Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A Feast of Flowers [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
A Feast of Flowers

I've been on Fr for an entire year now - yay :D
To celebrate, I'm starting a Pinkerlocke.

Click on the Quest Chronicle below the title to get straight to the action.

What is a Pinkerlocke?
Originally created by Tar, it is a variation of the Nuzlocke Challenge. The current, updated version of the Pinkerlocke Discussion thread is here.
This is a partly modified version to better suit my playstyle.

Rules.

The item you receive from Pinkerton's Plundered Pile dictates your actions for the day.

Food: Coliseum time!

Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches
These are the minimum number of matches that must be fought.

I can choose anyone I like to be part of the team. At first it will be my three starting dragons, but when new dragons join the quest, any of them can be used on the team at any time.
The venue chosen will be the same as or one tier down from the highest level dragon, depending on if I feel like playing it safe or taking a risk.
Using health potions, fleeing from battle, and ending the battle streak are all allowed.

If a dragon falls in the coliseum, that dragon will be 'critically injured' and will retreat back to the lair to recover.

If a dragon falls in the coliseum, that dragon will 'retire' from the quest and be exalted.

The exception to this rule, is Quest Leader Akebia. He is currently immortal, and will remain so until the end of Greenskeeper Gathering. If he falls in battle, he will continue to annoy his fellow questers give advice to his companions as a spirit (but not battle), until revived.

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.
(this will mostly be paint doodles or I might jump in Minecraft and create some pixel art or statues).

Rare drops: Wildcards!

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get!
1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer

Apparel: Since I'm short on lair space and don't want to increase the number of questers faster than Pinkerton gives me Familiars, I will use this in one of two ways:

Normally I will use 10 Gathering turns to Forage in Nature for plants to go in the Bonus Bouquet.

However, if any dragons are at the lair recovering from injury, I will use it to heal them so they can return to the quest.

Flip a coin:
if Tails, use Gathering turns to Forage and all flowers will go towards the Feast.
If Heads, flip again.
Second flip:
If Tails, Story time!
If Heads, Coli time!

The exception to this is if Akebia is currently a spirit. Then the Apparel wildcard will be used to revive him.

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight 10 rounds consecutively in the coliseum venue that matches the highest level dragon, quitting midway if a dragon dies. Using Health potions is allowed.

Text with Strikethrough shows older rules that have since been modified.
A Feast of Flowers

I've been on Fr for an entire year now - yay :D
To celebrate, I'm starting a Pinkerlocke.

Click on the Quest Chronicle below the title to get straight to the action.

What is a Pinkerlocke?
Originally created by Tar, it is a variation of the Nuzlocke Challenge. The current, updated version of the Pinkerlocke Discussion thread is here.
This is a partly modified version to better suit my playstyle.

Rules.

The item you receive from Pinkerton's Plundered Pile dictates your actions for the day.

Food: Coliseum time!

Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches
These are the minimum number of matches that must be fought.

I can choose anyone I like to be part of the team. At first it will be my three starting dragons, but when new dragons join the quest, any of them can be used on the team at any time.
The venue chosen will be the same as or one tier down from the highest level dragon, depending on if I feel like playing it safe or taking a risk.
Using health potions, fleeing from battle, and ending the battle streak are all allowed.

If a dragon falls in the coliseum, that dragon will be 'critically injured' and will retreat back to the lair to recover.

If a dragon falls in the coliseum, that dragon will 'retire' from the quest and be exalted.

The exception to this rule, is Quest Leader Akebia. He is currently immortal, and will remain so until the end of Greenskeeper Gathering. If he falls in battle, he will continue to annoy his fellow questers give advice to his companions as a spirit (but not battle), until revived.

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.
(this will mostly be paint doodles or I might jump in Minecraft and create some pixel art or statues).

Rare drops: Wildcards!

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get!
1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer

Apparel: Since I'm short on lair space and don't want to increase the number of questers faster than Pinkerton gives me Familiars, I will use this in one of two ways:

Normally I will use 10 Gathering turns to Forage in Nature for plants to go in the Bonus Bouquet.

However, if any dragons are at the lair recovering from injury, I will use it to heal them so they can return to the quest.

Flip a coin:
if Tails, use Gathering turns to Forage and all flowers will go towards the Feast.
If Heads, flip again.
Second flip:
If Tails, Story time!
If Heads, Coli time!

The exception to this is if Akebia is currently a spirit. Then the Apparel wildcard will be used to revive him.

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight 10 rounds consecutively in the coliseum venue that matches the highest level dragon, quitting midway if a dragon dies. Using Health potions is allowed.

