Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Because We Are Survivors [Nuzlocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Getting pretty dragons was exciting for the first week, and now I want something new. Just buying dragons and breeding and collecting is getting pretty boring. So I'm taking up the Nuzlocke's challenge, with extra hard rules to make it more interesting! So I'm inviting you guys to participate, and suggest new rules that could make the game more interesting (but make sense). Here you can find the original rules.

The premise
All of your dragons die in some disaster. There is only one survivor, and it's up to them to mourn their losses and rebuild the lair back to its former glory.

The point
Every dragon is invaluable. Getting a beautiful dragon will be nearly impossible. Just keeping them alive and gradually growing your lair, making your dragons more powerful, is the challenge.

How to start
1. Exalt all but one dragon.
2. Get an egg. Hatch it. The first three days are to be spent scavenging and battling for an egg. If none are found, an egg can be bought. An egg may also be gifted, but not asked for.
3. These are the two sole members of your clan - the lone survivor, and an orphaned hatchling, perhaps found among the rubble of the fatal disaster.

RULES (last edited 9/6/2015)

Genes and scrolls:
1. You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20.
2. You can scatter-scroll a dragon only if they're level 25, and the scrolls must be gifted, not bought.
3. You can't use breed change scrolls on any dragons EDITED: you can, but only before the hatchling is introduced to the story (and only on purchased egg-hatchlings).

Coliseum:
1. If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt.
2. Battle stones can't be bought for a dragon unless they're level 13 or higher.
3. You can't reload the coli. Flee, and take the hit to energy.
4. A dragon can be saved from death only if (both conditions must be satisfied)
A) All the opponents are dead in the next round
B) One of the other dragons is at 40% energy or above
C) In alternative to B, if the dragons are in the Training Fields or the Woodland Path
So basically, if the fight ends quickly enough and the other dragons carry them to the lair in time for them not to bleed out.
5. A saved dragon can't fight in the Coli for three days, to recover.
6. Once a month, and only once a month, I can decide to save a dragon from death in the Coli despite the fact that they technically should have died. However, I must exalt two others in their place, and the will have to rest for a week before fighting again.
Eggs, nests and breeding
1. For every hatchling, flip a coin. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt. If heads, you have a survivor.
2. Flip a coin for every found egg, except for the very first one (if the first egg was bought, this exception does not apply to the second egg). If tails, the egg is unfertilized. Sell. If heads, you have a new hatchling. Repeat this each time the egg doesn't sell, until it either sells or is hatched.
3. You can't buy dragons from the AH, but you can buy eggs. Dragons may be gifted.
4. You can only buy one egg a month.
5. Purchased eggs are guaranteed to survive, until they are no longer hatchlings.
6. Dragons can only breed with like-sized dragons. However, the rules I found already were a bit too restrictive for my tastes, so instead of dividing them by race, I'll compare actual sizes at the moment of breeding, and breed if they're relatively similar.
7. If all the eggs in a nest by the same couple die twice in a row, the female is deemed sterile.
8. If the male mates with another female, and all the eggs die, he is deemed sterile, and the female gets a third chance to breed.
9. If all the eggs in the female's nest die again, they are now both sterile.
10. Once two dragons mate, they are a couple, and cannot mate with other dragons unless one of the two is declared sterile.

Other:
1. Lore is to be followed. That means that after 2 months of age (FR time) Guardians have to go for their Search. Give away to someone.
2. If a dragon's energy reaches 0%, they starve to death. Exalt.
3. Once a hatchling gains adult form (grows 5 days old) they are to be given a piece of apparel as a gift.
4. Pics or it didn't happen, but screenshots are not necessary, just pics of what you found. The rest is based on the honor system.
5. The dragons have to be named by random generator, although there is no limit to how many times you can generate a name before you find a suitable one.
6. During a holiday all scavenging/digging is required to be done in the celebrating element's area.
7. Gifts will be incorporated into the story, and appreciated, but can't be asked for.

These are the rules, modified version! I'm going to begin the challenge starting today, and the mass death will happen during the course of the next three days.

The Pinglist so far:
@ocularoracle @Yitzki @Lunila @BlueberryCrane @pensandink @Tiirran @Nihilo @KairiDragoness @Antaria @Rookery @Cien @Caeoltoiri
Getting pretty dragons was exciting for the first week, and now I want something new. Just buying dragons and breeding and collecting is getting pretty boring. So I'm taking up the Nuzlocke's challenge, with extra hard rules to make it more interesting! So I'm inviting you guys to participate, and suggest new rules that could make the game more interesting (but make sense). Here you can find the original rules.

