Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Fractured - a mini-Nuzlocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Cien

Aww, poor little Lan D: (I really like his ID - 13322400 is a nice number xD)
Ping list please? :3
@Cien

Aww, poor little Lan D: (I really like his ID - 13322400 is a nice number xD)
Ping list please? :3
natureh5.png
@Neige
Yeah ... D: Poor baby never got cooldowns explained to him! There's an awkward conversation in his future I just know it!
And thanks! Yeah, I was really lucky with his ID haha. ~
Certainly! :'D
@Neige
Yeah ... D: Poor baby never got cooldowns explained to him! There's an awkward conversation in his future I just know it!
And thanks! Yeah, I was really lucky with his ID haha. ~
Certainly! :'D
hatchery%20banner%20smaller.png
imperials, red and gold, triple midnight+ & storms dancers!
@Cien

One word: ping list. Well that's two words but yeah oml yes please. <3

I'm too scared to do a Nuzlocke run (Pokemanz ones are bad enough as it is and I'm so bad at them too) but if Lan is still within the area of the Shifting Expanse, he can prolly meet Zecht and Ariadne?

(Zecht and Ariadne are my two Coatls that potentially missed out on Storm Dancer coloration, but their foreseen progenies might have a chance of inheriting at least one of the the required colors--unless ALL three of the derg's colors have to fall within the range for Storm Dancers?)
@Cien

One word: ping list. Well that's two words but yeah oml yes please. <3

I'm too scared to do a Nuzlocke run (Pokemanz ones are bad enough as it is and I'm so bad at them too) but if Lan is still within the area of the Shifting Expanse, he can prolly meet Zecht and Ariadne?

(Zecht and Ariadne are my two Coatls that potentially missed out on Storm Dancer coloration, but their foreseen progenies might have a chance of inheriting at least one of the the required colors--unless ALL three of the derg's colors have to fall within the range for Storm Dancers?)
@cien pinglist! And very open to crossovers :D
@cien pinglist! And very open to crossovers :D
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
@Cien I'm interested in a crossover. Lan doesn't know what is coming at him C:
@Cien I'm interested in a crossover. Lan doesn't know what is coming at him C:
ldNLSdw.png
@Hanelli
Ahh sure thing! ;w;/
Pokemon ones are so hard my gosh. All of my emotions everywhere!
I'll definitely keep your Coatls in mind! I have a bit of an idea of what I want Lan to do in the Shifting Expanse, so it's up to the RNG to see how much time he'll have there! If the RNG is kind to me I'll let you know! c:
(And yes, I believe that all three colors must fall in the Storm Dancer range to quality! For example, Lan's sister is a miss because of her secondary, unfortunately. But I think @JusticeTurtle still has a couple of hatchlings?)

@Nimphy
*explodes* of course! :'D
And that would be great somewhere down the line! Caron's group is in the Scarred Wasteland, right? (I think I forgot to reply to your thread but omg your last Nuzlocke entry ... oh man ....)

@Digimon11
Cool! :D
And yeah, he's pretty darn young to be trying to survive out on his own and take care of an egg!
@Hanelli
Ahh sure thing! ;w;/
Pokemon ones are so hard my gosh. All of my emotions everywhere!
I'll definitely keep your Coatls in mind! I have a bit of an idea of what I want Lan to do in the Shifting Expanse, so it's up to the RNG to see how much time he'll have there! If the RNG is kind to me I'll let you know! c:
(And yes, I believe that all three colors must fall in the Storm Dancer range to quality! For example, Lan's sister is a miss because of her secondary, unfortunately. But I think @JusticeTurtle still has a couple of hatchlings?)

@Nimphy
*explodes* of course! :'D
And that would be great somewhere down the line! Caron's group is in the Scarred Wasteland, right? (I think I forgot to reply to your thread but omg your last Nuzlocke entry ... oh man ....)

