Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Artifact Recovery and Reassembly
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12298275] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/122983/12298275_350.png[/img] [/url] Another fine day in the port. The Swamp Witch and her loving companion, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=2740&tab=dragon&did=16508983]Sarin[/url], are set to rendezvous with the rest of the crew, but they have a little time first to look around for themselves. The Swamp Witch's eye catches on a stall set up with a variety of what at first looks like junk. She is, however, enthusiastically inspecting all of it. She turns back to her mate and touches noses with him, and he gets the message. He sits down. A story is about to start. [i]This was the story my parents used to tell, of the Summer King. Once upon a time, there was Centaur clan. They lived on the Windswept Plateau, where they watered their crops, fed their livestock, and took care of the bamboo forest around them. For even though they farmed, they respected the forest and all the secrets it held. They lived in cooperation with the Serthis of the Steppes, and the Harpy in the skies. They noticed, however, that beastclan all over were going missing, and heard rumours from afar of a warring clan of dragons. They feared for their forest, and their clanmates. Thus they called upon the Wanderer. This was a lone dragon without a clan, a Guardian without a Charge, or who merely had one once, who roamed the Steppes asking only for hospitality. The Wanderer was seen as something of a trusted consultant, and he was found and brought to the herd. The Wanderer knew dragons were scared of the beasts, and his solution was to scare them right back. He took his great claw and some nickel ore, tended it in a hot flame, and carved ten figures so realistic that it seemed that they breathed. [item=nickel cat figurine] [item=empty inkwell] The centaurs, great scribes, were asked to hand over their quills. What for? they asked. The Wanderer took the feathers and put them around the cats' heads, making them look very fearsome indeed! [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/a7a4f29254a30f7391a000e524d6fa8a/tumblr_o9n5asNyrm1qjtulxo1_400.png[/img] He instructed the centaurs to give offerings to the Windsinger, who in return kicked up a ferocious gale. Placing the figurines around the forest, Windsinger's breath whipped their manes around and made them look like wild Warcats! The dragon warriors were so frightened by the fake beasts that they ran off and never tormented the centaurs again. The beastclan were thrilled with the Wanderer. The Harpies bestowed him with Prehnite, their version of gold. The Serthis presented him with a custom hilt, a warrior's highest honour in their culture. And the centaurs, having nothing left to give, picked Juneflower and wreathed it into a crown, declaring the Wanderer their Summer King. [item=prehnite][item=venomblade hilt][item=juneflower][/i] "Since that time, superstitious beastclan, or ones requiring more protection, place nickel cats around whatever they want to protect," the Swamp Witch finished. "You have a fine specimen here, expertly carved. Why, this may even be one of the originals that the Wanderer made..."

12298275_350.png

Another fine day in the port. The Swamp Witch and her loving companion, Sarin, are set to rendezvous with the rest of the crew, but they have a little time first to look around for themselves. The Swamp Witch's eye catches on a stall set up with a variety of what at first looks like junk. She is, however, enthusiastically inspecting all of it. She turns back to her mate and touches noses with him, and he gets the message. He sits down. A story is about to start.

This was the story my parents used to tell, of the Summer King.

Once upon a time, there was Centaur clan. They lived on the Windswept Plateau, where they watered their crops, fed their livestock, and took care of the bamboo forest around them. For even though they farmed, they respected the forest and all the secrets it held. They lived in cooperation with the Serthis of the Steppes, and the Harpy in the skies.

They noticed, however, that beastclan all over were going missing, and heard rumours from afar of a warring clan of dragons. They feared for their forest, and their clanmates.

Thus they called upon the Wanderer. This was a lone dragon without a clan, a Guardian without a Charge, or who merely had one once, who roamed the Steppes asking only for hospitality. The Wanderer was seen as something of a trusted consultant, and he was found and brought to the herd.

The Wanderer knew dragons were scared of the beasts, and his solution was to scare them right back. He took his great claw and some nickel ore, tended it in a hot flame, and carved ten figures so realistic that it seemed that they breathed.

Nickel Cat Figurine

Empty Inkwell

The centaurs, great scribes, were asked to hand over their quills. What for? they asked. The Wanderer took the feathers and put them around the cats' heads, making them look very fearsome indeed!

tumblr_o9n5asNyrm1qjtulxo1_400.png

He instructed the centaurs to give offerings to the Windsinger, who in return kicked up a ferocious gale. Placing the figurines around the forest, Windsinger's breath whipped their manes around and made them look like wild Warcats! The dragon warriors were so frightened by the fake beasts that they ran off and never tormented the centaurs again.

