Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Artifact Recovery and Reassembly
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/uQkdBVJ.png[/img] [size=6]June 24[/size] @Wonderlast wins the daily prize! @Haoang20082 and @MagpieScholar win the raffle prizes! [quote]View Wonderlast's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1896635/14#20975676]here[/url]. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22517003][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/225171/22517003_350.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20262552][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/202626/20262552_350.png[/img][/url] Celeste squawks indignantly at the band, furiously attempting to convince them how wrong they are and displaying her frills threateningly at Agatha. The activity makes the pile of boxes Zap's working on tip over, burying the poor nocturne underneath them all. Hessdalen heaves a sigh and moves from his spot, shuffling about to pull out a chest and hand it to the most responsible-looking of the band: Miranda. [item=Gilded Treasure Chest] Celeste, upon seeing the chest, abandons her interactions with Donalbain and Agatha, zipping over to drag the chest away. "No! No no no no no!" she says, laboriously moving the chest to someplace behind poor Zap. "Not this one, you fool!" Hessdalen offers Miranda the next closest shiny chest as compensation instead. [item=Gilded Decorative Chest] [/quote] [size=1] @MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @hat17 @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @Draginraptor @Wookiara @UserOfShadows @Naga @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @TesserWings @Saraceaser @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @RRHepburn @Wonderlast [/size]
uQkdBVJ.png

June 24

@Wonderlast wins the daily prize! @Haoang20082 and @MagpieScholar win the raffle prizes!
Quote:
View Wonderlast's entry here.

22517003_350.png20262552_350.png

Celeste squawks indignantly at the band, furiously attempting to convince them how wrong they are and displaying her frills threateningly at Agatha. The activity makes the pile of boxes Zap's working on tip over, burying the poor nocturne underneath them all.

Hessdalen heaves a sigh and moves from his spot, shuffling about to pull out a chest and hand it to the most responsible-looking of the band: Miranda.

Gilded Treasure Chest

Celeste, upon seeing the chest, abandons her interactions with Donalbain and Agatha, zipping over to drag the chest away. "No! No no no no no!" she says, laboriously moving the chest to someplace behind poor Zap. "Not this one, you fool!"

Hessdalen offers Miranda the next closest shiny chest as compensation instead.

Gilded Decorative Chest

@MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @hat17 @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @Draginraptor @Wookiara @UserOfShadows @Naga @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @TesserWings @Saraceaser @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @RRHepburn @Wonderlast
@Vely "Oh! I know about these. It's something that's been passed down in my family for generations." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23863027] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/238631/23863027_350.png[/img] [/url] The coatl grabs a few of the items... [item=Teardrop Pearl Pendant][item=Platinum Ore][item=Jar of Vapors][item=Softly Glowing Pendant] ...and tosses them into a mortar. She crushes them and explains that long before Baldwin started his shop, these items were commonly used to make claw polish. [img]http://i.imgur.com/dOpX44g.jpg[/img] "The more pendants the better," she concludes.
@Vely

"Oh! I know about these. It's something that's been passed down in my family for generations."

23863027_350.png

The coatl grabs a few of the items...

Teardrop Pearl Pendant Platinum Ore Jar of Vapors Softly Glowing Pendant

...and tosses them into a mortar. She crushes them and explains that long before Baldwin started his shop, these items were commonly used to make claw polish.

dOpX44g.jpg

"The more pendants the better," she concludes.
@Vely [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2816787] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/28168/2816787_350.png[/img] [/url] "What you have here is a familiar-tamer's gear! It's amazing how little techniques have changed over the years," Valkyrja smiled. She first of all picked up the stick with the leaves tied on a length of string to one end first. "We still use toys just like this to help convince wary familiars that we are their friends. Play is an important part of the bonding experience, and I'm sure the old familiar tamers would have known that. Then of course we have the Black Tulips here - everyone knows they are a comfort food for dragons, but of course familiars love them too! Giving them treats like this to eat is a great way to get plant-eaters to feel more at home." Smiling, Valkyrja then turned her attention to the softly glowing pendant and the golden statue inside the chest. "This pendant reminds me of Bramble Guardians, after they have been taken over by Parasitic Fungus. Have you seen them in the Forgotten Cave? Look, the shape of the head is just like them, and the colours are right for a Fungus-infected specimen! It's probably for luck. I imagine it was to bring luck while bonding. As for the statue - maybe it was part of some pre-training ritual? Perhaps they used to make offerings to the statue before they tried to train the fiercer familiars, like chimeras, in the hopes that they would have more success?" She then picked up the last item in the chest and looked into the glass of the jar with a melancholy expression. "And this is all that's left of one of the familiars - a jar of vapours. How sad. Still, I've heard that sometimes steam gyres can regenerate if given enough time! We should take off the lid and give it a chance to emerge." She grinned at Leoline. "Maybe I should wear the pendant for luck!"
@Vely

