Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Because We Are Survivors [Nuzlocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Chapter 3: The Mechanisms of Growing Up

Day 8
Arliin seems to have forgot everything. Bless Tundra and their short memories. Battlecry is still angry. I tried to approach her, but she growled and went away. I don't know what to do with her. We'll have to talk, this... Thing can't continue.

"Where are we going, Carooon?" Arliin asked. "I don't like the smell, I never met it before."
The Spiral chuckled, and quickly looked at the flat pieces of sand he had found while scavenging. "You'll see. I think you'll like it." He could already hear the chattering, and he was sure both Battlecry and Arliin could, too. He threw a worried glance at the Mirror, who still looked angry. He hoped he was doing a good thing, but the two needed some time together. Probably.
He wasn't that much of a good guide, so he was just doing what he thought could be fun for both of them.
He could see it now, and both Battlecry and Arliin stopped to stare, gaping, at what was in front of them. Caron grinned.
"Welcome to the Wavecrest Saturnalia!"

Day 9
I brought the hatchling to the Wavecrest Saturnalia. They're having a lot of fun. Arliin is digging for shells, Battlecry running after a water sprite. I would've preferred it if they played together, but I guess I can't ask that much. What's important is that they both have fun.

Day 9, addendum
It also seems like Battlecry learned how to swim, somehow. Arliin is too afraid to swim, but he's still splashing around in shallow waters. I surely don't envy his fur, though.
They've both grown so much. They already look like adults.

Day 10
I gave the two something to wear. I thought it would be nice, since the apparel that was left behind fits them. Battlecry loved her armor (or at least I think so, she didn't actually react much. Just wore it and walked away), and since I didn't have anything nice for Arliin I bought him a hat. I think he likes it, he kept talking about how much he loved it.
I think they're old enough now. Tomorrow I'm bringing them to the Coliseum.

Battlecry hissed as she scratched the bumble yet again.
"Good, Battlecry! Arliin, can you finish it off?" Caron asked, tail wavering in excitement. The Tundra bit his lip hesitantly and closed his eyes for a few seconds, only to open them again.
"I don't have enough breath" he murmured, staring at his feet.
"Don't worry, keep meditating. Battlecry, it's all yours!" Caron declared, moving out of the way so the vicious Mirror could kill the overgrown insect.
A few seconds later, there was only a mass of blood and flesh left of their enemy.
"That's... Uh, good. Good work, both of you!" the Spiral said, looking rather pensive. "I'm hindering your progress by being here." he finally said after a few moments. "I should go away and let you fight by yourselves. You'll gain much more experience that way, without me damaging the monsters for you."
Arliin shifted, evidently uncomfortable. "Can't you stay here?" he asked, still staring at his feet. Caron's heart skipped a beat at his words and intimidated behavior, but he forced himself to gently shake his head. That was what someone wiser would've done. Someone wise would've let the hatchlings who were not hatchlings anymore learn by themselves.
For a moment Caron wished he didn't have to be wise.
"Go away. And you too, Tundra. I can take them by myself." Battlecry said, finally raising her head from the dead bumble. Her face was covered in blood over the navy wrapping, and her eyes were on fire.
She looked like a savage warrior, and she looked like she wanted them both dead.
"I want to fight too..." Arliin murmured, still staring down. Caron was glad he couldn't see the Mirror's expression.
"Then don't get in the way." she snarled, and started running. Arliin hesitated for one more moment before following suit.
Caron stared at the two of them, running away and something very, very heavy and unpleasant grew in his chest.

Day 11
Battlecry and Arliin fought in the Coli today. I should be proud, but I'm not. I don't know why, but I'm insanely scared. It's the Training Fields, and they can't really die there, but it's so... Heavy. And painful. It hurts.
Still, I can't be disappointed in front of them, since there is nothing to be disappointed for. I gave them some treasure, let them go to the Saturnalia again. They deserve to have some fun, anyway. The Wavecrest Saturnalia may be nice by day, but by night it's one of the most beautiful festivities. I... Didn't really think that Battlecry might attack Arliin again when I let them, but now the doubt won't go away. I'll do something Gilas or Dyvad would do, and give them trust. I just hope they come back in one piece.

