Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Writing for Your Dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
[center][size=3][i]Status Bar: [/i] [s]Open and Taking Commissions! | Closed While I Finish Orders, Check Back Soon![/s] [b]Currently Taking Paid Commissions[/b][/size] [/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/3cVQqXR.jpg[/img][/center] [quote=Advertising their services, Skylark][b]ATTENTION:[/b] Are you interested in more than just a single piece of writing? Are you willing to make a paid commission? I am currently looking for a larger-scale project. I need to obtain [i]at least[/i] 250,000 treasure and 1700 gems for three separate gening projects! For this amount, I will sell [s]my soul[/s] my services to you for as long as it takes! If you're interested, please PM or ping me, and we can talk! If not, then read on ahead for the free writing. ;)[/quote] Hello All! The point of this thread is simple. To keep my writing skills sharp, I'm offering to write for other people's dragons absolutely free of charge! Examples of my writing can be found throughout this thread, and in the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=4416]bios of all of my dragons[/url]. [quote=Regarding procedure, Skylark] [b]I can:[/b] [LIST] [*]Write them a short-ish story! [*]Write a poem about them (it will be free verse, though!) [*]Write a 3-4 paragraph bio [i]upon request[/i] [/LIST] [b]All [i]you[/i] have to do is:[/b] [LIST] [*]Show me a picture of your dragon [*]Tell me a little bit about their personality (are they cranky, playful, stoic?) [*]Give me a few ideas if you can think of any (What do you want to happen? Playing with a pet? Meeting a friend? Note: please include personality for additional dragons) [/LIST] If your dragon doesn't have a set personality, or if you have no ideas, I'll just make something up![/quote] [quote=Adding extra information and answering questions, Skylark] [b]Notes:[/b] [LIST] [*]If I don't feel like I can display the character very well through a full story or I just inspired, I may write a poem. If you'd rather I stick with stories, then [i]add a little note[/i], please. [*]Tipping is appreciated but unnecessary. (However, if you happen to have some old apparel lying around, I always go for closet junk!) [*]YES, you can absolutely use these in bios. No sense in having a pretty piece of writing you can't even use, after all! Just make sure to add a credit to me wherever you post it, and we're all good! [*]Yes, you can request multiple dragons! However, if you request more than two, then I'd prefer some form of payment? I do put time and effort into each one. [/LIST][/quote] [quote=For a possible future writing shop, Skylark] If I get enough interest, I may eventually open a writing shop. If you'd like a ping if I do, just let me know and I'll add you here! [b]Pinglist:[/b] [LIST] [*]Iodine [/LIST] [/quote] If you read all of this, then good job! I really appreciate you taking the time. Thanks for taking a look, and let me see those dragons!
Status Bar:
Open and Taking Commissions! | Closed While I Finish Orders, Check Back Soon!
Currently Taking Paid Commissions

3cVQqXR.jpg

Advertising their services, Skylark wrote:
ATTENTION: Are you interested in more than just a single piece of writing? Are you willing to make a paid commission? I am currently looking for a larger-scale project. I need to obtain at least 250,000 treasure and 1700 gems for three separate gening projects! For this amount, I will sell my soul my services to you for as long as it takes! If you're interested, please PM or ping me, and we can talk! If not, then read on ahead for the free writing. ;)

Hello All!

The point of this thread is simple. To keep my writing skills sharp, I'm offering to write for other people's dragons absolutely free of charge! Examples of my writing can be found throughout this thread, and in the bios of all of my dragons.

Regarding procedure, Skylark wrote:
I can:
  • Write them a short-ish story!
  • Write a poem about them (it will be free verse, though!)
  • Write a 3-4 paragraph bio upon request

All you have to do is:
  • Show me a picture of your dragon
  • Tell me a little bit about their personality (are they cranky, playful, stoic?)
  • Give me a few ideas if you can think of any (What do you want to happen? Playing with a pet? Meeting a friend? Note: please include personality for additional dragons)

If your dragon doesn't have a set personality, or if you have no ideas, I'll just make something up!
Adding extra information and answering questions, Skylark wrote:
Notes:
  • If I don't feel like I can display the character very well through a full story or I just inspired, I may write a poem. If you'd rather I stick with stories, then add a little note, please.
  • Tipping is appreciated but unnecessary. (However, if you happen to have some old apparel lying around, I always go for closet junk!)
  • YES, you can absolutely use these in bios. No sense in having a pretty piece of writing you can't even use, after all! Just make sure to add a credit to me wherever you post it, and we're all good!
  • Yes, you can request multiple dragons! However, if you request more than two, then I'd prefer some form of payment? I do put time and effort into each one.
For a possible future writing shop, Skylark wrote:
If I get enough interest, I may eventually open a writing shop. If you'd like a ping if I do, just let me know and I'll add you here!

