Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | ~Studio Alamo~ (Environments!!)
!Hello yes welcome to my Sketchbook Thread and I Guess Other Stuff Too Thread!
Where I will post things... that... I draw. I guess. Strictly FR related!!

As it turns out, I happen to have a thing for illustrating environments- but!! I don't have an imagination :(
So I've decided to do in-depth studies of the world environments here on FR!! Because they're cool!!!! annnnd that way I don't have to make them up myself HE HE HE B)

I started with Tangled Wood because I just got back from four days in hell Michigan, and I really wanted to do something in the eerie boreal wetland theme. This way, it can be under near constant fog, and would be reasonably dark during the day.

And we will be accompanied by Unfortunate Centaur Size Comparison Guide...

zn4ewo.jpg
Driftwood Drag-
fun fact- I have a phobia of swamps. That's probably why I've drawn them so much :\

2i7od1l.jpg
Wispwillow Grove
another fun fact- there should be glowing mushrooms in this picture but there isn't, because I get paid to draw glowing mushrooms for eight hours every day and I'm sick of it

2sbn2bd.jpg
Foxfire Bramble
The difference between here and Wispwillow is that the ground here is supposed to be water, but it didn't come across that well!! eh oh well

wwkx2p.jpg
Forum of the Obscured Crescent
Hey! Li'l centaur made it to the center of the forest without dying. Good job buddy!! :D

Da da daaaa and that's Tangled Wood, hope y'all like(especially anybody from shadow flight!!!)

What area should I do next?? I was thinking of just going clockwise and doing the islands at the very end, but idkkkk
!Hello yes welcome to my Sketchbook Thread and I Guess Other Stuff Too Thread!
Where I will post things... that... I draw. I guess. Strictly FR related!!

As it turns out, I happen to have a thing for illustrating environments- but!! I don't have an imagination :(
So I've decided to do in-depth studies of the world environments here on FR!! Because they're cool!!!! annnnd that way I don't have to make them up myself HE HE HE B)

I started with Tangled Wood because I just got back from four days in hell Michigan, and I really wanted to do something in the eerie boreal wetland theme. This way, it can be under near constant fog, and would be reasonably dark during the day.

And we will be accompanied by Unfortunate Centaur Size Comparison Guide...

zn4ewo.jpg
Driftwood Drag-
fun fact- I have a phobia of swamps. That's probably why I've drawn them so much :\

2i7od1l.jpg
Wispwillow Grove
another fun fact- there should be glowing mushrooms in this picture but there isn't, because I get paid to draw glowing mushrooms for eight hours every day and I'm sick of it

2sbn2bd.jpg
Foxfire Bramble
The difference between here and Wispwillow is that the ground here is supposed to be water, but it didn't come across that well!! eh oh well

wwkx2p.jpg
Forum of the Obscured Crescent
Hey! Li'l centaur made it to the center of the forest without dying. Good job buddy!! :D

Da da daaaa and that's Tangled Wood, hope y'all like(especially anybody from shadow flight!!!)

What area should I do next?? I was thinking of just going clockwise and doing the islands at the very end, but idkkkk
ALSO

bonus round
Here's the ugly as sin map I made in like thirty minutes for personal reference
20q11j8.jpg

I used it to get kind of a semi-realistic scale of the size of the country
ALSO

bonus round
Here's the ugly as sin map I made in like thirty minutes for personal reference
20q11j8.jpg

I used it to get kind of a semi-realistic scale of the size of the country
@Alamo Oh my god this is so awesome! I'm no artist but I'm currently working with one to draw out my lair. So this sort of environment stuff is really neat to see!

I'd love to see your interpretation of some of the lands in the Dragonhome (particular the area nearest the pillar), but honestly any area you do will look amazing I'm sure.
@Alamo Oh my god this is so awesome! I'm no artist but I'm currently working with one to draw out my lair. So this sort of environment stuff is really neat to see!

I'd love to see your interpretation of some of the lands in the Dragonhome (particular the area nearest the pillar), but honestly any area you do will look amazing I'm sure.
64514_s.gif
@Founder

Oh cool!!! I wanna see your lair when yall are finished!! I LOVE LOVE environment stuff!!

Ill do Dragonhome next, then! It'll be a challenge since its so far north, up by the poles, but is also a desert?? Ha ha, ill figure something out (ill let younknow when I post it :3)
@Founder

Oh cool!!! I wanna see your lair when yall are finished!! I LOVE LOVE environment stuff!!

Ill do Dragonhome next, then! It'll be a challenge since its so far north, up by the poles, but is also a desert?? Ha ha, ill figure something out (ill let younknow when I post it :3)
AH GORGEOUS?????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
WONDERFUL
AH GORGEOUS?????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
WONDERFUL
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
rDDk8Bm.png Bw4cyXn.pngjU7eG38.png 8lxCsmk.png
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
UEbwahm.pngKCykZYQ.pngUiowYIX.png
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
@Alamo

Do you do commissions?
@Alamo

Do you do commissions?
p3jERvH.png
@Alamo
Dang that is some awesome work! Do you do commissions? I would seriously like to order something.
@Alamo
Dang that is some awesome work! Do you do commissions? I would seriously like to order something.
Yokai.gif
@Alamo

These are very lovely! If you ever decide to do commissions please let me know :)
@Alamo

These are very lovely! If you ever decide to do commissions please let me know :)
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
Sweet criminy please ping me if/when you draw more.

Utterly fantastic.
Sweet criminy please ping me if/when you draw more.

Utterly fantastic.
cL9yafY.gif