"This is... Beautiful." Arliin whispered, and even Battlecry had to grunt in affirmation. The thousands of colored lanterns gifting the water with new life, the stars reflecting in the ocean and creating two skies. It was not like the sunny beach games during the day. This was an entirely different magic.
"Ahem... Battlecry?" Arliin asked, interrupting the silence that had been born between the two. The Mirror glared at him.
"What?" she snarled.
"I... I thought that maybe we could buy a gift for Caron? Since he gave us gifts yesterday and all? I... Uh, maybe we could get him some... Fish or something?"
"Spirals don't eat fish." the female interrupted, but she was looking directly at the Tundra, and was much more relaxed. She was interested in the subject, apparently. "Caron eats insects, but he has plenty of those."
"Oh. I forgot. What... What does he like? Do you know?" Arliin asked, still nervous, but more confident in his idea.
"Lights. Goggles. Birds. Weird things like those. But he already has all of that. I know what we could get him."
"Oh? W...what?"
The Mirror's lips curled in something disturbingly similar to a smile.
"An egg!"

AN: I couldn't resist, I hatched that egg immediately. Technically day 12 is today anyway. I didn't quite get what I was hoping for, but I can work with the little one, and this is a Nuzlocke, it's not supposed to be easy. As I said, I can improvise! Meanwhile, if you want to get a peek at the future chapter, go to my lair and meet Vale, the newest addition!

Pinging: @ocularoracle @Yitzki @Lunila @BlueberryCrane @pensandink @Tiirran @Nihilo @KairiDragoness @Antaria @Rookery
Chapter 3: The Mechanisms of Growing Up

Day 8
Arliin seems to have forgot everything. Bless Tundra and their short memories. Battlecry is still angry. I tried to approach her, but she growled and went away. I don't know what to do with her. We'll have to talk, this... Thing can't continue.

"Where are we going, Carooon?" Arliin asked. "I don't like the smell, I never met it before."
The Spiral chuckled, and quickly looked at the flat pieces of sand he had found while scavenging. "You'll see. I think you'll like it." He could already hear the chattering, and he was sure both Battlecry and Arliin could, too. He threw a worried glance at the Mirror, who still looked angry. He hoped he was doing a good thing, but the two needed some time together. Probably.
He wasn't that much of a good guide, so he was just doing what he thought could be fun for both of them.
He could see it now, and both Battlecry and Arliin stopped to stare, gaping, at what was in front of them. Caron grinned.
"Welcome to the Wavecrest Saturnalia!"

Day 9
I brought the hatchling to the Wavecrest Saturnalia. They're having a lot of fun. Arliin is digging for shells, Battlecry running after a water sprite. I would've preferred it if they played together, but I guess I can't ask that much. What's important is that they both have fun.

Day 9, addendum
It also seems like Battlecry learned how to swim, somehow. Arliin is too afraid to swim, but he's still splashing around in shallow waters. I surely don't envy his fur, though.
They've both grown so much. They already look like adults.

Day 10
I gave the two something to wear. I thought it would be nice, since the apparel that was left behind fits them. Battlecry loved her armor (or at least I think so, she didn't actually react much. Just wore it and walked away), and since I didn't have anything nice for Arliin I bought him a hat. I think he likes it, he kept talking about how much he loved it.
I think they're old enough now. Tomorrow I'm bringing them to the Coliseum.

