Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | How Clan Ghost Lights gets it genes!
1 2 3 4
Welcome to this thread! This is about how my clan shall earn it's genes inspired by @Amarayne's [i]Maldred's Quest[/i]. So many of my dragons could use a new gene that I felt it would be wonderful to make a story out of it and finally that time has come! This story is told through the eyes and writings of the clan treasurer, Araloz. Enjoy! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9774649] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/97747/9774649_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [i]Record #1 Huh, I will have to thank the others for getting me this journal, it will be a great help in record-keeping I can tell already. But it feels odd using a journal for just the numbers so I guess I can add something to explain the goings on and expand on where the money is coming from and going. Oh right this will probably end up in the archive so I might as well introduce myself. I am Araloz the treasurer for Clan Ghost Lights! I am actually one of the oldest members in term of seniority being the seventh to arrive, it's been so long it seems, since then, we have a staggering 79 dragons at this point of time. Recently to my surprise I've been approached by my clanmates about genes. To be specific Gene Scrolls and I've been asked to help them get the treasure needed to buy them. But it would be impossible to do them all at once and most dragons can handle the wait so we shall be doing them one at a time. The first one who approached me oddly enough was Renata, one of the clan's warriors. She has the uncommon tertiary gene of Circuit which she actually wants to replace, she is currently undecided between Spines and Gembond but hopefully when the time comes to buy it she'll have made her choice.[/i]
Welcome to this thread! This is about how my clan shall earn it's genes inspired by @Amarayne's Maldred's Quest. So many of my dragons could use a new gene that I felt it would be wonderful to make a story out of it and finally that time has come! This story is told through the eyes and writings of the clan treasurer, Araloz. Enjoy!
Record #1
Huh, I will have to thank the others for getting me this journal, it will be a great help in record-keeping I can tell already. But it feels odd using a journal for just the numbers so I guess I can add something to explain the goings on and expand on where the money is coming from and going. Oh right this will probably end up in the archive so I might as well introduce myself. I am Araloz the treasurer for Clan Ghost Lights! I am actually one of the oldest members in term of seniority being the seventh to arrive, it's been so long it seems, since then, we have a staggering 79 dragons at this point of time. Recently to my surprise I've been approached by my clanmates about genes. To be specific Gene Scrolls and I've been asked to help them get the treasure needed to buy them. But it would be impossible to do them all at once and most dragons can handle the wait so we shall be doing them one at a time. The first one who approached me oddly enough was Renata, one of the clan's warriors. She has the uncommon tertiary gene of Circuit which she actually wants to replace, she is currently undecided between Spines and Gembond but hopefully when the time comes to buy it she'll have made her choice.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
Current project: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13550174] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/135502/13550174_350.png[/img] [/url] Current gene(s) needed: Ripple/Freckle/Okapi Familiar-Shiny Residue, lvl Loyal [b]Current amount saved up:[/b] Ripple-0/? [b]Other projects occurring:[/b] Expansion fund- $0/800,000T, debt owed 0/300,000 Masonry supplies for clan runes- 50k (Currently postponed) [b]Ping list[/b](if any) [b]Other links:[/b] Clan lore: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1405338 Clan themes: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1405371 To Be Continued dragon sales that I write bios for: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1426428 Maldred's Quest by Amarayne: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1366656 Nuzlocke Headquaters: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1404334/9#post_10663215 Dragon Writer's chat(September): http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1566073/1#post_13734748
Current project:

13550174_350.png

Current gene(s) needed: Ripple/Freckle/Okapi
Familiar-Shiny Residue, lvl Loyal

Current amount saved up: Ripple-0/?

Other projects occurring:
Expansion fund- $0/800,000T, debt owed 0/300,000
Masonry supplies for clan runes- 50k (Currently postponed)

Ping list(if any)

Other links:
Clan lore: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1405338
Clan themes: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1405371
To Be Continued dragon sales that I write bios for: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1426428
Maldred's Quest by Amarayne: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1366656
Nuzlocke Headquaters: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1404334/9#post_10663215
Dragon Writer's chat(September): http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1566073/1#post_13734748
Currently I can't use Amarayne's rules so my own are posted below though donations are just as welcome. Partly because the current project(Renata) and likely next project(Harmony) are lvl 25 and while their loot will count I don't really plan on giving them treasure for surviving a battle and such. Araloz keeps the funds seperate and the expansion fund can be dipped into if need be. Currently the RNG to determine if I buy a gene right then is unneeded because Renata only needs one scroll. This entire thing ends when all the dragons needed have their genes which will probably take forever, especially since I just keep getting dragons. Wish me luck!