Pinglist:
  • Iodine

If you read all of this, then good job! I really appreciate you taking the time. Thanks for taking a look, and let me see those dragons!
@SkyLarK [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/102365/10236416_350.png[/img] This is my dragon, Hotmess :D He's a bit insecure with how he looks and can be shy around strangers, but once he knows you...oh gosh he becomes a chatterbox.
@SkyLarK

10236416_350.png

This is my dragon, Hotmess :D

He's a bit insecure with how he looks and can be shy around strangers, but once he knows you...oh gosh he becomes a chatterbox.

tumblr_inline_nrcly5hrIa1rqs5u6_500.gifIPA4Zfl.png021_zpswugdkw7b.png
@Furdonkadonk

Well he sure is colorful! Do you have any ideas for a story/poem for him? Or a preference either way?
@Furdonkadonk

Well he sure is colorful! Do you have any ideas for a story/poem for him? Or a preference either way?
@SkyLarK Maybe a story about how he met his mate; she's a pretty tundra named Waffles :D [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/92455/9245470_350.png[/img]
@SkyLarK

Maybe a story about how he met his mate; she's a pretty tundra named Waffles :D

9245470_350.png
[center]@SkyLarK ----------------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16164702] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/161648/16164702_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] A short story perhaps? He's korean looking (Once I draw up his gijinka, if thats important at all), and he is a choreographer and singer. He's one of the more well -known top performers in his faction, and his mate is [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=132480&tab=dragon&did=10153901][color=green]this lass[/color][/url]. He's reserved, doesn't engage in conversation often, but friendly and ambitious. He is serious more often than he is easy going. He does have a habit of keeping a slight winter breeze around himself, especially when preforming. The thing is, I have not thought up a backstory for him. Why he wanted to become a performer for the Hymn Turbulence or how he met his mate. So I want to see if you would like to wip up a possible idea, of course doesn't have to be anything big. Thank you! ^-^

A short story perhaps?
He's korean looking (Once I draw up his gijinka, if thats important at all), and he is a choreographer and singer. He's one of the more well -known top performers in his faction, and his mate is this lass. He's reserved, doesn't engage in conversation often, but friendly and ambitious. He is serious more often than he is easy going. He does have a habit of keeping a slight winter breeze around himself, especially when preforming.

The thing is, I have not thought up a backstory for him. Why he wanted to become a performer for the Hymn Turbulence or how he met his mate. So I want to see if you would like to wip up a possible idea, of course doesn't have to be anything big.

