Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Clan Verglas - A NaNo Lore Challenge
1 2
[center][size=7][font=century gothic]Einar the Unwanted[/font][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12073273] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/120733/12073273_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [size=2]No one wanted him. Ever since he was but a hatchling, he was always... The [i]oddest[/i] of them all, the strange little misfit. The other dragons said he was cursed, said that nobody would ever love a monstrosity like him. And so he was ostracized, bullied, and spat upon before he finally ran away from home. Because nobody wanted him. Or so he thought, until he finally came across a lair that had opened their arms to him. There, he met a beautiful Ridgeback with whom he fell in love. She treated him well, and soon they had laid a nest of three... He was happy, having finally found a loving family, a clan with whom he could stay for the rest of his days. But soon they, too, began to voice their dislike of his presence. Even the Ridgeback he thought loved him back. They would push him around, claw at him. Tell him he was no longer wanted, and so he looked back with hurt eyes at his once-mate and their children. She said nothing, and only turned her head--pretended he wasn't even there. When he realized that none of what he thought was true, he fled. He took to the skies and didn't take one look back. With tears in his eyes he flew and flew. He flew until he could fly no more, his wings [i]beyond[/i] exhausted. He didn't know how long it has been since he's eaten, his entire body was screaming at him, and he plummeted to the earth. Soft flakes of snow gathered upon his still body, and his chest rose and fell gently to his hollow breathing. At this point he no longer cared to put forth any effort. If he wasn't mistaken, he had somehow landed into the Southern Icefields... Perhaps close by where the bodies of frozen dragons would soon become emotionless sentinels. He wouldn't mind it... Perhaps he'd prefer it. He didn't need these feelings... He didn't need anything any more. As he was about to close his eyes he felt something tickling his whiskers, and looked up. It was a small pocket mouse, and it was glowing quite brightly. Opening his mouth, the large imperial wondered if it would be alright to eat the tiny thing, even if it wouldn't fill him up much, but he stopped when he heard a voice. Before him stood a relatively small Imperial with a Fox Rat sitting on her head. She gave the snow-covered dragon a smile. "You make quite the beautiful snow-angel..." she said in a gentle voice. Einar had no idea if he, in turn, was looking [i]at[/i] an angel, so he stood up, against his body's demands to stay down, and approached the small imperial. Was he dreaming? The imperial simply laughed at the baffled dragon, and nuzzled his face as she said, "You look famished... Clan Verglas is nearby... I'm sure they wouldn't mind having you around." It wasn't long before the two of them arrived at the large cave-system, belonging to the clan known as the Clan Verglas, led by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=6901838]Calemvir[/url] the High Alpha. Despite the fear of being ostracized, every dragon in the clan welcomed him with open wings. He learned the imperial who had saved him from a frozen slumber was named [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13346023]Philomena[/url], and the pocket mouse was named Yuna. Yuna had become very attached to the odd-colored imperial, and Philomena spent most of her days with him. She would make idle conversation, mostly speaking while he mostly listened. At first Einar was confused at why this beautiful imperial would spend so much time with him, but soon his heart would begin to flutter when she came around, and instead of simply not wanting to speak, he couldn't find his words. Einar was weary, though. He shouldn't get attached to someone, not anymore. He admitted one day that he wasn't sure if he should remain here, but after a giggle and a smile in reply, Philomena admitted to have fallen in love with him. -- Einar is a very self-conscious dragon, and has a relatively low self-esteem. He hardly ever speaks and when he does it's in a very quiet voice. Despite his large and menacing appearance, he's extremely gentle and a very huge push-over, but despite all the neglect in his past, he cannot bring himself to dislike anybody. He very much enjoys Philomena's presence and Yuna the Glowing Pocket Mouse enjoys running through his large mane to help him comb it out. Einar works alongside [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=11553821]Septentrio[/url] as a simple concierge of the Clan Verglas, often doing small tasks that most other dragons never really bother to do, such as tidying up the various dens, or even the food storage. He often welcomes visiting dragons and makes sure they feel comfortable.[/size] [center][size=2]--- [i]Einar[/i] - A name derived from Ein (one or alone) and Arr (meaning Warrior).[/center] [size=2]Things left to do? Really, only explain the breeding project he's a part of. I'll explain that in his mate's bio, once I get to it :>
Einar the Unwanted

12073273_350.png

No one wanted him.

Ever since he was but a hatchling, he was always... The oddest of them all, the strange little misfit. The other dragons said he was cursed, said that nobody would ever love a monstrosity like him. And so he was ostracized, bullied, and spat upon before he finally ran away from home.

Because nobody wanted him.

Or so he thought, until he finally came across a lair that had opened their arms to him. There, he met a beautiful Ridgeback with whom he fell in love. She treated him well, and soon they had laid a nest of three... He was happy, having finally found a loving family, a clan with whom he could stay for the rest of his days.

But soon they, too, began to voice their dislike of his presence. Even the Ridgeback he thought loved him back.

They would push him around, claw at him. Tell him he was no longer wanted, and so he looked back with hurt eyes at his once-mate and their children. She said nothing, and only turned her head--pretended he wasn't even there. When he realized that none of what he thought was true, he fled.

He took to the skies and didn't take one look back. With tears in his eyes he flew and flew. He flew until he could fly no more, his wings beyond exhausted. He didn't know how long it has been since he's eaten, his entire body was screaming at him, and he plummeted to the earth.

Soft flakes of snow gathered upon his still body, and his chest rose and fell gently to his hollow breathing. At this point he no longer cared to put forth any effort. If he wasn't mistaken, he had somehow landed into the Southern Icefields... Perhaps close by where the bodies of frozen dragons would soon become emotionless sentinels. He wouldn't mind it... Perhaps he'd prefer it. He didn't need these feelings... He didn't need anything any more.

As he was about to close his eyes he felt something tickling his whiskers, and looked up. It was a small pocket mouse, and it was glowing quite brightly. Opening his mouth, the large imperial wondered if it would be alright to eat the tiny thing, even if it wouldn't fill him up much, but he stopped when he heard a voice.

Before him stood a relatively small Imperial with a Fox Rat sitting on her head. She gave the snow-covered dragon a smile.

"You make quite the beautiful snow-angel..." she said in a gentle voice. Einar had no idea if he, in turn, was looking at an angel, so he stood up, against his body's demands to stay down, and approached the small imperial. Was he dreaming?

The imperial simply laughed at the baffled dragon, and nuzzled his face as she said, "You look famished... Clan Verglas is nearby... I'm sure they wouldn't mind having you around."

It wasn't long before the two of them arrived at the large cave-system, belonging to the clan known as the Clan Verglas, led by Calemvir the High Alpha. Despite the fear of being ostracized, every dragon in the clan welcomed him with open wings. He learned the imperial who had saved him from a frozen slumber was named Philomena, and the pocket mouse was named Yuna. Yuna had become very attached to the odd-colored imperial, and Philomena spent most of her days with him. She would make idle conversation, mostly speaking while he mostly listened. At first Einar was confused at why this beautiful imperial would spend so much time with him, but soon his heart would begin to flutter when she came around, and instead of simply not wanting to speak, he couldn't find his words.

Einar was weary, though. He shouldn't get attached to someone, not anymore. He admitted one day that he wasn't sure if he should remain here, but after a giggle and a smile in reply, Philomena admitted to have fallen in love with him.

--

Einar is a very self-conscious dragon, and has a relatively low self-esteem. He hardly ever speaks and when he does it's in a very quiet voice. Despite his large and menacing appearance, he's extremely gentle and a very huge push-over, but despite all the neglect in his past, he cannot bring himself to dislike anybody.

He very much enjoys Philomena's presence and Yuna the Glowing Pocket Mouse enjoys running through his large mane to help him comb it out.

Einar works alongside Septentrio as a simple concierge of the Clan Verglas, often doing small tasks that most other dragons never really bother to do, such as tidying up the various dens, or even the food storage. He often welcomes visiting dragons and makes sure they feel comfortable.

---

Einar - A name derived from Ein (one or alone) and Arr (meaning Warrior).

