Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nameless ~a Pinkerlocke~
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 95 96
[center][b][i]Day 125 & 126 - Learning Language[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=shale][item=expertly-crafted spear] [b]Sentence: [/b] Writing and Art -----[/center] "I cannot speak Coatl," Selk announced. "It is not a skill a Serthis expects to need." "Look at how curious he is, though," Chi realized. "I'll bet we could at least teach him a little Draconic. He's not quite at a good age to learn it fluently, but he could learn. Right, Longfang?" The Coatl stared up at her. "He already recognizes his name, I think. It's a good start." So it was decided: the dragons and Selk would take turns with Longfang, either teaching him language specifically or just talking to him, in the hopes that he would absorb the words that way. When Avogadro's turn came, he took Longfang to a certain tree near the camp. "This is my tree, Fang. It came from my egg, and was planted here when I was born," he told the wide-eyed hatchling. Longfang sat silently, looking between Avogadro and the tree. "There was another egg in the nest with me, but she never hatched. I don't know how I know it would have been a girl," Avogadro amended, "I just know. Anyway, her egg is buried under this tree. I guess so there would always be a part of her in me or something? I don't know. I think the name Janice would be a lovely name for a girl Skydancer, don't you think? That could be her name. I think about what it would be like to have a sibling sometimes, though." At this he knelt to look at Longfang eye to eye. "You could be my little brother. Would you like that?" Longfang cocked his head and stared at Avogadro, as if thinking very hard. Then he raised his paw in the general direction of the tree. "Egg." Avogadro chuckled. "Close enough for now, buddy. Close enough." ----- [s]Art is in progress,[/s] and the next two days will be up... tomorrow, probably. I may do a three-day post to catch up properly. Art for this pull: [url=https://i.imgsafe.org/ab354e5528.jpg][img]https://i.imgsafe.org/ab354e5528.jpg[/img][/url] (click for full-size image)
Day 125 & 126 - Learning Language
@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising
Pull:
Shale Expertly-Crafted Spear
Sentence: Writing and Art
"I cannot speak Coatl," Selk announced. "It is not a skill a Serthis expects to need."
"Look at how curious he is, though," Chi realized. "I'll bet we could at least teach him a little Draconic. He's not quite at a good age to learn it fluently, but he could learn. Right, Longfang?" The Coatl stared up at her. "He already recognizes his name, I think. It's a good start."
So it was decided: the dragons and Selk would take turns with Longfang, either teaching him language specifically or just talking to him, in the hopes that he would absorb the words that way.

When Avogadro's turn came, he took Longfang to a certain tree near the camp.
"This is my tree, Fang. It came from my egg, and was planted here when I was born," he told the wide-eyed hatchling. Longfang sat silently, looking between Avogadro and the tree.
"There was another egg in the nest with me, but she never hatched. I don't know how I know it would have been a girl," Avogadro amended, "I just know. Anyway, her egg is buried under this tree. I guess so there would always be a part of her in me or something? I don't know. I think the name Janice would be a lovely name for a girl Skydancer, don't you think? That could be her name. I think about what it would be like to have a sibling sometimes, though." At this he knelt to look at Longfang eye to eye. "You could be my little brother. Would you like that?"
Longfang cocked his head and stared at Avogadro, as if thinking very hard. Then he raised his paw in the general direction of the tree.
"Egg."
Avogadro chuckled. "Close enough for now, buddy. Close enough."
Art is in progress, and the next two days will be up... tomorrow, probably. I may do a three-day post to catch up properly.
Art for this pull:
ab354e5528.jpg
(click for full-size image)
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

"Egg."

I died XD HE'S SO CUTE!!!!!
@Leopardmask

"Egg."

I died XD HE'S SO CUTE!!!!!
Hello
He's adorable. And you're right, you have terrible luck with Coatls. Here's hoping this one lasts longer!
He's adorable. And you're right, you have terrible luck with Coatls. Here's hoping this one lasts longer!