2816787_350.png

"What you have here is a familiar-tamer's gear! It's amazing how little techniques have changed over the years," Valkyrja smiled.

She first of all picked up the stick with the leaves tied on a length of string to one end first.

"We still use toys just like this to help convince wary familiars that we are their friends. Play is an important part of the bonding experience, and I'm sure the old familiar tamers would have known that. Then of course we have the Black Tulips here - everyone knows they are a comfort food for dragons, but of course familiars love them too! Giving them treats like this to eat is a great way to get plant-eaters to feel more at home."

Smiling, Valkyrja then turned her attention to the softly glowing pendant and the golden statue inside the chest.

"This pendant reminds me of Bramble Guardians, after they have been taken over by Parasitic Fungus. Have you seen them in the Forgotten Cave? Look, the shape of the head is just like them, and the colours are right for a Fungus-infected specimen! It's probably for luck. I imagine it was to bring luck while bonding. As for the statue - maybe it was part of some pre-training ritual? Perhaps they used to make offerings to the statue before they tried to train the fiercer familiars, like chimeras, in the hopes that they would have more success?"

She then picked up the last item in the chest and looked into the glass of the jar with a melancholy expression.

"And this is all that's left of one of the familiars - a jar of vapours. How sad. Still, I've heard that sometimes steam gyres can regenerate if given enough time! We should take off the lid and give it a chance to emerge." She grinned at Leoline. "Maybe I should wear the pendant for luck!"
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22467545] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/224676/22467545_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Ianthina sidles up to the array of items. [i]Hmmmm... I have no idea what these used to do! [/i] After asking for permission he starts to fiddle with the items. Finally after several long minutes, he backs away and reveals his interpretation of the items. [i]I made a center piece that I'm sure Apocyna would appreciate. Now, if only I could somehow show it to her...[/i] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/ImFrEhK.jpg[/img][/center] Ianthina's mess of a center piece is definitely not what these items were used for in the past. Somewhere in the Shrieking Wilds, Apocyna feels vaguely proud of her pupil.

Ianthina sidles up to the array of items. Hmmmm... I have no idea what these used to do!

After asking for permission he starts to fiddle with the items. Finally after several long minutes, he backs away and reveals his interpretation of the items.

I made a center piece that I'm sure Apocyna would appreciate. Now, if only I could somehow show it to her...
ImFrEhK.jpg