The beastclan were thrilled with the Wanderer. The Harpies bestowed him with Prehnite, their version of gold. The Serthis presented him with a custom hilt, a warrior's highest honour in their culture. And the centaurs, having nothing left to give, picked Juneflower and wreathed it into a crown, declaring the Wanderer their Summer King.

Prehnite Venomblade Hilt Juneflower

"Since that time, superstitious beastclan, or ones requiring more protection, place nickel cats around whatever they want to protect," the Swamp Witch finished. "You have a fine specimen here, expertly carved. Why, this may even be one of the originals that the Wanderer made..."
tgTY.png
July 1st [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20213345] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/202134/20213345_350.png[/img] [/url] ''hmm let me see... Oh I do think that these are indeed the remains of a legendary feline from anchient folklore. Alow me to render a picture in it's likeness....'' -the coatle produced painting tools seemingly out of nowhere- *intense scribbeling* *hums* *intense erasing* ''There! A wonderfull piece if I do say so myself~'' [img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/d56f7c8a6ba467d0485d20aca58532fc/tumblr_o9n4xt99ww1tp9byho1_540.jpg[/img] ''This feline has fur as black as ink, and as soft as feathers. It's eyes have crystaline covers that prevent it's eyes from getting hurt by too much light. I find that quite curious, as it was said to appear only during the summer solstice, sprouting juneflowers wherever the land was blessed with it's touch. The creature has some qualities that are not quite as desired, and were actually quite harmfull; It was known to eat prehnite, a common currency back then. Phrenite is still being used as currency today! The prehnite it ate not only restored it's crystaline eye covers, but also rendered it's fangs venomous, as a strong solvent was required to digest the stones.''
July 1st

20213345_350.png
''hmm let me see... Oh I do think that these are indeed the remains of a legendary feline from anchient folklore. Alow me to render a picture in it's likeness....''

-the coatle produced painting tools seemingly out of nowhere-

*intense scribbeling* *hums* *intense erasing*

''There! A wonderfull piece if I do say so myself~''

tumblr_o9n4xt99ww1tp9byho1_540.jpg

''This feline has fur as black as ink, and as soft as feathers. It's eyes have crystaline covers that prevent it's eyes from getting hurt by too much light.
I find that quite curious, as it was said to appear only during the summer solstice, sprouting juneflowers wherever the land was blessed with it's touch.
The creature has some qualities that are not quite as desired, and were actually quite harmfull; It was known to eat prehnite, a common currency back then. Phrenite is still being used as currency today!
The prehnite it ate not only restored it's crystaline eye covers, but also rendered it's fangs venomous, as a strong solvent was required to digest the stones.''

~9 hours ahead of FR time! They/he~

The appearance of Aberration dragons made me rise from my yearlong hibernation

tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gifNew to Shadow! -Playing irregularly since 2015-
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24160581] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/241606/24160581_350.png[/img] [/url] "Wow. I can't believe this is almost over. Only two more puzzles to go." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23044890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230449/23044890_350.png[/img] [/url] "It was fun! Scary, but fun!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21958937] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/219590/21958937_350.png[/img] [/url] "Why were you scared again? All we did was look at junk and figure out what the junk meant. Anyways, don't quit yet. We still have glory to earn." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22606393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226064/22606393_350.png[/img] [/url] "Unfortunately, I have not been able to determine the use of these items. I apologize." The group's attention was once again turned to the table. However, there were too many of them there, causing Cymbeline to have difficulty looking at the items. Even when he tried to fly to look over their heads, he would be blocked by Agatha and her obnoxious winged buggy. "Maybe this was like... a toy or something?" Donalbain holds up the cat statue, shaking it vigorously before shrugging and putting it back down. "No idea." Miranda mutters. "Guys... Let me see. I can't see." At the sound of Cymbeline's whining, Catherine shuffles out of the way, allowing the nocturne to replace her at the table. Cymbeline takes one look at the items and gasp, "I know what these things are! It's a wishmaker!" Donalbain rolls his eyes, "Trip to Hewn City again?" Cymbeline nods. Picking up the juneflower and the prehnite, he explains, "So you wanted to get a wish granted, right? Then you would go to a temple that housed a wishmaker. There, they made a special ink for you to write your wishes on. To make the ink, you would grind up juneflowers with prehnite. It's really specific because the combination was magical or whatever." He picks up the red quill, "You dip these special quills in the magic ink and then you write your wish onto a piece of paper. The quills come from the tail feathers of a certain species of chicken that only lives at the temple." "Anyways, when you were done writing, you would bring your piece of paper to a silver statue of an animal and put the paper in its mouth. There were thirteen statues, one for each zodiac animal and one for the cat." Cymbeline begins ti stroke the statue fondly, "Each animal specialized in a different kind of wish. I remember the cat specialized in curiosity, so if you wanted to find out something, like, gossip on your neighbors or answers to life's mysteries, you would give your paper to the cat." Catherine nods, intrigued, "I apologize if this seems rude, but what did you wish for?" Cymbeline blushes, "Um... What I wished for... Was not appropriate for a school environment..."

