Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lundlaevungar Exaltlings
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6848345] [IMG]http://imgur.com/YVCIPUV.png[/IMG][/url] [img]http://orig11.deviantart.net/c78d/f/2015/147/9/4/fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png[/img][color=transparent]x[/color][b]Rekkr – The Warrior[/b] Rekkr was everything his father wanted him to be. He was strong and hardy; he learned to fight for himself almost before he was grown, battling stray webwings and miths that wandered too close to the Lair. Yet he was also clever; full of guile; prepared to listen, and learn. Einmyrir told him tales of ancient battles and stories of the Arcanist’s ranks of warriors – all of them in need of a leader. Rekkr understood; he prepared himself for taking on such a role in the Observatory. When he left, he did so with his head held high, ready to be the leader he was hatched to one day become. [br][IMG]http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/IMG]

YVCIPUV.png

fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.pngxRekkr – The Warrior

Rekkr was everything his father wanted him to be.

He was strong and hardy; he learned to fight for himself almost before he was grown, battling stray webwings and miths that wandered too close to the Lair. Yet he was also clever; full of guile; prepared to listen, and learn.

Einmyrir told him tales of ancient battles and stories of the Arcanist’s ranks of warriors – all of them in need of a leader. Rekkr understood; he prepared himself for taking on such a role in the Observatory.

When he left, he did so with his head held high, ready to be the leader he was hatched to one day become.

i79pUJC.png
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6822518] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/68226/6822518_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Rea – The Vexing[/b] Rea was taken by Einmyrir because of the Lavender smoke adorning her scales and feathers, which he saw as the Arcanist’s touch. He saw it as a sign that, even though she was Water-born, she was meant to join Him. He spirited her away from her parents and took her to the Observatory himself, whispering words all the while that made her Smoke markings glow, glow, [i]glow[/i] with Arcane energies. “I knew you would come,” she murmured as they flew, Einmyrir clinging between her wings. Her markings pulsed and she shivered. “I saw this. I dreamed this.” “Then you will be [i]invaluable[/i] to Him,” Einmyrir replied. A Seer would truly be held in high regard in the Observatory – both as a source of information, and a subject for research. They flew on, the glow of magic lighting their way, Rea never faltering. Why would she? This was Fate. This was what was [i]supposed[/i] to happen. She had foreseen it. She could no more change it than she could touch the stars. [br][IMG]http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/IMG][br] [size=2]Rea was indeed The Vexing! She wouldn’t sell, despite being lovely and despite Smoke being relatively new. I was [s]and still am[/s] very bitter about this. :P Also, happy World Poetry Day.[/size] [br]

6822518_350.png

Rea – The Vexing

Rea was taken by Einmyrir because of the Lavender smoke adorning her scales and feathers, which he saw as the Arcanist’s touch. He saw it as a sign that, even though she was Water-born, she was meant to join Him.

He spirited her away from her parents and took her to the Observatory himself, whispering words all the while that made her Smoke markings glow, glow, glow with Arcane energies.

“I knew you would come,” she murmured as they flew, Einmyrir clinging between her wings. Her markings pulsed and she shivered. “I saw this. I dreamed this.”

“Then you will be invaluable to Him,” Einmyrir replied. A Seer would truly be held in high regard in the Observatory – both as a source of information, and a subject for research.

They flew on, the glow of magic lighting their way, Rea never faltering. Why would she? This was Fate. This was what was supposed to happen. She had foreseen it. She could no more change it than she could touch the stars.

i79pUJC.png

Rea was indeed The Vexing! She wouldn’t sell, despite being lovely and despite Smoke being relatively new. I was and still am very bitter about this. :P

Also, happy World Poetry Day.

A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them

dragon?age=0&body=4&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=9&gender=0&tert=67&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=66&auth=3066e9629a8f137eccc394273d0846ebf6c97d77&dummyext=prev.png

Stal – The Forgotten

Small and yet steely,
This little one was worthy;
He joined the Scholars.

i79pUJC.png

dragon?age=0&body=4&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=9&gender=1&tert=67&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=67&auth=84ecceef49fe564f32a248bf2e27bcb18e0cec8a&dummyext=prev.png

Eyrir – The Silvery

Eyrir’s pearl was large,
Though his outside life was short:
He had no regrets.