Text with Strikethrough shows older rules that have since been modified.
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
[center][size=6][color=green][b]Characters[/b][/color][/size][/center] [b]Akebia the Quest Leader.[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16325779] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/163258/16325779_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Floyd the Scribe.[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22543407] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/225435/22543407_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Vidia the Searcher.[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22533997] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/225340/22533997_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Aiki the one who remains.[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22834140] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/228342/22834140_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Bios coming soon.[/i]
Characters

Akebia the Quest Leader.

16325779_350.png

Floyd the Scribe.

22543407_350.png

Vidia the Searcher.

22533997_350.png

Aiki the one who remains.

22834140_350.png

Bios coming soon.
Quest Chronicle

Information Posts.

Rules
Characters

Quest.

Prologue - An idea blossoms.
Day 1 - The questers sally forth.
Day 2 - Adventure awaits. (Art of a scene from the Prologue).
Day 3 - Shouting is heard.
Day 4 - Treasure found.
Day 5 - A meal shared.
Day 6 - Where's the game?
Day 7 - One remains.
Day 8 - First ingredients.
Day 9 - Claw painting. (Art done by Akebia based on a scene in the prologue).
Day 10 - Close encounter.
Day 11 - Rest and games.
Day 12 - Room for growth.
Day 13 - When they awaken. (Art inspired by Day 12).
Day 14 - 1st Letter Home (a recap of events thus far)
Day 15 - Special delivery.
Day 16 - Plants and armour.
Day 17 - The Size of it. (Size comparison of the questers).
Day 18 - Remembrance. (Art of Vidia).
Day 19 - Swimmingly.
Day 20 - Pearls before horns.
Day 21 - Beach battle.
Day 22 - Mad dash.
Day 23 - Miner Blues.
Day 24 - Captive Pearl.
Day 25 - Fight!
Day 26 - Feeding Time.
Day 27 - Deceitful rock.
Day 28 - Caged.
Day 29 - Reunited.
Day 30 - What lies beyond?
Quest Chronicle

Information Posts.

Rules
Characters

Quest.

Prologue - An idea blossoms.
Day 1 - The questers sally forth.
Day 2 - Adventure awaits. (Art of a scene from the Prologue).
Day 3 - Shouting is heard.
Day 4 - Treasure found.
Day 5 - A meal shared.
Day 6 - Where's the game?
Day 7 - One remains.
Day 8 - First ingredients.
Day 9 - Claw painting. (Art done by Akebia based on a scene in the prologue).
Day 10 - Close encounter.
Day 11 - Rest and games.
Day 12 - Room for growth.
Day 13 - When they awaken. (Art inspired by Day 12).
Day 14 - 1st Letter Home (a recap of events thus far)
Day 15 - Special delivery.
Day 16 - Plants and armour.
Day 17 - The Size of it. (Size comparison of the questers).
Day 18 - Remembrance. (Art of Vidia).
Day 19 - Swimmingly.
Day 20 - Pearls before horns.
Day 21 - Beach battle.
Day 22 - Mad dash.
Day 23 - Miner Blues.
Day 24 - Captive Pearl.
Day 25 - Fight!
Day 26 - Feeding Time.
Day 27 - Deceitful rock.
Day 28 - Caged.
Day 29 - Reunited.
Day 30 - What lies beyond?
Quest Chronicle.
Second volume.
Quest Chronicle.
Second volume.
[center][size=6][color=green][b]Feast Ingredients[/b][/color][/size][/center] [b]Insects:[/b] [columns] 14 [nextcol] [item=Crunchy Moth Legs] [nextcol] 12 [nextcol] [item=Fragile Moth Wings] [nextcol] 3 [nextcol] [item=Meal Moth] [nextcol] 3 [nextcol] [item=Wasteland Pauper] [nextcol] 1 [nextcol] [item=White Lace Honeybee] [/columns] [b]Meat:[/b] [columns] 9 [nextcol] [item=Serrated Beak] [nextcol] 7 [nextcol] [item=Jagged Beak] [nextcol] 11 [nextcol] [item=Dwarf Fawn] [nextcol] 11 [nextcol] [item=Micro Deer] [nextcol] 3 [nextcol] [item=Roan Mouse] [/columns] [columns] 1 [nextcol] [item=Ruby-Throated Hummingbird] [nextcol] 1 [nextcol] [item=Herdbeast Hoof] [nextcol] 1 [nextcol] [item=Delicate Bat Wing] [nextcol] 1 [nextcol] [item=Sun Flecked Fieldmouse] [/columns] [b]Seafood:[/b] [columns] 8 [nextcol] [item=Yellow-Tinged Featherduster] [nextcol] 4 [nextcol] [item=Dark-Tufted Featherduster] [/columns] [b]Plants:[/b] [columns] 10 [nextcol] [item=Blue Honeycomb] [nextcol] 5 [nextcol] [item=Honeycomb Fragment] [/columns] [b]Bonus Bouquet:[/b] [columns] 10 [nextcol] [item=Spinach] [nextcol] 3 [nextcol] [item=Fairy Ears] [nextcol] 3 [nextcol] [item=Green Shoots] [nextcol] 5 [nextcol] [item=Notocactus] [nextcol] 4 [nextcol] [item=Cliff Lion] [/columns] [columns] 3 [nextcol] [item=Acorn] [nextcol] 8 [nextcol] [item=Clover] [nextcol] 7 [nextcol] [item=Jungle Grass] [nextcol] 13 [nextcol] [item=Jasmine] [nextcol] 2 [nextcol] [item=Sandhills Amaranth] [/columns] [columns] 3 [nextcol] [item=Diseased Fungus] [nextcol] 4 [nextcol] [item=Black Tulip] [nextcol] 5 [nextcol] [item=Red Banana] [/columns]
Feast Ingredients