The premise
All of your dragons die in some disaster. There is only one survivor, and it's up to them to mourn their losses and rebuild the lair back to its former glory.

The point
Every dragon is invaluable. Getting a beautiful dragon will be nearly impossible. Just keeping them alive and gradually growing your lair, making your dragons more powerful, is the challenge.

How to start
1. Exalt all but one dragon.
2. Get an egg. Hatch it. The first three days are to be spent scavenging and battling for an egg. If none are found, an egg can be bought. An egg may also be gifted, but not asked for.
3. These are the two sole members of your clan - the lone survivor, and an orphaned hatchling, perhaps found among the rubble of the fatal disaster.

RULES (last edited 9/6/2015)

Genes and scrolls:
1. You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20.
2. You can scatter-scroll a dragon only if they're level 25, and the scrolls must be gifted, not bought.
3. You can't use breed change scrolls on any dragons EDITED: you can, but only before the hatchling is introduced to the story (and only on purchased egg-hatchlings).

Coliseum:
1. If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt.
2. Battle stones can't be bought for a dragon unless they're level 13 or higher.
3. You can't reload the coli. Flee, and take the hit to energy.
4. A dragon can be saved from death only if (both conditions must be satisfied)
A) All the opponents are dead in the next round
B) One of the other dragons is at 40% energy or above
C) In alternative to B, if the dragons are in the Training Fields or the Woodland Path
So basically, if the fight ends quickly enough and the other dragons carry them to the lair in time for them not to bleed out.
5. A saved dragon can't fight in the Coli for three days, to recover.
6. Once a month, and only once a month, I can decide to save a dragon from death in the Coli despite the fact that they technically should have died. However, I must exalt two others in their place, and the will have to rest for a week before fighting again.
Eggs, nests and breeding
1. For every hatchling, flip a coin. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt. If heads, you have a survivor.
2. Flip a coin for every found egg, except for the very first one (if the first egg was bought, this exception does not apply to the second egg). If tails, the egg is unfertilized. Sell. If heads, you have a new hatchling. Repeat this each time the egg doesn't sell, until it either sells or is hatched.
3. You can't buy dragons from the AH, but you can buy eggs. Dragons may be gifted.
4. You can only buy one egg a month.
5. Purchased eggs are guaranteed to survive, until they are no longer hatchlings.
6. Dragons can only breed with like-sized dragons. However, the rules I found already were a bit too restrictive for my tastes, so instead of dividing them by race, I'll compare actual sizes at the moment of breeding, and breed if they're relatively similar.
7. If all the eggs in a nest by the same couple die twice in a row, the female is deemed sterile.
8. If the male mates with another female, and all the eggs die, he is deemed sterile, and the female gets a third chance to breed.
9. If all the eggs in the female's nest die again, they are now both sterile.
10. Once two dragons mate, they are a couple, and cannot mate with other dragons unless one of the two is declared sterile.

Other:
1. Lore is to be followed. That means that after 2 months of age (FR time) Guardians have to go for their Search. Give away to someone.
2. If a dragon's energy reaches 0%, they starve to death. Exalt.
3. Once a hatchling gains adult form (grows 5 days old) they are to be given a piece of apparel as a gift.
4. Pics or it didn't happen, but screenshots are not necessary, just pics of what you found. The rest is based on the honor system.
5. The dragons have to be named by random generator, although there is no limit to how many times you can generate a name before you find a suitable one.
6. During a holiday all scavenging/digging is required to be done in the celebrating element's area.
7. Gifts will be incorporated into the story, and appreciated, but can't be asked for.

These are the rules, modified version! I'm going to begin the challenge starting today, and the mass death will happen during the course of the next three days.

The Pinglist so far:
@ocularoracle @Yitzki @Lunila @BlueberryCrane @pensandink @Tiirran @Nihilo @KairiDragoness @Antaria @Rookery @Cien @Caeoltoiri
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
AN: Okay, this story will be a mix of narration and journals kept by characters. The journals will be italicized to make them easier to distinguish. Also, for extra info on the characters check the bios of the dragons (which I will write as soon as I post this).

