Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | PWYW Proofreading [Closed/new thread[
1 2 3 4
[center][size=5][b]CLOSED / MOVED[/b] I've opened a shop which includes this service. It's still PWYW. Please go [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2102403]HERE[/url]. Thanks for your interest![/size] ----- [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mu95qx6wi0m603s/DI_pwywprf.png[/img][/center] I've been at FR for a few months now and have fallen in love with several bios here. There are lots of great stories to read. I've also seen a few users ask for help with grammar and have done a bit of proofreading already. This service is available on a PWYW basis -- pay what you want. [b]If you can't afford to pay or simply don't want to, [i]it's perfectly fine![/i][/b] I made this a PWYW thing instead of completely free because there've been cases where, after giving stuff away for free, I was asked if I wanted anything in return. You can pay me whatever you're comfortable with -- treasure, gems, art, items, or nothing at all. I hope you will find this service useful. =) [b]What you'll get:[/b] * I'll proofread for grammar, punctuation, and spelling (US English). I usually use Oxford commas. * I will also correct writing styles, but only in cases where a sentence is awkwardly worded or difficult to understand (for example, if a point of view suddenly switches from one character to another without warning). * Depending on how long a bio is or how many dragons there are, I might be able to finish one client's order in three days (at most). [b]What you will not get:[/b] * I won't write the bios or make up headcanon. Basically, you write the bio first, and I'll fix the errors (if there are any). * No bio layouts and coding either, sorry. * If need be, I can explain why I made some changes, but I won't be critiquing writing styles, plots, or characters. [b]Looking for samples?[/b] I write my dragons' bios myself. Some examples, from shortest to longest: [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25050569] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/250506/25050569.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25834414] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/258345/25834414.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25555187] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/255552/25555187.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25503114] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/255032/25503114.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26339056] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/263391/26339056.png[/img] [/url][/columns] More samples can be found in my clan's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25261821]Lore & Art Directory[/url]. [b]Questions and advice are very welcome. Thanks for reading! (I'm subscribed to this thread; no need to ping me.)[/b]
CLOSED / MOVED
I've opened a shop which includes this service. It's still PWYW. Please go HERE. Thanks for your interest!

DI_pwywprf.png

I've been at FR for a few months now and have fallen in love with several bios here. There are lots of great stories to read. I've also seen a few users ask for help with grammar and have done a bit of proofreading already. This service is available on a PWYW basis -- pay what you want.

If you can't afford to pay or simply don't want to, it's perfectly fine! I made this a PWYW thing instead of completely free because there've been cases where, after giving stuff away for free, I was asked if I wanted anything in return. You can pay me whatever you're comfortable with -- treasure, gems, art, items, or nothing at all. I hope you will find this service useful. =)

What you'll get:
* I'll proofread for grammar, punctuation, and spelling (US English). I usually use Oxford commas.
* I will also correct writing styles, but only in cases where a sentence is awkwardly worded or difficult to understand (for example, if a point of view suddenly switches from one character to another without warning).
* Depending on how long a bio is or how many dragons there are, I might be able to finish one client's order in three days (at most).

What you will not get:
* I won't write the bios or make up headcanon. Basically, you write the bio first, and I'll fix the errors (if there are any).
* No bio layouts and coding either, sorry.
* If need be, I can explain why I made some changes, but I won't be critiquing writing styles, plots, or characters.

Looking for samples? I write my dragons' bios myself. Some examples, from shortest to longest:

25050569.png

25834414.png

25555187.png

25503114.png

26339056.png
More samples can be found in my clan's Lore & Art Directory.

Questions and advice are very welcome. Thanks for reading!
(I'm subscribed to this thread; no need to ping me.)
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist I'd be really interested :o if you want to check out my bios, Aura's is first person and the rest and Aura describing them(I'll change it someday. I'll be describing them in third person PoV)
@Disillusionist I'd be really interested :o if you want to check out my bios, Aura's is first person and the rest and Aura describing them(I'll change it someday. I'll be describing them in third person PoV)
@LucarioLand Ooh, a fellow Lucario-lover. Thanks for your interest! ^^

Here's Aura's bio:
Quote:
LEADER OF DIGNIFIED IGNIS, THIEF AND TRAINER
I am kind if you make me into a friend but brutal if I am made an enemy. It takes a lot for me to trust another dragon because of a past experience that I don't want to recall....I am the leader of the clan Dignified Ignis, a trainer for dragons, and a little bit of a thief, I will admit. I take my duty as a leader and an encouraging trainer seriously. When it comes to thievery, I joke around a lot with my close friends and show them a soft side that I normally don't show others. I describe myself as practically a dragon Robin Hood: taking things away from rich people and giving to the poor. But in this case, I hate those who think they are great and mighty and flaunt it in other dragons' faces. I will prank them and maybe steal a few things and give them to those who need it. I normally have a hard time making friends but can make enemies easily with my short temper. Honestly, I think it's better that way. It would be better to make enemies that you expect would sink their claws into your face than to make friends that would stab you in the back when you trust them. Other than my close friends and my mate, I am normally alone if I am not attending to things about the clan.

