Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Amitola Clan Lore
This thread will be where I keep lore about my clan as a whole. I'm a fairly short-winded writer who tends to think things up as I go, so this will most likely be expanded progressively as I continue through writing the lore.

I know the way magic works in my lair doesn't obey canon and frankly I don't care because it's more fun this way lol

- The Heartwood
- Mountainhome
- More to come!
This thread will be where I keep lore about my clan as a whole. I'm a fairly short-winded writer who tends to think things up as I go, so this will most likely be expanded progressively as I continue through writing the lore.

I know the way magic works in my lair doesn't obey canon and frankly I don't care because it's more fun this way lol

- The Heartwood
- Mountainhome
- More to come!
KTRqLr.gif dHC8aP1.png
CioCFC3.png
or7Yz8j.png
jA5A7gu.png
bYt72YT.png
2VtxnMX.png
PpMY10h.png
mlHpBMC.png
KTRLDg.png
[center][size=7][font=Century Gothic]THE HEARTWOOD[/font][/size] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/7nZOGyT.png[/img][nextcol] A massive log believed to have come from the Viridian Labyrinth, the Heartwood was where Syo and Vanekix first made their home in the Tangled Wood. Whittling out its inside and producing tunnels within, the two of them slowly expanded the enormous log into a relatively small- but comfortable- home. It was lit from inside by the Wood's native glowing mushrooms, and each dragon had their own room. With time, the dragons realized that there wouldn't be enough room within the log itself, and using smaller pieces of driftwood from around the riverbed, they constructed a progressively expanding balcony atop the log. The largest dragons lived in the cleared area around the log, as they could not fit inside. Expansions were slow as the dragons didn't gather much treasure, but all was well for quite a while. The day that Penk felt an urge to move to the Starfall Isles brought a fair bit of worry among most of the lair's dragons. What would they do with the Heartwood? They'd lived there for so long that it would be hard to part with it. While the clan pondered what to do and wondered if they would have to leave their home behind, it was Gwava who hatched a plan. As an imperial, she could potentially carry the log to their new home with help from other large dragons, like Senka or Vanna! And so it was. As Penk's wanderlust carried the clan to their new home in the Starfall Isles, the Heartwood was carried along with them, held aloft by Gwava and Senka. It now floats in the air around their new home in the Crystalspine Reaches, and several of the older dragons still live within its wooden heart. The lair's vault is also here, hidden beneath a trap-door that only Vanekix knows the location of.[/columns]
THE HEARTWOOD
7nZOGyT.png A massive log believed to have come from the Viridian Labyrinth, the Heartwood was where Syo and Vanekix first made their home in the Tangled Wood. Whittling out its inside and producing tunnels within, the two of them slowly expanded the enormous log into a relatively small- but comfortable- home. It was lit from inside by the Wood's native glowing mushrooms, and each dragon had their own room. With time, the dragons realized that there wouldn't be enough room within the log itself, and using smaller pieces of driftwood from around the riverbed, they constructed a progressively expanding balcony atop the log. The largest dragons lived in the cleared area around the log, as they could not fit inside. Expansions were slow as the dragons didn't gather much treasure, but all was well for quite a while.

The day that Penk felt an urge to move to the Starfall Isles brought a fair bit of worry among most of the lair's dragons. What would they do with the Heartwood? They'd lived there for so long that it would be hard to part with it. While the clan pondered what to do and wondered if they would have to leave their home behind, it was Gwava who hatched a plan. As an imperial, she could potentially carry the log to their new home with help from other large dragons, like Senka or Vanna!

And so it was. As Penk's wanderlust carried the clan to their new home in the Starfall Isles, the Heartwood was carried along with them, held aloft by Gwava and Senka. It now floats in the air around their new home in the Crystalspine Reaches, and several of the older dragons still live within its wooden heart.

