

dragon?age=1&body=25&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=11&gender=1&tert=106&tertgene=5&winggene=10&wings=163&auth=d98949bfa67b1b122f2679d4cc665923d1cfcb36&dummyext=prev.png
Post Directory

Post Directory

[center][b]Prologue[/b][/center] [center][u]Blinded[/u][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=13&bodygene=1&breed=11&element=7&gender=1&tert=137&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=17&auth=5bdc7240e49c0240b52606e6d3b3059f2ff0a01f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Bright. Why does it have to be so bright? Lume stumbled across the barren, cracked landscape, wings trying desperately to shade her eyes. The Tangled Wood had never been this bring, even at midday. The terrible, bright light beat on her, driving her forward. She had to find shelter soon. Somewhere dark and cool, where nothing would bother her until the moon came up. When she had left home, she hadn't expected to be blown off course this far. All Lume wanted was to get away from there, not become stranded all the way in Dragonhome. No one listened to her at home, so she had run away. "I just need someone who will listen to me," she had told herself. "Once I find someone like that, I can go back home." But now she was here, with no idea how to get back, even if she wanted to. Stranded on the Shattered Plain, blinded by the bright light she had never experienced before, hoping that night would bring her some relief. [center][u]Parasite[/u] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=3&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=132&tertgene=6&winggene=0&wings=86&auth=87e85fc42b56d9641c971123de6f92e6375dcb9e&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Ooze trudged onward, the red markings which had replaced his scales shifting with each thud of his feet on the earth. The parasite that took hold of him when he was a child whispered to him, bidding him to return to his clan, to safety. But Ooze knew he couldn't do that. He had left to protect them, and that's what he was going to do. Each step hurt a little more as the parasite's effects manifested. It had made him stronger, sure, but Ooze already knew that it also made it easier for things to hurt him. It was the reason he had to leave, and the reason he had made it this far at all. He wouldn't let it infect anyone else, even if that meant dying himself. So he kept moving. [center][u]Fun and Games[/u] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=96&bodygene=14&breed=14&element=9&gender=0&tert=127&tertgene=5&winggene=12&wings=166&auth=f9cd481c9bc7d647768a20485a15499c9c0f59d7&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] A little Bogsneak bounced happily from one interesting rock to another, caring little about the harsh environment he found himself in. He knew it would all work out. Things usually did for him. Of course, he was a little bit lonely, but he knew that would just make it even better when he did find someone. Hampert clawed at a little plant that had managed to grow through one of the cracks in the ground, entertaining himself for a little while before something else caught his attention. A bug skittered in front of him, and he pounced on it, trapping it between his claws until it managed to find its way out. Yeah, he knew everything would be okay, so why bother worrying about it?
Prologue

Blinded
dragon?age=0&body=13&bodygene=1&breed=11&element=7&gender=1&tert=137&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=17&auth=5bdc7240e49c0240b52606e6d3b3059f2ff0a01f&dummyext=prev.png

Bright. Why does it have to be so bright? Lume stumbled across the barren, cracked landscape, wings trying desperately to shade her eyes. The Tangled Wood had never been this bring, even at midday. The terrible, bright light beat on her, driving her forward. She had to find shelter soon. Somewhere dark and cool, where nothing would bother her until the moon came up.

When she had left home, she hadn't expected to be blown off course this far. All Lume wanted was to get away from there, not become stranded all the way in Dragonhome. No one listened to her at home, so she had run away. "I just need someone who will listen to me," she had told herself. "Once I find someone like that, I can go back home."

But now she was here, with no idea how to get back, even if she wanted to. Stranded on the Shattered Plain, blinded by the bright light she had never experienced before, hoping that night would bring her some relief.

Parasite
dragon?age=0&body=3&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=132&tertgene=6&winggene=0&wings=86&auth=87e85fc42b56d9641c971123de6f92e6375dcb9e&dummyext=prev.png

Ooze trudged onward, the red markings which had replaced his scales shifting with each thud of his feet on the earth. The parasite that took hold of him when he was a child whispered to him, bidding him to return to his clan, to safety. But Ooze knew he couldn't do that. He had left to protect them, and that's what he was going to do.

Each step hurt a little more as the parasite's effects manifested. It had made him stronger, sure, but Ooze already knew that it also made it easier for things to hurt him. It was the reason he had to leave, and the reason he had made it this far at all. He wouldn't let it infect anyone else, even if that meant dying himself. So he kept moving.

