Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Revelry! [Lore] WIP
1 2
It's finally here, the restart of my lore and my what a wonderful idea I have to run with. I had several ideas and I'll admit that i would love to do most of them however it's been ages since I've written so this gives me a chance to get back into the swing of things!

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this post for the rest of my time or if I'll start a new one once this part of my lore ends but regardless we are here and shall be for awhile. Time to get this party started~!

This part of my lore shall be based on #13-The Revelry! My dragons have gone party crazy and has been so for quite some time to many records are out of date. It's up to a handful of dragons to try to figure out what happened and how to stop before disaster strikes!

Pinglist:
@Katerrn

DIRECTORY:
Page 1-

May 27th 2016 Census Report
Letter to Nyla from Sahqolok
Letter to Nyla from Niles
Page 2-
Chapter 1
It's finally here, the restart of my lore and my what a wonderful idea I have to run with. I had several ideas and I'll admit that i would love to do most of them however it's been ages since I've written so this gives me a chance to get back into the swing of things!

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this post for the rest of my time or if I'll start a new one once this part of my lore ends but regardless we are here and shall be for awhile. Time to get this party started~!

This part of my lore shall be based on #13-The Revelry! My dragons have gone party crazy and has been so for quite some time to many records are out of date. It's up to a handful of dragons to try to figure out what happened and how to stop before disaster strikes!

Pinglist:
@Katerrn

DIRECTORY:
Page 1-

May 27th 2016 Census Report
Letter to Nyla from Sahqolok
Letter to Nyla from Niles
Page 2-
Chapter 1
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
Census Report on Clan #138161
Records updated: 27th of Greenskeeper
Origin Flight: Fire
Current Flight: Fire
Clan Named: Clan Ghost Lights
Motto: Revel in the lights in the dark

Basic Breakdown:
Lair's Last Known Location:
On the West edge of the Emberglow Hearth, towards the Great Furnace.
Lair Description:
Large Bathhouse built into the hearth's edge with a growing bazaar sprawling around it. Several other unknown structures seem to have been dug out of the rim of the Hearth and the main clan lies within it.
Patriarch: Rezmor
Consort: ? (formerly Iizstrun, recently deceased)
Matriarch: MinthaRosa (Minty)
Consort: Kiril (formerly Firefly, ?)

Number of Dragons: Number and following figures highly skeptical.
101 Dragons, 55 males/46 females registered
Elemental Breakdown: Number and following figures highly skeptical.
Fire-25, Nature-13, Wind-9, Lightning-9, Ice-9, Light-8, Water-7, Arcane-7, Plague-6, Earth-5, Shadow-3
Breed Breakdown: Number and following figures highly skeptical.
Mirror-15, Wildclaw-15, Pearlcatcher-10,Coatl-9, Fae-8, Spiral-8, Skydancer-8, Imperial-8, Guardian-7, Nocturne-6, Snapper-3, Tundra-2, Ridgeback-2
Census Report on Clan #138161
Records updated: 27th of Greenskeeper
Origin Flight: Fire
Current Flight: Fire
Clan Named: Clan Ghost Lights
Motto: Revel in the lights in the dark

Basic Breakdown:
Lair's Last Known Location:
On the West edge of the Emberglow Hearth, towards the Great Furnace.
Lair Description:
Large Bathhouse built into the hearth's edge with a growing bazaar sprawling around it. Several other unknown structures seem to have been dug out of the rim of the Hearth and the main clan lies within it.
Patriarch: Rezmor
Consort: ? (formerly Iizstrun, recently deceased)
Matriarch: MinthaRosa (Minty)
Consort: Kiril (formerly Firefly, ?)

Number of Dragons: Number and following figures highly skeptical.
101 Dragons, 55 males/46 females registered
Elemental Breakdown: Number and following figures highly skeptical.
Fire-25, Nature-13, Wind-9, Lightning-9, Ice-9, Light-8, Water-7, Arcane-7, Plague-6, Earth-5, Shadow-3
Breed Breakdown: Number and following figures highly skeptical.
Mirror-15, Wildclaw-15, Pearlcatcher-10,Coatl-9, Fae-8, Spiral-8, Skydancer-8, Imperial-8, Guardian-7, Nocturne-6, Snapper-3, Tundra-2, Ridgeback-2
Major Things of Note

Clan Ghost Lights is surprisingly self-sufficient, what they don't make they trade for and even then it's more they trade for more at once then they can make at once.

