Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | So You Think You Can Write
1 2 ... 139 140 141 142 143 ... 186 187
@coyearth
This looks fun! I might try to write something for it later but I probably won't be able to post it for a little while since I have to send my computer off to get its screen replaced in a couple of day.
@coyearth
This looks fun! I might try to write something for it later but I probably won't be able to post it for a little while since I have to send my computer off to get its screen replaced in a couple of day.
+3 FR Time
[url=]Art Shop![/url] (*under reconstruction)
Art trades (open!)

Tumblr (most active)
Insta
Artfight
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
FRSSAT2020_Banner_Btn.png
off topic but
what do we do if the winner goes offline or something? cus uhhh
off topic but
what do we do if the winner goes offline or something? cus uhhh
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
@riseandshine u gonna judge the prompt? XD u arent living up to your name rn xD ;)
@riseandshine u gonna judge the prompt? XD u arent living up to your name rn xD ;)
RkXJJ5L.png
3adgzZD.png
6Dq3jOp.png
tqGkHih.png
bYt72YT.png
AaYNmEX.png
@lessthan3
Sorry, I'm a bit slow about writing comments for everyone's pieces! Judging should be completed tomorrow.
@lessthan3
Sorry, I'm a bit slow about writing comments for everyone's pieces! Judging should be completed tomorrow.
hXx1ctn.png1st_Place.pngegkPazK.png7XI1FUO.pngzMlwDtk.png3rdterra100_by_aavanaa-db6hwka.pngVZ1FSMH.png
@riseandshine No worries, believe me I get it
@riseandshine No worries, believe me I get it
RkXJJ5L.png
3adgzZD.png
6Dq3jOp.png
tqGkHih.png
bYt72YT.png
AaYNmEX.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/jTmYSKd.png[/img][/center]
jTmYSKd.png
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
@GreatLordHades
Ooh, I do love a good twist. I didn’t guess precisely what was wrong until it was spelled-out in story, but it felt perfectly plausible because of the foreshadowing you’d done -- I really appreciate that you were able to structure it that way in so short a piece of writing.

@Dragonartist24
I figured there would probably not be a happy ending the moment coughing blood was mentioned, but the absence of Emily’s letters still instilled a creeping sense of dread, which of course paid off with the tearjerker ending. I really enjoyed your old-fashioned writing style, and the little details you used to set the time period!

@Egwu
Wow, that’s a ominous progression of events. My favourite part of this is the last letter -- the fact that it conveys everything it needs to in so few words gives it a lot of punch, and of course leaves the audience free to imagine whatever terrible fates may have befallen poor Tony.

@Mypilot
I really like your writing style -- it reminds me a bit of poetry. My favourite metaphor is “the funeral shroud of our families.” You conveyed the emotions of the writer and his descent into grief very clearly -- the letters were poignant on first readthrough and even more so once I realized who they were addressed to and where the writer was headed.

@humanityxpeople
With a beginning like “I hate you”, I just have to read your piece all the way through, if only to learn why. The writer’s voice comes across loud and clear, and her anger drips from every sentence. I find the ending pretty cathartic -- having left, Monica no longer has to answer to anyone but herself.

@lessthan3
Your piece contains only two letters, and that makes it impossible to ignore the contrast between the warm, personal letter from the doomed soldier, and the formal missive announcing his death. I find it very affecting that the first letter humanizes all the soldiers writing letters home to their families, and the second letter kills them.

@Willowfrost10
I really like how the siblings interact in your writing -- barring Olivia’s initial worry, they’re so cheerful and optimistic and obviously close to each other, which of course makes the inevitable loss more painful. The passing of the sword to Olivia at the end feels oddly fitting, but also reminds me of her warnings about war, and what might’ve been if they’d been heeded.

The next judge is @Mypilot. Backup is @Dragonartist24. Thanks for writing, everyone!
@GreatLordHades
Ooh, I do love a good twist. I didn’t guess precisely what was wrong until it was spelled-out in story, but it felt perfectly plausible because of the foreshadowing you’d done -- I really appreciate that you were able to structure it that way in so short a piece of writing.