24160581_350.png

"Wow. I can't believe this is almost over. Only two more puzzles to go."

23044890_350.png

"It was fun! Scary, but fun!"

21958937_350.png

"Why were you scared again? All we did was look at junk and figure out what the junk meant. Anyways, don't quit yet. We still have glory to earn."

22606393_350.png

"Unfortunately, I have not been able to determine the use of these items. I apologize."

The group's attention was once again turned to the table. However, there were too many of them there, causing Cymbeline to have difficulty looking at the items. Even when he tried to fly to look over their heads, he would be blocked by Agatha and her obnoxious winged buggy.

"Maybe this was like... a toy or something?" Donalbain holds up the cat statue, shaking it vigorously before shrugging and putting it back down.

"No idea." Miranda mutters.

"Guys... Let me see. I can't see." At the sound of Cymbeline's whining, Catherine shuffles out of the way, allowing the nocturne to replace her at the table.

Cymbeline takes one look at the items and gasp, "I know what these things are! It's a wishmaker!"

Donalbain rolls his eyes, "Trip to Hewn City again?"

Cymbeline nods. Picking up the juneflower and the prehnite, he explains, "So you wanted to get a wish granted, right? Then you would go to a temple that housed a wishmaker. There, they made a special ink for you to write your wishes on. To make the ink, you would grind up juneflowers with prehnite. It's really specific because the combination was magical or whatever."

He picks up the red quill, "You dip these special quills in the magic ink and then you write your wish onto a piece of paper. The quills come from the tail feathers of a certain species of chicken that only lives at the temple."

"Anyways, when you were done writing, you would bring your piece of paper to a silver statue of an animal and put the paper in its mouth. There were thirteen statues, one for each zodiac animal and one for the cat."

Cymbeline begins ti stroke the statue fondly, "Each animal specialized in a different kind of wish. I remember the cat specialized in curiosity, so if you wanted to find out something, like, gossip on your neighbors or answers to life's mysteries, you would give your paper to the cat."

Catherine nods, intrigued, "I apologize if this seems rude, but what did you wish for?"

Cymbeline blushes, "Um... What I wished for... Was not appropriate for a school environment..."

1WhYQHt.png
[center][size=6]July 2[/size][/center] First and foremost, I want to apologize for the delay in prizes. The judging committee was unable to review all the entries due to various personal reasons. It is our hope that we will be able to judge for both June 30 and July 1 tomorrow. In the event that we cannot, don't worry--prizes will all be determined and sent out within a week of the event's end. [quote]With calm and Maren-free waters, many are surprised when the Fae pirates return in their hastily constructed ship, loaded with treasure from who-even-knew-where. They'd noticed the increased Beastclan activity and had waited out the attacks until the opportune moment. It was rumored that the sole winner of the betting pool on whether they returned or not was a sibling of one of the pirates, but with so much newfound treasure being spent, it was hard to tell. Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked. There’s a good deal less than previous days as the archaeologists prepare to move on. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20194322] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/201944/20194322_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] “Back again, are you?” Zap asks. “Didn’t expect you to be so interested. Hmph.” She opens the chest on the table between you, revealing a number of items. “It’s our last day here, you know. After this, our work is done. We can finally go somewhere that doesn’t stink of salt and doesn’t rain all the time.” “I’ll tell you where we decide to go. You know, since you’re so interested in artifacts. That--that’s not an invitation, of course. Information only. It’s not like I want to see you again.” Her mellow expression hardens. “Well? Come on, then, we don’t have all day!” [center][item=Mammertee Plushie][item=Conjurer's Staff][item=Seal Mane][item=Glowing Pocket Bauble][item=Moonstone][/center][/quote] Using any or all of the items above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively. Entries are due by 00:40 July 3, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions. [size=1] Daily Pings [/size]
July 2