Insects:

14 Crunchy Moth Legs 12 Fragile Moth Wings 3 Meal Moth 3 Wasteland Pauper 1 White Lace Honeybee

Meat:

9 Serrated Beak 7 Jagged Beak 11 Dwarf Fawn 11 Micro Deer 3 Roan Mouse
1 Ruby-Throated Hummingbird 1 Herdbeast Hoof 1 Delicate Bat Wing 1 Sun Flecked Fieldmouse

Seafood:

8 Yellow-Tinged Featherduster 4 Dark-Tufted Featherduster

Plants:

10 Blue Honeycomb 5 Honeycomb Fragment

Bonus Bouquet:

10 Spinach 3 Fairy Ears 3 Green Shoots 5 Notocactus 4 Cliff Lion
3 Acorn 8 Clover 7 Jungle Grass 13 Jasmine 2 Sandhills Amaranth
3 Diseased Fungus 4 Black Tulip 5 Red Banana

Ping List

Ping List

Reserved.
Reserved.
[center][size=6][color=green][b]Prologue[/b][/color][/size][/center] [center][item=Berserker][/center] [center][i]Outcome: Tails, so nothing.[/i][/center] [center][i]Luck was with me, so I'm going to use this boon to set the scene.[/i][/center] ----- Blossom flitted from tree to tree, tracing her fingers along branch and leaf before delicately touching the ripening buds, as she inspected them for damage. Green swirls of magic trailed behind the Nature Sprite as she blessed the orchard. All that she touched looked a little bit greener, a little bit healthier. A promise for a bountiful harvest. [columns][img]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/Dragon_Wolfie/FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png[/img][nextcol] "I could try something artistic? Ooh, painting! I’ll do claw painting like the hatchlings do with Uncle Iolo. Just think of all the colours! That’d be fun, yeah?"[/columns] The Sprite, finished with her task, fluttered down to her bonded dragon. She wiggled her fingers at him and then shook them off to the side with a wrinkle of her nose. [columns][img]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/Dragon_Wolfie/FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png[/img][nextcol] "Of course it’s messy. That’s the best bit!"[/columns] Blossom shook her head despairingly. [columns][img]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/Dragon_Wolfie/FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png[/img][nextcol] "We’ll see what you think when my art is world famous, your primness."[/columns] He leapt and she let out a surprised squeak as he grabbed hold of her. A massive grin spread over his face. Her eyes widened in realisation, but she was too late: Akebia began to tickle her enthusiastically. Shrieking in outrage, Blossom struggled against his grasp even as she laughed herself silly. She managed to slip away as his merriment at her expense made him drop his guard. Looking for revenge, she darted in and wriggled her fingers in behind his wing joint, and then zoomed around to get the ticklish spot on his belly before he could retaliate. It evolved into a high-speed game of tickle-tag. The pair wove in and out of the trees, pouncing and diving at each other in a ridiculous game that took them all throughout the orchard. Akebia finally admitted defeat. He flopped down face first in the middle of the orchard and lay there panting with his wings spread-eagled. Blossom waited to make sure it wasn’t a ruse before floating down to perch on his head. A consoling pat on the head later, she was carefully grooming his ruffled crest back into shape. [columns][color=transparent]Align text to the right, right, right, right[/color][nextcol] (Teasing voice) "Chasing Aer Sprites again?"[nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163788/16378747p.png[/img][/columns] Akebia’s head shot up, almost dislodging Blossom. [columns][img]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/Dragon_Wolfie/FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png[/img][nextcol] "Hey, that was only once and they really looked like fireflies and I knew it’d be cool if…"[/columns] Suddenly realising he was shouting at his great uncle Coconut, he dipped his head and murmured an apology. [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163788/16378747p.png[/img][nextcol]"Sorry, I shouldn’t tease you for having fun." (He glanced around at the orchard) "You’ve done a good job here. Diaquiri will be delighted."[/columns] [columns][img]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/Dragon_Wolfie/FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png[/img][nextcol] (Murmured sadly) "It’s not me though is it? Blossom does all the work."[/columns] [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163788/16378747p.png[/img][nextcol]"Cheer up, petal. You’ll find your calling soon enough."