Battlecry hissed as she scratched the bumble yet again.
"Good, Battlecry! Arliin, can you finish it off?" Caron asked, tail wavering in excitement. The Tundra bit his lip hesitantly and closed his eyes for a few seconds, only to open them again.
"I don't have enough breath" he murmured, staring at his feet.
"Don't worry, keep meditating. Battlecry, it's all yours!" Caron declared, moving out of the way so the vicious Mirror could kill the overgrown insect.
A few seconds later, there was only a mass of blood and flesh left of their enemy.
"That's... Uh, good. Good work, both of you!" the Spiral said, looking rather pensive. "I'm hindering your progress by being here." he finally said after a few moments. "I should go away and let you fight by yourselves. You'll gain much more experience that way, without me damaging the monsters for you."
Arliin shifted, evidently uncomfortable. "Can't you stay here?" he asked, still staring at his feet. Caron's heart skipped a beat at his words and intimidated behavior, but he forced himself to gently shake his head. That was what someone wiser would've done. Someone wise would've let the hatchlings who were not hatchlings anymore learn by themselves.
For a moment Caron wished he didn't have to be wise.
"Go away. And you too, Tundra. I can take them by myself." Battlecry said, finally raising her head from the dead bumble. Her face was covered in blood over the navy wrapping, and her eyes were on fire.
She looked like a savage warrior, and she looked like she wanted them both dead.
"I want to fight too..." Arliin murmured, still staring down. Caron was glad he couldn't see the Mirror's expression.
"Then don't get in the way." she snarled, and started running. Arliin hesitated for one more moment before following suit.
Caron stared at the two of them, running away and something very, very heavy and unpleasant grew in his chest.

Day 11
Battlecry and Arliin fought in the Coli today. I should be proud, but I'm not. I don't know why, but I'm insanely scared. It's the Training Fields, and they can't really die there, but it's so... Heavy. And painful. It hurts.
Still, I can't be disappointed in front of them, since there is nothing to be disappointed for. I gave them some treasure, let them go to the Saturnalia again. They deserve to have some fun, anyway. The Wavecrest Saturnalia may be nice by day, but by night it's one of the most beautiful festivities. I... Didn't really think that Battlecry might attack Arliin again when I let them, but now the doubt won't go away. I'll do something Gilas or Dyvad would do, and give them trust. I just hope they come back in one piece.

"This is... Beautiful." Arliin whispered, and even Battlecry had to grunt in affirmation. The thousands of colored lanterns gifting the water with new life, the stars reflecting in the ocean and creating two skies. It was not like the sunny beach games during the day. This was an entirely different magic.
"Ahem... Battlecry?" Arliin asked, interrupting the silence that had been born between the two. The Mirror glared at him.
"What?" she snarled.
"I... I thought that maybe we could buy a gift for Caron? Since he gave us gifts yesterday and all? I... Uh, maybe we could get him some... Fish or something?"
"Spirals don't eat fish." the female interrupted, but she was looking directly at the Tundra, and was much more relaxed. She was interested in the subject, apparently. "Caron eats insects, but he has plenty of those."
"Oh. I forgot. What... What does he like? Do you know?" Arliin asked, still nervous, but more confident in his idea.
"Lights. Goggles. Birds. Weird things like those. But he already has all of that. I know what we could get him."
"Oh? W...what?"
The Mirror's lips curled in something disturbingly similar to a smile.
"An egg!"

AN: I couldn't resist, I hatched that egg immediately. Technically day 12 is today anyway. I didn't quite get what I was hoping for, but I can work with the little one, and this is a Nuzlocke, it's not supposed to be easy. As I said, I can improvise! Meanwhile, if you want to get a peek at the future chapter, go to my lair and meet Vale, the newest addition!

Pinging: @ocularoracle @Yitzki @Lunila @BlueberryCrane @pensandink @Tiirran @Nihilo @KairiDragoness @Antaria @Rookery
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
You're slaying me @Nimphy, keep killing it.
You're slaying me @Nimphy, keep killing it.
@Nimphy ehehe a new member! can't wait 8D
@Nimphy ehehe a new member! can't wait 8D
wUPaDX6.giflU6DxKp.gifF2CLJFU.gifoDwh7oi.gifofZcn45.gifZP5Quyj.gif
@Nimphy
Ahh, this is really good! Could you put me on your pinglist? I'd love to see what happens next! :D
@Nimphy
Ahh, this is really good! Could you put me on your pinglist? I'd love to see what happens next! :D
hatchery%20banner%20smaller.png
imperials, red and gold, triple midnight+ & storms dancers!
@Nimphy