First and foremost, I want to apologize for the delay in prizes. The judging committee was unable to review all the entries due to various personal reasons. It is our hope that we will be able to judge for both June 30 and July 1 tomorrow. In the event that we cannot, don't worry--prizes will all be determined and sent out within a week of the event's end.

Quote:
With calm and Maren-free waters, many are surprised when the Fae pirates return in their hastily constructed ship, loaded with treasure from who-even-knew-where. They'd noticed the increased Beastclan activity and had waited out the attacks until the opportune moment.

It was rumored that the sole winner of the betting pool on whether they returned or not was a sibling of one of the pirates, but with so much newfound treasure being spent, it was hard to tell.

Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked. There’s a good deal less than previous days as the archaeologists prepare to move on.

“Back again, are you?” Zap asks. “Didn’t expect you to be so interested. Hmph.”

She opens the chest on the table between you, revealing a number of items. “It’s our last day here, you know. After this, our work is done. We can finally go somewhere that doesn’t stink of salt and doesn’t rain all the time.”

“I’ll tell you where we decide to go. You know, since you’re so interested in artifacts. That--that’s not an invitation, of course. Information only. It’s not like I want to see you again.” Her mellow expression hardens. “Well? Come on, then, we don’t have all day!”

Mammertee Plushie Conjurer's Staff Seal Mane Glowing Pocket Bauble Moonstone

Using any or all of the items above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively.

Entries are due by 00:40 July 3, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions.

Daily Pings
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/SGbBLHn.png[/img][/center] [center]" Oh my, what a splendid quill holder. Nice to have a feline companion at your side hold your inkwell while you write drabbles, I'm sure. Hmm...It's metallic coating seems to be wearing away in some areas and... Oh, looks like the artisan used possibly juneflowers as reference, as well as gemstones such as rubies and... jade? prehnite? Ah, I see...This piece here, this is without a doubt a broken hilt that was repurposed as a piece that now holds the quill. Interesting! I wonder how long it took the artisan to craft this? "[/center]
SGbBLHn.png

