Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Canis Lupus Subspecies - Creative Hub
1 2
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/1540322/1][IMG]http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr99/Crescentstar711/Canis%20Lupus%20Tundras%20Banner.png[/IMG][/url] [font=indie flower][size=7][b]Creative Hub[/b][/size][/font] [i]A silvery Canis Lupus Tundra gazes into the distance, pausing a moment before turning to you with bright, piercing eyes.[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14983650] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/149837/14983650_350.png[/img] [/url] "Welcome to the Canis Lupus Creative Hub! During our festivals, it is custom to share each other's culture through poetry, music, and art. Use this thread to post any of your creations featuring our emerging subspecies. Those that contribute to this hub have the opportunity to earn free tickets for our [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/1721888]raffle[/url]. Please be kind to others and their work. It is a place to share and enjoy - not to destroy or insult. Thank you."
Canis%20Lupus%20Tundras%20Banner.png

Creative Hub

A silvery Canis Lupus Tundra gazes into the distance, pausing a moment before turning to you with bright, piercing eyes.

14983650_350.png

"Welcome to the Canis Lupus Creative Hub! During our festivals, it is custom to share each other's culture through poetry, music, and art. Use this thread to post any of your creations featuring our emerging subspecies. Those that contribute to this hub have the opportunity to earn free tickets for our raffle. Please be kind to others and their work. It is a place to share and enjoy - not to destroy or insult. Thank you."
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
FujJNYK.pngimage.pngimage.pngs16_book.pngimage.pngo290-d04-Crescentstar711.pngo484-d01-Crescentstar711.png222.pngl15_book.pngl19_01_book.pngrzj2jMv.png
If we have enough postings, we will then open the floor up to a vote by the Canis Lupus Tundra owners and award the winners special prizes...

for Best Writer and for Best Artist!!!

If there happens to be enough music submissions, I'll try to find an additional prize to incorporate. =D
If we have enough postings, we will then open the floor up to a vote by the Canis Lupus Tundra owners and award the winners special prizes...

for Best Writer and for Best Artist!!!

If there happens to be enough music submissions, I'll try to find an additional prize to incorporate. =D
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
FujJNYK.pngimage.pngimage.pngs16_book.pngimage.pngo290-d04-Crescentstar711.pngo484-d01-Crescentstar711.png222.pngl15_book.pngl19_01_book.pngrzj2jMv.png
@Crescentstar711

Oh how it stings to walk here alone
On a barren, hopeless stretch of ground
The dirt as pale, as white as old bone
And nothing but the wind all around

You move on through lands you cannot claim
Hear the constant whispers of the dark
But nothing is ever quite the same
As your brethren’s keening, howling bark

Your voice, it carves a wavering tune
Leaving your mark on the starlit sky
Howling for the distant, shifting moon
Your ears always pricked for a reply

It’s nothing, nothing but the cold breeze
Singing in your ears and through your mane
The sound just a hopeless, constant tease
That threatens to drive your mind insane

You must keep on trudging ever on
Until your paw pads are slick and worn
You need the comfort that feels long gone
Leaving your spirit tattered and torn

All you do is keep moving along
Someday you will hear it, clear and bright
Silver throats raising a silver song
To greet that velvet, welcoming night
@Crescentstar711

Oh how it stings to walk here alone
On a barren, hopeless stretch of ground
The dirt as pale, as white as old bone
And nothing but the wind all around

You move on through lands you cannot claim
Hear the constant whispers of the dark
But nothing is ever quite the same
As your brethren’s keening, howling bark

Your voice, it carves a wavering tune
Leaving your mark on the starlit sky
Howling for the distant, shifting moon
Your ears always pricked for a reply

It’s nothing, nothing but the cold breeze
Singing in your ears and through your mane
The sound just a hopeless, constant tease
That threatens to drive your mind insane

You must keep on trudging ever on
Until your paw pads are slick and worn
You need the comfort that feels long gone
Leaving your spirit tattered and torn