Ianthina's mess of a center piece is definitely not what these items were used for in the past.
Somewhere in the Shrieking Wilds, Apocyna feels vaguely proud of her pupil.
earthflower.pngfood_cindershroom_by_dogi_crimson-da8qcfn.giffood_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.gifegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.giffood_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.giffood_cindershroom_by_dogi_crimson-da8qcfn.gifearthflower.png
"Haha!" Morro chortled, happy to have a distraction while her companions were off gathering supplies in the city. "Of course I can come to your aid!" "You know, I am a bit surprised you do not recognize some of these. You see this [item=Snow Streak Pinion]? Some think it was used for writing, but they could not be more mistaken! An ear cleaner it was. Plucked from the mustache of the great, extinct Tricoatlops it was! The ancient Loberos had external ears you know. Big ones too! Had to use this to keep them tidy! Ah, I see you took the Musrum apart. Trying to see how it was constructed were you? That shows gumption! Now see, if we just stretch the [item=Wavespun Cloth] over the [item=Staghorn Coral] and secure it with the [item=Teardrop Pearl Pendant] we can have our instrument back. What was that? It does not make any musical tones you would care to indulge in? Well what do you expect! You take apart something that old and [i]of course[/i] it cannot work quite right when reassembled. Surely your workers realized that? Ah! Look up there!" Morro pointed in awe at the bizarre aerial battle unfolding in the skies above. A buzz of Fae were trying to shoot down a Snapper who was miraculously remaining airborne. "Must be a Wind-born Snapper, hm? Well anyway," she continued, gesturing to the Musrum and ear cleaner before her and hiding absolutely nothing behind her back, "that should be everything." "Hm? Missing [item=Platinum Ore]? Oh, well what do you know. The code stone fell on my tail. I had not even noticed. I must thank you for doing so or I would have been liable to walk off with it stuck there. Say, is that a [item=Chimera Relic] over there? You found the code stone and the base? Why, if only you had the thwinker, you could summon the Great Garrulous! What a sight that is to see! Saw it once outside the Mire with Grimma and Lith. Very rare ceremony. One speaks in the language of the earth below by rapping the code stones together upon the rump of this statue here, while weaving the wind around its ears with the thwinker. Do it right and the statues roars, awaking the Great Garrulous. Hmm? What have we here? I was about to say, 'Pity you are missing one ingredient, but it is for the best. The Great Garrulous does not appreciate being awoken!' But look here! You have the [item=Phytocat Toy]! Why with this, the favorite of all the Great Garrulous' playthings, you surely could have distracted him enough to steal a wift of his might mane! Oh? You have [item=Jar of Vapors]? [i]Preserved[/i] Great Garrulous main? No wonder you are not worried about that thwinker. Amazing you kept the rest of the ceremonial gadgets if you already had the mane. I imagine you are planning to use it to infuse the [item=Softly Glowing Pendant] to make your Contrary Stone then, yes? Always good to have an accessory that will ever disagree with you. Keep one on one's toes." She glanced over her shoulder at the approach of her companions. "Pity. That took less time than I thought. I guess I am off on my way once again. What was that? The [item=Black Tulip]? That... is a flower. Have you never seen one? Perhaps you should leave port more often. Well, enjoy your Contrary Stone. Try not to do to it what you did with the Musrum!"
"Haha!" Morro chortled, happy to have a distraction while her companions were off gathering supplies in the city. "Of course I can come to your aid!"

"You know, I am a bit surprised you do not recognize some of these. You see this Snow Streak Pinion ? Some think it was used for writing, but they could not be more mistaken! An ear cleaner it was. Plucked from the mustache of the great, extinct Tricoatlops it was! The ancient Loberos had external ears you know. Big ones too! Had to use this to keep them tidy!

Ah, I see you took the Musrum apart. Trying to see how it was constructed were you? That shows gumption! Now see, if we just stretch the Wavespun Cloth over the Staghorn Coral and secure it with the Teardrop Pearl Pendant we can have our instrument back.

What was that? It does not make any musical tones you would care to indulge in? Well what do you expect! You take apart something that old and of course it cannot work quite right when reassembled. Surely your workers realized that?

Ah! Look up there!"

Morro pointed in awe at the bizarre aerial battle unfolding in the skies above. A buzz of Fae were trying to shoot down a Snapper who was miraculously remaining airborne.

"Must be a Wind-born Snapper, hm? Well anyway," she continued, gesturing to the Musrum and ear cleaner before her and hiding absolutely nothing behind her back, "that should be everything."

"Hm? Missing Platinum Ore ? Oh, well what do you know. The code stone fell on my tail. I had not even noticed. I must thank you for doing so or I would have been liable to walk off with it stuck there.

Say, is that a Chimera Relic over there? You found the code stone and the base? Why, if only you had the thwinker, you could summon the Great Garrulous! What a sight that is to see! Saw it once outside the Mire with Grimma and Lith. Very rare ceremony. One speaks in the language of the earth below by rapping the code stones together upon the rump of this statue here, while weaving the wind around its ears with the thwinker. Do it right and the statues roars, awaking the Great Garrulous.

Hmm? What have we here? I was about to say, 'Pity you are missing one ingredient, but it is for the best. The Great Garrulous does not appreciate being awoken!' But look here! You have the Phytocat Toy ! Why with this, the favorite of all the Great Garrulous' playthings, you surely could have distracted him enough to steal a wift of his might mane!

Oh? You have Jar of Vapors ? Preserved Great Garrulous main? No wonder you are not worried about that thwinker. Amazing you kept the rest of the ceremonial gadgets if you already had the mane. I imagine you are planning to use it to infuse the Softly Glowing Pendant to make your Contrary Stone then, yes? Always good to have an accessory that will ever disagree with you. Keep one on one's toes."

