Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Artifact Recovery and Reassembly
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
@Vely Some colors I didn't have, or didn't get right, sorry about that ^^' [img]https://s31.postimg.org/8guekvfdn/image.jpg[/img] The complete item was most likely a beautiful glowing headdress, worn only by high class dragons in the ancient times, adorned with feathers, and had a lovely smell from the incense attached to it. The yellow liquid, a very important item during that time, was probably used as super glue, to make sure all of the items stayed together, since those stray feathers were often fickle.
@Vely Some colors I didn't have, or didn't get right, sorry about that ^^'
image.jpg

The complete item was most likely a beautiful glowing headdress, worn only by high class dragons in the ancient times, adorned with feathers, and had a lovely smell from the incense attached to it. The yellow liquid, a very important item during that time, was probably used as super glue, to make sure all of the items stayed together, since those stray feathers were often fickle.
@Harmonywish

Sorry about the late response, but no, color is not needed!
@Harmonywish

Sorry about the late response, but no, color is not needed!
@Vely

Sorry about that! I also edited my post with a darker shade, tell me if it's okay and I'll use that. Otherwise I'll probably just use normal text. :p
@Vely

Sorry about that! I also edited my post with a darker shade, tell me if it's okay and I'll use that. Otherwise I'll probably just use normal text. :p
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
@UserOfShadows

That is legible, thank you!
@UserOfShadows

That is legible, thank you!
@vely
I hope a DA link is okay for a submission:
http://talicinx.deviantart.com/art/1466373947661-1241331503-616413506
I used all the item in some way except for the ancestral incense.
@vely
I hope a DA link is okay for a submission:
http://talicinx.deviantart.com/art/1466373947661-1241331503-616413506
I used all the item in some way except for the ancestral incense.
1Tdrm4y.pngo3rXXkG.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10047883] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/100479/10047883_350.png[/img] [/url] Raine looked over the artifacts. He had experience with identifying finds in his home territory, so he was comfortable reviewing the contents of the chest. "Clearly these were the tools of an ancient seer," he said. "Some magic may have been involved - or this was just for an elaborate show. Either way, the dragon would have used the crystal ball to gaze into the future while burning the incense. The feathers were used to fan the smoke towards onlookers during the ritual." Raine poked carefully at the sludge. "This is the real puzzle. It used to be [i]something[/i]... that didn't stand the test of time. Hmmmm...." He paused, lost in thought. "Perhaps... I think this was make up used to mark the dragon performing the ritual. The components have broken down and we're left with this goopy mess." He nodded and began to depart, but stopped and said over his shoulder, "Oh, and the bag was just used to hold everything."

10047883_350.png

Raine looked over the artifacts. He had experience with identifying finds in his home territory, so he was comfortable reviewing the contents of the chest.

"Clearly these were the tools of an ancient seer," he said. "Some magic may have been involved - or this was just for an elaborate show. Either way, the dragon would have used the crystal ball to gaze into the future while burning the incense. The feathers were used to fan the smoke towards onlookers during the ritual."

Raine poked carefully at the sludge. "This is the real puzzle. It used to be something... that didn't stand the test of time. Hmmmm...." He paused, lost in thought. "Perhaps... I think this was make up used to mark the dragon performing the ritual. The components have broken down and we're left with this goopy mess."

He nodded and began to depart, but stopped and said over his shoulder, "Oh, and the bag was just used to hold everything."
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
@Lundlaeva @Valoria @Reyka @Phooka @Harmonywish @Talicinx @JinxMoonstone

All of your responses have been recorded. Thank you for participating!
@Lundlaeva @Valoria @Reyka @Phooka @Harmonywish @Talicinx @JinxMoonstone