Remembering all,
He gazes into his pearl
But regrets nothing.

i79pUJC.png

dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=4&breed=2&element=9&gender=0&tert=67&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=67&auth=6fc38df764ba1b3954e8e69d4343308a74dc24b6&dummyext=prev.png

Rodinn – The Pretty

In spite of his youth,
Rodinn knew his own soul well:
He went willingly.

i79pUJC.png

Haikus! These were exalted for a big Arance Dom push that we didn’t win.

I still feel terrible about Stal – I forgot to name one of my own hatchlings. ; - ; For some reason I thought Eyrir was male when I wrote his poem, but having looked at his page recently, I realise that’s not the case … however, I’m loath to change it now, so he’s trans. :)

Name Meanings:
Stal: Steel
Eyrir: (Ounce of) Silver
Rodinn: Red

dragon?age=0&body=4&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=9&gender=0&tert=67&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=66&auth=3066e9629a8f137eccc394273d0846ebf6c97d77&dummyext=prev.png

Stal – The Forgotten

Small and yet steely,
This little one was worthy;
He joined the Scholars.

i79pUJC.png

dragon?age=0&body=4&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=9&gender=1&tert=67&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=67&auth=84ecceef49fe564f32a248bf2e27bcb18e0cec8a&dummyext=prev.png

Eyrir – The Silvery

Eyrir’s pearl was large,
Though his outside life was short:
He had no regrets.

Remembering all,
He gazes into his pearl
But regrets nothing.

i79pUJC.png

dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=4&breed=2&element=9&gender=0&tert=67&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=67&auth=6fc38df764ba1b3954e8e69d4343308a74dc24b6&dummyext=prev.png

Rodinn – The Pretty

In spite of his youth,
Rodinn knew his own soul well:
He went willingly.

i79pUJC.png

Haikus! These were exalted for a big Arance Dom push that we didn’t win.

I still feel terrible about Stal – I forgot to name one of my own hatchlings. ; - ; For some reason I thought Eyrir was male when I wrote his poem, but having looked at his page recently, I realise that’s not the case … however, I’m loath to change it now, so he’s trans. :)

Name Meanings:
Stal: Steel
Eyrir: (Ounce of) Silver
Rodinn: Red

Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
n82CYUb.png

Ranga and Rin – The Crooked Rivers

The Spiral sisters were left at the main entrance to the Lundlaevungar lair, alongside their Mirror siblings Syllinga and Hneitir, with no explanation. Their similarity in looks to Morcant and his recent dalliance with a pretty Mirror led most of the Clan to assume that he was their father. After a brief and futile attempt to locate their mother, all four hatchlings were accepted into the Clan and given a home for as long as they wanted it.

Morcant had little to do with his offspring as they grew up. This was partly due to his wanderlust, and partly because the hatchlings themselves had inherited this same urge to explore – and cause trouble. While Syllinga and Hneitir ran their caretakers ragged with incessant mischief, Ranga and Rin often could not be found for hours on end. The Spirals were drawn to the Starwood Strand to explore the little waterways that ran between the trees. As they grew older and bolder, the brooks and dramatic cascades of the Focal Point called to them more strongly, and they started to disappear for days at a time.

It was then that Einmyrir began to take an interest in Ranga and Rin. He spoke to them of the stars and their movements: their patient tide across the sky, like the waves advancing and retreating along the shoreline; the flow of comets and meteors, like unending rivers.

As he had planned, they began to turn their Arcane eyes to the heavens. To watch; to whisper together of what they might see, if they could go there.

Their explorations were so frequent and so lengthy that the Clan barely noticed when Ranga and Rin went missing. It was only when Syllinga and Hneitir began to show concern that they realised that they had never been away for so long before. I became clear after several weeks that the two Spirals were not coming back, though none could guess where they had gone.