All you do is keep moving along
Someday you will hear it, clear and bright
Silver throats raising a silver song
To greet that velvet, welcoming night
@SkyLarK
Simply beautiful! I will certainly add tickets to the spreadsheet for your beautiful poem here!
@SkyLarK
Simply beautiful! I will certainly add tickets to the spreadsheet for your beautiful poem here!
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
@Crescentstar711
Swift stepped out into the darkness.
Or, rather, what would be perceived as darkness. To the silvery tundra, it was still bright as day. Her glassy eyes turned to a spot before her.
Abandoned, unwanted, neglected. A curse.
Because that's what she was.
Treated with utmost care and bathed in love until the moment she opened her eyes. Swift was a beautiful lie. That's what her grandmother, the only dragon to see her behind those unseeing eyes, told her.
But to all others, she was just a curse. Cursed with icy eyes.
She was the destruction of her clan.
Her parents hated her.
Hated her for something that he had no control over.
The day Swift was hatched, the leader of their clan died. The day when she became an apprentice, a mysterious disease began to spread within the tribe. It was horrible; the called it the Frost. Dragons would begin by feeling unusually cold. The chill would then affect their extremities, almost like severe frostbite. But frostbite didn't leave hatchlings wailing in pain, didn't leave elders writhing in the snow.
Swift was immune.
Naturally, her clan blamed her.
They wanted a sacrifice, a sacrifice to the Icewarden. Maybe, just maybe, it would stop the spread of the contagion.
They chained her up in a cave.
For days, Swift thought of what death would feel like. It wasn't the hunger that bothered her. The freezing temperatures had slowed her metabolism down so much that it would take weeks for her to succumb to starvation. Nor was it the darkness.
It was the feeling of utter loneliness.
The cries and shouts of pain echoed through the dank cave, magnified like Swift was stuck in an endless pit. Blood streamed from the entrance, pooling around her feet like a haze of crimson fog.
Over the course of several days, the wails subsided, until silence swamped Swift's prison. There was only one explanation.
Her clanmates had died.
Every last one of them.
They left him in shackles.
Swift hung from the wall, heavy bludgeons on her neck, blood crusted limbs pinned behind her. The pain was great; so much so that her legs became numb. The lack of blood circulation rendered them immobile. Swift closed her useless eyes.
He found her.
A soft voice awakened her from her endless sleep. Swift was on the ground, wounds dressed with herbs and scrappy leaves. His voice was sheepish, she could smell blood. The stranger had brought food.
But it was meat.
So it be.
The tundra finished it ravenously, not caring about the unusual and taste. He too was an outcast, pelt too bright for a shadow dragon. But to her, he was perfect.
He saw past her eyes, saw the spirit she truly was.
Her mask had fallen; she was head over heels.
He said he saw a pair of blood red eyes. Swift didn't believe him at first.
Didn't believe him until it was too late.
The dull thud of a body on snow.
She pleaded, but the dragon wouldn't spare her.
Spare her to join her beloved.
So now, every time Swift hears the full moon howls of other packs, she comes out of the den. Turning her face up, in the direction of the stars.
In the direction where he now sleeps.

A quick sketch:
canis%20lupus%20tundra%20one_zpsotwsik0d.png

Also, this is probably the wrong place to ask, but where can I be placed on a pinglist? I think this subspecies is amazing!
@Crescentstar711
Swift stepped out into the darkness.
Or, rather, what would be perceived as darkness. To the silvery tundra, it was still bright as day. Her glassy eyes turned to a spot before her.
Abandoned, unwanted, neglected. A curse.
Because that's what she was.
Treated with utmost care and bathed in love until the moment she opened her eyes. Swift was a beautiful lie. That's what her grandmother, the only dragon to see her behind those unseeing eyes, told her.
But to all others, she was just a curse. Cursed with icy eyes.
She was the destruction of her clan.
Her parents hated her.
Hated her for something that he had no control over.
The day Swift was hatched, the leader of their clan died. The day when she became an apprentice, a mysterious disease began to spread within the tribe. It was horrible; the called it the Frost. Dragons would begin by feeling unusually cold. The chill would then affect their extremities, almost like severe frostbite. But frostbite didn't leave hatchlings wailing in pain, didn't leave elders writhing in the snow.
Swift was immune.
Naturally, her clan blamed her.
They wanted a sacrifice, a sacrifice to the Icewarden. Maybe, just maybe, it would stop the spread of the contagion.
They chained her up in a cave.
For days, Swift thought of what death would feel like. It wasn't the hunger that bothered her. The freezing temperatures had slowed her metabolism down so much that it would take weeks for her to succumb to starvation. Nor was it the darkness.
It was the feeling of utter loneliness.
The cries and shouts of pain echoed through the dank cave, magnified like Swift was stuck in an endless pit. Blood streamed from the entrance, pooling around her feet like a haze of crimson fog.
Over the course of several days, the wails subsided, until silence swamped Swift's prison. There was only one explanation.
Her clanmates had died.
Every last one of them.
They left him in shackles.
Swift hung from the wall, heavy bludgeons on her neck, blood crusted limbs pinned behind her. The pain was great; so much so that her legs became numb. The lack of blood circulation rendered them immobile. Swift closed her useless eyes.
He found her.
A soft voice awakened her from her endless sleep. Swift was on the ground, wounds dressed with herbs and scrappy leaves. His voice was sheepish, she could smell blood. The stranger had brought food.
But it was meat.
So it be.
The tundra finished it ravenously, not caring about the unusual and taste. He too was an outcast, pelt too bright for a shadow dragon. But to her, he was perfect.
He saw past her eyes, saw the spirit she truly was.
Her mask had fallen; she was head over heels.
He said he saw a pair of blood red eyes. Swift didn't believe him at first.
Didn't believe him until it was too late.
The dull thud of a body on snow.
She pleaded, but the dragon wouldn't spare her.
Spare her to join her beloved.
So now, every time Swift hears the full moon howls of other packs, she comes out of the den. Turning her face up, in the direction of the stars.
In the direction where he now sleeps.