Thank you! ^-^
5hF3FGk.png
WQA384m.png
NOP5viO.png
rix3ppo.png
xYQkuHQ.png
dEo6ta2.png
@HeavensAxis, could you tell me a little bit about the Hymn Turbulence and his mate, Dreamscape? @Furdonkadonk, How is this? [quote=For Hotmess and Waffles, Skylark]Hotmess puffed up his orange-toned chest, picking his claws up high as he pranced around the stump. His head bobbed aggressively as he circled, baring his teeth at it. “You’re going down, tree!” He barked loudly, lashing his tail. “You made the mistake of messing with the wrong dragon!” As if to prove his point, he struck out with one of his striped pink forepaws, connecting with the bark and leaving four deep gashes. The rest of the stump was littered with clawmarks from the male mirror dragon’s enthusiastic war dance. He was so in tune with his ritual that he did not even notice the slim she-dragon that had been watching him curiously for the last several minutes. She pricked her ears forward, her pale green eyes fixed on his elaborate maneuvers. “You calling me ugly!?” Hotmess growled as he leaped forward, both claws outstretched to land another blow. The following battlecry came off as more of a yelp as he overshot his mark, tumbling over the stump and landing in a disorganized heap of limbs at the tundra’s furry paws. She tipped her head, a smile spreading across her muzzle. “You know, I don’t think it did.” Hotmess scrabbled to his feet, a blush rising rapidly into his face. Her eyes followed him as he struggled to get his limbs coordinated underneath himself again. He tried to stutter out some form of explanation, but stopped short once he realized she was [i]laughing[/i]. His skin flushed pink, the intense confusion and embarrassment overriding his usual timidity when meeting new dragons. “W-why are you laughing at me!” Hotmess demanded of the she-dragon, his nose crinkling grouchily. Her brows furrowed above her eyes as she calmed, realizing her laughter had upset him. “Because you’re kinda funny.” She smiled wide, the tip of her tongue peeking out between her teeth. Out of all the things Hotmess had expected her to say, that was not one of them. He spluttered, trying to find some way to respond to the fluffy dragoness. “Oh.” Was all he could come up with, his claws shuffling in the dirt. She laughed lightly, her delicate voice tinkling like windchimes. “My name is Waffles, by the way.” She told him, her head tilting slightly as she glanced over him. “I’m Hotmess.” He mumbled, completely unsure of what to do with this tundra. It was one of those rare times when the male mirror dragon found himself well and truly speechless. “You know, I think I like you,” Waffles pronounced, her head held at an angle as she watched for his response. “But -- Why?” Hotmess asked, his expression twisting into one of true bewilderment. “Because you’re cute.” Waffles smiled at him in a way that made him believe her wholeheartedly. That, he realized slowly, was the first time anyone had called him that. Hotmess offered the pretty little tundra a bashful smile in return. [/quote]
@HeavensAxis, could you tell me a little bit about the Hymn Turbulence and his mate, Dreamscape?

@Furdonkadonk, How is this?
For Hotmess and Waffles, Skylark wrote:
Hotmess puffed up his orange-toned chest, picking his claws up high as he pranced around the stump. His head bobbed aggressively as he circled, baring his teeth at it. “You’re going down, tree!” He barked loudly, lashing his tail. “You made the mistake of messing with the wrong dragon!” As if to prove his point, he struck out with one of his striped pink forepaws, connecting with the bark and leaving four deep gashes. The rest of the stump was littered with clawmarks from the male mirror dragon’s enthusiastic war dance.

He was so in tune with his ritual that he did not even notice the slim she-dragon that had been watching him curiously for the last several minutes. She pricked her ears forward, her pale green eyes fixed on his elaborate maneuvers. “You calling me ugly!?” Hotmess growled as he leaped forward, both claws outstretched to land another blow. The following battlecry came off as more of a yelp as he overshot his mark, tumbling over the stump and landing in a disorganized heap of limbs at the tundra’s furry paws.

She tipped her head, a smile spreading across her muzzle. “You know, I don’t think it did.” Hotmess scrabbled to his feet, a blush rising rapidly into his face. Her eyes followed him as he struggled to get his limbs coordinated underneath himself again.

He tried to stutter out some form of explanation, but stopped short once he realized she was laughing. His skin flushed pink, the intense confusion and embarrassment overriding his usual timidity when meeting new dragons. “W-why are you laughing at me!” Hotmess demanded of the she-dragon, his nose crinkling grouchily.

Her brows furrowed above her eyes as she calmed, realizing her laughter had upset him. “Because you’re kinda funny.” She smiled wide, the tip of her tongue peeking out between her teeth.

Out of all the things Hotmess had expected her to say, that was not one of them. He spluttered, trying to find some way to respond to the fluffy dragoness. “Oh.” Was all he could come up with, his claws shuffling in the dirt. She laughed lightly, her delicate voice tinkling like windchimes.

“My name is Waffles, by the way.” She told him, her head tilting slightly as she glanced over him.

“I’m Hotmess.” He mumbled, completely unsure of what to do with this tundra. It was one of those rare times when the male mirror dragon found himself well and truly speechless.

“You know, I think I like you,” Waffles pronounced, her head held at an angle as she watched for his response.

“But -- Why?” Hotmess asked, his expression twisting into one of true bewilderment.

“Because you’re cute.” Waffles smiled at him in a way that made him believe her wholeheartedly. That, he realized slowly, was the first time anyone had called him that. Hotmess offered the pretty little tundra a bashful smile in return.
@SkyLarK

Oh my god!

Amazing!

I wanna cry; this story is so cute and very well written ;3;

Would it be okay if I add this story to Waffles bio? I'll make sure to credit you :D
@SkyLarK

Oh my god!

Amazing!

