Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | So You Think You Can Write
1 2 ... 179 180 181 182 183 ... 186 187
The ginger cat stared coolly into the pond, his glistening amber eyes following the slow, purposeless movements of the fish beneath the surface. The tip of his tail twitched, and he dipped one white-toed paw into the fresh water, sending a wave of ripples across the surface. He mewed softly, craning his neck forward to see into the water better.

As expected, most of the little orange fish had retreated far away from him. But one, the speckled one, with scales like the pelt of a tortoiseshell cat, paused and hovered. For a moment, the cat and the fish stayed frozen in time, perhaps gazing at each other.

In an unexpected move, the little tortoiseshell fish swam closer to the tom's white paw. The cat's ears perked in joy and his tail happily waved as he meowed in delight. The fish brushed against his paw, kissed his white fur with her little lips. Daily, feline and fish would keep up this little ritual. It was a greeting. It was timeless. He would never hurt her; she would always come over to the edge of the pool to see him, knowing of her safety.

Unexpected friendship touches all.
The ginger cat stared coolly into the pond, his glistening amber eyes following the slow, purposeless movements of the fish beneath the surface. The tip of his tail twitched, and he dipped one white-toed paw into the fresh water, sending a wave of ripples across the surface. He mewed softly, craning his neck forward to see into the water better.

As expected, most of the little orange fish had retreated far away from him. But one, the speckled one, with scales like the pelt of a tortoiseshell cat, paused and hovered. For a moment, the cat and the fish stayed frozen in time, perhaps gazing at each other.

In an unexpected move, the little tortoiseshell fish swam closer to the tom's white paw. The cat's ears perked in joy and his tail happily waved as he meowed in delight. The fish brushed against his paw, kissed his white fur with her little lips. Daily, feline and fish would keep up this little ritual. It was a greeting. It was timeless. He would never hurt her; she would always come over to the edge of the pool to see him, knowing of her safety.

Unexpected friendship touches all.
~Purple~
she/they/fae
ENFP
Pisces
Shadow
BWGQXgh.png 0 FFaGQFw.png
rabies banner: gutweed
0 BWGQXgh.png
pings are ok!
@MythicalCookie

Is your prompt referring to a specific myth/tale or is it just an idea for anybody to spin off of?
@MythicalCookie

Is your prompt referring to a specific myth/tale or is it just an idea for anybody to spin off of?
@Kumie
Not referring to any tale. Just write anything inspired from the idea. Thanks for asking.
@Kumie
Not referring to any tale. Just write anything inspired from the idea. Thanks for asking.
MythicalCookie.png
@MythicalCookie, I guess the deadline should extend a bit longer, huh? ^^; Since no one else has written...
@MythicalCookie, I guess the deadline should extend a bit longer, huh? ^^; Since no one else has written...
~Purple~
she/they/fae
ENFP
Pisces
Shadow
0 BWGQXgh.png
pings are ok!
@thePurple
You can continue with the next prompt. I really doubt any more entries are going to be made.

Anyways it was lovely reading your work. I loved how there was no dialogue, just imagery and actions. It's easy to understand their feelings throughout the story with just their actions such as the fish retreating. It was interesting being able to understand the feelings of being nervous and hesitant at first due to their race but then seeing them finally feeling comfortable with each other. It was an enjoyble cute story to read.
@thePurple
You can continue with the next prompt. I really doubt any more entries are going to be made.

