Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In My Remains- a Mini-Nuzlocke
1 2
I've decided to do a baby version of the Nuzlocke challenge for Flight Rising! I've decided that I will be writing out all of the events that happen in the challenge, and here are my little chronicles!

The rules are as follows:
RULES:
  1. I cannot buy dragons- I can only hatch my own.
  2. If a dragon faints in the Coli, it's dead. I have to exalt it unless a reader decides to adopt them.
  3. A dragon can't receive a primary gene until level 10, a secondary until level 15, and a tertiary until level 25.
  4. For every egg I find, I can purchase a breed change scroll.
  5. I can only buy eggs once a month.
  6. When I hatch a nest, I will flip a coin for each hatchling. If heads, it lives. If tails, it dies. I must exalt it unless a reader decides to adopt them.
  7. I can only get food from the Coli. Since I have a separate clan, I will calculate energy levels manually.
  8. If a dragon's energy hits zero, it starves to death and I must exalt it. If it hits below 40, the party loses progress since they have to take it easy and rest.
  9. Narjie and her party's location changes every two or three weeks.
  10. I can only scatterscroll a dragon at level 25.
  11. If Narjie faints in the Coli, she won't be exalted, but she will be unable to fight for one week. I need her as my narrator.
  12. When a Guardian reaches 2 months of age in FR time, they leave for their Search. I will flip a coin. If heads, their charge is in the party. If tails, they are to be sold or given away.
  13. I can only accept donations once a week.
  14. I'm happy to do crossovers with your clan and its lore! Feel free to PM me about it.
    I will add to the rules as necessary.

Pinglist:
Elubviq
I've decided to do a baby version of the Nuzlocke challenge for Flight Rising! I've decided that I will be writing out all of the events that happen in the challenge, and here are my little chronicles!

The rules are as follows:
RULES:
  1. I cannot buy dragons- I can only hatch my own.
  2. If a dragon faints in the Coli, it's dead. I have to exalt it unless a reader decides to adopt them.
  3. A dragon can't receive a primary gene until level 10, a secondary until level 15, and a tertiary until level 25.
  4. For every egg I find, I can purchase a breed change scroll.
  5. I can only buy eggs once a month.
  6. When I hatch a nest, I will flip a coin for each hatchling. If heads, it lives. If tails, it dies. I must exalt it unless a reader decides to adopt them.
  7. I can only get food from the Coli. Since I have a separate clan, I will calculate energy levels manually.
  8. If a dragon's energy hits zero, it starves to death and I must exalt it. If it hits below 40, the party loses progress since they have to take it easy and rest.
  9. Narjie and her party's location changes every two or three weeks.
  10. I can only scatterscroll a dragon at level 25.
  11. If Narjie faints in the Coli, she won't be exalted, but she will be unable to fight for one week. I need her as my narrator.
  12. When a Guardian reaches 2 months of age in FR time, they leave for their Search. I will flip a coin. If heads, their charge is in the party. If tails, they are to be sold or given away.
  13. I can only accept donations once a week.
  14. I'm happy to do crossovers with your clan and its lore! Feel free to PM me about it.
    I will add to the rules as necessary.

Pinglist:
Elubviq
[center][size=5][b]The Party:[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8302833] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/83029/8302833_350.png[/img] [/url] Narjie Energy: 50/50 Status: Alive Carrying: Green Birdskull Wingpiece, Green Birdskull Necklace, Jade Armlet Familiar: Rambra [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14327390][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/143274/14327390_350.png[/img][/url] Runda Energy: 50/50 Status: Alive Carrying: Nothing Familiar: None [/center]
The Party:

8302833_350.png

Narjie
Energy: 50/50
Carrying: Green Birdskull Wingpiece, Green Birdskull Necklace, Jade Armlet
Familiar: Rambra

14327390_350.png
Runda
Energy: 50/50
Carrying: Nothing
Familiar: None
Donations Received/Crossovers:

None yet!
Donations Received/Crossovers:

None yet!
Entry 1: 20th Day of the Lightweaver’s Month
I’ve always heard that the healers tell the grieving to keep a journal- to write down their emotions and thoughts that they don’t wish to share with the public. I used to laugh at the notion. Obviously, my thoughts on the matter have changed.
I can’t stand keeping all this to myself, and since I have nobody to talk to, I’m writing them here before my own emotions crush me.
Let me start with an introduction of sorts.
I go by the name Narjie. I am a Guardian forcibly separated from her charge. I have been exiled from my clan for a crime I didn’t commit. I can no longer enter their territory on the threat of death. The funny thing is, when I passed by the borders a few weeks ago, there were no guards there. When I went to investigate, the clan lair was empty. It had been abandoned a long time ago. My clan has disappeared, and with it, my Charge.
My Charge goes by the name Blackfeather, and was the leader of the clan. During my last days as a member, she had been influenced by a manipulative Skydancer. I don’t want to write his name, because the sound of it makes my blood boil.
I took this journal from the old lair. Empty ones just like it had been littering the floor of the library, as if it was cleared out in a hurry.
I should get back on track. No point in rambling on forever- after all, pages aren’t infinite, are they?
Since I visited the lair, I’ve been searching the Tangled Wood in hopes of finding my clan. Some days I don’t search, but most days, I’m ripping apart the Wood. Or so it seems.
And the worst part is, I am entirely alone. Nobody to talk to, nobody to give me some sense of normalcy. Just the strange bird and insect sounds of the Wood. Last I checked, glowing mushrooms don’t make good company.
I do have a Rambra who travels with me, but it spends most of its time off by itself. Of course, sometimes it brings me back some of its finds, like spare treasure or, occasionally, a chest. But if I talk to it, it doesn’t understand me, so I’m better off talking to the trees.
I need to talk to an actual, living dragon, or I think I’ll go insane. Simple as that.
I’m contradicting myself by prattling on in here. I’m going to end this entry here, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be resorting to this journal again. Even the silent ones need to get their thoughts out there somehow.
-Narjie
Entry 1: 20th Day of the Lightweaver’s Month
I’ve always heard that the healers tell the grieving to keep a journal- to write down their emotions and thoughts that they don’t wish to share with the public. I used to laugh at the notion. Obviously, my thoughts on the matter have changed.
I can’t stand keeping all this to myself, and since I have nobody to talk to, I’m writing them here before my own emotions crush me.
Let me start with an introduction of sorts.
I go by the name Narjie. I am a Guardian forcibly separated from her charge. I have been exiled from my clan for a crime I didn’t commit. I can no longer enter their territory on the threat of death. The funny thing is, when I passed by the borders a few weeks ago, there were no guards there. When I went to investigate, the clan lair was empty. It had been abandoned a long time ago. My clan has disappeared, and with it, my Charge.
My Charge goes by the name Blackfeather, and was the leader of the clan. During my last days as a member, she had been influenced by a manipulative Skydancer. I don’t want to write his name, because the sound of it makes my blood boil.
I took this journal from the old lair. Empty ones just like it had been littering the floor of the library, as if it was cleared out in a hurry.
I should get back on track. No point in rambling on forever- after all, pages aren’t infinite, are they?
Since I visited the lair, I’ve been searching the Tangled Wood in hopes of finding my clan. Some days I don’t search, but most days, I’m ripping apart the Wood. Or so it seems.
And the worst part is, I am entirely alone. Nobody to talk to, nobody to give me some sense of normalcy. Just the strange bird and insect sounds of the Wood. Last I checked, glowing mushrooms don’t make good company.
I do have a Rambra who travels with me, but it spends most of its time off by itself. Of course, sometimes it brings me back some of its finds, like spare treasure or, occasionally, a chest. But if I talk to it, it doesn’t understand me, so I’m better off talking to the trees.
I need to talk to an actual, living dragon, or I think I’ll go insane. Simple as that.
I’m contradicting myself by prattling on in here. I’m going to end this entry here, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be resorting to this journal again. Even the silent ones need to get their thoughts out there somehow.
-Narjie
Entry 2: 22nd Day of the Lightweaver’s Month

I can no longer say that I’m entirely alone.

I was searching the Wispwillow Grove yesterday, since it made sense that my clan would move there once they outgrew the Driftwood Drag. Sure, that area’s great for young clans, but when I was exiled the clan was beginning to outgrow their space.

The glowing fungi here provide excellent light. Even though I’m used to the dimness, being a Shadow dragon by birth and all, it gets hard to see in the darkest places. The Drag was no exception to this rule, and I was constantly afraid some hatchling was going to fall into the dark waters of the river. Looking around, I’m pretty sure that this would be a better place for new clans to start off in.