Einmyrir only smiled to himself, and stared up at the stars, and whispered a blessing to the Arcanist’s newest explorers.

i79pUJC.png

hAUGll5.png

Syllinga and Hneitir – The Forsaken

Syllinga and Hneitir were left on the threshold of the Lundlaevungar lair alongside their Spiral sisters, Ranga and Rin. There was no explanation, but the Clan assumed that their father was the Spiral Morcant, who had recently bragged of a romance with a pretty Mirror. The hatchlings’ mother could not be found, and so the four joined the Lundlaevungar.

Unlike their easy-going sisters, Syllinga and Hneitir did not forgive their father so easily for refusing to acknowledge them as his own, and for neglecting to spend time with them on the rare occasions he returned to the Lair. So, they turned upon the Clan that had so kindly taken them in, wreaking havoc in any way they could. They rooted through the Hoard, disrupting its careful organisation and releasing familiars and food alike; they followed hunting parties only to lose all skills in subtlety the moment they spotted prey, and deliberately went swimming whenever the older dragons were trying to catch fish; they teased their elders with words and sharp teeth in tail-tips, and drove the Lundlaevungar to distraction.

When they were old enough, Loki placed both Mirrors in the charge of Thor, to train them for battle in the hopes that this might kerb their tendencies for mischief – or at least, turn them outwards.

However, as soon as they had the skills, Syllinga and Hneitir began to target the local Beastclans, with whom the Lundlaevungar had been on neutral terms until this point.

It was around this time that Ranga and Rin disappeared for good.

When the Mirror pair realised that their sisters were not coming back, their behaviour only grew worse. They began to target not only the local Longneck, Centaur and Talonok tribes, but moved further afield to do battle with scouts from Beastclans living on the edge of the Arcane lands. Eventually, the Beastclan leaders sent envoys to the Lundlaevungar, insisting that something had to be done.

Syllinga and Hneitir were given an ultimatum: they could leave the Lundlaevungar of their own free will and cut all ties forever; or they could be taken by force to the Observatory.

They chose to leave and go in search of their lost sisters. They left the same day without saying a single word to their father, and were not heard from again.

i79pUJC.png

The father of these four dragons, Morcant, is canonically a huge Casanova; this ‘hatchlings on the threshold’ thing probably happens a lot. :3 I like to think that these siblings found each other again in the Observatory.

Also, playing with Beastclan lore, because why not!

Name Meanings:
Ranga: Crooked River
Rin: The Rhine
Syllinga: The Scilly Isles
Hneitir: Cutter

The links above lead to full-size images of Ranga and Rin’s outfits because I particularly like them. :)

n82CYUb.png

Ranga and Rin – The Crooked Rivers

The Spiral sisters were left at the main entrance to the Lundlaevungar lair, alongside their Mirror siblings Syllinga and Hneitir, with no explanation. Their similarity in looks to Morcant and his recent dalliance with a pretty Mirror led most of the Clan to assume that he was their father. After a brief and futile attempt to locate their mother, all four hatchlings were accepted into the Clan and given a home for as long as they wanted it.

Morcant had little to do with his offspring as they grew up. This was partly due to his wanderlust, and partly because the hatchlings themselves had inherited this same urge to explore – and cause trouble. While Syllinga and Hneitir ran their caretakers ragged with incessant mischief, Ranga and Rin often could not be found for hours on end. The Spirals were drawn to the Starwood Strand to explore the little waterways that ran between the trees. As they grew older and bolder, the brooks and dramatic cascades of the Focal Point called to them more strongly, and they started to disappear for days at a time.

It was then that Einmyrir began to take an interest in Ranga and Rin. He spoke to them of the stars and their movements: their patient tide across the sky, like the waves advancing and retreating along the shoreline; the flow of comets and meteors, like unending rivers.

As he had planned, they began to turn their Arcane eyes to the heavens. To watch; to whisper together of what they might see, if they could go there.

Their explorations were so frequent and so lengthy that the Clan barely noticed when Ranga and Rin went missing. It was only when Syllinga and Hneitir began to show concern that they realised that they had never been away for so long before. I became clear after several weeks that the two Spirals were not coming back, though none could guess where they had gone.

