Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Nuzlocke] Embracing The Storm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
[center][img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/8aaf2525d5e8a47b85a2fbe3c6c0be00/tumblr_nnsv5y6OLt1rexxmqo1_540.png[/img][/center] Art by @bongo <3 [b]Notes: [/b] 1. This is a 'baby level Nuzlocke' My Nuzlock clan starts at Fraust in my lair. 2. I started writing this initially on tumblr, so the first few 'parts' will be posted rather quickly. I will update this as I write, there is no set time for a new part to pop up, but I have never taken more than a week to update. (work pending) 3. [b]Rules: Mod: [/b] (Most rules are 100% from FR original Nuzlocke Thread. Some though, have been tweaked.) [b]How to start[/b] 1. File a specific page start with Nuz ‘clan’ at the top left. (Page 7) 2. Select the lone ‘survivor’. MEET [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=58522&tab=dragon&did=9622371]FRAUST[/url] 3. Get an egg. Hatch it. MEET BUBBLE [spoiler]Deceased[/spoiler]. 4. These are the two sole members of your clan - the lone survivor, and an [s]orphaned hatchling, perhaps found among the rubble of the fatal disaster.[/s] [b]DAY 2[/b]; HATCHLING GIFTED BY @Kaial (Matured For Sake of Coli Help..) MEET [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=58522&did=12344786]VINX[/url] [b]The Rules:[/b] 1. You can buy a dragon from the AH after you’ve leveled three dragons to level 25. 2. You can only buy one egg a month. 3. You can’t scatter scroll a dragon until they’ve reached level 25. 4. You can’t give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can’t give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can’t give them a tertiary gene until level 20. 5. For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon. —- 1 Egg Found day 2 MEET [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=58522&did=12463806]ELDERBERRY[/url] ——-Mirror BC Scroll Purchased (Not Used) 6. You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli. [indent] Since I'm still feeding the rest of my Lair; everything is carefully calculated by hand ([b]KILL ME NOW[/b])[/indent] 7. If a dragon faints in the coli, it’s dead. Exalt. 8. Gifted Hatchlings/Eggs Accepted (1 per helper/per Week) 9. No refreshing to coli. Flee button is all you can use. 10. 'Wanderer dragons Accepted (same rule applies for the Gifted hatchlings.) [b]Nests[/b] 1. For every hatchling, flip a coin. 2. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt. 3. If heads, you have a survivor.
tumblr_nnsv5y6OLt1rexxmqo1_540.png
Art by @bongo <3
Notes:
1. This is a 'baby level Nuzlocke' My Nuzlock clan starts at Fraust in my lair.
2. I started writing this initially on tumblr, so the first few 'parts' will be posted rather quickly.
I will update this as I write, there is no set time for a new part to pop up, but I have never taken more than a week to update. (work pending)

Rules:
Mod:

(Most rules are 100% from FR original Nuzlocke Thread. Some though, have been tweaked.)

How to start
1. File a specific page start with Nuz ‘clan’ at the top left. (Page 7)

2. Select the lone ‘survivor’. MEET FRAUST
3. Get an egg. Hatch it. MEET BUBBLE Deceased.
4. These are the two sole members of your clan - the lone survivor, and an orphaned hatchling, perhaps found among the rubble of the fatal disaster.

DAY 2; HATCHLING GIFTED BY @Kaial (Matured For Sake of Coli Help..) MEET VINX

The Rules:

1. You can buy a dragon from the AH after you’ve leveled three dragons to level 25.
2. You can only buy one egg a month.
3. You can’t scatter scroll a dragon until they’ve reached level 25.
4. You can’t give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can’t give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can’t give them a tertiary gene until level 20.
5. For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon.

—- 1 Egg Found day 2 MEET ELDERBERRY
——-Mirror BC Scroll Purchased (Not Used)

6. You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli.
Since I'm still feeding the rest of my Lair; everything is carefully calculated by hand (KILL ME NOW)
7. If a dragon faints in the coli, it’s dead. Exalt.
8. Gifted Hatchlings/Eggs Accepted (1 per helper/per Week)
9. No refreshing to coli. Flee button is all you can use.
10. 'Wanderer dragons Accepted (same rule applies for the Gifted hatchlings.)

Nests
1. For every hatchling, flip a coin.
2. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt.
3. If heads, you have a survivor.
hhceN5m.png
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ♠I'm Quin!
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
Pinglist: Vosa, Antaria, XaentheUndead, Kaial, ArgenteaMoon, Tiirran, BatCatization, Digimon11, NivellaQ87, SakuFox, Rintalia, AriaTLoak, kaorusquee, Synsouls, GyroZeppeli, darkmekmon

People from Nuzlocke Tumblr: Sallin, SpectralDragon, Mutation
Pinglist: Vosa, Antaria, XaentheUndead, Kaial, ArgenteaMoon, Tiirran, BatCatization, Digimon11, NivellaQ87, SakuFox, Rintalia, AriaTLoak, kaorusquee, Synsouls, GyroZeppeli, darkmekmon

People from Nuzlocke Tumblr: Sallin, SpectralDragon, Mutation
hhceN5m.png
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
Current Adults:
Fraust, Vinx, Elderberry, Athena, Deimos, Yaaziel, Ettic, Phathum, Jacint, , Dandelion, Maitha, Unnamed

Current Hatchlings:
Rosie

Deceased:
Bubble, An, Avia
Notes: @Alxias (For future reference)
Current Adults:
Fraust, Vinx, Elderberry, Athena, Deimos, Yaaziel, Ettic, Phathum, Jacint, , Dandelion, Maitha, Unnamed

Current Hatchlings:
Rosie

Deceased:
Bubble, An, Avia
Notes: @Alxias (For future reference)
hhceN5m.png
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
CURRENT TUNES: (Titles can contain spoilers to a point?)