Coughing, blood, dragons curled up on the ground. The den was not a pretty place. Caron bent his long, snake-like body to better look at the new hatchlings and their mother, gorgeous Saphira. In the little time he had known her, he had never thought her death would be anything but glorious, but here she was, blisters on her skin and blood oozing out of them, curled up in a ball around her hatchlings, as if trying to protect them. It was a futile gesture, and everyone knew it. The hatchlings were already weeping with pain, their scales, still soft, covered in thin rivulets of blood.
A short distance away, Gilas and Kal were resting against each other, the Guardian enveloping the Fae in his wings. The progenitors of the clan were both particularly sick, but the Fae seemed to be the most affected, her body completely limp against that of his mate.
Some dragons were hiding from everyone else, choosing to suffer alone. Honestly, Cron could understand them. He, too, would've much preferred taking the pain by himself to being pathetic in front of all the others. But among all the dragons in the den, for some reason, Caron was the only one who wasn't infected. And all he could think about was why.

Day 1
This is bad.
A plague hit the den. Nothing new of course, considered the land we live in, but this one, this one is bad, I can tell. Everyone is coughing up blood, and there are blisters on every piece of skin. For some reason, I seem to not be affected by it, but that may be related to me not having been here long enough, or maybe the Arcanist's magic is protecting me. I don't really know, but what I do know is that I am not suffering like the others, and right now I'd prefer to join them. At least that way I wouldn't be forced to watch them all, and not be able to do anything about it.

Day 1, addendum
Our progenitor has died, together with little Skiandrum. I haven't talked much with neither, at least not for long, or not more than simple small talk. I almost regret it. Gilas seems to be taking it particularly hard. He stopped moving, and hasn't reacted since. Hasn't moved to feed, hasn't moved to drink, hasn't talked to anyone, or done anything but stare at the Fae. Understandable, since Kal is - was - his Charge, but it can't be healthy.

Day 1, addendum II
Rha and both hatchlings passed away, too. We finally managed to move Kal's corpse, together with all the others. Having them inside the den isn't good for our sanity. I don't know what's happening, nor why I am still alive.
Oh Plaguebringer, Arcanist, why are you doing this? Why are you killing my new family, just when I found one?
AN: Okay, this story will be a mix of narration and journals kept by characters. The journals will be italicized to make them easier to distinguish. Also, for extra info on the characters check the bios of the dragons (which I will write as soon as I post this).

Coughing, blood, dragons curled up on the ground. The den was not a pretty place. Caron bent his long, snake-like body to better look at the new hatchlings and their mother, gorgeous Saphira. In the little time he had known her, he had never thought her death would be anything but glorious, but here she was, blisters on her skin and blood oozing out of them, curled up in a ball around her hatchlings, as if trying to protect them. It was a futile gesture, and everyone knew it. The hatchlings were already weeping with pain, their scales, still soft, covered in thin rivulets of blood.
A short distance away, Gilas and Kal were resting against each other, the Guardian enveloping the Fae in his wings. The progenitors of the clan were both particularly sick, but the Fae seemed to be the most affected, her body completely limp against that of his mate.
Some dragons were hiding from everyone else, choosing to suffer alone. Honestly, Cron could understand them. He, too, would've much preferred taking the pain by himself to being pathetic in front of all the others. But among all the dragons in the den, for some reason, Caron was the only one who wasn't infected. And all he could think about was why.

Day 1
This is bad.
A plague hit the den. Nothing new of course, considered the land we live in, but this one, this one is bad, I can tell. Everyone is coughing up blood, and there are blisters on every piece of skin. For some reason, I seem to not be affected by it, but that may be related to me not having been here long enough, or maybe the Arcanist's magic is protecting me. I don't really know, but what I do know is that I am not suffering like the others, and right now I'd prefer to join them. At least that way I wouldn't be forced to watch them all, and not be able to do anything about it.

Day 1, addendum
Our progenitor has died, together with little Skiandrum. I haven't talked much with neither, at least not for long, or not more than simple small talk. I almost regret it. Gilas seems to be taking it particularly hard. He stopped moving, and hasn't reacted since. Hasn't moved to feed, hasn't moved to drink, hasn't talked to anyone, or done anything but stare at the Fae. Understandable, since Kal is - was - his Charge, but it can't be healthy.

