Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | NO POSTING - Expanded Lore
[center][size=6][b]THIS IS A LORE EXPANSION PROJECT FOR MY OWN DRAGONS[/b][/size][/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/OUHhGQL.png[/img][/center] Here I'm posting the stories of my dragons; things that don't quite fit in the bio format. Stories will have a lot of variation in length and flow, as some are more thought out, or simply written at different points in time. [i]Oof[/i] I've gotta change that logo. It ugly. I can do better. 2016 me, meet 2019 me. The same person, but with more skill and mental distress.
THIS IS A LORE EXPANSION PROJECT FOR MY OWN DRAGONS
OUHhGQL.png

Here I'm posting the stories of my dragons; things that don't quite fit in the bio format. Stories will have a lot of variation in length and flow, as some are more thought out, or simply written at different points in time.

Oof I've gotta change that logo. It ugly. I can do better. 2016 me, meet 2019 me. The same person, but with more skill and mental distress.
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq yfR9mSB.png 1vAtYxM.png
PVehrz5.png
nBUwvfz.png
OxagJgG.png
wpdJhcQ.png
YMPbu9R.png
oIjWdvD.png
[quote][center][size=6][b]Prophecies[/b][/size] [size=4][b]Nadine[/b][/size] [center][color=purple][i]Born to breed, Born to die. Beautiful and strong, Not strong enough. Borrowed life. Borrowed time. Footsteps in the dark. The voice of many, Beloved, Beautiful, Strong. Stronger than before. None to bear but Nothing. Listen for footsteps in the dark. Trees aflame, blood pooling behind you. Footsteps in the dark.[/i][/color][/center] [size=4][b]Yana[/b][/size] [center][color=purple][i]Mother, can you hear me? Mother, mother, are you listening? My gardens tended My harvest given Mother, do you know me? Plumpest lambs Freshest greens Mother, will you speak to me? Flowers wilted Blood in the dirt Mother, do you see me? Harvest hidden Secrets kept Mother, do not look at me. Lies untold Truths promised Mother, will you save me? Battles won Lost twice-over Mother, mother, don't you love me? Mother, I think I know you.[/color] [size=4][b]Alyx[/b][/size] [center][i][color=purple]The Mountain stands strong, never faltering, never falling It bears the weight of the Heavens upon it's mighty shoulders It's foundation is as sturdy as the histories it has witnessed. It remembers. It learns. Invincible to All but the inevitability of Time. Earthquakes can shake It's stones from It's roots. After Earthquakes number one hundred strong The Mountain will surely tumble. A pebble aimed, a pebble thrown A pebble once resting at the peak of the Mountain A pebble will topple the weak Hill it has become.[/i][/color][/center]
Quote:
Prophecies

Nadine
Born to breed,
Born to die.
Beautiful and strong,
Not strong enough.
Borrowed life.
Borrowed time.
Footsteps in the dark.
The voice of many,
Beloved, Beautiful, Strong.
Stronger than before.
None to bear but Nothing.
Listen for footsteps in the dark.
Trees aflame, blood pooling behind you.
Footsteps in the dark.

Yana
Mother, can you hear me?
Mother, mother, are you listening?
My gardens tended
My harvest given
Mother, do you know me?
Plumpest lambs
Freshest greens
Mother, will you speak to me?
Flowers wilted
Blood in the dirt
Mother, do you see me?
Harvest hidden
Secrets kept
Mother, do not look at me.
Lies untold
Truths promised
Mother, will you save me?
Battles won
Lost twice-over
Mother, mother, don't you love me?
Mother, I think I know you.