[/columns] Blossom scratched comfortingly behind his horn. Akebia had tried everything he could think of, but he just could not find anything he was good at. He couldn’t cook, he couldn’t craft, and he certainly couldn’t sing. His father was the clan’s nature representative, but Akebia wasn’t very in touch with nature: being neither green-thumbed nor spiritually inclined. He hadn’t inherited his mother’s artistic talents either. And despite being born with a high concentration of natural venom and excellent camouflage, he wasn’t a good tracker or hunter. [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163788/16378747p.png[/img][nextcol]"Here, take a nibble of this."[nextcol][item=High-voltage almonds][/columns] The odd nut-thing glowed blue and zapped him as he bit into it. Akebia yelped in surprise and almost dropped it. His tongue tingled, but the jolt of lightning hadn’t actually hurt. [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163788/16378747p.png[/img][nextcol] "High-voltage almonds. Packs a bit of a wallop and makes your feathers stand on end if you eat too many. The Shifting Expanse has some strange flora." (He ate an almond and shrugged) "Kind of an odd taste if you ask me. Sophie wants them for a new dessert she’s creating. Greenskeeper is the Lady’s celebration, but that doesn't mean we can’t use foods from all over Sornieth at the Gathering."[/columns] Akebia loved eating and couldn’t wait for the Greenskeeper Gathering. The clan had grown substantially since last year’s celebration, so the upcoming festivities should be spectacular. Just thinking about the feast made his mouth water in anticipation. [columns][img]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/Dragon_Wolfie/FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png[/img][nextcol] "That’s it!"[/columns] Scrambling to his feet, Akebia bound over and gave a startled Coconut a very enthusiastic hug. [columns][img]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/Dragon_Wolfie/FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png[/img][nextcol] "Oh, Uncle Nutty, you’re a genius!"[/columns] Akebia’s head crest fanned out excitedly. He gave a loud warking cry of pure joy and scurried away before his poor confused uncle could reply. Blossom held tight to Akebia’s horns so she didn’t slip off during his mad dash back home to the lair. She grumbled loudly, but her protests went unheard. He skidded around the side of the slate cliff that partly bordered the lair and sprinted for the entrance. Yelling a greeting to the lair guard, he ran on inside and straight towards the library. About two seconds away from bursting through the doors, he remembered how much trouble he’d be in if he crashed in at his reckless pace and slid to a stop. Blossom almost flew off his head; she tugged his crest in reproach. Walking carefully and quietly, he determinedly made his way to the section where the big reference books were kept. Lifting a massive tome bound in green leather, he carried it over to a reading stand and carefully set it down. [center][i][size=5]‘Flora and fauna of the Viridian Labyrinth’[/size][/i][/center] Akebia excitedly flipped through the pages, exclaiming in wonder at the sheer variety of species. [columns][img]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/Dragon_Wolfie/FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png[/img][nextcol] "Look at them all, Blossom. The Viridian Labyrinth is teeming with life. And most of it is edible."[/columns] Blossom fluttered down to inspect a sketch of some Sunbeam Rotala. She tilted her head inquiringly at her dragon. [columns][img]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/Dragon_Wolfie/FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png[/img][nextcol] "Every festival we have a feast, right? Well, I’m going to make sure this year’s Greenskeeper Gathering feast is remembered for years to come. We’re going on a quest: a quest to gather loads of food from the Viridian Labyrinth for the festival feast! Now all we need to do is tell my parents and get the Matriarch’s permission."[/columns] Excitement overtook him again and he was off. Blossom sighed and flew after him. ----- [i]The current goal of the Pinkerlocke is to collect as much food as possible for the Greenskeeper Gathering festival feast. Half of all food found while battling in the coliseum will go towards the feast. The other half will be converted into food points to provide the questers provisions for the journey. On days when the Apparel Wildcard has me use Gathering turns, all plants foraged will go towards a bonus bouquet.[/i]
Prologue

Berserker
Outcome: Tails, so nothing.
Luck was with me, so I'm going to use this boon to set the scene.