@Dragonartist24
I figured there would probably not be a happy ending the moment coughing blood was mentioned, but the absence of Emily’s letters still instilled a creeping sense of dread, which of course paid off with the tearjerker ending. I really enjoyed your old-fashioned writing style, and the little details you used to set the time period!

@Egwu
Wow, that’s a ominous progression of events. My favourite part of this is the last letter -- the fact that it conveys everything it needs to in so few words gives it a lot of punch, and of course leaves the audience free to imagine whatever terrible fates may have befallen poor Tony.

@Mypilot
I really like your writing style -- it reminds me a bit of poetry. My favourite metaphor is “the funeral shroud of our families.” You conveyed the emotions of the writer and his descent into grief very clearly -- the letters were poignant on first readthrough and even more so once I realized who they were addressed to and where the writer was headed.

@humanityxpeople
With a beginning like “I hate you”, I just have to read your piece all the way through, if only to learn why. The writer’s voice comes across loud and clear, and her anger drips from every sentence. I find the ending pretty cathartic -- having left, Monica no longer has to answer to anyone but herself.

@lessthan3
Your piece contains only two letters, and that makes it impossible to ignore the contrast between the warm, personal letter from the doomed soldier, and the formal missive announcing his death. I find it very affecting that the first letter humanizes all the soldiers writing letters home to their families, and the second letter kills them.

@Willowfrost10
I really like how the siblings interact in your writing -- barring Olivia’s initial worry, they’re so cheerful and optimistic and obviously close to each other, which of course makes the inevitable loss more painful. The passing of the sword to Olivia at the end feels oddly fitting, but also reminds me of her warnings about war, and what might’ve been if they’d been heeded.

The next judge is @Mypilot. Backup is @Dragonartist24. Thanks for writing, everyone!
hXx1ctn.png1st_Place.pngegkPazK.png7XI1FUO.pngzMlwDtk.png3rdterra100_by_aavanaa-db6hwka.pngVZ1FSMH.png
I'm glad you liked it, I really enjoyed writing it. <3

Prompt: "I couldn't stand looking into mirrors."
Deadline: August 24th, 23:59/rollover
[Pinglist]
@Moonwater @AwkwardAngel @Tacodoodle @coyearth @nemodave @Jadebird @favvn @Crazyraspberry @helforestwitch @SeaSweptDreams @Winterreise @agateflame @Rosoidela @REDandYELLOWZ @PhoenixMiko @ErinQuotefinder @Holes @Midgardian @fabro @Dragonclaw101 @MissFortune17 @Lolliipop @luckgandor @frootz @Gannet @Sky93 @riseandshine @WithoutBounds @Artificiary @Slayborn @demonslayr62 @Xayxayx @SpiderLondon @Lastwords @Sillywinter @Aphelium @elainexcupcake @PurpleHibiscus @inn @Astomnus @bcrush @Saraceaser @dragonfarmer @Drusha @MisfitsLanding @elthemar @StillInvincible @FireMaster101 @Crumbleless @Oranitha @Tempestral @humanityxpeople @Chrisondra @Karika @Skyeset @PixieKnight3264 @Mypilot @SamIamLuvDov @tsugumi @Reiyn @TheElfDruid @Adaris @Synzia @Elroth @inthestars @Retof @SocialBookWorm @uhhjoyce27 @Luca20 @unsolved @KnightVanguard @Lightshadow101 @changelingstar @Stoat @MusicalAnimac @StormDragon21 @lessthan3 @Draxia @Solstices @quilliper @frostt @Ketsui @Restless @misericordieuse @fitz @Arithelia @SkyTreader197 @AzulineDream @KhajiitHasWares @pharmakraken @Crysi102 @Cevanari @CloverGaming @Auraelia @MultiFandomist @melbelletrend @LapisDragon17718 @saltyy @ArcticFire @Willowfrost10 @Scorpicat10 @HuskyLove @Jennaflare @SpectralRose @Scile301 @Mochaccino @Gusted @Awe @MajesticalNoodle @LadyRandomizer @SashaFiredrake @Dragonartist24 @Alvis @Monkorpio @Zozilla @ImagineIf @Hawktalon @PopatoPips @Shaide @Read @Stormwing27 @sane @Holi @feralchungus @Permyriad @RainingAcid @Toonetta @Sharpjay217 @Xumbre @globetrottr @jc836 @hyphenaddict @GreatLordHades @Epik @BokuHiro6 @Maiafay @carddev @ChihoriAnigma @TheRunawayRaven @unicornponies
I'm glad you liked it, I really enjoyed writing it. <3

