Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Artifact Recovery and Reassembly
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24
@Vely *jawdrop* No way! Oh my gosh, thank you so much!

... "Disembodied glowing head" sounds less soothing than it was in my imagination. XD
@Vely *jawdrop* No way! Oh my gosh, thank you so much!

... "Disembodied glowing head" sounds less soothing than it was in my imagination. XD
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
The solemn Imperial pacing among the docks slows as he approaches the stand, and his eyes sharpen keenly. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24228784] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/242288/24228784_350.png[/img] [/url] He lightly touches the granite chunks, then spies the Light Runestone -- and very slowly and calmly, without any sudden movements, picks it up without asking and moves it to the opposite end of the table from the Living Sculpture. "That's better," he says, with a long breath he seems to have been holding. "Have you seen one of these before? They're more common in Beastclan sites, but not unknown in draconian ones -- I suspect we got the idea from them. "This sculpture would have originally been equipped with these fangs, mortared into its jaw to give it a stronger bite -- and the spirit of the chimera they came from, welded by weird and wildling magics into a tortured assemblage of souls. This broken granite -- once it's reassembled -- I have a notion it might show the features of yet another creature. It's the combination, you see, that makes the power. "Not every mix works. But the emergent property is a Living Sculpture with its marble limbs animated by the spirits of many kinds of familiars, activated by this bas-relief plaque -- once, probably, it was attached to a lever that would release an activation agent. The Facetinian monograph on the subject suggests it was ground Pearlcatcher pearls: the memories they contained. Kidnapped hatchlings are thought to have been the source of them for the Beastclans. In draconian sites, we can't altogether rule out the possibility that they were martyrs, or volunteers. "What that agent truly was ... well, it was sufficient to bring the dreadful fusion to life. A fearsome guardian. A terrible creation. And a dreadful threat to the unwary." In a pained tone, he concludes, "I really can't recommend putting this back together. And I must suggest that the Light Rune be kept away from the Living Sculpture it's keyed to. It's the Light Rune that binds the whole thing together, you know. Even that might be enough to revive it! And with so many little hiccu -- that is, with so many Pearlcatchers around, it's too much of a risk." He looks suddenly wistful. "Although ... if it were properly contained. Maybe we could talk to it. Ask it what it's seen. What it knows of our history. Wouldn't that be wonderful?"
The solemn Imperial pacing among the docks slows as he approaches the stand, and his eyes sharpen keenly.

24228784_350.png

He lightly touches the granite chunks, then spies the Light Runestone -- and very slowly and calmly, without any sudden movements, picks it up without asking and moves it to the opposite end of the table from the Living Sculpture.

"That's better," he says, with a long breath he seems to have been holding. "Have you seen one of these before? They're more common in Beastclan sites, but not unknown in draconian ones -- I suspect we got the idea from them.

"This sculpture would have originally been equipped with these fangs, mortared into its jaw to give it a stronger bite -- and the spirit of the chimera they came from, welded by weird and wildling magics into a tortured assemblage of souls. This broken granite -- once it's reassembled -- I have a notion it might show the features of yet another creature. It's the combination, you see, that makes the power.

"Not every mix works. But the emergent property is a Living Sculpture with its marble limbs animated by the spirits of many kinds of familiars, activated by this bas-relief plaque -- once, probably, it was attached to a lever that would release an activation agent. The Facetinian monograph on the subject suggests it was ground Pearlcatcher pearls: the memories they contained. Kidnapped hatchlings are thought to have been the source of them for the Beastclans. In draconian sites, we can't altogether rule out the possibility that they were martyrs, or volunteers.

"What that agent truly was ... well, it was sufficient to bring the dreadful fusion to life. A fearsome guardian. A terrible creation. And a dreadful threat to the unwary."

In a pained tone, he concludes, "I really can't recommend putting this back together. And I must suggest that the Light Rune be kept away from the Living Sculpture it's keyed to. It's the Light Rune that binds the whole thing together, you know. Even that might be enough to revive it! And with so many little hiccu -- that is, with so many Pearlcatchers around, it's too much of a risk."