Chasing Memories, a Pinkerlocke
Free Cauldron Lvl 10
[center][b][i]Day 127-129 - The Woundwyrm Appears[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=seed fern fossil][item=sunset lasher][item=scholar] [b]Sentence: [/b] Art, New Dragon, Death Streak Roll Rolls: 10 - Wildclaw DEATH STREAK Marla, Chi, Martin -----[/center] The dragons were going about their business when something new raced into the camp. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25972076][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=3&bodygene=11&breed=10&element=5&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=36&auth=f020859933021801cda97b98b67713c611865b80&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] "Hhh... hah..." the dragon panted. He seemed unsurprised to see the dragons there. "Something's coming. Big. N-not fast, but it's close. It came through my clan. I ran to warn anyone ahead." "An Emperor?" Marla asked apprehensively. "No, not... not Imperials. One head," the Wildclaw said haltingly. "A touch... one touch..." He couldn't seem to finish. The girls gave each other a meaningful look. "Did you run all the way here to warn us?" Chi asked nervously. The Wildclaw nodded. "We'd better get out-" Chi started to say, when they heard a strange roar through the trees. [size=4][b]ZZZZZELLLLL....DUUUU...[/b][/size] A giant horned head crashed into view, followed by a shambling mass of body, legs, and wings. The whole creature was much, much bigger than even the Emperor they had fought before. The Wildclaw made a choked cry and dove off into the bushes. Chi scooped up Longfang and shoved him at Clementine. "Here! Take him, take Avo, get out of here!" Clementine grabbed Longfang's scruff in her mouth and raced the other direction, Avogadro right behind her, as Chi lifted off into the air. "Chi, wait!" Martin called. "You're not planning on fighting that thing?" "Just buying you some time. GO!" Chi roared. "I'd rather fight by your side," Martin cried. He flapped up next to Chi. Chi, with no time to explain why it would definitely be better for her to hold off an invincible Woundwyrm alone, just rolled her eyes and shot annoyance at him. "Marla!" Chi called down. "Help us out?" A feeling of grim excitement came back to her as Marla's claws started to glow. Chi dove at the great beast, trying to draw it away from her friends. As she came close, she was blasted by a single, animalistic emotion. It almost seemed familiar, but whatever she knew it as was obscured by the animal mind. She spiraled away in confusion - and ran into the creature's outstretched wing. Pain exploded in her body and she heard two anguished cries as the world around her went black. Chi woke hovering above her own body, as she had expected. She winced as she saw the damage that had been done. It was really quite disgusting. Chi looked around, making sure it would be worth the energy to return with the Woundwyrm where it was. She was about to return when she saw Marla leap at the beast. It balked and raised a paw, hitting Marla squarely on her already-wounded shoulder. She screeched and fell to the ground. Chi heard something crack. She shook off her shock and floated over, as Marla started to pull away from her body. Chi grabbed Marla, barely realizing that in spirit form there were no black marks across the Mirror's scales, and struggled to hold the larger dragon down. "What's happening?" Marla murmured groggily. "Am I dead?" "Nope," Chi grunted, before shoving Marla back down as hard as she could. Marla re-entered her body, but wouldn't awake until her body was healed of the death-dealing wound. Chi saw Martin, frozen at the edge of the clearing, looking frantically between the bodies of Chi and Marla and the safety of the trees. "Run, you idiot!" Chi yelled, though she knew he couldn't hear her. "I'm fine! Get away from that thing!" Finally, to Chi's satisfaction, Martin turned tail and ran. The Woundwyrm stopped, confused. It turned in a slightly different direction, away from the dragons, and began walking again, as if looking for something entirely different. Chi noticed herself drifting higher and quickly pushed herself downward to her body as the Woundwyrm passed. ----- Trivia: [i]Iselduan[/i] is the Ursegal word for a Guardian's Charge. How about this. Each character, with the exception of Chi, gets one optional mulligan, where I just go "welp" and ignore their death. Martin's had his, when I was trying to train him with the big level 13's. Now Marla's had hers. [s]Octave had one too at one point[/s] I have an idea for the art but I'll finish the previous art first.
Day 127-129 - The Woundwyrm Appears
@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising
Pull:
Seed Fern Fossil Sunset Lasher Scholar
Sentence: Art, New Dragon, Death Streak Roll
Rolls: 10 - Wildclaw
DEATH STREAK
Marla, Chi, Martin
The dragons were going about their business when something new raced into the camp.
dragon?age=1&body=3&bodygene=11&breed=10&element=5&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=36&auth=f020859933021801cda97b98b67713c611865b80&dummyext=prev.png
"Hhh... hah..." the dragon panted. He seemed unsurprised to see the dragons there. "Something's coming. Big. N-not fast, but it's close. It came through my clan. I ran to warn anyone ahead."