Anyways it was lovely reading your work. I loved how there was no dialogue, just imagery and actions. It's easy to understand their feelings throughout the story with just their actions such as the fish retreating. It was interesting being able to understand the feelings of being nervous and hesitant at first due to their race but then seeing them finally feeling comfortable with each other. It was an enjoyble cute story to read.
MythicalCookie.png
Thank you for your kind words!!! <3

Teeny Tiny Pinglist:
@Tacodoodle @coyearth @nemodave @Jadebird @favvn @Crazyraspberry @helforestwitch @SeaSweptDreams @Winterreise @agateflame @Rosoidela @REDandYELLOWZ @PhoenixMiko @ErinQuotefinder @Holes @Midgardian @fabro @Dragonclaw101 @MissFortune17 @Lolliipop @luckgandor @frootz @Gannet @riseandshine @WithoutBounds @Artificiary @Slayborn @demonslayr62 @Xayxayx @SpiderLondon @Lastwords @Aphelium @elainexcupcake @PurpleHibiscus @inn @Astomnus @bcrush @Saraceaser @dragonfarmer @Drusha @MisfitsLanding @elthemar @StillInvincible @FireMaster101 @Crumbleless @Oranitha @Tempestral @humanityxpeople @Chrisondra @Karika @Skyeset @PixieKnight3264 @Mypilot @SamIamLuvDov @tsugumi @Reiyn @TheElfDruid @Adaris @Synzia @Elroth @Retof @SocialBookWorm @uhhjoyce27 @Luca20 @unsolved @KnightVanguard @Lightshadow101 @changelingstar @Stoat @MusicalAnimac @StormDragon21 @lessthan3 @Draxia @quilliper @frostt @Ketsui @Restless @misericordieuse @fitz @Arithelia @SkyTreader197 @AzulineDream @KhajiitHasWares @Crysi102 @Cevanari @CloverGaming @Auraelia @MultiFandomist @melbelletrend @LapisDragon17718 @ArcticFire @Eurydise @Scorpicat10 @HuskyLove @Jennaflare @SpectralRose @Scile301 @Mochaccino @Gusted @Awe @MajesticalNoodle @LadyRandomizer @SixCrows @Kumie @Alvis @highprince @Zozilla @ImagineIf @Hawktalon @PopatoPips @Shaide @Read @Stormwing27 @sane @Holi @feralchungus @Permyriad @RainingAcid @Toonetta @Sharpjay217 @Xumbre @globetrottr @GreatLordHades @Epik @BokuHiro6 @Maiafay @carddev @ChihoriAnigma @TheRunawayRaven @Incand3scent @Mukti @Greyh0und @Chicoatl @TwilightDreams @MitraSunshine @Nintendoreos @KrazKitCat @Starwindrider @ShinyDecidueye @stanlley @moontea @Spacefruit @CrimsonDragon @mischiefsabre @Elakair @Evolve @Prospit @Emberlight @Chessboard @Rainpetal @Snapshadow @dejanuation @CrystalPeacock @monochromia @BerryWing @Mediaeumbra @vimai @Littlepotato711 @GlitchedFox @Springbok @xAstrophel @SpiderQueen8 @vibranium @GadzooksTD @NMidNight @Kakushigo @MythicalCookie @magxctrick @CaTYstrophe @ofkismetandkalon @Jade93 @Frolen @Slaytheist @Zweilei @QUACK2 @Tinyparrot @LionHeart27 @CatInDisguise @LittleRain @Bluwingskitty @TastyPastry @ithika @FallenEclipse

Hello all! In honor of MCR's announced reunion, bless my emo heart, here's your prompt!

"Never let them take the light behind your eyes."
{"The Light Behind Your Eyes" - My Chemical Romance}

