Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Elemental Cults (WIP)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
First, let me apologize to those about to be pinged again. I hate that I am forcing those who have contributed to this idea to jump from one topic to another simply to keep up with this. For those who have contributed and are tired of following/contributing, we completely understand.

Second, you will note that this has been split into one additional post. This is to allow this first post to be updated individually should we feel it necessary to add a notice of some sort without disrupting the main idea post.

And third, I would like to apologize to those in the Suggestions forum. Everyone who posted in the suggestion version, during its short life, showed why this is nothing more than something to talk about; It will not come to pass with everything that is presently in place. Hopefully, when this version is finished, it may gain a bit of support.

With that, let's try this again

As stated many times before doctorlecter is having a hard time keeping up. We decided that I take over so updates can be done faster. With how this has evolved, we initially felt it was best to take it off of Discussions and put it into Suggestions, but with the feedback obtained we have moved this back to Discussion so things can try to continue.

This concept has drastically evolved thanks to work from Seawings, with the mentioned flights (Spirit, Void and Time) transforming into cults. The 2nd post will be updated as things come along.

Started originally by doctorlecter on Apr 13, 2015 08:08:40 in the FR Discussion. It's come quite a long way.
First, let me apologize to those about to be pinged again. I hate that I am forcing those who have contributed to this idea to jump from one topic to another simply to keep up with this. For those who have contributed and are tired of following/contributing, we completely understand.

Second, you will note that this has been split into one additional post. This is to allow this first post to be updated individually should we feel it necessary to add a notice of some sort without disrupting the main idea post.

And third, I would like to apologize to those in the Suggestions forum. Everyone who posted in the suggestion version, during its short life, showed why this is nothing more than something to talk about; It will not come to pass with everything that is presently in place. Hopefully, when this version is finished, it may gain a bit of support.

With that, let's try this again

As stated many times before doctorlecter is having a hard time keeping up. We decided that I take over so updates can be done faster. With how this has evolved, we initially felt it was best to take it off of Discussions and put it into Suggestions, but with the feedback obtained we have moved this back to Discussion so things can try to continue.

This concept has drastically evolved thanks to work from Seawings, with the mentioned flights (Spirit, Void and Time) transforming into cults. The 2nd post will be updated as things come along.