Just edited for spacing, punctuation, and a few words. ^^

I'm a bit unsure about your post up there -- you want to me to check Aura's bio only (finished!) or all your dragons with lore? (It's my day off tomorrow, so I can do that, too.)
@LucarioLand Ooh, a fellow Lucario-lover. Thanks for your interest! ^^

Here's Aura's bio:
Quote:
LEADER OF DIGNIFIED IGNIS, THIEF AND TRAINER
I am kind if you make me into a friend but brutal if I am made an enemy. It takes a lot for me to trust another dragon because of a past experience that I don't want to recall....I am the leader of the clan Dignified Ignis, a trainer for dragons, and a little bit of a thief, I will admit. I take my duty as a leader and an encouraging trainer seriously. When it comes to thievery, I joke around a lot with my close friends and show them a soft side that I normally don't show others. I describe myself as practically a dragon Robin Hood: taking things away from rich people and giving to the poor. But in this case, I hate those who think they are great and mighty and flaunt it in other dragons' faces. I will prank them and maybe steal a few things and give them to those who need it. I normally have a hard time making friends but can make enemies easily with my short temper. Honestly, I think it's better that way. It would be better to make enemies that you expect would sink their claws into your face than to make friends that would stab you in the back when you trust them. Other than my close friends and my mate, I am normally alone if I am not attending to things about the clan.

Just edited for spacing, punctuation, and a few words. ^^

I'm a bit unsure about your post up there -- you want to me to check Aura's bio only (finished!) or all your dragons with lore? (It's my day off tomorrow, so I can do that, too.)
@Disillusionist I wasn't actually asking, I was saying if ou wanted to or had the time you could check out any of my dragon's bios! and thanks :D
@Disillusionist I wasn't actually asking, I was saying if ou wanted to or had the time you could check out any of my dragon's bios! and thanks :D
@LucarioLand Whoops, I misunderstood your post. Consider Aura's bio FREE. (But then it's PWYW anyway, so eh. XD)

Yup, I can definitely check out your other dragons' bios. Your lair is 5 pages long and you have a lot of dragons, so which ones would you like me to proofread? (I can also do all, but it might take a couple of days.)
@LucarioLand Whoops, I misunderstood your post. Consider Aura's bio FREE. (But then it's PWYW anyway, so eh. XD)