I had just returned from a quick trip in the Coliseum to gather food. I have some experience in that place, but right now I prefer to wander around in the Training Fields, since it’s easy and I have a lesser chance of getting killed or putting myself out of action. Fighting in the Coliseum’s bloody work, but I have to feed myself. The insects and squirrels of the Tangled Wood aren’t proper eating for a dragon of my size.

I’ve made a bit of a campsite here for myself here while I search the area. Here, there aren’t that many clans around, and nobody’s claimed this particular meadow.

As I was wading through the thorns (an experience I would not recommend), something caught my eye. All I could see was a lumpy, oval-shaped object stashed away behind a patch of glowing mushrooms. I got curious- around here, dragons drop their bags and sacks full of treasure on accident and never come back to pick them up. I’m not exactly the thieving type, but since I’m by myself and there are no other ways for me to get treasure (which I need to buy supplies from anyone who even bothers to look at me).

I peeled back the clump of fungi, which seemed to glow even brighter when I disturbed them. Something scuttled off into the brush. With the added light, I could see that the lumpy thing definitely wasn’t a sack. The lumps, in fact, were dried up, dead barnacles encrusted onto a blueish, hard surface.

I’ve spent a little time in the Sea of a Thousand Currents while on my Search, and I immediately recognized it as a Water flight egg. Someone had probably lost it while passing through here in a hurry. The fungi near it were trampled flat.

I hesitantly touched the surface, carefully avoiding the sharp barnacles. It felt cool to the touch- some warmth was there, but not much. I reasoned that it had probably been here for a couple of days. Obviously nobody had come back for it. From my own limited experience with eggs and hatchlings (someone once asked me to nest-sit for them while they went on a hunting trip for a couple of days, and they left me with some pretty strict instructions), I knew that if it stayed out in the cold for too long, the hatchling inside would die.

I did what any dragon would do in that situation and took it back to the campsite with me. I constructed a makeshift nest for it. When I went to bed for the night, I made sure that I coiled myself around the egg to keep it warm. My body heat would protect it from the cold of the Tangled Wood- I’m definitely big enough to curl all the way around it.

When I woke up this morning I made sure to give the nest some extra insulation. I’ll be leaving for the Coliseum soon since I now have to fight enough monsters to hunt for two. I don’t know exactly what’s going to hatch out of the egg, but whatever it is, I hope they stick around.
I remember the hatchlings back at home. They were so energetic- they nearly ran poor Wheatley ragged. To be completely honest, I hope I get a hatchling like that. I need a little bit of their light in my life right now, since my search is going so poorly.

I’m wasting time writing in here right now. I should be off fighting so that I can get back before the egg gets cold again, and now I have to put in some extra effort so that the hatchling will have enough to eat. I hope I’m strong enough to handle hunting for two.

-Narjie
Entry 2: 22nd Day of the Lightweaver’s Month

I can no longer say that I’m entirely alone.

I was searching the Wispwillow Grove yesterday, since it made sense that my clan would move there once they outgrew the Driftwood Drag. Sure, that area’s great for young clans, but when I was exiled the clan was beginning to outgrow their space.

The glowing fungi here provide excellent light. Even though I’m used to the dimness, being a Shadow dragon by birth and all, it gets hard to see in the darkest places. The Drag was no exception to this rule, and I was constantly afraid some hatchling was going to fall into the dark waters of the river. Looking around, I’m pretty sure that this would be a better place for new clans to start off in.

I had just returned from a quick trip in the Coliseum to gather food. I have some experience in that place, but right now I prefer to wander around in the Training Fields, since it’s easy and I have a lesser chance of getting killed or putting myself out of action. Fighting in the Coliseum’s bloody work, but I have to feed myself. The insects and squirrels of the Tangled Wood aren’t proper eating for a dragon of my size.

I’ve made a bit of a campsite here for myself here while I search the area. Here, there aren’t that many clans around, and nobody’s claimed this particular meadow.

As I was wading through the thorns (an experience I would not recommend), something caught my eye. All I could see was a lumpy, oval-shaped object stashed away behind a patch of glowing mushrooms. I got curious- around here, dragons drop their bags and sacks full of treasure on accident and never come back to pick them up. I’m not exactly the thieving type, but since I’m by myself and there are no other ways for me to get treasure (which I need to buy supplies from anyone who even bothers to look at me).