Link ,
CURRENT TUNES: (Titles can contain spoilers to a point?)

Link ,
hhceN5m.png
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
People who have donated any and everything to this amazing story.

Chimecho, Kaial, SpectralDragon, Vosa, XaentheUndead, TalaniSilverwolf
People who have donated any and everything to this amazing story.

Chimecho, Kaial, SpectralDragon, Vosa, XaentheUndead, TalaniSilverwolf
hhceN5m.png
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
Part One: "Back Home"

There are days I just didn’t want to wake up. Days I’d spend forever, eyes half opened to the brightness of the outside world. Today was one of those days. The day prior, hadn’t been gentle. It hadn’t been normal. In any sense of the word. One of the dragons in Emberash had been corrupted by the darkness, and her apprentice; if one could have even called him that, had finally snapped on her. When I arrived, full of pep and ready to fight, I was met with magma, blood, and another angry Arcane Ridgeback, and he just under my own size. Nehera, was an outcast for what that woman had cursed him with– but it made him no less strong.

I never liked the boy. Even before she did what she did. But after; I was disgusted by him. He was weak mentally, failing every step of his training. He was horrible in the coli, he was horrible at guarding the gate, and he cowered behind me if we were on guard together. I hated him for so many reasons, but his appearance wasn’t one of them. I could name so many reasons, but I won’t. Because he.. He’s the reason I was about to lose everything I’d managed to keep together here.

Light flooded into my pupils; and I had to stretch awake. It was delightfully cooler this deep down into the mountain, and the heat from outside gave it an awkwardly comfortable warmth. I’d miss it here. I knew that much.

But I knew what was coming to me.

Standing; gathering my items; my weapons, nearly everything in case things went down– or I was put on road guard again, I strode out of my den, and towards the magma pits.

In the scuffle ysterday, I’d been battered pretty badly; my long, sharp knife nose had splintered at the end, and broken a few inches from the front. I had gashes down my arms and sides I had personally bandaged. Destin, a large imperial from Ice flight of all places, had healed me rather simply. The wounds still hurt.

Suck it up Fraust. I could do this.

Deksu; one of my best of friends appeared bolting towards me. The mirror– once a Guardian, halted, trying to catch his breath. “I’m not going to let them do this!” He snarled, “You did nothing wrong!”

I cocked my head to the side; I knew what he was talking about, but I never once thought he’d actually miss me. “Hows An taking this..?”

He bit his tongue, his four eyes searching for something to adjust on; rather than boring a hole into my skull. His ears twitched in the stress. “She’s not happy. I can tell you that much.”

“I didn’t expect her to be.” I suddenly felt horrible. I could leave this place easily. I could go and have no issues at all– but then there was An. I’d only met her a few months ago; but we’d hit it off right away and we already had a beautiful family together– and grandbabies on top of that. I felt a horrible ache grow within me.

“Fraust, hello?” Deksu was right I needed to pull my self together. This wouldn’t be the end of the world.

“Praise Stormcatcher, what in the seven hells are we even doing..?” He cursed.

We were both lightning. An was water. I’m unsure as to how that happened. Perhaps the fates drove us together like some strange..

“FRAUST.”

“Holy hells I’m sorry, I keep.. overthinking.” Shaking my head, I followed the mirror to the gates; where yet another oddly coloured ridgeback sat guard, a small, dark Nocturne perched on his head. “Good morning Shaden.” I mused, ignoring the male.

“Good morning Shaden.”

“I know you can talk in more than mimicry.” I growled, but was only met with a bitter snarl from her mate– what a strange couple. “Alright alright. I was called here, who needs me?”

“That’s the issue at hand; isn’t it..?” I hated that voice. More than anything. It never led to good news. Ever. “You know exactly why you’re here. Unless you’d like for me to call my assiss–”

“Not appropriate. I really don’t need that man breathing down my neck, thanks but no thanks.” I snorted; I’d not meant to be so harsh on words, but talking to the Skydancer was like interrogation.

“So what do you suggest we do about this situation?” She sat, studying me. I could feel her eyes burning holes through me, but I paid it no mind.

“How about you start with a fair trial, instead of tossing demands around.” Deksu stepped in, the hot-headed mirror didn’t seem to budge in his sense either. “What you’re doing here is wrong.”

“What I’m ‘doing’ here is protecting my clan from dangerous people.”

“Wait, wait wait. Dangerous..? Me–”

“You’ve bullied both of the children who were cursed, you’ve picked on Bannen of all people! You are a bully and a criminal.”

I snorted, name calling? Really? But what was I really expecting..? "I’m done here.“

"Excuse me? You can’t just leave in the middle of–”

“No, I can’t let you do that!” Deksu growled, seemingly the only one who understood my words. “This is blasphemy!”