@Digimon11
Cool! :D
And yeah, he's pretty darn young to be trying to survive out on his own and take care of an egg!
@Cien, yes, for now they're in the Scarred Wastelands. They'll probably travel a bit later, mostly because I want to visit other flights. Also, aww, thanks! Hearing comments about my story always makes me happy <3
@Cien, yes, for now they're in the Scarred Wastelands. They'll probably travel a bit later, mostly because I want to visit other flights. Also, aww, thanks! Hearing comments about my story always makes me happy <3
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
@Digimon11 @Axqu @Tsukistar @Neige @Hanelli @Nimphy [center][size=6][b][u]I.[/u][/b][/size] Day 1 (part 2) - The Shifting Expanse. Awareness 49/250[/center] I woke up sweating. It hurt to breathe. I had a dream that I was caught in Core’s firestorm, fighting off harpies. I kept trying to use my Lightning magic, but it kept sparking and fizzling out before it could connect. Without it, I was just barely avoiding getting slashed into ribbons of grey Skydancer. Throwing caution to the wind, I beat my wings as hard as I could and flew upwards, up and up and … why couldn’t I reach the clouds?! I wanted so desperately to get out of the firestorm. The clouds – I knew the clouds. I felt close to Stormcatcher there. I didn’t fear the lightning. I had [i]control[/i] there. But – I just – I couldn’t [i]reach[/i] – And then I had woken up. Judging by the blinding sun that hurt my eyes when I lowered my stiff wings, it was about midday. My wings were uncomfortably hot from being in the sun for so long, and I hurriedly checked the egg that was resting against my side. It was still relatively cool to the touch. Good. I didn’t know if it would be bad for the egg to heat up, but it wasn’t worth testing. I slowly stood up, wincing as my overworked muscles scolded me for all of my flying around the day and night before. The gash that the harpy left me with hurt too, but it had scabbed over. As long as I didn't move that shoulder too much, I should be fine. Probably. Gingerly picking up the egg, I stretched my wings a few times before flying up to the top of the stone pillar, perching at the top to survey my surroundings. I could see the Tempest Spire off in the distance, and it seemed like I was closer to the Lightning Farm than the Carrion Canyon, where my lair was. I glanced up, able to see lightning in the sky despite it being relatively clear, and fought the urge to fly into it. While I would feel safe, it probably wouldn’t be good for the egg. Even though the hatchling would be of the Lightning Flight, and a magic-oriented Skydancer like me, it wouldn’t be a Storm Dancer. At least I knew it was going to be a Skydancer like its parents – that sure made eating easier – OF COURSE. Food. Ugh. I groaned, finally feeling the emptiness of my stomach. While I had never had a chance to be rotated onto gathering or hunting duty in the clan, I knew the basics. Trying to fight right now would be a bad idea – the last thing I needed was to cause a commotion and risk running to a harpy or any other Beastclan, [i]and[/i] I was carrying an egg. Do Pearlcatchers feel like this all the time? Regardless, I needed to try and find some supplies. Taking off again, I angled myself back towards the Carrion Canyon, though away from my lair. I thought I should get to the Highland Scrub, just in case I needed to leave the region. On the way there, I managed to scavenge a bit. I found some scraps of fabric that I used to gently wrap the egg, some branches, some skulls (ugh, creepy), someone’s broken glasses, more bones, a blue ribbon (made me feel like a winner), some Tattered Parchment that was too beat up to read, a Lightning Runestone, and some Forgotten Poet’s Tools. I could only carry so much in the tied-together scraps of fabric, so I opted to just take the Runestone and the scraps of half-finished poetry. Afterwards, I managed to forage for a good amount of plants. I wouldn’t be able to do this much longer since the Shifting Expanse isn’t exactly the Viridian Labyrinth, but I should have enough food to feed myself for a couple of days. And food for the hatchling, if the egg hatches soon. I usually preferred insects, but I didn’t want to carry a bunch of them around in a cloth – what if I smashed them on accident? Ick. By the time I was done, the sun was setting and I had reached the edge of the Canyon, though quite a distance away from my lair. I looked down and scanned the walls. There were [i]always[/i] abandoned dens, caves, and lairs, so – aha! I saw a small hole in the side of the canyon and flew down towards it. I poked my head in carefully, reaching out my empty hand and summoning some electricity to provide some light. There was nothing in the small cavern except some weeds and branches. It looked like it might be a good starting point for a new clan who wanted to expand into the rock, but it was small enough for me to feel safe, even though it did seem to extend kind of far back on one side. I couldn’t see into the dark, but I sent a small bolt of electricity into the darkness and waited … nothing. That was a good sign, right? Satisfied, I carefully curled up facing the entrance, the dark passageway to my side, and tucked the egg and my small bundle of scavenged things and plants against my side. I folded my wings around me, not feeling very secure, though this was better than sleeping on the sand. I had woken up at midday, so I had only been awake for about half a day, but I was still tired. With a yawn, I shut my eyes and tried to get some rest. I could get a fresh start tomorrow, and hopefully it wouldn’t be as hectic as today – yesterday – last night – whenever-it-was was. [center][item=Bronze Fabric Scrap][item=Discarded Ribbon][item=Lightning Runestone][item=Forgotten Poet’s Tools][/center]
@Digimon11 @Axqu @Tsukistar @Neige @Hanelli @Nimphy
I.
Day 1 (part 2) - The Shifting Expanse. Awareness 49/250