All of your responses have been recorded. Thank you for participating!
Reminder: Entries for June 19 are due by 00:40 June 20, a little over four hours from now! A new prompt being posted does not close the window for the previous one. You do not need to identify the date of the prompt you're addressing, as it tends to be obvious. Prizes for June 19 will be awarded in the afternoon on June 20. [center][size=6]June 20[/size][/center] [quote]The port is quiet today, the gentle patter of rain encouraging many dragons to spend their time under the shelter of trees or a cave. Most merchants have taken the day off, fearing heavier rain that may damage their goods; heavy, dark clouds have been sitting on the horizon since yesterday evening. A number of Windsinger trinkets lie in the grass, forgotten in the rain; the Earthshaker trinkets are nowhere to be seen, having sold out. A single snapper rests by the docks, unbothered by the weather and content to observe. Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20667564] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/206676/20667564_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] A ridgeback in a heavy coat sits behind the stand, towering over some of the boxes. Nimmi’s tinkering about with a few items, and it takes a minute for her to look up from her work. She gives you a slow smile. “A volunteer? Today? Good!” Her tail flicks with excitement, knocking a small, expensive-looking box off of its perch somewhere behind her. “Thank you for coming over to help. I’ve been trying to figure out what these could be all day. Do you think you could help?” Nimmi looks back with a frown as she hears something fall over, and Zap can be heard cursing from behind a pile of boxes. She turns back to you with a shrug. “So, can you?” [center][item=Greenstripe Amaranth][item=Sacridite][item=Lightweaver Marble Bust][item=Shattered Reading Spectacles][item=Golden Collar][/center][/quote] Using any or all of the items above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively. Entries are due by 00:40 June 21, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions. Today’s dragon provided courtesy of @Gheron. [size=1] @MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone [/size]
Reminder: Entries for June 19 are due by 00:40 June 20, a little over four hours from now! A new prompt being posted does not close the window for the previous one. You do not need to identify the date of the prompt you're addressing, as it tends to be obvious.

Prizes for June 19 will be awarded in the afternoon on June 20.

June 20
Quote:
The port is quiet today, the gentle patter of rain encouraging many dragons to spend their time under the shelter of trees or a cave. Most merchants have taken the day off, fearing heavier rain that may damage their goods; heavy, dark clouds have been sitting on the horizon since yesterday evening. A number of Windsinger trinkets lie in the grass, forgotten in the rain; the Earthshaker trinkets are nowhere to be seen, having sold out. A single snapper rests by the docks, unbothered by the weather and content to observe.

Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked.

A ridgeback in a heavy coat sits behind the stand, towering over some of the boxes. Nimmi’s tinkering about with a few items, and it takes a minute for her to look up from her work.

She gives you a slow smile. “A volunteer? Today? Good!” Her tail flicks with excitement, knocking a small, expensive-looking box off of its perch somewhere behind her. “Thank you for coming over to help. I’ve been trying to figure out what these could be all day. Do you think you could help?”

Nimmi looks back with a frown as she hears something fall over, and Zap can be heard cursing from behind a pile of boxes. She turns back to you with a shrug. “So, can you?”

Greenstripe Amaranth Sacridite Lightweaver Marble Bust Shattered Reading Spectacles Golden Collar

Using any or all of the items above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively.

Entries are due by 00:40 June 21, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions.

Today’s dragon provided courtesy of @Gheron.

@MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22425772] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/224258/22425772_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16965247] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/169653/16965247_350.png[/img] [/url] Vanillabean examines the artifacts closely. "This looks like it must have been part of an ancient shrine. Perhaps our ancestors poured the yellow sludge as they burned the incense. The fans and glowing balls may have been part of the ritual." She smiles in satisfaction. A young imperial next to her has a different idea. "They're beach supplies! The fans are to keep you cool in the summer heat, and the sludge is to strengthen your sandcastles. The glowing balls are perfect for playing catch in the ocean," Aurum says enthusiastically. Vanillabean raises an eyebrow and mutters something in the coatl language. "Well, that's one interpretation," she says when Aurum turns to her expecting a comment. "Given the location these objects were found, the dragons who used these objects were unlikely to have come into contact with water. A religious shrine is far more likely," she can't help adding. Aurum looks a bit confused. "I like going to the beach," she says.

