Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Artifact Recovery and Reassembly
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/uQkdBVJ.png[/img] [size=6]June 23[/size] @Valoria wins the day's prize! @SunstonePhoenix and @Wonderlast win the raffle prizes! [quote]View Valoria's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1896635/12#20946576]here[/url]. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15775292] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/157753/15775292_350.png[/img] [/url] Aspen pokes and prods at the contraption Cora put together, then nods once and replaces the mass in the box it came from. She slowly and solemnly sticks a label on it and places it with the other finished sets, then picks up a new chest and nudges it across the table. "That one's for you," Zap says, sparing a quick look for the two of them. "A whole lot of junk we don't need." [item=Gilded Decorative Chest][/quote] [quote][item=Aer Phantom] An aer phantom stumbles out from behind some of the boxes and blinks curiously at the spectre. It nods approvingly, then shyly attaches itself to a nearby dragon, uncertain where else to go. View @Leopardmask's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1896635/12#20953619]here[/url]![/quote] [size=1] @MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @hat17 @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @Draginraptor @Wookiara @UserOfShadows @Naga @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @TesserWings @Saraceaser @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @RRHepburn @Wonderlast [/size][/center]
uQkdBVJ.png

June 23

@Valoria wins the day's prize! @SunstonePhoenix and @Wonderlast win the raffle prizes!
Quote:
View Valoria's entry here.

15775292_350.png

Aspen pokes and prods at the contraption Cora put together, then nods once and replaces the mass in the box it came from. She slowly and solemnly sticks a label on it and places it with the other finished sets, then picks up a new chest and nudges it across the table.

"That one's for you," Zap says, sparing a quick look for the two of them. "A whole lot of junk we don't need."

Gilded Decorative Chest
Quote:
Aer Phantom

An aer phantom stumbles out from behind some of the boxes and blinks curiously at the spectre. It nods approvingly, then shyly attaches itself to a nearby dragon, uncertain where else to go.

View @Leopardmask's entry here!

@MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @hat17 @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @Draginraptor @Wookiara @UserOfShadows @Naga @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @TesserWings @Saraceaser @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @RRHepburn @Wonderlast
@TesserWings

Thanks! :>
@TesserWings

Thanks! :>
cloud_bank_1_by_the_fox_of_wonders-d9vniwg.pnga2qMzgN.gif
@Vely [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5443143] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/54432/5443143_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Stark raised an eyebrow. "Lightning Flight Spirals? Doing [i]art[/i]?" He chuckled and shook his head. "I doubt it - I've never met a Lightning Spiral with the patience for anything other than abstract expressionist stuff - and even that's usually by accident 'cause they accidentally get paint on their claws and tail and end up flinging it all over something, and then someone mistakes it for art. Besides, they just don't have the time: the Stormcatcher keeps everybody pretty busy over there, y'know." As he talked, he rummaged in the Fae'sbox while his golem watched from his shoulder with electrically bright eyes. "Yea, this? Is [i]not [/i]the work of a Lightning Spiral," Stark confirmed. Inside the box was a silver dragon's head, which looked as if it might be a stylised Spiral - though Stark wasn't sure. It was attached to long strip of blue-green cloth, similar in colour to the electricity that powered Stark's golem. The cloth had been moulded over a copper wire framework to give it a rough shape that was similar to that of a Spiral, corkscrewing through the air. On the back, where a Spiral's various wings would ordinarily be, someone had carefully sewn dried flower petals in a pinkish-white hue: they were fragile and starting to crumble, but the effect remained. "I think this was supposed to [i]represent[/i] a Lightning Spiral?" Stark suggested. "Still don't think they actually made it, though." [i]((OOC: I apologise to all Lightning Spirals for Stark's stereotyping, and also for maligning abstract expressionism, heh. Here is used parts from the Electrified Sash, the Fancy Silver-Plated Buckle, and the Spathiphyllum.))[/i]
@Vely
Stark raised an eyebrow.