Day 1, addendum II
Rha and both hatchlings passed away, too. We finally managed to move Kal's corpse, together with all the others. Having them inside the den isn't good for our sanity. I don't know what's happening, nor why I am still alive.
Oh Plaguebringer, Arcanist, why are you doing this? Why are you killing my new family, just when I found one?
[b]The Survivors:[/b] [u]Caron[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12083024] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/120831/12083024_350.png[/img] [/url] The original survivor of the plague. [u]Vale[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12751816] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127519/12751816_350.png[/img] [/url] Bought by Arliin and Battlecry as a gift to Caron (April egg purchase) [u]Requiem[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13423917] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/134240/13423917_350.png[/img] [/url] Brought in by Vale, following Arliin's death (May egg purchase) [b]The Deceased[/b] [u]Battlecry[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12521112] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/125212/12521112_350.png[/img] [/url] Found in an egg bought by Caron after the death of all his clan mates. Died on day 14, killed in the Coliseum by a Strangler. [u]Arliin[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12516000] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/125161/12516000_350.png[/img] [/url] Found by Battlecry and Caron while wondering. Died in day 34, in the Coliseum.
The Survivors:

Caron

12083024_350.png

The original survivor of the plague.

Vale

12751816_350.png

Bought by Arliin and Battlecry as a gift to Caron (April egg purchase)

Requiem

13423917_350.png

Brought in by Vale, following Arliin's death (May egg purchase)

The Deceased

Battlecry

12521112_350.png

Found in an egg bought by Caron after the death of all his clan mates. Died on day 14, killed in the Coliseum by a Strangler.

Arliin

12516000_350.png

Found by Battlecry and Caron while wondering. Died in day 34, in the Coliseum.
Hell yeah, loving this flavour so far man! Keep it up!
Hell yeah, loving this flavour so far man! Keep it up!
I'm definitely reading this, i like your writing. Good luck with it!
I'm definitely reading this, i like your writing. Good luck with it!
Chapter 2

Darn it! Caron barely dodged the incoming attack from the strangler, and prepared to scratch him back. He could fight, but both his companions were weakened, although neither would ever admit it. Camille was in meditation, trying to gain as much breath as possible to cast another spell. She had been often wounded, and was already wavering, but after all she was the physically weakest one in the group, and enemies seemed to particularly love attacking her.
Gilas, on the other hand, was holding out much better, physically speaking, but Caron wasn't sure he was doing quite so fine mentally. The Guardian roared as he attacked the snake, a deep, infected gash immediately appearing in the beast's neck. It fell on the ground, writhing on the spot for a few seconds before ceasing to move altogether. Caron grinned - weakened or not, their team was not about to be defeated by a simple Strangler - but also shivered at the older dragon's fury. He had always been incredibly calm and collected, even when fighting. Kal's loss had affected him in many ways, evidently.
He turned around at the gasp of pain behind him, just in time to see Camille falling on the ground.
"Camille!" He called, flying over to the female dragon. "Gilas, we should go back. She's not in conditions to continue fighting." Caron said, hovering over the Pearlcatcher, who was now trying to push herself back up.
"No, I'm fine. Just got wounded. I can continue. We've done this before" she hissed, and it would've been convincing, had she not fallen immediately after getting to her feet.
"Right." Caron laughed. Camille glared at him, but he just grabbed her and started flying.
"Come on Gilas, we're going back home for today!"

Day 2
I wonder how she died. Or what she was thinking. I was speaking the whole trip, about the same stupid things I always speak about, and I didn't notice a thing, not a single thing. Just her limp body when we finally arrived and I told her to get off. Would she have survived if I hadn't allowed her to come with us? I don't know, nor do I want to know.
Aeron is missing. Dyvad says he left, since there was no reason for him to be here anymore. He had just come to mate, and he wasn't dying like the others, so he saw no reason to stay here. I wish I could say I don't blame him, but I do.

Day 2, Addendum
Saphira and Runus passed away, but not before fighting with each other. Verbally, of course, neither could move. They said something about coming in a cursed place, and letting their hatchlings die.
Honestly, I didn't understand a word, but I understood enough. I would've never thought those two would fight seriously. They often did, but neither really meant it, I could tell. This once, this time they really meant all that they were saying. How could they fight just before dying? How could they let their last words to each other be ones of blame?

AN: Heyo everyone! Just a couple of announcements: first, if you want to keep reading this and be notified of new chapters, please tell me to put you in the pinglist. Also, if you want to be removed from the pinglist, just say so. The second announcement is that I'm giving Aeron away! That fits this story better anyway. If you want to have him, PM me. It's a gift, although I'd appreciate it of course if you payed with constructive critique :P Note that Aeron, like Rha, is caretaking a nest right now, and the eggs will hatch in three days or so, not before that. You'll get him right after that. Thanks for reading!