Blossom flitted from tree to tree, tracing her fingers along branch and leaf before delicately touching the ripening buds, as she inspected them for damage. Green swirls of magic trailed behind the Nature Sprite as she blessed the orchard. All that she touched looked a little bit greener, a little bit healthier. A promise for a bountiful harvest.

FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png "I could try something artistic? Ooh, painting! I’ll do claw painting like the hatchlings do with Uncle Iolo. Just think of all the colours! That’d be fun, yeah?"

The Sprite, finished with her task, fluttered down to her bonded dragon. She wiggled her fingers at him and then shook them off to the side with a wrinkle of her nose.

FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png "Of course it’s messy. That’s the best bit!"

Blossom shook her head despairingly.

FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png "We’ll see what you think when my art is world famous, your primness."

He leapt and she let out a surprised squeak as he grabbed hold of her. A massive grin spread over his face. Her eyes widened in realisation, but she was too late: Akebia began to tickle her enthusiastically. Shrieking in outrage, Blossom struggled against his grasp even as she laughed herself silly.

She managed to slip away as his merriment at her expense made him drop his guard. Looking for revenge, she darted in and wriggled her fingers in behind his wing joint, and then zoomed around to get the ticklish spot on his belly before he could retaliate.

It evolved into a high-speed game of tickle-tag. The pair wove in and out of the trees, pouncing and diving at each other in a ridiculous game that took them all throughout the orchard.

Akebia finally admitted defeat. He flopped down face first in the middle of the orchard and lay there panting with his wings spread-eagled. Blossom waited to make sure it wasn’t a ruse before floating down to perch on his head. A consoling pat on the head later, she was carefully grooming his ruffled crest back into shape.

Align text to the right, right, right, right (Teasing voice) "Chasing Aer Sprites again?" 16378747p.png

Akebia’s head shot up, almost dislodging Blossom.

FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png "Hey, that was only once and they really looked like fireflies and I knew it’d be cool if…"

Suddenly realising he was shouting at his great uncle Coconut, he dipped his head and murmured an apology.

16378747p.png "Sorry, I shouldn’t tease you for having fun."
(He glanced around at the orchard) "You’ve done a good job here. Diaquiri will be delighted."
FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png (Murmured sadly) "It’s not me though is it? Blossom does all the work."
16378747p.png "Cheer up, petal. You’ll find your calling soon enough."

Blossom scratched comfortingly behind his horn. Akebia had tried everything he could think of, but he just could not find anything he was good at. He couldn’t cook, he couldn’t craft, and he certainly couldn’t sing. His father was the clan’s nature representative, but Akebia wasn’t very in touch with nature: being neither green-thumbed nor spiritually inclined. He hadn’t inherited his mother’s artistic talents either. And despite being born with a high concentration of natural venom and excellent camouflage, he wasn’t a good tracker or hunter.

16378747p.png "Here, take a nibble of this." High-Voltage Almonds

The odd nut-thing glowed blue and zapped him as he bit into it. Akebia yelped in surprise and almost dropped it. His tongue tingled, but the jolt of lightning hadn’t actually hurt.

16378747p.png "High-voltage almonds. Packs a bit of a wallop and makes your feathers stand on end if you eat too many. The Shifting Expanse has some strange flora."
(He ate an almond and shrugged) "Kind of an odd taste if you ask me. Sophie wants them for a new dessert she’s creating. Greenskeeper is the Lady’s celebration, but that doesn't mean we can’t use foods from all over Sornieth at the Gathering."

Akebia loved eating and couldn’t wait for the Greenskeeper Gathering. The clan had grown substantially since last year’s celebration, so the upcoming festivities should be spectacular. Just thinking about the feast made his mouth water in anticipation.

FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png "That’s it!"

Scrambling to his feet, Akebia bound over and gave a startled Coconut a very enthusiastic hug.

FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png "Oh, Uncle Nutty, you’re a genius!"

Akebia’s head crest fanned out excitedly. He gave a loud warking cry of pure joy and scurried away before his poor confused uncle could reply.

Blossom held tight to Akebia’s horns so she didn’t slip off during his mad dash back home to the lair. She grumbled loudly, but her protests went unheard. He skidded around the side of the slate cliff that partly bordered the lair and sprinted for the entrance. Yelling a greeting to the lair guard, he ran on inside and straight towards the library. About two seconds away from bursting through the doors, he remembered how much trouble he’d be in if he crashed in at his reckless pace and slid to a stop. Blossom almost flew off his head; she tugged his crest in reproach.