He looks suddenly wistful. "Although ... if it were properly contained. Maybe we could talk to it. Ask it what it's seen. What it knows of our history. Wouldn't that be wonderful?"
d68awk1.pnggnImhnO.pngHNETOrN.png
[b]June 21th entry[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24454312] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/244544/24454312_350.png[/img] [/url] Abraham had taken upon him the task to train the young dragons of his Clan to be mighty and powerful warriors. It was a dreadfully exhausting task—especially when he had to go out in the fields with those two rascals, Helios and Weave. Today, however, Adam—the very leader of his Clan—had given him a day off. This day he spent roaming around at the local market place: some interesting stuff could always be found there. [item=living sculpture] The Living Sculpture caught his attention as he swept his eyes over the various stones and trinkets that were placed nicely upon the market stand. Its state was downright terrific: no dents, no smudges, much unlike the bust Helios had returned with the other day. [item=light runestone] Next to it was laid a glowing runestone: upon in depicted the signature of the Lightweaver. Abraham felt somewhat proud, peering at it, for he himself was in fact a Light dragon. [item=chimera fangs] The item, however, he decided to buy and take home that day, were the fangs: seemingly made of stone, they made a very nice addition to his collection of Rather Useless Items (which Adam had frowned upon various times, but Abraham wasn't a dragon to fool around with. Not quite). There was a nice plus to them, as well: when he put the fangs in his mouth and sneaked upon those cocky apprentices of his, they jumped up a good few metres and ran away, crying as though a vampire was hunting them down!
June 21th entry

24454312_350.png

Abraham had taken upon him the task to train the young dragons of his Clan to be mighty and powerful warriors. It was a dreadfully exhausting task—especially when he had to go out in the fields with those two rascals, Helios and Weave.
Today, however, Adam—the very leader of his Clan—had given him a day off. This day he spent roaming around at the local market place: some interesting stuff could always be found there.
Living Sculpture The Living Sculpture caught his attention as he swept his eyes over the various stones and trinkets that were placed nicely upon the market stand. Its state was downright terrific: no dents, no smudges, much unlike the bust Helios had returned with the other day.
Light Runestone Next to it was laid a glowing runestone: upon in depicted the signature of the Lightweaver. Abraham felt somewhat proud, peering at it, for he himself was in fact a Light dragon.
Chimera Fangs The item, however, he decided to buy and take home that day, were the fangs: seemingly made of stone, they made a very nice addition to his collection of Rather Useless Items (which Adam had frowned upon various times, but Abraham wasn't a dragon to fool around with. Not quite). There was a nice plus to them, as well: when he put the fangs in his mouth and sneaked upon those cocky apprentices of his, they jumped up a good few metres and ran away, crying as though a vampire was hunting them down!
Ef84x2q.png ozDAjIE.png
znuJtTb.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=360191] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/3602/360191_350.png[/img] [/url] "I might have an answer," Twilight stated. "I think these artifacts tell the story of an old golem made of granite and animated by magic. " She showed those listening her sketch of the golem: http://talicinx.deviantart.com/art/1466544798215-1241331503-616827351 "Please pardon my poor artistic skills". (The symbol on the golem'so chest is supposed to be the light emblem)

360191_350.png

"I might have an answer," Twilight stated. "I think these artifacts tell the story of an old golem made of granite and animated by magic. " She showed those listening her sketch of the golem:

http://talicinx.deviantart.com/art/1466544798215-1241331503-616827351

"Please pardon my poor artistic skills".