Things left to do?
Really, only explain the breeding project he's a part of. I'll explain that in his mate's bio, once I get to it :>
AScq6qj.png
Animation + More!!! Art Sales
Wishlist || SnowyBlink Adopt Shop
Blep Bean Adopt Shop || Lore-Building Challenge!
Official Ice Subspecies Organizer!
It's AlyxSandre, not Alyxandre!
[center][size=7][font=century gothic]Calais the Ice Keeper[/font][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17218214] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/172183/17218214_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 1 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]The world is so big! There's this white stuff called [i]'snow'[/i] [i][b]everywhere[/b][/i], and the lair is HUGE! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=11553821]Mom[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=12467020]Dad[/url] say that it wasn't always this big, and that a lot of it is as big as it is thanks to some of the digger dragons!! They say that once I get older and bigger, I'll get to meet the others. I really can't wait! I also have a sister, and her name is [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=84523&did=17218215]Zetes[/url]! She's [i]super[/i] shiny! She's so pretty. Since we were born at the same time, we're 'twins,' but since we don't look the same, we're uh... 'Fraa-turn-El" or something like that. But whatever it is—she's still my sister and I love her [i]very[/i] much! Mom and Dad also let us go outside and play in the snow a lot, and outside there are these other, just-as-shiny dragons that guard outside!! The GIAAANT one with the pretty mane is named [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=84523&did=10372790]Chrysocolla[/url], and they say that he has been here for the longest time, with his mate, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=10191067]Morganite[/url]. He looks almost like my sister! Actually, there's this other (bigger!!!!) one named [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=84523&did=13794404]Galanthus[/url] who looks [i]just[/i] like her, but he has pink eyes. It seems like Mom and Dad talk to Galanthus a lot, and they always look back at Zetes while we play in the snow. I wonder why?[/size][/indent] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 10 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]Mom and Dad are pretty angry at me. Zetes and I joined the hunter dragons, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=6618270]Proteus[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=9714459]Dragkwlya[/url] on a hunt to help stock up some meat-stuff. It was super awesome, and I'm happy that they brought us along! But I wasn't looking at my footing very well when we were going back, and I accidentally slipped at the side of a cliff... Since my sister was the only one around to grab onto, I grabbed her leg and accidentally took her down with me. I'm so angry that I did that! We don't even know how to fly yet and I— I woke up when I heard my sister's voice, and she looked really scared. My eyes felt a little wet, and I hurt [i]all[/i] over. It wasn't a pretty feeling... I was cold and hot at the same time, and after Zetes started screaming for help and no help came, she laid down next to me and started licking my scratches. It kind of stung... I noticed something weird, though. I hurt all over, but yet my sister looked fine. It made me happy, though—I didn't want my pretty sister to get hurt because of me! I'd hate myself for[i]ever[/i] if she did!! It was a while until we both saw a huge shadow above us. It was the big green crystal-dragon named [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=10635698]Aiumatem[/url], and next to him was the bush-dragon, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=14607872]Cavellana[/url]. Since Mr. Aiumatem was too big, he kind of stood over us, but Cavellana came right to us to make sure we were alright. He grabbed me and said we were going back, but I wanted him to take Zetes first. ... He didn't. He said I was more hurt and we went back to the lair right away. I'm just happy my sister isn't hurt.[/indent] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 20 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]When I woke up, Zetes wasn't there. I kind of freaked out for a bit, but then Mom told me she had already woken up and went to go outside. So I [i]ruuushed[/i] right to her! Well, not rushed—I still hurt a little from the fall the other day. I found her just sitting by the entrance, staring. Just like the other dragons that looked just like her. They kind of just sit there all day, I think. It's kind of weird! I asked why she was up so early, and she just said she wasn't really tired. Weirdo. How can you not be tired?! Sleeping is awesome, Zetes! After I woke up a bit, I wanted to go play, but when I asked her if she wanted to, she just said she wanted to sit down for a bit and just watch the snow. I sat there and watched the snow for a bit, but got really bored after a few moments. I mean, snow is [i]pretty[/i], but it's not that interesting to [i]watch[/i]!! When I told her, she just shushed me and told me that if you listened carefully, you could hear everything. So I did. I heard nothing. I mean, I can [i]kind[/i] of hear the digger dragons when we are back in our room, but that's only because they worked in the cave and the cave is kind of echoey! But according to Zetes they're [i]very[/i] loud? I dunno. Maybe her hearing is just more sensitive than mine? I just wanted to go play!![/indent] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 30 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]Zetes has been very restless recently—at least at night. When we're not at the lair, she wants to go back really badly and just sit at the entrance with everybody else. She doesn't want to go play as much as we did before, but when we do, she's super alert and jumps and bites at anything that might be dangerous. She wasn't like this before, and it kind of worries me, so I asked Mom and Dad if they knew what was wrong with Zetes. They just looked at each other and said that it was okay... That she was going to be okay. But I don't believe them. Zetes is changing and I don't like that... Today I woke up when I heard Dad come back and found out that Zetes had gone back to the mouth of the lair. I asked Dad if it was okay if I went to go join her, and he only looked down at the floor for a moment. I don't know why he did that—but I'm kind of scared. When I went to go find her, she was just standing there, in the front of the lair, staring at the blank snow in front of us. I asked if she was okay and said she was... But I don't believe her. She wouldn't move, and she would just stare ahead... She wouldn't say anything. What's happening to Zetes? What's happening to my sister?[/indent] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 40 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]There is [i]definitely[/i] something different about Zetes. She doesn't talk as much as she used to, and she's always watching, always staring at the things in front of her, around her—[i]everywhere[/i]. She's always low to the ground, watching for [i]something[/i] I can't see, listening for something I can't hear. And when danger passes, she knows [i]minutes[/i] before it happens so we can hide and go somewhere safe. She's amazing, though—I don't think I'd ever be able to do that. Her sense of smell, hearing, sight—everything about her has become astounding... Zetes has changed, though... Zetes isn't the sister she used to be. I know some dragons grow up and become more mature, but it's almost as though she's losing who she used to be and just becoming a bodyguard. What's happening to Zetes? Does it have something to do with being an Ice Sculpture? I'm scared... I'm scared for my sister.[/indent] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 50 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]... Zetes hardly speaks anymore. When she does, it is in short answers—Yes, No, Indeed. I agree... Things like that. She never spends time with me anymore. When I invite her to go out and practice hunting, she just shakes her head and says she must protect the lair. She doesn't even [i]look[/i] at me anymore. She's starting to act more and more like the other Ice Sculptures and— Why is she acting like that? Why is my sister becoming so lifeless? Why doesn't she want to do anything anymore? Why does she only want to hang out in the front of the lair and watch—[i]why?![/i] She is my sister! She was born from two regular dragons! She wasn't born from an Ice Sculpture and another dragon!! So [i]why[/i]?! Why is my sister changing?! Why is this happening to her?! WHY DID MY SISTER HAVE TO BE BORN AN ICE SCULPTURE?! Why did this happen to her... ... Why...?[/indent] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 60 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]She won't say a word anymore... She won't look at me, and she won't smile, frown—she won't do anything. I finally asked Galanthus what happened to my sister, and he simply looked ahead to where his mate, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13871476]Nivalis[/url], another Ice Sculpture, was perched. He told me that sometimes, Ice Sculptures are born to two dragons—dragons with the body of Ice, blessed by the Icewarden himself. Unlike most Ice Sculptures, who are reanimated prisoners of the Fortress of Ends, these dragons start out like any other hatchling. But slowly, the "blessing" begins to take over their souls, and they become what every other Ice Sculpture is—a mindless guardian. He smiled sadly and told me about his children, about all the children he and Nivalis had had. They had all suffered the same fate as Zetes. I didn't know what to say, other than that I was furious of what she had become... Mom and Dad weren't sculptures... They were just regular dragons! And [i]that[/i] had to happen to Zetes... Why? How is this a [i]blessing[/i]? It sounds more like a curse... Why did you take my sister away from me...[/indent][size=2] -- Calais is a dragon haunted by the 'death' of his sister. Born from two normal dragons, he never thought anything like this could ever happen to him or his family. Today, his eagerness has been replaced by melancholy and sadness as he watches his motionless sister day after day. He rarely speaks to anybody aside from some small-talk with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17595353]Merceshoreine[/url] and Galanthus, fellow Ice Keepers. His expression is usually flat and emotionless, and is often seen standing by his sister, nuzzling her, as if hoping to get any sort of response from her. This haunted wildclaw works as an Ice Keeper, a dragon who works as a sort of median to help keep the Ice Sculptures under control whenever Calemvir is not around and if danger is present. This is to assure the safety of visiting dragons.[/size] [size=2]What's left to do? Finish writing his lore now that he's got his perfect mate, to help melt the frozen heart of Calais, and for her brother to do the same to Zetes.[/size]
Calais the Ice Keeper

17218214_350.png

_Day 1 ::_

The world is so big! There's this white stuff called 'snow' everywhere, and the lair is HUGE! Mom and Dad say that it wasn't always this big, and that a lot of it is as big as it is thanks to some of the digger dragons!! They say that once I get older and bigger, I'll get to meet the others. I really can't wait! I also have a sister, and her name is Zetes! She's super shiny! She's so pretty. Since we were born at the same time, we're 'twins,' but since we don't look the same, we're uh... 'Fraa-turn-El" or something like that. But whatever it is—she's still my sister and I love her very much!