Natural resources:
While not very close to the Molten Scar there is at least one dragon registered as a diver for rare metals. There are some rare herbs and hardy plants known to grow in their territory. They are also located on what seems to be some kind of structure that no dragon has been known to build. Whether this falls under Natural Resources is still being discussed. Equally as discussed is a peculiar well of magic that has been recognized but there are no records of any similar type of magic appearing in the Ashfall Waste, there's equally no records of any known effects, if the clan has studied it, it's all been internal.

Exports:
While they might not have much in the way of known natural resources they have a fairly large export business for their size. Besides churning out the usual smith products they must also have some kind of Lightning or Arcane tech genius in their midst because they also provide many a clan with gadgets and technology beyond the usual muster. Also rarely exported as several ancient artifacts that must be connected to the unknown structure but most of those end up in the Sunbeam Ruins. Oddly enough they also provide fruit for local nearby clans. From the rumors they have apparently managed to grow an actual orchard in the middle of all the heat and ash that's thriving and not just Fire-native fruits either. There's also the usual monster fare since several members of the clan have been cleared for Coliseum battling.

Imports:
Imports seem to be case to case, the steadiest thing they bring in is wax and oils for the lamps and candles that are heavily scattered around their territory. Meat and insects are also a fairly common import that pops up though considering the breeds in the clan it's not surprising that even their hunters can't keep up since they have no local or in-clan source of it. There are records of a licensed skin-mage living in the clan so skin spells are known to be brought in though the license is for application only and not creation.

Trading:
Apparel, familiars, battle stones, assorted items that are known to be sought by the big name traders, the usual fare for an un-specialized clan.
Major Things of Note

Clan Ghost Lights is surprisingly self-sufficient, what they don't make they trade for and even then it's more they trade for more at once then they can make at once.

Natural resources:
While not very close to the Molten Scar there is at least one dragon registered as a diver for rare metals. There are some rare herbs and hardy plants known to grow in their territory. They are also located on what seems to be some kind of structure that no dragon has been known to build. Whether this falls under Natural Resources is still being discussed. Equally as discussed is a peculiar well of magic that has been recognized but there are no records of any similar type of magic appearing in the Ashfall Waste, there's equally no records of any known effects, if the clan has studied it, it's all been internal.

Exports:
While they might not have much in the way of known natural resources they have a fairly large export business for their size. Besides churning out the usual smith products they must also have some kind of Lightning or Arcane tech genius in their midst because they also provide many a clan with gadgets and technology beyond the usual muster. Also rarely exported as several ancient artifacts that must be connected to the unknown structure but most of those end up in the Sunbeam Ruins. Oddly enough they also provide fruit for local nearby clans. From the rumors they have apparently managed to grow an actual orchard in the middle of all the heat and ash that's thriving and not just Fire-native fruits either. There's also the usual monster fare since several members of the clan have been cleared for Coliseum battling.

Imports:
Imports seem to be case to case, the steadiest thing they bring in is wax and oils for the lamps and candles that are heavily scattered around their territory. Meat and insects are also a fairly common import that pops up though considering the breeds in the clan it's not surprising that even their hunters can't keep up since they have no local or in-clan source of it. There are records of a licensed skin-mage living in the clan so skin spells are known to be brought in though the license is for application only and not creation.

Trading:
Apparel, familiars, battle stones, assorted items that are known to be sought by the big name traders, the usual fare for an un-specialized clan.
Major Dragons of Note

-Rezmor, Mirror: Patriarch of the clan, more like the internal clan leader but that is the title listed and for all the business the clan is recorded to be a family type. You will likely not encounter him first, he is noted to remain mostly within the main lair or in the Bathhouse. His word is final say in everything.

-MinthaRosa, Tundra: Matriarch, same deal as Rezmor for the title however you are more likely to encounter her as the external clan leader then Rezmor due to her pension for roaming. Very friendly if you do so you'll be unlikely to be turned away.

-Zul, Nocturne: Not much could be found on her, seems to hold a high spiritual position in the clan but is usually found with Rezmor. Seems to have mixed reaction to new dragons.

