Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | So You Think You Can Write
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 186 187
mkay cool.
prompt: how to [blank]

(fill in the blank with whatever you wish. you can interpret this however you want.)

you may begin writing at :07
the writing period will end at :12
mkay cool.
prompt: how to [blank]

(fill in the blank with whatever you wish. you can interpret this however you want.)

you may begin writing at :07
the writing period will end at :12
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bleeding Heart Crow she/her.xvi.gemini
hm, ok, time to plan...
hm, ok, time to plan...
hdEgTfF.gif5caOtnS.gifTvGyETb.gif
Ricardo grew up sheltered. He stayed inside, rarely venturing out into the real world. He was home schooled, and his parents were always busy. He never met anyone his age until the Modenas moved into town.

Ricardo was called to entertain Kaleb Modena when his father visited to discuss business. Ricardo watched Kaleb explore his room silently, studying this taller, paler stranger. He didn't know what to think. Kaleb kept talking and talking.

"What is there to do around here anyway?" Kaleb asked, opening Ricardo's textbook curiously. "This town seems kind of boring."

Embarrassed, Ricardo looked down. "I don't know."

"Well, that do you do with your friends?"

"Friends? I...I don't have friends."

Kaleb raised an eyebrow. "Why not?"

"I don't know how to make friends," Ricardo admitted, staring at his feet.

Kaleb grinned and moved over next to Ricardo. He brought a hand to his shoulder and squeezed it gently. "Well, it's not that hard. I'll show you how."
Ricardo grew up sheltered. He stayed inside, rarely venturing out into the real world. He was home schooled, and his parents were always busy. He never met anyone his age until the Modenas moved into town.

Ricardo was called to entertain Kaleb Modena when his father visited to discuss business. Ricardo watched Kaleb explore his room silently, studying this taller, paler stranger. He didn't know what to think. Kaleb kept talking and talking.

"What is there to do around here anyway?" Kaleb asked, opening Ricardo's textbook curiously. "This town seems kind of boring."

Embarrassed, Ricardo looked down. "I don't know."

"Well, that do you do with your friends?"

"Friends? I...I don't have friends."

Kaleb raised an eyebrow. "Why not?"

"I don't know how to make friends," Ricardo admitted, staring at his feet.

Kaleb grinned and moved over next to Ricardo. He brought a hand to his shoulder and squeezed it gently. "Well, it's not that hard. I'll show you how."
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
~L. Frank Baum
whoops heheh looks like you've already done so already. sorry! i didn't see it when i loaded the page >.>
whoops heheh looks like you've already done so already. sorry! i didn't see it when i loaded the page >.>
Haha, five minutes is not long at all! I might have gotten that wrong in the first post. Whoops!
Haha, five minutes is not long at all! I might have gotten that wrong in the first post. Whoops!
~L. Frank Baum
@coyearth @favvn
Prompt: How to... [blank]
~~~~~~
How to set your living room on fire
I had always been interested in survival. I mean- what would you do if your house was destroyed? In the wilderness? What would you do? How would you build a hut, fish, or make weapons? These, my friend, are valid questions.
And this is why, for my birthday, I have received the most exquisite gift- a pack filled with necessities for survival. Fishing twine! Lures! A tarp! Medical gauze! Flint and... ooh. Flint and steel. Naturally, I turn to go outside and try it. I strike it eagerly over our sandbox. Nothing. A gust of wind blows past, and I expect a dejected, cartoon tumbleweed to follow. I angrily strike it again. Nothing. Again. A small furt of embers. I sigh.
I go back inside and sit.
Seconds later, my couch is on fire.
Who knew that embers could be tracked in?
Well, they can. And now I know how not to survive in a living room, and that the fire department is very quick to respond. At least I know the flint and steel works.
@coyearth @favvn
Prompt: How to... [blank]
~~~~~~
How to set your living room on fire
I had always been interested in survival. I mean- what would you do if your house was destroyed? In the wilderness? What would you do? How would you build a hut, fish, or make weapons? These, my friend, are valid questions.
And this is why, for my birthday, I have received the most exquisite gift- a pack filled with necessities for survival. Fishing twine! Lures! A tarp! Medical gauze! Flint and... ooh. Flint and steel. Naturally, I turn to go outside and try it. I strike it eagerly over our sandbox. Nothing. A gust of wind blows past, and I expect a dejected, cartoon tumbleweed to follow. I angrily strike it again. Nothing. Again. A small furt of embers. I sigh.
I go back inside and sit.
Seconds later, my couch is on fire.
Who knew that embers could be tracked in?
Well, they can. And now I know how not to survive in a living room, and that the fire department is very quick to respond. At least I know the flint and steel works.
@coyearth
Ahh, yours is adorable! :D
@coyearth
Ahh, yours is adorable! :D
Thank you! I really love yours!
Thank you! I really love yours!
~L. Frank Baum
Thanks!
Thanks!
@coyearth @Tacodoodle
aaaAaa these were both Quality™!! it was hard to choose and i love how both of you interpreted the prompt. im gonna have to go with tacodoodle though - humor always gets bonus points in my book, and, wow, what a dark ending. i really enjoyed both of them though. i felt like coyearth displayed an amazing amount of characterization in a really short piece - your characters and voices were so distinct aaa i love

also, since you mentioned that 5 minutes was a short time (it really is,,, ,,) should we lengthen the time for writing?
@coyearth @Tacodoodle
aaaAaa these were both Quality™!! it was hard to choose and i love how both of you interpreted the prompt. im gonna have to go with tacodoodle though - humor always gets bonus points in my book, and, wow, what a dark ending. i really enjoyed both of them though. i felt like coyearth displayed an amazing amount of characterization in a really short piece - your characters and voices were so distinct aaa i love

also, since you mentioned that 5 minutes was a short time (it really is,,, ,,) should we lengthen the time for writing?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 186 187