Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Because We Are Survivors [Nuzlocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Oooohhhh, love love love the characterizations and just the flow so far! Keep up the great work!
Oooohhhh, love love love the characterizations and just the flow so far! Keep up the great work!
@Nimphy love it! Could I be added to the pinglist, please?
@Nimphy love it! Could I be added to the pinglist, please?
From Ashes is a Nuzlocke following the survivors of a devastating attack on a Fire clan as they struggle to survive and find a new home
Chapter 1: Battlecry
The egg was already cracking when Caron bought it. He used almost all the treasure that the clan had accumulated, but that was not a concern. By the time he arrived to the den, he was surprised the hatchling hadn't been born yet.

Unable to keep still, the Spiral started drawing circles in the air with his long body, waiting for the cracking to stop and the hatchling to come out. He wondered how it would be.

Hatch, hatch, hatch already!

A particularly loud crack made a piece of the egg fall. And another one. And another one.

Then came a loud scream.

Day 4
I did it. I went to the auction house and bought an egg. It took some searching to find a Plague one, but I wanted it to be Plague. It had to.
The egg hatched, and a Mirror female came out. She's beautiful. As soon as she came out of her egg, she started screaming. It wasn't afraid screaming, it looked more like a challenging screaming. I thought that Battlecry would be a good name for her. I know it, she's just the right person for rebuilding this clan.

Day 4, Addendum

She's very active. Seems to like chasing that glowing mouse around a lot. She can already run, quite fast too. I wonder how long it will be until she can fly.
She seemed quite amused when I accidentally tied myself into a knot a while ago, too.

Day 4, Addendum II

I tried to battle in the Coli today. I'm absolutely useless without Gilas and Camille there. Food is not a concern at the moment, but I thought I could fight by myself. I think I'll stick to the Training Fields for a while, or not fight at all. I don't want to die, now that there is someone in this den.

AN: okay, so new news! I changed the rules a bit more (as will often happen, until I am satisfied with them. Feel free to suggest changes), Battlecry is introduced to the story and the real Nuzlocke begins! Hehe, the first thought I had when I saw her was "wow, she's gorgeous!", then I checked again and saw that she has lemon as a tert color. Ouch.
Pinging: @ocularoracle @Yitzki @Lunila @BlueberryCrane @pensandink @Tiirran
Chapter 1: Battlecry
The egg was already cracking when Caron bought it. He used almost all the treasure that the clan had accumulated, but that was not a concern. By the time he arrived to the den, he was surprised the hatchling hadn't been born yet.

Unable to keep still, the Spiral started drawing circles in the air with his long body, waiting for the cracking to stop and the hatchling to come out. He wondered how it would be.

Hatch, hatch, hatch already!

A particularly loud crack made a piece of the egg fall. And another one. And another one.

Then came a loud scream.

Day 4
I did it. I went to the auction house and bought an egg. It took some searching to find a Plague one, but I wanted it to be Plague. It had to.
The egg hatched, and a Mirror female came out. She's beautiful. As soon as she came out of her egg, she started screaming. It wasn't afraid screaming, it looked more like a challenging screaming. I thought that Battlecry would be a good name for her. I know it, she's just the right person for rebuilding this clan.

Day 4, Addendum

She's very active. Seems to like chasing that glowing mouse around a lot. She can already run, quite fast too. I wonder how long it will be until she can fly.
She seemed quite amused when I accidentally tied myself into a knot a while ago, too.

Day 4, Addendum II

I tried to battle in the Coli today. I'm absolutely useless without Gilas and Camille there. Food is not a concern at the moment, but I thought I could fight by myself. I think I'll stick to the Training Fields for a while, or not fight at all. I don't want to die, now that there is someone in this den.

AN: okay, so new news! I changed the rules a bit more (as will often happen, until I am satisfied with them. Feel free to suggest changes), Battlecry is introduced to the story and the real Nuzlocke begins! Hehe, the first thought I had when I saw her was "wow, she's gorgeous!", then I checked again and saw that she has lemon as a tert color. Ouch.
Pinging: @ocularoracle @Yitzki @Lunila @BlueberryCrane @pensandink @Tiirran
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
@Nimphy stick me on that pinglist, please! Great start! :D
@Nimphy stick me on that pinglist, please! Great start! :D
Chapter 2: Arliin
Day 5

The hatchling is already learning how to speak. I'd say this is surprising, but it's not that rare. She's a bit aggressive, but that's just what you'd expect of a Mirror isn't it? I'm surprised she hasn't tired of running yet. I would've died if I were in her place.