Started originally by doctorlecter on Apr 13, 2015 08:08:40 in the FR Discussion. It's come quite a long way.
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
[center] So, doctorlecter and I were just brainstorming on skype, and the former got some ideas regarding Void flight. Mainly the deity that it could have. However, with Seawings, things have undergone a complete rework and taken a pretty serious shift in terms of major pieces. [quote name="Seawings" date=2015-06-09 00:34:58] ALL RIGHTY. I got me some floaty ideas in my brain head thing since this was mentioned in the Light Flight chat and I've had all day to mull over it. Via a combination of lore and logistics, I've come to the conclusion that these three "gods" are merely demigods and that the dragons that would follow them would not be considered a proper Flight, but rather a cult of sorts, as their "gods" are not strong enough to affect their territory in the same deeply magical way that the true gods can (i.e. they aren't strong enough to affect the element and eye color of hatchlings born from a nest in their territory). Their lesser power and status as demigods would be a result of being the creation of only one God, rather than from the raw power bursts that come from the clashing of two or more (of the sort that most of the other gods were formed from) or a massive cataclysmic event such as the coalescing of pure and raw magic that created the Arcanist and that triggered the birth of the Plaguebringer and Gladekeeper. Furthermore, I believe that only the Arcanist could have "created" a demigod alone, as magic in its purest form is his purview and carries the ability to warp reality - as all of the descriptions of the Arcane realm and the creatures and dragons within seem to indicate. Arcane magic is well known to go awry, or achieve what was desired in unexpected ways. The excess and stray magics from the Arcanist's experiment could very well have given life beyond what he had intended. However, he still only has the power of a single God, so I doubt they would be more than demigods, and unable to create a true elemental Flight. Thus, their followers would be more a cult. With this in mind, there'd be no reason for Flight holidays, since they are not, can not, and never would be proper Flights. They'd make for cool lore, games and special items though. ADDITIONALLY: Y'all don't have to follow the same naming conventions as most of the gods. These were created by The Arcanist, AKA the only one that doesn't follow the same naming formula, so why not mix it up with related names? Also, I vote to keep Voidwalker anyway, because it sounds better. "Voidshifter" seems a little... unrelated? She doesn't have anything about shapeshifting in her lore, as far as I can tell. Though... Hm. The Voidshifter, having some of the Shade in her, could perhaps be behind the Shadetouched Beastclans and dragons. And lord knows enough people have Shade Cult dragons and Shadetouched dragons. But Beastclan don't touch dragons, so she may have had to approach them in other forms. Food for thought. Anyway, back to names. An alternate title for the Voidshifter could be The Shattered, what with her initially theorized appearance. The Timekeeper? The Eternal, maybe. The Soulguard is the coolest one I can think of for Spirit, with The Guide as a second option. I don't think these are great, tbh, but maybe it'll help someone else come up with things that roll off the tongue a little better. [/quote] So instead of Spirit, Time and Void being flights, they're cults of certain elements (Wind, Arcane and Ice respectively). This got me thinking...what if every flight had a cult? Seawings actually proved this to be plausable and playable with what we have element-wise in Runestones of the Arcanist. So here's how this works: Each cult has it's own Demigod, with the below element being the God element=Demigod element relation: Earth=Pillar Fire=Metal Wind=Spirit Water=Mind Shadow=Spiral Ice=Void Lightning=Cloud Light=Truth Nature=Life Plague=Blood Arcane=Time Here's why this could actually be spun in: -Since we're dealing with cults, which can never become actually Flights, the additional Flights problem is addressed (This was stated by Seawings, but it makes sense to state it here too). -Since they're cults they can't have Holidays, thus removing the "additional holiday" problem. -Since each element is essentially a sub-version of the main element, the elemental advantages/disadvantages don't change. All of those problems are addressed in one move. What's more, the cults could be discoverable when Adventure comes out, thus giving the Flight Rising crew time to at least create a rough draft of how they would be found (Their discovery obviously wouldn't happen until everything was hammered out). In order for this to work, we obviously need to answer the following: How did these demigods come to be? Playing off what Seawings said (plus the original idea), they're created in an accident by the Arcanist. (From the original thread) [quote]So the Arcanist has gained an interest in the concept of Time and, obsessed to know, he creates a spell that will give time a literal physical form in the form of a wyrm so he can question it. Upon conducting the spell, part of the energy seeps into the earth and causes the power of all the spirits that have passed (including those in the 2nd age) to whirl together and ultimately create the Spiritwatcher. Since he comes from pieces of the Beastclans, and we see they had hair, it makes sense that he'd have hair. Meanwhile, the spell also ascends up into space. It bends Space-Time up in space, causing a small piece of the energy to warp into the Voidshifter. However, before the Voidshifter has completed forming herself, a piece of the Shade fuses into her. This makes her a physical incarnation of space-time PLUS the Shade. Yea, the Shade is now part of a deity!! Upon successfully creating what he desired, he watches as the one named the Timeholder opens her eyes and looks at him in confusion. Instantly he begins asking her things that he wants to know - completely ignoring a proper introduction - and what he ends up with is the Timeholder deeming him unworthy of her knowledge about Time. With that she leaves to establish her place on Sornieth. --Newly added-- Realizing that things didn't go the way he had planned, he decided to go through with a plan that he had been working on for centuries: Reconstruct the Pillar of the World as best he can (without putting the deities into it, of chorse) as a way of saying "I'm sorry for what happened" to Earthshaker. The Earthshaker watches with joy as the Arcanist puts it back together as best he can, resulting in an extremely crude reconstruction (only a very small piece of each emblem is present on each level). Pleased, the Earthshaker thanks the Arcanist for his work. But, as they're talking, a small piece of the reconstructed pillar breaks off and floats away. This ultimately becomes The Monolith. Later on, the Aranist becomes concerned for Stormcatcher's equipment, as he has heard that it has not been working to par despite continuous repaird. The Arcanist arrives and uses a spell to place it in a state where his "employees" can pick things up. The spell, however, also affected the storm clouds over Stormcatcher's domain. A portion near the sea to the south break off and turn into more normal clouds. It is through these clouds that The Skyrider is born -Still need ideas for Metal, Mind, Spiral, Truth and Life- On his way back to the Observatory, an angry Plaguebringer (angry because everyone - including her sister - wound up with something created by the one of Arcane...be it directly or indirectly) calls down the Arcanist. Not wanting to get on her bad side, the Arcanist agrees and descends down into the lands of Plague. Plaguebringer expressed her frustration and demands that he help her create a new virus so powerful that it would bring all of the other domains, besides her own and his (he is helping after all), to their knees. Realizing she's serious due to the tone of her voice and the way she glares at him, the Arcanist begins a spell that involves using the contents of the Wyrmwound to create the new virus. Once completed, however, the strand attacks one of Plaguebringer's greatest followers. This ends up creating the Bloodletter. Realizing that the Arcanist had ended up created a demigod for her, she decides to let the Arcanist slide on the virus and allows him to return to the Starfall Isles unscathed. The Spiritwatcher, Voidshifter, Timeholder and Ironwill make their way to the island. They ultimately discover each other and, wanting to be different from the Flights they came from, create a truce. It is only after the Spiritwatcher establishes himself that Voidshifter, Timeholder and Ironwill come to discover the power of Wind flows from him, somewhat explaining his relaxed and protective view of things. With all the cults established, they now wait for those who will join them. [/quote] So this now raises a valid question: What exactly is the benefit of the cults? Why even have them in the first place? After all, it's going to take up room on the servers, so there has to be a legit reason to have them. With the work that @Rookery helped to put together, this may have been solved. Many people have been asked the "If you could be part of a second flight, which would you join?" question (I believe there was a forum that's buried that asked that), and I have seen some interesting answers. What if the cults acted as this second lair? The lair would start off somewhat fresh (5 spots compared to 10. You pay for the 5) and max out at 50 (the number of spots that you need to obtain the Mighty Lair rank. Remember that this is a cult, and cults are small, so...yea. If people feel that there should be more, feel free to say so). You'd also start with 1 nest (as compared to the 2 with a Flight) and max at 3 (again, cults are small). Once you open up the first 5 spots, you'd select 2 dragons to "keep watch" (2 seems reasonable, and that would be the minimum needed to have the cult lair. I guess you could consider them the founders of the cult). You'd be able to transfer dragons back and forth between the cult lair and main lair for a small amount of treasure (or gems. Up for debate). This lair would allow additional lair room for a player, a second eye colour (If someone in Plague joined the Truth cult they'd be able to have Plague element and Light element eyes. See the nests area for more detail. Great for breeders), and...if nothing else...could be used for a player's own lore. It could even be used for the Nuzzlock challenge without affecting your main lair. This kind off becomes an additional treasure sink that you can use for your own RPs (using the above, a player from the Plague flight enters the Truth cult and has 5 dragons enter the cult lair. With the lore, they establish their land and deem themselves fleeing from Plaguebringer's ways, but, in reality, they entered to spread an infection in Lightweaver's domain. Unbeknownst to those who are present within the lair, however, one within the cult become influence by the ways of Truth and Light and adds a few more dragons to the lair on "good intentions" before finally rebelling and driving the other 4 dragons back to the Plague lair. The one dragon and his new allies then begin fortifying their chosen cult land. At that point, it's the player's Plague Flight clan "fighting" their Truth Cult clan). If the cults had forums (not 100% sure on that), I'm pretty sure they would have their own so that someone couldn't drop in on another flight's plans for anything. Players could them "blend" aspects of their respective flights together to make the cult unique. Summarized: It's an additional lair that a player can use to store dragons, breed, and play lore with [b][i]on the same account[/i][/b]. I think that's a pretty nice plus to everyone. In terms of joining, I'm thinking the Admin would make a page accessible through the announcements. Similar to joining the flights when you start the game, you'll be taken to a screen that has the emblem of each of the cults. Clicking on an emblem will give you more information about each of the cults, and when you officially decide you'll get something like "You have chosen to join the -insert cut element-. This selection cannot be changed" -> "The -Demigod- has accepted you into their cult. They have chosen the land for your dragons to establish themselves". Once you select the cult you'll be taken to a page where you'll select the dragons that will be moved over to the cult lair. Once you establish the cult, there's obviously getting to the cult. We would be placing it under "Clan" on the column to the left, more than likely between "Clan Profile" and "Hoard". There would "Cult Lair", "Cult Nests" and "Cult Profile" (on the fence with the last one). Gathering probably wouldn't change unless we wanted to gather on the island where Spirit, Mind, Void and Time are...in which case I'm open to suggestions. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Next is the Nests. Things are pretty straightforward here: The nests are virtually identical. Maybe a few small changes. This is open to discussion, and I'm completely fine with keeping the original nests if desired. I would simply like to allow people to try and tell cult nests apart from Flight nests. Another thing to note is that dragons that hatch from the cult nests will be the respective Flight element. So...for example...dragons hatched from Blood nests will be a Plague element / dragons hatched from a Truth nest will be a Light element. (Note to eternalstar: I still have the URL to the Time nest you drew. If people feel like changes should be made to make the cult nests unique, I'll fall back on what you drew) Pillar: -Nothing at the moment- Metal: -Maybe a metal version of the Fire nest? (Nest and Eggs are of the same design, but they have a metal look to them. The "magma" of the nest would be liquid metal) Spirit: More than likely Winds nests, but with a foggy look to them. Mind: -Nothing at the moment- Spiral: -Nothing at the moment- Void: Dark-colored Ice nest. Eggs have a "black hole" in the center of them. Cloud: -Nothing at the moment- Truth: -Nothing at the moment- Life: -Nothing at the moment- Blood: [quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date=2015-07-08 11:28:41] for the nest maybe, similair to a plague nest but instead of green goop/eggs they're red/redish/pink ?