Walking carefully and quietly, he determinedly made his way to the section where the big reference books were kept. Lifting a massive tome bound in green leather, he carried it over to a reading stand and carefully set it down.

‘Flora and fauna of the Viridian Labyrinth’

Akebia excitedly flipped through the pages, exclaiming in wonder at the sheer variety of species.

FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png "Look at them all, Blossom. The Viridian Labyrinth is teeming with life. And most of it is edible."

Blossom fluttered down to inspect a sketch of some Sunbeam Rotala. She tilted her head inquiringly at her dragon.

FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png "Every festival we have a feast, right? Well, I’m going to make sure this year’s Greenskeeper Gathering feast is remembered for years to come.
We’re going on a quest: a quest to gather loads of food from the Viridian Labyrinth for the festival feast!
Now all we need to do is tell my parents and get the Matriarch’s permission."

Excitement overtook him again and he was off. Blossom sighed and flew after him.

The current goal of the Pinkerlocke is to collect as much food as possible for the Greenskeeper Gathering festival feast.

Half of all food found while battling in the coliseum will go towards the feast. The other half will be converted into food points to provide the questers provisions for the journey.

On days when the Apparel Wildcard has me use Gathering turns, all plants foraged will go towards a bonus bouquet.
[center][size=6][color=green][b]Day 1[/b][/color][/size] [item=Iron Nugget] [i]Writing[/i][/center] ----- The Matriarch’s latest brood and Akebia’s youngest siblings all reached adulthood today and had all chosen to go on and serve the Gladekeeper. His parents and the Matriarch would attend the exalting ceremony, so he could tell them about his quest all at the same time. Akebia sprinted along the path and quickly reached the clearing where the clan’s shrine to the deities stood. And sure enough: they were all there. The ceremony hadn't even started yet, so he wouldn't be in trouble for interrupting either. Perfect! [columns][img]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/Dragon_Wolfie/FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png[/img][nextcol] (Yelled excitedly) "I've done it! I've done it! I've decided what I'm going to do!”[/columns] He pranced happily over to his parents and gave them a quick hug. Then he found the decorum to walk over to the Matriarch and bow his head respectfully in greeting. She smiled back and lifted an arm to receive his enthusiastic hug. Akebia then stood at attention. [columns][img]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/Dragon_Wolfie/FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png[/img][nextcol]"Matriarch Jinok, I'm going on a quest! I’ll travel all over the Viridian Labyrinth and find loads of ingredients for Craig and Sophie to make into amazing food for the Greenskeeper Gathering. I want us to have the best feast we've ever had!” (He spread his arms wide in excitement)[/columns] [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/121167/12116619p.png[/img][nextcol]"It sounds like a fantastic adventure.” (She smiled) “I'm glad you've found your calling, Akebia."[/columns] Akebia grinned and couldn't help bounding in for another hug, which Jinok accepted with a laugh. Glancing at his parents, he was relieved to find them looking proud of his decision. They got another hug too. [columns][color=transparent]This text is for the blank, blank, blank, blank space[/color][nextcol]“I wish to accompany you.”[nextcol] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/225435/22543407p.png[/img][/columns] Akebia startled and turned to stare at the Tundra. He was one of the Matriarch’s sons, called something musical... Ah, Floyd, that was his name! Akebia had seen him when he’d come to the nesting grounds to play with his little siblings; he’d even read him a bedtime story a couple of times. [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/121167/12116619p.png[/img][nextcol]”Floyd? I thought you were happy to be exalted?”[/columns] [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/225435/22543407p.png[/img][nextcol]”I am, mother. And I still plan to be exalted one day.” (He looked at Akebia) “I wish to be a scribe for the Gladekeeper. If I accompany you and write a chronicle of the quest, the experience will be beneficial to my skills.” (He ducked his head shyly) “And it sounds fun too.” (He peeked hopefully up at Akebia) “So, may I come with you?”[/columns] Akebia beamed and threw his arms around Floyd, much to the Tundra’s embarrassment. He loved the idea of having a friend to journey with and enthusiastically agreed. Floyd shyly grinned and sat beside him. The pair looked up at Matriarch Jinok. [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/121167/12116619p.png[/img][nextcol](She spoke formally) "Akebia. Floyd. You both have my blessing to go on your quest. Good luck, and may the Gladekeeper guide you."[/columns] A quick visit to the clan’s communal dressing room later, Akebia was properly dressed for questing. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16325779] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/163258/16325779_350.png[/img] [/url] Floyd simply picked out a couple of things he thought looked good. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22543407] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/225435/22543407_350.png[/img] [/url] The pair found Hyacinth the librarian and Audel the records keeper and asked them for supplies so Floyd could write his chronicle. They debated over the logistics for a while, before deciding on a different approach. [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/120203/12020289p.png[/img][nextcol]”Here take this guy with you.” (She handed him an ornate mirror) “He’s getting a bit board of just cataloguing books.”[/columns] Akebia and Floyd peered into the mirror. The image swirled, rippled and suddenly there was a masqued face staring at them. [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/79342/7934128p.png[/img][nextcol]“His name is Wren. He can't speak, but he’ll remember everything you say to him. If you ask nicely, he can act as your notebook.”[/columns] [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/120203/12020289p.png[/img][nextcol]”It’ll save on parchment. So, use these only for your final draft.”[/columns] [item=scroll case] [item=intact parchment] [item=empty inkwell] [item=primary pigment blend] And finally, they picked up some provisions for the beginning of the journey. [item=thick meat strips] [item=waterskin] [item=waterskin] [item=centaur nut mix] Most of the clan gathered after lunchtime to see them off, shouting good luck and to take care. Akebia and Floyd waved good-bye and began trekking southeast. Their clan was located near the border between the Shrieking Wilds and the Gladeveins, and Akebia wanted start their search amongst the streams and ponds of the ‘Veins. They soon reached the wide stream that ran along the boarder and followed it southwest. It would eventually bend and pour out into the Gladeveins, but that was a good day’s journey away. Akebia chatted away as they walked. Floyd was mostly quiet, but would occasionally offer an opinion. During a lull in the conversation, Akebia’s gaze wandered over to the river. Maybe going for a bit of a swim would be nice? A flurry of wings and the sharp ‘chak chak’ of a scolding magpie were his only warnings before something struck his snout and bounced off to the ground. Akebia yelped in surprise. He hunched down and a whine left his throat as he covered the sore spot with his hands. Floyd snarled and flared his wings. The pair of magpies squawked and fled, deciding that escaping from the angry dragon was more important than their argument. More shocked than hurt; Akebia rubbed his snout a couple more times before letting Floyd take a look. [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/225435/22543407p.png[/img][nextcol]”There’s a mark and it’ll likely develop into a nasty bruise, but you’re otherwise fine.[/columns] [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163258/16325779p.png[/img][nextcol](Grumbled) ”Still stings though.”[/columns] [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/225435/22543407p.png[/img][nextcol]”What was that, anyway?”[/columns] It had rolled along the path a bit, but the silvery thing wasn't hard to spot. Akebia picked it up. [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/225435/22543407p.png[/img][nextcol]“An Iron Nugget? I see why the magpies were fighting over it, but I wonder where it came from?”[/columns] [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163258/16325779p.png[/img][nextcol]“Ah well, it’s not food, but it is interesting.”[/columns] He put it in his satchel and the pair carried on. ----- [i]Whew, finally done writing this.[/i]
Day 1