Alyx
The Mountain stands strong, never faltering, never falling
It bears the weight of the Heavens upon it's mighty shoulders
It's foundation is as sturdy as the histories it has witnessed.
It remembers.
It learns.
Invincible to All but the inevitability of Time.
Earthquakes can shake It's stones from It's roots.
After Earthquakes number one hundred strong
The Mountain will surely tumble.
A pebble aimed, a pebble thrown
A pebble once resting at the peak of the Mountain
A pebble will topple the weak Hill it has become.
PVehrz5.png
nBUwvfz.png
OxagJgG.png
wpdJhcQ.png
YMPbu9R.png
oIjWdvD.png
[quote=Yana's Tale (incomplete)] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/232705/23270412.png[/img][/center] ----- [center][size=7][color=goldenrod][font=Constantia][b]Yana[/b][/color][/size] - [size=5][color=#764814][font=constantia]The Soldier[/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/a3e532b20aeede0b4089d52f4d9f783e/tumblr_njudyjLtvJ1tfzajgo4_r1_500.png[/img][/center] [color=black][b]~1~[/b] An ancient dragon, one of the first created, Yana traded clan life centuries ago to follow a nomadic lifestyle. He does not mingle with his own kind, and rarely keeps company with other species, only sticking around for a short time. While his ancestry flows from the Gladekeeper, only to later be molded as a soldier by the Lightweaver themself, Yana swears allegiance to Shadowbinder, as she offered him a chance to be hidden and manipulate shadows to his will. Such a skill sounded very useful to the nomad, so an oath was struck. He would serve under Shadowbinder and be furthermore blessed by the dark, so long as he devotes his descendants to exaltation. Imperials so rarely follow Shadowbinder, and she was eager for any opportunity to have such a strong following. Yana agreed without much thought, believing he would never father children, and if he did they would be easily given. The years passed with this deal kept intact. Truly Yana would reach his grave before he turns his back on his Lady. For decades he would sleep soundly, unknowing of the fact that he would reject his nomadic lifestyle [i]twice[/i], and father a great many children before his passing. [b]~2~[/b] Yana had met a lovely Guardian and they traveled together for many months. The Guardian had in her company a Painted Centaur, orphaned as a fawn and raised as a Charge by the Guardian. Yana developed a strong friendship with the Centaur as well as the Guardian. This was not the first mate he'd had, nor the first to birth a clutch, but she was the first he ever truly cared for. True to his promise with Shadowbinder, every hatchling would stay with Yana until they were ready, and would then be exalted. His previous mates never stuck around, they weren't overly fond of how he exalted his children, but he never wavered in his loyalty. The Guardian delivered a clutch of four eggs in the forest bordering the Sunbeam Ruins and the Tangled Wood. There they decided to rest for a time, to allow the eggs to hatch and the hatchlings to grow. It was a lovely area for children. In the afternoon rays of golden light shone through the branches of the tall trees and meadows rolled for miles, dotted with colourful flowers. As night fell the wildlife of the Tangled Wood would come alive, with plentiful and easy game for any hungry young dragon. Separating the two domains was a crystalline river, perfectly clear and fresh, reflecting light back like a dazzle of gold. Yana would hunt and meditate in the Tangled Wood, where he felt closest to Shadowbinder. The Guardian would rest near her eggs while the Centaur would wander the meadows. It was on one such night when Yana was meditating when he was pulled out of his calm by a not so distant roar, followed by many others in response. He hurried back to the nest as quickly as he could, sprinting through the intertwined brambles with great desperation. [b][color=red](Graphic Violence Warning!)[/color][/b] The scene he entered into is not one he'll easily forget; a pack of Wildclaws was tearing through the little meadow they called home, shredding their few belongings and ravaging the space. Two had fallen already to the Centaur and the Guardian was viciously attacking a group of three that were trying to get at the nest. An egg lay smashed nearby. The Guardian's roars were thick with grief and fury, the Wildclaws' screeches that echoed were filled with mockeries. She rushed the trio, ripping through the chest of the closest and landing with her front legs on the throats of the other two, crushing their spines under the weight. They were already dead, but that didn't stop her from sadistically adorning the monsters with countless lacerations, as she slashed and bit at any area of exposed flesh. The once peaceful meadow was now speckled with arterial spray, and the river was laced with ribbons of crimson. Covered in blood, the Guardian finally took notice of Yana, still standing at the edge of the meadow, frozen. She seemed to remember herself then, and began to shake, pulling herself to the shattered egg. Her silence was broken as shocked sobs pushed from within, and she was racked with hoarse cries. She didn't even move as a previously unnoticed Wildclaw began to circle her. With a cry Yana raced towards his broken wife, bitterly weeping over her dead child, when the Wildclaw leapt forward and shredded her jugular in one fluid movement. She didn't move. Nobody moved. To Yana it seemed as if time itself ceased it's familiar pattern of existence. She shuddered, and with a final wet breath, she collapsed, her own blood mingling now with the fluid spilled from the egg. The Wildclaw shrieked, and turned towards the nest. Yana was on it before it could take a step, and removed it's head from it's shoulders. He felt cold. Looking to the eggs ([i]'no,' he thought, 'my children. My children,'[/i]) he noticed that some of the pack had made off with another one of the eggs. Only two of his children remained. A hand was on his shoulder, and he suddenly remembered the presence of the Centaur. He couldn't speak the dragon tounge, but his eyes expressed what his words could not. Here was grief and purpose. Finally, Yana began to weep. Over the course of the night, Yana and the centaur cleaned and garnished the Guardian, draping her in fine silk. They buried her in the meadow, and planted over her grave a bed of Black Tulips. The Centaur muttered a prayer, or perhaps a blessing over her, in the unfamiliar language of his people. They then gathered up the salvageable materials, and fashioned a sling out of thick fabric, in which his children could sit. Loading food onto the back of the Centaur, they set off deeper into the Tangled Wood. [b]~3~[/b] The time for the eggs to hatch was drawing near, forcing the duo to set up camp where they were. Yana set the Centaur to guard his offspring while he hunted, though this time he never strayed too far. As he was out in the Wood, he once again her the roar of a dragon, followed by shouting in the Centaurs foreign language. Fear stopped his heart, and he quickly returned to camp. What he saw this time was the Centaur with his spear poised to attack a Skydancer standing in front of him, though the Skydancer only showed a wary sort of defense. With closer inspection, Yana noticed a tiny Fae perched upon his head. Yana approached, cautious but outwardly displaying his aggression. The Fae seemed to see inside of him, and Yana suddenly felt very very vulnerable. She crawled forward to perch on the nose of the Skydancer, and they simply stared at each other for a few moments. She then returned to her position on his head, and the Skydancer began to speak. "We mean you no harm," he said, his voice suggesting a quiet intellect, "My Matron had taken notice of your young, and we had incorrectly assumed they were abandoned. The mistake is ours." "What kind of father would I be, to abandon a nest so close to hatching?" "Please sir, we mean no disrespect to your person. Many abandoned eggs have been found in this Wood before, and my Matron does not allow for children to die." Yana relaxed his defensive position, and motioned for the Centaur to lower his weapon. During their conversation, the Fae dragon, who he supposed was The Matron, had never taken her eyes from him. "My Matron offers Sanctuary, for you and your kin. You would be safe there, and would have no obligation to stay after your children hatch, if you so desire," the Skydancer remarked. His eyes were curious and showed defensiveness of their own. The Matron's eyes could not be read. Yana pondered this. He was a very solitary dragon, and disliked clan life, but the offer of protection and care was far too sweet to refuse. "I'll go with you," he said, "though I will not stay." "We appreciate your company nonetheless. We'll leave as soon as you are prepared to travel. Welcome to the clan." [b]~4~[/b] Yana's arrival in Shimmermist Grove was greeted with great kindness. Many introduced themselves and offered gifts of welcome. Others were not so sociable, but Yana liked that just fine. He discovered many dragons here had their own familiars, giving him a sense of ease about the Centaur's presence. His eggs were placed in their own section of the Hatchery, separate from the others. Yana felt pure peace in the Grove, silently revoking his promise to leave. The eggs hatched two days later. From one came a Guardian, speckled gold with soft blue wings. She was born ill, and didn't survive the night. The second was an Imperial, black as the shadows, and silent as the night. His son made him uneasy, though he wasn't sure why. He felt as if this dragon was in no way the spawn of his late love, though such a thing was surely impossible. Wasn't it? As soon as the young Imperial, named Mazath, was able to walk, Yana set off to exalt him. He arrived at the Forum of the Obscured Crescent, and offered his son to the great dragon lounging upon a pile of her treasures. With words felt rather than heard, she turned down the child. "But why? For years I have given you my offspring, they've served you well, haven't they? What makes this boy different from them," he questioned. Shadowbinder crawled down from her heap till she stood before him, still several times larger than he. [i]'I will not take him because I sent him,'[/i] she whispered. [i]'He is your gift, after so many years of service,'[/i] she was cooing now, softly soothing yet mildly scolding. [i]'But, he is also my eyes. I don't want another incident of dead children, and he will watch to see if any more of my soldiers are denied from me.'[/i] After her final words, Yana froze. He had not considered that his offspring dying before being gifted would be considered breaking the promise. Silent now, he turned, thanked Shadowbinder, and left, young Mazath in tow. [b]~5~[/b] Time passed but Yana never grew comfortable with his son. Eager to win back his Lady's affections, he knew he would need a new Mate, one who would offer up many desirable offspring. He told the Matron of his plan and set off. Strangely, Mazath did not follow him this time, almost as if he was aware what his presence would do to prevent any courting. Yana left the Tangled Wood for the first time in what seemed like an age. The sun was warm and momentarily blinding, but as his eyes adjusted he found he was looking upon a rolling meadow, spotted with flowers and bathing in the sun. Off to the side was a crystal clear river, flowing peacefully through the green. In the center of this beauty was a thick bed of black tulips. He didn't recognize the clearing, instead just took in its beauty, before he took to the skies, never to see it again. Travelling north, Yana reached the Viridian Labyrinth, a forest so unlike the one he now calls home. He entered the trees, his senses bombarded by colourful fauna and sweet smelling fruits and flowers. Golden light shone through the branches, and Yana felt himself missing the familiar trees he was raised in. He remembered exploring these very jungles as a young dragon, filled with excitement when he would successfully catch a manticore to bring back to the lair... He couldn't remember where that was. It was so long ago. Brushing the thoughts away, he pushed deeper into the trees. As he went further in, the trees became taller and denser, and the wildlife louder. A memory again demanded it be known, and he recognized the area to be the Shrieking Wilds. He became comfortable in the cool dark, like a balance between his current and previous dwellings. A glint of gold caught his eye, shining and reflecting what little light there was. He approached to discover a Pearlcatcher, cleaning and preparing meat which she presumably had just caught. Yana shined with a similar light, so he was quickly noticed. The Pearlcatcher, by the name of Mara, shared with him her spoils, and they began to speak over the meal. She was alone, having left her clan hoping to find something better. She came to the Shrieking Wilds because she felt at ease in the dark. Mara told him how she had hoped to one day reach the Tangled Wood, though she felt uneasy leaving the forest she had known her whole life. After brief discussion, she agreed to travel in the company of Yana. In the time it took for the duo to get to the Tangled Wood, they had fallen in love. To Mara, it was like Yana was heaven sent, which, in a sense, he was. Lana felt as if he had found someone who knew him. Here was a woman who's ancestry can be traced back to Lightweaver, her grandmother being a Light-Woven soldier, like Yana was himself, and yet she too was drawn more to the shadows then the Light. Mara agreed to be Yana's mate, ecstatic in how well leaving the Labyrinth was doing for her. Surely she and her Love would live a long happy life. ~ ----- [center][size=5][font=constantia][color=black][b]Prophecy[/b][/color][/font][/size] [center][color=purple][i]Mother, can you hear me? Mother, mother, are you listening? My gardens tended My harvest given Mother, do you know me? Plumpest lambs Freshest greens Mother, will you speak to me? Flowers wilted Blood in the dirt Mother, do you see me? Harvest hidden Secrets kept Mother, do not look at me. Lies untold Truths promised Mother, will you save me? Battles won Lost twice-over Mother, mother, don't you love me? Mother, I think I know you. [/quote]
Yana's Tale (incomplete) wrote:
23270412.png

Yana - The Soldier
tumblr_njudyjLtvJ1tfzajgo4_r1_500.png

~1~

An ancient dragon, one of the first created, Yana traded clan life centuries ago to follow a nomadic lifestyle.
He does not mingle with his own kind, and rarely keeps company with other species, only sticking around for a short time.