(The symbol on the golem'so chest is supposed to be the light emblem)
1Tdrm4y.pngo3rXXkG.gif
@Vely I can't believe I actually won something. Thank you very much! [center][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/31b2d4e0dcedff20db557bf5c4ee1db4/tumblr_inline_o25fwvsKVT1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23044890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230449/23044890_350.png[/img] [/url] "See, Donalbain? We got a lobster, and we did not break any of the Terms and Agreements." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24160581] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/241606/24160581_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh who cares? No one ever reads that stuff anyways. Plus, look at how cute she is! Wiggle your claws at papa!" Donalbain moves his face closer to the chalcedony snipper, rolling his eyes and sticking out his tongue. The snipper proceeds to claw his face. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21958937] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/219590/21958937_350.png[/img] [/url] "That was a good show of effort, yes, but we can do better! Come now, help me figure out what this is." Miranda holds the living sculpture with one hand, careful to keep the spear away from her face. The statue used splash. But nothing happened. Once again, Cymbeline's face lights up in recognition, "Oh! I've heard some stories about those statues during my trip to the Hewn City with Maria and Seyton. It's pretty long though. Are you sure you want to hear it?" Miranda puts the statue down, "Well, we have a few hours until rollover. Plus, this might win us something good." Cymbeline laughs nervously, "How competitive. Anyways, according to our tour guide back then, the Hewn City used to be the center of the Light Flight. It was the epitome of learning and grace, and only the top scholars and their families were allowed to inhabit the city. Back then, the city radiated with light, and runestones like the one in that pile of stuff were imbedded in all of the architecture. Some say they lined the streets with the stones. "It was dazzling. The city quickly grew to become more than a center of learning. Trade flourished, and the scholars hastily became politicians and merchants. They hoarded pile upon pile of precious gems, glittering gold, and rare exotic treasures. "To protect these hoards, and the city as well, the scholars searched for something that was expendable, that could fight, but did not have the desire to rebel. One of the scholars managed to capture many of the living sculptures that inhabited the mire. They were too fragile to guard the city, however, and some appeared to be plotting a rebellion against their captors. "So, the scholars devised a plan to fuse the statues with chimera fangs, which are extremely common in the area. By putting the statue and the fangs in the proximity of a light runestone, and muttering a fusion spell, they created mindless, ferocious creatures to guard their hordes and the City. "However, public opinion of the City and its inhabitants took a turn for the worse. The surrounding clans, and many of the dragons in Light territory, saw the City as a center of greed and materialism. They began to protest outside the City gates each day. One day, a young dragon decided to lob a stone at the guards. The ferocious monsters the scholars created to protect the City turned on the protesters, slaughtering countless dragons. The surrounding clans decided to lay siege on the City. "But, before the City was taken, it suddenly fell into the mysterious darkness that still pervades it today. The scholars fled, taking with them what they could. The avaricious stayed behind to guard their treasures, never to be heard from again. The darkness sucked away the magical glow of the runestones, reducing them to chunks of worthless granite. It's pretty incredible that this runestone managed to survive. "The magic used to fuse the sculpture and the chimera fangs together eventually wore off, and they reverted to their original components. Most of the sculptures are supposed to be dormant, according to that tour guide. Maybe this one was reactivated because of its contact with the runestone?" Cymbeline turns to Miranda, only to find her sleeping, head resting on one hand. He shakes her awake, saying, "Did you listen to my story?" Groggily, she replies, "Huh? Yeah. Totally. Pretty cool that you managed to remember all of that. I'm going to submit, ok?" Cymbeline huff indignantly, before looks around. He asks Miranda, "Hey, where's Donalbain? And the lobster that we got?" Miranda shrugs, "I was asleep remember?"
@Vely
I can't believe I actually won something. Thank you very much!
tumblr_inline_o25fwvsKVT1r3lvtf_500.png

23044890_350.png

"See, Donalbain? We got a lobster, and we did not break any of the Terms and Agreements."

24160581_350.png

"Oh who cares? No one ever reads that stuff anyways. Plus, look at how cute she is! Wiggle your claws at papa!" Donalbain moves his face closer to the chalcedony snipper, rolling his eyes and sticking out his tongue. The snipper proceeds to claw his face.

21958937_350.png

"That was a good show of effort, yes, but we can do better! Come now, help me figure out what this is."

Miranda holds the living sculpture with one hand, careful to keep the spear away from her face. The statue used splash. But nothing happened.

Once again, Cymbeline's face lights up in recognition, "Oh! I've heard some stories about those statues during my trip to the Hewn City with Maria and Seyton. It's pretty long though. Are you sure you want to hear it?"

Miranda puts the statue down, "Well, we have a few hours until rollover. Plus, this might win us something good."

Cymbeline laughs nervously, "How competitive. Anyways, according to our tour guide back then, the Hewn City used to be the center of the Light Flight. It was the epitome of learning and grace, and only the top scholars and their families were allowed to inhabit the city. Back then, the city radiated with light, and runestones like the one in that pile of stuff were imbedded in all of the architecture. Some say they lined the streets with the stones.

"It was dazzling. The city quickly grew to become more than a center of learning. Trade flourished, and the scholars hastily became politicians and merchants. They hoarded pile upon pile of precious gems, glittering gold, and rare exotic treasures.

"To protect these hoards, and the city as well, the scholars searched for something that was expendable, that could fight, but did not have the desire to rebel. One of the scholars managed to capture many of the living sculptures that inhabited the mire. They were too fragile to guard the city, however, and some appeared to be plotting a rebellion against their captors.

"So, the scholars devised a plan to fuse the statues with chimera fangs, which are extremely common in the area. By putting the statue and the fangs in the proximity of a light runestone, and muttering a fusion spell, they created mindless, ferocious creatures to guard their hordes and the City.