The lair's vault is also here, hidden beneath a trap-door that only Vanekix knows the location of.
KTRqLr.gif dHC8aP1.png
CioCFC3.png
or7Yz8j.png
jA5A7gu.png
bYt72YT.png
2VtxnMX.png
PpMY10h.png
mlHpBMC.png
KTRLDg.png
[center][size=7][font=Century Gothic]MOUNTAINHOME[/font][/size] [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/Qx6j0ju.png[/img][nextcol] For a fair chunk of its time, the Amitola clan lived in the Tangled Wood, within and around the Heartwood. That all changed when Penk felt something deep in his core; a strange feeling he'd never quite experienced before. He had been dreaming of a place he'd never seen, but wanted to know. Massive, curved pink spires towered into the heavens, and he stood upon an island of floating earth, miles above the sea below. Sounds like windchimes and whispers carried in the wind, and he felt oddly at peace. One morning, a dragon with light pink feathers and bright pink eyes arrived in the clan. Her name was Antheia, and she seemed very pleasant and happy to play with the other dragons in the lair. She seemed most attached to Penk, and followed him wherever he went. As Antheia grew and Penk's mysterious wanderlust grew with it, the two grew closer and one day, Penk asked her a question. "My eyes? They're the color of the Arcane flight, aren't they? Why do you ask?" "...Well, I've been having pretty weird dreams lately. I've been dreaming that I've been on a floating island in the middle of some pink mountains...It sort of feels peaceful there. I like it a lot." "Oh, sounds like the Starfall Isles to me! That's a weird dream, though. Why do you think you're having it?" And that's when Penk put the pieces together. The Starfall isles! That's what he'd been dreaming of! He must have felt so at peace in his dreams because that's where he wanted to be. The Isles were calling to him...and now he wanted to go there for real. So over a few weeks, he began preparations to move. Everyone noticed, and concern rose high. They had grown deeply attached to their home, and now Penk wanted to move flights! What could they possibly do to stop him? In the end, the move happened anyway, and Penk and Antheia led them all to their new home in the Crystalspine Reaches. The clan now lives in a massive network of tunnels in the chalcedony walls of their mountain home, with each dragon having a room to themselves, connected to a large communal room in the center of the mountain. The lair is lit by numerous crystal lamps hanging from the ceiling, enchanted by Senka and Bergamot together. Each room in the lair has a differently-colored lamp depending on the dragon's home flight. The clan's hoard is within Mountainhome, and is a large offshoot of Penk's room.[/columns]
MOUNTAINHOME
Qx6j0ju.png For a fair chunk of its time, the Amitola clan lived in the Tangled Wood, within and around the Heartwood. That all changed when Penk felt something deep in his core; a strange feeling he'd never quite experienced before. He had been dreaming of a place he'd never seen, but wanted to know. Massive, curved pink spires towered into the heavens, and he stood upon an island of floating earth, miles above the sea below. Sounds like windchimes and whispers carried in the wind, and he felt oddly at peace.

One morning, a dragon with light pink feathers and bright pink eyes arrived in the clan. Her name was Antheia, and she seemed very pleasant and happy to play with the other dragons in the lair. She seemed most attached to Penk, and followed him wherever he went. As Antheia grew and Penk's mysterious wanderlust grew with it, the two grew closer and one day, Penk asked her a question.

"My eyes? They're the color of the Arcane flight, aren't they? Why do you ask?"
"...Well, I've been having pretty weird dreams lately. I've been dreaming that I've been on a floating island in the middle of some pink mountains...It sort of feels peaceful there. I like it a lot."
"Oh, sounds like the Starfall Isles to me! That's a weird dream, though. Why do you think you're having it?"

And that's when Penk put the pieces together. The Starfall isles! That's what he'd been dreaming of! He must have felt so at peace in his dreams because that's where he wanted to be. The Isles were calling to him...and now he wanted to go there for real. So over a few weeks, he began preparations to move. Everyone noticed, and concern rose high. They had grown deeply attached to their home, and now Penk wanted to move flights! What could they possibly do to stop him?

In the end, the move happened anyway, and Penk and Antheia led them all to their new home in the Crystalspine Reaches. The clan now lives in a massive network of tunnels in the chalcedony walls of their mountain home, with each dragon having a room to themselves, connected to a large communal room in the center of the mountain. The lair is lit by numerous crystal lamps hanging from the ceiling, enchanted by Senka and Bergamot together. Each room in the lair has a differently-colored lamp depending on the dragon's home flight.

The clan's hoard is within Mountainhome, and is a large offshoot of Penk's room.
KTRqLr.gif dHC8aP1.png
CioCFC3.png
or7Yz8j.png
jA5A7gu.png
bYt72YT.png
2VtxnMX.png
PpMY10h.png
mlHpBMC.png
KTRLDg.png
Reserved
Reserved
KTRqLr.gif dHC8aP1.png