Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Human Deities High School AU
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
[Okay tottaly unrelated but the similarities I have with Windsinger in this AU are too much. Same birthday, Orientation, and I am also very tall (5'8"). I've kinda been wanting to join Srcane for a while, too *wink*]
[Okay tottaly unrelated but the similarities I have with Windsinger in this AU are too much. Same birthday, Orientation, and I am also very tall (5'8"). I've kinda been wanting to join Srcane for a while, too *wink*]
@Ayreria
Thanks for answering that for me! Could you please answer my first question though? I don't mind seeing spoilers.
As for Nature and Light, I think of the two flights being on good terms with each other. My clan is very friendly with Light, because I know some nice people in Light (like you!) and I love the Lightweaver's design and Light's values. After all, plants need sunshine to grow! It makes sense for Gladekeeper and Lightweaver to be friends.
@Ayreria
Thanks for answering that for me! Could you please answer my first question though? I don't mind seeing spoilers.
As for Nature and Light, I think of the two flights being on good terms with each other. My clan is very friendly with Light, because I know some nice people in Light (like you!) and I love the Lightweaver's design and Light's values. After all, plants need sunshine to grow! It makes sense for Gladekeeper and Lightweaver to be friends.
Quetzal - 22 - Any Pronouns - Autistic - GLaDOS fan- Sci-Fi Artist and Writer
@Ayreria Moved to the Creative Corner! :)
@Ayreria Moved to the Creative Corner! :)
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@ImaginationSoars
Congratulations, you may just be the Windsinger. Go out and gather a party to support your cause, then stop at a friend's house and mooch off their food :D

@QuetzalQueen
There's too much to explain since the turnaround is kinda complex and links itself to other events, so I can't really tell without spoiling everything. Sorry about that! Just know that they they learn to be in the wrong :)

Glitters and Gladey do get to become closer friends later! They're both pretty sunny in character and have some similar interests (like cats), so they have a better friendship compared to other duos (and it's a good companion to Shady and Plague's friendship)
@ImaginationSoars
Congratulations, you may just be the Windsinger. Go out and gather a party to support your cause, then stop at a friend's house and mooch off their food :D

@QuetzalQueen
There's too much to explain since the turnaround is kinda complex and links itself to other events, so I can't really tell without spoiling everything. Sorry about that! Just know that they they learn to be in the wrong :)

Glitters and Gladey do get to become closer friends later! They're both pretty sunny in character and have some similar interests (like cats), so they have a better friendship compared to other duos (and it's a good companion to Shady and Plague's friendship)
xR7ErnV.pngW6y8rmh.pngNr0CWta.png
@Ayreria
Ooooooooh, that sounds exciting. Whatever you are foreshadowing! What do you mean by 'get in the wrong' though?
So, have you actually written this turnaround part yet? Or are you yet to write it? I like to ask lots of questions like the Arcanist
Also, is your story suitable for a fourteen year old? It is important for me to know.

@Ayreria
Ooooooooh, that sounds exciting. Whatever you are foreshadowing! What do you mean by 'get in the wrong' though?
So, have you actually written this turnaround part yet? Or are you yet to write it? I like to ask lots of questions like the Arcanist
Also, is your story suitable for a fourteen year old? It is important for me to know.