"However, public opinion of the City and its inhabitants took a turn for the worse. The surrounding clans, and many of the dragons in Light territory, saw the City as a center of greed and materialism. They began to protest outside the City gates each day. One day, a young dragon decided to lob a stone at the guards. The ferocious monsters the scholars created to protect the City turned on the protesters, slaughtering countless dragons. The surrounding clans decided to lay siege on the City.

"But, before the City was taken, it suddenly fell into the mysterious darkness that still pervades it today. The scholars fled, taking with them what they could. The avaricious stayed behind to guard their treasures, never to be heard from again. The darkness sucked away the magical glow of the runestones, reducing them to chunks of worthless granite. It's pretty incredible that this runestone managed to survive.

"The magic used to fuse the sculpture and the chimera fangs together eventually wore off, and they reverted to their original components. Most of the sculptures are supposed to be dormant, according to that tour guide. Maybe this one was reactivated because of its contact with the runestone?"

Cymbeline turns to Miranda, only to find her sleeping, head resting on one hand. He shakes her awake, saying, "Did you listen to my story?"

Groggily, she replies, "Huh? Yeah. Totally. Pretty cool that you managed to remember all of that. I'm going to submit, ok?"

Cymbeline huff indignantly, before looks around. He asks Miranda, "Hey, where's Donalbain? And the lobster that we got?"

Miranda shrugs, "I was asleep remember?"
1WhYQHt.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=751326] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/7514/751326_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Nathra, as her Clan's expert in familiars, recognised the chimera fangs at once. She carefully touched them with her claw-tips, a melancholy expression stealing over her face. "It looks as if your archeologists have stumbled upon the last resting place of some ancient dragon's much-beloved companion," she said with a sad smile. "Seems to me these granite chunks were once the walls of a fine old tomb: the kind of thing reserved only the most honoured among Familiars. I imagine it was covered in these tiles: they might be dirty now, but if I wipe it away -" she did so, "- y'see? These are some [i]fine[/i] designs! Well made, too, not to have shattered when the whole thing came down." She picked up the tile and carefully tapped it on one of the nearby boxes with a heavy-sounding [i]clink [/i]to prove her point: it remained intact. However, this caught the attention of the living sculpture that had, up until that moment, been seated quietly beside the wreckage of the tomb. The little marble chimera rose to its paws and bared all of its tiny fangs. "Well, would you look at that," Nathra breathed as she carefully put the tile down. The chimera slowly returned to its previous 'guard' position: seated nobly on its haunches, its horns curving upwards, its snake-head tail curving up to give the impression that it was watching its own back. "I was [i]about[/i] to say that the statue was carved in the familiar's likeness - but I didn't think it'd been enchanted to move! My guess is, the dragon who the chimera belonged to missed their familiar so much that they created an enchanted statue, hoping it'd always remind them of their former companion ... and guard the tomb, of course, though it didn't do much good here." She finished her explanation with a sad shake of her head. "I don't know whether it was bandits that found it first, or whether the archeologists just had no respect a decent grave - but either way, all you've got left are these bits and pieces." [i]((I hope my creative interpretation of 'living sculpture' is OK! I have got other items in there anyway even if it doesn't quite count.))[/i]

Nathra, as her Clan's expert in familiars, recognised the chimera fangs at once. She carefully touched them with her claw-tips, a melancholy expression stealing over her face.

"It looks as if your archeologists have stumbled upon the last resting place of some ancient dragon's much-beloved companion," she said with a sad smile. "Seems to me these granite chunks were once the walls of a fine old tomb: the kind of thing reserved only the most honoured among Familiars. I imagine it was covered in these tiles: they might be dirty now, but if I wipe it away -" she did so, "- y'see? These are some fine designs! Well made, too, not to have shattered when the whole thing came down."

She picked up the tile and carefully tapped it on one of the nearby boxes with a heavy-sounding clink to prove her point: it remained intact.

However, this caught the attention of the living sculpture that had, up until that moment, been seated quietly beside the wreckage of the tomb. The little marble chimera rose to its paws and bared all of its tiny fangs.

"Well, would you look at that," Nathra breathed as she carefully put the tile down.

The chimera slowly returned to its previous 'guard' position: seated nobly on its haunches, its horns curving upwards, its snake-head tail curving up to give the impression that it was watching its own back.