22425772_350.png

16965247_350.png

Vanillabean examines the artifacts closely. "This looks like it must have been part of an ancient shrine. Perhaps our ancestors poured the yellow sludge as they burned the incense. The fans and glowing balls may have been part of the ritual." She smiles in satisfaction. A young imperial next to her has a different idea.
"They're beach supplies! The fans are to keep you cool in the summer heat, and the sludge is to strengthen your sandcastles. The glowing balls are perfect for playing catch in the ocean," Aurum says enthusiastically. Vanillabean raises an eyebrow and mutters something in the coatl language.
"Well, that's one interpretation," she says when Aurum turns to her expecting a comment. "Given the location these objects were found, the dragons who used these objects were unlikely to have come into contact with water. A religious shrine is far more likely," she can't help adding. Aurum looks a bit confused.
"I like going to the beach," she says.
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16581345] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/165814/16581345_350.png[/img] [/url] The oddly colored Ridgeback blinks- clearly Basil was once again not paying attention to his surroundings, rather paying attention to the way his tail fluff was draped on the stones and reciting his next poem in his head. He blinks again, staring at the crate before he gulps at the realization that his skills will now be put to a true test. Taking the edges of the crate in his paws and pulling it closer to himself, he peers in, hmming thoughtfully as his mind now refocuses on the task at hand. "Ah- That I actually believe belongs to one of the archaeologists from the Arcanist's visiting children..." He comments, eyeing the tools. He's seen things like them on dragons in his own home, so surely they can't be that old... He gives a fan with small fox-like ghostly wisps trailing off it a horrified look. "And that- shouldn't touch that, oh no! That would keep one cool, but only as stone... My experience says that stonegazer fans that look like that are actually decoys made by the beastclans to trap unwary dragons... Though it's old to find here, I'd have expected all manner of life to avoid these ruins..." The ridgeback then wrinkled his nose- well, as much as a ridgeback with a giant pokey stick for a nose can- examining a orb-like object encrusted in ancient sludge. "Ick. Just like Cobalt's messes..." Doing his best to dust it off, his scratching reveals still glowing runs. "And this is just a knock-off of an original! My goodness, perhaps there are more traveling through here than I thought..." Basil can't comprehend why anyone would trespass in the Hewn City given how many dragons roam around and even through it... But to drop a false artifact? Inconceivable!

16581345_350.png

The oddly colored Ridgeback blinks- clearly Basil was once again not paying attention to his surroundings, rather paying attention to the way his tail fluff was draped on the stones and reciting his next poem in his head. He blinks again, staring at the crate before he gulps at the realization that his skills will now be put to a true test. Taking the edges of the crate in his paws and pulling it closer to himself, he peers in, hmming thoughtfully as his mind now refocuses on the task at hand.

"Ah- That I actually believe belongs to one of the archaeologists from the Arcanist's visiting children..." He comments, eyeing the tools. He's seen things like them on dragons in his own home, so surely they can't be that old... He gives a fan with small fox-like ghostly wisps trailing off it a horrified look. "And that- shouldn't touch that, oh no! That would keep one cool, but only as stone... My experience says that stonegazer fans that look like that are actually decoys made by the beastclans to trap unwary dragons... Though it's old to find here, I'd have expected all manner of life to avoid these ruins..."

The ridgeback then wrinkled his nose- well, as much as a ridgeback with a giant pokey stick for a nose can- examining a orb-like object encrusted in ancient sludge. "Ick. Just like Cobalt's messes..." Doing his best to dust it off, his scratching reveals still glowing runs. "And this is just a knock-off of an original! My goodness, perhaps there are more traveling through here than I thought..." Basil can't comprehend why anyone would trespass in the Hewn City given how many dragons roam around and even through it... But to drop a false artifact? Inconceivable!
Na5WGHa.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24