Einmyrir only smiled to himself, and stared up at the stars, and whispered a blessing to the Arcanist’s newest explorers.

i79pUJC.png

hAUGll5.png

Syllinga and Hneitir – The Forsaken

Syllinga and Hneitir were left on the threshold of the Lundlaevungar lair alongside their Spiral sisters, Ranga and Rin. There was no explanation, but the Clan assumed that their father was the Spiral Morcant, who had recently bragged of a romance with a pretty Mirror. The hatchlings’ mother could not be found, and so the four joined the Lundlaevungar.

Unlike their easy-going sisters, Syllinga and Hneitir did not forgive their father so easily for refusing to acknowledge them as his own, and for neglecting to spend time with them on the rare occasions he returned to the Lair. So, they turned upon the Clan that had so kindly taken them in, wreaking havoc in any way they could. They rooted through the Hoard, disrupting its careful organisation and releasing familiars and food alike; they followed hunting parties only to lose all skills in subtlety the moment they spotted prey, and deliberately went swimming whenever the older dragons were trying to catch fish; they teased their elders with words and sharp teeth in tail-tips, and drove the Lundlaevungar to distraction.

When they were old enough, Loki placed both Mirrors in the charge of Thor, to train them for battle in the hopes that this might kerb their tendencies for mischief – or at least, turn them outwards.

However, as soon as they had the skills, Syllinga and Hneitir began to target the local Beastclans, with whom the Lundlaevungar had been on neutral terms until this point.

It was around this time that Ranga and Rin disappeared for good.

When the Mirror pair realised that their sisters were not coming back, their behaviour only grew worse. They began to target not only the local Longneck, Centaur and Talonok tribes, but moved further afield to do battle with scouts from Beastclans living on the edge of the Arcane lands. Eventually, the Beastclan leaders sent envoys to the Lundlaevungar, insisting that something had to be done.

Syllinga and Hneitir were given an ultimatum: they could leave the Lundlaevungar of their own free will and cut all ties forever; or they could be taken by force to the Observatory.

They chose to leave and go in search of their lost sisters. They left the same day without saying a single word to their father, and were not heard from again.

i79pUJC.png

The father of these four dragons, Morcant, is canonically a huge Casanova; this ‘hatchlings on the threshold’ thing probably happens a lot. :3 I like to think that these siblings found each other again in the Observatory.

Also, playing with Beastclan lore, because why not!

Name Meanings:
Ranga: Crooked River
Rin: The Rhine
Syllinga: The Scilly Isles
Hneitir: Cutter

The links above lead to full-size images of Ranga and Rin’s outfits because I particularly like them. :)

Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them

ScdL1Ka.png

Serkhan – The Raider

He came from the Southern Icefield: a warrior as cold as his homeland, wrapped in a snow-coloured cloak, a battered helm upon his head. Few saw him without the accoutrements of battle, but there were whispers of the scars he bore even within hours of his arrival.

There were rumours, too, of wounds that cut deeper than flesh and bone.

Serkhan spoke little, and trusted less. A valuable warrior, he brought a number of prizes back from skirmishes and hunting trips around the Clan’s borders, which he presented as payment of the debt he owed for being allowed to remain. He often sat with the Clan; however, he always seemed apart from the conversation that drifted around him, listening but not taking part.

He could not settle. As time wore on, his eyes drifted towards the South more and more frequently, as if searching for something – or as if he feared something from the Icefield was searching for him.

He left with no warning, and without saying goodbye.

i79pUJC.png

This one’s a little lacklustre to me. He looks awesome, but without writing around 5,000 words I couldn’t do him justice. I know there was stuff in his past. I think his original clan was anti-Beastclan, and he wound up perhaps being held captive by the Beastclan – which changed his mind about them. Then when he escaped (or was set free) he tried to change his Clan’s mind, but they wouldn’t listen and eventually exiled him or sentenced him to death … so he’s on the run.

ScdL1Ka.png

Serkhan – The Raider

He came from the Southern Icefield: a warrior as cold as his homeland, wrapped in a snow-coloured cloak, a battered helm upon his head. Few saw him without the accoutrements of battle, but there were whispers of the scars he bore even within hours of his arrival.

There were rumours, too, of wounds that cut deeper than flesh and bone.