Mom and Dad also let us go outside and play in the snow a lot, and outside there are these other, just-as-shiny dragons that guard outside!! The GIAAANT one with the pretty mane is named Chrysocolla, and they say that he has been here for the longest time, with his mate, Morganite. He looks almost like my sister! Actually, there's this other (bigger!!!!) one named Galanthus who looks just like her, but he has pink eyes. It seems like Mom and Dad talk to Galanthus a lot, and they always look back at Zetes while we play in the snow.

I wonder why?

_Day 10 ::_

Mom and Dad are pretty angry at me.

Zetes and I joined the hunter dragons, Proteus and Dragkwlya on a hunt to help stock up some meat-stuff. It was super awesome, and I'm happy that they brought us along! But I wasn't looking at my footing very well when we were going back, and I accidentally slipped at the side of a cliff... Since my sister was the only one around to grab onto, I grabbed her leg and accidentally took her down with me. I'm so angry that I did that! We don't even know how to fly yet and I—

I woke up when I heard my sister's voice, and she looked really scared. My eyes felt a little wet, and I hurt all over. It wasn't a pretty feeling... I was cold and hot at the same time, and after Zetes started screaming for help and no help came, she laid down next to me and started licking my scratches. It kind of stung...

I noticed something weird, though. I hurt all over, but yet my sister looked fine. It made me happy, though—I didn't want my pretty sister to get hurt because of me! I'd hate myself forever if she did!!

It was a while until we both saw a huge shadow above us. It was the big green crystal-dragon named Aiumatem, and next to him was the bush-dragon, Cavellana. Since Mr. Aiumatem was too big, he kind of stood over us, but Cavellana came right to us to make sure we were alright. He grabbed me and said we were going back, but I wanted him to take Zetes first.

... He didn't. He said I was more hurt and we went back to the lair right away.

I'm just happy my sister isn't hurt.

_Day 20 ::_

When I woke up, Zetes wasn't there. I kind of freaked out for a bit, but then Mom told me she had already woken up and went to go outside. So I ruuushed right to her! Well, not rushed—I still hurt a little from the fall the other day. I found her just sitting by the entrance, staring. Just like the other dragons that looked just like her. They kind of just sit there all day, I think. It's kind of weird!

I asked why she was up so early, and she just said she wasn't really tired. Weirdo. How can you not be tired?! Sleeping is awesome, Zetes!

After I woke up a bit, I wanted to go play, but when I asked her if she wanted to, she just said she wanted to sit down for a bit and just watch the snow. I sat there and watched the snow for a bit, but got really bored after a few moments. I mean, snow is pretty, but it's not that interesting to watch!! When I told her, she just shushed me and told me that if you listened carefully, you could hear everything. So I did.

I heard nothing.

I mean, I can kind of hear the digger dragons when we are back in our room, but that's only because they worked in the cave and the cave is kind of echoey! But according to Zetes they're very loud?

I dunno. Maybe her hearing is just more sensitive than mine?

I just wanted to go play!!

_Day 30 ::_

Zetes has been very restless recently—at least at night. When we're not at the lair, she wants to go back really badly and just sit at the entrance with everybody else. She doesn't want to go play as much as we did before, but when we do, she's super alert and jumps and bites at anything that might be dangerous.

She wasn't like this before, and it kind of worries me, so I asked Mom and Dad if they knew what was wrong with Zetes. They just looked at each other and said that it was okay... That she was going to be okay. But I don't believe them. Zetes is changing and I don't like that...

Today I woke up when I heard Dad come back and found out that Zetes had gone back to the mouth of the lair. I asked Dad if it was okay if I went to go join her, and he only looked down at the floor for a moment. I don't know why he did that—but I'm kind of scared.

When I went to go find her, she was just standing there, in the front of the lair, staring at the blank snow in front of us. I asked if she was okay and said she was... But I don't believe her. She wouldn't move, and she would just stare ahead... She wouldn't say anything.

What's happening to Zetes? What's happening to my sister?

_Day 40 ::_

There is definitely something different about Zetes. She doesn't talk as much as she used to, and she's always watching, always staring at the things in front of her, around her—everywhere. She's always low to the ground, watching for something I can't see, listening for something I can't hear. And when danger passes, she knows minutes before it happens so we can hide and go somewhere safe.

She's amazing, though—I don't think I'd ever be able to do that. Her sense of smell, hearing, sight—everything about her has become astounding... Zetes has changed, though...

Zetes isn't the sister she used to be. I know some dragons grow up and become more mature, but it's almost as though she's losing who she used to be and just becoming a bodyguard. What's happening to Zetes? Does it have something to do with being an Ice Sculpture? I'm scared...

I'm scared for my sister.

_Day 50 ::_

... Zetes hardly speaks anymore. When she does, it is in short answers—Yes, No, Indeed. I agree... Things like that. She never spends time with me anymore. When I invite her to go out and practice hunting, she just shakes her head and says she must protect the lair. She doesn't even look at me anymore. She's starting to act more and more like the other Ice Sculptures and—

Why is she acting like that? Why is my sister becoming so lifeless? Why doesn't she want to do anything anymore? Why does she only want to hang out in the front of the lair and watch—why?!

She is my sister! She was born from two regular dragons! She wasn't born from an Ice Sculpture and another dragon!! So why?! Why is my sister changing?! Why is this happening to her?!

WHY DID MY SISTER HAVE TO BE BORN AN ICE SCULPTURE?!

Why did this happen to her...

... Why...?

_Day 60 ::_

She won't say a word anymore... She won't look at me, and she won't smile, frown—she won't do anything. I finally asked Galanthus what happened to my sister, and he simply looked ahead to where his mate, Nivalis, another Ice Sculpture, was perched.

He told me that sometimes, Ice Sculptures are born to two dragons—dragons with the body of Ice, blessed by the Icewarden himself. Unlike most Ice Sculptures, who are reanimated prisoners of the Fortress of Ends, these dragons start out like any other hatchling. But slowly, the "blessing" begins to take over their souls, and they become what every other Ice Sculpture is—a mindless guardian.

He smiled sadly and told me about his children, about all the children he and Nivalis had had.

They had all suffered the same fate as Zetes.

I didn't know what to say, other than that I was furious of what she had become...

Mom and Dad weren't sculptures... They were just regular dragons! And that had to happen to Zetes...

Why?

How is this a blessing?

It sounds more like a curse...

Why did you take my sister away from me...

--

Calais is a dragon haunted by the 'death' of his sister. Born from two normal dragons, he never thought anything like this could ever happen to him or his family. Today, his eagerness has been replaced by melancholy and sadness as he watches his motionless sister day after day. He rarely speaks to anybody aside from some small-talk with Merceshoreine and Galanthus, fellow Ice Keepers. His expression is usually flat and emotionless, and is often seen standing by his sister, nuzzling her, as if hoping to get any sort of response from her.

This haunted wildclaw works as an Ice Keeper, a dragon who works as a sort of median to help keep the Ice Sculptures under control whenever Calemvir is not around and if danger is present. This is to assure the safety of visiting dragons.