I wanna cry; this story is so cute and very well written ;3;

Would it be okay if I add this story to Waffles bio? I'll make sure to credit you :D
@Furdonkadonk, I'm glad you like it! And go for it! As long as you credit me, I have no problem with that. =)
@Furdonkadonk, I'm glad you like it! And go for it! As long as you credit me, I have no problem with that. =)
@skylark

Mmk, will need to dive into my clan lore a bit.
The Hymn Turbulence is one of five factions, which are all joined together and called the Axis Alliance. For the HT, it's a place where life is all about partying. Music, dancing, games, parades, all sorts of things like that are everywhere. This faction is purely based on entertainment, for both locals and guests.

Does that suffice?

And his mate, she used to live in the Eternal Recondite (another faction) which is essentially a spirit world like area. She's mated before but decided that mate wasn't for her and she met our guy while on patrol, and long story short moved in with him and became mates.
She's also reserved, tremendously friendly and forgiving, but still has an aurora around her that calls for respect. She's had no difficulties in her lifetime. Grew up and raised normally.

Is that good? (:
@skylark

Mmk, will need to dive into my clan lore a bit.
The Hymn Turbulence is one of five factions, which are all joined together and called the Axis Alliance. For the HT, it's a place where life is all about partying. Music, dancing, games, parades, all sorts of things like that are everywhere. This faction is purely based on entertainment, for both locals and guests.

Does that suffice?

And his mate, she used to live in the Eternal Recondite (another faction) which is essentially a spirit world like area. She's mated before but decided that mate wasn't for her and she met our guy while on patrol, and long story short moved in with him and became mates.
She's also reserved, tremendously friendly and forgiving, but still has an aurora around her that calls for respect. She's had no difficulties in her lifetime. Grew up and raised normally.

Is that good? (:
5hF3FGk.png
WQA384m.png
NOP5viO.png
rix3ppo.png
xYQkuHQ.png
dEo6ta2.png
[quote=For @HeavensAxis, Skylark]Soonghyun inhales cool air through his nose, centering his weight over his hind paws. Exhaling deeply, he arcs his back farther and farther until he nearly forms a loop with his serpentine body. Taking his weight onto his forepaws, he turns a backward somersault, the movements marked by a high level of control. Onto his hindpaws. He stretches high, taking two steps on his hind feet, his lithe body twisting. Far away, movement catches the attention of a skydancer. She patrols the borders of the factions’ lands. She is assigned the task of keeping them safe. But it is not danger that her eyes catch. It is a lone imperial. His movements quicken; he leaps, landing silently on the packed earth with the grace of a cat. The ground is worn beneath his paws, compacted by hundreds of practices. It is the only way he knows to relieve the tension in his muscles, to relax the stiff wires of his nerves. Another two steps. Slowly, the stretches become a dance. Dreamscape watches him, her gaze captivated by his slender body. He moves in a ritualized way, a way that speaks to her. She creeps closer, curiosity drawing her in. He leaps once more, his forepaws touching a split second before his hind paws. He does not pause, shifting into the next maneuver easily. Rising up, he pirouettes, outstretching his clawed toes to come to a stop. A split second marks the transition as he leaps, his forepaws taking his weight, his muscles corded with strength. She stands in awe, just out of his sight. Even among the dancers she has seen, none compare to this imperial. They dance with their bodies. He dances with his soul. Faster and faster. He spins wildly, his feet drumming a tattoo into the earth. Perfectly controlled, he dances with the elegance of one born for it. Snowflakes flicker into existence, accentuating the lithe movements of his wiry body. They race along his sides, winking away as they touch his scales. Sweat rolls down between his wings. Faster. The snowflakes drift off and around her, tickling her hide. She shivers, not from the cold, but from the wonder of the performance. It makes chills race down her spine. Her feathers prickle with the force of them. His body carries the power of a landscape. His limbs are trees, bending in the force of a wind he creates for himself. His back is an avalanche, falling upon itself only to swing away at the last moment. Dancing beneath the sun, he is wild, twisting and bending like a river. The wind whistles past his ears and into his lungs, melting tiny snowflakes on his tongue. Her heart throbs in her chest. She is lost watching the surging power of his form. His feet create a music for her body to sway to. His dance comes into a crescendo, his paws quickening in tempo. He leaps, he twists, he arches, making the ground his own. Snowflakes ripple down his form, a pale blizzard twining around his wings. He moves with an unmatched energy, cascading over the ground in a flurry of pawprints. His body blurs around the edges, moving so quickly that her eyes can barely follow. In a final, downward motion, he drops, one wing held out. He is a living statue turned stone once more, the snowflakes dancing like an echo of his power. They drift to the ground, and his dance is finished. His eyes open sharply, glancing up to find the lone watcher. They pin the skydancer, alarm held within their cold depths. His jaws open into the harbinger of a roar, one that says she has no place here. She watches him with her entire self, her body as frozen as one of his snowflakes. It stops him. In that moment, he sees the reverence in her gaze, her brilliant eyes drinking in his energy. It binds his jaws and quiets the roar in his throat. He is proud of the effect he has. Though the thought shocks him, he wants her to see him dance once more. It will be long before he discovers his talent for singing, and longer still before he performs for a true audience. But for now, he has found his purpose. He has found someone to dance for.[/quote]
For @HeavensAxis, Skylark wrote:
Soonghyun inhales cool air through his nose, centering his weight over his hind paws. Exhaling deeply, he arcs his back farther and farther until he nearly forms a loop with his serpentine body. Taking his weight onto his forepaws, he turns a backward somersault, the movements marked by a high level of control. Onto his hindpaws. He stretches high, taking two steps on his hind feet, his lithe body twisting.