Pinging:
@ocularoracle
@Yitzki
@Lunila
@BlueberryCrane
Chapter 2

Darn it! Caron barely dodged the incoming attack from the strangler, and prepared to scratch him back. He could fight, but both his companions were weakened, although neither would ever admit it. Camille was in meditation, trying to gain as much breath as possible to cast another spell. She had been often wounded, and was already wavering, but after all she was the physically weakest one in the group, and enemies seemed to particularly love attacking her.
Gilas, on the other hand, was holding out much better, physically speaking, but Caron wasn't sure he was doing quite so fine mentally. The Guardian roared as he attacked the snake, a deep, infected gash immediately appearing in the beast's neck. It fell on the ground, writhing on the spot for a few seconds before ceasing to move altogether. Caron grinned - weakened or not, their team was not about to be defeated by a simple Strangler - but also shivered at the older dragon's fury. He had always been incredibly calm and collected, even when fighting. Kal's loss had affected him in many ways, evidently.
He turned around at the gasp of pain behind him, just in time to see Camille falling on the ground.
"Camille!" He called, flying over to the female dragon. "Gilas, we should go back. She's not in conditions to continue fighting." Caron said, hovering over the Pearlcatcher, who was now trying to push herself back up.
"No, I'm fine. Just got wounded. I can continue. We've done this before" she hissed, and it would've been convincing, had she not fallen immediately after getting to her feet.
"Right." Caron laughed. Camille glared at him, but he just grabbed her and started flying.
"Come on Gilas, we're going back home for today!"

Day 2
I wonder how she died. Or what she was thinking. I was speaking the whole trip, about the same stupid things I always speak about, and I didn't notice a thing, not a single thing. Just her limp body when we finally arrived and I told her to get off. Would she have survived if I hadn't allowed her to come with us? I don't know, nor do I want to know.
Aeron is missing. Dyvad says he left, since there was no reason for him to be here anymore. He had just come to mate, and he wasn't dying like the others, so he saw no reason to stay here. I wish I could say I don't blame him, but I do.

Day 2, Addendum
Saphira and Runus passed away, but not before fighting with each other. Verbally, of course, neither could move. They said something about coming in a cursed place, and letting their hatchlings die.
Honestly, I didn't understand a word, but I understood enough. I would've never thought those two would fight seriously. They often did, but neither really meant it, I could tell. This once, this time they really meant all that they were saying. How could they fight just before dying? How could they let their last words to each other be ones of blame?

AN: Heyo everyone! Just a couple of announcements: first, if you want to keep reading this and be notified of new chapters, please tell me to put you in the pinglist. Also, if you want to be removed from the pinglist, just say so. The second announcement is that I'm giving Aeron away! That fits this story better anyway. If you want to have him, PM me. It's a gift, although I'd appreciate it of course if you payed with constructive critique :P Note that Aeron, like Rha, is caretaking a nest right now, and the eggs will hatch in three days or so, not before that. You'll get him right after that. Thanks for reading!

Pinging:
@ocularoracle
@Yitzki
@Lunila
@BlueberryCrane
@Nimphy ooh look another pain train! add me to the pinglist?
@Nimphy ooh look another pain train! add me to the pinglist?
hpOdUl3.png
Chapter 3

Caron was standing on a pile of corpses, or so it looked. It felt like a dream, like a terrible, terrible nightmare, but the stench of death was too strong to be a nightmare.

Gilas was dead, quiet as ever. Sunlock too. True to his self, no one knew how he died, just as no one knew how he had lived. Caron was asleep when he stopped breathing and he hoped the young dragon had been, too. He didn't know why, but he found the thought of dying in one's sleep oddly comforting.

"Caron." a weak voice called from a point to his left. Caron sniffed slightly and turned to face Dyvad, lying on the ground, now too weak to move. He had death already painted on his face, but was trying to make one last effort. The heir who would never live enough to inherit the clan.

"Hey." Caron whispered, blinking to hold back the tears and flying over to the other dragon. The Guardian laughed bitterly.
"Hey." he said, a weak smile on his lips. There was a moment of awkward silence between the two, as Caron just listened to Dyvad's pained wheezing.

"Caron. Are you going to leave?" he finally asked. Caron thought over it for a moment, then shook his head.
"What's keeping you here? There is nothing left now..." Caron shook his head again, this time meaning to silence the Guardian. For a few more minutes there was silence again, and this time Caron broke it.