I peeled back the clump of fungi, which seemed to glow even brighter when I disturbed them. Something scuttled off into the brush. With the added light, I could see that the lumpy thing definitely wasn’t a sack. The lumps, in fact, were dried up, dead barnacles encrusted onto a blueish, hard surface.

I’ve spent a little time in the Sea of a Thousand Currents while on my Search, and I immediately recognized it as a Water flight egg. Someone had probably lost it while passing through here in a hurry. The fungi near it were trampled flat.

I hesitantly touched the surface, carefully avoiding the sharp barnacles. It felt cool to the touch- some warmth was there, but not much. I reasoned that it had probably been here for a couple of days. Obviously nobody had come back for it. From my own limited experience with eggs and hatchlings (someone once asked me to nest-sit for them while they went on a hunting trip for a couple of days, and they left me with some pretty strict instructions), I knew that if it stayed out in the cold for too long, the hatchling inside would die.

I did what any dragon would do in that situation and took it back to the campsite with me. I constructed a makeshift nest for it. When I went to bed for the night, I made sure that I coiled myself around the egg to keep it warm. My body heat would protect it from the cold of the Tangled Wood- I’m definitely big enough to curl all the way around it.

When I woke up this morning I made sure to give the nest some extra insulation. I’ll be leaving for the Coliseum soon since I now have to fight enough monsters to hunt for two. I don’t know exactly what’s going to hatch out of the egg, but whatever it is, I hope they stick around.
I remember the hatchlings back at home. They were so energetic- they nearly ran poor Wheatley ragged. To be completely honest, I hope I get a hatchling like that. I need a little bit of their light in my life right now, since my search is going so poorly.

I’m wasting time writing in here right now. I should be off fighting so that I can get back before the egg gets cold again, and now I have to put in some extra effort so that the hatchling will have enough to eat. I hope I’m strong enough to handle hunting for two.

-Narjie
[i]Entry 3: 23rd Day of the Lightweaver’s Month[/i] The Brightshine Jubilee is underway- I brought back an Immaculate Tablet when I went hunting yesterday. The Jubilee is a time of celebration, and today, I have a reason to join in the festivities. I was coming back from the Coliseum yesterday, and I have to admit, I was pretty banged up. Even though I technically can be going at it in the Woodland Path, I went back into the Training Fields. After a good string of five battles or so- well, let me tell you this. Five battles in a row when you’re barely strong enough to take them down without getting too badly injured takes a toll. Anyway, back on track. I went to check on the nest. The egg was still there, but the blue surface was beginning to crack open. Slowly, yes, but surely. I’d always heard Vaizel tell the new parents of the clan not to break their hatchlings out of their shells, since they could wind up doing more harm than good. I decided to heed that advice and let the hatchling within work its way out. Night was beginning to fall, and I took up my post next to the egg. This time, instead of curling around it to keep it warm, I stood over it, waiting. There was no way I was getting any sleep, and I’m paying for it today. After an hour or so, the hatchling within finally managed to break free. A Mirror female- healthy, and with the deep blue eyes of the Water flight. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14327390][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/143274/14327390_350.png[/img][/url] I’m not one to fawn over hatchlings but in my eyes, she was [i]perfect.[/i] She looked robust, and as I wiped some of the fluid away from her face, she had looked up at me curiously. “So what do I call you?” I had said out loud. “After all, whatever I decide to name you now will probably be permanent.” I searched through my mind to see if anything came to me. She was from the Water flight, so maybe a name themed around her home flight would be fitting. But I also wanted to tie in a bit of Shadow heritage, with its mystery. Suddenly, an idea came to me. “Runda,” I continued. “I’ll call you Runda.” I used my tail to bring the Mirror hatchling a little closer to me. “Welcome to the Tangled Wood.” This morning, I’ve elected to stay out of the Coliseum, since I can’t afford to leave Runda alone. Yesterday’s hunt was successful, if a bit exhausting, and I- no, we- should have enough to get by until I can get back into the Training Fields. Until Runda’s old enough to stay out of trouble, I can’t keep her unprotected. I’ve been told countless times by mothers I’ve met on my travels that Mirror hatchlings are a clawful. Even though Runda’s company for me now, I’m still a Guardian who’s lost her Charge. She’s keeping my mind off of Blackfeather for now, but I can’t stop and linger here- not when my clan’s disappeared. So I’m considering this a rest stop. As soon as Runda’s old enough to start traveling, I’ll be on my way again. Oh, look, I’m prattling again. I’m off to go do some productive things with myself. -Narjie
Entry 3: 23rd Day of the Lightweaver’s Month

The Brightshine Jubilee is underway- I brought back an Immaculate Tablet when I went hunting yesterday.