It just keeps getting better!
@Nimphy

It just keeps getting better!
@Nimphy
Hello- may I be added to the pinglist? :D
@Nimphy
Hello- may I be added to the pinglist? :D
Nuzlocke
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif

Irrevocably hers.
@Nimphy

Holy cow this is awesome (I wish I could do something like this but I am broke*I know you have to earn it for the most part but still* and love my babies to much >~< XD)

Can You Please add me to your Ping List?!
@Nimphy

Holy cow this is awesome (I wish I could do something like this but I am broke*I know you have to earn it for the most part but still* and love my babies to much >~< XD)

Can You Please add me to your Ping List?!
@Nimphy

Can you add me to the ping list? This story is so intense, and you just LEFT it there. DX
@Nimphy

Can you add me to the ping list? This story is so intense, and you just LEFT it there. DX
SYJDX48.png
Chapter 4: A Look In the Mirror

Day 12
When I told Battlecry and Arliin to bring back something nice, I didn't mean an egg. Really, just how... How did they even think of an egg? Arliin wouldn't do such a thing and Battlecry seems to hate everyone else, so... An egg... Ah, well, we have a new member. He has beautiful blue eyes, and is pink. Everyone loves pink. He cries a lot though, and I don't know what to do to make him stop. I thought he was hungry, but he didn't stop even after eating. He sleeps very little and always wakes up crying. Battlecry and Arliin are away in the Coli, they left me alone to this... Thing. Thanks, Arcanist...

"Shh, Vale, why are you crying? Come on, we're not leaving forever, we're just training a bit. We'll come back in no time."
Both Caron and Arliin stood gaping at the unusual show in from of them. Battlecry, out of all people, was comforting the little Fae, covering him with her wings and whispering sweetly. Who would've guessed she was actually good with hatchlings.
"We'll be back before you even realize it, and we'll play together as soon as we're here. I'll even bring you something yummy."
"Don't go." Vale whined. "Don't go, you'll die!"
Battlecry laughed and nuzzled the hatchling for a brief moment before letting him go and walking towards the group. "Let's go!"

Day 13
Caron told me to write something in here. I can't fathom why. It's stupid. Also, I can read all that he wrote before, and he's stupid too.
We went fighting, tried the Woodland Paths this time. It was a nice challenge. I even got seriously injured for once. I found some moths to bring to Vale. He still doesn't look happy. I think the Tundra should stay with him if he's that afraid of being alone. We found him crying for a nightmare when we came back.

Day 13, Addendum
Uh, I'm supposed to write in here too, so hey Caron if you're reading this. I don't really know what to put in here? You said everything that I'm thinking, and I'm just thinking I don't know what to think.

"Good job, Arliin!" Caron cheered, after the Tundra's spell killed their enemy. The Spiral looked at the remnants of the Strangler and shivered. "Let's go back now. We've fought enough."
"No." came immediately Battlecry's response. Her voice was hoarse, probably from the blood in her throat.
Ridiculous hatchling.
"Battlecry, you aren't in conditions to fight. Let's head back and come tomorrow again." Caron insisted. The Mirror just snapped her jaws and started walking. She stopped in her tracks when she sensed an enemy.
There. In the bushes. She prepared to ambush the prey.
And felt something bite her neck.

Battlecry wasn't moving.
In one second, as he felt the world around him slow down, and was acutely aware of everything, yet at the same time aware of nothing but the Mirror, that was the only thing Arliin could think. Battlecry wasn't moving.
"Arliin!" Caron yelled, yanking him back into reality. The world sped up again, returning to its normal pace. "Arliin, run! We have to go, now!"