Yup, I can definitely check out your other dragons' bios. Your lair is 5 pages long and you have a lot of dragons, so which ones would you like me to proofread? (I can also do all, but it might take a couple of days.)
@Disillusionist Actually, they're not all done, the ones that do have bios are on my first page, only until Minor xP
@Disillusionist Actually, they're not all done, the ones that do have bios are on my first page, only until Minor xP
@LucarioLand OK, here we go! [quote][b]MARX[/b] SECOND-IN-COMMAND OF DIGNIFIED IGNIS, THIEF, AND METALWORKER Marx is the Co-Leader of Dignified Ignis and a very refined thief. He is also a very passionate metalworker, making trinkets and such for his clanmates. Marx is very optimistic and enjoys joking around to make others smile. He is very clever, something he inherited from his father. His cleverness is used for schemes rather than for helping others. [/quote] [quote][b]BYLII[/b] TRAINER AND AURA'S PERSONAL GUARD Bylii was born in a kind and generous clan, but as she was being raised, her clan eventually became overpopulated. They decided to sell her and while I, Aura, was checking the Auction House to buy some food for the clan, I saw Bylii there. I decided to take her in since she had had the same rough start as I had. I paid the price her clan asked for and I found out that we had a lot in common. For one, Bylii enjoys reading and while she may not enjoy thievery, she is as sadistic and sarcastic as I am, and not many dragons can match my sharp tongue. Bylii is also the strongest among all of us in the clan, and she became my personal guard. Being the strongest, she volunteered to train new clanmates. A few weeks after she came to the clan, many male dragons wanted her as a mate. Most were turned down brutally, but if she was feeling generous, she would turn them down kindly. The harshest she's ever rejected someone wasn't even intentional. It was when a male Skydancer by the name of "Jango" came by. She fell for him. It happened that Iota was in love with Bylii but he had to go to another clan to negotiate trades. When he came back, Bylii and Jango had become mates, and it hurt him. Bylii didn't know that Iota loved her and didn't want to break him that badly, but the damage was already done. She already had a batch of hatchlings with Jango and she couldn't go back now. After Iota became mates with Coil and returned to normal, she and Iota became great friends again.[/quote] [quote][b]JANGO[/b] BOUNTY HUNTER Jango is a bounty hunter. Dignified Ignis gave him a home, friends, and a mate, but he also goes on trips by himself outside of the clan to get work. Beastclans, he could kill without remorse. But if one asks him to kill another dragon, he will do it only if that dragon has committed a horrible crime. He is quite sadistic and hates being told that he's wrong. He's kind and caring to a very select few. To everyone else he is distant and cruel. [/quote] [quote][b]COIL[/b] HOARD ORGANIZER OF CLAN DIGNIFIED IGNIS Coil enjoys sorting through things and hates being messy. She also has plenty of self-control, which is why I appointed her as the Clan's personal hoard organizer. She is very kind to everyone in the same way a mother is kind to her children. She fell in love with Iota's naturally cheerful attitude and when he became silent and cold, she hated it. She hated seeing him that way and talked him out of it. Iota asked Marx to forge a Lapis Lazuli Ring for her and she loved it. [/quote] [quote][b]IOTA[/b] TRAINER, MARX'S PERSONAL GUARD, AND SHADOW AMBASSADOR Iota was born in a mainly Coatl clan. He mostly speaks the Coatl language but has also learned how to speak and understand common Draconian. He likes to hoard minerals and other shiny trinkets, and while it looks like an unorganized pile of gems, he actually spends time arranging them and dislikes other people touching or moving them around. Iota used to be overly joyful and sort of jump around the place, but after he was sent to another clan to organize trades and came back to see Bylii, the one he loved, with a mate...It's a long story that I'll get into another time, eh? Or you can always check my archive of happenings in Dignified Ignis here. Ahem, enough of that, let's get back to Iota. After that Iota became very silent and at times cold and heartless. He eventually became kinder when he and Coil became mates. He is still heartbroken inside but he loves Coil as much as he loved Bylii. He was appointed as a Dignified Ignis' Shadow Ambassador since he has connections to some Shadow Clans. It's also because he enjoys the scenery of the Tangled Wood while others in the clan found it eerie and unsettling, given how most grew up used to the brightness of the Ashfall Waste. He is also among one of the best trainers of Dignified Ignis alongside myself (Aura, of course!), Marx, and Bylii. He is also [i]sort of[/i] Marx's personal guard. I said "sort of" because he doesn't really spend every moment making sure Marx is safe, but he does accompany him a lot whenever they go to the Coliseum. [/quote] [quote][b]XIAOXING[/b] SEER Xiaoxing is one of the few that were part of Dignified Ignis when Flame and Ventus were in charge. She may be born of Wind and live in the Ashfall Waste, but she prefers the arts of Plague. She can sometimes see the future of others, but most of the time, those things aren't good. She usually helps other dragons when she sees their future, be it good or bad. She didn't like it when I became leader at first because a young Imperial taking over an entire clan? That would not end well. Or so she thought. I showed her I could be trustworthy -- mischievous, yes, but trustworthy nevertheless. She enjoys going outside of the lair but she hates heights. She is also very easily startled and holds grudges for a long time. Her charge is her familiar, a Hippogriff she found injured. She took it back to the clan and nursed it back to health and now it has become trusting of Xiaoxing. They are almost always together. She is also almost never seen without her mate, Prometheus, who shares her specialty -- being able to see the future. [/quote] [quote][b]PROMETHEUS[/b] SEER Prometheus, like his mate, is part of the few who came when Flame and Ventus were leading Dignified Ignis. He didn't mind when I took over the clan, unlike some others. He fell for Xiaoxing when he found out that she too was a seer. He had never seen any other seers and his original home called him Shade's Spawn when they found out he could tell the future. He stumbled upon Dignified Ignis and met Flame and Ventus, who welcomed him. He trusted the two and any decision they made. Xiaoxing loves him as well and they stick together as close as two dragons could ever be. He adores it every time there's a festival and hates Serthis since he had a horrible experience with one and its potions. He has a very good reputation among his clanmates. [/quote] [quote][b]SNEAKY[/b] ASSASSIN "Sneaky" isn't her real name. Her real name is actually "Rowena", but since so many dragons just call her "Sneaky", she adopted it as her true name. She utilizes the Shadows and is an assassin. She enjoys seeing the light leave her victims' eyes, which is a whole other level of sadism. She was charmed by Zorak's intelligence and he is the only dragon she is particularly close to. [/quote] [quote][b]ZORAK[/b] ARCHITECT Zorak enjoys being an architect. In fact, most, if not all of the rooms were built by Zorak. He has a very extensive imagination -- from architecture to stories, he can make things interesting, fascinating, and over all, good. He never knew what was so fun about pranks and stealing which made it infuriating to grow up with his brother, Marx. From the first time Marx pulled a prank on him he knew he hated pranks. He also takes almost everything personally. Tell him he needs to loosen up a little? As if. He'd be even more serious around a dragon that told him to loosen up. [/quote] [quote][b]DAWNKNIGHT[/b] MERCENARY Dawnknight is a mercenary. She has a home forever in Dignified Ignis but like Jango, she leaves the clan for periods of time. The difference is that Dawnknight occasionally leaves with Cypress since he is also quite a skilled fighter. Another difference is that she doesn't kill; rather, she fights another dragon's battle for them in return for treasure. Despite primarily eating insects, she prefers plants, specifically fruits over insects. If she isn't in the thick of battle, she is often drowsy and likes impressing others, though she can't impress others much if she almost falls asleep while being talked to or talking to another dragon. [/quote] [quote][b]CYPRESS[/b] MERCENARY Cypress doesn't remember much of his parents. He vaguely remembers his father always being strong and fast, even training him occasionally. When he eventually left, he became a mercenary to put his skills to good use. He also became a mercenary to be able to travel and quell his Arcane curiosities. That was when he ran into Dawnknight as she was on her way back to Dignified Ignis. Dawnknight kept trying to impress him. He is very easily impressed and they became mates soon after. [/quote] [quote][b]ANCIENTFURY[/b] ALCHEMIST Ancientfury is an alchemist. She and Emilio spend hours on end with Baldwin, transmuting and creating objects with his cauldron. They both bonded over their love of creating new object from other objects. She loathes solitude and hoards common objects to throw into the cauldron. She also enjoys a good mystery to keep her wondering. Problem is, she can spend weeks on end trying to figure out that mystery, which probably isn't good for her mental health. She also gets really grouchy when she is deprived of food. I'll just say it's a good thing we have a steady supply of food of all kinds. (Give her Bogsneak, Runes) [/quote] [quote][b]EMILIO[/b] ALCHEMIST Emilio is an alchemist, and he bonded with his mate over their enjoyment of transmuting and creating objects. He's very easily startled and unlike his mate, he dislikes mysteries and puzzles. He'd rather be straightforward. He adores birds and makes some very good bad jokes. He is quite the optimist, always thinking of the good things. (Give him Bogsneak, Runes) [/quote] [quote][b]FIORE[/b] WRITER Fiore is a writer. She enjoys making tales of fiction and also twists real stories to make them seem like fiction. Most of the time she lets Bylii and me read the books to check for grammatical errors or spelling errors. Other times she lets Minor do that. Both Minor and Fiore have filled a bit of the clan's library with their books and enjoy gauging the reactions of different dragons to their books. Some are amused, saddened, or just left wondering what happened after the end. She can't stand traveling to far-away places, so she mainly stays in the huge cave that is Dignified Ignis. [/quote] [quote][b]MINOR[/b] WRITER Minor is a writer. He writes fiction books that are mostly based on old myths and the deities. Like Fiore, Minor usually lets others or his mate read his stories to check for errors before he shows them to the rest of the clan. Minor can't stand water, which is why his Shellion, playfully nicknamed Sheldon, is very useful. He also blinks excessively. [/quote]
