Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Free bios (I swear this time) OPEN
1 2 3
I am bad at keeping on top of things. As soon as people start posting I get stressed out and disappear... Anyways, once AGAIN offering my hand at these things. I am terrible at doing these consistently, as I am still in school and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=118378&tab=dragon&did=9016835]my[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=118378&tab=dragon&did=8358968]bios[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=118378&tab=dragon&did=5476848]are[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=118378&tab=dragon&did=7852087]ridiculously[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=118378&tab=dragon&did=7863662]long[/url]. Here's what I'm offering: [quote][b]Quotes[/b][/quote] Give me a dragon personality and I'll write up a quick quote, like you see in the first bit of all those bios up there, along with a tiny bit of a dialogue with an unseen other. For example, for a dragon that is a bit of a shady, pushy merchant: [i]Don't you know? These are the best in the region. Don't believe me? Well, how would you know if you didn't try?[/i] [quote][b]Short Bio[/b][/quote] A paragraph or two about the dragon's overall personality. Give me a few points, like how they came to be in their clan and what their role is. If you don't tell me, I may skip over you, as I have trouble coming up with my own ideas. [quote][b]Long Bio[/b][/quote] I would really appreciate a tip for this because a long bio will be more often than not over 1000+ words long and will take me a good day or two to do. This requires at least a bare bones of a bio already written. Because I don't really do well writing from scratch. So... post below! If you like them, considering visiting my actual shop [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1355005/1]here[/url].
I am bad at keeping on top of things. As soon as people start posting I get stressed out and disappear...

Anyways, once AGAIN offering my hand at these things. I am terrible at doing these consistently, as I am still in school and my bios are ridiculously long.

Here's what I'm offering:
Quote:
Quotes
Give me a dragon personality and I'll write up a quick quote, like you see in the first bit of all those bios up there, along with a tiny bit of a dialogue with an unseen other. For example, for a dragon that is a bit of a shady, pushy merchant:
Don't you know? These are the best in the region.
Don't believe me?
Well, how would you know if you didn't try?

Quote:
Short Bio
A paragraph or two about the dragon's overall personality. Give me a few points, like how they came to be in their clan and what their role is. If you don't tell me, I may skip over you, as I have trouble coming up with my own ideas.
Quote:
Long Bio
I would really appreciate a tip for this because a long bio will be more often than not over 1000+ words long and will take me a good day or two to do. This requires at least a bare bones of a bio already written. Because I don't really do well writing from scratch.

So... post below!

If you like them, considering visiting my actual shop here.
uCR5SCW.png
Perhaps you could write a short bio for this guy? I'm trying to write bios for my entire clan but I get stuck a lot. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=571883] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5719/571883_350.png[/img] [/url] Name's Cypress, I was thinking he would be kind of fatherly, understanding…observant? His job is to gather fresh water for the clan every week and help get it back to the lair, but that's all I've got for him.
Perhaps you could write a short bio for this guy? I'm trying to write bios for my entire clan but I get stuck a lot.

571883_350.png

Name's Cypress, I was thinking he would be kind of fatherly, understanding…observant? His job is to gather fresh water for the clan every week and help get it back to the lair, but that's all I've got for him.
CyxcE9w.png
@FloatingInSpace I'd like a couple of short bios, if that's okay? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10957390] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/109574/10957390_350.png[/img] [/url] Siilik - Both her parents are coli dergs. She is the clan scout/explorer. Brave, often speaks her mind. Best friends with Byzanti. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10821713] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/108218/10821713_350.png[/img] [/url] Okeanos - Despite coming from an Arcane nest, he has a strong connection with the ocean. He's very shy, and speaks with a bit of a stutter. Has a crush on Siilik, but will probably never tell her.
@FloatingInSpace
I'd like a couple of short bios, if that's okay?

10957390_350.png

Siilik -
Both her parents are coli dergs. She is the clan scout/explorer. Brave, often speaks her mind. Best friends with Byzanti.

10821713_350.png

Okeanos -
Despite coming from an Arcane nest, he has a strong connection with the ocean. He's very shy, and speaks with a bit of a stutter. Has a crush on Siilik, but will probably never tell her.
@BlackEmber42

Here it goes:
Quote:
Cypress had been born on the edges of the Starfall Isles, in a land of knowledge. It had never interested him, that land of knowledge. Instead, he found the sea and breeze much more thrilling. And yet, through his childhood, he had found that the knowledge that seemed to dance on the breeze on the gave him a perspective few were privy to, of the way the world turned and the way that nearly everyone fit in. He watched other dragons come to learn of the knowledge that the Arcane dragons had and learned to be understanding of those that came for it, for all had blights and all wanted solutions.

However, Cypress found that handing out knowledge was not for him. He would much rather play with the youthful or lend an ear to the hurting. He found the sea as enamoring as ever, and would always be found by it, playing with the young.

One day, he heard of the land that the spirals came from. He heard of the great Windsinger and his domain. So he took off, with knowledge and bright eyes, and traveled there. He took with him nothing more than his ears and his love of all.