@Ayreria
I am going to post some headcanons of mine too! Let me know what you think of them.
Do you like Harry Potter? I'm a fan and I have considered what houses the characters would be in if they went to Hogwarts. Or more likely just took the Pottermore Sorting Hat quiz. I apologize if you are not interested in Harry Potter, but I thought this thread would be good to post my thoughts on the AU.
Gladekeeper: Hufflepuff, yeah! I am a Hufflepuff too and it pleases me to think Gladey is in the same house as me.
She is not your average Hufflepuff, definitely. She is like Tonks in being different. She is chatty and wild like a Gryffindor, but I think her 'Puff friendliness and caring nature override her 'Gryff traits. Gladey is a particularly adventurous and wild 'Puff.
Earthshaker: Definitely Hufflepuff too. He is more of your typical Hufflepuff-calm and loyal. Ok, I will admit that I do not ship Earthshaker/Gladekeepe, because my first ship as a newbie was Windsinger/Gladekeeper and I do not think anyone can change my opinion on that now. However, I have respect for your ship. I can see why you put them together.
Lightweaver: She's all 'Claw. Bookish, smart, a bit socially awkward, and brutally honest. Yeah.
Stormcatcher: He's a 'Slytherclaw!' Like Harry, I reckon that the Sorting Hat would want to sort him into Slytherin, with his bossy, cunning and ambitious traits, but he wants to be in Ravenclaw himself, and he ends up in that house. His Ravenclaw traits of being smart and interested in science override his Slytherin ones. I wonder how he would feel about sharing a house with Lightweaver and the Arcanist!
Arcanist: A very different type of 'Claw to Lightweaver. I think that Lightweaver is like Hermione, and the Arcanist is like Luna Lovegood in some aspects. While Light is logical and rigid, the Arcanist is 'likely to believe 10 impossible things before breakfast' (as J.K Rowling said about Luna.)
Gryffindors
Plaguebringer: OK, I used to think that Plague was a Slytherin, but now I think she is more of a 'Gryff. I do not know much about her personality, but I feel like her traits of being bold, fierce and good at fighting suit Gryffindor.
Windsinger: I also previously thought he was a Hufflepuff but after further consideration I think he is not. Outgoing, exuberant, attention-seeking-very 'Gryff.
Flamecaller: Competitive, loud, bold- the most Gryffindor-ish of them all.
Icewarden: Definitely a 'Slyth. He is the polar opposite of Flamecaller-cold, calculating, and dislikes company.
Shadowbinder: Also quite the Slytherin! A very good trickster and liar, and likes teasing people.
Tidelord: Slytherin because the water element is associated with that house, and he is mysterious, keeping knowledge to himself.
@Ayreria
I am going to post some headcanons of mine too! Let me know what you think of them.
Do you like Harry Potter? I'm a fan and I have considered what houses the characters would be in if they went to Hogwarts. Or more likely just took the Pottermore Sorting Hat quiz. I apologize if you are not interested in Harry Potter, but I thought this thread would be good to post my thoughts on the AU.
Gladekeeper: Hufflepuff, yeah! I am a Hufflepuff too and it pleases me to think Gladey is in the same house as me.
She is not your average Hufflepuff, definitely. She is like Tonks in being different. She is chatty and wild like a Gryffindor, but I think her 'Puff friendliness and caring nature override her 'Gryff traits. Gladey is a particularly adventurous and wild 'Puff.
Earthshaker: Definitely Hufflepuff too. He is more of your typical Hufflepuff-calm and loyal. Ok, I will admit that I do not ship Earthshaker/Gladekeepe, because my first ship as a newbie was Windsinger/Gladekeeper and I do not think anyone can change my opinion on that now. However, I have respect for your ship. I can see why you put them together.
Lightweaver: She's all 'Claw. Bookish, smart, a bit socially awkward, and brutally honest. Yeah.
Stormcatcher: He's a 'Slytherclaw!' Like Harry, I reckon that the Sorting Hat would want to sort him into Slytherin, with his bossy, cunning and ambitious traits, but he wants to be in Ravenclaw himself, and he ends up in that house. His Ravenclaw traits of being smart and interested in science override his Slytherin ones. I wonder how he would feel about sharing a house with Lightweaver and the Arcanist!
Arcanist: A very different type of 'Claw to Lightweaver. I think that Lightweaver is like Hermione, and the Arcanist is like Luna Lovegood in some aspects. While Light is logical and rigid, the Arcanist is 'likely to believe 10 impossible things before breakfast' (as J.K Rowling said about Luna.)
Gryffindors
Plaguebringer: OK, I used to think that Plague was a Slytherin, but now I think she is more of a 'Gryff. I do not know much about her personality, but I feel like her traits of being bold, fierce and good at fighting suit Gryffindor.
Windsinger: I also previously thought he was a Hufflepuff but after further consideration I think he is not. Outgoing, exuberant, attention-seeking-very 'Gryff.
Flamecaller: Competitive, loud, bold- the most Gryffindor-ish of them all.
Icewarden: Definitely a 'Slyth. He is the polar opposite of Flamecaller-cold, calculating, and dislikes company.
Shadowbinder: Also quite the Slytherin! A very good trickster and liar, and likes teasing people.
Tidelord: Slytherin because the water element is associated with that house, and he is mysterious, keeping knowledge to himself.
@QuetzalQueen
Writing has been really slow for me because of school and stuff owo;; I have, basically, the entire plot of How to Catch a Shooting Star planned out, I just haven't gotten the time and drive to write them (the first two chapters combined are 33k words if you haven't noticed)

We (me and Steex) had discussed a Hogwarts AU back when this AU had more activity! We have a spreadsheet with the deities' information here (I hope they don't mind me sharing) There are some differences between your stuff and over there. It also comes with wands and patronuses (patroni? what is latin)
@QuetzalQueen
Writing has been really slow for me because of school and stuff owo;; I have, basically, the entire plot of How to Catch a Shooting Star planned out, I just haven't gotten the time and drive to write them (the first two chapters combined are 33k words if you haven't noticed)

