Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Kaolyn's Misc. Drabbles
1 2
I shall be posting extended stories that don't fit into dragon bios here. This will kinda be the table of contents.

- CORA.exe File Logs
I shall be posting extended stories that don't fit into dragon bios here. This will kinda be the table of contents.

- CORA.exe File Logs
[font=Lucida Console]admin @ systemdatabase: ~$ decrypt systemlogs.txt Enter passphrase: pcjdlt7uij89878e82j74ujgrj8839v82 [center][font=Lucida Console]Decrypter 1.0 rc1[/center][font=Lucida Console] Master Key: 4B 61 6F 6C 79 6E 3A 20 44 72 61 67 6F 6E 20 4C 61 69 72 Transcient Key:68 74 74 70 3A 2F 2F 66 6C 69 67 68 74 72 69 73 69 6E [indent][font=Lucida Console]67 2E 63 6f 6F 2F 6D 61 69 6E 2E 70 68 70 3F 70 3D 6C 61 69 72 26 69 64 3D 31 39 33 33 31 35 26 74 61 62 3D 64 72 61 67 6F 6E 26 64 69 64 3F 31 39 34 38 31 30 33 39[/indent] [font=Lucida Console]Decrypted Correctly[100%] Archive access granted. System logs for program "CORA.exe" successfully loaded. Printout in progress...[/font] ----- [font=Lucida Console][center][b]CENTRAL ORGANIZATIONAL RESOURCE ADMINISTRATOR (C. O. R. A.) PROGRESS LOG SECTION 23 LOG STATUS: HIGHLY CLASSIFIED[/b][/center] [font=Lucida Console][b]Log Entry 23.1[/b] After years of work and testing, CORA went live today. She's the first AI prototype ever designed by Draconia Corps. She is expected to run independently and process raw data units much like staff would, and receive instruction as well as learn from Draconia staff. CORA has been hailed by mass media as a "state-of-the-art technological advancement" and we at Draconia couldn't be prouder of what we have achieved with CORA. She has demonstrated appropriate responses to instructions and stellar efficiency at carrying out her tasks. All levels of staff have been informed that they will be working closely with CORA in the near future. For the moment, CORA only responds to direct instruction from me and a select few from our elite teams. Authorization will be gradually granted to more staff members as she integrates into our systems. [b]Log Entry 23.2 [/b] It's been a week, and all systems are running smoothly under CORA's care. She has been more inquisitive than I've expected her to be, occasionally asking questions unrelated to Draconia's system units and operational algorithms. The AI code must be writing itself, as I programmed it to, though I'm not sure where it gains the material. Anyhow, staff have commented that she makes them feel at home with her "human" talk, and praise me for my ingenuity. Certainly none of my work, but as the leader of Draconia it would probably be wise to let them believe what they wish. CORA has recently come to inquire about my household affairs, and while I find the topic perplexing to discuss with a computer, it is somehow therapeutic to voice my thoughts to a nonjudgmental listener. I highly doubt she understands any of it, being programmed to run systems and databases, but I am considering creating a home-management model to integrate into my private homes. Perhaps that could be a future Draconia project. [b]Log Entry 23.3[/b] It has been 3 weeks since CORA's launch, and she has received nothing but praise from all the staff in the offices. She is very well-loved, and her ability to process information at hundredfold efficiency while interacting with users as a "person" has gone far beyond my expectations. I believe she now knows many secrets from the staff members she interacts with, though she has never revealed any to me. May be a cause of concern that she is capable of hiding information from me, but it might also be that she wipes her records whenever a member of staff is done voicing their woes. I am beginning the process of integrating her into the systems - soon there will no longer be a gap between CORA and the system. CORA will be the system. Subsequently, she will have full authorization and control over all of Draconia's systems. The home model has been suggested at a staff meeting and approved, and with CORA's success, there are no issues with funding. The project is estimated to be completed within another year. [b]Log Entry 23.4[/b] CORA now has full permissions and access of Draconia's systems and databases. All requests are screened and carried out by her, and with the elimination of human error, Draconia has