Oh and before I forget if you would like to donate then please send the PM to Araloz or the current project as the recipient titled to them or with (Araloz's Bane) in parenthesis. (I was originally going to call this thread that but Araloz ended up being far kinder then expected when it came to treasure, for now at least...)

Possible hoard?(only for gem genes?)

Directory:
Page 1- Records 1-7
Page 2- Records 8-17
Page 3- Records 18-26
Page 4- 27-?

Other Notes:
DONATIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!
Must begin keepign track for different familiars since I messed up before I implemented that rule.
Should I get rid of the multiple updates? So far there isn't any pings needed so I won't be bugging someone with multiple updates.

Next project-?
Currently I can't use Amarayne's rules so my own are posted below though donations are just as welcome. Partly because the current project(Renata) and likely next project(Harmony) are lvl 25 and while their loot will count I don't really plan on giving them treasure for surviving a battle and such. Araloz keeps the funds seperate and the expansion fund can be dipped into if need be. Currently the RNG to determine if I buy a gene right then is unneeded because Renata only needs one scroll. This entire thing ends when all the dragons needed have their genes which will probably take forever, especially since I just keep getting dragons. Wish me luck!

Oh and before I forget if you would like to donate then please send the PM to Araloz or the current project as the recipient titled to them or with (Araloz's Bane) in parenthesis. (I was originally going to call this thread that but Araloz ended up being far kinder then expected when it came to treasure, for now at least...)

Possible hoard?(only for gem genes?)

Directory:
Page 1- Records 1-7
Page 2- Records 8-17
Page 3- Records 18-26
Page 4- 27-?

Other Notes:
DONATIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!
Must begin keepign track for different familiars since I messed up before I implemented that rule.
Should I get rid of the multiple updates? So far there isn't any pings needed so I won't be bugging someone with multiple updates.

Next project-?
To make it easier in case that was too confusing this is how it goes:
-Any loot obtained in the Coli counts as long as the project dragon is in the party. (Eggs will be decided if I even get any.)
-Familiars are auctioned off, chest familiars go to the expansion, drop familiars go to the gene fund.
-Three-quarters of whatever Araloz gets in the Fairgrounds goes towards the gene fund, one-quarter to the expansion.
-All money from familiar chests and exalts goes towards the expansion fund with the exception of the project's familiar.
-However all money earned from bonding with the current projects' familiar goes to the gene fund.
-All money earned from gathering and the Trading Post is split between the expansion and gene fund. (Any festival currency gotten does not count.)
-Donations are wonderful. Address to Araloz or current project or put (Araloz's Bane) in title. All gifts otherwise count towards the expansion.

How it goes for gem genes:
(Iron Chests count because they can drop gems?)
(every 17,000 buy a Iron Chest?)
(Sell things for gems in teh AH?)
(Offer to trade from Hoard for gems?)
(Offer to buy gems for a fixed rate?)
To make it easier in case that was too confusing this is how it goes:
-Any loot obtained in the Coli counts as long as the project dragon is in the party. (Eggs will be decided if I even get any.)
-Familiars are auctioned off, chest familiars go to the expansion, drop familiars go to the gene fund.
-Three-quarters of whatever Araloz gets in the Fairgrounds goes towards the gene fund, one-quarter to the expansion.
-All money from familiar chests and exalts goes towards the expansion fund with the exception of the project's familiar.
-However all money earned from bonding with the current projects' familiar goes to the gene fund.
-All money earned from gathering and the Trading Post is split between the expansion and gene fund. (Any festival currency gotten does not count.)
-Donations are wonderful. Address to Araloz or current project or put (Araloz's Bane) in title. All gifts otherwise count towards the expansion.