While his ancestry flows from the Gladekeeper, only to later be molded as a soldier by the Lightweaver themself, Yana swears allegiance to Shadowbinder, as she offered him a chance to be hidden and manipulate shadows to his will. Such a skill sounded very useful to the nomad, so an oath was struck. He would serve under Shadowbinder and be furthermore blessed by the dark, so long as he devotes his descendants to exaltation. Imperials so rarely follow Shadowbinder, and she was eager for any opportunity to have such a strong following. Yana agreed without much thought, believing he would never father children, and if he did they would be easily given.

The years passed with this deal kept intact. Truly Yana would reach his grave before he turns his back on his Lady. For decades he would sleep soundly, unknowing of the fact that he would reject his nomadic lifestyle twice, and father a great many children before his passing.

~2~

Yana had met a lovely Guardian and they traveled together for many months. The Guardian had in her company a Painted Centaur, orphaned as a fawn and raised as a Charge by the Guardian. Yana developed a strong friendship with the Centaur as well as the Guardian. This was not the first mate he'd had, nor the first to birth a clutch, but she was the first he ever truly cared for.

True to his promise with Shadowbinder, every hatchling would stay with Yana until they were ready, and would then be exalted. His previous mates never stuck around, they weren't overly fond of how he exalted his children, but he never wavered in his loyalty.

The Guardian delivered a clutch of four eggs in the forest bordering the Sunbeam Ruins and the Tangled Wood. There they decided to rest for a time, to allow the eggs to hatch and the hatchlings to grow. It was a lovely area for children. In the afternoon rays of golden light shone through the branches of the tall trees and meadows rolled for miles, dotted with colourful flowers. As night fell the wildlife of the Tangled Wood would come alive, with plentiful and easy game for any hungry young dragon. Separating the two domains was a crystalline river, perfectly clear and fresh, reflecting light back like a dazzle of gold.

Yana would hunt and meditate in the Tangled Wood, where he felt closest to Shadowbinder. The Guardian would rest near her eggs while the Centaur would wander the meadows. It was on one such night when Yana was meditating when he was pulled out of his calm by a not so distant roar, followed by many others in response. He hurried back to the nest as quickly as he could, sprinting through the intertwined brambles with great desperation.

(Graphic Violence Warning!)
The scene he entered into is not one he'll easily forget; a pack of Wildclaws was tearing through the little meadow they called home, shredding their few belongings and ravaging the space. Two had fallen already to the Centaur and the Guardian was viciously attacking a group of three that were trying to get at the nest. An egg lay smashed nearby. The Guardian's roars were thick with grief and fury, the Wildclaws' screeches that echoed were filled with mockeries. She rushed the trio, ripping through the chest of the closest and landing with her front legs on the throats of the other two, crushing their spines under the weight. They were already dead, but that didn't stop her from sadistically adorning the monsters with countless lacerations, as she slashed and bit at any area of exposed flesh. The once peaceful meadow was now speckled with arterial spray, and the river was laced with ribbons of crimson. Covered in blood, the Guardian finally took notice of Yana, still standing at the edge of the meadow, frozen. She seemed to remember herself then, and began to shake, pulling herself to the shattered egg. Her silence was broken as shocked sobs pushed from within, and she was racked with hoarse cries. She didn't even move as a previously unnoticed Wildclaw began to circle her. With a cry Yana raced towards his broken wife, bitterly weeping over her dead child, when the Wildclaw leapt forward and shredded her jugular in one fluid movement. She didn't move. Nobody moved. To Yana it seemed as if time itself ceased it's familiar pattern of existence. She shuddered, and with a final wet breath, she collapsed, her own blood mingling now with the fluid spilled from the egg. The Wildclaw shrieked, and turned towards the nest. Yana was on it before it could take a step, and removed it's head from it's shoulders. He felt cold. Looking to the eggs ('no,' he thought, 'my children. My children,') he noticed that some of the pack had made off with another one of the eggs. Only two of his children remained. A hand was on his shoulder, and he suddenly remembered the presence of the Centaur. He couldn't speak the dragon tounge, but his eyes expressed what his words could not. Here was grief and purpose. Finally, Yana began to weep.

Over the course of the night, Yana and the centaur cleaned and garnished the Guardian, draping her in fine silk. They buried her in the meadow, and planted over her grave a bed of Black Tulips. The Centaur muttered a prayer, or perhaps a blessing over her, in the unfamiliar language of his people. They then gathered up the salvageable materials, and fashioned a sling out of thick fabric, in which his children could sit. Loading food onto the back of the Centaur, they set off deeper into the Tangled Wood.

~3~

The time for the eggs to hatch was drawing near, forcing the duo to set up camp where they were. Yana set the Centaur to guard his offspring while he hunted, though this time he never strayed too far. As he was out in the Wood, he once again her the roar of a dragon, followed by shouting in the Centaurs foreign language. Fear stopped his heart, and he quickly returned to camp. What he saw this time was the Centaur with his spear poised to attack a Skydancer standing in front of him, though the Skydancer only showed a wary sort of defense. With closer inspection, Yana noticed a tiny Fae perched upon his head.

Yana approached, cautious but outwardly displaying his aggression. The Fae seemed to see inside of him, and Yana suddenly felt very very vulnerable. She crawled forward to perch on the nose of the Skydancer, and they simply stared at each other for a few moments. She then returned to her position on his head, and the Skydancer began to speak.

"We mean you no harm," he said, his voice suggesting a quiet intellect, "My Matron had taken notice of your young, and we had incorrectly assumed they were abandoned. The mistake is ours."

"What kind of father would I be, to abandon a nest so close to hatching?"

"Please sir, we mean no disrespect to your person. Many abandoned eggs have been found in this Wood before, and my Matron does not allow for children to die."

Yana relaxed his defensive position, and motioned for the Centaur to lower his weapon. During their conversation, the Fae dragon, who he supposed was The Matron, had never taken her eyes from him.

"My Matron offers Sanctuary, for you and your kin. You would be safe there, and would have no obligation to stay after your children hatch, if you so desire," the Skydancer remarked. His eyes were curious and showed defensiveness of their own. The Matron's eyes could not be read.

Yana pondered this. He was a very solitary dragon, and disliked clan life, but the offer of protection and care was far too sweet to refuse. "I'll go with you," he said, "though I will not stay."

"We appreciate your company nonetheless. We'll leave as soon as you are prepared to travel. Welcome to the clan."

~4~

Yana's arrival in Shimmermist Grove was greeted with great kindness. Many introduced themselves and offered gifts of welcome. Others were not so sociable, but Yana liked that just fine. He discovered many dragons here had their own familiars, giving him a sense of ease about the Centaur's presence. His eggs were placed in their own section of the Hatchery, separate from the others. Yana felt pure peace in the Grove, silently revoking his promise to leave.

The eggs hatched two days later. From one came a Guardian, speckled gold with soft blue wings. She was born ill, and didn't survive the night. The second was an Imperial, black as the shadows, and silent as the night. His son made him uneasy, though he wasn't sure why. He felt as if this dragon was in no way the spawn of his late love, though such a thing was surely impossible. Wasn't it?

As soon as the young Imperial, named Mazath, was able to walk, Yana set off to exalt him. He arrived at the Forum of the Obscured Crescent, and offered his son to the great dragon lounging upon a pile of her treasures. With words felt rather than heard, she turned down the child.

"But why? For years I have given you my offspring, they've served you well, haven't they? What makes this boy different from them," he questioned.

Shadowbinder crawled down from her heap till she stood before him, still several times larger than he.

'I will not take him because I sent him,' she whispered.

'He is your gift, after so many years of service,' she was cooing now, softly soothing yet mildly scolding.

'But, he is also my eyes. I don't want another incident of dead children, and he will watch to see if any more of my soldiers are denied from me.'

After her final words, Yana froze. He had not considered that his offspring dying before being gifted would be considered breaking the promise. Silent now, he turned, thanked Shadowbinder, and left, young Mazath in tow.