[/quote] ^-seems like a good angle. Time: We'd still be using the Arcane nest in some fashion (the eggs may be floating, and we may have a similar appearance to allow for easy re-coloring). We could still use part of what eternalstar created, though: The eggs [quote name="eternalstar" date=2015-06-04 18:00:54] [quote name="eternalstar" date=2015-06-04 13:58:47] i was actually thinking of a time flight last week, holy cow the time nest could be the base of a crumbled tower and the eggs could look like clocks, maybe? idk [/quote] i drew concept art for the time nest... :D [img]http://i62.tinypic.com/k4h443.png[/img] according to some time dragons, the clock markings on the eggs mark the time the egg was laid... [/quote] Eggs with clock markings that are floating. There's an interesting one... -=--=--=-=-=-=-=--=-=-= Another thing to consider: Let's say the cults were introduced with the addition of the 30 lair slots that were introduced a few days ago. The logical thing is to have 145 in the lair and 30 in the cult (as stated, you pay to have the first 5 spots opened to you, and then you pay to have the 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 opened). Why pay to have them opened? Obviously it's a treasure sink, but what if a player wants to join a cult and not have any dragons in it just yet? Or they just want a small amount of space in the cult (say the starting 5 slots)? The said 30 could be spread out between the Main lair and cult lair. So you could have: 145 lair/30 cult 150 lair/25 cult 155 lair/20 cult 160 lair/15 cult 165 lair/10 cult 170 lair/05 cult 175 lair/00 cult <-add space to the cult at a later date. It provides much greater flexibility. Choose carefully, though, as the location you choose to expand in is permanent. So, if you did the "175 lair/00 cult" option, you'd have to wait until the next lair expansion comes along to give your cult any room for your dragons to work with. Reminder: Joining a cult is optional. If you don't want to be in a cult, you don't have to be. That be the case, the above example would have the additional lair space go towards the player's lair. -=-=-=-=-=-=- As per dominance, I'm thinking it may not be best to have dragons exalted to the demigod. The dragons that the demigod has "exalted to them" could be part of a player's lore. If people think you should be able to exalt to them, we'd use the system that we have for the progenitor where they don't could. Also, being in a cult does not yield you getting stuff if the Flight the cult belongs to gains dominance. Having dominance bonuses potentially stack for players wouldn't be viewed as fair. -=--=--=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Now, Runes. This is going to be fun. So each cult would have the rune from Runestones of the Arcanist. Void, however, would have Chaos' rune. I feel like Void is a generally better name for such a dark-looking flight, and so that is why. -=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-===========--=- Now, on to the Demigods, their gender, their appearance and body color. All of them have to have their names redone since, if we are to make the something actually plugged into the site, we can't have names that are already taken. Some I believe I have found fair replacements for. Named that still need work are in red... [quote=The Monolith] Name: [color=red]The Monolith[/color] (potential replacement: The Menhir?) Gender: Male Element: Pillar Eye Color: Same as Earth Body Color Slate/Beige/Soil Apperance: Transformed Snapper? (WIP) Personality: [quote name="wesleydog" date=2015-07-27 07:43:26] The Monolith - Like Earth dragons, the Monolith is sentimental and reveres rituals and rites of passage above all other methods of worship. He is most pleased when his subjects hold religious ceremonies. Some would consider the Monolith to be primitive because he is simple-minded and old fashioned. He has a limited sense of etiquette and will often push his boundaries. Even so, many dragons believe him to be charming and attractive.[/quote] [quote name="Suncatcher" date=2015-07-01 15:19:57] I apologise; for some reason, I'm only seeing this thread now. I hadn't realised it was turned into an "Elemental Cults" sort of thing. Which is a really interesting idea! Since I'm in Earth Flight, I'd very much like to write up some ideas about The Monolith. I'll take the time to read through everything in more detail when I get the chance, and then I'll start writing up ideas. [/quote] [/quote] [quote=The Forger] Name: [color=red]The Forger[/color] Gender: Male Element: Metal Eye Color: Same as Fire Body Color: Platinum/Silver/Rust Apperance: Transformed Coatl [quote name="wesleydog" date=2015-07-27 07:43:26] The Forger - He is similar in appearance to a very large Coatl. He looks as though he himself has been crafted in the hearth. Instead of the feather/wing-like projections normally on Coatl's temples, he has flames. His arms are muscular from his hours of labor. His tail is bent, perhaps due to a blacksmith-related accident. He carries a large anvil engraved with a letter 'L.'[/quote] Personality: The Forger is serious about creating metal works of art. Essentially, he has become competition for Flamecaller, so I imagine they would be similar to each other. [quote name="wesleydog" date=2015-07-27 07:43:26] The Forger - The Forger is a determined, hardworking demigod who has dedicated his life to creating practical metal works of art he has forged in fire. He believes that rest is for the weak and often pushes himself and his followers too hard. He believes in putting forth high-quality work and is a perfectionist. He's never lazy and has an extremely competitive edge to him, especially towards the Flamecaller.[/quote] [/quote] [quote=The Spiritwatcher] Name: [color=red]The Spiritwatcher[/color] Gender: Male Element: Spirit Eye Color: Same as Wind Body Color: Thistle/Maize/Gold Apperance: Shoulder-length Ivory hair, with bangs of hair coming down to just above his eyes. Ivory mane from back of head down spine to end of tail Build is supposedly something similar to Flamecaller. There would be some fur along the wings, though, similar to what we see with the Tundra but a little less. As to pose...It would either be him "flying" towards the right, with him leaned down some so you can see his back, or him facing left in a somewhat standing position with his tail coming out some and the tip pressing against his left foot (almost like what we see with the female pearlcatcher, except he's on his feet). Personality: Spiritwatcher is very observant and protective of those who serve him. He is generally calm but can become fierce at the drop of a feather. [/quote] [quote=The Ironwill] Name: [color=red]The Ironwill[/color] Gender: Female Element: Mind Eye Color: Same as Water Body Color: Steel/Silver/Platinum??? Apperance: Transformed Guardian? (WIP) Personality: Ironwill is determined to push her followers boundaries and see where their limits lie. She then tries to push them and break those limits. Essentially she tries to make everyone become more then they presently are. [/quote] [quote=The Pathtwister] Name: The Pathtwister Gender: Male Element: Spiral Eye Color: Same as Shadow Body Color: Royal/Mulberry/Purple??? Apperance: Transformed Spiral [quote name="wesleydog" date=2015-07-27 07:43:26] Pathtwister - He is a very large spiral with dark colors. His horns are larger than those of regular spirals and are bent in the shape of lightning. His body is covered in a maze-like pattern, similar to a combination of the smoke and circuit genes. He always looks as though he is up to no good.[/quote] Personality: I guess essentially a male personality of Shadowbinder? [quote name="wesleydog" date=2015-07-27 07:43:26] The Pathtwister - The Pathtwister is erratic and mysterious. He often makes life-altering choices without thinking twice. He prefers to stay in the shadows and despises the light; many dragons even believe that he is nocturnal. The Pathtwister's favorite thing is mazes; he loves to create intricate puzzles. He often speaks in riddles and is altogether a shady figure and a strange demigod. He is very protective of his followers.[/quote] [/quote] [quote=The Riftshatterer] Name: The Riftshatterer (Nickname: The Voidshifter) Gender: Female Element: Void Eye Color: Same as Ice Body Color: Obsidian/Obsidian/Midnight Apperance: [quote=doctorlecter]When it comes to body type, i feel that the Voidshifter would look to be a rather warped being. Much more slender than that of the other deities. Almost deathly bony. Maybe even with parts of her broken up, if that makes sense? Sectioned off, in a way, but still floating in kinda alignment on her where it's meant to be. Kind of like the separated pieces in this accent. [skin=6854] Perhaps even some smoke to fill the void between her separated parts like that. [/quote] Whenever I look at her, I see Riftshatterer looking straight at the viewer. You can make out her head, her left arm and leg, her right wing and a piece of her tail, but everything else seems distorted. Personality: [quote name="wesleydog" date=2015-07-27 07:43:26] Voidshifter - She represents emptiness and despair; nothingness. She is often contradicting herself because of her conflicting emotions. Some call her creepy, while others call her whimsical. It is agreed that mentally, she's "not quite all there." She struggles to control the Shade infused in her, sometimes having outbursts. She will oppress her followers, then save them from herself. She prefers seclusion; it reminds her of the Void she is god to. She is hopeful, but not expectant, and she represents everything and everyone that has been forgotten.[/quote] [/quote] [quote=The Skyrider] Name: [color=red]The Skyrider[/color] Gender: Female Element: Cloud Eye Color: Same as Lightning Body Color: White/Maize/Seafoam Apperance: Similar to that of a Skydancer, but she has a fluffy look to her. Personality: [i]Draft[/i] [quote=doctorlecter]Judge The Skyrider simply by looks, and one would say she's the loving Windsinger...and thus an opposite of The Stormcatcher. This, however, is only true to the elite of her cult. To all others, The Skyrider has a more menacing edge and "loud personality", and isn't as fluffy, cute or cloud-like as one might expect her to be, and if you see those piercing teal eyes looking at you through the clouds, you'd better run for your life. Very rarely does she leave her home, but when she does you'll regret it. The most concerning part is the members of her cult. They are the ones that roam the world more than she, and take her orders to gather or take whatever she may need...regardless of the consequences.[/quote] [/quote] [quote=The Perceiver] Name: The Perceiver (Nicknane: The Knower) Gender: Male Element: Truth Eye Color: Same as Light Body Color: Ivory/Maize/Gold Apperance: Transformed Pearlcatcher Personality: [quote name="wesleydog" date=2015-07-27 07:43:26] Knower - Extremely detail-oriented, the Knower is very intelligent, nit-picky, and neat. As the demigod of Truth, Know is omniscient and can pick apart any lie from the truth. He has a rage towards deceit and a love for integrity. He tolerates no unworthiness in his worshippers, but it loyal and affectionate towards the righteous among them.[/quote] [/quote] [quote=The Lifeworker] Name: [color=red]The Lifeworker[/color] Gender: Female Element: Life Eye Color: Same as Nature Body Color: Avocado/Forest/Leaf Apperance: Transformed Wildclaw?? Personality: She enjoys helping to take care of others. Probably like Gladekeeper [quote name="wesleydog" date=2015-07-27 07:43:26] Lifeworker - The Lifeworker admires life in all of its forms. She is in an infant's first breath and the flashback just before a young Mirror blacks out. She is in the breeze that blows through the flowers and the twinkling trees of the Starwood Strand at night. She is nurturing, but believes she is superior to the Gladekeeper because she is the god of the life that she tends to.[/quote] [/quote] [quote=The The Bleedclawer] Name: The Bleedclawer (Nickname: The Bloodletter) Gender: Female Element: Blood Eye Color: Same as Plague Body Color: Blood/Blood/Blood Apperance: Transformed Mirror? Personality: Bleedclawer is a [i]very violent one[/i]. Seriously, this cannot be stressed enough. She prowls the Plaguebringer's territory to keep her clans on their toes. Those that let their guard down tend to vanish without notice. [/quote] ^-SporkLord will be assisting with her [quote=The Timeclencher] Name: The Timeclencher Gender: Female Element: Time Eye Color: Same as Arcane Body Color: Beige/Sand/Rust And as for Timeholder's build, maybe something similar to Flamecaller, with metal pieces covering various portions of the body (similar to the steampunk apparel we have). For instance, the steampunk wings. The only part that would be different on Timeholder would be the "feather" part of it. In that case it actually goes down the bones of the wings to the wingtips. The metal on the chest guard would be simple metal with maybe a few gear symbols on it. The spats and gloves would essentially be the same Pretty sure she wouldn't have the Goggles or Scarf Maybe she'd possess something like the tail bauble? [quote name="Artorias" date=2015-05-14 09:26:21] I imagine the Timeholder would have a very sleek and sharp, more like metal than actual flesh, or perhaps flesh augmented with coils and gears. Her voice sounds like the rustle of autumn leaves as they cascade to the ground and herald the changing seasons; like the hiss of sand from countless hourglasses, counting down the lives of every living creature in Sornieth.[/quote] Personality: [quote name="wesleydog" date=2015-07-27 07:43:26] Timeholder - The Timeholder is utterly magical. Many look up to her for her strong sense of self and her astounding elegance. She believes that time governs the life of all;it is utterly uncontrollable and utterly beautiful. It cannot be seen or touched. The Timeholder is a bit old-fashioned; some would consider her style to be 'steampunk.' Despite her beauty and many admirers, her greatest downfall is her arrogance. She believes that she is superior to all others and is certainly entitled.