" Oh my, what a splendid quill holder.
Nice to have a feline companion at your side hold your inkwell while you write drabbles, I'm sure.
Hmm...It's metallic coating seems to be wearing away in some areas and...
Oh, looks like the artisan used possibly juneflowers as reference,
as well as gemstones such as rubies and... jade? prehnite?
Ah, I see...This piece here,
this is without a doubt a broken hilt that was repurposed as a piece that now holds the quill. Interesting! I wonder how long it took the artisan to craft this? "
Xolsp7O.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22606393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226064/22606393_350.png[/img] [/url] "It appears there have been a delay in prizes. How do you feel about that, Miranda?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21958937] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/219590/21958937_350.png[/img] [/url] Miranda rocked back and forth slowly, hugging her knees to her chest. Her eyes stare unfocused into the distance and she can be heard mumbling a stream of unintelligible words. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24160581] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/241606/24160581_350.png[/img] [/url] "Don't mind her. She's a sore loser and she has no patience. Now, let's figure out the final day's artifacts." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23044890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230449/23044890_350.png[/img] [/url] "Guys, we should tell the game master that he forgot to ping everyone for the last day!" Donalbain, Catherine, and Agatha were already at the table and examining the items. They can be heard softly debating each item's use. "Night light? Blanket?" Catherine suggests, holding up the tail bauble and the mane, "I feel that these items would be quite popular with the hatchlings." "Someone did nightlight awhile back. We don't want to look like thieves," Donalbain waves the plushie for emphasis, "Plus, it's the last day. We want to go out with a bang." "Guys, this isn't good! Everyone deserves to know what the game master just posted! Help me get his attention!" Finding himself completely ignored by the others, Cymbeline huffs and seats himself next to Miranda. "A bang... That's it!" Donalbain's face lights up, and he begins to grab the items at break neck speed. Cutting, sewing, inserting connecting, he moves faster than the eye can see. After a few minutes of nonstop activity, he pauses, deep in thought, before turning to Agatha. "Sorry girl, I'm going to need your ride." The lobster is unceremoniously dumped off the hat contraption. Donalbain then heads over to the stand, "Let me see all the artifacts we looked at for the past two weeks." Donalbain looks at the items and smile. Just the right amount of stuff. Another frenzy of activity, then Donalbain turns to Catherine and a very indignant Agatha, beaming, "Watch. The culmination of two week's worth of junk." "First I hollowed out the canopic jar from the 22nd and attached it to the jar of vapors from the 25th. I trapped the gasses in the jar with a section of the electrified sash.Then I attached the silky yarn from the 22nd to the bottom of the jar of vapors. Part one, finished." "Part two's a bit more complicated. First, I gutted the mammertee plushie with the sickle claws from the 27th. I filled it up with unicorn dust from the same day, then wrapped the entire package in seal mane and tied it together with the glowing bauble. Then I coated the entire thing in a layer of wax from the 27th's candle, but I transferred the flame onto the conjurer's staff first. Part two, finished." "Part three. I coated the bottom of the jar of vapors with the yellow sludge from the 19th. This stuff is oily. Anyways, I inserted the wad of stuff I made into the canopic jar, then I covered the top with the wavespun cloth from the 25th. Everything is ready." Donalbain motions for everyone to back away from the tube he just made. With a practiced ease, he maneuvers the flame at the end of the staff to the tip of the silky yarn. Immediately, the yarn caught fire. The flame travels the entirety of the rope up to the end of the tube. For a moment, nothing happens. Everyone holds their breath in anticipation. Suddenly, the top of the tube flies off and a bolt of colors shoot up into the sky. It sails over everyone's head before exploding into a shining mass of red and gold. As the display finishes, a shower of glitter begins to fall onto the crowd. Donalbain beams at the assembled dragons and shouts in a jubilant voice, "Happy Brightshine Jubilee, everyone!" [center][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/e58e2ece913e9b9dfc882a7c4ed92290/tumblr_inline_o25g26iyqp1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [i]To the Archaeologists of the Light Flight, The Wonderlast Marching Band apologizes greatly for the actions of one of our students, which have caused you to lose several priceless artifacts from your most recent expedition. Enclosed is a list detailing the destroyed artifacts, according to eyewitness testimonies. [item=mammertee plushie][item=conjurer's staff][item=seal mane][item=glowing pocket bauble] [item=tallow candle][item=sickle claws] [item=unicorn dust] [item=yellow sludge] [item=electrified sash] [item=canopic jar][item=skein of silky yarn] [item=wavespun cloth][item=jar of vapors] [i]We assure you that the student will be disciplined and all monetary repairs made as soon as possible. Our sincerest apologies, Ophelia and Timon

22606393_350.png

"It appears there have been a delay in prizes. How do you feel about that, Miranda?"

21958937_350.png

Miranda rocked back and forth slowly, hugging her knees to her chest. Her eyes stare unfocused into the distance and she can be heard mumbling a stream of unintelligible words.

24160581_350.png

"Don't mind her. She's a sore loser and she has no patience. Now, let's figure out the final day's artifacts."

23044890_350.png

"Guys, we should tell the game master that he forgot to ping everyone for the last day!"

Donalbain, Catherine, and Agatha were already at the table and examining the items. They can be heard softly debating each item's use.

"Night light? Blanket?" Catherine suggests, holding up the tail bauble and the mane, "I feel that these items would be quite popular with the hatchlings."

"Someone did nightlight awhile back. We don't want to look like thieves," Donalbain waves the plushie for emphasis, "Plus, it's the last day. We want to go out with a bang."

"Guys, this isn't good! Everyone deserves to know what the game master just posted! Help me get his attention!" Finding himself completely ignored by the others, Cymbeline huffs and seats himself next to Miranda.

"A bang... That's it!" Donalbain's face lights up, and he begins to grab the items at break neck speed. Cutting, sewing, inserting connecting, he moves faster than the eye can see. After a few minutes of nonstop activity, he pauses, deep in thought, before turning to Agatha.

"Sorry girl, I'm going to need your ride." The lobster is unceremoniously dumped off the hat contraption.

Donalbain then heads over to the stand, "Let me see all the artifacts we looked at for the past two weeks." Donalbain looks at the items and smile. Just the right amount of stuff.