"I was about to say that the statue was carved in the familiar's likeness - but I didn't think it'd been enchanted to move! My guess is, the dragon who the chimera belonged to missed their familiar so much that they created an enchanted statue, hoping it'd always remind them of their former companion ... and guard the tomb, of course, though it didn't do much good here."

She finished her explanation with a sad shake of her head.

"I don't know whether it was bandits that found it first, or whether the archeologists just had no respect a decent grave - but either way, all you've got left are these bits and pieces."

((I hope my creative interpretation of 'living sculpture' is OK! I have got other items in there anyway even if it doesn't quite count.))
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Vely [June 21] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14571245] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145713/14571245_350.png[/img] [/url] "I am new, I do believe this will be my first Jubilee that I've attended around here! Ah, you want to know what i think these artifacts are? Well I'll admit you're right they are in very good condition considering their age, you can tell by the Living Sculpture, it's so old it's gone dormant. It is surely a dragon's familiar if you've found these items with it. Most likely a traveler or a warrior since the Granite Chunk, Chimera Fangs and the Tile come from very different places. Runestones like this were often given as good-luck tokens to those that were leaving home so whoever they were was a Light dragon or was very close with one...my what foul fate befell them I wonder?" "You see Living Sculptures and other 'inanimate' familiars that grow close to a dragon, usually enough to enter their awakened state tend to revert to a dormant state when they lose their dragon companion either from magical backlash or as their form of grief. They will also fall dormant under extreme circumstances when left alone for long periods of time with nothing assigned for them to do, it's been found that if such a familiar were to say, get caught in a cave after a rock-slide it can go dormant from isolation. In this state they will not move and are only barely aware of anything around them and shall remain so until they come out of it on their own or are coaxed out by a dragon. Mere presence won't do it since this state is different from any sort of stasis spells that tend to wake the spelled one from slumber when other presences or magic are felt." "The exact way to do so varies from case to case. Some wake easily once they are exposed to a stream of steady magic while some require years of offerings. There was a particular case of one, the clan leader's familiar, remaining dormant for over 50 years with all of the dragons of the clan from then forward devotedly caring for it after their leader's death due to it's great service to them. One day it just awoke when one of the clan's hatchlings brought it's offering and began to follow them around the lair from that day forth. Quite the tale, you'd best be careful with this one, you never know when they'll wake and there's tales of them waking with a...startling vigor and occasionally striking out at anything close by." [item=granite chunk][item=dirt-covered tile][item=chimera fangs][item=light runestone][item=living sculpture]
@Vely
[June 21]

14571245_350.png

"I am new, I do believe this will be my first Jubilee that I've attended around here! Ah, you want to know what i think these artifacts are? Well I'll admit you're right they are in very good condition considering their age, you can tell by the Living Sculpture, it's so old it's gone dormant. It is surely a dragon's familiar if you've found these items with it. Most likely a traveler or a warrior since the Granite Chunk, Chimera Fangs and the Tile come from very different places. Runestones like this were often given as good-luck tokens to those that were leaving home so whoever they were was a Light dragon or was very close with one...my what foul fate befell them I wonder?"

"You see Living Sculptures and other 'inanimate' familiars that grow close to a dragon, usually enough to enter their awakened state tend to revert to a dormant state when they lose their dragon companion either from magical backlash or as their form of grief. They will also fall dormant under extreme circumstances when left alone for long periods of time with nothing assigned for them to do, it's been found that if such a familiar were to say, get caught in a cave after a rock-slide it can go dormant from isolation. In this state they will not move and are only barely aware of anything around them and shall remain so until they come out of it on their own or are coaxed out by a dragon. Mere presence won't do it since this state is different from any sort of stasis spells that tend to wake the spelled one from slumber when other presences or magic are felt."

"The exact way to do so varies from case to case. Some wake easily once they are exposed to a stream of steady magic while some require years of offerings. There was a particular case of one, the clan leader's familiar, remaining dormant for over 50 years with all of the dragons of the clan from then forward devotedly caring for it after their leader's death due to it's great service to them. One day it just awoke when one of the clan's hatchlings brought it's offering and began to follow them around the lair from that day forth. Quite the tale, you'd best be careful with this one, you never know when they'll wake and there's tales of them waking with a...startling vigor and occasionally striking out at anything close by."
Granite Chunk Dirt-Covered Tile Chimera Fangs Light Runestone Living Sculpture
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10047883] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/100479/10047883_350.png[/img] [/url] "Ummm... not sure if you know this, but... that sculpture is [i]alive[/i]!" Raine whispered frantically to the Coatl. To the sculpture, "Hello!" (The sculpture didn't move.) Turning back to the Coatl, in a low voice, Raine said, "We have one in our clan; that's why I recognized it. Tends to get in the way often and doesn't say much. I think all those items actually belong to it. I suggest you take everything back to where you found them - or at least find a clan willing to take him in."