The sun was covered by clouds, the day mercifully refreshing after a streak of hot days that drained all the energy out of Caron. He and Battlecry were out, for a walk. The Spiral figured that he might as well let the hatchling see the world around her and get acquainted with her surroundings as soon as possible. The Mirror was running in circles around everything that she found interesting - Caron was suddenly glad that the Living Contagion was so full of skeletons, because if it hadn't been he might've lost the hatchling. Not that he was having problems running behind her - actually, the two of them were chasing each other, both laughing.
Battlecry suddenly came to a dead stop, and started running in another direction, the laughter completely disappeared. Caron followed, and saw after a while what her heat sensors had probably picked up before his eyes - a small Tundra. The two came face to face with the hatchling, and Caron didn't even have time to speak before the Mirror ran up to him, eyes burning with rage.
"What is your name?" Battlecry hissed. Caron sighed. He would have to teach the hatchling some manners. The little Tundra looked incredibly afraid, but it was only understandable. After all, his little girl could be ferocious, it had only taken him two days to understand that.
"Arliin." he whispered, keeping his eyes away from the ones of the Mirror.
"What are you doing here?" she asked then, and Caron decided to intervene and stop the little Mirror from terrorizing the Tundra further.
"Hey Arliin! Where are your parents?" he asked, smiling, and flying around the hatchling to look at him in the face while preventing him from running away. He reckoned he could've looked threatening, but he needed the little one to stay put.
"I... I don't know..." Arliin mumbled. The Spiral simply waited for him to say more, smiling reassuringly all the while.
"I haven't seen them for a few days now. Since I was born, actually. They never came back and I went to look for them." the Tundra said. Caron frowned inside, but didn't let his smile drop.
"Come with us then! Join our clan!" he invited, moving away from the hatchling. He could run now, but the Spiral was sure he wouldn't. Arliin looked at Battlecry nervously.
"I don't know..." he whispered, and Battlecry hissed, narrowing her eyes.
Oh Arcanist, I'll have lots of work to do.
"I promise she won't do anything to you. Come on, come with us! You look tired."
The hatchling nodded hesitantly, still not taking his eyes off of Battlecry. Caron offered one of his forepaws to him. "Let's go?"

Day 6

We found a little Tundra in the forests. His name is Arliin. He apparently lost his family. I couldn't just leave him there, but Battlecry doesn't seem to like him. I can't see why, he is adorable (even though his memory is terrible. I had to repeat my name at least five times now). I hope they'll bond soon.

Day 6, Addendum

I'm finding my way of fighting in the Coliseum. It involves a lot more fleeing than I am comfortable with, but it's good for experience, and I need lots of experience if I want to grow stronger. I need to protect the hatchlings, at least until they're able to fight by themselves. I'm sure Battlecry will be a mighty warrior one day. Arliin... He might be better off taking care of the den.

Caron's concentration in tying himself into a knot that would be easy to undo shattered when a loud scream came from outside, where he knew that Battlecry and Arliin were playing. He immediately undid the knot, grateful he hadn't tied himself completely yet, and flied out as fast as he could, to find a hissing Battlecry and a crying and bleeding Arliin.
"What happened here?" he asked, voice booming like he didn't know it could. Arliin didn't seem to hear him, and Battlecry didn't reply, looking away.
"Battlecry!" Caron shouted, flying towards the Mirror. "What did you do?"
No reply, once again.
"What did you do, Battlecry?!" he shouted, flying in front of the hatchling and forcing her to look him in the eyes. She glared with all the might of a three-day old hatchling, but Caron could see a silent plead for help deep inside. He didn't know what to do, and before he could react, the girl ran away, hiding inside the den.
Well, this is just great.

Day 7
Battlecry bit Arliin today. I don't... I don't know what to do. I don't even know why she did it, and I can't punish her if I don't know her reasons, but she refuses to speak to anyone, and Arliin doesn't want me to blame her. He says he said or did something that annoyed her, but forgot what. I think he just doesn't know what it was.

Day 7, Addendum

Battlecry is still refusing to speak to anyone. She grabbed her dinner and ate it by herself. Arliin is trying to make small talk, either that or he forgot about the incident. Both are likely.
Blast it! This would've never happened if someone else were here. Anyone, even Kal with her impatience, would've taken better care of this situation. Come to think of it, Kal would probably be the best choice. I can't even force the exact happenings out of them.