@LucarioLand OK, here we go!
Quote:
MARX
SECOND-IN-COMMAND OF DIGNIFIED IGNIS, THIEF, AND METALWORKER
Marx is the Co-Leader of Dignified Ignis and a very refined thief. He is also a very passionate metalworker, making trinkets and such for his clanmates. Marx is very optimistic and enjoys joking around to make others smile. He is very clever, something he inherited from his father. His cleverness is used for schemes rather than for helping others.
Quote:
BYLII
TRAINER AND AURA'S PERSONAL GUARD
Bylii was born in a kind and generous clan, but as she was being raised, her clan eventually became overpopulated. They decided to sell her and while I, Aura, was checking the Auction House to buy some food for the clan, I saw Bylii there. I decided to take her in since she had had the same rough start as I had. I paid the price her clan asked for and I found out that we had a lot in common. For one, Bylii enjoys reading and while she may not enjoy thievery, she is as sadistic and sarcastic as I am, and not many dragons can match my sharp tongue. Bylii is also the strongest among all of us in the clan, and she became my personal guard. Being the strongest, she volunteered to train new clanmates. A few weeks after she came to the clan, many male dragons wanted her as a mate. Most were turned down brutally, but if she was feeling generous, she would turn them down kindly. The harshest she's ever rejected someone wasn't even intentional. It was when a male Skydancer by the name of "Jango" came by. She fell for him. It happened that Iota was in love with Bylii but he had to go to another clan to negotiate trades. When he came back, Bylii and Jango had become mates, and it hurt him. Bylii didn't know that Iota loved her and didn't want to break him that badly, but the damage was already done. She already had a batch of hatchlings with Jango and she couldn't go back now. After Iota became mates with Coil and returned to normal, she and Iota became great friends again.
Quote:
JANGO
BOUNTY HUNTER
Jango is a bounty hunter. Dignified Ignis gave him a home, friends, and a mate, but he also goes on trips by himself outside of the clan to get work. Beastclans, he could kill without remorse. But if one asks him to kill another dragon, he will do it only if that dragon has committed a horrible crime. He is quite sadistic and hates being told that he's wrong. He's kind and caring to a very select few. To everyone else he is distant and cruel.
Quote:
COIL
HOARD ORGANIZER OF CLAN DIGNIFIED IGNIS
Coil enjoys sorting through things and hates being messy. She also has plenty of self-control, which is why I appointed her as the Clan's personal hoard organizer. She is very kind to everyone in the same way a mother is kind to her children. She fell in love with Iota's naturally cheerful attitude and when he became silent and cold, she hated it. She hated seeing him that way and talked him out of it. Iota asked Marx to forge a Lapis Lazuli Ring for her and she loved it.
Quote:
IOTA
TRAINER, MARX'S PERSONAL GUARD, AND SHADOW AMBASSADOR
Iota was born in a mainly Coatl clan. He mostly speaks the Coatl language but has also learned how to speak and understand common Draconian. He likes to hoard minerals and other shiny trinkets, and while it looks like an unorganized pile of gems, he actually spends time arranging them and dislikes other people touching or moving them around. Iota used to be overly joyful and sort of jump around the place, but after he was sent to another clan to organize trades and came back to see Bylii, the one he loved, with a mate...It's a long story that I'll get into another time, eh? Or you can always check my archive of happenings in Dignified Ignis here. Ahem, enough of that, let's get back to Iota. After that Iota became very silent and at times cold and heartless. He eventually became kinder when he and Coil became mates. He is still heartbroken inside but he loves Coil as much as he loved Bylii. He was appointed as a Dignified Ignis' Shadow Ambassador since he has connections to some Shadow Clans. It's also because he enjoys the scenery of the Tangled Wood while others in the clan found it eerie and unsettling, given how most grew up used to the brightness of the Ashfall Waste. He is also among one of the best trainers of Dignified Ignis alongside myself (Aura, of course!), Marx, and Bylii. He is also sort of Marx's personal guard. I said "sort of" because he doesn't really spend every moment making sure Marx is safe, but he does accompany him a lot whenever they go to the Coliseum.
Quote:
XIAOXING
SEER
Xiaoxing is one of the few that were part of Dignified Ignis when Flame and Ventus were in charge. She may be born of Wind and live in the Ashfall Waste, but she prefers the arts of Plague. She can sometimes see the future of others, but most of the time, those things aren't good. She usually helps other dragons when she sees their future, be it good or bad. She didn't like it when I became leader at first because a young Imperial taking over an entire clan? That would not end well. Or so she thought. I showed her I could be trustworthy -- mischievous, yes, but trustworthy nevertheless. She enjoys going outside of the lair but she hates heights. She is also very easily startled and holds grudges for a long time. Her charge is her familiar, a Hippogriff she found injured. She took it back to the clan and nursed it back to health and now it has become trusting of Xiaoxing. They are almost always together. She is also almost never seen without her mate, Prometheus, who shares her specialty -- being able to see the future.
Quote:
PROMETHEUS
SEER
Prometheus, like his mate, is part of the few who came when Flame and Ventus were leading Dignified Ignis. He didn't mind when I took over the clan, unlike some others. He fell for Xiaoxing when he found out that she too was a seer. He had never seen any other seers and his original home called him Shade's Spawn when they found out he could tell the future. He stumbled upon Dignified Ignis and met Flame and Ventus, who welcomed him. He trusted the two and any decision they made. Xiaoxing loves him as well and they stick together as close as two dragons could ever be. He adores it every time there's a festival and hates Serthis since he had a horrible experience with one and its potions. He has a very good reputation among his clanmates.
Quote:
SNEAKY
ASSASSIN
"Sneaky" isn't her real name. Her real name is actually "Rowena", but since so many dragons just call her "Sneaky", she adopted it as her true name. She utilizes the Shadows and is an assassin. She enjoys seeing the light leave her victims' eyes, which is a whole other level of sadism. She was charmed by Zorak's intelligence and he is the only dragon she is particularly close to.
Quote:
ZORAK
ARCHITECT
Zorak enjoys being an architect. In fact, most, if not all of the rooms were built by Zorak. He has a very extensive imagination -- from architecture to stories, he can make things interesting, fascinating, and over all, good. He never knew what was so fun about pranks and stealing which made it infuriating to grow up with his brother, Marx. From the first time Marx pulled a prank on him he knew he hated pranks. He also takes almost everything personally. Tell him he needs to loosen up a little? As if. He'd be even more serious around a dragon that told him to loosen up.
Quote:
DAWNKNIGHT
MERCENARY
Dawnknight is a mercenary. She has a home forever in Dignified Ignis but like Jango, she leaves the clan for periods of time. The difference is that Dawnknight occasionally leaves with Cypress since he is also quite a skilled fighter. Another difference is that she doesn't kill; rather, she fights another dragon's battle for them in return for treasure. Despite primarily eating insects, she prefers plants, specifically fruits over insects. If she isn't in the thick of battle, she is often drowsy and likes impressing others, though she can't impress others much if she almost falls asleep while being talked to or talking to another dragon.
Quote:
CYPRESS
MERCENARY
Cypress doesn't remember much of his parents. He vaguely remembers his father always being strong and fast, even training him occasionally. When he eventually left, he became a mercenary to put his skills to good use. He also became a mercenary to be able to travel and quell his Arcane curiosities. That was when he ran into Dawnknight as she was on her way back to Dignified Ignis. Dawnknight kept trying to impress him. He is very easily impressed and they became mates soon after.
Quote:
ANCIENTFURY
ALCHEMIST
Ancientfury is an alchemist. She and Emilio spend hours on end with Baldwin, transmuting and creating objects with his cauldron. They both bonded over their love of creating new object from other objects. She loathes solitude and hoards common objects to throw into the cauldron. She also enjoys a good mystery to keep her wondering. Problem is, she can spend weeks on end trying to figure out that mystery, which probably isn't good for her mental health. She also gets really grouchy when she is deprived of food. I'll just say it's a good thing we have a steady supply of food of all kinds.