[/quote] [/quote] -=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-===========--=- Now on to the "Domains" that each Demigod holds. Interesting facts with this: -They still have a region (Like the original drafts of the Soulfort Cove, Clocktower Front and The Warped Realm), but there's only one subregion. Yes, this does make things a little dull when expanding the lair, but...as stated a few paragraphs up...a cult isn't very large so...yea. (May be revised to have 2 if enough people want a "move to" like how we have with the domains) -The large island that Spirit, Mind, Time and Void reside on is shrouded in a mist that emanates from Spirit's region. This makes the island harder to find when we first go and look for it in Adventure. Once the island is found, the mist will add a "mysterious" feel to the island. Also, since they hold land on the island, for the moment I consider those "domains", hence the remaining descriptions. -Since Spirit and Mind reside within the same location, they have been somewhat merged. -The cults that are already within the borders of a domain will simply have a sentence added to account for them, as well as a row for them in the more detailed domain descriptions. Essentially the following: Lesser Lair Greater Lair Venerable Lair Ancient Lair Cult Region This seems pretty simple to spin in... You will also note that a fair portion of this area is not complete, so feel free to throw your own ideas in. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Pillar Demigod name: The Monolith (Male) Cult Location: In the center of the Shattered Plains [b]Description on World Map[/b]: >>Included in revised Earth description<< [quote] The Earth Dragons of Dragonhome are monument builders. They prefer the consistency and eternal memory of the stone they shape. Of all the dragons, Earth Dragons revere their ancestors the most fervently, and remember the most about the first age. The Pillar cult takes particular care to recall the god's battles against the Shade, preparing for its return. Gemstones are their favored treasures. [/quote] [i]Cult Region: The Anchor of the World[/i] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Metal Demigod: the Forger (Male) Cult Location: The two stone "islands" beyond the "Lava Waterfall". [b]Description on World Map[/b]: >>Included in revised Fire description<< [quote] The Fire Dragons of The Ashfall Waste are metalworkers. They prefer to be as passionate and intense as the flames they coax. Of all the dragons, Fire Dragons are the most temperamental, and their red-hot fury knows no peers. The Metal cult puts this to the test by creating fierce competition. Rare metal ores, weapons, statues and tools are their favored treasures. [/quote] [i][color=red]Cult Region: The Armored Acropolis[/color][/i] -=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=--=-=- Spirit/Mind Demigod Name: Spiritwatcher (male)/The Ironwilled (Female) Region Name: [b]Soulfort Cove[/b] Region Location: On the southern part of the new island, facing Ice and Wind. [b]Description on World Map[/b]: The Spirit and Mind cults of the Sourfort Cove are decisive defenders. They prefer to keep careful watch over others while remaining almost invisible. Of all the cults, the Spirit cult is the most protective, ensuring the safety of their friends and family through whatever means they feel are necessary. The Mind cult is the most determined, believing that failure is a great dishonour to ones self. Weapons and Armor are the Spirit cult's favoured treasure. ?? are the Mind cult's favoured treasure. [b]Description in Region & Cult-Regions[/b]: Believed to be a cliff face with a wonderful lake that was broken open due to fighting between Ice and Wind, this mass of land holds one of the strangest places one can physically stumble upon: the remains of a large and tall stone structure built upon the side of a small mountain, with wooden structures built close by in a clearing in the forest just below it. A winding path connects the clearing to the shore below, both covered in the armor and weapons of an era many still yearn to understand, while towers of stone built upon cliffs circle the shore in a protective formation. All of the structures - save the one of stone - have literally faded into a forum of former glory, becoming almost transparent yet still usable, while the waters of the cove emit a strange power that seems to strengthen one's inner being. No Arcane power has been sensed near this region, causing many to wonder if something else is at work. [i]Cult region: Citadel of Forgotten Souls[/i] This fallen structure of stone and mortar once served as a last line of defense for those who resided here long ago. Deep within, shouting and the clashing of metal can sometimes be heard from a battle that seems like it will never end, while footsteps of those who wish to try and escape echo through the halls. This strange atmosphere has existed for longer than anyone could remember, and dragons who walk these halls are told to do so with caution for fear that they too may be "dragged" into this almost invisible chaotic war. It is because of this land's unfortunate fate that the Spiritwatcher had made the citadel his home, promising protection to those in his cult and slowly bringing the peace that is needed for these souls to move on with their journey. [i]Cult Region: The Bay of Resolve[/i] Within the waters of the Soulfort Cove lies something that increases the Spirit cult's drive to protect. Or the drive of any dragon that passes close by for that matter. Some attribute it to the sound of the waves that bombard the stones. Others say it's the calmer waves that wash over the beaches that awakens this incredible feeling. The true source, however, is the Ironwilled herself, who uses this power to push those within her cult to achieve greater things for themselves. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Spiral Demigod Name: The Pathtwister (Male) Cult Location: Ruined buildings to the southwest of the Forum of the Obscured Crescent. [b]Description on World Map[/b]: >>Included in revised Shadow description<< [quote] The Shadow Dragons of the Tangled Wood are tricksters. They prefer to be capricious and fickle, like the flickering shadows they manipulate. Of all the dragons, Shadow Dragons are the most enthralled by games, and delight most in winning, even if it means underhandedly. The Spiral cult takes this one step further by complicating their opponent's challenges to make the winning easier. Game boards, tokens, and pieces are their favored treasure. [/quote] [i]Cult Region: The Winding Ward[/i] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Void Demigod Name: The Riftshatterer (female) Region Name: [b][color=red]The Warped Realm[/color][/b] Region location: In the sky above the "Ice Islands" of the Southern Icefield between the Clocktower Front and the Starfall Isle (similar to the Twisting Crescendo via Valemora's suggestion a while back). The tear is half-a-mile by one-quarter-of-a-mile in size in a diamond shape. [b]Description on World Map[/b]: The Void dragons of The Warped Realm are confusers. They prefer to literally warp the world around them, making it unrecognisable to others. Of all the dragons, Void dragons are the most dangerous, distorting their destructive objectives so no one can figure them out. [b]Broken relics[/b] are their favored treasure. [b]Description in Region & Cult-Region[/b]: The Warped Realm looks just as chaotic as it sounds. It is high above the lands that many of the Eleven call home, and The Windsinger and his flight have yet to effectively mark it on their maps. Of the few who have passed near it, only a claw full have managed to pass through the mysterious darkness to behold the broken mesh of islands within its sky high confines and live to tell of its existence. Bright lights flash in the sky like a pulse out in the deep dark that is the sky over this domain, and only those born within its borders are said to be capable of truly existing there. [i]Cult region: Warped Chasm[/i] At the center of the Eternal Plane lies a place that even those born in the domain of the Warped One are afraid of: A ring of land that circles a powerful vortex-like tear of space-time. Some believe it to be something from beyond the heavens brought down through the Riftshatterer's will, and all are bewildered to discover that Time itself is thrown into a state of confusion. It is because of this abnormality that the Timeholder has input her work, thus allowing for a somewhat normal life within the chaotic realm and the world outside its borders. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Cloud Demigod Name: The Skyrider (Female) Cult Location: Group of clouds to the south of the Shifting Expanse [b]Description on World Map[/b]: >>Included in revised Lightning description<< [quote] The Lightning Dragons of the Shifting Expanse are engineers. They prefer to be quick and intuitive, to better harness the power of the tempest under which they make their home. Of all the dragons, Lightning Dragons are the most ambitious, changing the world to adapt to them, rather than adapting to the world. The Cloud cult votes against this, however; living in the clouds means they rarely touch the ground. Copper wire, tools and reactors are a Lightning dragon's favored treasures. Feathers are the Cloud cult's favored treasure. [/quote] [i]Cult Region: The Hoary Cloudstead[/i] [i]Draft[/i] [quote=doctorlecter]Usually, the Hoary Cloudstead is a beautiful place. It is so tempting that it draws dragons of both the lands of The Eleven and the other cult regions to it. Despite the usual beauty of the clouds and the sky, however, once you manage to get yourself that high into the sky...you're trapped. You have no choice but to succumb to whatever The Skyrider asks of you...or you will end up chained in her grip. Forever. The fluffy and light clouds turning gray and murky in the blink of an eye can easily signify unrest, and the Feathers that are scattered among the clouds - be it the members of the cult or The Skyrider Herself - can often end up bloody. And THAT...is why The Skyrider gets her way.[/quote] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Truth Demigod Name: The Perceiver (Male) Cult Location: Between Sundial Terrice and Beacon of the Radiant Eye [b]Description on World Map[/b]: >>Included in revised Light description<< [quote] The Light Dragons of the Sunbeam Ruins are philosophers. They prefer to be unbiased and logical, revealing the nature of the world as does the rays of the sun’s light. Of all the dragons, Light Dragons are the most scholarly, holding the pursuit of truth as the highest virtue a dragon might aspire to. Those of the Truth cult are recognized as the shining example of this. Scrolls and relics are their favored treasures. [/quote] [i]Cult Region: The Court of Clarity[/i] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Life Demigod: The Lifeworker (Female) Cult Location: Island behind The Behemoth [b]Description on World Map[/b]: >>Included in revised Nature description<< [quote] The Nature Dragons of the Viridian Labyrinth are druids. They prefer to be as wild and primal as the ancient forests they call their home. Of all the dragons, Nature Dragons are the most nurturing, enjoying the care and cultivation of flora and fauna, spreading an overgrowth of life where once there was none. The Life cult helps this cause in protecting that which Nature starts. Seeds and rare flowers are their favored treasures. [/quote] [i]Cult Region: Isle of Breath[/i] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Blood Demigod: The Bleedclawer (female) Cult Location: Along the "Fangs" of the Wyrmwound reigon. [b]Description on World Map[/b]: >>Included in revised Plague description<< [quote] The Plague Dragons of the Scarred Wasteland are survivors. They prefer to be as strong and adaptable as the plague they spread. Of all the dragons, Plague Dragons are the most savage, and celebrate the cycle of life and death by constantly pitting themselves against the other elements. The Blood cult goes much further, however, as they force those within the flight to prove that they themselves can withstand death. The bones and armor of their enemies are their favored treasures. [/quote] [i]Cult Region:Disease Towers[/i] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Time Demigod Name: The Timeclencher(female) Region Name: [b][color=red]Clocktower Front[/color][/b] Region Location: On the northern part of the new land, facing Arcane. [b]Description on World Map[/b]: The Time dragons of the Clocktower Front are observers. They prefer to watch past events through their powers to ensure the horrible ones don't repeat. Of all the dragons, Time dragons are the most cautious, making sure that they themselves don't cause mistakes that others must learn from. Parchments are their favored treasure. [b]Description in Region & Cult-Region[/b]: Upon this grassy patch of land lies the remnants of a place long forgotten until recently. With paths of white stone weaving through ruined buildings and heaps of broken metal, some believe this location is a continuation of the Sunbeam Ruins and the Tangled Woods on another mass of land, with small fragments of the Shifting Expanse. All lay to waste save for one massive structure in the center and a few smaller ones in its shadow. The children of Light and Arcane venture to this place in their continued pursuit of knowledge from the world that came before them, but are careful in what they take with the one who watches them from above. [i]Cult region: Primeval Timetable[/i] A long forgotten tower, thought to be from those who existed long ago. The two arrows on its face remain frozen indefinitely, while large wind blown chimes create sounds that mesmerise those who are near its presence. The Timeclencher has made this tower her home, using its remains to create various devices to ensure time is kept correctly. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= And with that, start talking. [/center] Quick side note: If this does get on the staff's radar, it probably won't put into play for many years. Also, if you throw down "No support" don't come down as hard. The last time I honestly felt like curling up into a ball.
So, doctorlecter and I were just brainstorming on skype, and the former got some ideas regarding Void flight. Mainly the deity that it could have.