Another frenzy of activity, then Donalbain turns to Catherine and a very indignant Agatha, beaming, "Watch. The culmination of two week's worth of junk."

"First I hollowed out the canopic jar from the 22nd and attached it to the jar of vapors from the 25th. I trapped the gasses in the jar with a section of the electrified sash.Then I attached the silky yarn from the 22nd to the bottom of the jar of vapors. Part one, finished."

"Part two's a bit more complicated. First, I gutted the mammertee plushie with the sickle claws from the 27th. I filled it up with unicorn dust from the same day, then wrapped the entire package in seal mane and tied it together with the glowing bauble. Then I coated the entire thing in a layer of wax from the 27th's candle, but I transferred the flame onto the conjurer's staff first. Part two, finished."

"Part three. I coated the bottom of the jar of vapors with the yellow sludge from the 19th. This stuff is oily. Anyways, I inserted the wad of stuff I made into the canopic jar, then I covered the top with the wavespun cloth from the 25th. Everything is ready."

Donalbain motions for everyone to back away from the tube he just made. With a practiced ease, he maneuvers the flame at the end of the staff to the tip of the silky yarn. Immediately, the yarn caught fire. The flame travels the entirety of the rope up to the end of the tube.

For a moment, nothing happens. Everyone holds their breath in anticipation. Suddenly, the top of the tube flies off and a bolt of colors shoot up into the sky. It sails over everyone's head before exploding into a shining mass of red and gold. As the display finishes, a shower of glitter begins to fall onto the crowd.

Donalbain beams at the assembled dragons and shouts in a jubilant voice, "Happy Brightshine Jubilee, everyone!"
tumblr_inline_o25g26iyqp1r3lvtf_500.png
To the Archaeologists of the Light Flight,
The Wonderlast Marching Band apologizes greatly for the actions of one of our students, which have caused you to lose several priceless artifacts from your most recent expedition. Enclosed is a list detailing the destroyed artifacts, according to eyewitness testimonies.
Mammertee Plushie Conjurer's Staff Seal Mane Glowing Pocket Bauble
Tallow Candle Sickle Claws
Unicorn Dust
Yellow Sludge
Electrified Sash
Canopic Jar Skein of Silky Yarn
Wavespun Cloth Jar of Vapors
We assure you that the student will be disciplined and all monetary repairs made as soon as possible.

Our sincerest apologies,
Ophelia and Timon

1WhYQHt.png
SO it looks like I copied the wrong cell on the pinglist sheet, oops! Please see this post for the final prompt. So sorry about that!

@MagpieScholar @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @LadyKnightKatsa @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @Gheron @TesserWings @Saraceaser @Leopardmask @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @Proxima @RRHepburn @NicoleEirin @Steffon @Shad0stryk @beargirl1393 @KitsuneRuna @GhostPaladin @clarax @Irien @MaeveAvrae
SO it looks like I copied the wrong cell on the pinglist sheet, oops! Please see this post for the final prompt. So sorry about that!

@MagpieScholar @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @LadyKnightKatsa @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @Gheron @TesserWings @Saraceaser @Leopardmask @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @Proxima @RRHepburn @NicoleEirin @Steffon @Shad0stryk @beargirl1393 @KitsuneRuna @GhostPaladin @clarax @Irien @MaeveAvrae
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23101530] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/231016/23101530_350.png[/img] [/url] Stryfler hobbled over to the stand, jaw agape in a drawn-out yawn. "Hello my fluffy friend. Apologies if I seem sluggish; I was watching the negotiations with the Maren, I hoped it would give me some writing ideas, and it did." He gave a small nod to the Tundra, who pushed over a crate to him excitedly. "Oh, looks kinda like my work table... this quill is a beautiful red, but I like my Seafoam one better; got it off a molting Coatl friend. Heh." "This Prehnite would be a great paperweight, and this blade can be a letter opener. I think so, anyway." "And this is a memorial cat statue, and this Juneflower has been place upon the statue, probably by it's loving owner. It'd have been companion to this dragon while they worked. I guess they could never let go..." *yawn* "...I'm sorry, that's all I can offer. I really need to get some shut-eye... so, goodbye, good luck, and have fun." At that, Stryfler, stumbled off.

23101530_350.png

Stryfler hobbled over to the stand, jaw agape in a drawn-out yawn.