Deadline: November 14, 11:59 FRT :3
Thank you for your kind words!!! <3

Teeny Tiny Pinglist:
@Tacodoodle @coyearth @nemodave @Jadebird @favvn @Crazyraspberry @helforestwitch @SeaSweptDreams @Winterreise @agateflame @Rosoidela @REDandYELLOWZ @PhoenixMiko @ErinQuotefinder @Holes @Midgardian @fabro @Dragonclaw101 @MissFortune17 @Lolliipop @luckgandor @frootz @Gannet @riseandshine @WithoutBounds @Artificiary @Slayborn @demonslayr62 @Xayxayx @SpiderLondon @Lastwords @Aphelium @elainexcupcake @PurpleHibiscus @inn @Astomnus @bcrush @Saraceaser @dragonfarmer @Drusha @MisfitsLanding @elthemar @StillInvincible @FireMaster101 @Crumbleless @Oranitha @Tempestral @humanityxpeople @Chrisondra @Karika @Skyeset @PixieKnight3264 @Mypilot @SamIamLuvDov @tsugumi @Reiyn @TheElfDruid @Adaris @Synzia @Elroth @Retof @SocialBookWorm @uhhjoyce27 @Luca20 @unsolved @KnightVanguard @Lightshadow101 @changelingstar @Stoat @MusicalAnimac @StormDragon21 @lessthan3 @Draxia @quilliper @frostt @Ketsui @Restless @misericordieuse @fitz @Arithelia @SkyTreader197 @AzulineDream @KhajiitHasWares @Crysi102 @Cevanari @CloverGaming @Auraelia @MultiFandomist @melbelletrend @LapisDragon17718 @ArcticFire @Eurydise @Scorpicat10 @HuskyLove @Jennaflare @SpectralRose @Scile301 @Mochaccino @Gusted @Awe @MajesticalNoodle @LadyRandomizer @SixCrows @Kumie @Alvis @highprince @Zozilla @ImagineIf @Hawktalon @PopatoPips @Shaide @Read @Stormwing27 @sane @Holi @feralchungus @Permyriad @RainingAcid @Toonetta @Sharpjay217 @Xumbre @globetrottr @GreatLordHades @Epik @BokuHiro6 @Maiafay @carddev @ChihoriAnigma @TheRunawayRaven @Incand3scent @Mukti @Greyh0und @Chicoatl @TwilightDreams @MitraSunshine @Nintendoreos @KrazKitCat @Starwindrider @ShinyDecidueye @stanlley @moontea @Spacefruit @CrimsonDragon @mischiefsabre @Elakair @Evolve @Prospit @Emberlight @Chessboard @Rainpetal @Snapshadow @dejanuation @CrystalPeacock @monochromia @BerryWing @Mediaeumbra @vimai @Littlepotato711 @GlitchedFox @Springbok @xAstrophel @SpiderQueen8 @vibranium @GadzooksTD @NMidNight @Kakushigo @MythicalCookie @magxctrick @CaTYstrophe @ofkismetandkalon @Jade93 @Frolen @Slaytheist @Zweilei @QUACK2 @Tinyparrot @LionHeart27 @CatInDisguise @LittleRain @Bluwingskitty @TastyPastry @ithika @FallenEclipse

Hello all! In honor of MCR's announced reunion, bless my emo heart, here's your prompt!

"Never let them take the light behind your eyes."
{"The Light Behind Your Eyes" - My Chemical Romance}

Deadline: November 14, 11:59 FRT :3
~Purple~
she/they/fae
ENFP
Pisces
Shadow
0 BWGQXgh.png
pings are ok!
@thePurple (Gods I'm excited about MCR's reunion tour. Too bad I don't live in the states. Anyway, let's give this a shot.)

"Jesse?"

I didn't recognize the voice right away, but something about it sounded familiar. Enough so that I didn't question it, didn't look up. If it was someone I knew, then I didn't want them seeing my bloodshot eyes, puffy and burning from too many tears.

"Are you okay?"

"Go away," I sniffled.

"Can I sit with you?"

I didn't answer right away and so the woman sat down next to me. I heard her jacket shifting, felt her presence next to mine. I stubbornly kept my head down, but I didn't move away either.

We sat in silence for a little bit. She spoke up first. "What happened?"

"Nothing," I muttered. "Just people in my class being stupid."

"Your friends?" The woman asked softly.

I drew further into myself, "Not really." I wasn't even sure if she heard me. I wasn't sure I wanted her to hear me.

She must have, however, as she responded after a beat, "Real friends don't treat you like that."