"Lightning Flight Spirals? Doing art?" He chuckled and shook his head. "I doubt it - I've never met a Lightning Spiral with the patience for anything other than abstract expressionist stuff - and even that's usually by accident 'cause they accidentally get paint on their claws and tail and end up flinging it all over something, and then someone mistakes it for art. Besides, they just don't have the time: the Stormcatcher keeps everybody pretty busy over there, y'know."

As he talked, he rummaged in the Fae'sbox while his golem watched from his shoulder with electrically bright eyes.

"Yea, this? Is not the work of a Lightning Spiral," Stark confirmed.

Inside the box was a silver dragon's head, which looked as if it might be a stylised Spiral - though Stark wasn't sure. It was attached to long strip of blue-green cloth, similar in colour to the electricity that powered Stark's golem. The cloth had been moulded over a copper wire framework to give it a rough shape that was similar to that of a Spiral, corkscrewing through the air. On the back, where a Spiral's various wings would ordinarily be, someone had carefully sewn dried flower petals in a pinkish-white hue: they were fragile and starting to crumble, but the effect remained.

"I think this was supposed to represent a Lightning Spiral?" Stark suggested. "Still don't think they actually made it, though."

((OOC: I apologise to all Lightning Spirals for Stark's stereotyping, and also for maligning abstract expressionism, heh. Here is used parts from the Electrified Sash, the Fancy Silver-Plated Buckle, and the Spathiphyllum.))
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23044890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230449/23044890_350.png[/img] [/url] "Welcome back, Donalbain. That's a pretty big bruise on your forehead." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21958937] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/219590/21958937_350.png[/img] [/url] "Good. You're here. Give me your phone." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24160581] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/241606/24160581_350.png[/img] [/url] "What do you want with it? It's mine. Plus, that cute nocturne that was running the artifact booth gave me her number. I'm going to ask her out." Donalbain puffs his chest out proudly. Next to him, Agatha hovers in the upturned hat. Rolling her eyes, the snipper maneuvers herself towards the pile on the booth. Excitedly, she begins to snap her claws at the artifacts. Donalbain's head snaps over to her instantly, "What's wrong, Agatha? I'm coming." The trio walk over to the stand. Agatha excitedly points and gestures at the various items, garnering confused looks from the dragons. Miranda was the first to speak, "Yes, lobster. We get it. Figure out the artifacts. Get stuff for the band. We could really use money for those new sousaphones." Agatha rolls her eyes, and gestures at the items with more ferocity. When Miranda tries to grab the spathiphyllum, Agatha angrily snaps at her hand. Cymbeline, who has positioned himself behind Donalbain, squeaks, "She's going rabid! We have to... um.. put her down." It was Donalbain's turn to roll his eyes. He notices that the snipper was gesturing at the belt. Picking it up, he notice Agatha giving him an approving crustacean look. She begins to gesture again, this time at the pottery shards and the flowers at the same time. Dinalbain starts to follow all of her directions, picking up this, dropping that, smashing those. Miranda and Cymbeline watch in awe. Miranda mutters under her breath, "Outsmarted by a lobster. Awesome." Agatha stops gesturing, and Donalbain steps back with a smile. He turns to his friends and begins to explain, "Agatha's a genius. I'm going to explain what she did and fill in the holes. Anyways, this 'belt' isn't actually a belt at all. You actually wrap it around your hands and use it to grind up pigments." "The pottery pieces and the spathiphyllum are ingredients for a dye. Grind them up using the 'belt,' and you get this," Donalbain holds up a dark purple paste. Agatha excitedly gestures towards a bottle of water. Donalbain laughs, "Patience, please. I'm getting there." "You add some water to this paste to make ink. Then, you can use this ink to write letters or even to paint pictures. Since this ink isn't black," Donalbain picks up the clay relief, "They probably used it for art, not writing. If you dip this clay carving in the ink, and slap it onto a smooth, flat surface, you get the picture on the carving, in royal purple." Donalbain dips the tablet in the ink, and starts to stamp purple pictures of the guardian all over the booth. Cymbeline smiles, "This sounds good, thanks Agatha. Let's submit. Is that okay with you?" He turns to Miranda. Miranda huffs, "What about the sash?" Donalbain laughs, "Who cares about the sash? Plus, the batteries I got from that jar is running low. I'm using the sash to power Agatha's ride. It's lightning flight stuff, after all." Donalbain gestures to the winged hat, which now sports a lightning sash haphazardly attached to the coils of the laser. Before either Cymbeline or Miranda are able to protest, Donalbain clicked submit.