Serkhan spoke little, and trusted less. A valuable warrior, he brought a number of prizes back from skirmishes and hunting trips around the Clan’s borders, which he presented as payment of the debt he owed for being allowed to remain. He often sat with the Clan; however, he always seemed apart from the conversation that drifted around him, listening but not taking part.

He could not settle. As time wore on, his eyes drifted towards the South more and more frequently, as if searching for something – or as if he feared something from the Icefield was searching for him.

He left with no warning, and without saying goodbye.

i79pUJC.png

This one’s a little lacklustre to me. He looks awesome, but without writing around 5,000 words I couldn’t do him justice. I know there was stuff in his past. I think his original clan was anti-Beastclan, and he wound up perhaps being held captive by the Beastclan – which changed his mind about them. Then when he escaped (or was set free) he tried to change his Clan’s mind, but they wouldn’t listen and eventually exiled him or sentenced him to death … so he’s on the run.

Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8289051] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/82891/8289051_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Gradarlae – The Dangerous[/b] A Nature dragon, Gradarlae joined the Lundlaevungar after he was exiled from the Clan into which he was hatched. He had journeyed from the Viridian Labyrinth in search of shelter, passing through the Tangled Wood and the Scarred Wasteland, only to be cast out of each Lair in turn. For Gradarlae was poison. In his parents’ clan, he had been apprenticed to those in charge of the Hoard, and given the task of ordering of the food stores: ensuring that the meat, seafood, plants and insects were properly stored and separated, and placing the newly gathered items in their places. It was only after the deaths started that the clan began to look into what had caused them – and they discovered, to their horror, that it was because of Gradarlae. The gems bonded to his hide were unusually soft and dull, and shed a fine, green dust when rubbed. The gems were greatest in number around his joints, and clustered around his claws, only restricting the movement a little but meaning that everything he handled was tainted by the dust – including the clan’s food supply. The fine, crystalline dust itself was the poison that had already killed a number of the youngest and oldest in the Clan. Gradarlae fled, and tried to stop his gembound hide from shedding, but it was no good. Each time he found a Clan to take him in, he was forced run again when they inevitably realised that he was the cause of the mystery illness that appeared shortly after his arrival. Even dragons of the Plague Flight could not stomach his deadly presence. Sure enough, the Lundlaevungar started to fall ill. However, when Gradarlae tried to take flight before the deaths could begin, he was stopped by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=100781]Thor[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56018]Angrboda[/url] and prevented from escaping – and so was forced to tell the whole, sorry tale. As he drew to a close, he started to weep, begging for them to kill him so that he would not be able to hurt anyone else. Instead, they sent him to the Observatory, Einmyrir’s promises echoing in his ears – that the Arcanist could help, that he would be cured with a secret blend of magic and science, that he could hurt no one within those hallowed walls … [br][IMG]http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/IMG][br] [size=2][b]Name Meaning:[/b] Hunger’s Bane (i.e. food) I wanted to do something more interesting than ‘chef’ for him, given his name meaning, but I made myself sad with this … :( [/size] [br]

8289051_350.png

Gradarlae – The Dangerous

A Nature dragon, Gradarlae joined the Lundlaevungar after he was exiled from the Clan into which he was hatched. He had journeyed from the Viridian Labyrinth in search of shelter, passing through the Tangled Wood and the Scarred Wasteland, only to be cast out of each Lair in turn.

For Gradarlae was poison.

In his parents’ clan, he had been apprenticed to those in charge of the Hoard, and given the task of ordering of the food stores: ensuring that the meat, seafood, plants and insects were properly stored and separated, and placing the newly gathered items in their places.

It was only after the deaths started that the clan began to look into what had caused them – and they discovered, to their horror, that it was because of Gradarlae. The gems bonded to his hide were unusually soft and dull, and shed a fine, green dust when rubbed. The gems were greatest in number around his joints, and clustered around his claws, only restricting the movement a little but meaning that everything he handled was tainted by the dust – including the clan’s food supply. The fine, crystalline dust itself was the poison that had already killed a number of the youngest and oldest in the Clan.

