Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Story] Void Rising
1 2
Hey all, just a quick little forward. I've always loved writing stories, but have lost inspiration a while back for writing. I've found FR shortly before the last registration window, and it's quickly gotten my attention and given me inspiration for all new stories to write. I've already got quite a few ideas, and I've been practicing in the RP section to get back into the swing of things so hopefully this doesn't suck. Anyhow, that's about all I had to say so I hope you enjoy the story!
~~~~~
A loud crack echoed throughout the open field, followed by a loud crash as a tree collapses under the sudden energy of the tempest overhead. Bright swirls of purples and blues crack their way across the dark swirling clouds. A bolt of white-hot energy darted back and forth through it’s blackened prison, eventually making it’s way through to the bottom of it’s cage. Hopping through the downpour without a hint of warning, the bolt shot through the sky, eventually crashing down onto the head of an unsuspecting Snapper.

Did I find her? No, the storm has tricked me. Am I blind? Yes, even the ground before me has gone dark. Am I dead? No, I can still feel the rain’s relentless assault. Am I deaf? Unclear. My ears are ringing, but I couldn’t hear much to begin with past the pounding in my ears. I can’t seem to move, or perhaps I can’t feel.

Eyes closed. Focus. In. Out. Breathe, Vi, breathe. In. Out. The ringing has subsided, but my ears are drowning. I need to find her. I will find her. Eyes open? Fuzzy, but it’ll do. There, the beacon. I must follow it. She’ll be there, waiting. I just have to walk. Can I still walk? Yes, but the ground is soft. Okay, come on. You can do this. In. Out.

One foot forwards. Progress made. Foot two. Three. Four. See, it’s not that hard. One, two, three-ugh. Mud. Okay, slower. Steady. Just stay calm, and keep moving. In. Out. Another step forwards, another foot towards getting out of this rain. Just have to keep moving.

The sky seemed to protest the dragon’s quest, unleashing torrents of water stabbing into her back, the droplets turned into needles by the howling wind. Another fiery bolt crashes between her and her destination, but still she marched onwards, determined to make it to her destination. Suddenly, the light she was heading towards went out. And in it’s place the darkness crept in, the only light coming from the crackling energy rushing above the Snapper’s head, covering her in an unstable bluish glow.

“Melody!” The dragon shouted at the disappearance of the light, suddenly regaining her footing and making a dash towards a cavern in the distance. The storm ripped into the Earth in the distance, bellowing out against the Snapper’s shouts. The light returned, and she pushed harder against the incoming rain. She hardly even noticed when the light flashed brighter, blocking out the world around her. The next thing she knew she slammed into something smooth, something stone. And then, nothing. Exhausted, the dragon collapsed, her ears vaguely picking up something different in the storm. But it was enough for her to understand, she had made it to her destination.
~~~~~
Ping List:
@RaptorFeathers