10047883_350.png

"Ummm... not sure if you know this, but... that sculpture is alive!" Raine whispered frantically to the Coatl.

To the sculpture, "Hello!" (The sculpture didn't move.)

Turning back to the Coatl, in a low voice, Raine said, "We have one in our clan; that's why I recognized it. Tends to get in the way often and doesn't say much. I think all those items actually belong to it. I suggest you take everything back to where you found them - or at least find a clan willing to take him in."
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
@Lundlaeva

Creative interpretations are all welcome!

I'm afraid one of the words in your entry has been censored! While the word I think you've picked is often used as onomatopoeia, it's also an anti-Chinese or anti-East Asian slur, and you may want to replace it for a slightly more coherent entry.
@Lundlaeva

Creative interpretations are all welcome!

I'm afraid one of the words in your entry has been censored! While the word I think you've picked is often used as onomatopoeia, it's also an anti-Chinese or anti-East Asian slur, and you may want to replace it for a slightly more coherent entry.
@Vely [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22265179] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/222652/22265179_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22907700] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/229078/22907700_350.png[/img] [/url] Sol and Bowie study the artifacts. Sol's head bobs to a beat only he can hear, while Bowie can't stand still. Her movements are so fluid that she's obviously dancing in place. "Hey, hey!" Sol points at the artefacts. "You recognize these, right?" "Yes!" Bowie twirls. "From the best dance club in the Hewn City! The legendary [i]Dawn's Not Here[/i]!" "O yeah." Sol points to one of the objects. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/10205.png[/img] "This thing, was like a mascot or something. The stones around the door all had this carved on them." "Yeah, yeah! Just like the legend says!" Bowie agreed. "And these were floor tiles, right? [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/1084.png[/img] If you stepped on one at the right time, they lit up gold and sprayed sparkles all over you!" "Right on." Sol bobbed his head. "Oh, and that guy? He was totally one of the bouncers. Still as a statue until someone broke the rules." [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/15283.png[/img] "And even though the club was The Best, they only ever needed one bouncer. " Bowie did a shuffle and dip. "Or maybe there was more than one, and nobody could tell them apart!" "Hard to say, man, hard to say." Sol played a drum riff in the air. "But you know, we've only heard it from people who've heard it from people. You know. Older people." "But not people who were [i]there[/i]," Bowie looked distraught. Her tail dropped. "Nobody's that old." "Not yet, anyway," Sol said. "Groovy." Bowie waved one long arm toward Narji. "That's all we got. Peace out, Light-child." They danced away.
@Vely

22265179_350.png

22907700_350.png

Sol and Bowie study the artifacts. Sol's head bobs to a beat only he can hear, while Bowie can't stand still. Her movements are so fluid that she's obviously dancing in place.

"Hey, hey!" Sol points at the artefacts. "You recognize these, right?"

"Yes!" Bowie twirls. "From the best dance club in the Hewn City! The legendary Dawn's Not Here!"

"O yeah." Sol points to one of the objects. 10205.png "This thing, was like a mascot or something. The stones around the door all had this carved on them."

"Yeah, yeah! Just like the legend says!" Bowie agreed. "And these were floor tiles, right? 1084.png If you stepped on one at the right time, they lit up gold and sprayed sparkles all over you!"

"Right on." Sol bobbed his head. "Oh, and that guy? He was totally one of the bouncers. Still as a statue until someone broke the rules." 15283.png

"And even though the club was The Best, they only ever needed one bouncer. " Bowie did a shuffle and dip. "Or maybe there was more than one, and nobody could tell them apart!"

"Hard to say, man, hard to say." Sol played a drum riff in the air. "But you know, we've only heard it from people who've heard it from people. You know. Older people."

"But not people who were there," Bowie looked distraught. Her tail dropped. "Nobody's that old."

"Not yet, anyway," Sol said.

"Groovy." Bowie waved one long arm toward Narji. "That's all we got. Peace out, Light-child."

They danced away.
oRYE0vS.pngwj5ThaV.png 28609671391_baae3aef01_o.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24