"I'll find an egg! Or buy one. And I'll raise the hatchling and then create this clan anew! I... I know it wouldn't be the same clan, but..."
"It would." Dyvad interrupted the Spiral. "Dragons die all the time, but as long as one member is alive, a clan can't die."
"I'm not even a member of this clan." Caron whispered. Dyvad smiled again.
"Of course you are! You became one the moment you opened your eyes here."
"Heh."

More silence. Caron wasn't sure he liked it, but Dyvad was too weak to speak anyway.

"Caron."
"Hmm?"
"I think I'm dying."
"Now? Right now?" the Spiral asked, an edge of panic taking control of his voice despite his efforts to keep it calm.
"Yeah..." the Guardian said, his voice barely a whisper. "Remember that egg."
"Yeah."

More silence, but Caron waited. He knew there were things still to be told. There was something, if only one sentence, that one of them needed to say. So he waited, until one of them understood what it was and said it.

"Goodbye, Caron."
"Goodbye"

There are no journal entries for day 3

Pinging: @ocularoracle
@Yitzki
@Lunila
@BlueberryCrane
@pensandink (welcome!)
Chapter 3

Caron was standing on a pile of corpses, or so it looked. It felt like a dream, like a terrible, terrible nightmare, but the stench of death was too strong to be a nightmare.

Gilas was dead, quiet as ever. Sunlock too. True to his self, no one knew how he died, just as no one knew how he had lived. Caron was asleep when he stopped breathing and he hoped the young dragon had been, too. He didn't know why, but he found the thought of dying in one's sleep oddly comforting.

"Caron." a weak voice called from a point to his left. Caron sniffed slightly and turned to face Dyvad, lying on the ground, now too weak to move. He had death already painted on his face, but was trying to make one last effort. The heir who would never live enough to inherit the clan.

"Hey." Caron whispered, blinking to hold back the tears and flying over to the other dragon. The Guardian laughed bitterly.
"Hey." he said, a weak smile on his lips. There was a moment of awkward silence between the two, as Caron just listened to Dyvad's pained wheezing.

"Caron. Are you going to leave?" he finally asked. Caron thought over it for a moment, then shook his head.
"What's keeping you here? There is nothing left now..." Caron shook his head again, this time meaning to silence the Guardian. For a few more minutes there was silence again, and this time Caron broke it.

"I'll find an egg! Or buy one. And I'll raise the hatchling and then create this clan anew! I... I know it wouldn't be the same clan, but..."
"It would." Dyvad interrupted the Spiral. "Dragons die all the time, but as long as one member is alive, a clan can't die."
"I'm not even a member of this clan." Caron whispered. Dyvad smiled again.
"Of course you are! You became one the moment you opened your eyes here."
"Heh."

More silence. Caron wasn't sure he liked it, but Dyvad was too weak to speak anyway.

"Caron."
"Hmm?"
"I think I'm dying."
"Now? Right now?" the Spiral asked, an edge of panic taking control of his voice despite his efforts to keep it calm.
"Yeah..." the Guardian said, his voice barely a whisper. "Remember that egg."
"Yeah."

More silence, but Caron waited. He knew there were things still to be told. There was something, if only one sentence, that one of them needed to say. So he waited, until one of them understood what it was and said it.

"Goodbye, Caron."
"Goodbye"

There are no journal entries for day 3

Pinging: @ocularoracle
@Yitzki
@Lunila
@BlueberryCrane
@pensandink (welcome!)
It's interesting that you chose to extend the disaster, and not have all your dragons die at the same moment. Plus, I suppose it's more satisfying to give each dragon a death scene, and less difficult to let them go after that.
I can't wait for the challenge to start now ^^
It's interesting that you chose to extend the disaster, and not have all your dragons die at the same moment. Plus, I suppose it's more satisfying to give each dragon a death scene, and less difficult to let them go after that.
I can't wait for the challenge to start now ^^
@BlueberryCrane Yeesss, let the pain begin! I have some interesting character ideas that I can't wait to develop. As for extending the distaster, I could only think of a plague as a logical explanation for what might have happened, and I was fairly sure it wouldn't kill everyone at once. Three days was already a bit of a stretch, but I couldn't wait any longer ^^"
@BlueberryCrane Yeesss, let the pain begin! I have some interesting character ideas that I can't wait to develop. As for extending the distaster, I could only think of a plague as a logical explanation for what might have happened, and I was fairly sure it wouldn't kill everyone at once. Three days was already a bit of a stretch, but I couldn't wait any longer ^^"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7