What's left to do? Finish writing his lore now that he's got his perfect mate, to help melt the frozen heart of Calais, and for her brother to do the same to Zetes.
AScq6qj.png
[center][size=7][font=century gothic]Zetes the Fourth Sentry[/font][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17218215] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/172183/17218215_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 1 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]Everything is so...[i] White[/i]. When my Brother, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=17218214]Calais[/url] and I, hatched, the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=6901838]Big Leader[/url] came to visit us. She's so big!! She smiled at us, but when she looked at me with her big, pink eyes—I saw that I looked very different from my Brother. They say I am a... "Ice Sculpture," which is a special type of dragon who has been blessed by the Icewarden! There are lots of other "Ice Sculptures" here in our clan! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=84523&did=16300551]Verglas[/url] is a very pretty feather dragon, and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=11553821]Mom[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=12467020]Dad[/url] told me that [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=84523&did=10372790]Chrysocolla[/url] has been around for the longest time! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13871476]Nivalis[/url] is a very pretty dragon that looks like she's covered in smoke! They tell me that I'm going to be the "Forth Sentree"... But I'm not too sure what that means. Maybe it has to do with being an Ice Sculpture? When Calais and I are outside playing in the snow, Mom and Dad talk to another dragon named [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=84523&did=13794404]Galanthus[/url]. He looks just like me and the other Sculptures, but he has pink eyes, just like the Big Leader! He also talks more... Actually, I don't remember the other Sculptures saying anything... Maybe they're really shy!! Mom and Dad look kind of worried, though. I hope everything's okay.[/size][/indent] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 10 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]Today we went out to go help catch some meat. Miss [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=9714459]Dragkwlya[/url] and Mister [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=6618270]Proteus[/url] led the hunt and took us along. It was [i]so[/i] exciting to see the way they work! They go so fast—I wonder if my brother and I will ever be like that! As we were returning, back to the lair, my brother accidentally stepped too close to the cliff-side and fell right down, but before he did, he grabbed onto me and we both fell together. I don't know how long we fell for, but when I opened my eyes, it was pretty dark and I could barely see the sun above us. My brother wasn't moving very much, so I was kind of scared. He looked really hurt, and he was crying pretty hard. I cried and cried and tried to see if Mister Proteus or Miss Dragkwlya could hear us, but I didn't hear anything. I think we must have fallen pretty far. I didn't seem to hurt very much, so I licked my brother's wounds. It was starting to get dark before I noticed a [i]huge[/i] shadow cover us, and right in front of us landed the big green [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=10635698]crystal-dragon[/url], and his friend [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=14607872]bush-dragon[/url] arrived. The green crystal dragon—I think his name is Amumatem or something?—was [i]humongous[/i], and he stood above us, while the bush dragon, Caveyana I think they said, made sure we were alright. He took Calais since he was the most hurt and flew back to the lair, and Amumatem—Oh! It's Aiumatem and Cavellana!—stayed behind with me. He said something weird. "Your brother must have stopped your fall. You're not hurt at all!" When we got back to the lair and I looked at myself in the ice-glass, I saw that he was right. I wasn't hurt at [i]all[/i].[/indent] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 20 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]The sunrise is really pretty from all the way up here. The only ones who were up here when I woke up were the other sculptures. I wonder if they spend all their time up here? They seem to just [i]stare[/i] all day. I wonder if they're looking for something? Or are they just watchers? I'll have to ask Galanthus later. I didn't realize how early I had woken up until I saw my brother come up to me, rubbing his eyes and complaining. It's kind of weird—the sun was already really high in the sky. I guess he was still a little tired, though, since he was still getting better from the fall the other day. He wanted to go play, but I told him I just wanted to watch a little. It was snowing again, and it was kind of interesting just watching it fall. I told him that if he listened close enough and was quiet enough, he can hear tons of things. Calais was a bit weirded out, though. He said he could barely hear the digger dragons, who are actually pretty loud. Hmm... Maybe I just have better hearing? Anyways, he ended up just sitting down next to me as we stared. The snow is really pretty.[/indent] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 30 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]I couldn't get to sleep today. I've actually been having some trouble falling asleep recently... All I've wanted to do is go outside and watch the snow and listen to the things outside... Dad didn't go to sleep until late, so I asked if it was okay. He looked kind of worried, but he said it was okay and let me go to the cave entrance. When I got there, I saw that all the other sculptures were already there (or were they always outside?) The night at the Fortress of Ends is really pretty. Everything is so quiet and everything just sounds so loud... You can hear the wolves running around, the sound of a bird flying off a tree branch. The sound of the snow falling from the leaves, even the water running under a frozen layer of ice. It is interesting... What you can hear at night. Calais woke up and came up to me. He said he did not want to go to sleep if I did not, but in the end he fell asleep [i]next[/i] to me. He has gotten better from since the fall... I do not want him to get hurt anymore... I want to protect my brother.[/indent] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 40 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]There are so many dangers out in the wild that I have not noticed before. Predators lurking in the woods, waiting for any moment you are not looking or paying attention so they can attack. I must always be on guard, watch for anything that may prove to be a danger... And make sure it does not become one... I must always keep my eyes open, peeled. Always watch for any change, listen to any sound that is out of place... Be aware. Be on guard... And watch.[/indent] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 50 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]I must watch for danger... Be on guard. Be on watch. Be alert. Protecting Clan Verglas is my one and only duty. For the rest of eternity.[/indent] [size=2][u]_[b][i]Day 60 ::[/i][/b]_[/u] [indent][size=2]...[/indent] [size=2]-- Zetes is a frozen sentinel—the Fourth Sentry of the Clan Verglas. There is little to no warmth left in her eyes from when she was but a hatchling, and she stands beside the other Ice Sculptures and watches... Simply watches. She becomes a fierce fighter when the clan is under attack, but with the help of the three Ice Keepers, Calais, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=17595353]Merceshoreine[/url], and Galanthus, unnecessary violence is often averted. Sometimes, when her brother nuzzles her maw, it almost seems as though something flickers in her eyes, as though she's trying to remember something from her frozen past.[/size] [size=2]As with Calais, I've gotten a mate to melt her heart a little~ ;v;/ Zetes is also an Official Ice Sculpture (More Info [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sh1haJvQ40UTeZBExam08kxGv20VWtR7XohiS2i9SrA/edit?usp=drive_web]>> Here <<[/url]). This is an example of how born-Ice Sculptures change : >[/size]
Zetes the Fourth Sentry

17218215_350.png

_Day 1 ::_

Everything is so... White. When my Brother, Calais and I, hatched, the Big Leader came to visit us. She's so big!! She smiled at us, but when she looked at me with her big, pink eyes—I saw that I looked very different from my Brother. They say I am a... "Ice Sculpture," which is a special type of dragon who has been blessed by the Icewarden! There are lots of other "Ice Sculptures" here in our clan! Verglas is a very pretty feather dragon, and Mom and Dad told me that Chrysocolla has been around for the longest time! Nivalis is a very pretty dragon that looks like she's covered in smoke! They tell me that I'm going to be the "Forth Sentree"... But I'm not too sure what that means. Maybe it has to do with being an Ice Sculpture?

When Calais and I are outside playing in the snow, Mom and Dad talk to another dragon named Galanthus. He looks just like me and the other Sculptures, but he has pink eyes, just like the Big Leader! He also talks more... Actually, I don't remember the other Sculptures saying anything... Maybe they're really shy!!

Mom and Dad look kind of worried, though. I hope everything's okay.

_Day 10 ::_

Today we went out to go help catch some meat. Miss Dragkwlya and Mister Proteus led the hunt and took us along. It was so exciting to see the way they work! They go so fast—I wonder if my brother and I will ever be like that!

As we were returning, back to the lair, my brother accidentally stepped too close to the cliff-side and fell right down, but before he did, he grabbed onto me and we both fell together. I don't know how long we fell for, but when I opened my eyes, it was pretty dark and I could barely see the sun above us. My brother wasn't moving very much, so I was kind of scared. He looked really hurt, and he was crying pretty hard. I cried and cried and tried to see if Mister Proteus or Miss Dragkwlya could hear us, but I didn't hear anything. I think we must have fallen pretty far. I didn't seem to hurt very much, so I licked my brother's wounds.

It was starting to get dark before I noticed a huge shadow cover us, and right in front of us landed the big green crystal-dragon, and his friend bush-dragon arrived. The green crystal dragon—I think his name is Amumatem or something?—was humongous, and he stood above us, while the bush dragon, Caveyana I think they said, made sure we were alright. He took Calais since he was the most hurt and flew back to the lair, and Amumatem—Oh! It's Aiumatem and Cavellana!—stayed behind with me.

He said something weird.

"Your brother must have stopped your fall. You're not hurt at all!"

When we got back to the lair and I looked at myself in the ice-glass, I saw that he was right.

I wasn't hurt at all.

_Day 20 ::_

The sunrise is really pretty from all the way up here. The only ones who were up here when I woke up were the other sculptures. I wonder if they spend all their time up here? They seem to just stare all day. I wonder if they're looking for something? Or are they just watchers? I'll have to ask Galanthus later.

I didn't realize how early I had woken up until I saw my brother come up to me, rubbing his eyes and complaining. It's kind of weird—the sun was already really high in the sky. I guess he was still a little tired, though, since he was still getting better from the fall the other day.