The Jubilee is a time of celebration, and today, I have a reason to join in the festivities. I was coming back from the Coliseum yesterday, and I have to admit, I was pretty banged up. Even though I technically can be going at it in the Woodland Path, I went back into the Training Fields. After a good string of five battles or so- well, let me tell you this. Five battles in a row when you’re barely strong enough to take them down without getting too badly injured takes a toll.

Anyway, back on track. I went to check on the nest. The egg was still there, but the blue surface was beginning to crack open. Slowly, yes, but surely. I’d always heard Vaizel tell the new parents of the clan not to break their hatchlings out of their shells, since they could wind up doing more harm than good. I decided to heed that advice and let the hatchling within work its way out.

Night was beginning to fall, and I took up my post next to the egg. This time, instead of curling around it to keep it warm, I stood over it, waiting. There was no way I was getting any sleep, and I’m paying for it today.

After an hour or so, the hatchling within finally managed to break free. A Mirror female- healthy, and with the deep blue eyes of the Water flight.
14327390_350.png
I’m not one to fawn over hatchlings but in my eyes, she was perfect. She looked robust, and as I wiped some of the fluid away from her face, she had looked up at me curiously.

“So what do I call you?” I had said out loud. “After all, whatever I decide to name you now will probably be permanent.” I searched through my mind to see if anything came to me. She was from the Water flight, so maybe a name themed around her home flight would be fitting. But I also wanted to tie in a bit of Shadow heritage, with its mystery.

Suddenly, an idea came to me.

“Runda,” I continued. “I’ll call you Runda.” I used my tail to bring the Mirror hatchling a little closer to me. “Welcome to the Tangled Wood.”

This morning, I’ve elected to stay out of the Coliseum, since I can’t afford to leave Runda alone. Yesterday’s hunt was successful, if a bit exhausting, and I- no, we- should have enough to get by until I can get back into the Training Fields. Until Runda’s old enough to stay out of trouble, I can’t keep her unprotected. I’ve been told countless times by mothers I’ve met on my travels that Mirror hatchlings are a clawful.

Even though Runda’s company for me now, I’m still a Guardian who’s lost her Charge. She’s keeping my mind off of Blackfeather for now, but I can’t stop and linger here- not when my clan’s disappeared. So I’m considering this a rest stop. As soon as Runda’s old enough to start traveling, I’ll be on my way again.

Oh, look, I’m prattling again. I’m off to go do some productive things with myself.

-Narjie
@MidnightRaven You write beautifully! I love where this story may go. Can you add me to the ping list please?
@MidnightRaven You write beautifully! I love where this story may go. Can you add me to the ping list please?
@CowardlyTank

Sure thing! Thanks for your compliment ^^
@CowardlyTank

Sure thing! Thanks for your compliment ^^
@CowardlyTank

((I live! Updates might not come as frequently, since I'm busy with some RL stuff right now.))

Entry 4

It’s been a while, I’ll admit it.

Between Runda’s training and the ground I’ve been covering, I haven’t had too much time to write.

Runda’s a good hunter, but I swear her curiosity is literally going to kill her one day. Every new monster we encounter is something to be investigated, and well, let’s say they’re not friendly.
She also demands to know everything- even things I’d prefer to keep from her.

“So Narjie,” Runda asked me as we were flying over the Foxfire Bramble, “Where exactly are we going?”

“I don’t know. I don’t have a definitive answer to give you.”

She’d glared at me. “You’ve told me that every time I’ve asked. I want to know where we’re flying off to so urgently, thank you very much.”

Did I mention she had a bit of a mouth on her?

“I’d give you an answer if I had one. Now watch out before you fly into that thorn tangle.”