If you'd like to get added to the list (or removed) make a comment to let me know, and I'll be sure to add/remove you in the following posts so that you don't have to keep checking back on the thread.
Hey all, just a quick little forward. I've always loved writing stories, but have lost inspiration a while back for writing. I've found FR shortly before the last registration window, and it's quickly gotten my attention and given me inspiration for all new stories to write. I've already got quite a few ideas, and I've been practicing in the RP section to get back into the swing of things so hopefully this doesn't suck. Anyhow, that's about all I had to say so I hope you enjoy the story!
~~~~~
A loud crack echoed throughout the open field, followed by a loud crash as a tree collapses under the sudden energy of the tempest overhead. Bright swirls of purples and blues crack their way across the dark swirling clouds. A bolt of white-hot energy darted back and forth through it’s blackened prison, eventually making it’s way through to the bottom of it’s cage. Hopping through the downpour without a hint of warning, the bolt shot through the sky, eventually crashing down onto the head of an unsuspecting Snapper.

Did I find her? No, the storm has tricked me. Am I blind? Yes, even the ground before me has gone dark. Am I dead? No, I can still feel the rain’s relentless assault. Am I deaf? Unclear. My ears are ringing, but I couldn’t hear much to begin with past the pounding in my ears. I can’t seem to move, or perhaps I can’t feel.

Eyes closed. Focus. In. Out. Breathe, Vi, breathe. In. Out. The ringing has subsided, but my ears are drowning. I need to find her. I will find her. Eyes open? Fuzzy, but it’ll do. There, the beacon. I must follow it. She’ll be there, waiting. I just have to walk. Can I still walk? Yes, but the ground is soft. Okay, come on. You can do this. In. Out.

One foot forwards. Progress made. Foot two. Three. Four. See, it’s not that hard. One, two, three-ugh. Mud. Okay, slower. Steady. Just stay calm, and keep moving. In. Out. Another step forwards, another foot towards getting out of this rain. Just have to keep moving.

The sky seemed to protest the dragon’s quest, unleashing torrents of water stabbing into her back, the droplets turned into needles by the howling wind. Another fiery bolt crashes between her and her destination, but still she marched onwards, determined to make it to her destination. Suddenly, the light she was heading towards went out. And in it’s place the darkness crept in, the only light coming from the crackling energy rushing above the Snapper’s head, covering her in an unstable bluish glow.

“Melody!” The dragon shouted at the disappearance of the light, suddenly regaining her footing and making a dash towards a cavern in the distance. The storm ripped into the Earth in the distance, bellowing out against the Snapper’s shouts. The light returned, and she pushed harder against the incoming rain. She hardly even noticed when the light flashed brighter, blocking out the world around her. The next thing she knew she slammed into something smooth, something stone. And then, nothing. Exhausted, the dragon collapsed, her ears vaguely picking up something different in the storm. But it was enough for her to understand, she had made it to her destination.
~~~~~
Ping List:
@RaptorFeathers

If you'd like to get added to the list (or removed) make a comment to let me know, and I'll be sure to add/remove you in the following posts so that you don't have to keep checking back on the thread.

Praise the sun! \o/
@fibs @MidnightBlossom @Alluundra1087 @KayjayStarr @Harknessy @transphinx
-Some additional pings after checking friend's list to see if some are interested-
@fibs @MidnightBlossom @Alluundra1087 @KayjayStarr @Harknessy @transphinx
-Some additional pings after checking friend's list to see if some are interested-

Praise the sun! \o/
lovely story so far :^) definitely interested in seeing more o/
lovely story so far :^) definitely interested in seeing more o/
A school of pastel-colored ASCII fish!
of course, put me on the list ~
of course, put me on the list ~
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/transphinx/
plague_nests_by_duinimrais-d85k0kr.gif
@polygone

I'd totally read more!
@polygone

I'd totally read more!
lesbiancatcher.png
Zeph / 22 / Redwood
fc4zvun.png
mCzmQ3E.png 9.png
@Polygone

I'll want to stay in your ping list (and ooooohhhh how did I miss the existence of this forum? I CAN WRITE MOOOORE)
@Polygone

I'll want to stay in your ping list (and ooooohhhh how did I miss the existence of this forum? I CAN WRITE MOOOORE)
If responding to me please PING me!

I probably won't see it otherwise. :3
“Vi!” Lok once again shouted the Snapper’s name, but the dragon did not awaken. “Grr…there’s no way we could move her, so we’ll have to settle for keeping the water out of the cave.” A golden Fae lands on top of the sleeping Snapper, shaking the larger dragon’s head with all her might trying to get her to awaken, but the effort was futile. Meanwhile a large green striped Tundra, Lok, had already begun digging a trench around the mouth of their shelter, piling the dirt and muck up on the side nearest the Snapper to discourage the water from flooding inwards. “Melody. She’ll be fine, just…” He stopped, seeing the Fae’s tears as she clung to the Snapper.