~5~

Time passed but Yana never grew comfortable with his son. Eager to win back his Lady's affections, he knew he would need a new Mate, one who would offer up many desirable offspring. He told the Matron of his plan and set off. Strangely, Mazath did not follow him this time, almost as if he was aware what his presence would do to prevent any courting.

Yana left the Tangled Wood for the first time in what seemed like an age. The sun was warm and momentarily blinding, but as his eyes adjusted he found he was looking upon a rolling meadow, spotted with flowers and bathing in the sun. Off to the side was a crystal clear river, flowing peacefully through the green. In the center of this beauty was a thick bed of black tulips. He didn't recognize the clearing, instead just took in its beauty, before he took to the skies, never to see it again.

Travelling north, Yana reached the Viridian Labyrinth, a forest so unlike the one he now calls home. He entered the trees, his senses bombarded by colourful fauna and sweet smelling fruits and flowers. Golden light shone through the branches, and Yana felt himself missing the familiar trees he was raised in. He remembered exploring these very jungles as a young dragon, filled with excitement when he would successfully catch a manticore to bring back to the lair... He couldn't remember where that was. It was so long ago. Brushing the thoughts away, he pushed deeper into the trees.

As he went further in, the trees became taller and denser, and the wildlife louder. A memory again demanded it be known, and he recognized the area to be the Shrieking Wilds. He became comfortable in the cool dark, like a balance between his current and previous dwellings. A glint of gold caught his eye, shining and reflecting what little light there was. He approached to discover a Pearlcatcher, cleaning and preparing meat which she presumably had just caught. Yana shined with a similar light, so he was quickly noticed.

The Pearlcatcher, by the name of Mara, shared with him her spoils, and they began to speak over the meal. She was alone, having left her clan hoping to find something better. She came to the Shrieking Wilds because she felt at ease in the dark. Mara told him how she had hoped to one day reach the Tangled Wood, though she felt uneasy leaving the forest she had known her whole life. After brief discussion, she agreed to travel in the company of Yana.

In the time it took for the duo to get to the Tangled Wood, they had fallen in love. To Mara, it was like Yana was heaven sent, which, in a sense, he was. Lana felt as if he had found someone who knew him. Here was a woman who's ancestry can be traced back to Lightweaver, her grandmother being a Light-Woven soldier, like Yana was himself, and yet she too was drawn more to the shadows then the Light.

Mara agreed to be Yana's mate, ecstatic in how well leaving the Labyrinth was doing for her. Surely she and her Love would live a long happy life.

~

Prophecy

Mother, can you hear me?
Mother, mother, are you listening?
My gardens tended
My harvest given
Mother, do you know me?
Plumpest lambs
Freshest greens
Mother, will you speak to me?
Flowers wilted
Blood in the dirt
Mother, do you see me?
Harvest hidden
Secrets kept
Mother, do not look at me.
Lies untold
Truths promised
Mother, will you save me?
Battles won
Lost twice-over
Mother, mother, don't you love me?
Mother, I think I know you.
PVehrz5.png
nBUwvfz.png
OxagJgG.png
wpdJhcQ.png
YMPbu9R.png
oIjWdvD.png
[quote=Memnoch, Madia, and Lachlan] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15213690][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/152137/15213690.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23616365][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/236164/23616365.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23623454][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/236235/23623454.png[/img] [/url][/center] ----- [center][size=7][color=#363636][font=constantia][b]The Tale of Three[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][b][color=red]Mature Themes[/color][/b][/center] [color=black]To foreigners, the Ashfall Wastes are nothing more than smoldering pits of destruction and lifelessness. To locals, they're something to be tamed, to be plundered for the pure metals spit up from the planets core. To a select few, scattered all over Sornieth, the Ashfall Wastes harbor a filthy secret. Along the cliff side, just out of sight of the Blacksand Annex, hides a lair, burrowed into the obsidian out of reach of the destructive fires of the land, partially jutting out precariously over the steep drop into the unforgiving waters. Here is where they've hidden The Loose Scale. The Loose Scale is not what you'd call a 'classy joint', nor is it prestigious, but it is lucrative, and extremely elite. At the Scale, one can find themselves filled with good food, and good company. The Scale is run by a Fae, peculiar as it sounds, who knows perfectly well how to turn a profit. The business he runs? Well that's why it's secret. Profit is not altogether difficult to come by in Sornieth, as any well-kept (or unkempt) Dragon will tell you. However, if you're looking for a [i]particular[/i] service, you may be [i]very[/i] willing to give up some of your well-earned treasure. You see, access to the Scale is through invite only, and any breach of confidentiality can result in, well, termination. The business is breeding. You may think to yourself, "well golly, I sure done seen a ton of those in my travels! What makes this so darn special?" Well my friend, your looking at it in the wrong light. Those hatcheries you'll find, why, they'll offer young children in need of homes, or provide a safe place to do the "business" needed for eggs. The Scale mostly focuses on the "business", for those who don't have the charms, you could say, to hold on to a Mate. Now, they don't discriminate! You'll find Dragons of all shapes, shades, and sizes, for all your tastes in those halls. The iffy thing is, though, those Dragons usually don't want to be there. Typically, no one applies to work at the Scale. Instead, you may just find you've worked there your whole life. Some employees were abandoned eggs or hatchlings, others were in some form of... disrepair, you could say. Whatever the history, you don't go to the Scale, you end up at the Scale. It's not slavery, mind you. All workers receive ample pay for their service, in the form of food, treasure, or shiny trinkets. Those who work there can pick from a number of jobs, such as sanitation, food service, bar tending, or food preparation. There is of course the Personals that work there, but dragons don't generally [i]choose[/i] it. Most have been Personals for years, some enjoying their jobs, others enjoying their pay. As is well known, Personals are paid the most. Our little story here will focus on three characters, Spirals the lot of them, and how they dismantled the operation in one simple moment. This is the story of Memnoch the barkeep, Madia the Personal, and Lachlan the uninitiated. Memnoch came to the Loose Scale when he was very young. Born of Plague, he is no stranger to illness, but that didn't make the sickly demise of his parents any less heartbreaking. He was found wandering the wasteland in a daze by one of the Scale's scouts. After assessing the situation, the scout brought the hungry child to the Fae, who decided he could be very useful. He was taught how to mix drinks and serve with a smile, and became an official employee after a month of being there. Madia was born in the Scale, and was raised in secret by her mother who served as a Personal at the time. A hatchling is not easily hidden, but Madia tried hard not to disappoint her mother, who was so insistent that she never be seen. She was seen, when she was so hungry, and thought she could sneak food from the kitchen. The Fae was furious, and as punishment for her mothers insubordination, she was terminated, which is a polite way of saying she was fed to the fires. As a result, they were short one Personal, a role Madia filled when she reached maturation. Lachlan arrived very recently, a writhing, screaming mess dragged into the lair. No harm had come to her, but none take too kindly to being dragged away from the body of their Clutch-Sibling by a pair of murderers. She wouldn't accept a job at the Scale, spitting at anyone who came near. The Fae decided that after some re-education, she would become a Personal. Lachlan was beautiful, and so so angry. She was held in the pit, a dug out hole in the floor of one of the chambers, covered by steel bars. If she was thirsty, she would have to lick the moisture from the muddy walls. If she was hungry, she better hope someone will hear her. Memnoch, now a grown Dragon, did indeed hear her, and despite the risk of termination, he would slip meals down between the bars every time he passed the room. He was not the only one helping her. In the dead of night, when none are there to hear, Madia the Personal would hide in the room, whispering to Lachlan. She would tell her stories and jokes to lift her spirits, and every night as dawn would approach, she would make her swear to never break, never bow, never surrender, and every night, Lachlan would reply, [i]"I swear."[/i] True to her word, Lachlan didn't break, and true to his word, the Fae never let her out. She was in the pit for seven months. Memnoch and Madia had discovered each other assisting her, and developed a means for an effective and efficient schedule in which they could feed and speak with Lachlan. Their efforts likely prevented her impending madness. Memnoch, unfortunately grew distracted in his job, serving the wrong drinks, or worse, spilling one. With every mistake, Memnoch was beaten, and with every beating, Memnoch could only think of Madia and Lachlan more. A day of disaster came about, after seven months of tension and secrecy. Madia delivered a clutch of eggs. Personals are forbidden from having children, a fact Madia was very much aware of. She hoped that she would do better than her late mother had. She tried to hide the eggs, realizing in a stuttering panic that there was no where in the Scale where they wouldn't be discovered. In desperation, she ran into the room harboring Lachlan. Her efforts were in vain. The Fae seemed to know exactly what she was been doing, perhaps learning to sniff out such betrayals after her mothers. By his side was a mirror, a true brute who revelled in destruction and death, and Memnoch, dragged along to do something he was surely uncomfortable doing. The Fae was enraged. "I have [i]fed[/i] you, [i]clothed[/i] you, [i][b]sheltered[/b][/i] you, despite the treacheries of your fool of a mother! You repay me with [i]this?[/i] The [i]very same crime for which your mother was killed? NEVER AGAIN. NEVER AGAIN WILL I BE MADE THE FOOL. NEVER AGAIN WILL [B]FILTH RAISE THEIR SPAWN IN MY HALLS. NO MORE!"[/B][/I] His shouting had frozen Madia, and she lay quivering in a hunched over ball on the floor. Memnoch was ordered to hold her still. He didn't move. He was [i]ordered[/i]. To [b]hold[/b]. [b]HER[/b]. [i][b]STILL[/b][/i]. Still he didn't move. The mirror swiped at his face in frusturation. Memnoch fell to the ground but he did not move. The Fae sighed and sent the mirror forward anyway. He shrieked and ran forward, weaving around the shivering Madia. He snatched her eggs, lifted them high in the air, and smashed them down over the bars of Lachlan's hole. Lachlan and Madia screamed. Madia scrambled, trying to pick up shards of shell as Lachlan down below stood still in unspeakable horror as its insides trickled down her back. The Fae was laughing. As he laughed, he failed to notice Memnoch behind him, his eye stained with his own blood, lifting a kitchen knife high above him. He did notice however when said knife pierced his back, ending his laughter in a sputtering cough. Madia, never having stopped screaming, launched forward with a shell shard in hand, and plunged it into the unwary neck of that murderous mirror. The two stood for a moment, surrounded by their work, before collecting the keys to the pit and setting Lachlan free. They screamed their victories throughout the halls, celebrating their new-found freedom. Most other employees joined in their triumph, others slunk into the dark, with nary a glance at those they once worked alongside. They ran through the halls, smashing glass and ransacking hoards. They all went screaming out of the Scale, never to see it again. Lachlan, Memnoch, and Madia all fled together, still speckled with blood, knowing that wherever they go, they will never again be treated as the meat of others.[/quote]
Memnoch, Madia, and Lachlan wrote:

The Tale of Three
Mature Themes

To foreigners, the Ashfall Wastes are nothing more than smoldering pits of destruction and lifelessness. To locals, they're something to be tamed, to be plundered for the pure metals spit up from the planets core. To a select few, scattered all over Sornieth, the Ashfall Wastes harbor a filthy secret.

Along the cliff side, just out of sight of the Blacksand Annex, hides a lair, burrowed into the obsidian out of reach of the destructive fires of the land, partially jutting out precariously over the steep drop into the unforgiving waters. Here is where they've hidden The Loose Scale.

The Loose Scale is not what you'd call a 'classy joint', nor is it prestigious, but it is lucrative, and extremely elite. At the Scale, one can find themselves filled with good food, and good company. The Scale is run by a Fae, peculiar as it sounds, who knows perfectly well how to turn a profit. The business he runs? Well that's why it's secret.

Profit is not altogether difficult to come by in Sornieth, as any well-kept (or unkempt) Dragon will tell you. However, if you're looking for a particular service, you may be very willing to give up some of your well-earned treasure. You see, access to the Scale is through invite only, and any breach of confidentiality can result in, well, termination.

The business is breeding. You may think to yourself, "well golly, I sure done seen a ton of those in my travels! What makes this so darn special?" Well my friend, your looking at it in the wrong light. Those hatcheries you'll find, why, they'll offer young children in need of homes, or provide a safe place to do the "business" needed for eggs. The Scale mostly focuses on the "business", for those who don't have the charms, you could say, to hold on to a Mate. Now, they don't discriminate! You'll find Dragons of all shapes, shades, and sizes, for all your tastes in those halls. The iffy thing is, though, those Dragons usually don't want to be there.

Typically, no one applies to work at the Scale. Instead, you may just find you've worked there your whole life. Some employees were abandoned eggs or hatchlings, others were in some form of... disrepair, you could say. Whatever the history, you don't go to the Scale, you end up at the Scale. It's not slavery, mind you. All workers receive ample pay for their service, in the form of food, treasure, or shiny trinkets.

Those who work there can pick from a number of jobs, such as sanitation, food service, bar tending, or food preparation. There is of course the Personals that work there, but dragons don't generally choose it. Most have been Personals for years, some enjoying their jobs, others enjoying their pay. As is well known, Personals are paid the most.

Our little story here will focus on three characters, Spirals the lot of them, and how they dismantled the operation in one simple moment. This is the story of Memnoch the barkeep, Madia the Personal, and Lachlan the uninitiated.

Memnoch came to the Loose Scale when he was very young. Born of Plague, he is no stranger to illness, but that didn't make the sickly demise of his parents any less heartbreaking. He was found wandering the wasteland in a daze by one of the Scale's scouts. After assessing the situation, the scout brought the hungry child to the Fae, who decided he could be very useful. He was taught how to mix drinks and serve with a smile, and became an official employee after a month of being there.

Madia was born in the Scale, and was raised in secret by her mother who served as a Personal at the time. A hatchling is not easily hidden, but Madia tried hard not to disappoint her mother, who was so insistent that she never be seen. She was seen, when she was so hungry, and thought she could sneak food from the kitchen. The Fae was furious, and as punishment for her mothers insubordination, she was terminated, which is a polite way of saying she was fed to the fires. As a result, they were short one Personal, a role Madia filled when she reached maturation.

Lachlan arrived very recently, a writhing, screaming mess dragged into the lair. No harm had come to her, but none take too kindly to being dragged away from the body of their Clutch-Sibling by a pair of murderers. She wouldn't accept a job at the Scale, spitting at anyone who came near. The Fae decided that after some re-education, she would become a Personal.

Lachlan was beautiful, and so so angry. She was held in the pit, a dug out hole in the floor of one of the chambers, covered by steel bars. If she was thirsty, she would have to lick the moisture from the muddy walls. If she was hungry, she better hope someone will hear her. Memnoch, now a grown Dragon, did indeed hear her, and despite the risk of termination, he would slip meals down between the bars every time he passed the room. He was not the only one helping her. In the dead of night, when none are there to hear, Madia the Personal would hide in the room, whispering to Lachlan. She would tell her stories and jokes to lift her spirits, and every night as dawn would approach, she would make her swear to never break, never bow, never surrender, and every night, Lachlan would reply, "I swear."

True to her word, Lachlan didn't break, and true to his word, the Fae never let her out. She was in the pit for seven months. Memnoch and Madia had discovered each other assisting her, and developed a means for an effective and efficient schedule in which they could feed and speak with Lachlan. Their efforts likely prevented her impending madness. Memnoch, unfortunately grew distracted in his job, serving the wrong drinks, or worse, spilling one. With every mistake, Memnoch was beaten, and with every beating, Memnoch could only think of Madia and Lachlan more.

A day of disaster came about, after seven months of tension and secrecy. Madia delivered a clutch of eggs. Personals are forbidden from having children, a fact Madia was very much aware of. She hoped that she would do better than her late mother had. She tried to hide the eggs, realizing in a stuttering panic that there was no where in the Scale where they wouldn't be discovered. In desperation, she ran into the room harboring Lachlan. Her efforts were in vain. The Fae seemed to know exactly what she was been doing, perhaps learning to sniff out such betrayals after her mothers. By his side was a mirror, a true brute who revelled in destruction and death, and Memnoch, dragged along to do something he was surely uncomfortable doing.