Runda scowled and swerved to the left. I brought my attention back to the ground below me. I was trying to fiund a decent campsite, because ever since we left the one where Runda was born, we’ve wound up sleeping in some rather unpleasant spots. A night in the Foxfire Bramble, without a proper shelter underground created, is not an experience I’d recommend.

A few updates about my itinerary are due. I’m heading towards the Sunbeam Ruins right now, and I estimate that I’ll be there in a week or so. The Bramble’s a pretty large area, forming a wide protective border around the Tangled Wood. You don’t want to forge through on foot, but you can’t fly forever. These past couple of weeks, I’ve really been feeling the effects of constant traveling.

Between Runda and traveling, though, I’ve got to say that I’m feeling a bit better about the whole Blackfeather issue. Even if it’s not my Charge, it feels nice to have someone to defend and take care of again. Obviously I still want to find my clan. I want- no, I need- to find Blackfeather and try to fix this entire mess.

It’s unlikely, but maybe the clan will have relocated to the Lightweaver’s domain. If anything, maybe I’ll get a lead on their location.

Worst case scenario, I’ll lose a lot of time.

Since I’m pretty preoccupied, it might be a bit before I write here again. Regardless, I’m enjoying writing in this journal. Runda’s pretty nosy as to what I write in here, though. Hopefully I can keep the pencil out of her grasp, since pages aren’t infinite and she doesn’t know how to read and write yet.

I’m off to sleep. I don’t want to lose time.

-Narjie
@CowardlyTank

((I live! Updates might not come as frequently, since I'm busy with some RL stuff right now.))

Entry 4

It’s been a while, I’ll admit it.

Between Runda’s training and the ground I’ve been covering, I haven’t had too much time to write.

Runda’s a good hunter, but I swear her curiosity is literally going to kill her one day. Every new monster we encounter is something to be investigated, and well, let’s say they’re not friendly.
She also demands to know everything- even things I’d prefer to keep from her.

“So Narjie,” Runda asked me as we were flying over the Foxfire Bramble, “Where exactly are we going?”

“I don’t know. I don’t have a definitive answer to give you.”

She’d glared at me. “You’ve told me that every time I’ve asked. I want to know where we’re flying off to so urgently, thank you very much.”

Did I mention she had a bit of a mouth on her?

“I’d give you an answer if I had one. Now watch out before you fly into that thorn tangle.”

Runda scowled and swerved to the left. I brought my attention back to the ground below me. I was trying to fiund a decent campsite, because ever since we left the one where Runda was born, we’ve wound up sleeping in some rather unpleasant spots. A night in the Foxfire Bramble, without a proper shelter underground created, is not an experience I’d recommend.

A few updates about my itinerary are due. I’m heading towards the Sunbeam Ruins right now, and I estimate that I’ll be there in a week or so. The Bramble’s a pretty large area, forming a wide protective border around the Tangled Wood. You don’t want to forge through on foot, but you can’t fly forever. These past couple of weeks, I’ve really been feeling the effects of constant traveling.

Between Runda and traveling, though, I’ve got to say that I’m feeling a bit better about the whole Blackfeather issue. Even if it’s not my Charge, it feels nice to have someone to defend and take care of again. Obviously I still want to find my clan. I want- no, I need- to find Blackfeather and try to fix this entire mess.

It’s unlikely, but maybe the clan will have relocated to the Lightweaver’s domain. If anything, maybe I’ll get a lead on their location.

Worst case scenario, I’ll lose a lot of time.

Since I’m pretty preoccupied, it might be a bit before I write here again. Regardless, I’m enjoying writing in this journal. Runda’s pretty nosy as to what I write in here, though. Hopefully I can keep the pencil out of her grasp, since pages aren’t infinite and she doesn’t know how to read and write yet.

I’m off to sleep. I don’t want to lose time.

-Narjie
@CowardlyTank

Entry 5
We’ve made it to the Sunbeam Ruins.

The light is blinding me. I’ve only been here once before, but that was years ago. It’s going to take me a while to adjust to this.

Runda’s as curious as ever, wandering around and getting herself into trouble. She generally heads off somewhere at sunrise and comes back after it’s dark outside. She’s grown, and now we hunt alongside each other when we decide to brave the Coliseum. She’s good company and helps me take my mind off of things.