Lok continued to dig without another word, the rain still pounding away at the stone above their heads. Melody was busily trying to revive her fallen companion, who hasn’t moved since running head-first into the wall of the cave. Melody feared the worst, after all the dragon was struck by lightning right before barreling into a slab of solid stone.

After a few minutes, Lok finished digging up a barrier and returned to the pair, covered in mud and half soaked, his fur a matted mess. “Any luck?” He questioned the Fae, who shook her head in response, giving a sorrowful expression. “Well there’s not much left to do since she’s too heavy for us to carry. Come on, we might as well get some rest while we wait out the storm. I just hope the others found shelter as well.” Lok laid down beside Vi, moving close to try and keep her a little warmer. Melody seemed to lose all energy, silently sighing and curling up between the other two dragons. “She’ll wake up, Vi’s a tough cookie.” The Tundra’s words had no affect on the smaller dragon, so he decided to just try and get some sleep, ignoring the weather’s harsh calls echoing through the cave.
~~~~~
Ping List:
@RaptorFeathers @fibs @transphinx @KayjayStarr @Harknessy

“Vi!” Lok once again shouted the Snapper’s name, but the dragon did not awaken. “Grr…there’s no way we could move her, so we’ll have to settle for keeping the water out of the cave.” A golden Fae lands on top of the sleeping Snapper, shaking the larger dragon’s head with all her might trying to get her to awaken, but the effort was futile. Meanwhile a large green striped Tundra, Lok, had already begun digging a trench around the mouth of their shelter, piling the dirt and muck up on the side nearest the Snapper to discourage the water from flooding inwards. “Melody. She’ll be fine, just…” He stopped, seeing the Fae’s tears as she clung to the Snapper.

Lok continued to dig without another word, the rain still pounding away at the stone above their heads. Melody was busily trying to revive her fallen companion, who hasn’t moved since running head-first into the wall of the cave. Melody feared the worst, after all the dragon was struck by lightning right before barreling into a slab of solid stone.

After a few minutes, Lok finished digging up a barrier and returned to the pair, covered in mud and half soaked, his fur a matted mess. “Any luck?” He questioned the Fae, who shook her head in response, giving a sorrowful expression. “Well there’s not much left to do since she’s too heavy for us to carry. Come on, we might as well get some rest while we wait out the storm. I just hope the others found shelter as well.” Lok laid down beside Vi, moving close to try and keep her a little warmer. Melody seemed to lose all energy, silently sighing and curling up between the other two dragons. “She’ll wake up, Vi’s a tough cookie.” The Tundra’s words had no affect on the smaller dragon, so he decided to just try and get some sleep, ignoring the weather’s harsh calls echoing through the cave.
~~~~~
Ping List:
@RaptorFeathers @fibs @transphinx @KayjayStarr @Harknessy

Praise the sun! \o/
Vi: [img]http://i.imgur.com/NRCfxQr.png[/img] Lok: [img]http://i.imgur.com/flXv8KE.png[/img] Melody [img]http://i.imgur.com/qVAfz4L.png[/img]
Vi:
NRCfxQr.png
Lok:
flXv8KE.png
Melody
qVAfz4L.png