Iron Nugget
Writing

The Matriarch’s latest brood and Akebia’s youngest siblings all reached adulthood today and had all chosen to go on and serve the Gladekeeper. His parents and the Matriarch would attend the exalting ceremony, so he could tell them about his quest all at the same time.

Akebia sprinted along the path and quickly reached the clearing where the clan’s shrine to the deities stood. And sure enough: they were all there. The ceremony hadn't even started yet, so he wouldn't be in trouble for interrupting either. Perfect!

FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png (Yelled excitedly) "I've done it! I've done it! I've decided what I'm going to do!”

He pranced happily over to his parents and gave them a quick hug. Then he found the decorum to walk over to the Matriarch and bow his head respectfully in greeting. She smiled back and lifted an arm to receive his enthusiastic hug. Akebia then stood at attention.

FR%20Akebia%20unclothed%20avatar.png "Matriarch Jinok, I'm going on a quest! I’ll travel all over the Viridian Labyrinth and find loads of ingredients for Craig and Sophie to make into amazing food for the Greenskeeper Gathering. I want us to have the best feast we've ever had!” (He spread his arms wide in excitement)

12116619p.png "It sounds like a fantastic adventure.” (She smiled) “I'm glad you've found your calling, Akebia."

Akebia grinned and couldn't help bounding in for another hug, which Jinok accepted with a laugh. Glancing at his parents, he was relieved to find them looking proud of his decision. They got another hug too.