Prompt: "I couldn't stand looking into mirrors."
Deadline: August 24th, 23:59/rollover
[Pinglist]
@Moonwater @AwkwardAngel @Tacodoodle @coyearth @nemodave @Jadebird @favvn @Crazyraspberry @helforestwitch @SeaSweptDreams @Winterreise @agateflame @Rosoidela @REDandYELLOWZ @PhoenixMiko @ErinQuotefinder @Holes @Midgardian @fabro @Dragonclaw101 @MissFortune17 @Lolliipop @luckgandor @frootz @Gannet @Sky93 @riseandshine @WithoutBounds @Artificiary @Slayborn @demonslayr62 @Xayxayx @SpiderLondon @Lastwords @Sillywinter @Aphelium @elainexcupcake @PurpleHibiscus @inn @Astomnus @bcrush @Saraceaser @dragonfarmer @Drusha @MisfitsLanding @elthemar @StillInvincible @FireMaster101 @Crumbleless @Oranitha @Tempestral @humanityxpeople @Chrisondra @Karika @Skyeset @PixieKnight3264 @Mypilot @SamIamLuvDov @tsugumi @Reiyn @TheElfDruid @Adaris @Synzia @Elroth @inthestars @Retof @SocialBookWorm @uhhjoyce27 @Luca20 @unsolved @KnightVanguard @Lightshadow101 @changelingstar @Stoat @MusicalAnimac @StormDragon21 @lessthan3 @Draxia @Solstices @quilliper @frostt @Ketsui @Restless @misericordieuse @fitz @Arithelia @SkyTreader197 @AzulineDream @KhajiitHasWares @pharmakraken @Crysi102 @Cevanari @CloverGaming @Auraelia @MultiFandomist @melbelletrend @LapisDragon17718 @saltyy @ArcticFire @Willowfrost10 @Scorpicat10 @HuskyLove @Jennaflare @SpectralRose @Scile301 @Mochaccino @Gusted @Awe @MajesticalNoodle @LadyRandomizer @SashaFiredrake @Dragonartist24 @Alvis @Monkorpio @Zozilla @ImagineIf @Hawktalon @PopatoPips @Shaide @Read @Stormwing27 @sane @Holi @feralchungus @Permyriad @RainingAcid @Toonetta @Sharpjay217 @Xumbre @globetrottr @jc836 @hyphenaddict @GreatLordHades @Epik @BokuHiro6 @Maiafay @carddev @ChihoriAnigma @TheRunawayRaven @unicornponies
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
Chris was an odd man who claimed to be able to manipulate mirrors. I don't know how, but I fell for him. Was it his manipulation skills? A longing for a friend? My own blindness? I didn't know. All I know was that I fell for him.
He kept me in a peculiar dimension he only referred to as the Mirror's Realm. It was a chaotic, ever changing environment that Chris called his home. He would never let me out to see the outside world, no matter how much I wished to.
Of course, he tried to use my own abilities to his advantage. He used me as a tool to carry out his dirty work, giving me the mark of an eye on my forehead to signify that I was his. He lured me into a false sense of security, that I would be safer with him than with anyone else. I believed it, of course, since he was the only thing that had accepted me for who I was.
That was the biggest mistake I had ever made.
Chris eventually became more possessive of me, threatening to cut off my limbs should I ever leave his side. He wasn't all threatening and straight to the point, however. He would also prod at my own insecurities, making me feel worthless, that I couldn't do anything without him. At some point, I did escape from him. I knew that this would anger him greatly, and even then, Chris wouldn't leave. I couldn't escape.
He would always be watching through that horrid third eye, and even through mirrors I looked into. Always watching. Always listening.
I couldn't stand looking into mirrors. I knew that Chris would be staring back.
have this wonderful crapsterpiece
Chris was an odd man who claimed to be able to manipulate mirrors. I don't know how, but I fell for him. Was it his manipulation skills? A longing for a friend? My own blindness? I didn't know. All I know was that I fell for him.
He kept me in a peculiar dimension he only referred to as the Mirror's Realm. It was a chaotic, ever changing environment that Chris called his home. He would never let me out to see the outside world, no matter how much I wished to.
Of course, he tried to use my own abilities to his advantage. He used me as a tool to carry out his dirty work, giving me the mark of an eye on my forehead to signify that I was his. He lured me into a false sense of security, that I would be safer with him than with anyone else. I believed it, of course, since he was the only thing that had accepted me for who I was.
That was the biggest mistake I had ever made.
Chris eventually became more possessive of me, threatening to cut off my limbs should I ever leave his side. He wasn't all threatening and straight to the point, however. He would also prod at my own insecurities, making me feel worthless, that I couldn't do anything without him. At some point, I did escape from him. I knew that this would anger him greatly, and even then, Chris wouldn't leave. I couldn't escape.
He would always be watching through that horrid third eye, and even through mirrors I looked into. Always watching. Always listening.
I couldn't stand looking into mirrors. I knew that Chris would be staring back.
have this wonderful crapsterpiece
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
@Mypilot hey there lil mama lemme whisper into your ear
did i do this rite- ive never joined in on prompts before .//violin