23044890_350.png

"Welcome back, Donalbain. That's a pretty big bruise on your forehead."

21958937_350.png

"Good. You're here. Give me your phone."

24160581_350.png

"What do you want with it? It's mine. Plus, that cute nocturne that was running the artifact booth gave me her number. I'm going to ask her out."

Donalbain puffs his chest out proudly. Next to him, Agatha hovers in the upturned hat. Rolling her eyes, the snipper maneuvers herself towards the pile on the booth. Excitedly, she begins to snap her claws at the artifacts.

Donalbain's head snaps over to her instantly, "What's wrong, Agatha? I'm coming."

The trio walk over to the stand. Agatha excitedly points and gestures at the various items, garnering confused looks from the dragons.

Miranda was the first to speak, "Yes, lobster. We get it. Figure out the artifacts. Get stuff for the band. We could really use money for those new sousaphones."

Agatha rolls her eyes, and gestures at the items with more ferocity. When Miranda tries to grab the spathiphyllum, Agatha angrily snaps at her hand.

Cymbeline, who has positioned himself behind Donalbain, squeaks, "She's going rabid! We have to... um.. put her down."

It was Donalbain's turn to roll his eyes. He notices that the snipper was gesturing at the belt. Picking it up, he notice Agatha giving him an approving crustacean look. She begins to gesture again, this time at the pottery shards and the flowers at the same time. Dinalbain starts to follow all of her directions, picking up this, dropping that, smashing those. Miranda and Cymbeline watch in awe.

Miranda mutters under her breath, "Outsmarted by a lobster. Awesome."

Agatha stops gesturing, and Donalbain steps back with a smile. He turns to his friends and begins to explain, "Agatha's a genius. I'm going to explain what she did and fill in the holes. Anyways, this 'belt' isn't actually a belt at all. You actually wrap it around your hands and use it to grind up pigments."

"The pottery pieces and the spathiphyllum are ingredients for a dye. Grind them up using the 'belt,' and you get this," Donalbain holds up a dark purple paste. Agatha excitedly gestures towards a bottle of water. Donalbain laughs, "Patience, please. I'm getting there."

"You add some water to this paste to make ink. Then, you can use this ink to write letters or even to paint pictures. Since this ink isn't black," Donalbain picks up the clay relief, "They probably used it for art, not writing. If you dip this clay carving in the ink, and slap it onto a smooth, flat surface, you get the picture on the carving, in royal purple."

Donalbain dips the tablet in the ink, and starts to stamp purple pictures of the guardian all over the booth.

Cymbeline smiles, "This sounds good, thanks Agatha. Let's submit. Is that okay with you?" He turns to Miranda.

Miranda huffs, "What about the sash?"

Donalbain laughs, "Who cares about the sash? Plus, the batteries I got from that jar is running low. I'm using the sash to power Agatha's ride. It's lightning flight stuff, after all."