I woke up sweating. It hurt to breathe.

I had a dream that I was caught in Core’s firestorm, fighting off harpies. I kept trying to use my Lightning magic, but it kept sparking and fizzling out before it could connect. Without it, I was just barely avoiding getting slashed into ribbons of grey Skydancer. Throwing caution to the wind, I beat my wings as hard as I could and flew upwards, up and up and … why couldn’t I reach the clouds?!

I wanted so desperately to get out of the firestorm. The clouds – I knew the clouds. I felt close to Stormcatcher there. I didn’t fear the lightning. I had control there. But – I just – I couldn’t reach

And then I had woken up.

Judging by the blinding sun that hurt my eyes when I lowered my stiff wings, it was about midday. My wings were uncomfortably hot from being in the sun for so long, and I hurriedly checked the egg that was resting against my side. It was still relatively cool to the touch. Good. I didn’t know if it would be bad for the egg to heat up, but it wasn’t worth testing.

I slowly stood up, wincing as my overworked muscles scolded me for all of my flying around the day and night before. The gash that the harpy left me with hurt too, but it had scabbed over. As long as I didn't move that shoulder too much, I should be fine. Probably.

Gingerly picking up the egg, I stretched my wings a few times before flying up to the top of the stone pillar, perching at the top to survey my surroundings.

I could see the Tempest Spire off in the distance, and it seemed like I was closer to the Lightning Farm than the Carrion Canyon, where my lair was. I glanced up, able to see lightning in the sky despite it being relatively clear, and fought the urge to fly into it. While I would feel safe, it probably wouldn’t be good for the egg. Even though the hatchling would be of the Lightning Flight, and a magic-oriented Skydancer like me, it wouldn’t be a Storm Dancer. At least I knew it was going to be a Skydancer like its parents – that sure made eating easier –

OF COURSE. Food. Ugh. I groaned, finally feeling the emptiness of my stomach. While I had never had a chance to be rotated onto gathering or hunting duty in the clan, I knew the basics. Trying to fight right now would be a bad idea – the last thing I needed was to cause a commotion and risk running to a harpy or any other Beastclan, and I was carrying an egg.

Do Pearlcatchers feel like this all the time?

Regardless, I needed to try and find some supplies. Taking off again, I angled myself back towards the Carrion Canyon, though away from my lair. I thought I should get to the Highland Scrub, just in case I needed to leave the region.