"Hello my fluffy friend. Apologies if I seem sluggish; I was watching the negotiations with the Maren, I hoped it would give me some writing ideas, and it did."

He gave a small nod to the Tundra, who pushed over a crate to him excitedly.

"Oh, looks kinda like my work table... this quill is a beautiful red, but I like my Seafoam one better; got it off a molting Coatl friend. Heh."

"This Prehnite would be a great paperweight, and this blade can be a letter opener. I think so, anyway."

"And this is a memorial cat statue, and this Juneflower has been place upon the statue, probably by it's loving owner. It'd have been companion to this dragon while they worked. I guess they could never let go..."

*yawn* "...I'm sorry, that's all I can offer. I really need to get some shut-eye... so, goodbye, good luck, and have fun."

At that, Stryfler, stumbled off.
cloud_bank_1_by_the_fox_of_wonders-d9vniwg.pnga2qMzgN.gif
July 2 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15727423] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/157275/15727423_350.png[/img] [/url] Romaria smiled as she examined the objects. "Now," she began slowly, "this is one of two things." She rearranged the objects so that the baubles, moonstone and seal mane appeared to be attached to the staff. [item=conjurer's staff][item=glowing pocket bauble][item=seal mane][item=moonstone] "This is either the staff focus that belonged to a long-dead wizard and the preserved remains of his beloved familiar, a mammertee..." [item=mammertee plushie] She smiled a bit wider. "Or you've been duped and these are the playthings of a young dragon who aspired to be a wizard someday when he grew up, and this mammertee is just a convincingly lifelike toy.
July 2

15727423_350.png

Romaria smiled as she examined the objects. "Now," she began slowly, "this is one of two things." She rearranged the objects so that the baubles, moonstone and seal mane appeared to be attached to the staff.
Conjurer's Staff Glowing Pocket Bauble Seal Mane Moonstone
"This is either the staff focus that belonged to a long-dead wizard and the preserved remains of his beloved familiar, a mammertee..."
Mammertee Plushie
She smiled a bit wider. "Or you've been duped and these are the playthings of a young dragon who aspired to be a wizard someday when he grew up, and this mammertee is just a convincingly lifelike toy.
xpF3T3u.png oKZx0K4.png Sales Thread

Dragons Wanted Thread
eZ5CPeG.gif
July 1 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15727423] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/157275/15727423_350.png[/img] [/url] Romaria stepped up and examined the objects for a short time before giving her answer. "Well," she said softly, "this is obviously the remnants of a great altar to worship and to seek assistance and protection of the cat god. The flowers are placed around to create a pleasant atmosphere whilst simultaneously drawing in the energy of the spirits. The green stone here represents the cat's eye as she watches and judges her follower. The hilt is all that remains of a ceremonial blade which can be used to point to the answers if the user chants a mantra. This is much like a Ouija board or a dowsing rod in its own right. The quill and inkwell were used to write prayers and questions for the cat's eye to see and judge, as mentioned before. And the statue of course is the likeness of one of the cat god's forms -- a tribute, even. Cats are fond of flattery as well as gifts, after all." [center] [item=juneflower][item=nickel cat figurine][item=juneflower] [item=juneflower][item=empty inkwell][item=prehnite][item=intact parchment][item=juneflower] [item=juneflower][item=venomblade hilt][item=juneflower] [/center]
July 1

15727423_350.png

Romaria stepped up and examined the objects for a short time before giving her answer. "Well," she said softly, "this is obviously the remnants of a great altar to worship and to seek assistance and protection of the cat god. The flowers are placed around to create a pleasant atmosphere whilst simultaneously drawing in the energy of the spirits. The green stone here represents the cat's eye as she watches and judges her follower. The hilt is all that remains of a ceremonial blade which can be used to point to the answers if the user chants a mantra. This is much like a Ouija board or a dowsing rod in its own right. The quill and inkwell were used to write prayers and questions for the cat's eye to see and judge, as mentioned before. And the statue of course is the likeness of one of the cat god's forms -- a tribute, even. Cats are fond of flattery as well as gifts, after all."
Juneflower Nickel Cat Figurine Juneflower
Juneflower Empty Inkwell Prehnite Intact Parchment Juneflower
Juneflower Venomblade Hilt Juneflower
xpF3T3u.png oKZx0K4.png Sales Thread

Dragons Wanted Thread
eZ5CPeG.gif
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24