He wanted to go play, but I told him I just wanted to watch a little. It was snowing again, and it was kind of interesting just watching it fall. I told him that if he listened close enough and was quiet enough, he can hear tons of things. Calais was a bit weirded out, though. He said he could barely hear the digger dragons, who are actually pretty loud.

Hmm... Maybe I just have better hearing? Anyways, he ended up just sitting down next to me as we stared.

The snow is really pretty.

_Day 30 ::_

I couldn't get to sleep today. I've actually been having some trouble falling asleep recently... All I've wanted to do is go outside and watch the snow and listen to the things outside... Dad didn't go to sleep until late, so I asked if it was okay. He looked kind of worried, but he said it was okay and let me go to the cave entrance. When I got there, I saw that all the other sculptures were already there (or were they always outside?)

The night at the Fortress of Ends is really pretty. Everything is so quiet and everything just sounds so loud... You can hear the wolves running around, the sound of a bird flying off a tree branch. The sound of the snow falling from the leaves, even the water running under a frozen layer of ice.

It is interesting... What you can hear at night. Calais woke up and came up to me. He said he did not want to go to sleep if I did not, but in the end he fell asleep next to me. He has gotten better from since the fall...

I do not want him to get hurt anymore...

I want to protect my brother.

_Day 40 ::_

There are so many dangers out in the wild that I have not noticed before. Predators lurking in the woods, waiting for any moment you are not looking or paying attention so they can attack. I must always be on guard, watch for anything that may prove to be a danger... And make sure it does not become one...

I must always keep my eyes open, peeled. Always watch for any change, listen to any sound that is out of place... Be aware. Be on guard...

And watch.

_Day 50 ::_

I must watch for danger... Be on guard. Be on watch. Be alert.

Protecting Clan Verglas is my one and only duty.

For the rest of eternity.

_Day 60 ::_

--

Zetes is a frozen sentinel—the Fourth Sentry of the Clan Verglas. There is little to no warmth left in her eyes from when she was but a hatchling, and she stands beside the other Ice Sculptures and watches... Simply watches. She becomes a fierce fighter when the clan is under attack, but with the help of the three Ice Keepers, Calais, Merceshoreine, and Galanthus, unnecessary violence is often averted. Sometimes, when her brother nuzzles her maw, it almost seems as though something flickers in her eyes, as though she's trying to remember something from her frozen past.

As with Calais, I've gotten a mate to melt her heart a little~ ;v;/ Zetes is also an Official Ice Sculpture (More Info >> Here <<). This is an example of how born-Ice Sculptures change : >
AScq6qj.png
[center][size=7][font=century gothic]Fortissimo the Fledgling Medic[/font][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17594443] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/175945/17594443_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [size=2]Fortissimo was the first-born in a nest of four to a pair very much in love. For a while, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15096811]Allegro[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15605473]Affettuoso[/url] had been trying for children, but their children had never lasted past childhood—dying early on. It was until this young imperial and his brother, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=46012&tab=dragon&did=17594444]Pianissimo[/url] were born, alongside their two sisters, that they had hoped that the Icewarden would finally grant them a longer life. Sadly, the two sisters passed away in little time, but Fortissimo and Pianissimo remained strong, as though blessed by the Icewarden himself. Fortissimo grew to be an energetic and happy dragon, whilst his brother, Pianissimo, was far more quiet, though one look into his eyes could tell you his true excitement. He noticed that Piani wasn't completely at home at the Fortress of Ends, and his hunch was only answered when his small Fae brother came to him to voice his discontent. Giving his brother a gentle smile, he told him, "If you want to explore, you should! Go find a pretty new lair, a happy family! I won't be angry if you leave, Piani..." the imperial child smiled wide at his brother, "I just want you to be happy!" It wasn't long before his brother suited up and stood at the entrance to the lair of Clan Verglas. "Write often!" Fortissimo shouted into the air as his brother took off into the skies. Turning around to look at his family once more, he simply shouted back, "I will!" After receiving his brother's first letter, he was ecstatic to hear that his brother was doing so well in a new clan, the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=46012]Clan of the Wandering Souls[/url]. He knew he would no longer have to worry, as his brother's happiness was what he wished for the most. With the letter came a gold bracelet, and a small bunch of feverfew flowers, and he quickly became curious as to the plant and what it could do after reading up on them. Playing with different combinations of plants to create homemade remedies and salves, he attracted the attention of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=13693720]Zianskya[/url], the clan's Shaman. "So you enjoy making new things, child?" he asked, catching the imperial's attention. "I can teach you all about the properties of the plants and which would work best for medicine, young one. If you so wish." It was difficult to turn down his offer. Soon after he began his apprenticeship with Zianskya, however, he began to notice his mother's restlessness. His father had noticed it, as well. It wasn't until she finally admitted to them one day that she could no longer remain in the Clan Verglas, as she felt she had other things calling for her, that they knew exactly why she was so restless. Or so they thought. Fortissimo, however, noticed something in her behavior and attitude that betrayed her words. He knew she was dying of an unknown cause, and that she did not wish to die in the presence of her loved ones. One night, he approached his mother and asked her why she hid the truth from them, and she simply turned to her son and landed gently on his nose, smiling at him. "I know you miss your brother... I simply didn't want you to worry any more than you should," she answered to him. "I have spoken to Calemvir, and I will move on to serve the Icewarden, my child... Please do not worry about me. Your father is staying strong, and I'm sure you can be strong, too." The next day, she left, leaving behind her iron necklace and silver vest, never to be heard from again. About two months later, his father disappeared, leaving a note and his belongings to his son, asking him to forgive him, and that he wanted him to know that he still loved him with all his heart... As much as it hurt the young imperial, he looked to the sky with a large smile. What confused him, though, was when a single drop of water rolled down his cheek. "How odd," he said to himself. "The sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky..."[/size] [center]---[/center] [size=2]Although distraught by the departure of his family, Fortissimo remains a quirky and happy dragon who always jumps at the opportunity to help any other, whether it be a small or large problem—especially when it comes to their health. Under the apprenticeship of Zianskya, Fortissimo has learned much about the ways of creating medicine, and strives his hardest to find a cure for even the littlest thing. Fortissimo works as the main—though still in apprenticeship—medic of Clan Verglas. Any wounded or sick dragons come to him immediately for help, and he greets them all with a smile and a lollipop.[/size] [size=2]Things to add? [i]Nothing[/i] O - O It's all done and edited now XD[/size]
Fortissimo the Fledgling Medic

17594443_350.png

Fortissimo was the first-born in a nest of four to a pair very much in love. For a while, Allegro and Affettuoso had been trying for children, but their children had never lasted past childhood—dying early on. It was until this young imperial and his brother, Pianissimo were born, alongside their two sisters, that they had hoped that the Icewarden would finally grant them a longer life.

Sadly, the two sisters passed away in little time, but Fortissimo and Pianissimo remained strong, as though blessed by the Icewarden himself.

Fortissimo grew to be an energetic and happy dragon, whilst his brother, Pianissimo, was far more quiet, though one look into his eyes could tell you his true excitement. He noticed that Piani wasn't completely at home at the Fortress of Ends, and his hunch was only answered when his small Fae brother came to him to voice his discontent.

Giving his brother a gentle smile, he told him, "If you want to explore, you should! Go find a pretty new lair, a happy family! I won't be angry if you leave, Piani..." the imperial child smiled wide at his brother, "I just want you to be happy!"

It wasn't long before his brother suited up and stood at the entrance to the lair of Clan Verglas.

"Write often!" Fortissimo shouted into the air as his brother took off into the skies.

Turning around to look at his family once more, he simply shouted back, "I will!"

After receiving his brother's first letter, he was ecstatic to hear that his brother was doing so well in a new clan, the Clan of the Wandering Souls. He knew he would no longer have to worry, as his brother's happiness was what he wished for the most.

With the letter came a gold bracelet, and a small bunch of feverfew flowers, and he quickly became curious as to the plant and what it could do after reading up on them. Playing with different combinations of plants to create homemade remedies and salves, he attracted the attention of Zianskya, the clan's Shaman.

"So you enjoy making new things, child?" he asked, catching the imperial's attention. "I can teach you all about the properties of the plants and which would work best for medicine, young one. If you so wish."

It was difficult to turn down his offer.

Soon after he began his apprenticeship with Zianskya, however, he began to notice his mother's restlessness. His father had noticed it, as well. It wasn't until she finally admitted to them one day that she could no longer remain in the Clan Verglas, as she felt she had other things calling for her, that they knew exactly why she was so restless. Or so they thought.