We (me and Steex) had discussed a Hogwarts AU back when this AU had more activity! We have a spreadsheet with the deities' information here (I hope they don't mind me sharing) There are some differences between your stuff and over there. It also comes with wands and patronuses (patroni? what is latin)
@Ayreria
Hmmmmmm, not sure about the spreadsheet. I can understand why you put Richard in Slytherin (yes, I am using their human names) and Lissa in Gryffindor, but I don't understand why Akira is in Slytherin or William in Hufflepuff. Akira seems like the ultimate Gryffindor to me.
I think what is going on here though is that I imagine the deities having personalities and acting differently from how you imagine them. But that's okay, because everyone's allowed to have their own unique of what they think the deities are like. It is similar to the phrase 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder.' (or more correctly, the brain.) I believe that Flight Rising is different to every person, and another person's mind is like another world.
@Ayreria
Hmmmmmm, not sure about the spreadsheet. I can understand why you put Richard in Slytherin (yes, I am using their human names) and Lissa in Gryffindor, but I don't understand why Akira is in Slytherin or William in Hufflepuff. Akira seems like the ultimate Gryffindor to me.
I think what is going on here though is that I imagine the deities having personalities and acting differently from how you imagine them. But that's okay, because everyone's allowed to have their own unique of what they think the deities are like. It is similar to the phrase 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder.' (or more correctly, the brain.) I believe that Flight Rising is different to every person, and another person's mind is like another world.
@QuetzalQueen
Personalities are developed over time and life, so how the deities act in the Fourth Age is actually pretty different than the First and Third Ages! I only cover things that happen in the Second and Fourth Ages (the Ages of Man), so your interpretations are probably more accurate with the currently times (Third). That's my excuse, anyways.

Akira got put into Slytherin because she's really ambitious, very loyal to her family, and knows her way around people! She's also very emotional, which can lead her to make some stupid choices, and, unlike some other people in the pantheon, isn't above lying to meet ends. She's not all that against being in Slytherin, but she honestly thinks she looks better in red and most people think she's fall under Gryffindor based on her attitude.

William is very unhappy he got Hufflepuff because they have a reputation of being softies. Which he is. Except he doesn't want people to know that. He's also hardworking, logical, and is respectful if but a bit reserved. He's also very loyal to his friends, which is a very small circle compared to other Hufflepuffs' since he's a loner like that. He also likes sneaking off to the kitchen for snacks.
@QuetzalQueen
Personalities are developed over time and life, so how the deities act in the Fourth Age is actually pretty different than the First and Third Ages! I only cover things that happen in the Second and Fourth Ages (the Ages of Man), so your interpretations are probably more accurate with the currently times (Third). That's my excuse, anyways.

Akira got put into Slytherin because she's really ambitious, very loyal to her family, and knows her way around people! She's also very emotional, which can lead her to make some stupid choices, and, unlike some other people in the pantheon, isn't above lying to meet ends. She's not all that against being in Slytherin, but she honestly thinks she looks better in red and most people think she's fall under Gryffindor based on her attitude.

William is very unhappy he got Hufflepuff because they have a reputation of being softies. Which he is. Except he doesn't want people to know that. He's also hardworking, logical, and is respectful if but a bit reserved. He's also very loyal to his friends, which is a very small circle compared to other Hufflepuffs' since he's a loner like that. He also likes sneaking off to the kitchen for snacks.
@Ayreria
I have a question. Lissa's personality seems very different from that of her dragon counterpart (Gladekeeper is introverted and caring to her flight but hostile to other flights. Also dangerous in a quiet kind of way.) I am not saying that I don't like your depiction of her (in fact, I like your take on Gladey's personality better than her canon one) but I would like to ask, did you change her personality on purpose? I do think her social, wild, cheery personality complements Earthshaker's kind, calm one better. It provides a good contrast.
Also, it is a shame that this thread dosen't get more attention. . .
@Ayreria
I have a question. Lissa's personality seems very different from that of her dragon counterpart (Gladekeeper is introverted and caring to her flight but hostile to other flights. Also dangerous in a quiet kind of way.) I am not saying that I don't like your depiction of her (in fact, I like your take on Gladey's personality better than her canon one) but I would like to ask, did you change her personality on purpose? I do think her social, wild, cheery personality complements Earthshaker's kind, calm one better. It provides a good contrast.
Also, it is a shame that this thread dosen't get more attention. . .
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12