On the way there, I managed to scavenge a bit. I found some scraps of fabric that I used to gently wrap the egg, some branches, some skulls (ugh, creepy), someone’s broken glasses, more bones, a blue ribbon (made me feel like a winner), some Tattered Parchment that was too beat up to read, a Lightning Runestone, and some Forgotten Poet’s Tools. I could only carry so much in the tied-together scraps of fabric, so I opted to just take the Runestone and the scraps of half-finished poetry.

Afterwards, I managed to forage for a good amount of plants. I wouldn’t be able to do this much longer since the Shifting Expanse isn’t exactly the Viridian Labyrinth, but I should have enough food to feed myself for a couple of days. And food for the hatchling, if the egg hatches soon. I usually preferred insects, but I didn’t want to carry a bunch of them around in a cloth – what if I smashed them on accident? Ick.

By the time I was done, the sun was setting and I had reached the edge of the Canyon, though quite a distance away from my lair. I looked down and scanned the walls. There were always abandoned dens, caves, and lairs, so – aha!

I saw a small hole in the side of the canyon and flew down towards it. I poked my head in carefully, reaching out my empty hand and summoning some electricity to provide some light. There was nothing in the small cavern except some weeds and branches. It looked like it might be a good starting point for a new clan who wanted to expand into the rock, but it was small enough for me to feel safe, even though it did seem to extend kind of far back on one side. I couldn’t see into the dark, but I sent a small bolt of electricity into the darkness and waited … nothing. That was a good sign, right?

Satisfied, I carefully curled up facing the entrance, the dark passageway to my side, and tucked the egg and my small bundle of scavenged things and plants against my side. I folded my wings around me, not feeling very secure, though this was better than sleeping on the sand. I had woken up at midday, so I had only been awake for about half a day, but I was still tired. With a yawn, I shut my eyes and tried to get some rest. I could get a fresh start tomorrow, and hopefully it wouldn’t be as hectic as today – yesterday – last night – whenever-it-was was.
Bronze Fabric Scrap Discarded Ribbon Lightning Runestone
@Cien Thanks for the ping! @Hanelli Yup, I still have two male Storm Dancer hatchlings. 10kt or best offer (I really hate having hatchlings cluttering round my lair ;P). Just send me a CR if you want one. :D #1: Grey Speckle/Azure Current/Platinum Crackle. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13320405] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/133205/13320405_350.png[/img] [/url] Adult scry: [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=6&wing=27&style=13&gender=0&ages=1&prig=4&secg=6&tert=4&elem=5&tertgene=6&spec=prev.png[/img] #2: Obsidian Ripple/Navy Current/White Crackle. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13320407] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/133205/13320407_350.png[/img] [/url] Adult scry: [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=10&wing=20&style=13&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=6&tert=2&elem=5&tertgene=6&spec=prev.png[/img]
@Cien Thanks for the ping! @Hanelli Yup, I still have two male Storm Dancer hatchlings. 10kt or best offer (I really hate having hatchlings cluttering round my lair ;P). Just send me a CR if you want one. :D

#1: Grey Speckle/Azure Current/Platinum Crackle.

13320405_350.png

Adult scry:

dragonpic2.php?body=6&wing=27&style=13&gender=0&ages=1&prig=4&secg=6&tert=4&elem=5&tertgene=6&spec=prev.png

#2: Obsidian Ripple/Navy Current/White Crackle.

13320407_350.png

Adult scry:

dragonpic2.php?body=10&wing=20&style=13&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=6&tert=2&elem=5&tertgene=6&spec=prev.png
tumblr_omdjqr5YYp1r4lw2fo1_500.png
@Cien: Oml Lan.

Laaaaaan water ya doin'.

Please take care of yourself. And that egg. The road is long, not to mention very hard...

...but I have faith in you.

*busts out the cheering pompoms*

You can do it!
@Cien: Oml Lan.

Laaaaaan water ya doin'.

Please take care of yourself. And that egg. The road is long, not to mention very hard...

...but I have faith in you.

*busts out the cheering pompoms*

You can do it!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9