"I didn't say what happened yet," I said, picking at the dirt. I glanced over and saw her hand next to me. I still didn't recognize her but her voice sounded so safe, so familiar. I looked away again before my gaze reached her face.

"Just guessing," she said, a little apologetic. "What happened?" she asked again.

This time, I sighed and answered truthfully. "They were making fun of me. Said my clothes were dumb, said my hair was ugly. Stupid stuff. Stupid insults." I felt tears well up again.

The mystery woman sighed, "It's not stupid."

"You're just saying that."

"I'm not," she insisted. "Things will get better, I promise."

I picked at a scab until it started to hurt, my eyes stung. "How do you know?"

She hummed in thought, a little tune that reminded me of the lullaby my mom used to sing to me. "Because I was once a little girl like you." She said at last.

"A little girl, who worried about my appearance, and school, and what other people thought of me. And then I was a teenager, who was sad all the time and scared to mess up. After that, I became a young lady who realised that none of that mattered if I worked hard. And now I'm a woman, with a little house and a lovely wife, two adorable puppies and a job as a teacher."

I smiled a little, "I want to be a teacher when I grow up."

As I said that, I could have sworn she whispered, 'I know,' but it was so quiet I thought I must have imagined it. "I like puppies too," I added.

She laughed softly, "Puppies are nice."

I hesitated and then, "I think I'd like to have a girlfriend."

"Just be patient, one day you will." She sounded so sure, I almost believed her. And then I remembered why I was here, crying to a stranger and my heart crashed again. I let out a strangled sob.

Her arm shifted and then it was around my shoulders. Careful and gentle, I could easily pull away. But I didn't. "One day seems so far away."

She sighed, "It does, doesn't it. But one day could be any day. So you've got to keep on going. And before you know it, one day becomes today. Keep fighting, Jesse."

I felt her move once again. She was somewhere in front of me I think. I felt a soft hand against my chin. "And never let them take the light behind your eyes."

She lifted my head up gently and my eyes widened. I think I audibly gasped. I was staring into my own face. Just older, prettier, less scared.

Wait no, it was the other way around. I was staring at my past self. I remembered how much that day had hurt. I remembered hating everyone and everything.

I remember being okay again.

With a start, I woke up, my alarm screaming in my ears. "Rise and shine, dearest." My wife stood at the door, a beautiful smile on her face.

I sat up slowly. What a strange dream. But it was already fading from my memory so I just smiled back and my eyes lit up.

(Wow, that was long, oops. I had fun writing this one though ^-^)
@thePurple (Gods I'm excited about MCR's reunion tour. Too bad I don't live in the states. Anyway, let's give this a shot.)

"Jesse?"

I didn't recognize the voice right away, but something about it sounded familiar. Enough so that I didn't question it, didn't look up. If it was someone I knew, then I didn't want them seeing my bloodshot eyes, puffy and burning from too many tears.

"Are you okay?"

"Go away," I sniffled.

"Can I sit with you?"

I didn't answer right away and so the woman sat down next to me. I heard her jacket shifting, felt her presence next to mine. I stubbornly kept my head down, but I didn't move away either.

We sat in silence for a little bit. She spoke up first. "What happened?"

"Nothing," I muttered. "Just people in my class being stupid."

"Your friends?" The woman asked softly.

I drew further into myself, "Not really." I wasn't even sure if she heard me. I wasn't sure I wanted her to hear me.

She must have, however, as she responded after a beat, "Real friends don't treat you like that."

"I didn't say what happened yet," I said, picking at the dirt. I glanced over and saw her hand next to me. I still didn't recognize her but her voice sounded so safe, so familiar. I looked away again before my gaze reached her face.

"Just guessing," she said, a little apologetic. "What happened?" she asked again.

This time, I sighed and answered truthfully. "They were making fun of me. Said my clothes were dumb, said my hair was ugly. Stupid stuff. Stupid insults." I felt tears well up again.