Far away, movement catches the attention of a skydancer. She patrols the borders of the factions’ lands. She is assigned the task of keeping them safe. But it is not danger that her eyes catch. It is a lone imperial.

His movements quicken; he leaps, landing silently on the packed earth with the grace of a cat. The ground is worn beneath his paws, compacted by hundreds of practices. It is the only way he knows to relieve the tension in his muscles, to relax the stiff wires of his nerves. Another two steps. Slowly, the stretches become a dance.

Dreamscape watches him, her gaze captivated by his slender body. He moves in a ritualized way, a way that speaks to her. She creeps closer, curiosity drawing her in.

He leaps once more, his forepaws touching a split second before his hind paws. He does not pause, shifting into the next maneuver easily. Rising up, he pirouettes, outstretching his clawed toes to come to a stop. A split second marks the transition as he leaps, his forepaws taking his weight, his muscles corded with strength.

She stands in awe, just out of his sight. Even among the dancers she has seen, none compare to this imperial. They dance with their bodies. He dances with his soul.

Faster and faster. He spins wildly, his feet drumming a tattoo into the earth. Perfectly controlled, he dances with the elegance of one born for it. Snowflakes flicker into existence, accentuating the lithe movements of his wiry body. They race along his sides, winking away as they touch his scales. Sweat rolls down between his wings. Faster.

The snowflakes drift off and around her, tickling her hide. She shivers, not from the cold, but from the wonder of the performance. It makes chills race down her spine. Her feathers prickle with the force of them.

His body carries the power of a landscape. His limbs are trees, bending in the force of a wind he creates for himself. His back is an avalanche, falling upon itself only to swing away at the last moment. Dancing beneath the sun, he is wild, twisting and bending like a river. The wind whistles past his ears and into his lungs, melting tiny snowflakes on his tongue.

Her heart throbs in her chest. She is lost watching the surging power of his form. His feet create a music for her body to sway to.

His dance comes into a crescendo, his paws quickening in tempo. He leaps, he twists, he arches, making the ground his own. Snowflakes ripple down his form, a pale blizzard twining around his wings. He moves with an unmatched energy, cascading over the ground in a flurry of pawprints. His body blurs around the edges, moving so quickly that her eyes can barely follow. In a final, downward motion, he drops, one wing held out. He is a living statue turned stone once more, the snowflakes dancing like an echo of his power. They drift to the ground, and his dance is finished.

His eyes open sharply, glancing up to find the lone watcher. They pin the skydancer, alarm held within their cold depths. His jaws open into the harbinger of a roar, one that says she has no place here. She watches him with her entire self, her body as frozen as one of his snowflakes. It stops him. In that moment, he sees the reverence in her gaze, her brilliant eyes drinking in his energy. It binds his jaws and quiets the roar in his throat. He is proud of the effect he has. Though the thought shocks him, he wants her to see him dance once more.

It will be long before he discovers his talent for singing, and longer still before he performs for a true audience. But for now, he has found his purpose. He has found someone to dance for.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12