“Is it?” I mused, “I am obviously unwanted here; and perhaps if I leave on good terms– not getting violently angry; maybe she’ll change her mind somewhere down the road.”

“Not likely.” Ehmbur growled. “But you’ve made your choice.” She cast her gaze towards the gate. “Shaden would you be a dear and fetch me some food for Fraust on his travels?”

The Nocturne darted off; and slowly I began to regret what I had just said. “Can I go talk to An..?”

“I’d rather it if you didn't.” She snorted, crossing her arms, and sitting back on her legs. “There is enough drama around here as it is.”

Seething anger nipped at the back of my mind, and keeping silent and reserved was so much harder than it should have been. What in the eleven was I going on about anyway? It wasn't as if I’d never been on my own before. I’d wandered here as a hatchling– through even, the shifting expanse. That’s where I’d go.

Back home.
Part One: "Back Home"

There are days I just didn’t want to wake up. Days I’d spend forever, eyes half opened to the brightness of the outside world. Today was one of those days. The day prior, hadn’t been gentle. It hadn’t been normal. In any sense of the word. One of the dragons in Emberash had been corrupted by the darkness, and her apprentice; if one could have even called him that, had finally snapped on her. When I arrived, full of pep and ready to fight, I was met with magma, blood, and another angry Arcane Ridgeback, and he just under my own size. Nehera, was an outcast for what that woman had cursed him with– but it made him no less strong.

I never liked the boy. Even before she did what she did. But after; I was disgusted by him. He was weak mentally, failing every step of his training. He was horrible in the coli, he was horrible at guarding the gate, and he cowered behind me if we were on guard together. I hated him for so many reasons, but his appearance wasn’t one of them. I could name so many reasons, but I won’t. Because he.. He’s the reason I was about to lose everything I’d managed to keep together here.

Light flooded into my pupils; and I had to stretch awake. It was delightfully cooler this deep down into the mountain, and the heat from outside gave it an awkwardly comfortable warmth. I’d miss it here. I knew that much.

But I knew what was coming to me.

Standing; gathering my items; my weapons, nearly everything in case things went down– or I was put on road guard again, I strode out of my den, and towards the magma pits.

In the scuffle ysterday, I’d been battered pretty badly; my long, sharp knife nose had splintered at the end, and broken a few inches from the front. I had gashes down my arms and sides I had personally bandaged. Destin, a large imperial from Ice flight of all places, had healed me rather simply. The wounds still hurt.

Suck it up Fraust. I could do this.

Deksu; one of my best of friends appeared bolting towards me. The mirror– once a Guardian, halted, trying to catch his breath. “I’m not going to let them do this!” He snarled, “You did nothing wrong!”

I cocked my head to the side; I knew what he was talking about, but I never once thought he’d actually miss me. “Hows An taking this..?”

He bit his tongue, his four eyes searching for something to adjust on; rather than boring a hole into my skull. His ears twitched in the stress. “She’s not happy. I can tell you that much.”

“I didn’t expect her to be.” I suddenly felt horrible. I could leave this place easily. I could go and have no issues at all– but then there was An. I’d only met her a few months ago; but we’d hit it off right away and we already had a beautiful family together– and grandbabies on top of that. I felt a horrible ache grow within me.

“Fraust, hello?” Deksu was right I needed to pull my self together. This wouldn’t be the end of the world.

“Praise Stormcatcher, what in the seven hells are we even doing..?” He cursed.

We were both lightning. An was water. I’m unsure as to how that happened. Perhaps the fates drove us together like some strange..

“FRAUST.”

“Holy hells I’m sorry, I keep.. overthinking.” Shaking my head, I followed the mirror to the gates; where yet another oddly coloured ridgeback sat guard, a small, dark Nocturne perched on his head. “Good morning Shaden.” I mused, ignoring the male.

“Good morning Shaden.”

“I know you can talk in more than mimicry.” I growled, but was only met with a bitter snarl from her mate– what a strange couple. “Alright alright. I was called here, who needs me?”

“That’s the issue at hand; isn’t it..?” I hated that voice. More than anything. It never led to good news. Ever. “You know exactly why you’re here. Unless you’d like for me to call my assiss–”

“Not appropriate. I really don’t need that man breathing down my neck, thanks but no thanks.” I snorted; I’d not meant to be so harsh on words, but talking to the Skydancer was like interrogation.

“So what do you suggest we do about this situation?” She sat, studying me. I could feel her eyes burning holes through me, but I paid it no mind.

“How about you start with a fair trial, instead of tossing demands around.” Deksu stepped in, the hot-headed mirror didn’t seem to budge in his sense either. “What you’re doing here is wrong.”

“What I’m ‘doing’ here is protecting my clan from dangerous people.”

“Wait, wait wait. Dangerous..? Me–”

“You’ve bullied both of the children who were cursed, you’ve picked on Bannen of all people! You are a bully and a criminal.”

I snorted, name calling? Really? But what was I really expecting..? "I’m done here.“

"Excuse me? You can’t just leave in the middle of–”

“No, I can’t let you do that!” Deksu growled, seemingly the only one who understood my words. “This is blasphemy!”