Praise the sun! \o/
@polygone
Can you add me to the ping list?
@polygone
Can you add me to the ping list?
b7fepcb.pngWind wHevbhU.gifhitumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
Illuminus
She/her
FR +3
(Oops got a little busy~) ~~~~~ [img]http://i.imgur.com/J4nOW8w.png[/img] The tempest whirled above, the sky’s fury continuing to pound away at the landscape below it. Deep within this nightmare of a storm, a crystal blue Coatl sparkles with energy. Electric snakes make their way in and out of the dragon’s body, her eyes shining a brilliant shade as her every movement sends waves of electricity scattering throughout the blackened sky. A lone Spiral snakes his way past the burning bolts, narrowly missing several as he searched for a Coatl hidden somewhere within the darkness. It’s fortunate he’s a shadow dragon, accustomed to the low light levels, or he could’ve easily been lost in the storm by now. “Crystal!” The Spiral shouted as he spotted the Coatl ahead of him, shining brightly with several streaks of energy constantly surging back and forth across her coat. The Coatl was startled out of her blissful trance by the mention of her name, and turned to the approaching spiral, sending shockwaves of light and energy off to her side with the turn of her head. The Spiral kept his distance, hoping not to get struck by a stray bolt of lightning. “Crystal, you have to get out of here. Your interference is making things worse!” As if to prove his point, a particularly loud roll of thunder swept by them before the Coatl could respond. “I don’t think I can!” The Coatl was suddenly fearful, unsure if she could pull herself out of the heart of the storm. “You can! You’re a strong Coatl, you have to learn to control your power.” Crystal struggled at her friend’s words, trying to fly up away from the storm but being pulled back by the energy grabbing onto her and forcing her back. “I…can’t. It’s too strong! Erebus, help!” The Coatl’s shouts were nearly drowned out by the rain and the crackling thunder, but the Spiral had crept a little closer to more easily hear her words. Just as he was about to respond a static shiv punched through his chest and down his tail, causing the dragon to drop out of the air and begin plummeting down to the unseen ground below. “Erebus!” Crystal panicked seeing her friend falling helpless, and tugged away at her electrical bonds frantically until she finally managed to break free, tendrils of light snaking away as she removed herself from the heart of the storm. And so she dove, hoping to catch up to Erebus before it was too late. [img]http://i.imgur.com/YXWN043.png[/img] ~~~~~ Ping List: @RaptorFeathers @fibs @transphinx @KayjayStarr @Harknessy @Dracko If you'd like to get added to the list (or removed) make a comment to let me know, and I'll be sure to add/remove you in the following posts so that you don't have to keep checking back on the thread.
(Oops got a little busy~)
~~~~~
J4nOW8w.png
The tempest whirled above, the sky’s fury continuing to pound away at the landscape below it. Deep within this nightmare of a storm, a crystal blue Coatl sparkles with energy. Electric snakes make their way in and out of the dragon’s body, her eyes shining a brilliant shade as her every movement sends waves of electricity scattering throughout the blackened sky.

A lone Spiral snakes his way past the burning bolts, narrowly missing several as he searched for a Coatl hidden somewhere within the darkness. It’s fortunate he’s a shadow dragon, accustomed to the low light levels, or he could’ve easily been lost in the storm by now.

“Crystal!” The Spiral shouted as he spotted the Coatl ahead of him, shining brightly with several streaks of energy constantly surging back and forth across her coat. The Coatl was startled out of her blissful trance by the mention of her name, and turned to the approaching spiral, sending shockwaves of light and energy off to her side with the turn of her head.

The Spiral kept his distance, hoping not to get struck by a stray bolt of lightning. “Crystal, you have to get out of here. Your interference is making things worse!” As if to prove his point, a particularly loud roll of thunder swept by them before the Coatl could respond. “I don’t think I can!” The Coatl was suddenly fearful, unsure if she could pull herself out of the heart of the storm. “You can! You’re a strong Coatl, you have to learn to control your power.”

Crystal struggled at her friend’s words, trying to fly up away from the storm but being pulled back by the energy grabbing onto her and forcing her back. “I…can’t. It’s too strong! Erebus, help!” The Coatl’s shouts were nearly drowned out by the rain and the crackling thunder, but the Spiral had crept a little closer to more easily hear her words. Just as he was about to respond a static shiv punched through his chest and down his tail, causing the dragon to drop out of the air and begin plummeting down to the unseen ground below.

“Erebus!” Crystal panicked seeing her friend falling helpless, and tugged away at her electrical bonds frantically until she finally managed to break free, tendrils of light snaking away as she removed herself from the heart of the storm.

And so she dove, hoping to catch up to Erebus before it was too late.
YXWN043.png
~~~~~
Ping List:
@RaptorFeathers @fibs @transphinx @KayjayStarr @Harknessy @Dracko

Praise the sun! \o/
1 2