"An Emperor?" Marla asked apprehensively.
"No, not... not Imperials. One head," the Wildclaw said haltingly. "A touch... one touch..." He couldn't seem to finish. The girls gave each other a meaningful look.
"Did you run all the way here to warn us?" Chi asked nervously. The Wildclaw nodded.
"We'd better get out-" Chi started to say, when they heard a strange roar through the trees.
ZZZZZELLLLL....DUUUU...
A giant horned head crashed into view, followed by a shambling mass of body, legs, and wings. The whole creature was much, much bigger than even the Emperor they had fought before. The Wildclaw made a choked cry and dove off into the bushes.
Chi scooped up Longfang and shoved him at Clementine. "Here! Take him, take Avo, get out of here!" Clementine grabbed Longfang's scruff in her mouth and raced the other direction, Avogadro right behind her, as Chi lifted off into the air.
"Chi, wait!" Martin called. "You're not planning on fighting that thing?"
"Just buying you some time. GO!" Chi roared.
"I'd rather fight by your side," Martin cried. He flapped up next to Chi. Chi, with no time to explain why it would definitely be better for her to hold off an invincible Woundwyrm alone, just rolled her eyes and shot annoyance at him.
"Marla!" Chi called down. "Help us out?" A feeling of grim excitement came back to her as Marla's claws started to glow.
Chi dove at the great beast, trying to draw it away from her friends. As she came close, she was blasted by a single, animalistic emotion. It almost seemed familiar, but whatever she knew it as was obscured by the animal mind. She spiraled away in confusion - and ran into the creature's outstretched wing. Pain exploded in her body and she heard two anguished cries as the world around her went black.
Chi woke hovering above her own body, as she had expected. She winced as she saw the damage that had been done. It was really quite disgusting. Chi looked around, making sure it would be worth the energy to return with the Woundwyrm where it was. She was about to return when she saw Marla leap at the beast. It balked and raised a paw, hitting Marla squarely on her already-wounded shoulder. She screeched and fell to the ground. Chi heard something crack. She shook off her shock and floated over, as Marla started to pull away from her body. Chi grabbed Marla, barely realizing that in spirit form there were no black marks across the Mirror's scales, and struggled to hold the larger dragon down.
"What's happening?" Marla murmured groggily. "Am I dead?"
"Nope," Chi grunted, before shoving Marla back down as hard as she could. Marla re-entered her body, but wouldn't awake until her body was healed of the death-dealing wound.
Chi saw Martin, frozen at the edge of the clearing, looking frantically between the bodies of Chi and Marla and the safety of the trees.
"Run, you idiot!" Chi yelled, though she knew he couldn't hear her. "I'm fine! Get away from that thing!" Finally, to Chi's satisfaction, Martin turned tail and ran.
The Woundwyrm stopped, confused. It turned in a slightly different direction, away from the dragons, and began walking again, as if looking for something entirely different. Chi noticed herself drifting higher and quickly pushed herself downward to her body as the Woundwyrm passed.
Trivia: Iselduan is the Ursegal word for a Guardian's Charge.