“Is it?” I mused, “I am obviously unwanted here; and perhaps if I leave on good terms– not getting violently angry; maybe she’ll change her mind somewhere down the road.”

“Not likely.” Ehmbur growled. “But you’ve made your choice.” She cast her gaze towards the gate. “Shaden would you be a dear and fetch me some food for Fraust on his travels?”

The Nocturne darted off; and slowly I began to regret what I had just said. “Can I go talk to An..?”

“I’d rather it if you didn't.” She snorted, crossing her arms, and sitting back on her legs. “There is enough drama around here as it is.”

Seething anger nipped at the back of my mind, and keeping silent and reserved was so much harder than it should have been. What in the eleven was I going on about anyway? It wasn't as if I’d never been on my own before. I’d wandered here as a hatchling– through even, the shifting expanse. That’s where I’d go.

Back home.
hhceN5m.png
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
Part Two: "Bubble"

At first everything went realitivly.. well. I suppose. It was quiet, and nothing bothered me as long as I took the tunnels. But I knew by the time night fell I’d cross over into the Shifting Expanse, and from there.. I’d have to craft a makeshift home. There would be no cooked meals tonight, no savory dinners. It’d be hard enough finding water..

I pressed that thought as far back in my mind as I could.

Underground things felt much more homey. I had so little to worry about it made time for me to think on what was going on. What drove me? What kept me going? Why the idea of being out on my own really didn’t phase me as much as it certainly should have.

Did I just walk to my death..?

I sighed, grasping for the bag of foods Ehmbur had graciously provided me with. I pushed a handful of fish into my maw, and savored the raw flavors. There were no fish in the desert. It’d be a long while before I’d have enough stamina to brave the wilderness to get to the oceans. Even then… Ehh.. Water. The idea of water pushed a horrible thought into my mind and I quickly chose to forget what it was.

Finishing up my snack, I’d turned to replace the bag on my back when I swore I felt something watching me. It’d been the first time I’d had any sense that someone was around me since I left Deksu back at the gate hours ago, and frankly it was a little unnerving.

But I didn’t see anything. Nothing at all.

With a shrug, I pushed off to hopefully make it out of the tunnels before dark. The feeling, as much as I tried to ignore it, persisted the whole time I walked. Trying my hardest to ignore it; I felt pain rush into my mind. Mental pain, mind you. Nothing physical, other than the fact that it made me feel absolutely sick to my stomach even thinking about it. An. I’d left An all alone with out family; and Ehmbur hadn’t even let me say goodbye. I’m sure Deksu would tell her the news but.. That was just horrible. For a long while I worried that she’d come out here looking for me, but I managed to brainwash myself into thinking Ehmbur would have had the sense (hah) to bar the gate from those related to me from leaving.

That simply couldn’t be the case. For one, my son would need his practice for fighting– and An would need to go with her foraging crew. Deksu might. No, no Desksu might not have a family but he’s so much smarter than that.

Something strange alerted my attention; I nearly broke a portion out of the wall turning around so quickly. But the sound that spooked me was small, insignificant; even. And there before me; following me with heavy breaths, squeaked a tiny little fae. “Where did you come from?” I asked, the strange brown object didn’t answer me with more than a tiny squeak. This little thing was a baby.

No. No this was not happening. I was not taking care of a child. I hadn’t even made it to the Expanse yet! “Where did you come from?” I repeated; though it was obviously clear that the child originated under the Tidelords’ protection. How in the world it got out here was beyond him. Another monotone squeak confirmed my notions.

If I left her here she’d die to the cruel heat of the Wastes; or if she made it to the Expanse.. the same fate took her there. Grumbling, I offered her my tail; and the baby climbed up onto my back– we were off again.

Things had just dropped into an oblivion I’d never once ever imagined. Was I a father again? To an orphaned baby I knew nothing about? How would I feed a fae in the expanse, all I had was sea food, and not nearly enough of that to last the next few days either.

My mind was made up near instantly. We’d have to stay here, in the tunnels, for the rest of the day. I’d have to fight to find her some food. This was beginning to get so stressful.

The day could have been over, it could have been night; I really didn’t know. It felt like we’d been walking for days. The baby had fallen asleep on my head, and while at first it bothered me, now I hardly realized she was there. I had unknowingly been thinking about names for her, more than anything. I couldn't just call her baby. Before I knew it she’d be an adult. She was impeccably calm, for a lost little one stuck in a cave; and I was never good at names. An normally did that.

“Water flight..” I mused, “I will call you Bubble.”

Bubble didn’t budge, she was fast asleep.
Part Two: "Bubble"

At first everything went realitivly.. well. I suppose. It was quiet, and nothing bothered me as long as I took the tunnels. But I knew by the time night fell I’d cross over into the Shifting Expanse, and from there.. I’d have to craft a makeshift home. There would be no cooked meals tonight, no savory dinners. It’d be hard enough finding water..

I pressed that thought as far back in my mind as I could.

Underground things felt much more homey. I had so little to worry about it made time for me to think on what was going on. What drove me? What kept me going? Why the idea of being out on my own really didn’t phase me as much as it certainly should have.

Did I just walk to my death..?