Donalbain gestures to the winged hat, which now sports a lightning sash haphazardly attached to the coils of the laser. Before either Cymbeline or Miranda are able to protest, Donalbain clicked submit.
1WhYQHt.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/ED4f1Xy.jpg[/img] [i]When whole, this would have been a wondrous vase. Used to hold flowers, in this case spathiphyllum, this vase could have been decorated with all manner of finery. Silks, scarves and shawls were used to adorn it. Depending on the flight, thematic scarves may have also been used. See above for a mock up of a Lightning themed vase.[/i][/center]
ED4f1Xy.jpg

When whole, this would have been a wondrous vase. Used to hold flowers, in this case spathiphyllum, this vase could have been decorated with all manner of finery. Silks, scarves and shawls were used to adorn it. Depending on the flight, thematic scarves may have also been used. See above for a mock up of a Lightning themed vase.
earthflower.pngfood_cindershroom_by_dogi_crimson-da8qcfn.giffood_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.gifegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.giffood_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.giffood_cindershroom_by_dogi_crimson-da8qcfn.gifearthflower.png
[center][size=6]June 25[/size][/center] [quote]The activity on the docks has calmed significantly despite continued rumors and worries. Dragons resume hawking their wares, though merchants and customers alike are fewer in number, and most who remain are concerned with survival. Some are more concerned with power, and more than once larger dragons have had to break up a fight. The Fae pirates have taken off, their ship somehow having been built in hardly more than a day. Rumor suggests they’ll drown before the week is up. Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20187815][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/201879/20187815_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Leoline is monitoring the stand today, wearing some suspiciously old-looking apparel with traces of dust still visible. She offers you a warm expression, sweeping another few interesting objects out of sight with her tail. “I’ve heard you’re a very eager helper around here. Or was that somebody else?” She tsks. “No matter. You’re here now.” She gently pours out the contents of one of the chests onto the table. “Oh, those are rather pretty.” [center][item=Teardrop Pearl Pendant][item=Platinum Ore][item=Wavespun Cloth][item=Snow Streak Pinion][item=Staghorn Coral][/center] “You know,” Leoline continues, “it might be best if I try to identify these ones.” She pushes them to the side of the table and opens up another chest. “How about you take a look at these instead?” [center][item=Black Tulip][item=Phytocat Toy][item=Chimera Relic][item=Jar of Vapors][item=Softly Glowing Pendant][/center][/quote] Using any or all of the items from [b]either or both[/b] of the sets above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively. Even though there are two available prompts today, only one entry will count. Entries are due by 00:40 June 26, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions. [size=1] @MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @LadyKnightKatsa @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @Gheron @TesserWings @Saraceaser @Leopardmask @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @Proxima @RRHepburn [/size]
June 25
Quote:
The activity on the docks has calmed significantly despite continued rumors and worries. Dragons resume hawking their wares, though merchants and customers alike are fewer in number, and most who remain are concerned with survival. Some are more concerned with power, and more than once larger dragons have had to break up a fight.

The Fae pirates have taken off, their ship somehow having been built in hardly more than a day. Rumor suggests they’ll drown before the week is up.

Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked.
20187815_350.png

Leoline is monitoring the stand today, wearing some suspiciously old-looking apparel with traces of dust still visible. She offers you a warm expression, sweeping another few interesting objects out of sight with her tail.

“I’ve heard you’re a very eager helper around here. Or was that somebody else?” She tsks. “No matter. You’re here now.”

She gently pours out the contents of one of the chests onto the table. “Oh, those are rather pretty.”

Teardrop Pearl Pendant Platinum Ore Wavespun Cloth Snow Streak Pinion Staghorn Coral

“You know,” Leoline continues, “it might be best if I try to identify these ones.” She pushes them to the side of the table and opens up another chest. “How about you take a look at these instead?”

Black Tulip Phytocat Toy Chimera Relic Jar of Vapors Softly Glowing Pendant

Using any or all of the items from either or both of the sets above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively.

Even though there are two available prompts today, only one entry will count.

Entries are due by 00:40 June 26, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions.

@MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @LadyKnightKatsa @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @Gheron @TesserWings @Saraceaser @Leopardmask @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @Proxima @RRHepburn
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18537695] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/185377/18537695_350.png[/img] [/url] "Ah, yes, the diplomat's items," the minute Fae said. "Any two parties in war would have a whole cartful of these, except maybe of the sash. If you wanted to send a herald without them being accidentally killed by the other side, this was what you went with." He carefully lifted out a piece of ceramic. "These? When whole, you'd use them as pots for the delicate pink flower you've got there. Peace lilies were the more conventional use, but any flower from that family - so long as it's got the right shape - could be used. Your herald would go up and present the other faction with a ceramic pot of flowers, and that's how they'd know you wanted a treaty rather than bloodshed." "Of course, diplomacy was far more formal back then; the pavilion had to feature exactly eleven of these Guardian carvings, one for every flight. They represented safety and protection, and breaking truce inside that ring was instant death. The chief diplomats would each wear two sashes, one for their flight, one for wherever their clan resided. If they were the same, you just had a dragon wear two of these sashes. As for the buckle - there was never a shortage of broken weaponry, and these melt really easily while still providing relative durability, so it was instant field repair for weaponry. Healing doesn't really work on inanimate objects." "Though as for your certainty on the Spirals in the Tempest Spire...um...well, it's true that together these make the diplomat's tools, but it's also quite possible that Spirals carved these?"

18537695_350.png

"Ah, yes, the diplomat's items," the minute Fae said. "Any two parties in war would have a whole cartful of these, except maybe of the sash. If you wanted to send a herald without them being accidentally killed by the other side, this was what you went with."

He carefully lifted out a piece of ceramic. "These? When whole, you'd use them as pots for the delicate pink flower you've got there. Peace lilies were the more conventional use, but any flower from that family - so long as it's got the right shape - could be used. Your herald would go up and present the other faction with a ceramic pot of flowers, and that's how they'd know you wanted a treaty rather than bloodshed."

"Of course, diplomacy was far more formal back then; the pavilion had to feature exactly eleven of these Guardian carvings, one for every flight. They represented safety and protection, and breaking truce inside that ring was instant death. The chief diplomats would each wear two sashes, one for their flight, one for wherever their clan resided. If they were the same, you just had a dragon wear two of these sashes. As for the buckle - there was never a shortage of broken weaponry, and these melt really easily while still providing relative durability, so it was instant field repair for weaponry. Healing doesn't really work on inanimate objects."

"Though as for your certainty on the Spirals in the Tempest Spire...um...well, it's true that together these make the diplomat's tools, but it's also quite possible that Spirals carved these?"
30286044_7AffP3W60irfkEb.pngjt3PpxV.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20258766] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/202588/20258766_350.png[/img] [/url] "Ah. Yes, truly the work of an ancient Lightning Spiral." "Nowadays, Lightning Spirals put their energy into working for the Stormcatcher, but when Wind Spirals first arrived at the Shifting Expanse, the next few generations exhibited Wind-like qualities like a sense of adventure and creativity, but they also were grounded by Lightning's values of hard work and dedication." "This combination thus turned out a bunch of ambitious artists who worked tirelessly at perfecting and expanding their craft. They formed their own little community where everyone taught each other, and practically became a sort of art factory, spitting out piece after piece, each better than the last. In fact, for a while, their work was highly sought after, and many paid well for their services." "A sample of beautiful stonework, this tablet is. Look at the smoothness of the finish, the expressiveness of the stone... The story engraved here has not lost its emotion by being carved in stone, but it had been enhanced! Absolutely marvelous!" "This sash? Woven only by the best, and rewarded to only the best. And he jewel accessory that comes with it? Cut by a Lightning Spiral. This sash would be given to those who have upheld the name of Lightning. Some of the best artists in their community have been honored with this, for they have brought fame to Lightning for their masterpieces." "The handiness of the Lightning Spirals saw no end. They fashioned their own work belts to hold their tools, each customised to a profession, and every single one was decorated with a silver buckle with a Spiral's head upon it." "And these pot pieces? Just by looking at these pieces, we can see intricate, hand-drawn patterns, which was likely an arduous task. If we reconstructed it, it would likely show near perfect symmetry on all sides." "These flowers were also manipulated by Lightning Spirals for their artistic endeavors. Though not the most popular, flower arrangements were still mastered by some of the Spirals. It looks like only this hardy specimen survived to this day, however." "To tell the truth, I can't say for sure if this was Lightning Spiral work. As there few texts that mention them, let alone detail them. But these artifacts do appear to have a sort of mark that appears to be a Spiral, so I strongly believe this is the case."

