Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | So You Think You Can Write
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 186 187
Hello everyone~. I need some inspiration to write, so I figure I'd try a fun writing game here. I was introduced to it quite a while ago on a website similar to this (fine, you got me, it was Neopets) and I just wanted to see if it would catch on here.

The rules are simple: There's a judge and a bunch of writers. The judge gives out a prompt, be it a word or two, a sentence, a song lyric, a picture, etc. The writers will then write for ten minutes, interpreting the prompt how they wish. Two days after the prompt is posted (or earlier if all of the responses are turned in before then, the judge picks a winner, who is then the next judge, and an alternate winner in case the winner does not announce a new winner two days after all of the entrees have been submitted.

There are no limitations to what you can write as long as they follow FlightRising guidelines. If you are writing something that could potentially trigger someone, please add a content warning at the top of the post!

There's no number limit, so if you come in the middle of a round, feel free to post as well as long as the judge hasn't picked a winner yet! There is no need to ask to join. Everyone is welcome! You can just go ahead and post your story for the current round. And remember, this game is just to have fun and get those creative juices flowing!

Current prompt: "You are a tattoo artist that has the ability to give people powers from the tattoos you give, by using special inks."
Note: Make sure to double-check the prompt in case I cannot update this right away.

Pinglist
Here is a document where you can add your name if you with to be ping'd at the beginning of every round!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ieIG68mnSQzG5Q3pG93fR_QmcDeJIcrOYFPafqrttVg/edit?pref=2&pli=1
Hello everyone~. I need some inspiration to write, so I figure I'd try a fun writing game here. I was introduced to it quite a while ago on a website similar to this (fine, you got me, it was Neopets) and I just wanted to see if it would catch on here.

The rules are simple: There's a judge and a bunch of writers. The judge gives out a prompt, be it a word or two, a sentence, a song lyric, a picture, etc. The writers will then write for ten minutes, interpreting the prompt how they wish. Two days after the prompt is posted (or earlier if all of the responses are turned in before then, the judge picks a winner, who is then the next judge, and an alternate winner in case the winner does not announce a new winner two days after all of the entrees have been submitted.

There are no limitations to what you can write as long as they follow FlightRising guidelines. If you are writing something that could potentially trigger someone, please add a content warning at the top of the post!

There's no number limit, so if you come in the middle of a round, feel free to post as well as long as the judge hasn't picked a winner yet! There is no need to ask to join. Everyone is welcome! You can just go ahead and post your story for the current round. And remember, this game is just to have fun and get those creative juices flowing!

Current prompt: "You are a tattoo artist that has the ability to give people powers from the tattoos you give, by using special inks."
Note: Make sure to double-check the prompt in case I cannot update this right away.

Pinglist
Here is a document where you can add your name if you with to be ping'd at the beginning of every round!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ieIG68mnSQzG5Q3pG93fR_QmcDeJIcrOYFPafqrttVg/edit?pref=2&pli=1
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
~L. Frank Baum
Alright, thought I'd try. :)
Alright, thought I'd try. :)
~L. Frank Baum
@coyearth I'm think I'm going to join this.
What's with the second post?
@coyearth I'm think I'm going to join this.
What's with the second post?
@coyearth
Sounds like a fun activity, I love to write! Please ping me when it begins :)
@coyearth
Sounds like a fun activity, I love to write! Please ping me when it begins :)
hdEgTfF.gif5caOtnS.gifTvGyETb.gif
@Nightshade72 @Tacodoodle

Ah, I thought no one would be interested. I'm glad you guys are. :3 If you want we can start with just two people, or we can wait for a third.
@Nightshade72 @Tacodoodle

Ah, I thought no one would be interested. I'm glad you guys are. :3 If you want we can start with just two people, or we can wait for a third.
~L. Frank Baum
@coyearth ooo this looks interesting. id like to join as well ^u^
@coyearth ooo this looks interesting. id like to join as well ^u^
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bleeding Heart Crow she/her.xvi.gemini
Yay~. Once the other two are back I'll start the first round!
Yay~. Once the other two are back I'll start the first round!
~L. Frank Baum
alright, great ^_^
alright, great ^_^
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bleeding Heart Crow she/her.xvi.gemini
@coyearth
Should we start? I'm excited :D
@coyearth
Should we start? I'm excited :D
hdEgTfF.gif5caOtnS.gifTvGyETb.gif
Alright, I'll post the prompt at :44 and you can start writing at :45 until :50. :3 Nighshade, if you come during, feel free to wait for the next prompt!
Alright, I'll post the prompt at :44 and you can start writing at :45 until :50. :3 Nighshade, if you come during, feel free to wait for the next prompt!
~L. Frank Baum
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 186 187