Day 14
She's gone. Arcanist, she's gone. Battlecry, my Battlecry is gone. I left her, I LEFT her there! She's dead, she's... She's gone. Oh Plaguebringer, what did I do? What did I do, why did I bring her there? What

Day 18
I'm Vale, and this is the recounting of what is currently happening in my den. I discovered this journal of Caron's just today. Caron, if you are reading this, I borrowed it without your permission. I am sorry.
Caron and Arliin have been inactive ever since they returned without Battlecry. Arliin has been crying a lot. Sometimes he goes out, but always walks only a few steps before coming back. He usually cries more after doing that. Caron doesn' do anything. He stays there, stares at the walls. Sometimes he remembers to eat. Sometimes he starts running against the walls, and hitting them on purpose. That makes me sad. I usually start crying, and if he notices he usually stops and hugs me.
They both seem to be reacting to Battlecry's death, I think. I don't know well. I told them, but they still seemed surprised. Was I the only one who knew she was going to die? Maybe the nightmares showed them other things? Or maybe they follow only me?

There were teardrops decorating Vale's addition to the journal. Some of them were already there when Caron had opened it and started reading. Many were his own.
"Oh, Vale." the Spiral whispered, so he wouldn't wake the sleeping Fae up in the middle of the night. "Vale, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."
"I know. You always say that." Vale whispered. Caron jumped at the unexpected whisper.
"I had a nightmare." the Fae explained. "I couldn't sleep."
The Spiral flew over to the little mass of pink and looked at it more closely. Vale had wrapped himself in his wings, hiding under them. Only his head peeked out, and his big, blue eyes were staring intently at the elder dragon. Caron's skin tingled in alert, but he still came closer to the Fae and scooped him in his arms.
"What... What was that nightmare? What did you see?" he hesitantly asked. He didn't know what to do about his nightmares, but if his suspicions were correct, maybe he knew what could help him.
"I saw fire. Fire in the trees. I got burned. I died. But I wasn't me." Vale's crest was dancing, now. Caron only wished he could understand Fae emotions.
"Who... Who were you, then?"
"I don't know."
For a moment, only the breathing of the three males could be heard, one lost in his dreams, one lost in his nightmares, and one in his guilt.
"Vale."
"Yes?"
"How are you feeling?" Caron asked, trying to swallow the lump in his throat. The Fae didn't move in his arms, but he could feel him tremble.
"I'm afraid."

Day 19
I'll take him somewhere. There must be someone who can do something. There are lots of seers in the Water Flight, one of them must know how to stop the nightmares or control the visions. I can definitely do something, something for Vale at least. I couldn't save Battlecry, but I can save him at least, I can do something for someone, at least him I can, at least him. I may be useless and the last person who should grow these hatchlings, but I can do
something. Gods help me, I can.

Day 19, Addendum
The problem is that she died so
fast. The others fell asleep, and had time to speak, but she. She was fighting, she was being my Battlecry, and then she just stopped being. It seems like she's going to come back any second now, even though logically I know she can't. I suppose this is what they call denial? I couldn't even take care of one hatchling, the one hatchling I promised Dyvad would be the one that rebuilt the clan... He would've taken good care of her, hell, everyone would've taken better care of her. I killed her. Oh Plaguebringer forgive me, I killed Battlecry...

Arliin's diary, entry 1
According to Caron this is day 20. I decided to use one of this ancient tomes we bring back from scavenging, because I don't want Caron to read this. He never bothers to hide his journal properly. I saw what he wrote yesterday. I don't really know why I'm writing this, but I'm worried for him. He's torn between his guilt for Battlecry and his wish to be a good father to us all, but he can't. I know how much he loved Battlecry. I don't see why he wouldn't. I barged in on his life, and Vale is... Not an easy hatchling. He's practically insane. I can see why he doesn't like us as much as he liked Battlecry, but I just wish he'd be that honest with himself. It would be better for all of us.

AN: Okay, so we have our first dead dragon. Honestly, I didn't expect it to be Battlecry, I really liked that chick. But so is life. Sorry for the inactivity, I haven't been very well emotionally for a while. Life is so, too. My little Mirror will be exalted as soon as her nest hatches - no, the nest is not a part of the Nuzlocke, it's a gift for the newbies. I really loved it when these kind people gave me dragons, so I want to do the same for the new players, too. And welcome to all new members, thanks for reading!