I sighed, grasping for the bag of foods Ehmbur had graciously provided me with. I pushed a handful of fish into my maw, and savored the raw flavors. There were no fish in the desert. It’d be a long while before I’d have enough stamina to brave the wilderness to get to the oceans. Even then… Ehh.. Water. The idea of water pushed a horrible thought into my mind and I quickly chose to forget what it was.

Finishing up my snack, I’d turned to replace the bag on my back when I swore I felt something watching me. It’d been the first time I’d had any sense that someone was around me since I left Deksu back at the gate hours ago, and frankly it was a little unnerving.

But I didn’t see anything. Nothing at all.

With a shrug, I pushed off to hopefully make it out of the tunnels before dark. The feeling, as much as I tried to ignore it, persisted the whole time I walked. Trying my hardest to ignore it; I felt pain rush into my mind. Mental pain, mind you. Nothing physical, other than the fact that it made me feel absolutely sick to my stomach even thinking about it. An. I’d left An all alone with out family; and Ehmbur hadn’t even let me say goodbye. I’m sure Deksu would tell her the news but.. That was just horrible. For a long while I worried that she’d come out here looking for me, but I managed to brainwash myself into thinking Ehmbur would have had the sense (hah) to bar the gate from those related to me from leaving.

That simply couldn’t be the case. For one, my son would need his practice for fighting– and An would need to go with her foraging crew. Deksu might. No, no Desksu might not have a family but he’s so much smarter than that.

Something strange alerted my attention; I nearly broke a portion out of the wall turning around so quickly. But the sound that spooked me was small, insignificant; even. And there before me; following me with heavy breaths, squeaked a tiny little fae. “Where did you come from?” I asked, the strange brown object didn’t answer me with more than a tiny squeak. This little thing was a baby.

No. No this was not happening. I was not taking care of a child. I hadn’t even made it to the Expanse yet! “Where did you come from?” I repeated; though it was obviously clear that the child originated under the Tidelords’ protection. How in the world it got out here was beyond him. Another monotone squeak confirmed my notions.

If I left her here she’d die to the cruel heat of the Wastes; or if she made it to the Expanse.. the same fate took her there. Grumbling, I offered her my tail; and the baby climbed up onto my back– we were off again.

Things had just dropped into an oblivion I’d never once ever imagined. Was I a father again? To an orphaned baby I knew nothing about? How would I feed a fae in the expanse, all I had was sea food, and not nearly enough of that to last the next few days either.

My mind was made up near instantly. We’d have to stay here, in the tunnels, for the rest of the day. I’d have to fight to find her some food. This was beginning to get so stressful.

The day could have been over, it could have been night; I really didn’t know. It felt like we’d been walking for days. The baby had fallen asleep on my head, and while at first it bothered me, now I hardly realized she was there. I had unknowingly been thinking about names for her, more than anything. I couldn't just call her baby. Before I knew it she’d be an adult. She was impeccably calm, for a lost little one stuck in a cave; and I was never good at names. An normally did that.

“Water flight..” I mused, “I will call you Bubble.”

Bubble didn’t budge, she was fast asleep.
hhceN5m.png
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
Part Three: "Long Way Home"

I had little luck in creating a small makeshift den in the tunnels; as Bubble did not like the noise. She’d flap her weird little head frills around and bark at me as I carved the obsidian out to make myself a small bed.

She eventually calmed, curling up between my claws. “Goodnight little Bubble. We’re going hunting in the morning. I’ll find you some worms.”

She had not the slightest idea what I was talking about. I’m not entirely sure why I spoke to her to begin with. It all seemed nearly pointless. But something about it reminded me of my children, the thoughts plagued me. I had a really bad feeling about tomorrow.

Probably for good reason.

The weather was erratic, but we were nearing the Expanse and that was to be expected. It didn’t help our move though. I downed a small fish for the sake of energy, and had to listen to the baby bark at me in her strange monotone chirps. I knew she was hungry; but there was nothing I could do to help her. Not yet. She’d curled up within my armor this time; to stay out of the rain. It confused me a little; she was water, but she was not at all a fan of the rain. She’d curl up under my tunic and not come out.

Her whimpers of aches soon brought me to a halt; despite the rain. It’d last a while; it was no where near done. It might never be done. Poor girl. But her damned whimpering was getting on my nerves. I didn’t have food for her; I wasn’t her damned father. I was just the unfortunate soul who got stuck with the strange brown thing. I was half tempted to leave her back at the cave.

Behind thousands of dunes stood the mountainfaces; where the storms got even worse. Or, we could potentially attempt a life in the canyon– no one would bother us there, nearly nothing lived there to begin with. It could help in raising this dumb brown frilled object.

I’d mentally agreed with myself that the canyon was the best idea. They say it’s healthy to talk to yourself, as long as you don’t agree with yourself. Suffice to say I’d already lost my mind. And it was only day two out on my own.

The walk was uneventful; we’d left the tunnels, and I was well aware of the dangers that threatened us. The Expanse didn’t scare me; it was home, and the electricity in the air made things feel so much more calm, it was really hard to describe. I was so lost in thought at this point, I nearly fell on my face when something that was much larger than a grain of sand happened under a claw. Stumbling to regain my footing; Bubble snarking at me for rudely awakening her from her tiny slumber, I stepped to the side.