AN: Lots and lots of thanks to @Nihilo for gifting Arliin to the story! Adorable ball of floof :3 And this begins the first little Arc, the Arliin one! I have a couple ideas, and if I'm right in my timing they will overlap with the Wavecrest Saturnalia Arc. Hehe. Hehehehe. This will be very interesting.

Pinging:
@ocularoracle @Yitzki @Lunila @BlueberryCrane @pensandink @Tiirran @Nihilo
Chapter 2: Arliin
Day 5

The hatchling is already learning how to speak. I'd say this is surprising, but it's not that rare. She's a bit aggressive, but that's just what you'd expect of a Mirror isn't it? I'm surprised she hasn't tired of running yet. I would've died if I were in her place.

The sun was covered by clouds, the day mercifully refreshing after a streak of hot days that drained all the energy out of Caron. He and Battlecry were out, for a walk. The Spiral figured that he might as well let the hatchling see the world around her and get acquainted with her surroundings as soon as possible. The Mirror was running in circles around everything that she found interesting - Caron was suddenly glad that the Living Contagion was so full of skeletons, because if it hadn't been he might've lost the hatchling. Not that he was having problems running behind her - actually, the two of them were chasing each other, both laughing.
Battlecry suddenly came to a dead stop, and started running in another direction, the laughter completely disappeared. Caron followed, and saw after a while what her heat sensors had probably picked up before his eyes - a small Tundra. The two came face to face with the hatchling, and Caron didn't even have time to speak before the Mirror ran up to him, eyes burning with rage.
"What is your name?" Battlecry hissed. Caron sighed. He would have to teach the hatchling some manners. The little Tundra looked incredibly afraid, but it was only understandable. After all, his little girl could be ferocious, it had only taken him two days to understand that.
"Arliin." he whispered, keeping his eyes away from the ones of the Mirror.
"What are you doing here?" she asked then, and Caron decided to intervene and stop the little Mirror from terrorizing the Tundra further.
"Hey Arliin! Where are your parents?" he asked, smiling, and flying around the hatchling to look at him in the face while preventing him from running away. He reckoned he could've looked threatening, but he needed the little one to stay put.
"I... I don't know..." Arliin mumbled. The Spiral simply waited for him to say more, smiling reassuringly all the while.
"I haven't seen them for a few days now. Since I was born, actually. They never came back and I went to look for them." the Tundra said. Caron frowned inside, but didn't let his smile drop.
"Come with us then! Join our clan!" he invited, moving away from the hatchling. He could run now, but the Spiral was sure he wouldn't. Arliin looked at Battlecry nervously.
"I don't know..." he whispered, and Battlecry hissed, narrowing her eyes.
Oh Arcanist, I'll have lots of work to do.
"I promise she won't do anything to you. Come on, come with us! You look tired."
The hatchling nodded hesitantly, still not taking his eyes off of Battlecry. Caron offered one of his forepaws to him. "Let's go?"

Day 6

We found a little Tundra in the forests. His name is Arliin. He apparently lost his family. I couldn't just leave him there, but Battlecry doesn't seem to like him. I can't see why, he is adorable (even though his memory is terrible. I had to repeat my name at least five times now). I hope they'll bond soon.

Day 6, Addendum

I'm finding my way of fighting in the Coliseum. It involves a lot more fleeing than I am comfortable with, but it's good for experience, and I need lots of experience if I want to grow stronger. I need to protect the hatchlings, at least until they're able to fight by themselves. I'm sure Battlecry will be a mighty warrior one day. Arliin... He might be better off taking care of the den.

Caron's concentration in tying himself into a knot that would be easy to undo shattered when a loud scream came from outside, where he knew that Battlecry and Arliin were playing. He immediately undid the knot, grateful he hadn't tied himself completely yet, and flied out as fast as he could, to find a hissing Battlecry and a crying and bleeding Arliin.
"What happened here?" he asked, voice booming like he didn't know it could. Arliin didn't seem to hear him, and Battlecry didn't reply, looking away.
"Battlecry!" Caron shouted, flying towards the Mirror. "What did you do?"
No reply, once again.
"What did you do, Battlecry?!" he shouted, flying in front of the hatchling and forcing her to look him in the eyes. She glared with all the might of a three-day old hatchling, but Caron could see a silent plead for help deep inside. He didn't know what to do, and before he could react, the girl ran away, hiding inside the den.
Well, this is just great.