Gradarlae fled, and tried to stop his gembound hide from shedding, but it was no good. Each time he found a Clan to take him in, he was forced run again when they inevitably realised that he was the cause of the mystery illness that appeared shortly after his arrival. Even dragons of the Plague Flight could not stomach his deadly presence.

Sure enough, the Lundlaevungar started to fall ill. However, when Gradarlae tried to take flight before the deaths could begin, he was stopped by Thor and Angrboda and prevented from escaping – and so was forced to tell the whole, sorry tale. As he drew to a close, he started to weep, begging for them to kill him so that he would not be able to hurt anyone else.

Instead, they sent him to the Observatory, Einmyrir’s promises echoing in his ears – that the Arcanist could help, that he would be cured with a secret blend of magic and science, that he could hurt no one within those hallowed walls …

i79pUJC.png

Name Meaning: Hunger’s Bane (i.e. food)

I wanted to do something more interesting than ‘chef’ for him, given his name meaning, but I made myself sad with this … :(

Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them

FbZ9TJ7.png

Cinnamon – The Acolyte

Cinnamon came to the Lundlaevungar through a circuitous route.

He began his life in the Scarred Wasteland, but at an early age was traded by into a Nature clan as an act of diplomacy. He sired several clutches as part of his obligation to his new clan, though he did not feel any love for the mother of his hatchlings. However, as he left his adolescence behind, his shimmering pinkish chest started to sprout thick tufts of unnatural fur. Horrified by this, and thinking it was a contagion left in him by his original Clan as a trick, the Nature clan cast him out.

After wandering through the Viridian Labyrinth for some weeks, he stumbled out of the trees and into Dragonhome. There he was found by an Earth clan; these dragons were not disgusted by his disfigurement, and welcomed him into the fold. In the time that followed, he sired more hatchlings, though once again his heart did not belong to their mother.

Rather, it belonged to the pinkish hue on the horizon; to the night sky filled with stars and mystery. So, one day, he decided to leave them behind and journey to the Starfall Isles.

His path led him to the Lair of the Lundlaevungar, where he had heard there dwelled a dragon who could see the Arcanist’s Breath in all things. He found Einmyrir.

Einmyrir told Cinnamon that the fur he bore across his chest was no contagion, but a blessing from the Arcanist – a sign that he was under His protection, and meant to join Him one day. Cinnamon listened, and believed it, and asked the Fae for his help in preparing for the journey to come, and the life he would lead in the Observatory.

The two spent long hours together: researching, speaking of the secrets of the universe and the movements of the stars, praising the Arcanist. They used Cinnamon’s wings, now pale with age, as parchment to make annotations on experiments they performed. When they were completely filled with markings, Einmyrir announced that he was ready. Delighted, Cinnamon set out within the same hour to join the God who had marked him as his own.

i79pUJC.png

FbZ9TJ7.png

Cinnamon – The Acolyte

Cinnamon came to the Lundlaevungar through a circuitous route.

He began his life in the Scarred Wasteland, but at an early age was traded by into a Nature clan as an act of diplomacy. He sired several clutches as part of his obligation to his new clan, though he did not feel any love for the mother of his hatchlings. However, as he left his adolescence behind, his shimmering pinkish chest started to sprout thick tufts of unnatural fur. Horrified by this, and thinking it was a contagion left in him by his original Clan as a trick, the Nature clan cast him out.

After wandering through the Viridian Labyrinth for some weeks, he stumbled out of the trees and into Dragonhome. There he was found by an Earth clan; these dragons were not disgusted by his disfigurement, and welcomed him into the fold. In the time that followed, he sired more hatchlings, though once again his heart did not belong to their mother.

Rather, it belonged to the pinkish hue on the horizon; to the night sky filled with stars and mystery. So, one day, he decided to leave them behind and journey to the Starfall Isles.

His path led him to the Lair of the Lundlaevungar, where he had heard there dwelled a dragon who could see the Arcanist’s Breath in all things. He found Einmyrir.

Einmyrir told Cinnamon that the fur he bore across his chest was no contagion, but a blessing from the Arcanist – a sign that he was under His protection, and meant to join Him one day. Cinnamon listened, and believed it, and asked the Fae for his help in preparing for the journey to come, and the life he would lead in the Observatory.