How it goes for gem genes:
(Iron Chests count because they can drop gems?)
(every 17,000 buy a Iron Chest?)
(Sell things for gems in teh AH?)
(Offer to trade from Hoard for gems?)
(Offer to buy gems for a fixed rate?)
Record #2
Today is the eleventh day of Brightshine and I haven't even left for the Fairgrounds yet but a most surprising thing has happened! Harmony, Renata's battle partner has come to me with his own request for genes, as far as I can tell he has no idea she has asked and I believe he doesn't either. Oh if what I believe is going on is truly happening then Fantasma owes me so much treasure! Regardless, I had to tell him that his request would have to wait until the first request was done, no names said of course. I've also sent the requested boon to the clan of Amarayne after all it's the rumors of that Mirror's quest that started this whole thing in the first place but I really can't complain, it's livening things up around here after the mad rush to get everything ready from Fantasma's return from her nesting trip. The upcoming Jubilee is also starting a stir in the clan and apparently the ghost is in quite the good mood. My, my what a clan I have found but putting that aside I must hurry to the Fairgrounds! Ah I can already hear the Shock Switch calling my name, reminds me of what it was like back in the Carrion Canyon.

Treasure earned: 0
Record #2
Today is the eleventh day of Brightshine and I haven't even left for the Fairgrounds yet but a most surprising thing has happened! Harmony, Renata's battle partner has come to me with his own request for genes, as far as I can tell he has no idea she has asked and I believe he doesn't either. Oh if what I believe is going on is truly happening then Fantasma owes me so much treasure! Regardless, I had to tell him that his request would have to wait until the first request was done, no names said of course. I've also sent the requested boon to the clan of Amarayne after all it's the rumors of that Mirror's quest that started this whole thing in the first place but I really can't complain, it's livening things up around here after the mad rush to get everything ready from Fantasma's return from her nesting trip. The upcoming Jubilee is also starting a stir in the clan and apparently the ghost is in quite the good mood. My, my what a clan I have found but putting that aside I must hurry to the Fairgrounds! Ah I can already hear the Shock Switch calling my name, reminds me of what it was like back in the Carrion Canyon.

Treasure earned: 0
Record #3
Continuation of #2
Well...that was...unexpected. Lahan, on of our newer clanmates just rushed in here and grabbed the 15,000T I had and rushed out, shouting something about Bonsais. What in the name of the Stormcatcher? Well back to the Fairgrounds for me I guess.

Treasure earned: 16,012->1012
Record #3
Continuation of #2
Well...that was...unexpected. Lahan, on of our newer clanmates just rushed in here and grabbed the 15,000T I had and rushed out, shouting something about Bonsais. What in the name of the Stormcatcher? Well back to the Fairgrounds for me I guess.

Treasure earned: 16,012->1012
Record #4
Continuation of #3
Much better I actually earned some cash! Renata hasn't returned from the Coliseum yet but I'm not worried, she'll be fine. In exchange for some supplies out of our hoard we were also given a chest! Out of it came 1,190 dollars which will go to the expansion fund on top of the 439T we already had for it. Huh writing this all down will be harder then I thought but for today most of the treasure came from the Fairgrounds. 8975+853+6711+86+127=16,752 which divided into four is 4,188+1,629=5,817T for the expansion and 12,564+759=13,323 for the genes! Tomorrow is going to be a riot with all the new familiars I can already tell. There's still some time on the Fairgrounds but even I can only go so long and I'm not that far off from the limit so I can leave it be. I think I'll go curl up with Acidstorm for awhile, as much as love Shock Switch the jolts I get from it can get tiresome.

Total Treasure earned: 19,140T on 6/11/15 from the Fairgrounds.
Record #4
Continuation of #3
Much better I actually earned some cash! Renata hasn't returned from the Coliseum yet but I'm not worried, she'll be fine. In exchange for some supplies out of our hoard we were also given a chest! Out of it came 1,190 dollars which will go to the expansion fund on top of the 439T we already had for it. Huh writing this all down will be harder then I thought but for today most of the treasure came from the Fairgrounds. 8975+853+6711+86+127=16,752 which divided into four is 4,188+1,629=5,817T for the expansion and 12,564+759=13,323 for the genes! Tomorrow is going to be a riot with all the new familiars I can already tell. There's still some time on the Fairgrounds but even I can only go so long and I'm not that far off from the limit so I can leave it be. I think I'll go curl up with Acidstorm for awhile, as much as love Shock Switch the jolts I get from it can get tiresome.