Fortissimo, however, noticed something in her behavior and attitude that betrayed her words. He knew she was dying of an unknown cause, and that she did not wish to die in the presence of her loved ones.

One night, he approached his mother and asked her why she hid the truth from them, and she simply turned to her son and landed gently on his nose, smiling at him.

"I know you miss your brother... I simply didn't want you to worry any more than you should," she answered to him. "I have spoken to Calemvir, and I will move on to serve the Icewarden, my child... Please do not worry about me. Your father is staying strong, and I'm sure you can be strong, too."

The next day, she left, leaving behind her iron necklace and silver vest, never to be heard from again.

About two months later, his father disappeared, leaving a note and his belongings to his son, asking him to forgive him, and that he wanted him to know that he still loved him with all his heart...

As much as it hurt the young imperial, he looked to the sky with a large smile. What confused him, though, was when a single drop of water rolled down his cheek.

"How odd," he said to himself. "The sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky..."

---

Although distraught by the departure of his family, Fortissimo remains a quirky and happy dragon who always jumps at the opportunity to help any other, whether it be a small or large problem—especially when it comes to their health. Under the apprenticeship of Zianskya, Fortissimo has learned much about the ways of creating medicine, and strives his hardest to find a cure for even the littlest thing.

Fortissimo works as the main—though still in apprenticeship—medic of Clan Verglas. Any wounded or sick dragons come to him immediately for help, and he greets them all with a smile and a lollipop.

Things to add? Nothing O - O It's all done and edited now XD
AScq6qj.png
[center][size=7][font=century gothic]Idunn the Orchard Keeper[/font][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1871681] [img]http://orig03.deviantart.net/03c1/f/2015/295/2/5/permabae_by_dragnia-d9e0owy.png[/img] [/url][/center] [size=2]Idunn wasn't [i]always[/i] as small as she was now. At least, that's what she [i]thinks[/i]. All she remembers was that she was born long ago in a land of fire. When she hatched from her egg, nobody was there to greet her. No parents, no family—nothing. She was absolutely alone. Or at least, that's what she thought, until she looked up. Above her hovered the giant, purple body of a creature—the creature she came to know as Baldur. This creature was a Lavaborne Hoax, wandering about with no real aim, until he came about a single egg—the egg that hatched Idunn. Together they wandered the lands, finding no real place to call home. During their travels, however, Baldur noticed that Idunn had never grown. She remained the size of a hatchling, never once seeming to grow any larger than she was now. Idunn herself, however, never once paid heed to such thing, and simply went about her business, searching for the thing her heart called for. They traveled through electric canyons and beautiful ruins, through lush forests and slept at the foot of the pillar of the world. They traversed the shining star-fields and plagued wastelands, stopped by the shadowy groves, the beautiful reefs, and the village of the sky, but still, Idunn and Baldur could not find themselves at home. So they crossed the waters and came upon what would be their final destination—the Southern Icefields. They began at the floes and came to the tundra, climbed up the crags, and stopped at the End. Here they met the dragon, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=13155666]Quillan,[/url] a beautiful Skydancer with achromatic scales and feathers. Idunn was in awe. Apparently, Quillan was traveling to a variety of locations at the Fields to gather materials and other flora for hus garden, and upon discovering the tiny nocturne and the hoax, Quillan became intrigued. The first thing that stood out to hume, of course, was the trembling body of the tiny dragon, kept warm only by the fire of the hoax. A smile spread across the skydancer's maw, and soon hu led the two to hus home—Clan Verglas. When they arrived, the young dragon was treated with much warmth and compassion, but there was one thing that stood out to her the most. A single apple given to her as a snack while the hunters returned from their daily hunt. She had never tasted an apple so delicious as this, and immediately asked where they had been grown. Quillan had responded simply that they were grown in that very lair. Idunn nor Baldur could believe the skydancer until hu led them down the immense cave system, and arrived at the cave's green houses. When they entered, the two were more in awe than they ever could be. Idunn almost immediately fell in love... In love with that beautiful underground orchard. A sigh caught the small dragon off guard, however, and noticed Quillan gently running a claw across the leaves of the trees at the orchard. Idunn tilted her head at the beautiful albino dragon, wondering what could possibly distress the dragon. "These trees do not receive as much love as they should," the dragon said, smiling gently at the trees. "There are so many green houses down here that are needed in order to sustain all of members of the Clan, that sometimes I simply cannot come by and care for them," hu explained, looking back at Idunn. "That is the main downside to having such a large clan such as ours, but I do come by to make sure they are doing well!" There was a slight silence, and the only sound that could be heard was the sound of running water, most likely the water that run under the ground to keep the flora watered. Idunn stared at how gently Quillan treated the trees, and looked down at Baldur. "I..." she began, catching the dragon's attention. "Maybe I can help take care of it?" she asked. "S-Since you guys are letting me stay here, it's the least I can do!" Quillan only smiled. -- Idunn is a very proactive dragon, always seen bustling about the orchard. Some of the other members of Clan Verglas haven't really even [i]seen[/i] the small dragon, because of how much time she spends in the orchard. She isn't afraid to speak what is on her tongue, and can be quite intimidating despite her petite size. More of a leader than a follower, Idunn will do whatever she can in order to make sure the orchard is in top-shape, and is often seen ordering [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=20109208]Rosa,[/url] a newer member of Clan Verglas, and her new assistant, around. The small dragon is the main Orchard Keeper of Clan Verglas, making the delivery of delicious apples her priority. She is completely inseparable from Baldur, and often one can find the small nocturne sleeping on the hoax's back.[/size] [center]---[/center] [center][size=2][i]Named after Idunn, the Norse Goddess of Eternal Youth.[/i][/size][/center] [size=2]Things left to do? Gene her up 8D Pictured is her plans for her geneing. She's already a tiny nocturne, just need the genes x'3[/size]
Idunn the Orchard Keeper

permabae_by_dragnia-d9e0owy.png

Idunn wasn't always as small as she was now. At least, that's what she thinks.

All she remembers was that she was born long ago in a land of fire. When she hatched from her egg, nobody was there to greet her. No parents, no family—nothing. She was absolutely alone. Or at least, that's what she thought, until she looked up. Above her hovered the giant, purple body of a creature—the creature she came to know as Baldur. This creature was a Lavaborne Hoax, wandering about with no real aim, until he came about a single egg—the egg that hatched Idunn.

Together they wandered the lands, finding no real place to call home. During their travels, however, Baldur noticed that Idunn had never grown. She remained the size of a hatchling, never once seeming to grow any larger than she was now. Idunn herself, however, never once paid heed to such thing, and simply went about her business, searching for the thing her heart called for.

They traveled through electric canyons and beautiful ruins, through lush forests and slept at the foot of the pillar of the world. They traversed the shining star-fields and plagued wastelands, stopped by the shadowy groves, the beautiful reefs, and the village of the sky, but still, Idunn and Baldur could not find themselves at home.

So they crossed the waters and came upon what would be their final destination—the Southern Icefields.

They began at the floes and came to the tundra, climbed up the crags, and stopped at the End. Here they met the dragon, Quillan, a beautiful Skydancer with achromatic scales and feathers. Idunn was in awe. Apparently, Quillan was traveling to a variety of locations at the Fields to gather materials and other flora for hus garden, and upon discovering the tiny nocturne and the hoax, Quillan became intrigued. The first thing that stood out to hume, of course, was the trembling body of the tiny dragon, kept warm only by the fire of the hoax. A smile spread across the skydancer's maw, and soon hu led the two to hus home—Clan Verglas. When they arrived, the young dragon was treated with much warmth and compassion, but there was one thing that stood out to her the most.

A single apple given to her as a snack while the hunters returned from their daily hunt.

She had never tasted an apple so delicious as this, and immediately asked where they had been grown. Quillan had responded simply that they were grown in that very lair. Idunn nor Baldur could believe the skydancer until hu led them down the immense cave system, and arrived at the cave's green houses. When they entered, the two were more in awe than they ever could be.

Idunn almost immediately fell in love... In love with that beautiful underground orchard. A sigh caught the small dragon off guard, however, and noticed Quillan gently running a claw across the leaves of the trees at the orchard. Idunn tilted her head at the beautiful albino dragon, wondering what could possibly distress the dragon.

"These trees do not receive as much love as they should," the dragon said, smiling gently at the trees. "There are so many green houses down here that are needed in order to sustain all of members of the Clan, that sometimes I simply cannot come by and care for them," hu explained, looking back at Idunn. "That is the main downside to having such a large clan such as ours, but I do come by to make sure they are doing well!"