20258766_350.png

"Ah. Yes, truly the work of an ancient Lightning Spiral."

"Nowadays, Lightning Spirals put their energy into working for the Stormcatcher, but when Wind Spirals first arrived at the Shifting Expanse, the next few generations exhibited Wind-like qualities like a sense of adventure and creativity, but they also were grounded by Lightning's values of hard work and dedication."

"This combination thus turned out a bunch of ambitious artists who worked tirelessly at perfecting and expanding their craft. They formed their own little community where everyone taught each other, and practically became a sort of art factory, spitting out piece after piece, each better than the last. In fact, for a while, their work was highly sought after, and many paid well for their services."

"A sample of beautiful stonework, this tablet is. Look at the smoothness of the finish, the expressiveness of the stone... The story engraved here has not lost its emotion by being carved in stone, but it had been enhanced! Absolutely marvelous!"

"This sash? Woven only by the best, and rewarded to only the best. And he jewel accessory that comes with it? Cut by a Lightning Spiral. This sash would be given to those who have upheld the name of Lightning. Some of the best artists in their community have been honored with this, for they have brought fame to Lightning for their masterpieces."

"The handiness of the Lightning Spirals saw no end. They fashioned their own work belts to hold their tools, each customised to a profession, and every single one was decorated with a silver buckle with a Spiral's head upon it."

"And these pot pieces? Just by looking at these pieces, we can see intricate, hand-drawn patterns, which was likely an arduous task. If we reconstructed it, it would likely show near perfect symmetry on all sides."

"These flowers were also manipulated by Lightning Spirals for their artistic endeavors. Though not the most popular, flower arrangements were still mastered by some of the Spirals. It looks like only this hardy specimen survived to this day, however."

"To tell the truth, I can't say for sure if this was Lightning Spiral work. As there few texts that mention them, let alone detail them. But these artifacts do appear to have a sort of mark that appears to be a Spiral, so I strongly believe this is the case."

cloud_bank_1_by_the_fox_of_wonders-d9vniwg.pnga2qMzgN.gif
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/B648Ttg.png[/img] [b]Notes: Day Unknown. Name: Lindi.[/b] [i]Another day, another set of artifacts. Would you believe I'm getting tired of this? No? Alright then. Another Imperial today, but more artifacts than normal...[/i] [color=#6d6837] "Hmm... You know what, if you don't mind, I'll take a look at a mix of these. Not all, but some from each chest. Platinum Ore is a relatively rare substance, often used in the crafting of fine jewellery. The pendant from the second chest, although made from cheap silver rather than platinum, is an example of what might be created from it. This cloth here actually changes color whenever taken underwater. The hues are beautiful and strange, not something I could easily describe. The feather is a very simple thing, dropped from a Snowstreak's tail. They are often used as head decoration, as well as Black Tulips along with other feathers and flowers." [/color] A low, growl-like howling sound can be heard from very far away. Lindi instinctively jerks her head back, body tense. [color=#6d6837]"Oh ****... That was Kali. I should hurry up. The jar of vapor is something my Clan hoards, we like to smoke bomb other Lairs and Clans with it. Gotta go now, bye!"[/color] The little Sprite, body still tense, flies off leaving a trail of light and dark sparkles. [i] Dangit, Kali. Interrupting me in the middle of my work. Please don't read this... [/i] [/center]
B648Ttg.png

Notes: Day Unknown. Name: Lindi.

Another day, another set of artifacts. Would you believe I'm getting tired of this? No? Alright then. Another Imperial today, but more artifacts than normal...