The mystery woman sighed, "It's not stupid."

"You're just saying that."

"I'm not," she insisted. "Things will get better, I promise."

I picked at a scab until it started to hurt, my eyes stung. "How do you know?"

She hummed in thought, a little tune that reminded me of the lullaby my mom used to sing to me. "Because I was once a little girl like you." She said at last.

"A little girl, who worried about my appearance, and school, and what other people thought of me. And then I was a teenager, who was sad all the time and scared to mess up. After that, I became a young lady who realised that none of that mattered if I worked hard. And now I'm a woman, with a little house and a lovely wife, two adorable puppies and a job as a teacher."

I smiled a little, "I want to be a teacher when I grow up."

As I said that, I could have sworn she whispered, 'I know,' but it was so quiet I thought I must have imagined it. "I like puppies too," I added.

She laughed softly, "Puppies are nice."

I hesitated and then, "I think I'd like to have a girlfriend."

"Just be patient, one day you will." She sounded so sure, I almost believed her. And then I remembered why I was here, crying to a stranger and my heart crashed again. I let out a strangled sob.

Her arm shifted and then it was around my shoulders. Careful and gentle, I could easily pull away. But I didn't. "One day seems so far away."

She sighed, "It does, doesn't it. But one day could be any day. So you've got to keep on going. And before you know it, one day becomes today. Keep fighting, Jesse."

I felt her move once again. She was somewhere in front of me I think. I felt a soft hand against my chin. "And never let them take the light behind your eyes."

She lifted my head up gently and my eyes widened. I think I audibly gasped. I was staring into my own face. Just older, prettier, less scared.

Wait no, it was the other way around. I was staring at my past self. I remembered how much that day had hurt. I remembered hating everyone and everything.

I remember being okay again.

With a start, I woke up, my alarm screaming in my ears. "Rise and shine, dearest." My wife stood at the door, a beautiful smile on her face.

I sat up slowly. What a strange dream. But it was already fading from my memory so I just smiled back and my eyes lit up.

(Wow, that was long, oops. I had fun writing this one though ^-^)
ca4nyRv.png
YE53boy.png
gzlHZ53.png
DxCICZ1.png
LohCDcp.png v886aA7.png UYXZLyE.png
iJZWqi6.png

uPNWHgD.png
KRcB6uC.png
SK9eeYM.png
@thePurple

Deadline? :o
@thePurple

Deadline? :o
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
@Mypilot whoops! I'll update that now. Thank you!
@Mypilot whoops! I'll update that now. Thank you!
~Purple~
she/they/fae
ENFP
Pisces
Shadow
0 BWGQXgh.png
pings are ok!
@thePurple

I'm gonna be honest and say idk what I wrote, it just happened

It was a short walk to the garden. As Klaus left the halls of his home, sound popped into existence. It was a relief to be around the familiar buzz of insects and the gentle brush of leaves against each other in the treetops above. And there, in the garden: his love.

“I apologize for keeping you, Iris,” Klaus said, stooping low to take the fair woman’s hand in his own. “I hadn’t realized the time.”

“Oh, darling, you needn’t apologize to me.” The Iris’ voice was low and sweet, the gentle hum of bells or the murmur of a spring as it bubbled from the earth. It was like music to Klaus, and it was a relief to hear.

Smiling, Klaus gently pulled his lover to her feet. “Let us be on our way. We have much to see.”

“There is no rush,” Iris said, smoothing out the lines of her dress. “The dead do not have time to waste.”

“Of course.”

“Besides,” she continued, “I cherish our walks. Especially on this, of all days, when there is nothing else to keep you from me.” Iris took the arm that Klaus extended, looping her hand around his forearm. “It is pleasant, despite what brings us together.”

“An anniversary is nothing to fret over.” Klaus patted her hand with his right. “Even if the anniversary is for the death of a friend.”

Iris’ smile was slight. “What about two friends?” she asked, tilting her head to look up into his face. “Or three?”