This text is for the blank, blank, blank, blank space “I wish to accompany you.” 22543407p.png

Akebia startled and turned to stare at the Tundra. He was one of the Matriarch’s sons, called something musical... Ah, Floyd, that was his name! Akebia had seen him when he’d come to the nesting grounds to play with his little siblings; he’d even read him a bedtime story a couple of times.

12116619p.png ”Floyd? I thought you were happy to be exalted?”
22543407p.png ”I am, mother. And I still plan to be exalted one day.” (He looked at Akebia) “I wish to be a scribe for the Gladekeeper. If I accompany you and write a chronicle of the quest, the experience will be beneficial to my skills.” (He ducked his head shyly) “And it sounds fun too.” (He peeked hopefully up at Akebia) “So, may I come with you?”

Akebia beamed and threw his arms around Floyd, much to the Tundra’s embarrassment. He loved the idea of having a friend to journey with and enthusiastically agreed. Floyd shyly grinned and sat beside him. The pair looked up at Matriarch Jinok.

12116619p.png (She spoke formally) "Akebia. Floyd. You both have my blessing to go on your quest. Good luck, and may the Gladekeeper guide you."

A quick visit to the clan’s communal dressing room later, Akebia was properly dressed for questing.

16325779_350.png

Floyd simply picked out a couple of things he thought looked good.

22543407_350.png

The pair found Hyacinth the librarian and Audel the records keeper and asked them for supplies so Floyd could write his chronicle. They debated over the logistics for a while, before deciding on a different approach.

12020289p.png ”Here take this guy with you.” (She handed him an ornate mirror) “He’s getting a bit board of just cataloguing books.”

Akebia and Floyd peered into the mirror. The image swirled, rippled and suddenly there was a masqued face staring at them.

7934128p.png “His name is Wren. He can't speak, but he’ll remember everything you say to him. If you ask nicely, he can act as your notebook.”

12020289p.png ”It’ll save on parchment. So, use these only for your final draft.”

Scroll Case Intact Parchment Empty Inkwell Primary Pigment Blend

And finally, they picked up some provisions for the beginning of the journey.

Thick Meat Strips Waterskin Waterskin Centaur Nut Mix

Most of the clan gathered after lunchtime to see them off, shouting good luck and to take care. Akebia and Floyd waved good-bye and began trekking southeast. Their clan was located near the border between the Shrieking Wilds and the Gladeveins, and Akebia wanted start their search amongst the streams and ponds of the ‘Veins.

They soon reached the wide stream that ran along the boarder and followed it southwest. It would eventually bend and pour out into the Gladeveins, but that was a good day’s journey away.

Akebia chatted away as they walked. Floyd was mostly quiet, but would occasionally offer an opinion. During a lull in the conversation, Akebia’s gaze wandered over to the river. Maybe going for a bit of a swim would be nice?

A flurry of wings and the sharp ‘chak chak’ of a scolding magpie were his only warnings before something struck his snout and bounced off to the ground. Akebia yelped in surprise. He hunched down and a whine left his throat as he covered the sore spot with his hands.

Floyd snarled and flared his wings. The pair of magpies squawked and fled, deciding that escaping from the angry dragon was more important than their argument.

More shocked than hurt; Akebia rubbed his snout a couple more times before letting Floyd take a look.

22543407p.png ”There’s a mark and it’ll likely develop into a nasty bruise, but you’re otherwise fine.
16325779p.png (Grumbled) ”Still stings though.”
22543407p.png ”What was that, anyway?”

It had rolled along the path a bit, but the silvery thing wasn't hard to spot. Akebia picked it up.

22543407p.png “An Iron Nugget? I see why the magpies were fighting over it, but I wonder where it came from?”
16325779p.png “Ah well, it’s not food, but it is interesting.”

He put it in his satchel and the pair carried on.

Whew, finally done writing this.
[center][b][color=green][size=6]Day 2[/size][/color][/b] [item=Gladiator's Warhorn] [i]Art[/i][/center] [img]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/Dragon_Wolfie/FR%20Akebia%20Ready%20for%20adventure.png[/img] [center]Hear the call to freedom - a grand adventure awaits.[/center] ----- [i]After trying and failing to come up with a banner, I decided to do a paint doodle of Akebia running back to the lair with Blossom holding on for dear life. I hope I get coli time tomorrow so I can finish up the writing for day 1.[/i]
Day 2

Gladiator's Warhorn
Art

FR%20Akebia%20Ready%20for%20adventure.png
Hear the call to freedom - a grand adventure awaits.

After trying and failing to come up with a banner, I decided to do a paint doodle of Akebia running back to the lair with Blossom holding on for dear life.

I hope I get coli time tomorrow so I can finish up the writing for day 1.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29