However, with Seawings, things have undergone a complete rework and taken a pretty serious shift in terms of major pieces.
Seawings wrote on 2015-06-09:
ALL RIGHTY. I got me some floaty ideas in my brain head thing since this was mentioned in the Light Flight chat and I've had all day to mull over it.

Via a combination of lore and logistics, I've come to the conclusion that these three "gods" are merely demigods and that the dragons that would follow them would not be considered a proper Flight, but rather a cult of sorts, as their "gods" are not strong enough to affect their territory in the same deeply magical way that the true gods can (i.e. they aren't strong enough to affect the element and eye color of hatchlings born from a nest in their territory).

Their lesser power and status as demigods would be a result of being the creation of only one God, rather than from the raw power bursts that come from the clashing of two or more (of the sort that most of the other gods were formed from) or a massive cataclysmic event such as the coalescing of pure and raw magic that created the Arcanist and that triggered the birth of the Plaguebringer and Gladekeeper. Furthermore, I believe that only the Arcanist could have "created" a demigod alone, as magic in its purest form is his purview and carries the ability to warp reality - as all of the descriptions of the Arcane realm and the creatures and dragons within seem to indicate. Arcane magic is well known to go awry, or achieve what was desired in unexpected ways. The excess and stray magics from the Arcanist's experiment could very well have given life beyond what he had intended.

However, he still only has the power of a single God, so I doubt they would be more than demigods, and unable to create a true elemental Flight. Thus, their followers would be more a cult. With this in mind, there'd be no reason for Flight holidays, since they are not, can not, and never would be proper Flights. They'd make for cool lore, games and special items though.

ADDITIONALLY: Y'all don't have to follow the same naming conventions as most of the gods. These were created by The Arcanist, AKA the only one that doesn't follow the same naming formula, so why not mix it up with related names? Also, I vote to keep Voidwalker anyway, because it sounds better. "Voidshifter" seems a little... unrelated? She doesn't have anything about shapeshifting in her lore, as far as I can tell. Though... Hm.

The Voidshifter, having some of the Shade in her, could perhaps be behind the Shadetouched Beastclans and dragons. And lord knows enough people have Shade Cult dragons and Shadetouched dragons. But Beastclan don't touch dragons, so she may have had to approach them in other forms. Food for thought.

Anyway, back to names. An alternate title for the Voidshifter could be The Shattered, what with her initially theorized appearance. The Timekeeper? The Eternal, maybe. The Soulguard is the coolest one I can think of for Spirit, with The Guide as a second option. I don't think these are great, tbh, but maybe it'll help someone else come up with things that roll off the tongue a little better.

So instead of Spirit, Time and Void being flights, they're cults of certain elements (Wind, Arcane and Ice respectively). This got me thinking...what if every flight had a cult? Seawings actually proved this to be plausable and playable with what we have element-wise in Runestones of the Arcanist.

So here's how this works:

Each cult has it's own Demigod, with the below element being the God element=Demigod element relation:

Earth=Pillar
Fire=Metal
Wind=Spirit
Water=Mind
Shadow=Spiral
Ice=Void
Lightning=Cloud
Light=Truth
Nature=Life
Plague=Blood
Arcane=Time

Here's why this could actually be spun in:
-Since we're dealing with cults, which can never become actually Flights, the additional Flights problem is addressed (This was stated by Seawings, but it makes sense to state it here too).
-Since they're cults they can't have Holidays, thus removing the "additional holiday" problem.
-Since each element is essentially a sub-version of the main element, the elemental advantages/disadvantages don't change.

All of those problems are addressed in one move. What's more, the cults could be discoverable when Adventure comes out, thus giving the Flight Rising crew time to at least create a rough draft of how they would be found (Their discovery obviously wouldn't happen until everything was hammered out).

In order for this to work, we obviously need to answer the following: How did these demigods come to be? Playing off what Seawings said (plus the original idea), they're created in an accident by the Arcanist.

(From the original thread)
Quote:
So the Arcanist has gained an interest in the concept of Time and, obsessed to know, he creates a spell that will give time a literal physical form in the form of a wyrm so he can question it. Upon conducting the spell, part of the energy seeps into the earth and causes the power of all the spirits that have passed (including those in the 2nd age) to whirl together and ultimately create the Spiritwatcher. Since he comes from pieces of the Beastclans, and we see they had hair, it makes sense that he'd have hair. Meanwhile, the spell also ascends up into space. It bends Space-Time up in space, causing a small piece of the energy to warp into the Voidshifter. However, before the Voidshifter has completed forming herself, a piece of the Shade fuses into her. This makes her a physical incarnation of space-time PLUS the Shade. Yea, the Shade is now part of a deity!!

Upon successfully creating what he desired, he watches as the one named the Timeholder opens her eyes and looks at him in confusion. Instantly he begins asking her things that he wants to know - completely ignoring a proper introduction - and what he ends up with is the Timeholder deeming him unworthy of her knowledge about Time. With that she leaves to establish her place on Sornieth.

--Newly added--

Realizing that things didn't go the way he had planned, he decided to go through with a plan that he had been working on for centuries: Reconstruct the Pillar of the World as best he can (without putting the deities into it, of chorse) as a way of saying "I'm sorry for what happened" to Earthshaker. The Earthshaker watches with joy as the Arcanist puts it back together as best he can, resulting in an extremely crude reconstruction (only a very small piece of each emblem is present on each level). Pleased, the Earthshaker thanks the Arcanist for his work. But, as they're talking, a small piece of the reconstructed pillar breaks off and floats away. This ultimately becomes The Monolith.

Later on, the Aranist becomes concerned for Stormcatcher's equipment, as he has heard that it has not been working to par despite continuous repaird. The Arcanist arrives and uses a spell to place it in a state where his "employees" can pick things up. The spell, however, also affected the storm clouds over Stormcatcher's domain. A portion near the sea to the south break off and turn into more normal clouds. It is through these clouds that The Skyrider is born

-Still need ideas for Metal, Mind, Spiral, Truth and Life-

On his way back to the Observatory, an angry Plaguebringer (angry because everyone - including her sister - wound up with something created by the one of Arcane...be it directly or indirectly) calls down the Arcanist. Not wanting to get on her bad side, the Arcanist agrees and descends down into the lands of Plague. Plaguebringer expressed her frustration and demands that he help her create a new virus so powerful that it would bring all of the other domains, besides her own and his (he is helping after all), to their knees. Realizing she's serious due to the tone of her voice and the way she glares at him, the Arcanist begins a spell that involves using the contents of the Wyrmwound to create the new virus. Once completed, however, the strand attacks one of Plaguebringer's greatest followers. This ends up creating the Bloodletter. Realizing that the Arcanist had ended up created a demigod for her, she decides to let the Arcanist slide on the virus and allows him to return to the Starfall Isles unscathed.

The Spiritwatcher, Voidshifter, Timeholder and Ironwill make their way to the island. They ultimately discover each other and, wanting to be different from the Flights they came from, create a truce. It is only after the Spiritwatcher establishes himself that Voidshifter, Timeholder and Ironwill come to discover the power of Wind flows from him, somewhat explaining his relaxed and protective view of things.

With all the cults established, they now wait for those who will join them.

So this now raises a valid question: What exactly is the benefit of the cults? Why even have them in the first place? After all, it's going to take up room on the servers, so there has to be a legit reason to have them. With the work that @Rookery helped to put together, this may have been solved.

Many people have been asked the "If you could be part of a second flight, which would you join?" question (I believe there was a forum that's buried that asked that), and I have seen some interesting answers. What if the cults acted as this second lair? The lair would start off somewhat fresh (5 spots compared to 10. You pay for the 5) and max out at 50 (the number of spots that you need to obtain the Mighty Lair rank. Remember that this is a cult, and cults are small, so...yea. If people feel that there should be more, feel free to say so). You'd also start with 1 nest (as compared to the 2 with a Flight) and max at 3 (again, cults are small). Once you open up the first 5 spots, you'd select 2 dragons to "keep watch" (2 seems reasonable, and that would be the minimum needed to have the cult lair. I guess you could consider them the founders of the cult). You'd be able to transfer dragons back and forth between the cult lair and main lair for a small amount of treasure (or gems. Up for debate).

This lair would allow additional lair room for a player, a second eye colour (If someone in Plague joined the Truth cult they'd be able to have Plague element and Light element eyes. See the nests area for more detail. Great for breeders), and...if nothing else...could be used for a player's own lore. It could even be used for the Nuzzlock challenge without affecting your main lair. This kind off becomes an additional treasure sink that you can use for your own RPs (using the above, a player from the Plague flight enters the Truth cult and has 5 dragons enter the cult lair. With the lore, they establish their land and deem themselves fleeing from Plaguebringer's ways, but, in reality, they entered to spread an infection in Lightweaver's domain. Unbeknownst to those who are present within the lair, however, one within the cult become influence by the ways of Truth and Light and adds a few more dragons to the lair on "good intentions" before finally rebelling and driving the other 4 dragons back to the Plague lair. The one dragon and his new allies then begin fortifying their chosen cult land. At that point, it's the player's Plague Flight clan "fighting" their Truth Cult clan). If the cults had forums (not 100% sure on that), I'm pretty sure they would have their own so that someone couldn't drop in on another flight's plans for anything. Players could them "blend" aspects of their respective flights together to make the cult unique.

Summarized: It's an additional lair that a player can use to store dragons, breed, and play lore with on the same account. I think that's a pretty nice plus to everyone.