(Give her Bogsneak, Runes)
Quote:
EMILIO
ALCHEMIST
Emilio is an alchemist, and he bonded with his mate over their enjoyment of transmuting and creating objects. He's very easily startled and unlike his mate, he dislikes mysteries and puzzles. He'd rather be straightforward. He adores birds and makes some very good bad jokes. He is quite the optimist, always thinking of the good things.

(Give him Bogsneak, Runes)
Quote:
FIORE
WRITER
Fiore is a writer. She enjoys making tales of fiction and also twists real stories to make them seem like fiction. Most of the time she lets Bylii and me read the books to check for grammatical errors or spelling errors. Other times she lets Minor do that. Both Minor and Fiore have filled a bit of the clan's library with their books and enjoy gauging the reactions of different dragons to their books. Some are amused, saddened, or just left wondering what happened after the end. She can't stand traveling to far-away places, so she mainly stays in the huge cave that is Dignified Ignis.
Quote:
MINOR
WRITER
Minor is a writer. He writes fiction books that are mostly based on old myths and the deities. Like Fiore, Minor usually lets others or his mate read his stories to check for errors before he shows them to the rest of the clan. Minor can't stand water, which is why his Shellion, playfully nicknamed Sheldon, is very useful. He also blinks excessively.
@SunDragon
pinging myself so I can come back to this when I have some more bios writen
@SunDragon
pinging myself so I can come back to this when I have some more bios writen
ECNdq9d.png
@Disillusionist
ok so i wrote this story and i have had it sitting on my laptop afraid to share it because i'm bad at proofreading/punctuation. so *sigh* here it is
Draft (yeah thats the title)
The night air was filled with joy as the islands hundredth island day was being commenced, the plaza was full of dragons dancing and having fun colourful plates lined the streets each one with a different message, flags with dragons drawn on them hanged off lines of thin string. Lanterns lit the streets performers sang and danced in the centre. Nightflight a purple dragon sat back she watched as the dragons danced and sang rhymes and chimes as old as time, her mother islandclaw was in the centre enjoying herself. A few hours past when the island rumbled everyone ignored it was normal for the island to have small quakes. the festivities were undisturbed soon it started raining and a small gust started picking up some store owners were pulling decorations in and packing up. Islandclaw walked up to nightflight
“unusual, its summer ”she turned to the town centre it was being packed up the rain started pelting rising up to a mirrors ankles the flood rose every one panicked packing stuff retreating to the boats “muffin!” Nightflight grabbed her familiar her little tigerblood foo muffin, it squeaked as she grabbed it from her bed she packed food and some precious belongings, pushing out the door observing the streets. the water was rising and most dragons had to swim being a guardian she could just stand she ran to the boats some houses were on fire lighting the city glancing back she saw her mother the ground was crumbling behind her falling into the caves bellow houses crashing behind islandclaw a dragon fell she swivelled around to grab the dragon the dragon was heavy and pulling islandclaw down, nightflight rushed to her grabbing her back a loud crack as one of the tree of life’s branches fell straight on top of nightflight and her mother nightflight howled ryu one of her friends sprang at her calling for help many friends and family rushed they rolled the log away a screech rang out nightflight opened her eyes to see her mother. Gone nightflight she gasped realising she was holding her breath. Muffin looked at her pity in his gaze letting out a little chuff, a dragon picked her up an imperial “stay calm” it was blauw. the dock had many boats in it a lot packing to the brim nightflight went on the tijgers vlucht (tigers flight) the boats soon left leaving for the ashfall waste, moving to a cave the cave was very warm and the ground was hard, it took a while to get used to it nightflight she became the most experienced leader of the guards and the founder of lion-clan