Total Treasure earned: 19,140T on 6/11/15 from the Fairgrounds.
Record #5
Continuation of #4
Not as good a haul as usual but they did have a late start and came home early. They had had fun in the Boreal Wood I could see, it was fast becoming their favorite area. They had taken a detour into the Rainsong Jungle but had been chased out by hoards with Sinclair injured, she seems fine now but I know her getting hurt, hurts them as well, hopefully soon she'll be back to her full power and can take some of the heat off but with the way she guards the hatchlings I think she'll eventually retire and become the great nest guard we all know she could be. But anyway I then went through the loot and took anything we absolutely needed but I considered it fair trade since I also gave them the useless things I'd been hoarding. The total would probably have been higher but Feyn was uneasy about our food stores and commandeered all the insects and seafood. can't really tell him off for it though and none of them seemed to mind. At least all of it is going towards her gene.

Treasure earned in Coli: 5,606
Overall daily earning: 24,761
Record #5
Continuation of #4
Not as good a haul as usual but they did have a late start and came home early. They had had fun in the Boreal Wood I could see, it was fast becoming their favorite area. They had taken a detour into the Rainsong Jungle but had been chased out by hoards with Sinclair injured, she seems fine now but I know her getting hurt, hurts them as well, hopefully soon she'll be back to her full power and can take some of the heat off but with the way she guards the hatchlings I think she'll eventually retire and become the great nest guard we all know she could be. But anyway I then went through the loot and took anything we absolutely needed but I considered it fair trade since I also gave them the useless things I'd been hoarding. The total would probably have been higher but Feyn was uneasy about our food stores and commandeered all the insects and seafood. can't really tell him off for it though and none of them seemed to mind. At least all of it is going towards her gene.

Treasure earned in Coli: 5,606
Overall daily earning: 24,761
Record #6
Ah the start of a brand new day! Today was a larger haul then usual since the familiars somehow found several chests and gifted them to us. Most of it is going to the expansion fund which isn't a problem since the price is about double the gene fund, it needs all the help it can get. So calculating everything so far ends up with 4,025 being added to the gene fund and 41,349 for the expansion. We also bagged several gems but those don't add towards either fund at the moment. Though given Harmony's request it's better I save now to get a head start. I haven't been sleeping all that well so I'll probably curl back up for awhile, I know Renata, Harmony and SInclair are setting out early for the Wood so I won't worry too much on getting to the Fairgrounds just yet.

Total earned: 45,374
Record #6
Ah the start of a brand new day! Today was a larger haul then usual since the familiars somehow found several chests and gifted them to us. Most of it is going to the expansion fund which isn't a problem since the price is about double the gene fund, it needs all the help it can get. So calculating everything so far ends up with 4,025 being added to the gene fund and 41,349 for the expansion. We also bagged several gems but those don't add towards either fund at the moment. Though given Harmony's request it's better I save now to get a head start. I haven't been sleeping all that well so I'll probably curl back up for awhile, I know Renata, Harmony and SInclair are setting out early for the Wood so I won't worry too much on getting to the Fairgrounds just yet.

Total earned: 45,374
Record #7
Continuation of #6
Oh Renata is not happy, SInclair is even less happy and Harmony is furious which is the worst. Then again when you find a lost hatchling in the wood about to killed by a Longneck Hunter anybody would angry. I swear the only Longnecks that we ever get along with are the two Sage and Domhnulls' and that is only because they are pacifists. When they returned they threw the defeated thing right at Dawn and told her to get rid of it. Seso isn't particularly happy but he's staying silent, he still remembers the Skirmisher. The supplies to help the hatchlings cost 4k out of the expansion fund but it's alright since the hatchling seems to already be bouncing back. She also seems to hero-worship the three for saving her. Oddly enough she has chosen to call herself Customer after hearing the word from Gellok. Well if it makes her happy...Renata and the others are going back out soon to continue.

Money earned: -4000, loot uncounted so far.
Record #7
Continuation of #6
Oh Renata is not happy, SInclair is even less happy and Harmony is furious which is the worst. Then again when you find a lost hatchling in the wood about to killed by a Longneck Hunter anybody would angry. I swear the only Longnecks that we ever get along with are the two Sage and Domhnulls' and that is only because they are pacifists. When they returned they threw the defeated thing right at Dawn and told her to get rid of it. Seso isn't particularly happy but he's staying silent, he still remembers the Skirmisher. The supplies to help the hatchlings cost 4k out of the expansion fund but it's alright since the hatchling seems to already be bouncing back. She also seems to hero-worship the three for saving her. Oddly enough she has chosen to call herself Customer after hearing the word from Gellok. Well if it makes her happy...Renata and the others are going back out soon to continue.

Money earned: -4000, loot uncounted so far.
1 2 3 4