A quick sketch:
canis%20lupus%20tundra%20one_zpsotwsik0d.png

Also, this is probably the wrong place to ask, but where can I be placed on a pinglist? I think this subspecies is amazing!
@whippet44
Love the story and the accompanying art! I will add 10 tickets to the spreadsheet for your wonderful work! I can totally put you on the pinglist for the lore and hatchery. =D
@whippet44
Love the story and the accompanying art! I will add 10 tickets to the spreadsheet for your wonderful work! I can totally put you on the pinglist for the lore and hatchery. =D
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
@Crescentstar711 Something stirs in the dark, golden eyes flash. The rabbit raises its head, clover still clutched in its mouth. It's ear twitches. Then the tundra pounces. It's al over in a few quick seconds. The neck is snapped. No blood. The rabbits lifeless body is deposited in a pouch at his waste. That should be enough. Food is scarce in winter and it's the hunters job to care for the clan in times of need. He begins to lope across the cold,hard ground. Wind catching it's icy claws in his ruff. He pauses, a small, purple flower sticks it's brave head out of the frozen ground. A lupine flower, the honored flower of his clan. He bends down, plucking it from the frozen earth. A gift of hope. As the fridged wind whips outside, he waits for shelter among the large rocks. From there he enters a cave. He is miles from his pack. Miles from his home. Miles from salvation. He contemplates the flower in a moment, holding it gently between his huge laws before tucking it into his pouch. He pulls out a rabbit, body scrawny from winter and bites into it. He feels guilty from taking food from his clan, but he must make sacrifices if his clan is to live. Falling into a fitful sleep, he awakes much to soon, in order to bring sustenance to his clan, and a flower of hope to his beloved. Finish [img]http://i.imgur.com/seX4gRT.png[/img] just a sketch!
@Crescentstar711
Something stirs in the dark, golden eyes flash. The rabbit raises its head, clover still clutched in its mouth. It's ear twitches. Then the tundra pounces. It's al over in a few quick seconds. The neck is snapped. No blood. The rabbits lifeless body is deposited in a pouch at his waste. That should be enough. Food is scarce in winter and it's the hunters job to care for the clan in times of need. He begins to lope across the cold,hard ground. Wind catching it's icy claws in his ruff. He pauses, a small, purple flower sticks it's brave head out of the frozen ground. A lupine flower, the honored flower of his clan. He bends down, plucking it from the frozen earth. A gift of hope. As the fridged wind whips outside, he waits for shelter among the large rocks. From there he enters a cave. He is miles from his pack. Miles from his home. Miles from salvation. He contemplates the flower in a moment, holding it gently between his huge laws before tucking it into his pouch. He pulls out a rabbit, body scrawny from winter and bites into it. He feels guilty from taking food from his clan, but he must make sacrifices if his clan is to live. Falling into a fitful sleep, he awakes much to soon, in order to bring sustenance to his clan, and a flower of hope to his beloved.
Finish
seX4gRT.png just a sketch!
ZzHMFvW.pngxtBt3oa.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvNuEX1r2ao8y_540.png
@WillowThorn
I love the art that you shared! Cool short story too! I've added bonus tickets to the spreadsheet for it. Have a wonderful day! =D
@WillowThorn
I love the art that you shared! Cool short story too! I've added bonus tickets to the spreadsheet for it. Have a wonderful day! =D
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
Thank you! @Crescentstar711
Thank you! @Crescentstar711
When will these prizes be anounced? @Crescentstar711
When will these prizes be anounced? @Crescentstar711
1 2