There was a slight silence, and the only sound that could be heard was the sound of running water, most likely the water that run under the ground to keep the flora watered. Idunn stared at how gently Quillan treated the trees, and looked down at Baldur.

"I..." she began, catching the dragon's attention. "Maybe I can help take care of it?" she asked. "S-Since you guys are letting me stay here, it's the least I can do!"

Quillan only smiled.

--

Idunn is a very proactive dragon, always seen bustling about the orchard. Some of the other members of Clan Verglas haven't really even seen the small dragon, because of how much time she spends in the orchard. She isn't afraid to speak what is on her tongue, and can be quite intimidating despite her petite size.

More of a leader than a follower, Idunn will do whatever she can in order to make sure the orchard is in top-shape, and is often seen ordering Rosa, a newer member of Clan Verglas, and her new assistant, around.

The small dragon is the main Orchard Keeper of Clan Verglas, making the delivery of delicious apples her priority. She is completely inseparable from Baldur, and often one can find the small nocturne sleeping on the hoax's back.

---
Named after Idunn, the Norse Goddess of Eternal Youth.

Things left to do? Gene her up 8D Pictured is her plans for her geneing. She's already a tiny nocturne, just need the genes x'3
AScq6qj.png
[center][size=7][font=century gothic]Marbeline the Chemist[/font][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7509428] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/75095/7509428_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [size=2]He was one of the First. One of the first who was taken in under the wings of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=84523&did=6901838]Calemvir[/url], and one of the first to reside in the small lair at the Crystalspine Reaches. Marbeline was but a small hatchling, stumbling about from the plagued lands and somehow survived the harsh trek to the Starfall Isles. By the time he had arrived, he was disheveled and weak from such a difficult journey. The first to see him was the young, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=7450433]midnight-colored Skydancer.[/url] Still just a hatchling, the small Skydancer was intrigued by the collapsed white dragon so he ran off to call Calemvir, and soon the exhausted hatchling found himself staring deep into the bright eyes of the large Guardian. Having just arrived from the harsh lands of the Scarred Wasteland, seeing such a gentle gaze was enough to bring him to tears. He cried at the dragon who continued to gaze at him, causing Raudinine—the name of the midnight-colored Skydancer he learned later—to tilt his head in confusion, but after a gentle pat on the head to both hatchlings, Calemvir picked the two skydancers up into her claws, and made her way back to their lair. Many months passed, and slowly Marbeline came to grow out his brilliant adult plumage and pristine white scales. Throughout the days, he'd spend much time with Calemvir, simply making mindless conversation about whatever came to mind. During those days, he also met his lifetime partner, Vivek, a Serthis Potionmaster who had left on his own clan and began wandering about. He first introduced Marbeline to the ways of alchemy and chemistry, which sparked their mutual love for science. They had made up residence in a small cave at the Crystalspine Reaches, beside some wonderful pools the dragons would find themselves swimming in. Those days were simple days, before the Clan had grown to the size it was today. Soon, Calemvir's first clutch was hatched. Not many days later the eldest decided to move out, and Marbeline simply watched the Alpha of the clan stare into the distance as she left. He knew the words she wanted to say, and recognized the pain in her eyes almost right away. After all, one of the three eggs she had laid never hatched. So, she was left with the smallest hatchling, the daughter she named [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=8210070]Sol[/url], a daughter she came to love more than her own life. Then, when her mood only plummeted as her mate, a Coatl by the name of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7073487]Irineiya[/url], left, distraught by the departure and death of their children, Marbeline stood by her side, reminding her of what she still had, trying his hardest to put a smile on the maw of the dragon who took him into her home. So as her daughter grew and Marbeline stood faithfully by her side, the Guardian's smile slowly returned, allowing the Skydancer's worry to subside. The whole event left them with a powerful friendship, however, one that continues to remain strong even now. They could read each other like books, and always knew what was on each other's mind. So when the Guardian began to become restless, he knew that a move was most likely underway. Calemvir had not yet found her charge, which was what he assumed to have been what was causing the dragon to be so restless. Leaving the clan to [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6901839]Roershak,[/url] the dragon who stood alongside her as co-founder of the clan, and her daughter to Marbeline's care, she wandered off, promising to return with tales of a new land. With the Clan's Alpha off exploring new lands, Marbeline helped Roershak with the many things to be done around the lair and with their then-still-small clan. Whenever he had free time, Marbeline would practice his own magic, magic he was hoping to perfect in order to keep their clan safe and healthy, as well as his own practice with alchemy and potion-making with Vivek. However, the rowdiness of Sol kept him from delving too much into it. Sol was much more spunky and energetic than her mother, and she had a lot of fight in her. So much so that she became a handful for the small Skydancer, but he was at least thankful Vivek was always around to help, and that her many mishaps would help him practice his healing magic... And keep him in shape, while he was at it. Her avid running about left him having to run after her for [i]hours[/i] on end, leaving him rather exhausted, but at the end of the day, it still made him smile. Unlike a good majority of the dragons of Calemvir's still-nameless clan, Marbeline was one of the few without a particular pattern on his scales. The only ones to share a similar appearance were Calemvir herself, Roershak, and Sol. He wasn't entirely sure what it [i]meant[/i], but as he would gaze onto the scales of his fellow dragons, he always found himself trying to conceal himself, even though nobody ever said a thing about his scales. His own self-consciousness of his plain scales wasn't entirely helped when he came across a beautiful pearlcatcher who had freshly joined the clan, one whom he ran into as he ran after the mischievous Sol. Her name was [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7735687]Dapperdan[/url]. They quickly fell in love, and laid a clutch of two. A clutch that unfortunately shared the same fate as Calemvir's first and only nest of eggs. One never hatched, and the other left as soon as he was old enough. Dapperdan had gazed onto the beautiful Skydancer with apologetic eyes, and he knew exactly what was going to happen. And so she left, leaving him alone. This time, the ones to comfort someone were Sol and Vivek comforting [i]him.[/i] Of course, Sol comforted him the best way a young dragon could, usually by playing lighthearted pranks on him or bringing him some of her favorite fruits to eat together. Vivek's presence was more than enough to help Marbeline feel a little better. It was just like their old days, mindlessly chattering about the most trivial things, although this time Calemvir was unfortunately not around. Instead, they had the enjoyment of Sol bringing them sweet fruit to share between the three of them. Slowly his mood lifted, but he became more and more immersed in his potion-making and magic as a distraction, so much so that he would forget to be as careful as he should. Despite Vivek's expressed concern, Marbeline continued to push himself further into the never-ending spiral, until one day a small colorful explosion painted his wing tips and feathers a spectrum of colors. The miraculously harmless accident served as a wake-up call, and Marbeline finally allowed himself to sit down and cry in front of the young Sol and wise Vivek. From that day on, he began paying a lot more attention to the concern of others, and his mood raised drastically. Calemvir returned soon after Marbeline's accident, with eyes brighter than he's ever seen them before. Seeing such a happy expression on her face immediately washed all unease out of the skydancer, and as always, he knew [i]exactly[/i] what was on the large Guardian's mind. And, after receiving the deity's blessing, thus began their move from the Starfall Isles to the land of Ice and Cold—the Southern Icefields. Many dragons had stayed behind, including Roershak, but those who chose to move with Calemvir found themselves at the Floes. The clan never once stopped growing during those times, forcing them to move to the tundra, then the cloud-scraping crags, until they finally arrived at their final destination... The Fortress of Ends. Settling into a large cave system, the newly-named Clan Verglas had finally found its permanent home, and Calemvir formed The Trinity, a trio formed by herself, Sol, and Marbeline. They would watch over the safety of passing dragons and welcome those who would stay, and guard the clan with all their might. During a particular raid against the clan, before they had any Ice Sculptures to help guard their lair, Calemvir, Sol, and Marbeline were all driven to the brink of death defending their territory. After they returned and healed, they were blessed with new bodies. Sol's scales became crystalline to reflect her fragile but sharp nature, Calemvir's scales were painted with a pattern to help her blend into her environment, and Marbeline's plain scales were finally painted with the mark of a viper, reflecting upon his swift movements and ability to attack hard when needed. And so, the Trinity became the clan's official Overseers. Marbeline continues to try to perfect his magical and scientific practice alongside Vivek, and has decided to spend the rest of his life alongside Calemvir and Sol. Forever watching the clan that took him in many years ago, so that they, too, can continue to do so with many others. So Clan Verglas can continue to be the home he loves so much. -- Marbeline is a lighthearted but disciplined dragon. He serves as the clan's main Battle Mage, as well as the clan's alchemist, working closely with Baldwin to create new items for the clan to use. He is completely dedicated to their clan, and will gladly lay down his life for it. He helps keep the order and peace in their Clan, and despite his small frame, his voice carries very loudly through their cave.[/size] [center]--- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=84523&did=6901838][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/69019/6901838p.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84523&tab=dragon&did=8210070][img]http://orig15.deviantart.net/c06e/f/2015/250/2/7/solleft_by_dragnia-d98trce.png[/img][/url] [size=2]Together with Calemvir and Sol, these three form [b][u]The Trinity[/u][/b].[/size][/center] [size=2]He's all done! He's got some wonderful art, too, if you wanna go check it out in his bio : D[/size]
Marbeline the Chemist

7509428_350.png

He was one of the First.