In terms of joining, I'm thinking the Admin would make a page accessible through the announcements. Similar to joining the flights when you start the game, you'll be taken to a screen that has the emblem of each of the cults. Clicking on an emblem will give you more information about each of the cults, and when you officially decide you'll get something like "You have chosen to join the -insert cut element-. This selection cannot be changed" -> "The -Demigod- has accepted you into their cult. They have chosen the land for your dragons to establish themselves". Once you select the cult you'll be taken to a page where you'll select the dragons that will be moved over to the cult lair. Once you establish the cult, there's obviously getting to the cult. We would be placing it under "Clan" on the column to the left, more than likely between "Clan Profile" and "Hoard". There would "Cult Lair", "Cult Nests" and "Cult Profile" (on the fence with the last one). Gathering probably wouldn't change unless we wanted to gather on the island where Spirit, Mind, Void and Time are...in which case I'm open to suggestions.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Next is the Nests. Things are pretty straightforward here: The nests are virtually identical. Maybe a few small changes. This is open to discussion, and I'm completely fine with keeping the original nests if desired. I would simply like to allow people to try and tell cult nests apart from Flight nests. Another thing to note is that dragons that hatch from the cult nests will be the respective Flight element. So...for example...dragons hatched from Blood nests will be a Plague element / dragons hatched from a Truth nest will be a Light element. (Note to eternalstar: I still have the URL to the Time nest you drew. If people feel like changes should be made to make the cult nests unique, I'll fall back on what you drew)
Pillar: -Nothing at the moment-
Metal: -Maybe a metal version of the Fire nest? (Nest and Eggs are of the same design, but they have a metal look to them. The "magma" of the nest would be liquid metal)
Spirit: More than likely Winds nests, but with a foggy look to them.
Mind: -Nothing at the moment-
Spiral: -Nothing at the moment-
Void: Dark-colored Ice nest. Eggs have a "black hole" in the center of them.
Cloud: -Nothing at the moment-
Truth: -Nothing at the moment-
Life: -Nothing at the moment-
Blood:
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2015-07-08:
for the nest maybe, similair to a plague nest but instead of green goop/eggs they're red/redish/pink ?
^-seems like a good angle.
Time:
We'd still be using the Arcane nest in some fashion (the eggs may be floating, and we may have a similar appearance to allow for easy re-coloring). We could still use part of what eternalstar created, though: The eggs
eternalstar wrote on 2015-06-04:
eternalstar wrote on 2015-06-04:
i was actually thinking of a time flight last week, holy cow
the time nest could be the base of a crumbled tower and the eggs could look like clocks, maybe? idk
i drew concept art for the time nest... :D
k4h443.png
according to some time dragons, the clock markings on the eggs mark the time the egg was laid...
Eggs with clock markings that are floating. There's an interesting one...

-=--=--=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=

Another thing to consider: Let's say the cults were introduced with the addition of the 30 lair slots that were introduced a few days ago. The logical thing is to have 145 in the lair and 30 in the cult (as stated, you pay to have the first 5 spots opened to you, and then you pay to have the 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 opened). Why pay to have them opened? Obviously it's a treasure sink, but what if a player wants to join a cult and not have any dragons in it just yet? Or they just want a small amount of space in the cult (say the starting 5 slots)? The said 30 could be spread out between the Main lair and cult lair. So you could have:
145 lair/30 cult
150 lair/25 cult
155 lair/20 cult
160 lair/15 cult
165 lair/10 cult
170 lair/05 cult
175 lair/00 cult <-add space to the cult at a later date.

It provides much greater flexibility. Choose carefully, though, as the location you choose to expand in is permanent. So, if you did the "175 lair/00 cult" option, you'd have to wait until the next lair expansion comes along to give your cult any room for your dragons to work with.

Reminder: Joining a cult is optional. If you don't want to be in a cult, you don't have to be. That be the case, the above example would have the additional lair space go towards the player's lair.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As per dominance, I'm thinking it may not be best to have dragons exalted to the demigod. The dragons that the demigod has "exalted to them" could be part of a player's lore. If people think you should be able to exalt to them, we'd use the system that we have for the progenitor where they don't could. Also, being in a cult does not yield you getting stuff if the Flight the cult belongs to gains dominance. Having dominance bonuses potentially stack for players wouldn't be viewed as fair.
-=--=--=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Now, Runes. This is going to be fun.

So each cult would have the rune from Runestones of the Arcanist. Void, however, would have Chaos' rune. I feel like Void is a generally better name for such a dark-looking flight, and so that is why.

-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-===========--=-
Now, on to the Demigods, their gender, their appearance and body color. All of them have to have their names redone since, if we are to make the something actually plugged into the site, we can't have names that are already taken. Some I believe I have found fair replacements for. Named that still need work are in red...
The Monolith wrote:
Name: The Monolith (potential replacement: The Menhir?)
Element: Pillar
Eye Color: Same as Earth
Body Color Slate/Beige/Soil
Apperance: Transformed Snapper? (WIP)
Personality:
wesleydog wrote on 2015-07-27:
The Monolith -
Like Earth dragons, the Monolith is sentimental and reveres rituals and rites of passage above all other methods of worship. He is most pleased when his subjects hold religious ceremonies. Some would consider the Monolith to be primitive because he is simple-minded and old fashioned. He has a limited sense of etiquette and will often push his boundaries. Even so, many dragons believe him to be charming and attractive.
Suncatcher wrote on 2015-07-01:
I apologise; for some reason, I'm only seeing this thread now. I hadn't realised it was turned into an "Elemental Cults" sort of thing. Which is a really interesting idea! Since I'm in Earth Flight, I'd very much like to write up some ideas about The Monolith.

I'll take the time to read through everything in more detail when I get the chance, and then I'll start writing up ideas.
The Forger wrote:
Name: The Forger
Element: Metal
Eye Color: Same as Fire
Body Color: Platinum/Silver/Rust
Apperance: Transformed Coatl
The Forger -
He is similar in appearance to a very large Coatl. He looks as though he himself has been crafted in the hearth. Instead of the feather/wing-like projections normally on Coatl's temples, he has flames. His arms are muscular from his hours of labor. His tail is bent, perhaps due to a blacksmith-related accident. He carries a large anvil engraved with a letter 'L.'
Personality: The Forger is serious about creating metal works of art. Essentially, he has become competition for Flamecaller, so I imagine they would be similar to each other.
The Forger -
The Forger is a determined, hardworking demigod who has dedicated his life to creating practical metal works of art he has forged in fire. He believes that rest is for the weak and often pushes himself and his followers too hard. He believes in putting forth high-quality work and is a perfectionist. He's never lazy and has an extremely competitive edge to him, especially towards the Flamecaller.
The Spiritwatcher wrote:
Name: The Spiritwatcher
Element: Spirit
Eye Color: Same as Wind
Body Color: Thistle/Maize/Gold
Apperance: Shoulder-length Ivory hair, with bangs of hair coming down to just above his eyes.
Ivory mane from back of head down spine to end of tail
Build is supposedly something similar to Flamecaller. There would be some fur along the wings, though, similar to what we see with the Tundra but a little less.

As to pose...It would either be him "flying" towards the right, with him leaned down some so you can see his back, or him facing left in a somewhat standing position with his tail coming out some and the tip pressing against his left foot (almost like what we see with the female pearlcatcher, except he's on his feet).

Personality: Spiritwatcher is very observant and protective of those who serve him. He is generally calm but can become fierce at the drop of a feather.
The Ironwill wrote:
Name: The Ironwill
Element: Mind
Eye Color: Same as Water
Body Color: Steel/Silver/Platinum???
Apperance: Transformed Guardian? (WIP)
Personality: Ironwill is determined to push her followers boundaries and see where their limits lie. She then tries to push them and break those limits. Essentially she tries to make everyone become more then they presently are.
The Pathtwister wrote:
Name: The Pathtwister
Element: Spiral
Eye Color: Same as Shadow
Body Color: Royal/Mulberry/Purple???
Apperance: Transformed Spiral
Pathtwister -
He is a very large spiral with dark colors. His horns are larger than those of regular spirals and are bent in the shape of lightning. His body is covered in a maze-like pattern, similar to a combination of the smoke and circuit genes. He always looks as though he is up to no good.
Personality: I guess essentially a male personality of Shadowbinder?
The Pathtwister -
The Pathtwister is erratic and mysterious. He often makes life-altering choices without thinking twice. He prefers to stay in the shadows and despises the light; many dragons even believe that he is nocturnal. The Pathtwister's favorite thing is mazes; he loves to create intricate puzzles. He often speaks in riddles and is altogether a shady figure and a strange demigod. He is very protective of his followers.
The Riftshatterer wrote:
Name: The Riftshatterer (Nickname: The Voidshifter)
Element: Void
Eye Color: Same as Ice
Body Color: Obsidian/Obsidian/Midnight
Apperance:
doctorlecter wrote:
When it comes to body type, i feel that the Voidshifter would look to be a rather warped being. Much more slender than that of the other deities. Almost deathly bony. Maybe even with parts of her broken up, if that makes sense? Sectioned off, in a way, but still floating in kinda alignment on her where it's meant to be.

Kind of like the separated pieces in this accent.

Perhaps even some smoke to fill the void between her separated parts like that.
Whenever I look at her, I see Riftshatterer looking straight at the viewer. You can make out her head, her left arm and leg, her right wing and a piece of her tail, but everything else seems distorted.