By the time he had settled in a clan, he had seen much of the Steppes. The leader of the group, a Guardian, informed him that he must find himself a role. So Cypress, with his love of all, told her that he enjoyed the water and listening. So he was tasked with taking water to and from the clan and any moment he had, he would sit down and listen with a patient ear, content to aid others in his own way.
@BlackEmber42

Here it goes:
Quote:
Cypress had been born on the edges of the Starfall Isles, in a land of knowledge. It had never interested him, that land of knowledge. Instead, he found the sea and breeze much more thrilling. And yet, through his childhood, he had found that the knowledge that seemed to dance on the breeze on the gave him a perspective few were privy to, of the way the world turned and the way that nearly everyone fit in. He watched other dragons come to learn of the knowledge that the Arcane dragons had and learned to be understanding of those that came for it, for all had blights and all wanted solutions.

However, Cypress found that handing out knowledge was not for him. He would much rather play with the youthful or lend an ear to the hurting. He found the sea as enamoring as ever, and would always be found by it, playing with the young.

One day, he heard of the land that the spirals came from. He heard of the great Windsinger and his domain. So he took off, with knowledge and bright eyes, and traveled there. He took with him nothing more than his ears and his love of all.

By the time he had settled in a clan, he had seen much of the Steppes. The leader of the group, a Guardian, informed him that he must find himself a role. So Cypress, with his love of all, told her that he enjoyed the water and listening. So he was tasked with taking water to and from the clan and any moment he had, he would sit down and listen with a patient ear, content to aid others in his own way.
uCR5SCW.png
@FloatingInSpace

I like it! Thank you so much :)
@FloatingInSpace

I like it! Thank you so much :)
CyxcE9w.png
@Tanagwal

I'm only doing one for now. ;^^
Quote:
Siilik had long known that fighting required bravery, that it required being able to stand up against those that were tougher. Her parents were both brave, both strong fighters that defended their clan from attackers. So Siilik swore to herself that she would grow and be brave as well.

Siilik was eager to begin her training, often asking the elders to allow her a chance to fight alongside others. But she was young and her parents worried for her own safety. So instead, the leader assigned her as the scout, in order to give her experience. But it soon became clear that she found the outdoors more interesting, often heading off in a different direction to examine the far reaches of their territory.

So they named her the explorer, allowing her to travel to those far reaches and bring back word of what was happening. She found herself satisfied with her role in the clan and continued to go farther and farther out, to train harder and face tougher adversaries so that she might one day be a true fighter, among her parents.

Of course, Siilik's job also gave her a sense of freedom. She found that whatever she spoke about the outer reaches of their land was heard and important. She began to speak her mind wherever she went, believing that if it was so important that she kept true in her role, than she ought to keep true in all. While some found it irritating, given that she was prone to blunt truths, others found it enduring and a wise choice, including her friend Byzanti, who fought among the true fighters in her clan. The two formed a tight friendship, bound by their mutual toughness and an admiration for each other. Byzanti found Siilik's job as a scouter and explorer vital to protecting the clan, and Siilik the same to Byzanti. The two can often be found together, teaching one another their own tricks.

Edit:
JK, here's your second one. :D
Quote:
Okeanos was born on the edges of the Starfall Isles, the land of knowledge and magic, bound to the pursuit of all things that would enlighten dragonkind. Of course, Okeanos never found himself drawn to that. Perhaps that was why he was often found by the waters edge, dipping his paws into the smooth surface or gliding across it, away from the Starwood Strands and along the coast. No one raised anything more than an eyebrow. Arcane dragons had long since accepted that not everyone would find themselves satisfied with such things as knowledge.

But the difference resonated with him, though it was never spoken aloud. He would glance around libraries, watching peers pour over books and letters and scriptures of days gone by and Okeanos would feel out of place. He retreated deeper into his own haven that was the sea, preferring to play with the calm droplets than the other dragons around. No one payed him any mind; if he was happy, he was happy.

Okeanos found himself satisfied with the water and the coolness of it. He found himself alright with the quiet of the land and the fact that nearly no one required him speak. But through the years, he found himself retreating deeper into his own mind, staring at others with an overwhelming urge to be alone, with the calm water.

His shyness began to grown, showing through the way he stammered when speaking, always feeling out of place with others. So one day, he left, to follow the calm sea and find a place along it. He eventually found himself at the Steppes, the land of Spirals and the Windsinger, and was taken in. There, he found himself drawn to a Skydancer, though she could not have been more different. Her voice rang out against the crowd when he ducked among it. Her voice said what she thought while his stuttered out a sentence or two that barely got his point across.

Her name was Siilik and he found her beautiful. But she found herself among a louder crowd, a crowd that Okeanos was not sure he belonged in. So he stayed out of it. But every now and then, he would toy with the idea of walking up to her and confessing about he enjoyed the way the wind ruffled her feathers and how bright her laugh was to his ears.

But, like all things, Okeanos found the water much more calm, much more to what he found was his comfort zone. So he stayed by it.
@Tanagwal

I'm only doing one for now. ;^^
Quote:
Siilik had long known that fighting required bravery, that it required being able to stand up against those that were tougher. Her parents were both brave, both strong fighters that defended their clan from attackers. So Siilik swore to herself that she would grow and be brave as well.