She glanced over her shoulder at the approach of her companions.

"Pity. That took less time than I thought. I guess I am off on my way once again.

What was that? The Black Tulip ? That... is a flower. Have you never seen one? Perhaps you should leave port more often. Well, enjoy your Contrary Stone. Try not to do to it what you did with the Musrum!"
Why not buy XXY? :
24778463.png 24627854.png 25221357.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24160581] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/241606/24160581_350.png[/img] [/url] "See, Miranda? Agatha's a genius. Who were you calling a lobster again." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21958937] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/219590/21958937_350.png[/img] [/url] Miranda was too busy cuddling with the golden chest to notice. As she lay there, softly caressing the lid, Donalbain could swear he heard her whisper, "My precious. My glorious precious." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23044890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230449/23044890_350.png[/img] [/url] "Most responsible? She's the one that wanted to violate the Terms and Services! I've been work my tail off trying to keep these two out of trouble!" Donalbain snorts, "Not doing so well, are we?" Deciding to take the high ground, Cymbeline turns his attention to the artifacts presented to them There appears to be more this time. More items, more possible interpretations. More room for mistakes as well. Donalbain takes a look at the items, and turns to Cymbeline, "Lion dancing. Also, I'm taking the tulips. Agatha's a bit hungry, but nobody's around to sell us meat. Or whatever lobsters eat." Cymbeline quizzically looks at the snappers, before turning back to the items. His eyes qiden in surprise, "Oh my Lightweaver, you're right! You just...." He casts a glance at his friends. Miranda looks like she's about to propose to that golden case, and Donalbain is trying to shove the tulips down Agatha's mouth. Seems like he has no one to monologue to. Cymbeline sighs. Time to set his idea into motion. First, the platinum. If anything, platinum is very pliable. Pulling the chimera statue closer, he presses a chunk of the ore into the statue's face. Carefully, he pulls the sheet away. Sneaking towards Donalbain, Cymbeline holds the platinum impression over one of his stray floating flames. The sheet glows with heat. When Cymbeline pulls away, it hardens into a mask Cymbeline grabs the coral and attach them to the mask. He frames the face with the feathers, and attaches the fabric to the back of the mask. Grabbing the jar of vapors, Cymbeline drops the pendant into the jar. He puts the jar into the mouth of the face. Satisfied with his work, Cymbeline puts the mask on, and throws the cape over his back. Walking towards Donalbain, who was making train noises in an attempt to get Agatha to eat her vegetables, the nocturne taps his back. When Donalbain turns around, what greeted him was a hideous monster, with scowling eyes, a wild blue mane, and a single white horn branching out from the middle of its forehead. Smoke billowed from its mouth, which gave off an eerie red glow. Donalbain screamed.

24160581_350.png

"See, Miranda? Agatha's a genius. Who were you calling a lobster again."

21958937_350.png

Miranda was too busy cuddling with the golden chest to notice. As she lay there, softly caressing the lid, Donalbain could swear he heard her whisper, "My precious. My glorious precious."

23044890_350.png

"Most responsible? She's the one that wanted to violate the Terms and Services! I've been work my tail off trying to keep these two out of trouble!"

Donalbain snorts, "Not doing so well, are we?"

Deciding to take the high ground, Cymbeline turns his attention to the artifacts presented to them There appears to be more this time. More items, more possible interpretations. More room for mistakes as well.

Donalbain takes a look at the items, and turns to Cymbeline, "Lion dancing. Also, I'm taking the tulips. Agatha's a bit hungry, but nobody's around to sell us meat. Or whatever lobsters eat."

Cymbeline quizzically looks at the snappers, before turning back to the items. His eyes qiden in surprise, "Oh my Lightweaver, you're right! You just...."

He casts a glance at his friends. Miranda looks like she's about to propose to that golden case, and Donalbain is trying to shove the tulips down Agatha's mouth. Seems like he has no one to monologue to.

Cymbeline sighs. Time to set his idea into motion. First, the platinum. If anything, platinum is very pliable. Pulling the chimera statue closer, he presses a chunk of the ore into the statue's face. Carefully, he pulls the sheet away. Sneaking towards Donalbain, Cymbeline holds the platinum impression over one of his stray floating flames. The sheet glows with heat. When Cymbeline pulls away, it hardens into a mask

Cymbeline grabs the coral and attach them to the mask. He frames the face with the feathers, and attaches the fabric to the back of the mask. Grabbing the jar of vapors, Cymbeline drops the pendant into the jar. He puts the jar into the mouth of the face. Satisfied with his work, Cymbeline puts the mask on, and throws the cape over his back.