The Fae was enraged. "I have fed you, clothed you, sheltered you, despite the treacheries of your fool of a mother! You repay me with this? The very same crime for which your mother was killed? NEVER AGAIN. NEVER AGAIN WILL I BE MADE THE FOOL. NEVER AGAIN WILL FILTH RAISE THEIR SPAWN IN MY HALLS. NO MORE!"

His shouting had frozen Madia, and she lay quivering in a hunched over ball on the floor. Memnoch was ordered to hold her still. He didn't move. He was ordered. To hold. HER. STILL. Still he didn't move. The mirror swiped at his face in frusturation. Memnoch fell to the ground but he did not move. The Fae sighed and sent the mirror forward anyway. He shrieked and ran forward, weaving around the shivering Madia. He snatched her eggs, lifted them high in the air, and smashed them down over the bars of Lachlan's hole. Lachlan and Madia screamed. Madia scrambled, trying to pick up shards of shell as Lachlan down below stood still in unspeakable horror as its insides trickled down her back. The Fae was laughing. As he laughed, he failed to notice Memnoch behind him, his eye stained with his own blood, lifting a kitchen knife high above him. He did notice however when said knife pierced his back, ending his laughter in a sputtering cough. Madia, never having stopped screaming, launched forward with a shell shard in hand, and plunged it into the unwary neck of that murderous mirror. The two stood for a moment, surrounded by their work, before collecting the keys to the pit and setting Lachlan free.

They screamed their victories throughout the halls, celebrating their new-found freedom. Most other employees joined in their triumph, others slunk into the dark, with nary a glance at those they once worked alongside. They ran through the halls, smashing glass and ransacking hoards. They all went screaming out of the Scale, never to see it again. Lachlan, Memnoch, and Madia all fled together, still speckled with blood, knowing that wherever they go, they will never again be treated as the meat of others.
PVehrz5.png
nBUwvfz.png
OxagJgG.png
wpdJhcQ.png
YMPbu9R.png
oIjWdvD.png
[quote=Farha and Maegan] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/231626/23162524.png[/img][/center] ----- [center][size=7][color=#398ad0][font=constantia][b]Farha[/b][/font][/size][/color] - [size=5][color=#7833ff][font=constantia]The Gatherer[/font][/size][/color][/center] [center][img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/a3e532b20aeede0b4089d52f4d9f783e/tumblr_njudyjLtvJ1tfzajgo4_r1_500.png[/img][/center] [color=black]Farha was originally part of The Icewarden's flight but after merely a week, she decided it was just too damn cold, so she skipped town. She tried to integrate herself into a clan of Pearlcatchers under The Lightweaver's rule, but they were so incredibly elitist, seeing themselves as the pinnacle of Dragonkind. So she left again. She ended up in The Matron's clan through pure chance. She had been flying above the Tangled Wood when she collided with a very tired Emerald Webwing, who honestly should not have been flying with so little sleep. Such a small creature wasn't enough to knock a dragon out of the sky, but what he did manage to do was bump Farha's pearl with just enough force that it slipped from her grasp. Shocked at the sudden emptiness in her arms, she didn't reach for it till it was much too late, and she watched with despair as it went tumbling down toward the Wood. Grabbing her senses, she raced towards the brambles and gnarled branches. She entered the Wood and was plunged into instant darkness. She could hardly see, but she heard the flapping of wings off to her right. She discovered that the Webwing that caused this mess had descended to try to help her find her pearl. They searched for hours, but the endeavor seemed hopeless. As Farha was about to give up, she heard the scratchy cawing of a hatchling, somewhere deeper in the gloom. Following the sound, she entered into a clearing lit up by luminous mushrooms and lanterns hung high in the branches. At the edge of the clearing, a group of 3 hatchlings had discovered her pearl, and were investigating. Their "investigation" mainly covered climbing on it and watching their own reflections. She retrieved her pearl from the young sleuths, and curiosity drove her to follow them to their origins. That is where she met The Matron, and her life in the clan began. ----- [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/234305/23430463.png[/img][/center] ----- [center][size=7][color=#363636][font=constantia][b]Maegan[/b][/font][/color][/size] - [size=5][font=constantia][color=#595959]The Artist[/color][/font][/size][/center] [center][img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/a3e532b20aeede0b4089d52f4d9f783e/tumblr_njudyjLtvJ1tfzajgo4_r1_500.png[/img][/center] [color=black]Maegan's entry into Shimmermist Grove was rather uneventful, in comparison to the wild involvement of some. She had been foraging in the Tangled Wood when she bumped into Leytae and Shakeer while they were on when of their explorations. They had a friendly conversation, and that led to Maegan being invited into their clan, which she readily accepted. Maegan is kind of heart, and eager to gain solid friendships. Her signals may appear mixed to the other dragons in the clan, who didn't recognize that when their items went missing, it meant she wanted to be friends. Her strongest relationship was built using such tactics. She had snagged a beautiful crown of flowers from the sleeping Pearlcatcher, Farha, in the night. Maegan was discovered to be the culprit rather quickly, since she wore it when she greeted her the next day. Farha, luckily, was not the type to take offence to such actions, and was familiar with the nature of Ridgbacks. When Maegan was eating her evening meal, Farha swooped in and stole the crown right back. She spoke with Maegan later, and made a promise to make her her own flower crown. Maegan found she was very happy with Farha, and they started spending more time together. Lo and behold, Farha and Maegan were Bonded under the blessing of Shadowbinder before the Season's End, both wearing their flower crowns. The residents of Shimmermist Grove were thrilled, due to there now being a second Binding, and because the amount of thefts had dropped rapidly, since Maegan now really only borrows from Farha, who takes great delight in borrowing them back.
Farha and Maegan wrote:
23162524.png

Farha - The Gatherer

Farha was originally part of The Icewarden's flight but after merely a week, she decided it was just too damn cold, so she skipped town. She tried to integrate herself into a clan of Pearlcatchers under The Lightweaver's rule, but they were so incredibly elitist, seeing themselves as the pinnacle of Dragonkind. So she left again.

She ended up in The Matron's clan through pure chance. She had been flying above the Tangled Wood when she collided with a very tired Emerald Webwing, who honestly should not have been flying with so little sleep. Such a small creature wasn't enough to knock a dragon out of the sky, but what he did manage to do was bump Farha's pearl with just enough force that it slipped from her grasp. Shocked at the sudden emptiness in her arms, she didn't reach for it till it was much too late, and she watched with despair as it went tumbling down toward the Wood. Grabbing her senses, she raced towards the brambles and gnarled branches. She entered the Wood and was plunged into instant darkness.

She could hardly see, but she heard the flapping of wings off to her right. She discovered that the Webwing that caused this mess had descended to try to help her find her pearl. They searched for hours, but the endeavor seemed hopeless. As Farha was about to give up, she heard the scratchy cawing of a hatchling, somewhere deeper in the gloom. Following the sound, she entered into a clearing lit up by luminous mushrooms and lanterns hung high in the branches. At the edge of the clearing, a group of 3 hatchlings had discovered her pearl, and were investigating. Their "investigation" mainly covered climbing on it and watching their own reflections. She retrieved her pearl from the young sleuths, and curiosity drove her to follow them to their origins. That is where she met The Matron, and her life in the clan began.

23430463.png

Maegan - The Artist

Maegan's entry into Shimmermist Grove was rather uneventful, in comparison to the wild involvement of some. She had been foraging in the Tangled Wood when she bumped into Leytae and Shakeer while they were on when of their explorations. They had a friendly conversation, and that led to Maegan being invited into their clan, which she readily accepted.

Maegan is kind of heart, and eager to gain solid friendships. Her signals may appear mixed to the other dragons in the clan, who didn't recognize that when their items went missing, it meant she wanted to be friends.