Personality:
Voidshifter -
She represents emptiness and despair; nothingness. She is often contradicting herself because of her conflicting emotions. Some call her creepy, while others call her whimsical. It is agreed that mentally, she's "not quite all there." She struggles to control the Shade infused in her, sometimes having outbursts. She will oppress her followers, then save them from herself. She prefers seclusion; it reminds her of the Void she is god to. She is hopeful, but not expectant, and she represents everything and everyone that has been forgotten.
The Skyrider wrote:
Name: The Skyrider
Element: Cloud
Eye Color: Same as Lightning
Body Color: White/Maize/Seafoam
Apperance: Similar to that of a Skydancer, but she has a fluffy look to her.
Personality:
Draft
doctorlecter wrote:
Judge The Skyrider simply by looks, and one would say she's the loving Windsinger...and thus an opposite of The Stormcatcher. This, however, is only true to the elite of her cult. To all others, The Skyrider has a more menacing edge and "loud personality", and isn't as fluffy, cute or cloud-like as one might expect her to be, and if you see those piercing teal eyes looking at you through the clouds, you'd better run for your life. Very rarely does she leave her home, but when she does you'll regret it. The most concerning part is the members of her cult. They are the ones that roam the world more than she, and take her orders to gather or take whatever she may need...regardless of the consequences.
The Perceiver wrote:
Name: The Perceiver (Nicknane: The Knower)
Element: Truth
Eye Color: Same as Light
Body Color: Ivory/Maize/Gold
Apperance: Transformed Pearlcatcher
Personality:
Knower -
Extremely detail-oriented, the Knower is very intelligent, nit-picky, and neat. As the demigod of Truth, Know is omniscient and can pick apart any lie from the truth. He has a rage towards deceit and a love for integrity. He tolerates no unworthiness in his worshippers, but it loyal and affectionate towards the righteous among them.
The Lifeworker wrote:
Name: The Lifeworker
Element: Life
Eye Color: Same as Nature
Body Color: Avocado/Forest/Leaf
Apperance: Transformed Wildclaw??
Personality: She enjoys helping to take care of others. Probably like Gladekeeper
Lifeworker -
The Lifeworker admires life in all of its forms. She is in an infant's first breath and the flashback just before a young Mirror blacks out. She is in the breeze that blows through the flowers and the twinkling trees of the Starwood Strand at night. She is nurturing, but believes she is superior to the Gladekeeper because she is the god of the life that she tends to.
The The Bleedclawer wrote:
Name: The Bleedclawer (Nickname: The Bloodletter)
Element: Blood
Eye Color: Same as Plague
Body Color: Blood/Blood/Blood
Apperance: Transformed Mirror?
Personality: Bleedclawer is a very violent one. Seriously, this cannot be stressed enough. She prowls the Plaguebringer's territory to keep her clans on their toes. Those that let their guard down tend to vanish without notice.
^-SporkLord will be assisting with her

The Timeclencher wrote:
Name: The Timeclencher
Element: Time
Eye Color: Same as Arcane
Body Color: Beige/Sand/Rust

And as for Timeholder's build, maybe something similar to Flamecaller, with metal pieces covering various portions of the body (similar to the steampunk apparel we have).
For instance, the steampunk wings. The only part that would be different on Timeholder would be the "feather" part of it. In that case it actually goes down the bones of the wings to the wingtips.
The metal on the chest guard would be simple metal with maybe a few gear symbols on it.
The spats and gloves would essentially be the same
Pretty sure she wouldn't have the Goggles or Scarf
Maybe she'd possess something like the tail bauble?
Artorias wrote on 2015-05-14:
I imagine the Timeholder would have a very sleek and sharp, more like metal than actual flesh, or perhaps flesh augmented with coils and gears. Her voice sounds like the rustle of autumn leaves as they cascade to the ground and herald the changing seasons; like the hiss of sand from countless hourglasses, counting down the lives of every living creature in Sornieth.

Personality:
Timeholder -
The Timeholder is utterly magical. Many look up to her for her strong sense of self and her astounding elegance. She believes that time governs the life of all;it is utterly uncontrollable and utterly beautiful. It cannot be seen or touched. The Timeholder is a bit old-fashioned; some would consider her style to be 'steampunk.' Despite her beauty and many admirers, her greatest downfall is her arrogance. She believes that she is superior to all others and is certainly entitled.

-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-===========--=-

Now on to the "Domains" that each Demigod holds. Interesting facts with this:
-They still have a region (Like the original drafts of the Soulfort Cove, Clocktower Front and The Warped Realm), but there's only one subregion. Yes, this does make things a little dull when expanding the lair, but...as stated a few paragraphs up...a cult isn't very large so...yea. (May be revised to have 2 if enough people want a "move to" like how we have with the domains)
-The large island that Spirit, Mind, Time and Void reside on is shrouded in a mist that emanates from Spirit's region. This makes the island harder to find when we first go and look for it in Adventure. Once the island is found, the mist will add a "mysterious" feel to the island. Also, since they hold land on the island, for the moment I consider those "domains", hence the remaining descriptions.
-Since Spirit and Mind reside within the same location, they have been somewhat merged.
-The cults that are already within the borders of a domain will simply have a sentence added to account for them, as well as a row for them in the more detailed domain descriptions. Essentially the following:
Lesser Lair
Greater Lair
Venerable Lair
Ancient Lair
Cult Region

This seems pretty simple to spin in...

You will also note that a fair portion of this area is not complete, so feel free to throw your own ideas in.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Pillar
Demigod name: The Monolith (Male)
Cult Location: In the center of the Shattered Plains
Description on World Map: >>Included in revised Earth description<<
Quote:
The Earth Dragons of Dragonhome are monument builders. They prefer the consistency and eternal memory of the stone they shape. Of all the dragons, Earth Dragons revere their ancestors the most fervently, and remember the most about the first age. The Pillar cult takes particular care to recall the god's battles against the Shade, preparing for its return. Gemstones are their favored treasures.

Cult Region: The Anchor of the World

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Metal
Demigod: the Forger (Male)
Cult Location: The two stone "islands" beyond the "Lava Waterfall".
Description on World Map: >>Included in revised Fire description<<
Quote:
The Fire Dragons of The Ashfall Waste are metalworkers. They prefer to be as passionate and intense as the flames they coax. Of all the dragons, Fire Dragons are the most temperamental, and their red-hot fury knows no peers. The Metal cult puts this to the test by creating fierce competition. Rare metal ores, weapons, statues and tools are their favored treasures.

Cult Region: The Armored Acropolis

-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=--=-=-

Spirit/Mind
Demigod Name: Spiritwatcher (male)/The Ironwilled (Female)
Region Name: Soulfort Cove
Region Location: On the southern part of the new island, facing Ice and Wind.
Description on World Map: The Spirit and Mind cults of the Sourfort Cove are decisive defenders. They prefer to keep careful watch over others while remaining almost invisible. Of all the cults, the Spirit cult is the most protective, ensuring the safety of their friends and family through whatever means they feel are necessary. The Mind cult is the most determined, believing that failure is a great dishonour to ones self. Weapons and Armor are the Spirit cult's favoured treasure. ?? are the Mind cult's favoured treasure.

Description in Region & Cult-Regions: Believed to be a cliff face with a wonderful lake that was broken open due to fighting between Ice and Wind, this mass of land holds one of the strangest places one can physically stumble upon: the remains of a large and tall stone structure built upon the side of a small mountain, with wooden structures built close by in a clearing in the forest just below it. A winding path connects the clearing to the shore below, both covered in the armor and weapons of an era many still yearn to understand, while towers of stone built upon cliffs circle the shore in a protective formation. All of the structures - save the one of stone - have literally faded into a forum of former glory, becoming almost transparent yet still usable, while the waters of the cove emit a strange power that seems to strengthen one's inner being. No Arcane power has been sensed near this region, causing many to wonder if something else is at work.

Cult region: Citadel of Forgotten Souls
This fallen structure of stone and mortar once served as a last line of defense for those who resided here long ago. Deep within, shouting and the clashing of metal can sometimes be heard from a battle that seems like it will never end, while footsteps of those who wish to try and escape echo through the halls. This strange atmosphere has existed for longer than anyone could remember, and dragons who walk these halls are told to do so with caution for fear that they too may be "dragged" into this almost invisible chaotic war. It is because of this land's unfortunate fate that the Spiritwatcher had made the citadel his home, promising protection to those in his cult and slowly bringing the peace that is needed for these souls to move on with their journey.

Cult Region: The Bay of Resolve
Within the waters of the Soulfort Cove lies something that increases the Spirit cult's drive to protect. Or the drive of any dragon that passes close by for that matter. Some attribute it to the sound of the waves that bombard the stones. Others say it's the calmer waves that wash over the beaches that awakens this incredible feeling. The true source, however, is the Ironwilled herself, who uses this power to push those within her cult to achieve greater things for themselves.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Spiral
Demigod Name: The Pathtwister (Male)
Cult Location: Ruined buildings to the southwest of the Forum of the Obscured Crescent.
Description on World Map: >>Included in revised Shadow description<<
Quote:
The Shadow Dragons of the Tangled Wood are tricksters. They prefer to be capricious and fickle, like the flickering shadows they manipulate. Of all the dragons, Shadow Dragons are the most enthralled by games, and delight most in winning, even if it means underhandedly. The Spiral cult takes this one step further by complicating their opponent's challenges to make the winning easier. Game boards, tokens, and pieces are their favored treasure.

Cult Region: The Winding Ward

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Void
Demigod Name: The Riftshatterer (female)
Region Name: The Warped Realm
Region location: In the sky above the "Ice Islands" of the Southern Icefield between the Clocktower Front and the Starfall Isle (similar to the Twisting Crescendo via Valemora's suggestion a while back). The tear is half-a-mile by one-quarter-of-a-mile in size in a diamond shape.
Description on World Map: The Void dragons of The Warped Realm are confusers. They prefer to literally warp the world around them, making it unrecognisable to others. Of all the dragons, Void dragons are the most dangerous, distorting their destructive objectives so no one can figure them out. Broken relics are their favored treasure.

Description in Region & Cult-Region: The Warped Realm looks just as chaotic as it sounds. It is high above the lands that many of the Eleven call home, and The Windsinger and his flight have yet to effectively mark it on their maps. Of the few who have passed near it, only a claw full have managed to pass through the mysterious darkness to behold the broken mesh of islands within its sky high confines and live to tell of its existence. Bright lights flash in the sky like a pulse out in the deep dark that is the sky over this domain, and only those born within its borders are said to be capable of truly existing there.