How about this. Each character, with the exception of Chi, gets one optional mulligan, where I just go "welp" and ignore their death. Martin's had his, when I was trying to train him with the big level 13's. Now Marla's had hers. Octave had one too at one point
I have an idea for the art but I'll finish the previous art first.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 130 - Gift[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=cobra snakehead] [b]Sentence: [/b] 15-20 battles in the Coliseum -----[/center] "Avvvv," Longfang called across the clearing. "Wwhat iss?" Avogadro trotted over. "What's up, Fang?" Longfang silently pointed at a hollow in a tree. He'd mostly given up trying to speak Coatl to the others, though he was still far from fluent in Draconic. "The hole in the tree? Is there something in it?" Longfang took a moment to process this sentence, then nodded. "Innn." Avogadro poked his head into the hollow. Sure enough, there was something at the bottom. "Good eye, Fang!" He reached into the hole. His claws brushed the object, but he couldn't find purchase on it. Marla had already noticed the scene and wandered over; Avogadro wordlessly stepped aside to let Marla try. "Hi Mrrra," Longfang acknowledged as Marla flipped the object out of the tree. It was something in a bag; the bag fell open slightly to reveal something glinting in the light. "Whoa!" exclaimed Marla. "Is that treasure?" She opened the bag further. "It is! These are thousand-mark coins, I think. Light, how many are there, a hundred?" "Eighty-eight," Avogadro corrected. Marla gave him an odd look and counted out the coins. Sure enough, the bag held 88 thousand-mark coins. At the bottom of the bag was a note, written in clumsy footprint-script. [center][i]Thank you so much for letting me stay with you for a while! I really needed the break - the Labyrinth is not an easy place. Hopefully I'll remember to tell you about this gift before I leave, but if I haven't told you, congrats on finding it I guess. I was trying to keep it a surprise. Oh, and thanks for rescuing me from those Serthis. They're another reason I'm giving this to you. I don't want to be harassed by anything else and I don't exactly need money where I'm going. You gave me so much - this is the least I could do in return. Buy yourselves something nice. Good luck to you all in everything you do. I will never forget you. ~Trysta[/i][/center] ----- What even is that item I have never seen it before Also I am so glad Avo is a physical attacker because wow anOTHER meditator what Avogadro and Longfang are both level 4! Also IDK when I last gave a level update on Martin but he's level 7.
Day 130 - Gift
Pull:
Cobra Snakehead
Sentence: 15-20 battles in the Coliseum
"Avvvv," Longfang called across the clearing. "Wwhat iss?"
Avogadro trotted over. "What's up, Fang?"
Longfang silently pointed at a hollow in a tree. He'd mostly given up trying to speak Coatl to the others, though he was still far from fluent in Draconic.
"The hole in the tree? Is there something in it?"
Longfang took a moment to process this sentence, then nodded. "Innn."
Avogadro poked his head into the hollow. Sure enough, there was something at the bottom. "Good eye, Fang!" He reached into the hole. His claws brushed the object, but he couldn't find purchase on it. Marla had already noticed the scene and wandered over; Avogadro wordlessly stepped aside to let Marla try.
"Hi Mrrra," Longfang acknowledged as Marla flipped the object out of the tree. It was something in a bag; the bag fell open slightly to reveal something glinting in the light.
"Whoa!" exclaimed Marla. "Is that treasure?" She opened the bag further. "It is! These are thousand-mark coins, I think. Light, how many are there, a hundred?"
"Eighty-eight," Avogadro corrected. Marla gave him an odd look and counted out the coins. Sure enough, the bag held 88 thousand-mark coins. At the bottom of the bag was a note, written in clumsy footprint-script.

Thank you so much for letting me stay with you for a while! I really needed the break - the Labyrinth is not an easy place. Hopefully I'll remember to tell you about this gift before I leave, but if I haven't told you, congrats on finding it I guess. I was trying to keep it a surprise. Oh, and thanks for rescuing me from those Serthis. They're another reason I'm giving this to you. I don't want to be harassed by anything else and I don't exactly need money where I'm going. You gave me so much - this is the least I could do in return. Buy yourselves something nice.
Good luck to you all in everything you do. I will never forget you.
~Trysta

What even is that item I have never seen it before
Also I am so glad Avo is a physical attacker because wow anOTHER meditator what
Avogadro and Longfang are both level 4! Also IDK when I last gave a level update on Martin but he's level 7.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@leopardmask
Nice write-in. ♥ Also, that's one of the new items for the new Sinuous Swaps two or three updates ago, isn't it?
edit: Released in the same update, but not actually FOR the swap
@leopardmask
Nice write-in. ♥ Also, that's one of the new items for the new Sinuous Swaps two or three updates ago, isn't it?
edit: Released in the same update, but not actually FOR the swap
Chasing Memories, a Pinkerlocke
Free Cauldron Lvl 10
@Moonlitmage No, those use the Golem Workshop eel drops, which are [item=flametail loach][item=bluespot weather loach] However, I checked the update and apparently that [i]is[/i] when the Cobra Snakehead was added. It's a level 30 Fishing item. Ahh, you beat me to it.
@Moonlitmage No, those use the Golem Workshop eel drops, which are
Flametail Loach Bluespot Weather Loach
However, I checked the update and apparently that is when the Cobra Snakehead was added. It's a level 30 Fishing item.