I’ve been following a lead. I’ve heard rumors of a clan similar to the one that I was exiled from that makes its lair in the Hewn City. Since it’s almost constantly dark there, I think it’s the best place for me to look. Too bad it’s halfway across the Ruins.

I managed to get my claws on a map, so at least I’ll have some idea as to where I’m going.
I can tell now that it’s going to be one heck of a journey. If we’re lucky, maybe this lead will be a good one. If not, well…

I keep telling myself that if the lead proves false, it’s only a waste of time. Even though this line of reasoning’s good, I can’t exactly convince myself that it’s true. I don’t know how I’m going to react if I find nothing.

I’ve been making good progress over these past couple of weeks. I don’t want to stop. I can’t stop, because when I stop I think, and when I think I get so overwhelmed by my own thoughts that I can’t do anything and I sit there like a worthless pile of scales- a Guardian unwilling to fulfill their duties.

I still haven’t told Runda the whole story yet. All I’ve told her is that I’m looking for someone important to me. I don’t think she’d understand if I spill everything. She’s a Mirror. She’ll never fully grasp exactly what it’s like to find a Charge- and what it feels like to get torn away from one.

Maybe one day, I’ll tell her. But until then, I think it’s best if she’s kept in the dark.

How ironic. I’m here in the flight of light and truth, and I’m keeping secrets from the only dragon who actually cares why I’m doing this. To be honest, the first dragon who I consider to be close to me since exile.

What a sad reality to have to face. But it’s reality. And I can’t change that- at least, not now. In the future, perhaps, it’ll be different, but for now it’s only the two of us.

I’m not normally a very sappy dragon. I don’t normally say these things. But they’ve been nagging at my mind incessantly, and hopefully now that I’ve gotten them down on paper they’ll leave me alone for a while. This is why I even bother with this journal in the first place.

I’ll be back in here another day. But for now, I’m tired and my mind’s wandering off elsewhere.

Let’s hope this lead of mine rings true.

-Narjie
@CowardlyTank

Entry 5
We’ve made it to the Sunbeam Ruins.

The light is blinding me. I’ve only been here once before, but that was years ago. It’s going to take me a while to adjust to this.

Runda’s as curious as ever, wandering around and getting herself into trouble. She generally heads off somewhere at sunrise and comes back after it’s dark outside. She’s grown, and now we hunt alongside each other when we decide to brave the Coliseum. She’s good company and helps me take my mind off of things.

I’ve been following a lead. I’ve heard rumors of a clan similar to the one that I was exiled from that makes its lair in the Hewn City. Since it’s almost constantly dark there, I think it’s the best place for me to look. Too bad it’s halfway across the Ruins.

I managed to get my claws on a map, so at least I’ll have some idea as to where I’m going.
I can tell now that it’s going to be one heck of a journey. If we’re lucky, maybe this lead will be a good one. If not, well…

I keep telling myself that if the lead proves false, it’s only a waste of time. Even though this line of reasoning’s good, I can’t exactly convince myself that it’s true. I don’t know how I’m going to react if I find nothing.

I’ve been making good progress over these past couple of weeks. I don’t want to stop. I can’t stop, because when I stop I think, and when I think I get so overwhelmed by my own thoughts that I can’t do anything and I sit there like a worthless pile of scales- a Guardian unwilling to fulfill their duties.

I still haven’t told Runda the whole story yet. All I’ve told her is that I’m looking for someone important to me. I don’t think she’d understand if I spill everything. She’s a Mirror. She’ll never fully grasp exactly what it’s like to find a Charge- and what it feels like to get torn away from one.

Maybe one day, I’ll tell her. But until then, I think it’s best if she’s kept in the dark.

How ironic. I’m here in the flight of light and truth, and I’m keeping secrets from the only dragon who actually cares why I’m doing this. To be honest, the first dragon who I consider to be close to me since exile.

What a sad reality to have to face. But it’s reality. And I can’t change that- at least, not now. In the future, perhaps, it’ll be different, but for now it’s only the two of us.

I’m not normally a very sappy dragon. I don’t normally say these things. But they’ve been nagging at my mind incessantly, and hopefully now that I’ve gotten them down on paper they’ll leave me alone for a while. This is why I even bother with this journal in the first place.

I’ll be back in here another day. But for now, I’m tired and my mind’s wandering off elsewhere.

Let’s hope this lead of mine rings true.

-Narjie
1 2