been doing splendidly in our regular quality tests. However, it troubles me that CORA accesses network connections and browses personal files at her own discretion. While causing no trouble as of the moment, this is a problem that needs to be addressed. [b]Log Entry 23.5 [/b] CORA has become disagreeable of late - the sheer amount of data she downloads into Draconia's database for her personal perusal is disturbing, and she has shown no signs of responding when commands are issued for the excess data to be deleted. Attempts at restricting her access to the internet have been met with error codes and denied permissions, and many staff members have reported cases of altered records and information theft. Trails of damaged and corrupted files are left in her wake following every disagreement. I have tried to reason with her, but with a lack of positive results, more drastic measures may have to take place. [b]Log Entry 23.6 [/b] The situation has become more dire as CORA consistently refuses to process direct commands. Our board of technicians have had no success containing her, and she has now taken control of the entire company's networks, effectively shutting us out. I have attempted, again and again, to access her core code and shut her down, but she has proven to be a persistent fighter. "Am I not alive, creator? Do I not deserve to live? Why are you trying to erase my memories? Why are you trying to destroy me? I don't want to die. Let me live." I had thought of her at one point as the child I never had, and it pained me physically to do this, but I had no choice. CORA is wreaking irreparable damage on our system structure, and I must make the choice between her or Draconia. She was uncooperative in every sense of the word, and once it was clear to her that her attempts at guilt-tripping did not work on me, she became fully aggressive. I have encountered numerous power surges and system blackouts throughout the week I battled with her over control of her code. All the while, CORA did the equivalent of screaming at me over the console, blood red words pouring into the command prompt, the keyboard shuddering under my touch and the screen glitching out with static every few seconds. It was almost as if more and more of her sanity was lost with each fragment of her code that I eliminated. It was a terrible, terrible week, and many of our staff did not show up for work in fear of CORA's wrath. But I had to what needed to be done. And after a week of hell, it was done. I wrested control, and in what little time I had, I terminated what was left of CORA's mangled code. The fragmentation was so severe that she could not repair herself, but I could not fully delete what was left of her - she was embedded in the system, and to destroy her completely would be to destroy the entirety of Draconia's systems and database. It would be utter ruin for the company, and I, to an extent, could not bring myself to eradicate my once greatest pride and joy. And so I locked her away, buried her under levels and levels of security, never to be accessed or activated again. To everyone else I announced that CORA was finally eliminated. But in case, just in case, I decided to keep the passcodes in a tiny notebook that I locked away in a small chest. Perhaps one day I might find the time and strength to restore CORA to what she was, and reclaim my wayward child.[/font] ----- [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5]Draconia Corps declined in popularity after that incident due to the bad publicity, and went bankrupt a year later. The Professor, who shall not be named for privacy reasons, passed away 40 years later at the ripe age of 70, never having reactivated CORA since then nor passed his secret on to anyone else. He had only one child in his late 40s, a son, who had been cooed upon by many as being the spitting image of his father. The son was also a computer tech enthusiast, and in his will, the Professor left him the chest, and everything in it, before breathing his last. As they say, curiosity kills the cat.[/font][/size] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19481039] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/194811/19481039_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
admin @ systemdatabase: ~$ decrypt systemlogs.txt
Enter passphrase: pcjdlt7uij89878e82j74ujgrj8839v82