may i mention that im broke yeah i am
@Disillusionist
ok so i wrote this story and i have had it sitting on my laptop afraid to share it because i'm bad at proofreading/punctuation. so *sigh* here it is
Draft (yeah thats the title)
The night air was filled with joy as the islands hundredth island day was being commenced, the plaza was full of dragons dancing and having fun colourful plates lined the streets each one with a different message, flags with dragons drawn on them hanged off lines of thin string. Lanterns lit the streets performers sang and danced in the centre. Nightflight a purple dragon sat back she watched as the dragons danced and sang rhymes and chimes as old as time, her mother islandclaw was in the centre enjoying herself. A few hours past when the island rumbled everyone ignored it was normal for the island to have small quakes. the festivities were undisturbed soon it started raining and a small gust started picking up some store owners were pulling decorations in and packing up. Islandclaw walked up to nightflight
“unusual, its summer ”she turned to the town centre it was being packed up the rain started pelting rising up to a mirrors ankles the flood rose every one panicked packing stuff retreating to the boats “muffin!” Nightflight grabbed her familiar her little tigerblood foo muffin, it squeaked as she grabbed it from her bed she packed food and some precious belongings, pushing out the door observing the streets. the water was rising and most dragons had to swim being a guardian she could just stand she ran to the boats some houses were on fire lighting the city glancing back she saw her mother the ground was crumbling behind her falling into the caves bellow houses crashing behind islandclaw a dragon fell she swivelled around to grab the dragon the dragon was heavy and pulling islandclaw down, nightflight rushed to her grabbing her back a loud crack as one of the tree of life’s branches fell straight on top of nightflight and her mother nightflight howled ryu one of her friends sprang at her calling for help many friends and family rushed they rolled the log away a screech rang out nightflight opened her eyes to see her mother. Gone nightflight she gasped realising she was holding her breath. Muffin looked at her pity in his gaze letting out a little chuff, a dragon picked her up an imperial “stay calm” it was blauw. the dock had many boats in it a lot packing to the brim nightflight went on the tijgers vlucht (tigers flight) the boats soon left leaving for the ashfall waste, moving to a cave the cave was very warm and the ground was hard, it took a while to get used to it nightflight she became the most experienced leader of the guards and the founder of lion-clan