"Hmm... You know what, if you don't mind, I'll take a look at a mix of these. Not all, but some from each chest.

Platinum Ore is a relatively rare substance, often used in the crafting of fine jewellery. The pendant from the second chest, although made from cheap silver rather than platinum, is an example of what might be created from it.

This cloth here actually changes color whenever taken underwater. The hues are beautiful and strange, not something I could easily describe.

The feather is a very simple thing, dropped from a Snowstreak's tail. They are often used as head decoration, as well as Black Tulips along with other feathers and flowers."

A low, growl-like howling sound can be heard from very far away. Lindi instinctively jerks her head back, body tense.

"Oh ****... That was Kali. I should hurry up. The jar of vapor is something my Clan hoards, we like to smoke bomb other Lairs and Clans with it. Gotta go now, bye!"

The little Sprite, body still tense, flies off leaving a trail of light and dark sparkles.

Dangit, Kali. Interrupting me in the middle of my work. Please don't read this...
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
@Vely [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19388051] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/193881/19388051_350.png[/img] [/url] The witch nods sagely, for she remembers the time when these artifacts were in use. Though she does not look it, she is immensely old, and closes her eyes to recount the tale. "Long ago," she begins, her hand flitting over the chimera relic, "the world was not so tame. Nowadays the Blacksand Annex makes these toys for hatchlings, but they have forgotten their origins. "When the beastclan rose, dragons had to fight back. Artisans created artificial monsters as personal guardians. Small golden chimeras enchanted to prowl back and forth before the entrances to lairs emitted terrifying roars. When merely scaring the beastclan was no longer an option, dragons had to turn offensive. [item=jar of vapors][item=softly glowing pendant] "These two items here are remnants of such protections. Each contains a powerful companion - when the jar is broken, a Steam Gyre will emerge and wreak destruction in the area. They were often thrown at an enemy before running hard in the other direction. Jittery or clumsy dragons caused quite a lot of destruction accidentally. "That is why dragonkind began using these." She fingers the pendant cautiously. "Bound to one owner, it could summon a gargoyle, a fearsome serpentine creature. They were difficult to control, however. Some gargoyles figured out that breaking the pendant would free them, if the gargoyle was outside the pendant at the time. These escaped gargoyles fled into obscurity, never aging, merely blending in with the dragons they once served." Something in her eyes flashes, and she puts the pendant down quickly. "Of course," she adds, "this is only a story. I only know of one free gargoyle."
@Vely

19388051_350.png

The witch nods sagely, for she remembers the time when these artifacts were in use. Though she does not look it, she is immensely old, and closes her eyes to recount the tale.

"Long ago," she begins, her hand flitting over the chimera relic, "the world was not so tame. Nowadays the Blacksand Annex makes these toys for hatchlings, but they have forgotten their origins.

"When the beastclan rose, dragons had to fight back. Artisans created artificial monsters as personal guardians. Small golden chimeras enchanted to prowl back and forth before the entrances to lairs emitted terrifying roars. When merely scaring the beastclan was no longer an option, dragons had to turn offensive.

Jar of Vapors Softly Glowing Pendant

"These two items here are remnants of such protections. Each contains a powerful companion - when the jar is broken, a Steam Gyre will emerge and wreak destruction in the area. They were often thrown at an enemy before running hard in the other direction. Jittery or clumsy dragons caused quite a lot of destruction accidentally.

"That is why dragonkind began using these." She fingers the pendant cautiously. "Bound to one owner, it could summon a gargoyle, a fearsome serpentine creature. They were difficult to control, however. Some gargoyles figured out that breaking the pendant would free them, if the gargoyle was outside the pendant at the time. These escaped gargoyles fled into obscurity, never aging, merely blending in with the dragons they once served."

Something in her eyes flashes, and she puts the pendant down quickly. "Of course," she adds, "this is only a story. I only know of one free gargoyle."
tgTY.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24