No.

This was not happening to me. “Lord Stormcatcher, WHY?!” I snarled, arching my head to the thunderous blasts in the sky. I lowered my eyes on the sickly-greenish egg and exhaled. “We’re going to have to find a place to stay.” I said to myself in general, and I guess to the brown thing, I only randomly decided to call by her name. I carefully took the egg from the sand; and placed it in my bag; shaking my head as we carried on. My feelings from the day prior felt all the more real now. Everything was falling apart. I had no means to take care of two babies on top of myself. Heck I could hardly care for myself as it was.

Bubbles’ whimpers had returned; and I was having a hard time ignoring them. I started to feel myself linger. As if life was starting to crumble under each of my footholds, and the sand beneath me would soon fall away through a sort of strainer into nothingness. It was strange, but my head started to spin. Shaking it off was easier said than done. I’d have to find something soft for these things to sleep on; they were -not- sleeping with me once I had carved something large enough to be considered a lair.

Dust storms followed, as rain began to slack away; and Bubble, once happy as the rain faded, had again retreated under my clothes under the harsh sun. It didn’t bother me. The distant thunder sounded like that of a distant song; and it made me tired to say the very least. Searching for a good place was not something I intended to do; I found a rockface, and simply began to dig.

Bubble; once more, shrieked her dislike for the loud sounds of stone carving. Her little flappy frills flapping in ways I would never understand. I never really cared to either, to be blunt. I would keep her alive, that’s all that I was here for. I did not care about anything else.

When my den was ‘finished’ I made a bed indentation for myself, and started to sort the items in my bag. I placed the egg on top of the bag; it was really the only thing that I had that was.. 'soft’, and plopped the tiny fae on top. “You keep that warm, you hear? You stay here. I’m going to go find you some food so you’ll stop your whimpering.

With that, I turned, and exited the cave; thank the Stormcatcher the brown thing didn’t follow.
Part Three: "Long Way Home"

I had little luck in creating a small makeshift den in the tunnels; as Bubble did not like the noise. She’d flap her weird little head frills around and bark at me as I carved the obsidian out to make myself a small bed.

She eventually calmed, curling up between my claws. “Goodnight little Bubble. We’re going hunting in the morning. I’ll find you some worms.”

She had not the slightest idea what I was talking about. I’m not entirely sure why I spoke to her to begin with. It all seemed nearly pointless. But something about it reminded me of my children, the thoughts plagued me. I had a really bad feeling about tomorrow.

Probably for good reason.

The weather was erratic, but we were nearing the Expanse and that was to be expected. It didn’t help our move though. I downed a small fish for the sake of energy, and had to listen to the baby bark at me in her strange monotone chirps. I knew she was hungry; but there was nothing I could do to help her. Not yet. She’d curled up within my armor this time; to stay out of the rain. It confused me a little; she was water, but she was not at all a fan of the rain. She’d curl up under my tunic and not come out.

Her whimpers of aches soon brought me to a halt; despite the rain. It’d last a while; it was no where near done. It might never be done. Poor girl. But her damned whimpering was getting on my nerves. I didn’t have food for her; I wasn’t her damned father. I was just the unfortunate soul who got stuck with the strange brown thing. I was half tempted to leave her back at the cave.

Behind thousands of dunes stood the mountainfaces; where the storms got even worse. Or, we could potentially attempt a life in the canyon– no one would bother us there, nearly nothing lived there to begin with. It could help in raising this dumb brown frilled object.

I’d mentally agreed with myself that the canyon was the best idea. They say it’s healthy to talk to yourself, as long as you don’t agree with yourself. Suffice to say I’d already lost my mind. And it was only day two out on my own.

The walk was uneventful; we’d left the tunnels, and I was well aware of the dangers that threatened us. The Expanse didn’t scare me; it was home, and the electricity in the air made things feel so much more calm, it was really hard to describe. I was so lost in thought at this point, I nearly fell on my face when something that was much larger than a grain of sand happened under a claw. Stumbling to regain my footing; Bubble snarking at me for rudely awakening her from her tiny slumber, I stepped to the side.

No.

This was not happening to me. “Lord Stormcatcher, WHY?!” I snarled, arching my head to the thunderous blasts in the sky. I lowered my eyes on the sickly-greenish egg and exhaled. “We’re going to have to find a place to stay.” I said to myself in general, and I guess to the brown thing, I only randomly decided to call by her name. I carefully took the egg from the sand; and placed it in my bag; shaking my head as we carried on. My feelings from the day prior felt all the more real now. Everything was falling apart. I had no means to take care of two babies on top of myself. Heck I could hardly care for myself as it was.

Bubbles’ whimpers had returned; and I was having a hard time ignoring them. I started to feel myself linger. As if life was starting to crumble under each of my footholds, and the sand beneath me would soon fall away through a sort of strainer into nothingness. It was strange, but my head started to spin. Shaking it off was easier said than done. I’d have to find something soft for these things to sleep on; they were -not- sleeping with me once I had carved something large enough to be considered a lair.

Dust storms followed, as rain began to slack away; and Bubble, once happy as the rain faded, had again retreated under my clothes under the harsh sun. It didn’t bother me. The distant thunder sounded like that of a distant song; and it made me tired to say the very least. Searching for a good place was not something I intended to do; I found a rockface, and simply began to dig.