Walking towards Donalbain, who was making train noises in an attempt to get Agatha to eat her vegetables, the nocturne taps his back.

When Donalbain turns around, what greeted him was a hideous monster, with scowling eyes, a wild blue mane, and a single white horn branching out from the middle of its forehead. Smoke billowed from its mouth, which gave off an eerie red glow.

Donalbain screamed.
1WhYQHt.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19442699] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/194427/19442699_350.png[/img] [/url] "Wow, you sure have a mess," the seafoam Fae comments, her nature emblem shining brightly. "Let's see...black tulips? They used to be part of the traditional reconciliation bouquet, at least in the Shrieking Wilds. Not sure if it was the same here - I mean, I've visited places where they're just eaten, which is really quite horrible. Plants are friends, not food." She either ignores or completely misses the baffled look on the Imperial. "Now, I do recall these frightful statues being used to guard the doors of important places. Or maybe they were used as hatchling play toys. I mean, it depends on the hatchling. They look pretty frightful to me, but you lot can just squish it with a foot. These used to be a pretty telling sign of a Spiral colony, actually, though again I don't know if it's the same in the Ruins." "There's an old fairytale surrounding these," the fae continues. "If you place the pendant under the full moon and make a ring of vapor jars around it, you can see the face of your mortal enemy. It doesn't really work that way, since I've tried and all it showed me was the tree behind me, but still. They used to put heirs through this thing, so the bodyguardians could go and remove the threat." "The cloth looks fairly maren-made; our clan merchant could probably tell you more about that. Probably. As for these things...um..." She pokes at the shriveled grey material. "Frankly it looks like one of your Imperial horns, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if your lot used to wear these as fake antlers." At the sharp noise the Imperial makes, she hastily flies back. "Right, so clearly you're one of those antler-touchy ones. Is it some kind of Imperial pride thing? Who has the biggest antlers is the strongest? Anyway. I'm off, this issue seems to be striking home - oh, is it because of your short antlers?"

19442699_350.png

"Wow, you sure have a mess," the seafoam Fae comments, her nature emblem shining brightly. "Let's see...black tulips? They used to be part of the traditional reconciliation bouquet, at least in the Shrieking Wilds. Not sure if it was the same here - I mean, I've visited places where they're just eaten, which is really quite horrible. Plants are friends, not food."

She either ignores or completely misses the baffled look on the Imperial. "Now, I do recall these frightful statues being used to guard the doors of important places. Or maybe they were used as hatchling play toys. I mean, it depends on the hatchling. They look pretty frightful to me, but you lot can just squish it with a foot. These used to be a pretty telling sign of a Spiral colony, actually, though again I don't know if it's the same in the Ruins."

"There's an old fairytale surrounding these," the fae continues. "If you place the pendant under the full moon and make a ring of vapor jars around it, you can see the face of your mortal enemy. It doesn't really work that way, since I've tried and all it showed me was the tree behind me, but still. They used to put heirs through this thing, so the bodyguardians could go and remove the threat."

"The cloth looks fairly maren-made; our clan merchant could probably tell you more about that. Probably. As for these things...um..." She pokes at the shriveled grey material. "Frankly it looks like one of your Imperial horns, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if your lot used to wear these as fake antlers." At the sharp noise the Imperial makes, she hastily flies back.