The two spent long hours together: researching, speaking of the secrets of the universe and the movements of the stars, praising the Arcanist. They used Cinnamon’s wings, now pale with age, as parchment to make annotations on experiments they performed. When they were completely filled with markings, Einmyrir announced that he was ready. Delighted, Cinnamon set out within the same hour to join the God who had marked him as his own.

i79pUJC.png
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@flowie Thank you so much for the compliment on my writing - that means a lot to me! I'm really glad you're enjoying reading the stories. :)
@flowie Thank you so much for the compliment on my writing - that means a lot to me! I'm really glad you're enjoying reading the stories. :)
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[IMG]http://imgur.com/mQ7HOKy.png[/IMG] [img]http://orig11.deviantart.net/c78d/f/2015/147/9/4/fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png[/img][color=transparent]x[/color][b][url= http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8427381]Taka[/url], [url= http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=427382]Tilkvama[/url] and [url= http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8427383]Tonn[/url] – The Pages[/b] This trio of hatchlings were trained in the arts of war by their older brother, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1769078/5#post_18629144]Rekkr[/url]. Einmyrir left them in his charge to better prepare him for the role of Commander he would surely receive in the Observatory. He did not disappoint. Tilkvama, like Rekkr, though himself meant for great things once he was exalted. Vain and self-important, he found himself the height of good looks, and spent all his time preening when he was not learning to fight or kill. However, for all his airs, he was nonetheless fearsome in the face of battle. Tonn was not the cleverest of hatchlings. Blunt of claw but sharp of tooth, he fell easily into the role of backup to his clutch-mates: watching their backs when they fought; soothing their hurts when they returned to the Lair; even holding Tilkvama’s mirror and helping to buff his scales to a vibrant shine. Taka was a warlike creature even as she broke from her egg, scattering shards of shell as she burst out, shivering, claws and teeth at the ready. She bit her mother when Ena tried to hold her, and Ena knew then that she had lost this clutch to her mate’s wiles; there was too much of him in them. The three were rarely separated. For all Taka claimed to despair of Tonn and made scathing remarks about Tilkvama’s grooming habits, and they complained of her violence in return, they loved one another. Rekkr left first, with instructions that they should follow him only when their father deemed them ready. It did not take long. [br][IMG]http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/IMG][br] [size=2][b]Name Meanings:[/b] Taka: Take, Capture Tilkvama: Importance Tonn: Tooth[/size] [br]
mQ7HOKy.png

fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.pngxTaka, Tilkvama and Tonn – The Pages

This trio of hatchlings were trained in the arts of war by their older brother, Rekkr. Einmyrir left them in his charge to better prepare him for the role of Commander he would surely receive in the Observatory.

He did not disappoint.

Tilkvama, like Rekkr, though himself meant for great things once he was exalted. Vain and self-important, he found himself the height of good looks, and spent all his time preening when he was not learning to fight or kill. However, for all his airs, he was nonetheless fearsome in the face of battle.

Tonn was not the cleverest of hatchlings. Blunt of claw but sharp of tooth, he fell easily into the role of backup to his clutch-mates: watching their backs when they fought; soothing their hurts when they returned to the Lair; even holding Tilkvama’s mirror and helping to buff his scales to a vibrant shine.

Taka was a warlike creature even as she broke from her egg, scattering shards of shell as she burst out, shivering, claws and teeth at the ready. She bit her mother when Ena tried to hold her, and Ena knew then that she had lost this clutch to her mate’s wiles; there was too much of him in them.

The three were rarely separated. For all Taka claimed to despair of Tonn and made scathing remarks about Tilkvama’s grooming habits, and they complained of her violence in return, they loved one another.

Rekkr left first, with instructions that they should follow him only when their father deemed them ready. It did not take long.

i79pUJC.png

Name Meanings:
Taka: Take, Capture
Tilkvama: Importance
Tonn: Tooth

Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Lundlaeva this is more than awesome! Monitoring this tread now. Thank you for beautiful stories.
@Lundlaeva this is more than awesome! Monitoring this tread now. Thank you for beautiful stories.
Pixel Teapot Wind and Nature joined emblem Ursegal Project emblem
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14