may i mention that im broke yeah i am
Steelhound.gif
@catcatamelia No problem, here you go. =) [quote][b](Draft)[/b] The night air was filled with joy as the island's hundredth Island Day commenced. The plaza was full of dragons dancing and having fun. Colourful plates, each one with a different message, lined the streets. Flags with dragons drawn on them hung off lines of thin string. Lanterns lit the streets and performers sang and danced in the centre. Nightflight, a purple dragon, sat back. She watched as the dragons danced and sang rhymes and chimes as old as time. Her mother, Islandclaw, was in the centre enjoying herself. A few hours had passed when the island rumbled. Everyone ignored it. It was normal for the island to have small quakes. The festivities were undisturbed. Soon it started raining and a small gust started picking up. Some store owners were pulling decorations in and packing up. Islandclaw walked up to Nightflight. "This is unusual....It's summer,” she remarked. She turned to the town centre. It was being packed up. The rain started pelting, rising up to a mirror's ankles. The flood rose. Everyone panicked, packing stuff and retreating to the boats. “Muffin!” Nightflight grabbed her familiar, her little tigerblood foo, Muffin. He squeaked as she grabbed him from her bed. She packed food and some precious belongings, pushing out the door and observing the streets. The water was rising and most dragons had to swim. Being a guardian, she could still stand, and she ran to the boats. Some houses were on fire and lighting the city. Glancing back, she saw her mother. The ground was crumbling behind her, falling into the caves below, and houses were crashing behind Islandclaw. A dragon fell. Islandclaw swivelled around to grab the dragon, but the dragon was too heavy and pulling her down. Nightflight rushed to her, but grabbed her back as, with a loud crack, one of the Tree of Life’s branches fell straight on top of Nightflight and her mother. Nightflight howled. Ryu, one of her friends, sprang at her, calling for help. Many friends and family rushed over, and as they rolled the log away, a screech rang out. Nightflight opened her eyes to see her mother...gone. Nightflight gasped, realising she was holding her breath. Muffin looked at her with pity in his gaze, letting out a little chuff. A dragon, an imperial, picked her up. It was Blauw. “Stay calm!” he bellowed. The dock had many boats by it, a lot packed to the brim. Nightflight went on the Tijgers Vlucht ([b]Tiger's[/b] Flight). The boats soon left for the Ashfall Waste, moving to a cave. The cave was very warm and the ground was hard. It took a while to get used to. Nightflight became the most experienced leader of the guards and the founder of Lion-clan.[/quote] That was a pretty heart-pounding story, honestly! Aw, Islandclaw... ;___; I wasn't sure if it should be "[b]Tiger's[/b] Flight" (one tiger) or "[b]Tigers'[/b] Flight" (2 or more tigers). Do let me know which one it is. Thanks for submitting your story for proofreading; I enjoyed reading it, too!
@catcatamelia No problem, here you go. =)
Quote:
(Draft)
The night air was filled with joy as the island's hundredth Island Day commenced. The plaza was full of dragons dancing and having fun. Colourful plates, each one with a different message, lined the streets. Flags with dragons drawn on them hung off lines of thin string. Lanterns lit the streets and performers sang and danced in the centre.