Bubble; once more, shrieked her dislike for the loud sounds of stone carving. Her little flappy frills flapping in ways I would never understand. I never really cared to either, to be blunt. I would keep her alive, that’s all that I was here for. I did not care about anything else.

When my den was ‘finished’ I made a bed indentation for myself, and started to sort the items in my bag. I placed the egg on top of the bag; it was really the only thing that I had that was.. 'soft’, and plopped the tiny fae on top. “You keep that warm, you hear? You stay here. I’m going to go find you some food so you’ll stop your whimpering.

With that, I turned, and exited the cave; thank the Stormcatcher the brown thing didn’t follow.
hhceN5m.png
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
Part Four: "Eggs. The True Horror Stories."

Fighting was easy.

Fighting alone felt so much better than being crammed up close to a team I wasn’t even fond of to begin with. For a while I’d forgotten I was fighting for the survival of children from an abandoned home. I was actually starting to have fun; so I’d advanced onward, never staying in one place for long. I’d found no bugs though; tons of seafood, which was good for me– tons of honeycombs, plants and plants and seafood– never any bugs.

It took at least four hours of fighting before I managed to scrounge together four bugs.

Four.

Any other time I’d be more than lucky in finding moth wings at the very least. The gods were playing very cruel tricks on me; it would seem.

When it’d become dark; I returned.. ‘home’, Bubble was cuddled up with a little purply Guardian baby– I’d only assumed the egg had hatched while I was gone. Good. Less of a connection to have to deal with. It could see Bubble as a really odd mom all it wanted. I didn’t want that drama. I decided to let them both sleep; set the foods down, and took my own rest.

It stormed that night; as it near always did. I found myself awake most of the night, staring out the mouth of the cave, at the lightning and rain. The flashes illuminating a wild forest of jagged jutting skeletal corpses in the distance. The silence gave me time to think about An; and how she was doing. How our family was doing. Day two, and I already felt like I was going insane over heartbreak.

Me.

Of all people. Heartbreak.

Exhaling, I heard something at the edge of the cave. On high alert, I slunk out of the cave, and towards the sound. It seemed to be getting farther away; but I wasn’t very comfortable with anything -here- nearby by den. So I followed it.

I don’t know what I was expecting– but what I found wasn’t it. And I wish I hadn’t found it. I wish I hadn’t left the cave.

“Are you following me..?” I snarled at the strangely coloured bat-thing.

“Following me!” It snapped back.

“I hate all of you.” I growled. Nocturnes were all the same. You could teach them, but this one seemed to already -be- an adult. “What are you doing here? You’re not lightning.”

“You’re not lightning.”

“You know what, you just stay here.” Sighing, I turned, and left.

It, though, of course followed me with no intention on staying in the rainstorm.

…I honestly expected it to follow me. “If you’re staying here, you’re going to help gather food.” I told it, as it carefully held out a ton of bugs. I gaped at it. “Fine, you can stay.”

~

Morning broke too early. I wanted to sleep a little bit longer but the girls demanded food; thus.. it was breakfast time. Things still felt really strange, waking up to the little faces hovering over me; the guardian was having some issues with balance. I laughed. I would laugh.

I had no intention of helping it. She was a super weird colouration; and plague at that? The last time I had a run in with a plague dragon she’d dabbled in some shade touched crap and things just went downhill from there.

Those red eyes.. They unnerved me to the core; baby or not.

I made a mental note to try and ignore that. She’d need care too; or at the very least the same amount the brown thing got from me. But I’d have fed them both, and the strange thing perched on the Ceiling. “Do you have a name, stranger?” I called, expecting mimicry at the very most.

“Vinx.” He beamed. “Vinx Vinx Vinx Vinx!”

“Yes, alright hush up. I liked you better when you were quiet.” I growled, this was going to be a pain. At least I could take annoying flapbat into the fray with me to get some more food.

I watched from my bed; as I’d hoped for at least another few hours to rest, while the others played. The new Guardian was stll getting used to her feet; Bubble was trying to help but she was so small it was impossible; and Vinx sat in the corner, afraid of getting yelled at again.

Day three certainly was strange.. It was quiet though, other than the children making all of their unnessicary noise. Fortunatly for us, that didn’t really draw in much attention, as nothing really braved the area we’d found solace. It was somewhat amusing, watching the babies play. I didn’t have to lift a finger; Vinx, or whatever its’ name was kept an uneasy eye on the outside world. Though we never really ran into trouble; it was always a good idea to keep an eye out. The last thing we needed was some attacker in here.

Doubted anything like that would ever even happen; but there was no reason not to be careful. It was strange, how things all panned out all of a sudden. I lied here, with just enough food to feed them as well as myself– a guard on the gate, and two little babies from completely different places, and species at that, playing as if they were sisters.

They weren’t of course; and that note reminded me that I’d still have to call the Guardian.. something.. other than 'creep’; but really, the only thing I was reminded of when I looked at her was Apo, and that image sent chills over my spines. Something just made me feel wholly uncomfortable around all plague flight since Apo; not many dragons get to see someone get consumed by shade. I’d trade those that havn’t seen it for anything. The fight still riddled my dreams, the way it spoke, the way it felt.