Her strongest relationship was built using such tactics. She had snagged a beautiful crown of flowers from the sleeping Pearlcatcher, Farha, in the night. Maegan was discovered to be the culprit rather quickly, since she wore it when she greeted her the next day. Farha, luckily, was not the type to take offence to such actions, and was familiar with the nature of Ridgbacks. When Maegan was eating her evening meal, Farha swooped in and stole the crown right back.

She spoke with Maegan later, and made a promise to make her her own flower crown. Maegan found she was very happy with Farha, and they started spending more time together.

Lo and behold, Farha and Maegan were Bonded under the blessing of Shadowbinder before the Season's End, both wearing their flower crowns. The residents of Shimmermist Grove were thrilled, due to there now being a second Binding, and because the amount of thefts had dropped rapidly, since Maegan now really only borrows from Farha, who takes great delight in borrowing them back.
PVehrz5.png
nBUwvfz.png
OxagJgG.png
wpdJhcQ.png
YMPbu9R.png
oIjWdvD.png
[quote=Shakeer] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/233692/23369173.png[/img] ----- [size=7][color=#5c0094][font=Constantia][b]Shakeer[/b][/color][/size] - [size=5][color=#690702][font=constantia]The Matron[/font][/color][/size][img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/a3e532b20aeede0b4089d52f4d9f783e/tumblr_njudyjLtvJ1tfzajgo4_r1_500.png[/img][/center] [color=black]Shakeer served Shadowbinder since her hatchday. As a hatchling she was exalted to our Lady by her mother, who hoped the runtish child could earn honor through service. Shakeer never saw her mother again, and unbeknownst to her, she was slain by a Wildclaw 7 years after her departure. Her mother would've been pleased to know that Shakeer had indeed gained honor and recognition for her surprising prowess in battle and her aptitude for stealth missions. Many victories were called in her name, and after a lifetime of compliments and success, her ego began to grow. She became bloated in spirit, and bitter in nature. She would mock her protege's and scorn her elders. Her cockiness got the better of her in a skirmish against a small group of beasts. She had been boasting her strength and speed to the enemy, deliberately antagonizing and disobeying orders from superiors. She perched herself on a branch to make a particularly rude face at a soldier when an arrow from a Painted Centaur was fired. She felt, rather than saw it coming, but didn't move as quickly as she guaranteed she could. The arrow struck her wing, severely damaging it and crippling her for the rest of her natural life. Any future flight would be extremely short lived. After the skirmish, the remaining members turned from her, thinking it best to let her die in the wood. Shakeer resigned herself to the pain and slipped towards unconsciousness, drowning in the darkness. In the abyss of her slumber, she spoke with Shadowbinder. No memories exist of what was spoken between the two, but when she woke she knew that she was relieved from her duties. She felt compelled to walk to the East, and over several weeks she slowly crawled across the land, until she reached the land she somehow knew was hers. She wept with relief, and collapsed into a long and restful sleep. While she slept, a wandering guardian stumbled upon her, mostly because he almost stepped on her. As a guardian without a charge, seeing a weak and injured Fae prompted him to watch over her and give her sanctuary. So began the beginning of the Matron's clan, whose numbers would grow to be filled with the lost and broken.[/quote]
Shakeer wrote:
23369173.png
Shakeer - The Matrontumblr_njudyjLtvJ1tfzajgo4_r1_500.png

Shakeer served Shadowbinder since her hatchday. As a hatchling she was exalted to our Lady by her mother, who hoped the runtish child could earn honor through service. Shakeer never saw her mother again, and unbeknownst to her, she was slain by a Wildclaw 7 years after her departure.

Her mother would've been pleased to know that Shakeer had indeed gained honor and recognition for her surprising prowess in battle and her aptitude for stealth missions. Many victories were called in her name, and after a lifetime of compliments and success, her ego began to grow. She became bloated in spirit, and bitter in nature. She would mock her protege's and scorn her elders. Her cockiness got the better of her in a skirmish against a small group of beasts. She had been boasting her strength and speed to the enemy, deliberately antagonizing and disobeying orders from superiors. She perched herself on a branch to make a particularly rude face at a soldier when an arrow from a Painted Centaur was fired. She felt, rather than saw it coming, but didn't move as quickly as she guaranteed she could. The arrow struck her wing, severely damaging it and crippling her for the rest of her natural life. Any future flight would be extremely short lived. After the skirmish, the remaining members turned from her, thinking it best to let her die in the wood. Shakeer resigned herself to the pain and slipped towards unconsciousness, drowning in the darkness.

In the abyss of her slumber, she spoke with Shadowbinder. No memories exist of what was spoken between the two, but when she woke she knew that she was relieved from her duties. She felt compelled to walk to the East, and over several weeks she slowly crawled across the land, until she reached the land she somehow knew was hers. She wept with relief, and collapsed into a long and restful sleep. While she slept, a wandering guardian stumbled upon her, mostly because he almost stepped on her. As a guardian without a charge, seeing a weak and injured Fae prompted him to watch over her and give her sanctuary. So began the beginning of the Matron's clan, whose numbers would grow to be filled with the lost and broken.
PVehrz5.png
nBUwvfz.png
OxagJgG.png
wpdJhcQ.png
YMPbu9R.png
oIjWdvD.png
[quote=Yuta][center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/239021/23902045.png[/img][/center] ----- [center][size=7][font=constantia][color=black][b]Yuta[/b][/color][/font][/size] - [size=5][font=constantia][color=grey]The Guard[/color][/font][/size][/center] [center][img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/a3e532b20aeede0b4089d52f4d9f783e/tumblr_njudyjLtvJ1tfzajgo4_r1_500.png[/img][/center] [color=black]Yuta is a solemn dragon, preferring not to get too close to anyone. She was once sweet. She once laughed. Those days are far behind her, and don't appear again in any foreseeable future. She doesn't talk much with the members of the Grove, so not many know her history. Many are completely unaware that she does not remember it, it was blacked out of her memory. Luckily, I am familiar with a basic method for hypnosis, and with her consent I delved into her mind and extracted the story. She requested I don't tell her what she said, but allowed me to keep the transcript, copied below... [quote][font=courier new][size=5][color=black]LEYTAE, SCRIBE. INTERVIEW UNDER HYPNOSIS WITH SUBJECT-YUTA, SOLDIER.[/size] [color=black][size=4][b]Y:[/b] Tick-tock. Tick-tock. The clock keeps ticking and ticking. Counting to a time? An end? Counting. Counting. Tick-tock. Yuta hears the clock Yuta does not see the clock. [b]L:[/b] Yuta, how old are you? [b]Y:[/b] So small, not too small. Mama says I'm the biggest. Mama says I can be the best when I'm bigger. [b]L:[/b] Where are you, Yuta? [b]Y:[/b] In the den. The den. I'm in the den. I don't like the den. The clock ticks in the den. Tick-tock in the den. Tick-tock. [b]L:[/b] Tell me about your family Yuta. Tell me about your home. [b]Y:[/b] Big home. Big. Beautiful. Big hills and big oceans. So big! Run in the hills with.... with.... with. with. with. with. With Lyra! Yes, run through the hills with Lyra! She's much smaller than me, I'm biggest, Mama says, but Lyra will be big someday too. She is so little she disappears in long grass. Where'd she go? Where's Lyra? But she's just in the grass. She'll come back out. [b]L:[/b] Is Lyra your sister? [b]Y:[/b] (she stiffens here, before screaming) YUTA HAS NO SISTER! YUTA IS ALONE! NO FAMILY FOR YUTA NO HOME FOR YUTA WHY IS THERE SO MUCH BLOOD YUTA CLEAN THE BLOOD YUTA YOU NEED TO LOOK NICE FOR MAMA AND PAPA YUTA HAS NO SISTER NO SISTER NONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONE. (she collapses back in her seat) [b]L:[/b] Yuta you are okay. I want you to calm down. You are in a safe place. This is just a story. It's not you, remember? Tell me more of the story. Tell me what happened. [b]Y:[/b] What happens in the story. The Yuta story. Don't like the Yuta story. Tick-tock. That's where the den is, Mama. Tick-tock in the den, Mama. Where is Mama? Mama isn't in the den, Papa. Why do I have to go in the den, Papa? Where's Mama, Papa? Where's Lyra, Papa? Tick-tock in the den Papa. [b]L:[/b] Why is your father making you stay in the den? [b]Y:[/b] Papa isn't happy Papa is never happy where's Lyra Papa? Disappeared into the grass but she'll come right back out she always comes right back out in the den, Mama, tick-tock. [b]L:[/b] What did your father do? [b]Y:[/b] (growing agitated again) Papa went out of the den into the grass Papa was looking Papa was looking looking looking looking for Lyra she's hiding in the grass no one can see her but he can see her Papa found Lyra in the grass the grass long grass in the grass. Papa is mad Papa is holdin Lyra funny he shouldn't hold her like that it's too tight he might hurt her by accident but I need to stay in the tick-tock with the den but he's holdin her funny and now Mama is out in the grass and yellin she's yellin at Papa and Papa is yellin back and he's holdin her funny and she's just floppin around why is he holdin her like that and Mama just hit Papa Papa dropped Lyra now she's hidin in the grass again and now Papa is hittin Mama and why is there so much blood Yuta can't see it's too far away but Papa is holdin somethin and he's hitten Mama Mama so much blood Mama tick-tock tick-tock Mama stand up Mama hit him back Mama but she don't get up none she just hides in the grass with Lyra. [b]L:[/b] ... Can you tell me what happens next? [b]Y:[/b] Oh sure I can tell you Papa stays in the grass a real long time in the grass real long long Yuta falls asleep Yuta doesn't know doesn't doesn't so she falls alseep because she saw but she forgot because Yuta doesn't know anymore more more doesn't so she falls asleep and Papa is in the grass and he's working and he brings things inside not whole things just piece piece piece piece things and Yuta doesn't know is asleep poor Yuta. Wakes up and there's Lyra Lyra is here out of the grass lookin at Yuta hello Lyra are you okay Lyra but Lyra doesn't talk cuz Lyra is just a head but Yuta doesn't know that yet Yuta is too sleepy. Dark out now Yuta knows now knowing Yuta knowing now takes the Lyra thing that isn't Lyra goes to see Papa Papa sleep Papa doesn't care that the Mama thing is next to him there's so much blood how is Yuta supposed to clean Yuta takes the Lyra thing and bangs it real hard on Papa's head it made a funny sound he didn't have time to wake up bang bang bang till Yuta can't hold the Lyra thing no more and there's so much blood how's Yuta supposed to clean it it the den, Mama tick-tock. [b]L:[/b] ...Um, what... happened after that? [b]Y:[/b] Wake up Yuta wake Yuta walks real far Yuta lives in trees and dirt Yuta forgets Yuta... finds glowing grove... Yuta. Tick-Tock. [b]END TRANSCRIPT[/B][/font][/size][/quote] [color=black]Let nothing written here ever leave these pages for the love of Shadowbinder. [/quote]
Yuta wrote:
23902045.png