-Renata and Harmony, Wildclaws: This duo is in charge of the infamous Squad, both equally dangerous though amiable enough from rumors. Renata is the more aggressive of the two and more upfront so if encountered will likely speak first. Harmony is the smaller male following her and he is far shyer but when he does speak Renata will listen, he's who you have to convince. Familiars registered as Leon, the Nephrite Chameleon, and Natsu, a Bantam Fangar, exact color unknown.

-Venus and Gospel, Fae+Spiral: Owners of the Acursed Teashop and Enterprise Shipping respectively. Venus' teashop was one of the first shops to be opened when the clan was still small. Gospel has recently opened up Enterprise Shipping after the construction on his ship, the Enterprise, was finished. Gospel is noted to have a Blacktalon Striker as a familiar named Shera. Venus has a Cursed Bat for a registered familiar named Cerberus.

-Viper, Coatl: Well known merchant, born of one of the established members in the clan. Known to be very greedy outside business but fair in her deals and will see it through to the end unless it compromises her morals. If encountered be highly aware of any monetary agreements, verbal or otherwise.

-Desarune, Snapper: Registered owner of the Ouroboros Bathhouse which serves as the central hub for all traffic in the clan. Highly recommended to go there even before the main clan lair. Due to prominence of the Bathhouse will likely hold a high position in the clan.

-Millefiore, Skydancer: Influential business-drake who has already helped open a dozen shops and stalls in the bazaar. (Despite this be wary of him if you meet him, something about him has me unsettled.)
Major Dragons of Note

-Rezmor, Mirror: Patriarch of the clan, more like the internal clan leader but that is the title listed and for all the business the clan is recorded to be a family type. You will likely not encounter him first, he is noted to remain mostly within the main lair or in the Bathhouse. His word is final say in everything.

-MinthaRosa, Tundra: Matriarch, same deal as Rezmor for the title however you are more likely to encounter her as the external clan leader then Rezmor due to her pension for roaming. Very friendly if you do so you'll be unlikely to be turned away.

-Zul, Nocturne: Not much could be found on her, seems to hold a high spiritual position in the clan but is usually found with Rezmor. Seems to have mixed reaction to new dragons.

-Renata and Harmony, Wildclaws: This duo is in charge of the infamous Squad, both equally dangerous though amiable enough from rumors. Renata is the more aggressive of the two and more upfront so if encountered will likely speak first. Harmony is the smaller male following her and he is far shyer but when he does speak Renata will listen, he's who you have to convince. Familiars registered as Leon, the Nephrite Chameleon, and Natsu, a Bantam Fangar, exact color unknown.

-Venus and Gospel, Fae+Spiral: Owners of the Acursed Teashop and Enterprise Shipping respectively. Venus' teashop was one of the first shops to be opened when the clan was still small. Gospel has recently opened up Enterprise Shipping after the construction on his ship, the Enterprise, was finished. Gospel is noted to have a Blacktalon Striker as a familiar named Shera. Venus has a Cursed Bat for a registered familiar named Cerberus.

-Viper, Coatl: Well known merchant, born of one of the established members in the clan. Known to be very greedy outside business but fair in her deals and will see it through to the end unless it compromises her morals. If encountered be highly aware of any monetary agreements, verbal or otherwise.

-Desarune, Snapper: Registered owner of the Ouroboros Bathhouse which serves as the central hub for all traffic in the clan. Highly recommended to go there even before the main clan lair. Due to prominence of the Bathhouse will likely hold a high position in the clan.

-Millefiore, Skydancer: Influential business-drake who has already helped open a dozen shops and stalls in the bazaar. (Despite this be wary of him if you meet him, something about him has me unsettled.)
Politics

Stance on Beastclans:
Of the six big beastclans they have the best relations with Talonok and are friendly with Centaurs. Noted to be indifferent to Maren due to being landlocked. Extreme dislike of Longnecks and Harpies is well-known to an incident involving egg-breaking early in the clan's founding. Serthis were also included in the latter category until recently, relation seem to be slowly improving. There are two Longnecks known to live in the clan that were there before the incident and assited the dragons so they were spared the resulting backlash, a healer and a mage studying draconic magic.