Fun and Games
dragon?age=0&body=96&bodygene=14&breed=14&element=9&gender=0&tert=127&tertgene=5&winggene=12&wings=166&auth=f9cd481c9bc7d647768a20485a15499c9c0f59d7&dummyext=prev.png

A little Bogsneak bounced happily from one interesting rock to another, caring little about the harsh environment he found himself in. He knew it would all work out. Things usually did for him. Of course, he was a little bit lonely, but he knew that would just make it even better when he did find someone.

Hampert clawed at a little plant that had managed to grow through one of the cracks in the ground, entertaining himself for a little while before something else caught his attention. A bug skittered in front of him, and he pounced on it, trapping it between his claws until it managed to find its way out.

Yeah, he knew everything would be okay, so why bother worrying about it?
@Petall

Hey, just wanted to double check if you're still interested in being on the pinglist for this? Even if you're not, thank you for getting me to stop procrastinating about making a new one, since I have a lot of fun doing them ^u^
@Petall

Hey, just wanted to double check if you're still interested in being on the pinglist for this? Even if you're not, thank you for getting me to stop procrastinating about making a new one, since I have a lot of fun doing them ^u^
@Kyrinasha

I'd love to be on the ping list! This looks amazing!!! I love all three of those precious characters, and I love what you've done with Ooze's crackle! I'm also happy you have a bogsneak in your Pinkerlocke ad well!
@Kyrinasha

I'd love to be on the ping list! This looks amazing!!! I love all three of those precious characters, and I love what you've done with Ooze's crackle! I'm also happy you have a bogsneak in your Pinkerlocke ad well!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Kyrinasha

This seems interesting so far! Could I be on a pinglist?
@Kyrinasha

This seems interesting so far! Could I be on a pinglist?
Hello
@Petall

I'm glad you like it! Day 1 should be up tomorrow, unless I get something you can't do with hatchlings (and even then I might just do writing instead :P )

@Deathwolf555

Of course! Added you, and I hope you enjoy ^^
@Petall

I'm glad you like it! Day 1 should be up tomorrow, unless I get something you can't do with hatchlings (and even then I might just do writing instead :P )

@Deathwolf555

Of course! Added you, and I hope you enjoy ^^
[center][b][u]Day 1: Meeting[/u][/b] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Carnaval Tulip] Sentence: [s]10-20 Battles in the Coliseum[/s] Writing Pinglist: @Petall, @Deathwolf555[/center] The sun had just set, and a little Nocturne squirmed out of the hole she had been hiding in. Lume blinked a few times, her vision beginning to return as darkness crept over the Shattered Plain. She would have to keep moving soon. The hole she had slept through the day in wouldn't be good long-term, and she still needed to find a source of water. As she started off again, Lume spotted something on the horizon. Whatever it was, it was bigger than her, and she wasn't in any position to fight right now. Tensing her wings to fly, it spotted her. Instead of taking off, she froze as it wandered toward her. Lume knew that if it was Beastclan, she was done for. ...But it wasn't. As the shape got closer, she realized that it was another dragon. A Guardian. Maybe they could help her? With her mood boosted, and the moon at her back, Lume went over to greet the other dragon.
Day 1: Meeting
Pinkerton Pull: Carnaval Tulip
Sentence: 10-20 Battles in the Coliseum Writing
Pinglist: @Petall, @Deathwolf555

The sun had just set, and a little Nocturne squirmed out of the hole she had been hiding in. Lume blinked a few times, her vision beginning to return as darkness crept over the Shattered Plain. She would have to keep moving soon. The hole she had slept through the day in wouldn't be good long-term, and she still needed to find a source of water.

As she started off again, Lume spotted something on the horizon. Whatever it was, it was bigger than her, and she wasn't in any position to fight right now. Tensing her wings to fly, it spotted her. Instead of taking off, she froze as it wandered toward her. Lume knew that if it was Beastclan, she was done for.

...But it wasn't. As the shape got closer, she realized that it was another dragon. A Guardian. Maybe they could help her?

With her mood boosted, and the moon at her back, Lume went over to greet the other dragon.
[center][b][u]Day 2: Pause[/u][/b] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Berserker] Sentence: Death Streak Roll Pinglist: @Petall, @Deathwolf555[/center] Since Ooze and Lume are going to be grown up tomorrow, I'm going to postpone this one until they can actually do it. I'm also planning on tying it into the story, so expect a longer block of writing along with whatever tomorrow's pull ends up being.
Day 2: Pause
Pinkerton Pull: Berserker
Sentence: Death Streak Roll
Pinglist: @Petall, @Deathwolf555

Since Ooze and Lume are going to be grown up tomorrow, I'm going to postpone this one until they can actually do it. I'm also planning on tying it into the story, so expect a longer block of writing along with whatever tomorrow's pull ends up being.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7