It felt like everywhere a mirror was, something watched. Otherworldly perhaps, shiver down my spine and goosebumps on my arms, hair raised on the back of my neck. Hackles raised like a dog; it made me defensive.

From the corner of my eyes I could sometimes just see the presence in glass, yet I’d whip my head for a better view and nothing; no one was there.

At the start I thought it was a joke. I’d yell and shout at my friends and all they would do would laugh and laugh with no care in the world, but that.. Was a joke in itself.

I thought they would quit with their torment, but it continued on and on until I learned never did they really exist.They were all just simple manifestations. Shadow creatures that had sentience beyond a simple thing, and I only knew simply because of the glimpses I got.

How much trouble I was in for that one mistake. I could laugh myself to Hell with a cackle and bruising scars. I was scared, my blood was running cold and there were tears in my eyes, I was shivering like a newborn baby with no control of my emotions at all.

Their steps were like creaks of a rickety floor and everywhere they went tar sludged off them with squelching sounds, they were foul things. Their arms were bent backwards and scraped against the floor leaving a trail, their head looked as if it was twisted upside down.

They looked to surreal; an abstract painting that should of stayed in its painting.

That wish came true and so did the price.

Bit by bit.

Kick after kick.

There was no escape.

But that’s a lie isn’t it..

I looked into the mirror frightened, and deeply did it feel as if my whole self was torn apart.
@Mypilot hey there lil mama lemme whisper into your ear
did i do this rite- ive never joined in on prompts before .//violin

It felt like everywhere a mirror was, something watched. Otherworldly perhaps, shiver down my spine and goosebumps on my arms, hair raised on the back of my neck. Hackles raised like a dog; it made me defensive.

From the corner of my eyes I could sometimes just see the presence in glass, yet I’d whip my head for a better view and nothing; no one was there.

At the start I thought it was a joke. I’d yell and shout at my friends and all they would do would laugh and laugh with no care in the world, but that.. Was a joke in itself.

I thought they would quit with their torment, but it continued on and on until I learned never did they really exist.They were all just simple manifestations. Shadow creatures that had sentience beyond a simple thing, and I only knew simply because of the glimpses I got.

How much trouble I was in for that one mistake. I could laugh myself to Hell with a cackle and bruising scars. I was scared, my blood was running cold and there were tears in my eyes, I was shivering like a newborn baby with no control of my emotions at all.

Their steps were like creaks of a rickety floor and everywhere they went tar sludged off them with squelching sounds, they were foul things. Their arms were bent backwards and scraped against the floor leaving a trail, their head looked as if it was twisted upside down.

They looked to surreal; an abstract painting that should of stayed in its painting.

That wish came true and so did the price.

Bit by bit.

Kick after kick.

There was no escape.

But that’s a lie isn’t it..

I looked into the mirror frightened, and deeply did it feel as if my whole self was torn apart.
1 2 ... 139 140 141 142 143 ... 186 187