Ahh, you beat me to it.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 131 - [/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=chimera relic] [b]Sentence: [/b] Art -----[/center] I'm running out of ideas for things to draw. I think I have one more idea though.
Day 131 -
Pull:
Chimera Relic
Sentence: Art
I'm running out of ideas for things to draw. I think I have one more idea though.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising I have a near-finished art! I only have 12 colors with me right now, and don't have nearly enough browns or pencil-blending skills to get the colors the way I want, so it'll just be lineart for now, but I may color it later. [url=https://i.imgsafe.org/ab354e5528.jpg][img]https://i.imgsafe.org/ab354e5528.jpg[/img][/url] (click for full-size image) The next one will take a LOT of planning, and probably a fair bit of help from Undel's books.
I have a near-finished art! I only have 12 colors with me right now, and don't have nearly enough browns or pencil-blending skills to get the colors the way I want, so it'll just be lineart for now, but I may color it later.
ab354e5528.jpg
(click for full-size image)
The next one will take a LOT of planning, and probably a fair bit of help from Undel's books.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 132 - Skill[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=nymph] [b]Sentence: [/b] 10-15 battles in the Coliseum -----[/center] Avogadro sat quietly in the forest, meditating. "Avvv?" Avogadro opened one eye. "Oh, hi Fang," he said unenthusiastically. "Wwhat do?" Longfang asked curiously. Avogadro sighed. "I [i]was[/i] meditating," he responded. "Trying to focus my magic. It's still important even though I use my claws to fight." "Yyou sshow mmee fight?" Longfang asked excitedly. "Well, I suppose... but you'll have to fight too. Are you ready for that?" The usual long pause as Longfang figured out what Avogadro was saying. "Rrrrrrready." Avogadro persuaded Martin to come with them and they headed out. Avogadro watched his father closely as Martin shot bolts of Nature magic at their enemies. Longfang mostly hung back, but slowly got more confident and started shooting disorienting puffs at their enemies. Finally, just before they were ready to go home, Avogadro made up his mind. "Dad, hold on a beat. One more fight." He flexed his claws and leaped at a pink owl. Martin caught a glimpse of thorned vines wrapping themselves around Avogadro's clawed gloves before they hit their mark. The owl didn't stand a chance. ----- I wish experience was calculated by an average of your team's levels instead of just by the highest level. I took Martin, Avo, and Longfang back into the Woodland Path, because Avo and Fang are both level 4 so I will NOT take them into the Scorched Forest, but it seems like it's taking forever to get anywhere because of Martin's level. I did go until Martin and Avo leveled up though, so Martin is level 8 and Avogadro is level 5 (which means he finally gets an elemental move yey).
Day 132 - Skill
Pull:
Nymph
Sentence: 10-15 battles in the Coliseum
Avogadro sat quietly in the forest, meditating.
"Avvv?"
Avogadro opened one eye. "Oh, hi Fang," he said unenthusiastically.
"Wwhat do?" Longfang asked curiously.
Avogadro sighed. "I was meditating," he responded. "Trying to focus my magic. It's still important even though I use my claws to fight."
"Yyou sshow mmee fight?" Longfang asked excitedly.
"Well, I suppose... but you'll have to fight too. Are you ready for that?"
The usual long pause as Longfang figured out what Avogadro was saying. "Rrrrrrready."
Avogadro persuaded Martin to come with them and they headed out. Avogadro watched his father closely as Martin shot bolts of Nature magic at their enemies. Longfang mostly hung back, but slowly got more confident and started shooting disorienting puffs at their enemies. Finally, just before they were ready to go home, Avogadro made up his mind.
"Dad, hold on a beat. One more fight." He flexed his claws and leaped at a pink owl. Martin caught a glimpse of thorned vines wrapping themselves around Avogadro's clawed gloves before they hit their mark. The owl didn't stand a chance.
I wish experience was calculated by an average of your team's levels instead of just by the highest level. I took Martin, Avo, and Longfang back into the Woodland Path, because Avo and Fang are both level 4 so I will NOT take them into the Scorched Forest, but it seems like it's taking forever to get anywhere because of Martin's level.
I did go until Martin and Avo leveled up though, so Martin is level 8 and Avogadro is level 5 (which means he finally gets an elemental move yey).
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 95 96