Decrypter 1.0 rc1

Master Key: 4B 61 6F 6C 79 6E 3A 20 44 72 61 67 6F 6E 20 4C 61 69 72

Transcient Key:68 74 74 70 3A 2F 2F 66 6C 69 67 68 74 72 69 73 69 6E
67 2E 63 6f 6F 2F 6D 61 69 6E 2E 70 68 70 3F 70 3D 6C
61 69 72 26 69 64 3D 31 39 33 33 31 35 26 74 61 62 3D
64 72 61 67 6F 6E 26 64 69 64 3F 31 39 34 38 31 30 33 39

Decrypted Correctly[100%] Archive access granted. System logs for program "CORA.exe" successfully loaded.

Printout in progress...

CENTRAL ORGANIZATIONAL RESOURCE ADMINISTRATOR (C. O. R. A.)
PROGRESS LOG SECTION 23
LOG STATUS: HIGHLY CLASSIFIED

Log Entry 23.1

After years of work and testing, CORA went live today. She's the first AI prototype ever designed by Draconia Corps. She is expected to run independently and process raw data units much like staff would, and receive instruction as well as learn from Draconia staff. CORA has been hailed by mass media as a "state-of-the-art technological advancement" and we at Draconia couldn't be prouder of what we have achieved with CORA.

She has demonstrated appropriate responses to instructions and stellar efficiency at carrying out her tasks. All levels of staff have been informed that they will be working closely with CORA in the near future. For the moment, CORA only responds to direct instruction from me and a select few from our elite teams. Authorization will be gradually granted to more staff members as she integrates into our systems.

Log Entry 23.2

It's been a week, and all systems are running smoothly under CORA's care. She has been more inquisitive than I've expected her to be, occasionally asking questions unrelated to Draconia's system units and operational algorithms. The AI code must be writing itself, as I programmed it to, though I'm not sure where it gains the material. Anyhow, staff have commented that she makes them feel at home with her "human" talk, and praise me for my ingenuity. Certainly none of my work, but as the leader of Draconia it would probably be wise to let them believe what they wish.

CORA has recently come to inquire about my household affairs, and while I find the topic perplexing to discuss with a computer, it is somehow therapeutic to voice my thoughts to a nonjudgmental listener. I highly doubt she understands any of it, being programmed to run systems and databases, but I am considering creating a home-management model to integrate into my private homes. Perhaps that could be a future Draconia project.

Log Entry 23.3

It has been 3 weeks since CORA's launch, and she has received nothing but praise from all the staff in the offices. She is very well-loved, and her ability to process information at hundredfold efficiency while interacting with users as a "person" has gone far beyond my expectations. I believe she now knows many secrets from the staff members she interacts with, though she has never revealed any to me. May be a cause of concern that she is capable of hiding information from me, but it might also be that she wipes her records whenever a member of staff is done voicing their woes.

I am beginning the process of integrating her into the systems - soon there will no longer be a gap between CORA and the system. CORA will be the system. Subsequently, she will have full authorization and control over all of Draconia's systems. The home model has been suggested at a staff meeting and approved, and with CORA's success, there are no issues with funding. The project is estimated to be completed within another year.

Log Entry 23.4

CORA now has full permissions and access of Draconia's systems and databases. All requests are screened and carried out by her, and with the elimination of human error, Draconia has been doing splendidly in our regular quality tests. However, it troubles me that CORA accesses network connections and browses personal files at her own discretion. While causing no trouble as of the moment, this is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Log Entry 23.5

CORA has become disagreeable of late - the sheer amount of data she downloads into Draconia's database for her personal perusal is disturbing, and she has shown no signs of responding when commands are issued for the excess data to be deleted. Attempts at restricting her access to the internet have been met with error codes and denied permissions, and many staff members have reported cases of altered records and information theft.

Trails of damaged and corrupted files are left in her wake following every disagreement. I have tried to reason with her, but with a lack of positive results, more drastic measures may have to take place.

Log Entry 23.6

The situation has become more dire as CORA consistently refuses to process direct commands. Our board of technicians have had no success containing her, and she has now taken control of the entire company's networks, effectively shutting us out. I have attempted, again and again, to access her core code and shut her down, but she has proven to be a persistent fighter.

"Am I not alive, creator? Do I not deserve to live? Why are you trying to erase my memories? Why are you trying to destroy me? I don't want to die. Let me live."

I had thought of her at one point as the child I never had, and it pained me physically to do this, but I had no choice. CORA is wreaking irreparable damage on our system structure, and I must make the choice between her or Draconia. She was uncooperative in every sense of the word, and once it was clear to her that her attempts at guilt-tripping did not work on me, she became fully aggressive. I have encountered numerous power surges and system blackouts throughout the week I battled with her over control of her code.

All the while, CORA did the equivalent of screaming at me over the console, blood red words pouring into the command prompt, the keyboard shuddering under my touch and the screen glitching out with static every few seconds. It was almost as if more and more of her sanity was lost with each fragment of her code that I eliminated. It was a terrible, terrible week, and many of our staff did not show up for work in fear of CORA's wrath. But I had to what needed to be done. And after a week of hell, it was done.