One of the first who was taken in under the wings of Calemvir, and one of the first to reside in the small lair at the Crystalspine Reaches. Marbeline was but a small hatchling, stumbling about from the plagued lands and somehow survived the harsh trek to the Starfall Isles. By the time he had arrived, he was disheveled and weak from such a difficult journey. The first to see him was the young, midnight-colored Skydancer. Still just a hatchling, the small Skydancer was intrigued by the collapsed white dragon so he ran off to call Calemvir, and soon the exhausted hatchling found himself staring deep into the bright eyes of the large Guardian. Having just arrived from the harsh lands of the Scarred Wasteland, seeing such a gentle gaze was enough to bring him to tears. He cried at the dragon who continued to gaze at him, causing Raudinine—the name of the midnight-colored Skydancer he learned later—to tilt his head in confusion, but after a gentle pat on the head to both hatchlings, Calemvir picked the two skydancers up into her claws, and made her way back to their lair.

Many months passed, and slowly Marbeline came to grow out his brilliant adult plumage and pristine white scales. Throughout the days, he'd spend much time with Calemvir, simply making mindless conversation about whatever came to mind. During those days, he also met his lifetime partner, Vivek, a Serthis Potionmaster who had left on his own clan and began wandering about. He first introduced Marbeline to the ways of alchemy and chemistry, which sparked their mutual love for science. They had made up residence in a small cave at the Crystalspine Reaches, beside some wonderful pools the dragons would find themselves swimming in. Those days were simple days, before the Clan had grown to the size it was today.

Soon, Calemvir's first clutch was hatched. Not many days later the eldest decided to move out, and Marbeline simply watched the Alpha of the clan stare into the distance as she left. He knew the words she wanted to say, and recognized the pain in her eyes almost right away. After all, one of the three eggs she had laid never hatched. So, she was left with the smallest hatchling, the daughter she named Sol, a daughter she came to love more than her own life. Then, when her mood only plummeted as her mate, a Coatl by the name of Irineiya, left, distraught by the departure and death of their children, Marbeline stood by her side, reminding her of what she still had, trying his hardest to put a smile on the maw of the dragon who took him into her home.

So as her daughter grew and Marbeline stood faithfully by her side, the Guardian's smile slowly returned, allowing the Skydancer's worry to subside. The whole event left them with a powerful friendship, however, one that continues to remain strong even now. They could read each other like books, and always knew what was on each other's mind.

So when the Guardian began to become restless, he knew that a move was most likely underway.

Calemvir had not yet found her charge, which was what he assumed to have been what was causing the dragon to be so restless. Leaving the clan to Roershak, the dragon who stood alongside her as co-founder of the clan, and her daughter to Marbeline's care, she wandered off, promising to return with tales of a new land.

With the Clan's Alpha off exploring new lands, Marbeline helped Roershak with the many things to be done around the lair and with their then-still-small clan. Whenever he had free time, Marbeline would practice his own magic, magic he was hoping to perfect in order to keep their clan safe and healthy, as well as his own practice with alchemy and potion-making with Vivek. However, the rowdiness of Sol kept him from delving too much into it. Sol was much more spunky and energetic than her mother, and she had a lot of fight in her. So much so that she became a handful for the small Skydancer, but he was at least thankful Vivek was always around to help, and that her many mishaps would help him practice his healing magic... And keep him in shape, while he was at it.

Her avid running about left him having to run after her for hours on end, leaving him rather exhausted, but at the end of the day, it still made him smile.

Unlike a good majority of the dragons of Calemvir's still-nameless clan, Marbeline was one of the few without a particular pattern on his scales. The only ones to share a similar appearance were Calemvir herself, Roershak, and Sol. He wasn't entirely sure what it meant, but as he would gaze onto the scales of his fellow dragons, he always found himself trying to conceal himself, even though nobody ever said a thing about his scales.

His own self-consciousness of his plain scales wasn't entirely helped when he came across a beautiful pearlcatcher who had freshly joined the clan, one whom he ran into as he ran after the mischievous Sol.

Her name was Dapperdan.

They quickly fell in love, and laid a clutch of two. A clutch that unfortunately shared the same fate as Calemvir's first and only nest of eggs.

One never hatched, and the other left as soon as he was old enough.

Dapperdan had gazed onto the beautiful Skydancer with apologetic eyes, and he knew exactly what was going to happen.

And so she left, leaving him alone.

This time, the ones to comfort someone were Sol and Vivek comforting him.

Of course, Sol comforted him the best way a young dragon could, usually by playing lighthearted pranks on him or bringing him some of her favorite fruits to eat together. Vivek's presence was more than enough to help Marbeline feel a little better. It was just like their old days, mindlessly chattering about the most trivial things, although this time Calemvir was unfortunately not around. Instead, they had the enjoyment of Sol bringing them sweet fruit to share between the three of them. Slowly his mood lifted, but he became more and more immersed in his potion-making and magic as a distraction, so much so that he would forget to be as careful as he should. Despite Vivek's expressed concern, Marbeline continued to push himself further into the never-ending spiral, until one day a small colorful explosion painted his wing tips and feathers a spectrum of colors.

The miraculously harmless accident served as a wake-up call, and Marbeline finally allowed himself to sit down and cry in front of the young Sol and wise Vivek. From that day on, he began paying a lot more attention to the concern of others, and his mood raised drastically.

Calemvir returned soon after Marbeline's accident, with eyes brighter than he's ever seen them before. Seeing such a happy expression on her face immediately washed all unease out of the skydancer, and as always, he knew exactly what was on the large Guardian's mind. And, after receiving the deity's blessing, thus began their move from the Starfall Isles to the land of Ice and Cold—the Southern Icefields.

Many dragons had stayed behind, including Roershak, but those who chose to move with Calemvir found themselves at the Floes. The clan never once stopped growing during those times, forcing them to move to the tundra, then the cloud-scraping crags, until they finally arrived at their final destination... The Fortress of Ends. Settling into a large cave system, the newly-named Clan Verglas had finally found its permanent home, and Calemvir formed The Trinity, a trio formed by herself, Sol, and Marbeline. They would watch over the safety of passing dragons and welcome those who would stay, and guard the clan with all their might. During a particular raid against the clan, before they had any Ice Sculptures to help guard their lair, Calemvir, Sol, and Marbeline were all driven to the brink of death defending their territory.

After they returned and healed, they were blessed with new bodies. Sol's scales became crystalline to reflect her fragile but sharp nature, Calemvir's scales were painted with a pattern to help her blend into her environment, and Marbeline's plain scales were finally painted with the mark of a viper, reflecting upon his swift movements and ability to attack hard when needed.

And so, the Trinity became the clan's official Overseers. Marbeline continues to try to perfect his magical and scientific practice alongside Vivek, and has decided to spend the rest of his life alongside Calemvir and Sol.

Forever watching the clan that took him in many years ago, so that they, too, can continue to do so with many others.

So Clan Verglas can continue to be the home he loves so much.

--

Marbeline is a lighthearted but disciplined dragon. He serves as the clan's main Battle Mage, as well as the clan's alchemist, working closely with Baldwin to create new items for the clan to use. He is completely dedicated to their clan, and will gladly lay down his life for it.

He helps keep the order and peace in their Clan, and despite his small frame, his voice carries very loudly through their cave.

---

6901838p.png solleft_by_dragnia-d98trce.png
Together with Calemvir and Sol, these three form The Trinity.

He's all done! He's got some wonderful art, too, if you wanna go check it out in his bio : D
AScq6qj.png
1 2