Elemental Representatives/Ambassadors:
The clan had registered reps for all flights but apparently disbanded the group following a few of them leaving the clan including the Fire rep herself. Shows no disapproval of the stations despite this and many of the former reps still remain and practice their faith. Sermons and rituals have been noted to be done on request by the former reps for travelers.
Politics

Stance on Beastclans:
Of the six big beastclans they have the best relations with Talonok and are friendly with Centaurs. Noted to be indifferent to Maren due to being landlocked. Extreme dislike of Longnecks and Harpies is well-known to an incident involving egg-breaking early in the clan's founding. Serthis were also included in the latter category until recently, relation seem to be slowly improving. There are two Longnecks known to live in the clan that were there before the incident and assited the dragons so they were spared the resulting backlash, a healer and a mage studying draconic magic.

Elemental Representatives/Ambassadors:
The clan had registered reps for all flights but apparently disbanded the group following a few of them leaving the clan including the Fire rep herself. Shows no disapproval of the stations despite this and many of the former reps still remain and practice their faith. Sermons and rituals have been noted to be done on request by the former reps for travelers.
Known Services

When you have a clan this big becoming a trading hub then it's expected that some dragon will settle down to help keep the customers rolling in. This is what we know to be there.

Standard Exalted Hospitality:
While seeing less traffic since most exaltees have more popular routes this lair still sees the occasional exaltee coming through with at least a free meal and room provided by the Bathhouse and Inn.

The Ouroboros Bathhouse:
Known for hot baths with included mixes especially, which is somewhat unexpected given the already high temperatures of the Waste but the clan is situated in one of the more stable and cooler parts since there are no exposed lava flows besides the occasional vent and there's steady winds from the Steppes and Sea. Noted to have other options including normal baths, sand baths and even an ice room. Has an Inn by the same name attached to it. Run by Desarune, inn run by Kirwyn.

Accursed Teashop:
One of the first shops built by the clan after the Bathhouse. Run by Venus and was newly expanded with a new co-owner being named, Marcone, an Imperial. Noted to have many herbal teas inspired or derived from the mixes used in the baths.

Enterprise Shipping:
Newly opened service run by Gospel and crew of the FAS Enterprise. Advertised as a small cargo shipping company with groundwork already being done to make it a small transport ship, able to cargo and passengers. Due to it's recent opening not much else is known.

Twilight Auction House:
Auction house open on weekends formerly run by Skydancer sisters Dawn and Dusk. Now solely owned by Dusk. Deals with setting up local auctions and taking business to the bigger AH proper.

Knotwork Glassworks:
Small glass-smith business owned by a Fae named Venselor.

A Story Told Bar:
The only bar in the whole clan, run by a Coatl named Daiquiri.

Misty Morning Trading:
Thriving trading business co-run by Viper and Vukem.

Rough Pearl Jewelry:
Small business formerly run by a Pearlcatcher named Regin, current owner unknown but is confirmed to be open.

Coal Block Smithing:
Well-known business owned by Regin, possibly has other workers.
Known Services

When you have a clan this big becoming a trading hub then it's expected that some dragon will settle down to help keep the customers rolling in. This is what we know to be there.

Standard Exalted Hospitality:
While seeing less traffic since most exaltees have more popular routes this lair still sees the occasional exaltee coming through with at least a free meal and room provided by the Bathhouse and Inn.

The Ouroboros Bathhouse:
Known for hot baths with included mixes especially, which is somewhat unexpected given the already high temperatures of the Waste but the clan is situated in one of the more stable and cooler parts since there are no exposed lava flows besides the occasional vent and there's steady winds from the Steppes and Sea. Noted to have other options including normal baths, sand baths and even an ice room. Has an Inn by the same name attached to it. Run by Desarune, inn run by Kirwyn.

Accursed Teashop:
One of the first shops built by the clan after the Bathhouse. Run by Venus and was newly expanded with a new co-owner being named, Marcone, an Imperial. Noted to have many herbal teas inspired or derived from the mixes used in the baths.

Enterprise Shipping:
Newly opened service run by Gospel and crew of the FAS Enterprise. Advertised as a small cargo shipping company with groundwork already being done to make it a small transport ship, able to cargo and passengers. Due to it's recent opening not much else is known.

Twilight Auction House:
Auction house open on weekends formerly run by Skydancer sisters Dawn and Dusk. Now solely owned by Dusk. Deals with setting up local auctions and taking business to the bigger AH proper.

Knotwork Glassworks:
Small glass-smith business owned by a Fae named Venselor.