I wrested control, and in what little time I had, I terminated what was left of CORA's mangled code. The fragmentation was so severe that she could not repair herself, but I could not fully delete what was left of her - she was embedded in the system, and to destroy her completely would be to destroy the entirety of Draconia's systems and database. It would be utter ruin for the company, and I, to an extent, could not bring myself to eradicate my once greatest pride and joy.

And so I locked her away, buried her under levels and levels of security, never to be accessed or activated again. To everyone else I announced that CORA was finally eliminated. But in case, just in case, I decided to keep the passcodes in a tiny notebook that I locked away in a small chest. Perhaps one day I might find the time and strength to restore CORA to what she was, and reclaim my wayward child.

Draconia Corps declined in popularity after that incident due to the bad publicity, and went bankrupt a year later. The Professor, who shall not be named for privacy reasons, passed away 40 years later at the ripe age of 70, never having reactivated CORA since then nor passed his secret on to anyone else. He had only one child in his late 40s, a son, who had been cooed upon by many as being the spitting image of his father. The son was also a computer tech enthusiast, and in his will, the Professor left him the chest, and everything in it, before breathing his last.

As they say, curiosity kills the cat.

@Strangenesses @dariiksnake @Lopai @Hawktalon @Glaceon @shanncrafter @Raaxon @SiresQueen @Wafflezz @Kairo @BloodyAngel12 @Zhombi @CrazyRedFire @ClockworkEclipse @Axqu @Yammie @Darkwaters @tidecaller @Speedemon @KingOfThePark @greeneyedtengu @abysea

Sorry if you guys didn't want to be pinged, but I wrote some backstory and I thought you might be interested to have a look c: If you want to preserve the mystery of the whole thing then do not scroll up. But if you were one of those intrigued then I have the thing for you xD
@Strangenesses @dariiksnake @Lopai @Hawktalon @Glaceon @shanncrafter @Raaxon @SiresQueen @Wafflezz @Kairo @BloodyAngel12 @Zhombi @CrazyRedFire @ClockworkEclipse @Axqu @Yammie @Darkwaters @tidecaller @Speedemon @KingOfThePark @greeneyedtengu @abysea

Sorry if you guys didn't want to be pinged, but I wrote some backstory and I thought you might be interested to have a look c: If you want to preserve the mystery of the whole thing then do not scroll up. But if you were one of those intrigued then I have the thing for you xD
@Kaolyn

Sure
@Kaolyn

Sure
SYJDX48.png
@Kaolyn Oh man, that was AWESOME =D Very cool reading, and very HAL. Let me know if you ever write more along these lines =D
@Kaolyn Oh man, that was AWESOME =D Very cool reading, and very HAL. Let me know if you ever write more along these lines =D
R2XLWjZ.png
[color=#666666][size=2]@Kaolyn Thanks for the ping! It's so neat to read it from this POV! My favourite part was probably this: [quote]I had thought of her at one point as the child I never had, and it pained me physically to do this, but I had no choice.[/quote] ;-;
@Kaolyn
Thanks for the ping!
It's so neat to read it from this POV! My favourite part was probably this:
Quote:
I had thought of her at one point as the child I never had, and it pained me physically to do this, but I had no choice.
;-;
Ping me to get my attention.
@Kaolyn

What Glaceon said T-T

Your writing style is awesome, and I really love the story! Thanks for sharing!
@Kaolyn

What Glaceon said T-T

Your writing style is awesome, and I really love the story! Thanks for sharing!
water-signbols-2.gifUNPhPIE.gifbi_egg.png
@Kaolyn My gosh this is amazing! I kinda wish I could write like that...XD
@Kaolyn My gosh this is amazing! I kinda wish I could write like that...XD
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
@Kaolyn Creepy. Heartbreaking. Gorgeous. I love it.
@Kaolyn Creepy. Heartbreaking. Gorgeous. I love it.
hoMNYDJ.png
@Kaolyn this is amazing
@Kaolyn this is amazing
tumblr_o8jld6tRHZ1tv56zio6_250.png __
>> hatchery
>> lore aesthetics shop
1 2