Siilik was eager to begin her training, often asking the elders to allow her a chance to fight alongside others. But she was young and her parents worried for her own safety. So instead, the leader assigned her as the scout, in order to give her experience. But it soon became clear that she found the outdoors more interesting, often heading off in a different direction to examine the far reaches of their territory.

So they named her the explorer, allowing her to travel to those far reaches and bring back word of what was happening. She found herself satisfied with her role in the clan and continued to go farther and farther out, to train harder and face tougher adversaries so that she might one day be a true fighter, among her parents.

Of course, Siilik's job also gave her a sense of freedom. She found that whatever she spoke about the outer reaches of their land was heard and important. She began to speak her mind wherever she went, believing that if it was so important that she kept true in her role, than she ought to keep true in all. While some found it irritating, given that she was prone to blunt truths, others found it enduring and a wise choice, including her friend Byzanti, who fought among the true fighters in her clan. The two formed a tight friendship, bound by their mutual toughness and an admiration for each other. Byzanti found Siilik's job as a scouter and explorer vital to protecting the clan, and Siilik the same to Byzanti. The two can often be found together, teaching one another their own tricks.

Edit:
JK, here's your second one. :D
Quote:
Okeanos was born on the edges of the Starfall Isles, the land of knowledge and magic, bound to the pursuit of all things that would enlighten dragonkind. Of course, Okeanos never found himself drawn to that. Perhaps that was why he was often found by the waters edge, dipping his paws into the smooth surface or gliding across it, away from the Starwood Strands and along the coast. No one raised anything more than an eyebrow. Arcane dragons had long since accepted that not everyone would find themselves satisfied with such things as knowledge.

But the difference resonated with him, though it was never spoken aloud. He would glance around libraries, watching peers pour over books and letters and scriptures of days gone by and Okeanos would feel out of place. He retreated deeper into his own haven that was the sea, preferring to play with the calm droplets than the other dragons around. No one payed him any mind; if he was happy, he was happy.

Okeanos found himself satisfied with the water and the coolness of it. He found himself alright with the quiet of the land and the fact that nearly no one required him speak. But through the years, he found himself retreating deeper into his own mind, staring at others with an overwhelming urge to be alone, with the calm water.

His shyness began to grown, showing through the way he stammered when speaking, always feeling out of place with others. So one day, he left, to follow the calm sea and find a place along it. He eventually found himself at the Steppes, the land of Spirals and the Windsinger, and was taken in. There, he found himself drawn to a Skydancer, though she could not have been more different. Her voice rang out against the crowd when he ducked among it. Her voice said what she thought while his stuttered out a sentence or two that barely got his point across.

Her name was Siilik and he found her beautiful. But she found herself among a louder crowd, a crowd that Okeanos was not sure he belonged in. So he stayed out of it. But every now and then, he would toy with the idea of walking up to her and confessing about he enjoyed the way the wind ruffled her feathers and how bright her laugh was to his ears.

But, like all things, Okeanos found the water much more calm, much more to what he found was his comfort zone. So he stayed by it.
uCR5SCW.png
Gimmie dragons to write about!
Gimmie dragons to write about!
uCR5SCW.png
Maybe this guy? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12678595] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/126786/12678595_350.png[/img] [/url] He's fatherly, authoritative, gentle, yet stern. And he's very wise. (this dragon is based on King Daphnes from the Legend of Zelda series btw)
Maybe this guy?

12678595_350.png

He's fatherly, authoritative, gentle, yet stern. And he's very wise. (this dragon is based on King Daphnes from the Legend of Zelda series btw)
nPEtuOq.png SILN8af.gif VO3icXF.png
@CleverCorvid

Do you have anyone that isn't based off of someone else? ;^^ I get nervous around that stuff, especially since I feel like I won't be able to capture the true personality, since you've already got something else to compare to. If you don't that's ok. Also, don't forget to ping!
@CleverCorvid

Do you have anyone that isn't based off of someone else? ;^^ I get nervous around that stuff, especially since I feel like I won't be able to capture the true personality, since you've already got something else to compare to. If you don't that's ok. Also, don't forget to ping!
uCR5SCW.png
@FloatingInSpace I have these two here: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9841834] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/98419/9841834_350.png[/img] [/url] Corvid is a bookworm, and a bit on the quiet side. But if it's one thing she's great at, it's gathering valuable info wherever she goes. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10172713] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/101728/10172713_350.png[/img] [/url] Hawk is a wanderer and a bit of a loner. He's had to fend for himself a lot, so it's made him a bit gruff.
@FloatingInSpace

I have these two here:

9841834_350.png

Corvid is a bookworm, and a bit on the quiet side. But if it's one thing she's great at, it's gathering valuable info wherever she goes.

10172713_350.png

Hawk is a wanderer and a bit of a loner. He's had to fend for himself a lot, so it's made him a bit gruff.
nPEtuOq.png SILN8af.gif VO3icXF.png
1 2 3