“Da.”

I blinked; my mind shook. What..? I looked down at the little Fae, and tilted my head. “What do you want..? Food?”

“Da!” She squeaked, smiling her weird awkward little fae smile, as she perched on top of the Guardian baby. “Da da da da!”

I felt my heart sink.
Part Four: "Eggs. The True Horror Stories."

Fighting was easy.

Fighting alone felt so much better than being crammed up close to a team I wasn’t even fond of to begin with. For a while I’d forgotten I was fighting for the survival of children from an abandoned home. I was actually starting to have fun; so I’d advanced onward, never staying in one place for long. I’d found no bugs though; tons of seafood, which was good for me– tons of honeycombs, plants and plants and seafood– never any bugs.

It took at least four hours of fighting before I managed to scrounge together four bugs.

Four.

Any other time I’d be more than lucky in finding moth wings at the very least. The gods were playing very cruel tricks on me; it would seem.

When it’d become dark; I returned.. ‘home’, Bubble was cuddled up with a little purply Guardian baby– I’d only assumed the egg had hatched while I was gone. Good. Less of a connection to have to deal with. It could see Bubble as a really odd mom all it wanted. I didn’t want that drama. I decided to let them both sleep; set the foods down, and took my own rest.

It stormed that night; as it near always did. I found myself awake most of the night, staring out the mouth of the cave, at the lightning and rain. The flashes illuminating a wild forest of jagged jutting skeletal corpses in the distance. The silence gave me time to think about An; and how she was doing. How our family was doing. Day two, and I already felt like I was going insane over heartbreak.

Me.

Of all people. Heartbreak.

Exhaling, I heard something at the edge of the cave. On high alert, I slunk out of the cave, and towards the sound. It seemed to be getting farther away; but I wasn’t very comfortable with anything -here- nearby by den. So I followed it.

I don’t know what I was expecting– but what I found wasn’t it. And I wish I hadn’t found it. I wish I hadn’t left the cave.

“Are you following me..?” I snarled at the strangely coloured bat-thing.

“Following me!” It snapped back.

“I hate all of you.” I growled. Nocturnes were all the same. You could teach them, but this one seemed to already -be- an adult. “What are you doing here? You’re not lightning.”

“You’re not lightning.”

“You know what, you just stay here.” Sighing, I turned, and left.

It, though, of course followed me with no intention on staying in the rainstorm.

…I honestly expected it to follow me. “If you’re staying here, you’re going to help gather food.” I told it, as it carefully held out a ton of bugs. I gaped at it. “Fine, you can stay.”

~

Morning broke too early. I wanted to sleep a little bit longer but the girls demanded food; thus.. it was breakfast time. Things still felt really strange, waking up to the little faces hovering over me; the guardian was having some issues with balance. I laughed. I would laugh.

I had no intention of helping it. She was a super weird colouration; and plague at that? The last time I had a run in with a plague dragon she’d dabbled in some shade touched crap and things just went downhill from there.

Those red eyes.. They unnerved me to the core; baby or not.

I made a mental note to try and ignore that. She’d need care too; or at the very least the same amount the brown thing got from me. But I’d have fed them both, and the strange thing perched on the Ceiling. “Do you have a name, stranger?” I called, expecting mimicry at the very most.

“Vinx.” He beamed. “Vinx Vinx Vinx Vinx!”

“Yes, alright hush up. I liked you better when you were quiet.” I growled, this was going to be a pain. At least I could take annoying flapbat into the fray with me to get some more food.

I watched from my bed; as I’d hoped for at least another few hours to rest, while the others played. The new Guardian was stll getting used to her feet; Bubble was trying to help but she was so small it was impossible; and Vinx sat in the corner, afraid of getting yelled at again.

Day three certainly was strange.. It was quiet though, other than the children making all of their unnessicary noise. Fortunatly for us, that didn’t really draw in much attention, as nothing really braved the area we’d found solace. It was somewhat amusing, watching the babies play. I didn’t have to lift a finger; Vinx, or whatever its’ name was kept an uneasy eye on the outside world. Though we never really ran into trouble; it was always a good idea to keep an eye out. The last thing we needed was some attacker in here.

Doubted anything like that would ever even happen; but there was no reason not to be careful. It was strange, how things all panned out all of a sudden. I lied here, with just enough food to feed them as well as myself– a guard on the gate, and two little babies from completely different places, and species at that, playing as if they were sisters.

They weren’t of course; and that note reminded me that I’d still have to call the Guardian.. something.. other than 'creep’; but really, the only thing I was reminded of when I looked at her was Apo, and that image sent chills over my spines. Something just made me feel wholly uncomfortable around all plague flight since Apo; not many dragons get to see someone get consumed by shade. I’d trade those that havn’t seen it for anything. The fight still riddled my dreams, the way it spoke, the way it felt.

“Da.”

I blinked; my mind shook. What..? I looked down at the little Fae, and tilted my head. “What do you want..? Food?”

“Da!” She squeaked, smiling her weird awkward little fae smile, as she perched on top of the Guardian baby. “Da da da da!”

I felt my heart sink.
hhceN5m.png
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
MOAR @Alxias MOAR
MOAR @Alxias MOAR
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23