Pinging
@ocularoracle @Yitzki @Lunila @BlueberryCrane @pensandink @Tiirran @Nihilo@KairiDragoness @Antaria @Rookery @Cien @Caeoltoiri @BloodyAngel12
Chapter 4: A Look In the Mirror

Day 12
When I told Battlecry and Arliin to bring back something nice, I didn't mean an egg. Really, just how... How did they even think of an egg? Arliin wouldn't do such a thing and Battlecry seems to hate everyone else, so... An egg... Ah, well, we have a new member. He has beautiful blue eyes, and is pink. Everyone loves pink. He cries a lot though, and I don't know what to do to make him stop. I thought he was hungry, but he didn't stop even after eating. He sleeps very little and always wakes up crying. Battlecry and Arliin are away in the Coli, they left me alone to this... Thing. Thanks, Arcanist...

"Shh, Vale, why are you crying? Come on, we're not leaving forever, we're just training a bit. We'll come back in no time."
Both Caron and Arliin stood gaping at the unusual show in from of them. Battlecry, out of all people, was comforting the little Fae, covering him with her wings and whispering sweetly. Who would've guessed she was actually good with hatchlings.
"We'll be back before you even realize it, and we'll play together as soon as we're here. I'll even bring you something yummy."
"Don't go." Vale whined. "Don't go, you'll die!"
Battlecry laughed and nuzzled the hatchling for a brief moment before letting him go and walking towards the group. "Let's go!"

Day 13
Caron told me to write something in here. I can't fathom why. It's stupid. Also, I can read all that he wrote before, and he's stupid too.
We went fighting, tried the Woodland Paths this time. It was a nice challenge. I even got seriously injured for once. I found some moths to bring to Vale. He still doesn't look happy. I think the Tundra should stay with him if he's that afraid of being alone. We found him crying for a nightmare when we came back.

Day 13, Addendum
Uh, I'm supposed to write in here too, so hey Caron if you're reading this. I don't really know what to put in here? You said everything that I'm thinking, and I'm just thinking I don't know what to think.

"Good job, Arliin!" Caron cheered, after the Tundra's spell killed their enemy. The Spiral looked at the remnants of the Strangler and shivered. "Let's go back now. We've fought enough."
"No." came immediately Battlecry's response. Her voice was hoarse, probably from the blood in her throat.
Ridiculous hatchling.
"Battlecry, you aren't in conditions to fight. Let's head back and come tomorrow again." Caron insisted. The Mirror just snapped her jaws and started walking. She stopped in her tracks when she sensed an enemy.
There. In the bushes. She prepared to ambush the prey.
And felt something bite her neck.

Battlecry wasn't moving.
In one second, as he felt the world around him slow down, and was acutely aware of everything, yet at the same time aware of nothing but the Mirror, that was the only thing Arliin could think. Battlecry wasn't moving.
"Arliin!" Caron yelled, yanking him back into reality. The world sped up again, returning to its normal pace. "Arliin, run! We have to go, now!"

Day 14
She's gone. Arcanist, she's gone. Battlecry, my Battlecry is gone. I left her, I LEFT her there! She's dead, she's... She's gone. Oh Plaguebringer, what did I do? What did I do, why did I bring her there? What

Day 18
I'm Vale, and this is the recounting of what is currently happening in my den. I discovered this journal of Caron's just today. Caron, if you are reading this, I borrowed it without your permission. I am sorry.
Caron and Arliin have been inactive ever since they returned without Battlecry. Arliin has been crying a lot. Sometimes he goes out, but always walks only a few steps before coming back. He usually cries more after doing that. Caron doesn' do anything. He stays there, stares at the walls. Sometimes he remembers to eat. Sometimes he starts running against the walls, and hitting them on purpose. That makes me sad. I usually start crying, and if he notices he usually stops and hugs me.
They both seem to be reacting to Battlecry's death, I think. I don't know well. I told them, but they still seemed surprised. Was I the only one who knew she was going to die? Maybe the nightmares showed them other things? Or maybe they follow only me?