Cult region: Warped Chasm
At the center of the Eternal Plane lies a place that even those born in the domain of the Warped One are afraid of: A ring of land that circles a powerful vortex-like tear of space-time. Some believe it to be something from beyond the heavens brought down through the Riftshatterer's will, and all are bewildered to discover that Time itself is thrown into a state of confusion. It is because of this abnormality that the Timeholder has input her work, thus allowing for a somewhat normal life within the chaotic realm and the world outside its borders.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Cloud
Demigod Name: The Skyrider (Female)
Cult Location: Group of clouds to the south of the Shifting Expanse
Description on World Map: >>Included in revised Lightning description<<
Quote:
The Lightning Dragons of the Shifting Expanse are engineers. They prefer to be quick and intuitive, to better harness the power of the tempest under which they make their home. Of all the dragons, Lightning Dragons are the most ambitious, changing the world to adapt to them, rather than adapting to the world. The Cloud cult votes against this, however; living in the clouds means they rarely touch the ground. Copper wire, tools and reactors are a Lightning dragon's favored treasures. Feathers are the Cloud cult's favored treasure.

Cult Region: The Hoary Cloudstead
Draft
doctorlecter wrote:
Usually, the Hoary Cloudstead is a beautiful place. It is so tempting that it draws dragons of both the lands of The Eleven and the other cult regions to it. Despite the usual beauty of the clouds and the sky, however, once you manage to get yourself that high into the sky...you're trapped. You have no choice but to succumb to whatever The Skyrider asks of you...or you will end up chained in her grip. Forever. The fluffy and light clouds turning gray and murky in the blink of an eye can easily signify unrest, and the Feathers that are scattered among the clouds - be it the members of the cult or The Skyrider Herself - can often end up bloody. And THAT...is why The Skyrider gets her way.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Truth
Demigod Name: The Perceiver (Male)
Cult Location: Between Sundial Terrice and Beacon of the Radiant Eye
Description on World Map: >>Included in revised Light description<<
Quote:
The Light Dragons of the Sunbeam Ruins are philosophers. They prefer to be unbiased and logical, revealing the nature of the world as does the rays of the sun’s light. Of all the dragons, Light Dragons are the most scholarly, holding the pursuit of truth as the highest virtue a dragon might aspire to. Those of the Truth cult are recognized as the shining example of this. Scrolls and relics are their favored treasures.

Cult Region: The Court of Clarity

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Life
Demigod: The Lifeworker (Female)
Cult Location: Island behind The Behemoth
Description on World Map: >>Included in revised Nature description<<
Quote:
The Nature Dragons of the Viridian Labyrinth are druids. They prefer to be as wild and primal as the ancient forests they call their home. Of all the dragons, Nature Dragons are the most nurturing, enjoying the care and cultivation of flora and fauna, spreading an overgrowth of life where once there was none. The Life cult helps this cause in protecting that which Nature starts. Seeds and rare flowers are their favored treasures.

Cult Region: Isle of Breath

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Blood
Demigod: The Bleedclawer (female)
Cult Location: Along the "Fangs" of the Wyrmwound reigon.
Description on World Map: >>Included in revised Plague description<<
Quote:
The Plague Dragons of the Scarred Wasteland are survivors. They prefer to be as strong and adaptable as the plague they spread. Of all the dragons, Plague Dragons are the most savage, and celebrate the cycle of life and death by constantly pitting themselves against the other elements. The Blood cult goes much further, however, as they force those within the flight to prove that they themselves can withstand death. The bones and armor of their enemies are their favored treasures.

Cult Region:Disease Towers

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Time
Demigod Name: The Timeclencher(female)
Region Name: Clocktower Front
Region Location: On the northern part of the new land, facing Arcane.
Description on World Map: The Time dragons of the Clocktower Front are observers. They prefer to watch past events through their powers to ensure the horrible ones don't repeat. Of all the dragons, Time dragons are the most cautious, making sure that they themselves don't cause mistakes that others must learn from. Parchments are their favored treasure.

Description in Region & Cult-Region: Upon this grassy patch of land lies the remnants of a place long forgotten until recently. With paths of white stone weaving through ruined buildings and heaps of broken metal, some believe this location is a continuation of the Sunbeam Ruins and the Tangled Woods on another mass of land, with small fragments of the Shifting Expanse. All lay to waste save for one massive structure in the center and a few smaller ones in its shadow. The children of Light and Arcane venture to this place in their continued pursuit of knowledge from the world that came before them, but are careful in what they take with the one who watches them from above.

Cult region: Primeval Timetable
A long forgotten tower, thought to be from those who existed long ago. The two arrows on its face remain frozen indefinitely, while large wind blown chimes create sounds that mesmerise those who are near its presence. The Timeclencher has made this tower her home, using its remains to create various devices to ensure time is kept correctly.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

And with that, start talking.

Quick side note: If this does get on the staff's radar, it probably won't put into play for many years. Also, if you throw down "No support" don't come down as hard. The last time I honestly felt like curling up into a ball.
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
Pings:
@Keileon @Blutopod @Heliopunk @ShinyGiratina @SpindleWinter @Hawktalon @cocoafairycat @Imp @KittenFromHell @Kroomi @pompeii @Shadowdancer @Waxwing @HellsPurestDevil @Artorias @Astriferious @Paralissa @Phosphorescence @Feast @salander867 @willowminnow @Talii @ScorpiusVyxen @VoidWolf @Valemora @Shadowspirit @Psycho @eternalstar @Suncatcher

We've moved the topic back to Discussions. Again, apologies for the back and forth.
Pings:
@Keileon @Blutopod @Heliopunk @ShinyGiratina @SpindleWinter @Hawktalon @cocoafairycat @Imp @KittenFromHell @Kroomi @pompeii @Shadowdancer @Waxwing @HellsPurestDevil @Artorias @Astriferious @Paralissa @Phosphorescence @Feast @salander867 @willowminnow @Talii @ScorpiusVyxen @VoidWolf @Valemora @Shadowspirit @Psycho @eternalstar @Suncatcher

We've moved the topic back to Discussions. Again, apologies for the back and forth.
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
@doctorlecter i have no qualms with also assisting in design
@doctorlecter i have no qualms with also assisting in design
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
@warriorjames
It's ok! More of just a discussion topic for fun, anyway. :)
@warriorjames
It's ok! More of just a discussion topic for fun, anyway. :)
@Talii
I suppose...
@Talii
I suppose...
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
ALL RIGHTY. I got me some floaty ideas in my brain head thing since this was mentioned in the Light Flight chat and I've had all day to mull over it.

Via a combination of lore and logistics, I've come to the conclusion that these three "gods" are merely demigods and that the dragons that would follow them would not be considered a proper Flight, but rather a cult of sorts, as their "gods" are not strong enough to affect their territory in the same deeply magical way that the true gods can (i.e. they aren't strong enough to affect the element and eye color of hatchlings born from a nest in their territory).

Their lesser power and status as demigods would be a result of being the creation of only one God, rather than from the raw power bursts that come from the clashing of two or more (of the sort that most of the other gods were formed from) or a massive cataclysmic event such as the coalescing of pure and raw magic that created the Arcanist and that triggered the birth of the Plaguebringer and Gladekeeper. Furthermore, I believe that only the Arcanist could have "created" a demigod alone, as magic in its purest form is his purview and carries the ability to warp reality - as all of the descriptions of the Arcane realm and the creatures and dragons within seem to indicate. Arcane magic is well known to go awry, or achieve what was desired in unexpected ways. The excess and stray magics from the Arcanist's experiment could very well have given life beyond what he had intended.
However, he still only has the power of a single God, so I doubt they would be more than demigods, and unable to create a true elemental Flight. Thus, their followers would be more a cult. With this in mind, there'd be no reason for Flight holidays, since they are not, can not, and never would be proper Flights. They'd make for cool lore, games and special items though.

ADDITIONALLY: Y'all don't have to follow the same naming conventions as most of the gods. These were created by The Arcanist, AKA the only one that doesn't follow the same naming formula, so why not mix it up with related names? Also, I vote to keep Voidwalker anyway, because it sounds better. "Voidshifter" seems a little... unrelated? She doesn't have anything about shapeshifting in her lore, as far as I can tell. Though... Hm.

The Voidshifter, having some of the Shade in her, could perhaps be behind the Shadetouched Beastclans and dragons. And lord knows enough people have Shade Cult dragons and Shadetouched dragons. But Beastclan don't touch dragons, so she may have had to approach them in other forms. Food for thought.

Anyway, back to names. An alternate title for the Voidshifter could be The Shattered, what with her initially theorized appearance. The Timekeeper? The Eternal, maybe. The Soulguard is the coolest one I can think of for Spirit, with The Guide as a second option. I don't think these are great, tbh, but maybe it'll help someone else come up with things that roll off the tongue a little better.

@Seawings could be on to something. Since Spiritwatcher (I suppose Soulguard may work?), Timeholder (The Eternal works as a potential replacement since that's her alternate name in the domain descriptions) and Voidshifter (The Shattered seems like it could work as an alt) are demigods in the said example and their followers are cults, there's no Flight, Holiday or Elemental interaction (The elements don't have to change how they play on each other). Everything is solved in 1 shot.

I'll begin reworking this to plug the demigod system into the equation.
@Seawings could be on to something. Since Spiritwatcher (I suppose Soulguard may work?), Timeholder (The Eternal works as a potential replacement since that's her alternate name in the domain descriptions) and Voidshifter (The Shattered seems like it could work as an alt) are demigods in the said example and their followers are cults, there's no Flight, Holiday or Elemental interaction (The elements don't have to change how they play on each other). Everything is solved in 1 shot.

I'll begin reworking this to plug the demigod system into the equation.
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
@doctorlecter so i don't lose this thread!
@doctorlecter so i don't lose this thread!
Alright, I figure I may as well bump this since I'm running out of ideas by myself.
Alright, I figure I may as well bump this since I'm running out of ideas by myself.
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13