Klaus laughed, quiet in the peace of the garden. “All the more reason to enjoy the pleasant day, as you so sweetly put it.” He looked down at her with sly eyes. “Our friends will not want us to grieve, would they?”

“No,” Iris hummed, “I suppose not.”

It was a short walk along the garden path, and quickly the well-manicured hedges and beautiful flower beds were replaced with foliage that could not be tamed. The trail became nothing more than a well-walked path of dirt that twisted through the trees, and only when it seemed as if the forest had swallowed them did they stop.

“Here we are.” Klaus spoke quietly, and still his voice seemed obtrusive in the unnatural silence of the forest. “A grave fit for a champion.” The words were laced with bitterness, and as they left his mouth Iris tightened her grip on his arm.

“Such sorrow, Klaus.” Her voice was chiding. She slid her hand out of his grip and stepped forward, leaves crunching underfoot. “They would not grieve for you.”

“No,” Klaus agreed softly, not moving from his spot. He dug his hands into the pockets of his coat. “When tragedy finds me, love, will you grieve then?”

Iris had crouched down, one hand brushing the old stone grave marker. She turned to look at him, golden eyes catching the glint of the setting sun. Klaus had never seen her weep.

“No,” she told him. “I wouldn’t know how.”
@thePurple

I'm gonna be honest and say idk what I wrote, it just happened

It was a short walk to the garden. As Klaus left the halls of his home, sound popped into existence. It was a relief to be around the familiar buzz of insects and the gentle brush of leaves against each other in the treetops above. And there, in the garden: his love.

“I apologize for keeping you, Iris,” Klaus said, stooping low to take the fair woman’s hand in his own. “I hadn’t realized the time.”

“Oh, darling, you needn’t apologize to me.” The Iris’ voice was low and sweet, the gentle hum of bells or the murmur of a spring as it bubbled from the earth. It was like music to Klaus, and it was a relief to hear.

Smiling, Klaus gently pulled his lover to her feet. “Let us be on our way. We have much to see.”

“There is no rush,” Iris said, smoothing out the lines of her dress. “The dead do not have time to waste.”

“Of course.”

“Besides,” she continued, “I cherish our walks. Especially on this, of all days, when there is nothing else to keep you from me.” Iris took the arm that Klaus extended, looping her hand around his forearm. “It is pleasant, despite what brings us together.”

“An anniversary is nothing to fret over.” Klaus patted her hand with his right. “Even if the anniversary is for the death of a friend.”

Iris’ smile was slight. “What about two friends?” she asked, tilting her head to look up into his face. “Or three?”

Klaus laughed, quiet in the peace of the garden. “All the more reason to enjoy the pleasant day, as you so sweetly put it.” He looked down at her with sly eyes. “Our friends will not want us to grieve, would they?”

“No,” Iris hummed, “I suppose not.”

It was a short walk along the garden path, and quickly the well-manicured hedges and beautiful flower beds were replaced with foliage that could not be tamed. The trail became nothing more than a well-walked path of dirt that twisted through the trees, and only when it seemed as if the forest had swallowed them did they stop.

“Here we are.” Klaus spoke quietly, and still his voice seemed obtrusive in the unnatural silence of the forest. “A grave fit for a champion.” The words were laced with bitterness, and as they left his mouth Iris tightened her grip on his arm.

“Such sorrow, Klaus.” Her voice was chiding. She slid her hand out of his grip and stepped forward, leaves crunching underfoot. “They would not grieve for you.”

“No,” Klaus agreed softly, not moving from his spot. He dug his hands into the pockets of his coat. “When tragedy finds me, love, will you grieve then?”

Iris had crouched down, one hand brushing the old stone grave marker. She turned to look at him, golden eyes catching the glint of the setting sun. Klaus had never seen her weep.

“No,” she told him. “I wouldn’t know how.”
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
1 2 ... 179 180 181 182 183 ... 186 187