Nightflight, a purple dragon, sat back. She watched as the dragons danced and sang rhymes and chimes as old as time. Her mother, Islandclaw, was in the centre enjoying herself. A few hours had passed when the island rumbled.

Everyone ignored it. It was normal for the island to have small quakes. The festivities were undisturbed. Soon it started raining and a small gust started picking up. Some store owners were pulling decorations in and packing up. Islandclaw walked up to Nightflight. "This is unusual....It's summer,” she remarked.

She turned to the town centre. It was being packed up. The rain started pelting, rising up to a mirror's ankles. The flood rose.

Everyone panicked, packing stuff and retreating to the boats. “Muffin!” Nightflight grabbed her familiar, her little tigerblood foo, Muffin. He squeaked as she grabbed him from her bed. She packed food and some precious belongings, pushing out the door and observing the streets. The water was rising and most dragons had to swim. Being a guardian, she could still stand, and she ran to the boats.

Some houses were on fire and lighting the city. Glancing back, she saw her mother. The ground was crumbling behind her, falling into the caves below, and houses were crashing behind Islandclaw.

A dragon fell. Islandclaw swivelled around to grab the dragon, but the dragon was too heavy and pulling her down. Nightflight rushed to her, but grabbed her back as, with a loud crack, one of the Tree of Life’s branches fell straight on top of Nightflight and her mother.

Nightflight howled. Ryu, one of her friends, sprang at her, calling for help. Many friends and family rushed over, and as they rolled the log away, a screech rang out. Nightflight opened her eyes to see her mother...gone.

Nightflight gasped, realising she was holding her breath. Muffin looked at her with pity in his gaze, letting out a little chuff. A dragon, an imperial, picked her up. It was Blauw. “Stay calm!” he bellowed.

The dock had many boats by it, a lot packed to the brim. Nightflight went on the Tijgers Vlucht (Tiger's Flight). The boats soon left for the Ashfall Waste, moving to a cave.

The cave was very warm and the ground was hard. It took a while to get used to. Nightflight became the most experienced leader of the guards and the founder of Lion-clan.

That was a pretty heart-pounding story, honestly! Aw, Islandclaw... ;___;

I wasn't sure if it should be "Tiger's Flight" (one tiger) or "Tigers' Flight" (2 or more tigers). Do let me know which one it is.

Thanks for submitting your story for proofreading; I enjoyed reading it, too!
1 2 3 4