Day 7
Battlecry bit Arliin today. I don't... I don't know what to do. I don't even know why she did it, and I can't punish her if I don't know her reasons, but she refuses to speak to anyone, and Arliin doesn't want me to blame her. He says he said or did something that annoyed her, but forgot what. I think he just doesn't know what it was.

Day 7, Addendum

Battlecry is still refusing to speak to anyone. She grabbed her dinner and ate it by herself. Arliin is trying to make small talk, either that or he forgot about the incident. Both are likely.
Blast it! This would've never happened if someone else were here. Anyone, even Kal with her impatience, would've taken better care of this situation. Come to think of it, Kal would probably be the best choice. I can't even force the exact happenings out of them.

AN: Lots and lots of thanks to @Nihilo for gifting Arliin to the story! Adorable ball of floof :3 And this begins the first little Arc, the Arliin one! I have a couple ideas, and if I'm right in my timing they will overlap with the Wavecrest Saturnalia Arc. Hehe. Hehehehe. This will be very interesting.

Pinging:
@ocularoracle @Yitzki @Lunila @BlueberryCrane @pensandink @Tiirran @Nihilo
Still happy to read your story :) I have two questions :
- Why did you choose Caron as your last dragon? Was it hard letting go of your progens?
- You seem to have a lot of ideas for your story, aren't you afraid of loosing a dragon to the coliseum and having to adapt, and abandon plot points because of it?

Thanks! :)
Still happy to read your story :) I have two questions :
- Why did you choose Caron as your last dragon? Was it hard letting go of your progens?
- You seem to have a lot of ideas for your story, aren't you afraid of loosing a dragon to the coliseum and having to adapt, and abandon plot points because of it?

Thanks! :)
@BlueberryCrane, my original idea actually had a progen as the survivor. The random one to be exact. Then I got Caron and he was incredibly pretty, but most of all not an experienced character. In my mind, Gilas is an old man. He would've been like a grandpa guiding a little one. That would've been nice, but then one day I was fighting in the Coli while planning my Nuzlocke, and thought that Caron (who was in the same team as Gilas and Camille at the time) would probably be distraught if he couldn't protect a hatchling, and realized that a character who was inexperienced would've been much more interesting to write (and I would get to keep a Spiral, I love Spirals!).
As for the second one, a death would bring disaster, and I would love it. While I have ideas for all of these characters, I prefer to improvise as I write, so a little surprise is more than welcome. (And actually, I decided that Caron can flee as many times as he needs in the Coli until Battlecry is old enough to fight, too. This is because they are still little, and without a guide this wouldn't go forward. For all of my other plot ideas, they will come and go as the Nuzlocke progresses :3
@BlueberryCrane, my original idea actually had a progen as the survivor. The random one to be exact. Then I got Caron and he was incredibly pretty, but most of all not an experienced character. In my mind, Gilas is an old man. He would've been like a grandpa guiding a little one. That would've been nice, but then one day I was fighting in the Coli while planning my Nuzlocke, and thought that Caron (who was in the same team as Gilas and Camille at the time) would probably be distraught if he couldn't protect a hatchling, and realized that a character who was inexperienced would've been much more interesting to write (and I would get to keep a Spiral, I love Spirals!).
As for the second one, a death would bring disaster, and I would love it. While I have ideas for all of these characters, I prefer to improvise as I write, so a little surprise is more than welcome. (And actually, I decided that Caron can flee as many times as he needs in the Coli until Battlecry is old enough to fight, too. This is because they are still little, and without a guide this wouldn't go forward. For all of my other plot ideas, they will come and go as the Nuzlocke progresses :3
@Nimphy Finally! A Nuzlocke I can follow from the beginning! Please add me to the pinglist!
@Nimphy Finally! A Nuzlocke I can follow from the beginning! Please add me to the pinglist!
@Nimphy I absolutely love it! May I be added to the ping list? =3
@Nimphy I absolutely love it! May I be added to the ping list? =3
wUPaDX6.giflU6DxKp.gifF2CLJFU.gifoDwh7oi.gifofZcn45.gifZP5Quyj.gif
@Nimphy

Can I be added to the pinglist? This is really intense, gosh... I love it. * _*
@Nimphy

Can I be added to the pinglist? This is really intense, gosh... I love it. * _*
w7Z8MA5.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7