"Right, so clearly you're one of those antler-touchy ones. Is it some kind of Imperial pride thing? Who has the biggest antlers is the strongest? Anyway. I'm off, this issue seems to be striking home - oh, is it because of your short antlers?"
30286044_7AffP3W60irfkEb.pngjt3PpxV.png
[center][size=6]June 26[/size][/center] [quote]Today is another rainy day, pouring heavily and with a good deal of thunder and lightning. Any dragons outside rush about as fast as they can, eager to find shelter. Not a single merchant remains out today. A lone Snapper remains outside in the same spot they were on Monday. Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked. They have been covered by a thick, water-resistant covering today. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20664865][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/206649/20664865_350.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14660085][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/146601/14660085_350.png[/img][/url][/center] A Pearlcatcher attends the stand, sifting through some of the more ornate containers and pulling out shiny pieces. A Wildclaw stands alert beside her, and whispers something to her as he sees you approach. She quickly shoves the shiny objects into a bag and pushes it aside, then gives you a smile. You notice that her silks make her eyes shine yellow and the Wildclaw’s hat hides his eyes. “Welcome!” Queen says. “Are you a--no, not a customer. Ahem. Are you here to help?” she asks professionally. “We are, ah…” “Are you here to help us identify artifacts?” Shamayim asks smoothly. “We have a good deal to sort through still.” “Yes, that. We do that.” Queen looks about, then pulls up one of the less shiny chests, patting the lid. “Take a look at this for us, will you? I’m going to go finish, ah, cataloging the necklaces.” Shamayim keeps a close eye on you as you check out the items. [center][item=Unicorn Dust][item=Sickle Claws][item=Shining Might Fragment][item=Perfect Skipping Stone][item=Featherback Pelt][/center][/quote] Using any or all of the items above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively. Entries are due by 00:40 June 27, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions. Today’s dragons courtesy of @Irregular and @Julis. [size=1] @MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @LadyKnightKatsa @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @Gheron @TesserWings @Saraceaser @Leopardmask @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @Proxima @RRHepburn @NicoleEirin [/size]
June 26
Quote:
Today is another rainy day, pouring heavily and with a good deal of thunder and lightning. Any dragons outside rush about as fast as they can, eager to find shelter. Not a single merchant remains out today. A lone Snapper remains outside in the same spot they were on Monday.

Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked. They have been covered by a thick, water-resistant covering today.
20664865_350.png14660085_350.png

A Pearlcatcher attends the stand, sifting through some of the more ornate containers and pulling out shiny pieces. A Wildclaw stands alert beside her, and whispers something to her as he sees you approach. She quickly shoves the shiny objects into a bag and pushes it aside, then gives you a smile. You notice that her silks make her eyes shine yellow and the Wildclaw’s hat hides his eyes.

“Welcome!” Queen says. “Are you a--no, not a customer. Ahem. Are you here to help?” she asks professionally. “We are, ah…”

“Are you here to help us identify artifacts?” Shamayim asks smoothly. “We have a good deal to sort through still.”

“Yes, that. We do that.” Queen looks about, then pulls up one of the less shiny chests, patting the lid. “Take a look at this for us, will you? I’m going to go finish, ah, cataloging the necklaces.”

Shamayim keeps a close eye on you as you check out the items.

Unicorn Dust Sickle Claws Shining Might Fragment Perfect Skipping Stone Featherback Pelt

Using any or all of the items above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively.

Entries are due by 00:40 June 27, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions.

Today’s dragons courtesy of @Irregular and @Julis.

@MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @LadyKnightKatsa @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @Gheron @TesserWings @Saraceaser @Leopardmask @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @Proxima @RRHepburn @NicoleEirin
unicorn dust may have been used to make stuff float and move them and to hold then drop prey and kill them and uproot trees, and plants with long roots.
unicorn dust may have been used to make stuff float and move them and to hold then drop prey and kill them and uproot trees, and plants with long roots.
Please ignore all post from before 15/3/18. Thanks and have an awesome day!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10047883] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/100479/10047883_350.png[/img] [/url] Raine returned to look over the artifacts - the first chest's contents caught his eye. He picked up the staghorn coral and turned it over. "While this is usually used decoratively, I believe this piece is from a jeweler's shop. You can see an example of the dragon's finished work in this pendant, which must have come from the same shop. Strands of this cloth were woven around the coral, holding in the feathers. The platinum ore, once it was polished and shaped, was used as ornaments at the end of the coral. I think the jewelry was more decorative than ritualistic. Very interesting nonetheless."

10047883_350.png

Raine returned to look over the artifacts - the first chest's contents caught his eye. He picked up the staghorn coral and turned it over.

"While this is usually used decoratively, I believe this piece is from a jeweler's shop. You can see an example of the dragon's finished work in this pendant, which must have come from the same shop. Strands of this cloth were woven around the coral, holding in the feathers. The platinum ore, once it was polished and shaped, was used as ornaments at the end of the coral. I think the jewelry was more decorative than ritualistic. Very interesting nonetheless."
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24