There were teardrops decorating Vale's addition to the journal. Some of them were already there when Caron had opened it and started reading. Many were his own.
"Oh, Vale." the Spiral whispered, so he wouldn't wake the sleeping Fae up in the middle of the night. "Vale, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."
"I know. You always say that." Vale whispered. Caron jumped at the unexpected whisper.
"I had a nightmare." the Fae explained. "I couldn't sleep."
The Spiral flew over to the little mass of pink and looked at it more closely. Vale had wrapped himself in his wings, hiding under them. Only his head peeked out, and his big, blue eyes were staring intently at the elder dragon. Caron's skin tingled in alert, but he still came closer to the Fae and scooped him in his arms.
"What... What was that nightmare? What did you see?" he hesitantly asked. He didn't know what to do about his nightmares, but if his suspicions were correct, maybe he knew what could help him.
"I saw fire. Fire in the trees. I got burned. I died. But I wasn't me." Vale's crest was dancing, now. Caron only wished he could understand Fae emotions.
"Who... Who were you, then?"
"I don't know."
For a moment, only the breathing of the three males could be heard, one lost in his dreams, one lost in his nightmares, and one in his guilt.
"Vale."
"Yes?"
"How are you feeling?" Caron asked, trying to swallow the lump in his throat. The Fae didn't move in his arms, but he could feel him tremble.
"I'm afraid."

Day 19
I'll take him somewhere. There must be someone who can do something. There are lots of seers in the Water Flight, one of them must know how to stop the nightmares or control the visions. I can definitely do something, something for Vale at least. I couldn't save Battlecry, but I can save him at least, I can do something for someone, at least him I can, at least him. I may be useless and the last person who should grow these hatchlings, but I can do
something. Gods help me, I can.

Day 19, Addendum
The problem is that she died so
fast. The others fell asleep, and had time to speak, but she. She was fighting, she was being my Battlecry, and then she just stopped being. It seems like she's going to come back any second now, even though logically I know she can't. I suppose this is what they call denial? I couldn't even take care of one hatchling, the one hatchling I promised Dyvad would be the one that rebuilt the clan... He would've taken good care of her, hell, everyone would've taken better care of her. I killed her. Oh Plaguebringer forgive me, I killed Battlecry...

Arliin's diary, entry 1
According to Caron this is day 20. I decided to use one of this ancient tomes we bring back from scavenging, because I don't want Caron to read this. He never bothers to hide his journal properly. I saw what he wrote yesterday. I don't really know why I'm writing this, but I'm worried for him. He's torn between his guilt for Battlecry and his wish to be a good father to us all, but he can't. I know how much he loved Battlecry. I don't see why he wouldn't. I barged in on his life, and Vale is... Not an easy hatchling. He's practically insane. I can see why he doesn't like us as much as he liked Battlecry, but I just wish he'd be that honest with himself. It would be better for all of us.

AN: Okay, so we have our first dead dragon. Honestly, I didn't expect it to be Battlecry, I really liked that chick. But so is life. Sorry for the inactivity, I haven't been very well emotionally for a while. Life is so, too. My little Mirror will be exalted as soon as her nest hatches - no, the nest is not a part of the Nuzlocke, it's a gift for the newbies. I really loved it when these kind people gave me dragons, so I want to do the same for the new players, too. And welcome to all new members, thanks for reading!

Pinging
@ocularoracle @Yitzki @Lunila @BlueberryCrane @pensandink @Tiirran @Nihilo@KairiDragoness @Antaria @Rookery @Cien @Caeoltoiri @BloodyAngel12
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
@Nimphy

Oh! I'm loving this. Can I be added to the pinglist too?
@Nimphy

Oh! I'm loving this. Can I be added to the pinglist too?
IMG_20150528_065448_zps8jkxpjc2.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7