Yuta - The Guard

Yuta is a solemn dragon, preferring not to get too close to anyone. She was once sweet. She once laughed. Those days are far behind her, and don't appear again in any foreseeable future. She doesn't talk much with the members of the Grove, so not many know her history. Many are completely unaware that she does not remember it, it was blacked out of her memory. Luckily, I am familiar with a basic method for hypnosis, and with her consent I delved into her mind and extracted the story. She requested I don't tell her what she said, but allowed me to keep the transcript, copied below...

Quote:
LEYTAE, SCRIBE.
INTERVIEW UNDER HYPNOSIS WITH SUBJECT-YUTA, SOLDIER.

Y: Tick-tock. Tick-tock. The clock keeps ticking and ticking. Counting to a time? An end? Counting. Counting. Tick-tock. Yuta hears the clock Yuta does not see the clock.

L: Yuta, how old are you?

Y: So small, not too small. Mama says I'm the biggest. Mama says I can be the best when I'm bigger.

L: Where are you, Yuta?

Y: In the den. The den. I'm in the den. I don't like the den. The clock ticks in the den. Tick-tock in the den. Tick-tock.

L: Tell me about your family Yuta. Tell me about your home.

Y: Big home. Big. Beautiful. Big hills and big oceans. So big! Run in the hills with.... with.... with. with. with. with. With Lyra! Yes, run through the hills with Lyra! She's much smaller than me, I'm biggest, Mama says, but Lyra will be big someday too. She is so little she disappears in long grass. Where'd she go? Where's Lyra? But she's just in the grass. She'll come back out.

L: Is Lyra your sister?

Y: (she stiffens here, before screaming) YUTA HAS NO SISTER! YUTA IS ALONE! NO FAMILY FOR YUTA NO HOME FOR YUTA WHY IS THERE SO MUCH BLOOD YUTA CLEAN THE BLOOD YUTA YOU NEED TO LOOK NICE FOR MAMA AND PAPA YUTA HAS NO SISTER NO SISTER NONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONENONE. (she collapses back in her seat)

L: Yuta you are okay. I want you to calm down. You are in a safe place. This is just a story. It's not you, remember? Tell me more of the story. Tell me what happened.

Y: What happens in the story. The Yuta story. Don't like the Yuta story. Tick-tock. That's where the den is, Mama. Tick-tock in the den, Mama. Where is Mama? Mama isn't in the den, Papa. Why do I have to go in the den, Papa? Where's Mama, Papa? Where's Lyra, Papa? Tick-tock in the den Papa.

L: Why is your father making you stay in the den?

Y: Papa isn't happy Papa is never happy where's Lyra Papa? Disappeared into the grass but she'll come right back out she always comes right back out in the den, Mama, tick-tock.

L: What did your father do?

Y: (growing agitated again) Papa went out of the den into the grass Papa was looking Papa was looking looking looking looking for Lyra she's hiding in the grass no one can see her but he can see her Papa found Lyra in the grass the grass long grass in the grass. Papa is mad Papa is holdin Lyra funny he shouldn't hold her like that it's too tight he might hurt her by accident but I need to stay in the tick-tock with the den but he's holdin her funny and now Mama is out in the grass and yellin she's yellin at Papa and Papa is yellin back and he's holdin her funny and she's just floppin around why is he holdin her like that and Mama just hit Papa Papa dropped Lyra now she's hidin in the grass again and now Papa is hittin Mama and why is there so much blood Yuta can't see it's too far away but Papa is holdin somethin and he's hitten Mama Mama so much blood Mama tick-tock tick-tock Mama stand up Mama hit him back Mama but she don't get up none she just hides in the grass with Lyra.

L: ... Can you tell me what happens next?

Y: Oh sure I can tell you Papa stays in the grass a real long time in the grass real long long Yuta falls asleep Yuta doesn't know doesn't doesn't so she falls alseep because she saw but she forgot because Yuta doesn't know anymore more more doesn't so she falls asleep and Papa is in the grass and he's working and he brings things inside not whole things just piece piece piece piece things and Yuta doesn't know is asleep poor Yuta. Wakes up and there's Lyra Lyra is here out of the grass lookin at Yuta hello Lyra are you okay Lyra but Lyra doesn't talk cuz Lyra is just a head but Yuta doesn't know that yet Yuta is too sleepy. Dark out now Yuta knows now knowing Yuta knowing now takes the Lyra thing that isn't Lyra goes to see Papa Papa sleep Papa doesn't care that the Mama thing is next to him there's so much blood how is Yuta supposed to clean Yuta takes the Lyra thing and bangs it real hard on Papa's head it made a funny sound he didn't have time to wake up bang bang bang till Yuta can't hold the Lyra thing no more and there's so much blood how's Yuta supposed to clean it it the den, Mama tick-tock.

L: ...Um, what... happened after that?

Y: Wake up Yuta wake Yuta walks real far Yuta lives in trees and dirt Yuta forgets Yuta... finds glowing grove... Yuta. Tick-Tock.

END TRANSCRIPT

Let nothing written here ever leave these pages for the love of Shadowbinder.
PVehrz5.png
nBUwvfz.png
OxagJgG.png
wpdJhcQ.png
YMPbu9R.png
oIjWdvD.png