A Story Told Bar:
The only bar in the whole clan, run by a Coatl named Daiquiri.

Misty Morning Trading:
Thriving trading business co-run by Viper and Vukem.

Rough Pearl Jewelry:
Small business formerly run by a Pearlcatcher named Regin, current owner unknown but is confirmed to be open.

Coal Block Smithing:
Well-known business owned by Regin, possibly has other workers.
Local Criminal Activity
Local Criminal Activity
Current Allies

Note: Page is linked magically to the Hall Of Alliance Archives and will self update as needed.

#116422 Vellinym City
#107895 Clan of the Lost Woods
#I36134 The Tempest Order
#140896 The Ash Forest Kingdom (information is scarce, could also be rivals)
#194359 Clan of Milk and Honey
#81019 Clan Benetnasch
Current Allies

Note: Page is linked magically to the Hall Of Alliance Archives and will self update as needed.

#116422 Vellinym City
#107895 Clan of the Lost Woods
#I36134 The Tempest Order
#140896 The Ash Forest Kingdom (information is scarce, could also be rivals)
#194359 Clan of Milk and Honey
#81019 Clan Benetnasch
[worn letter attached]
Lookout Recruit Nyla,

We're thrilled to have you on board! Expected first take off of the newly named FAS Enterprise is on 8th of Mistral so you're expected a week early for preparations, room and board are assured so merely bring personal affects to move into your cabin. Don't worry to much about what you're expected to do yet, just arrive on time to the designated airfield. We're giving all the newbies a crash course on what they need to know and briefings of duties as well as detailing the chain of command. We're not that big of an airship and we're mainly starting out as a cargo runner with the base being in our home clan of Ghost Lights. Several of your new shipmates are also our clanmates so we hope you will all get along but please pass any complaints onto me or Lahan or Marco the latter two you'll meet soon. The entire week is mostly settling in and last checks of all the equipment and sails.

Looking forward to serving with you,
Sahqolok
First Mate of the FAS Enterprise
[worn letter attached]
Lookout Recruit Nyla,

We're thrilled to have you on board! Expected first take off of the newly named FAS Enterprise is on 8th of Mistral so you're expected a week early for preparations, room and board are assured so merely bring personal affects to move into your cabin. Don't worry to much about what you're expected to do yet, just arrive on time to the designated airfield. We're giving all the newbies a crash course on what they need to know and briefings of duties as well as detailing the chain of command. We're not that big of an airship and we're mainly starting out as a cargo runner with the base being in our home clan of Ghost Lights. Several of your new shipmates are also our clanmates so we hope you will all get along but please pass any complaints onto me or Lahan or Marco the latter two you'll meet soon. The entire week is mostly settling in and last checks of all the equipment and sails.

Looking forward to serving with you,
Sahqolok
First Mate of the FAS Enterprise
[new letter attached]
Nyla,

Alright, this is the file I got on that clan you asked me about. Are you sure about this? I know you were thrilled to land that airship job but something fishy is going on, a whole clan this big doesn't just go silent. So much of the new data on them doesn't match up with the last records the exalted have nor what news we did get before they disappeared. Most dragons avoid the area, they're saying it's haunted and cursed. It's been over two months since they were supposed to pick you up, you can't just move on?

What am I saying, you're you, you hate being stood up. Why are we friends again? Oh right, it's because of that one time you [following sentence is scratched out]...I actually managed to forget about that incident until now but now I remember it, curses!

Much as I don't like saying it you are my friend and I want you to be okay so you know to call me if you need anything.

Yours,
Niles
[new letter attached]
Nyla,

Alright, this is the file I got on that clan you asked me about. Are you sure about this? I know you were thrilled to land that airship job but something fishy is going on, a whole clan this big doesn't just go silent. So much of the new data on them doesn't match up with the last records the exalted have nor what news we did get before they disappeared. Most dragons avoid the area, they're saying it's haunted and cursed. It's been over two months since they were supposed to pick you up, you can't just move on?

What am I saying, you're you, you hate being stood up. Why are we friends again? Oh right, it's because of that one time you [following sentence is scratched out]...I actually managed to forget about that incident until now but now I remember it, curses!

Much as I don't like saying it you are my friend and I want you to be okay so you know to call me if you need anything.

Yours,
Niles
1 2